Can you help us improve NHS Choices?

Take part in our survey to share your views

Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

stillo gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

After falling down the stairs at Chrismas and suffering from some injuries to my arms and shoulders i have had multiple appointments at chappel allerton and i am extremely satisfied with the way i have been treated.

I have just cancelled an appointment at Dewsbury rhumatology deaprtment so that i can come here instead as i feel more comfortable here all the staff are nice and friendly and you are not kept waiting too lon

highly recommended

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 09 August 2015

Otley gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Warm and friendly staff

The Dermatology team are very pleasant, and the Receptionists were most helpful and patient with me today (20/08/15) the Doctor I saw gave me a warm smile and told me their name. I felt at ease as they explained fully, my new treatment for my skin complaint.
At no time did I feel rushed, and all my questions were answered in full.
I have attended Dermatology before the move to Chapel Allerton and have always found the Doctors, pleasant, helpful, thorough and always prepared to find an answer to my skin problems

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 20 August 2015

Mrs CB reviewed Chapel Allerton Hospital

Small efforts could've been made

I took my 8-year old daughter for a blood test at Chapel Allerton Hospital and felt that the service could have been better.
It was excellent that we didn't have to wait, although the other patient in the waiting room prioritised my daughter rather than the staff realising that she should be seen first (as per the policy on the waiting room wall! ).
However, it was disappointing that the staff did nothing to set my obviously nervous daughter at rest. There were no introductions, no pleasantries, or explanation of what was going to happen. Not even a smile and barely a word spoken.
I appreciate that the staff are very busy (although there was no queue so a little extra time could have been taken) and that blood taking is always something of a production line, but some small efforts could have been made to reduce my daughter's anxiety.
The blood taking itself was very quick and professional and not to be faulted.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 13 July 2015 using Patient Opinion

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 14 July 2015

Dear Mrs CB
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding yours and your daughter’s attendance at Chapel Allerton hospital, I was very sorry to read that your daughter did not receive the level of care that we would expect from our staff and for that I would like to apologise.
I have passed your comments on to the matron for Chapel Allerton so that the matters you have raised can be addressed.
Again thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.
Senior nurse

female aged 55 reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Good experience

My first stay in a hospital i had a full knee replacement and from arriving on the Thursday morning was looket after with the utmost care the hospital is clean and in good repair and as a friendly caring feel wherever you are. Thank your for a memorable say for all the right reasons.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 June 2015

Dear Female aged 55,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
It was very uplifting reading your words of support and gratitude; I have passed your kind words onto the relevant management for Chapel Allerton and I have asked that they share your post with the relevant staff members as they will be extremely pleased with the feedback you have given.

c.roy gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

C.Roy.my stay on ward C1 rehab was very pleasant

My stay on rehab ward C1 was a very pleasant expereance,all the staff were both dignified and very respectable also very down to earth doctors,nurses, physios most of the staff in the green overalls with the exception of 2! The people that gave your meals out always making us frothy coffee and the other members of staff we had such a laugh they uplifted my spirits if ever i felt a bit low which wasn't very often! I can't thank the staff enough for the way i was looked after it was my 1st stay in hospital since i had my last child 23 yr ago how things have changed, for the better even the patients were very happy as happy as you can be when you have to come into hospital this is indeed a lovely ward i had such a good rapor with everybody except the 2 green overalls staff one did work hard but their bedside manner and the way they treated some patients is somewhat to be desired. There's the other one they seemed to pretend to work leaving the harder work for others which is totally unfair of them too, leaving the harder work for the other staff to do!! I have told every body i know what a lovely memorable stay i had for the 4 or so weeks i were there thankyou ..

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 29 June 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 01 July 2015

Dear C.Roy,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital, I am very pleased to read that you had such a pleasant experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your kind words onto the Matron for Chapel Allerton and have asked that they be shared with staff so that they are aware of the impact they have had your on stay.
I hope that you are recovering well.
Senior nurse

Patient Opinion Logo

Grimsby patient gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Skin Patch Testing.

I originally was contacted by the bookings department. The secretary was courteous, considerate and helpful in arranging my appointments this week at Chapel Allerton Hospital. The staff and nurses in the patch testing department were very kind and caring during all of my three visits and extremely patient when explaining to me any questions I asked.

Well done and thank you so much for all the caring attention you showed to me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 01 July 2015

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us, it is wonderful to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
One of our key objectives is to be patient centered and I am very pleased to read that this is being portrayed in every aspect of patients care; I have passed your kind words onto the Matron for Chapel Allerton and I have asked that she share them with all her staff members’ so that they too can know of the great work that they are doing.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Second time staying and very satisfied

This is my second time in ward C2 and the staff were again on the ball. Everything I said before stands true. Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 29 May 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 24 June 2015

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care, we aim to provide excellent care to all our patients.
I have passed your kind words onto the matron for ward 2 at Chapel Allerton and have asked that they be shared with staff so that they too know of the great work that they are doing.

steve reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

finally happened

after nearly 3 yrs of been sent to wrong departments by various GPs and health clinics I finally got to orthopaedics and all appeared to moving at last however the operation on my ankle which was promised before the end of January 2015 became April 10th then on the day before they tried to cancel the operation ( it was now 3 yrs since going to GP) after protesting I was fitted back into the operations schedule on the date I had been told by letter previously .
The irony of it all was I knew from 2012 I needed to go to a orthopaedic clinic and was sent to rheumatology by my GP brought this up at clinic on my first visit nobody listened then 6 months later after numerous days off work and X-rays etc I was told we are signing you off you need to see a orthopedist consultant .
Back to Gp then health centre then eventually in 2014 back to chapel allerton .
Had my ankle fused on April 10th 2015 no complaints about the operation or the aftercare and went home the following afternoon all was good.
The problem seems to be actually getting to the operating theatre because of the huge amounts of mistakes made by 3 other parts of the health system and some at chapel allerton .
And now all is going well ,,,at last

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 28 July 2015

Dear Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us, I was very sorry to read of the problems you have encountered, especially over such a long period of time, I am very happy to read that you are now receiving the care and treatment that you require.
If you encountered any more problems please do not hesitate to contact the trust’s Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to investigate any issues that arise.
You can contact PALS on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively you can email patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net
Once again let me thank you taking the time to post your views.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

Never have I been in such a friendly and caring ward as C2. All the staff go out of their way to help you in any way they possibly can, and always have a smile on their face. All NHS staff should be shown this ward and how they treat patients with outstanding care! Staff on this ward really should know how fantastic they are!

The only negative I could say is that there are certain catering staff that are incredibly rude, and almost refuse to speak to you.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic care!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Appointment

I saw my GP on Tues evening about an ongoing skin complaint - they felt it needed to be seen by a consultant dermatologist. The GP rang the on- call dermatologist, who gave them some medication to prescribe me. The on-call registrar said they would contact the dermatology department to arrange an appointment.
The dermatology outpatients has just rang me to arrange an appointment - as the on-call dermatologist had sent a letter down to get an appointment for me.
So the end result is I have an appointment on Monday morning.
An excellent service between my GP, on-call registrar, and dermatology department.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 29 April 2015

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to post your views.
I am happy to read that you had such a positive experience. I have passed your post onto Chapel Allerton’s dermatology department who will be very pleased with your feedback.