Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

Cora Hunt gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mohs surgery to remove bcc

I have had a bcc removed by mohs surgery and I cannot praise the surgeon enough and the two nurses who were so kind and caring throughout the procedure.A big thankyou to the team.I have taken the dressings off this morning and I am so pleased with the result by a very skillful surgeon.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Alan Hurdley gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class care from professor and their team also the ward

I have been attending now for treatment since February both as an out patient and in patient and l could not wish for better care and attention
All the staff on Ward C2 are caring and if hospital is a delight well it is in this Ward
From the Domestic Staff to the Nursing and Professor and their Medical staff you make my visits most enjoyable and informative every step of my on going treatment

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

Tracey smith gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward c3

I had a knee replacement done on17th may .from the get go the staff were fab ward c3 especially cannot thank them enough. Even the poor porter who witnessed my excorsist experience haha from the nursing wicked physios(only kidding) to the cleaners and the kitchen staff I thank you all for all your had work

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Martyn Dixon gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ankle fusion

I was admitted on the 24th of April for an ankle fusion . All the staff couldn't have been more professional, helpful & caring , from the all the nursing staff day/night , anaesthetists & of course my surgeon . Couldn't have asked for better treatment all round .Would highly recommended this hospital and all its staff, not forgetting the catering side as well . Thank you

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

hip replacement on 6/4/17

My mum was admitted for a hip replacement which went well. The consultant was good as were the post op team. After the first night she was admitted to ward C3 and then it went downhill. My mum was not given access to her own prescribed medication which she can self medicate at home with but the ward sister advised she only would get these back when she went home. My mum was in pain and asked for pain meds but after 2 hours nothing had been done so when my I arrived I had to go ask and within 5 minutes she was given something. On cleanliness for washing herself and observing with other patients we were advised there were no staff spare to help with showering or washing. I observed other patients relatives having to go with their relatives if they needed a shower, etc. My mum prides herself on cleanliness and did not feel clean when she went home. She also felt it was rushed on her discharge only 2 days after her op to be going home and will be checking with her GP on the meds prescribed to her to make sure they do not clash with her current medication as I don't feel these were checked through thoroughly with her medical records. It all felt rushed and that a quick turnaround seems more of a priority than ensuring she was okay to go home. Please can this be fed back as my mum is a retired Leeds NHS Trust staff nurse and did not totally feel comfortable in how she was treated on certain occasions and did not expect this from the Trust she used to work for.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Terry W gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS at its best

Been under the care of the Dermatology team since before Christmas last year and had the removal of a BCC yesterday. I have experience of similiar procedures in a private Hospital and from the NHS here at Chapel Allerton. I have to say that they compare very favourbly. I was seen within 24 hours of my GP's referral and the intervening consultations and eventual surgery from the surgeon and their team have been as pleasant and professional as these things can possibly be. Stiches out next week, fingers crossed!!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

LowreyP gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology department team are excellent

I have been attending Chapel Allerton Rheumatology department for a year now. My case has been particularly challenging for the team as I have had an allergic reaction to the drugs tried so far. Today I was feeling very low and apprehensive but was soon reassured by the doctors. I write to praise every one of the Rheumatology team The Nurses The Doctor's and our wonderful Consultant who really knows their stuff and I am convvinced they will eventually sort me out.
The care and support we patients receive at Chapel Allerton Must be the best in the country and I feel so lucky to be cared for by you all.
I should add this includes Dermatology who have sorted out my allergic drug reactions.
THANK YOU ALL OF YOU.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 05 April 2017

Dear LowreyP
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you have received such excellent care whilst attending Chapel Allerton Hospital.
I am delighted to know that our services are delivering a level of care that met your needs and fulfilled all your expectations.
With kindest regards
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Lynn Hargrave gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MOHS surgery

I was referred as I had skin cancer on my nose. The doctor explained the process of the MOHS surgery that they were going to do and although I was petrified as to what I was going to look like when it was finished I trusted the doctor straight away. Well 4 weeks later I am thrilled with the outcome and cannot express in words how grateful I am to this wonderful doctor and their team. I would like to also like to say a big thank you to the doctor's assistant who put me at my ease on every visit giving me reassurance that all would be ok in the long run. Well done everyone and a big thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Samantha L reviewed Chapel Allerton Hospital

In early January 2017 I was admitted onto ward C3 for Surgery under the care of

In early January 2017 I was admitted onto ward C3 for Surgery under the care of the orthopaedic consultant.
Since birth I have had many procedures/ operations due to a long term disability but this particular surgery was going to hopefully be my last one because I had elected to have a below knee amputation.
On the morning of surgery as you can imagine I was very anxious and the staff were amazing with me, they couldn't do enough, so caring & compassionate especially the nurse in charge.

Following surgery I had to stay on the post operative unit over night, the nurses who looked after me ensured I wasn't in too much discomfort, thank you.

Before the consultant ended their shift they popped into my room to see me, explained the amputation had all gone to plan, asked how I was and how I was feeling about it. I didn't expect a visit from them after their busy surgery list, I was overwhelmed!

Not only was the consultant a superb surgeon but a credit to the NHS, such a genuine person who takes pride in their work and cares for their patients.
I can't thank the consultant enough for their efforts over the years of trying to repair and save my ankle also listening to how much pain I was in and how much my ankle affected my life then allowing me to be able to make the choice of amputation.
they have done for me!

On Saturday I went across to the ward from POU and the staff there were also fantastic!
I had some problems with pain over the weekend during the day they wouldn't increase the dosage of my medication but my nurse apologised to myself and my family, explained the situation and at handover on the shift change asked the doctor coming on to review my analgesia.

A wonderful doctor came on shift, came over to me, apologised for the medication issue and explained to me what they were going to increase and why, the doctor treated me with the upmost respect.

Not only did the doctor take the time out to talk to me and give an explanation but had read my medical notes and said "Samantha can I just say how brave you have been to make this decision! ".
I felt in awe of them!

Whilst being a patient on the ward apart from the medication issue I have nothing but positive words to say, I received such outstanding care, the doctors, the anaesthetists, the nurses, the Physio's, the health care assistants, the occupational therapists - Thank you. Throughout my care I felt the staff made me feel in control of my choices
I'd like to personally thank the doctors, nurses, HCA and Physio team.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Judith bailey gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mohs procedure for BCC day surgery

I was referred to the dermatology department at chapel allerton from the faciomaxillary team at York at the end of 2016. My appointment to see a consultant to discuss treatment came promptly. At my appointment I was given a full and detailed explanation of my particular clinical problem and, having had the available appropriate treatments explained, I felt my opinions on the options were fully listened to, when deciding on a course of treatment.I was very fortunate to be offered a cancellation appointment for treatment at a days notice which I gladly took. My procedure was delt with extremely efficiently and with a kind and caring manor from all the staff involved, I was kept fully informed throughout the procedure.I have subsequently had my follow up appointment, and again, I have been immensely impressed by the minor/day case dermatology department.thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 17 January 2017

Dear Judith
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience from our Dermatology service.
I have passed your kind words on to the Business Manager for Dermatology who I know will be delighted to know that they are delivering a level of service that met your needs and fulfilled your expectations.
With kindest regards