St Margaret's Hospital

Telephone:
Address: Building 4, Spencer Close, St Margaret's Hospital, The Plain,, Epping, Essex, CM16 6TN
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

Poor attitude and appalling visiting times!

I called yesterday to ask about visiting times, as I wanted to visit a very dear friend of mine who had just been admitted. I live over 100 miles away from Epping, so it was going to be a long drive and I needed to get back home by 3.00pm to collect my granddaughter from school. Imagine my dismay when I was told that there were no visiting times during the morning! Only 2-4pm and then 6-8pm- incredibly inconvenient for many people, especially those mothers who need to be home for children leaving school.
I explained my dilemma to the nurse who answered (Poplar Ward) and she was rude and unsympathetic. I had not seen this friend since his admittance to Broomfield (all day visiting...) and would dearly like to visit him, but she did not care. 'Those are the visiting hours so do not come at any other time!'
Absolutely dreadful!! What a terrible way to treat elderly unwell patients who need visitors to cheer them up! His family also all live over 50 miles away- goodness knows why he was sent here!

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 17 September 2013

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visits to x-ray department far better than at Harlow.

I have a back problem and in the last few months I have had x-rays of my back, and more recently a MRI. Having had my last MRI in a local private hospital in Buckhurst Hill where the staff were not very pleasant, I was due to have another MRI and asked to be sent to St Margaret's.

The staff were really friendly and they joked that at the private hospital I probably had music through my headphones (which was true) but at St Margaret's all they have are ear defenders. I am not one of those patients who feel stressed by a MRI, but if I was, the music might have relaxed me. Anyway, the staff did not rush me even though I was the last appointment of the day.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 03 August 2013

Donna Watson gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit

I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff - receptionist, nurses, radiologist, consultant - working in the breast care unit at St Margaret's for looking after me so well when I recently received a letter asking me to return for tests. The care, concern and compassion they all showed me was above and beyond and made a very scary time more bearable. They were wonderful so thank you very much.

Donna Watson

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 19 March 2013

Anonymous gave St Margaret's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

phoned ward for visiting hours.

phoned to find out visiting times as my father in hospital. was put through to poplar ward, this was on saturday 16.3.13 at 9.30am
nurse who took my call was extremely rude! i was shocked at the attitude of this nurse.
if thats how they speak to the public, then how do they speak to the patients.
patients feel vulnerable when in hospital, they are not in their own environment, so rely on a little kindness from nurses and staff to put them at ease.
i know that nurses, doctors and medical staff work long hours and do an absolutely marvelous job, so i'm by no means tarring them all with the same brush, its a shame this nurse has given a very bad impression with regards the hospital and its staff. what sort of message does this send out to general public and the hospital patients. i send a message to this member of staff. if you don't like people, if you can't be civil and polite, if you can't show a little consideration for your fellow human being then you're in the wrong job !

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 16 March 2013

Anonymous reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

Disgraceful

After being rushed to hospital with a suspected lung clot in November 2011 my daughter is no nearer a diagnosis for her problem. She has been passed to various doctors, which means a long wait for an appointment, then that doctor requires tests, another wait, test results go missing, another wait for an appointment and another doctor, more tests, more missing results more waiting for appointments. Nobody cares! It's always nothing to do with the person you can speak to. Always someone else's problem. No one will take ownership of the problem.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 06 February 2013

Robert reviewed St Margaret's Hospital

OAK UNIT, 28/1/2013

A short commendatiuon for the staff on duty in Oak unit during my morning appointment, particularly for the lady who was responsible for receiving and progressing patients. Her attitude was first class, combining efficiency, awareness, communication and consideration with exemplary manners despite a very busy schedule. The running of the main Radiology reception point would benefit from displaying such skills.
Also the nurse who performed my ultrasound and discussed my condition was very good.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 29 January 2013

flo hann recommended St Margaret's Hospital

excelent

What I liked

i had an mri scan ,extremely efficient ,kind ,caring ,professional staff.thankyou

Visited in July 2012. Posted on 03 July 2012

Anonymous recommended at St Margaret's Hospital

Great

What I liked

The doctor was wonderful.

The staff managed to see my son at the end of day on Friday for new ear molds saving us from having to come back again for another appointment.

The staff are all very helpful and friendly.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 13 June 2012

wenglish46 recommended Surgery - Breast at St Margaret's Hospital

Very satisfied I felt looked after and safe

What I liked

The person doing my ultrasound found out how to pronounce my first name phonetically which has never happened before. All the staff were helpful, polite and understanding. Thank you

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 01 February 2012

Anonymous recommended at St Margaret's Hospital

A very compassionate and caring team throughout the whole process.

What I liked

St. Margaret's Hospital, Epping should be commended for the fast treatment, respect and compassion and efficient way in which my care was carried out through to the operation of my breast cancer. I and my husband fully appreciated all the information that was given throughout the whole process. I would not hesitate to inform anyone having to go through any medical situation that I had received - excellent service.

Visited in December 2011. Posted on 12 December 2011