Chapel Allerton Hospital

Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

female aged 55 reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Good experience

My first stay in a hospital i had a full knee replacement and from arriving on the Thursday morning was looket after with the utmost care the hospital is clean and in good repair and as a friendly caring feel wherever you are. Thank your for a memorable say for all the right reasons.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 June 2015

Dear Female aged 55,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
It was very uplifting reading your words of support and gratitude; I have passed your kind words onto the relevant management for Chapel Allerton and I have asked that they share your post with the relevant staff members as they will be extremely pleased with the feedback you have given.

c.roy gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

C.Roy.my stay on ward C1 rehab was very pleasant

My stay on rehab ward C1 was a very pleasant expereance,all the staff were both dignified and very respectable also very down to earth doctors,nurses, physios most of the staff in the green overalls with the exception of 2! The people that gave your meals out always making us frothy coffee and the other members of staff we had such a laugh they uplifted my spirits if ever i felt a bit low which wasn't very often! I can't thank the staff enough for the way i was looked after it was my 1st stay in hospital since i had my last child 23 yr ago how things have changed, for the better even the patients were very happy as happy as you can be when you have to come into hospital this is indeed a lovely ward i had such a good rapor with everybody except the 2 green overalls staff one did work hard but their bedside manner and the way they treated some patients is somewhat to be desired. There's the other one they seemed to pretend to work leaving the harder work for others which is totally unfair of them too, leaving the harder work for the other staff to do!! I have told every body i know what a lovely memorable stay i had for the 4 or so weeks i were there thankyou ..

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 29 June 2015

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Grimsby patient gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Skin Patch Testing.

I originally was contacted by the bookings department. The secretary was courteous, considerate and helpful in arranging my appointments this week at Chapel Allerton Hospital. The staff and nurses in the patch testing department were very kind and caring during all of my three visits and extremely patient when explaining to me any questions I asked.

Well done and thank you so much for all the caring attention you showed to me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Second time staying and very satisfied

This is my second time in ward C2 and the staff were again on the ball. Everything I said before stands true. Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 29 May 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 24 June 2015

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care, we aim to provide excellent care to all our patients.
I have passed your kind words onto the matron for ward 2 at Chapel Allerton and have asked that they be shared with staff so that they too know of the great work that they are doing.

steve reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

finally happened

after nearly 3 yrs of been sent to wrong departments by various GPs and health clinics I finally got to orthopaedics and all appeared to moving at last however the operation on my ankle which was promised before the end of January 2015 became April 10th then on the day before they tried to cancel the operation ( it was now 3 yrs since going to GP) after protesting I was fitted back into the operations schedule on the date I had been told by letter previously .
The irony of it all was I knew from 2012 I needed to go to a orthopaedic clinic and was sent to rheumatology by my GP brought this up at clinic on my first visit nobody listened then 6 months later after numerous days off work and X-rays etc I was told we are signing you off you need to see a orthopedist consultant .
Back to Gp then health centre then eventually in 2014 back to chapel allerton .
Had my ankle fused on April 10th 2015 no complaints about the operation or the aftercare and went home the following afternoon all was good.
The problem seems to be actually getting to the operating theatre because of the huge amounts of mistakes made by 3 other parts of the health system and some at chapel allerton .
And now all is going well ,,,at last

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

Never have I been in such a friendly and caring ward as C2. All the staff go out of their way to help you in any way they possibly can, and always have a smile on their face. All NHS staff should be shown this ward and how they treat patients with outstanding care! Staff on this ward really should know how fantastic they are!

The only negative I could say is that there are certain catering staff that are incredibly rude, and almost refuse to speak to you.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic care!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Appointment

I saw my GP on Tues evening about an ongoing skin complaint - they felt it needed to be seen by a consultant dermatologist. The GP rang the on- call dermatologist, who gave them some medication to prescribe me. The on-call registrar said they would contact the dermatology department to arrange an appointment.
The dermatology outpatients has just rang me to arrange an appointment - as the on-call dermatologist had sent a letter down to get an appointment for me.
So the end result is I have an appointment on Monday morning.
An excellent service between my GP, on-call registrar, and dermatology department.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 29 April 2015

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to post your views.
I am happy to read that you had such a positive experience. I have passed your post onto Chapel Allerton’s dermatology department who will be very pleased with your feedback.

M.Green gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology-Minor Surgery

I had minor surgery in April 2015. I was extremely satisfied with all aspects of my care at the hospital. The staff were very professional and caring. I was put at ease from the friendly moment I arrived until I left after the procedure.. I was told exactly what was going to happen at each stage of the procedure and was asked throughout if I was ok with what was happening. Thank you to all the staff involved as I was nervous about the surgery even though it was minor and they made it as comfortable as possible. :-)

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 June 2015

Dear M.Green
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your post onto the relevant management for Chapel Allerton and have asked that they share your kind words with their staff members so that they can know of the great work that they are doing.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in outpatients and X-Ray

The overall feeling of a hospital of commited, pleasant staff, who work as a team. On registering in at the general out patients desk, the staff was most pleasant and helpful, a good start to my visit.
In X-Ray they ekplained all that was hapening, and took time and care due to my back oroblems and did not rush me ir nake me feel a nuisance.
Sister on Orthopaedic outpatients greeted me with a warm smile, and undertook my care with greatvexplanations and I left feeling that I was a person and nit just a name.
Dermatology was most pkeasant and helpful and the Dr treating me for Discoid Lupus is always most kind, understanding and helpful. I have niot, after attending Chapel Allerton Hospital for the past 5 years evervhad reason ti complain. My sincere thanks to all the staff involved

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 05 February 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 20 April 2015

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I would like thank you for your kind words of support and appreciation.
I have passed your comments onto all departments involved who will be exceptionally pleased with the feedback you have given.

Andrea gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my second stay as an inpatient ward C3 for Hip Revision &TKR

I cannot praise this hospital enough.
My consultant has always been very professional and attentive. Taking time to explain everything, coming for a chat before theatre and then again in recovery. As well as regular visits once you are on the ward.
All the nursing staff are just what they should be, kind,respectful and very caring. All other members of staff who work on the ward again are faultless and very helpful.
The wards are spotless and have a nice atmosphere.
The food is of a very high standard. Despite having painful operations I thoroughly enjoyed my stays here.
I also attend as an outpatient in orthopaedics.
Again I cannot praise the department enough. They are friendly professional and so well organised.
This is the NHS at its finest if you didn't know better you'd think it was a private hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 31 March 2015

Dear Andrea
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your wonderful comments about the care and services you received from Chapel Allerton Hospital.
I am delighted to know that your expectations of the care you received were well met whilst you were an inpatient. I have taken the liberty of passing your kind comments on to Chapel Allerton Hospital as it is important that our staff know of the good work they are doing,
They as much as I deeply appreciate the time you have taken to write to us.
Again many thanks