Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in outpatients and X-Ray

The overall feeling of a hospital of commited, pleasant staff, who work as a team. On registering in at the general out patients desk, the staff was most pleasant and helpful, a good start to my visit.
In X-Ray they ekplained all that was hapening, and took time and care due to my back oroblems and did not rush me ir nake me feel a nuisance.
Sister on Orthopaedic outpatients greeted me with a warm smile, and undertook my care with greatvexplanations and I left feeling that I was a person and nit just a name.
Dermatology was most pkeasant and helpful and the Dr treating me for Discoid Lupus is always most kind, understanding and helpful. I have niot, after attending Chapel Allerton Hospital for the past 5 years evervhad reason ti complain. My sincere thanks to all the staff involved

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 05 February 2015

Tom gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attended for minor surgery in dermatology - great service

Attended for the excision of a large mole.

Despite needing 9 stitches to put me back together, I felt nothing.

Service by both the doctor and the nurse was fantastic.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Bernard Brockhouse gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology department ecellent in every respect

Treated as an outpatient for diagnosis and subsequent removal of a Basal Cell Carcinoma / Rodent Ulcer from my fore head . During the minor operation lasting 35mins. i felt completely at ease, never felt any pain or discomfort including 10 stitches.
Now 10 days later you can hardly see the excision.
Many thanks to the consultant and the nurse in attendance, they were very informative and caring throughout the whole process.
I am a NHS supporter.
Bernard.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 28 February 2015

Anonymous gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

No Introdution

I would like to register a concern.

A short while ago I attended this very clean hospital for a minor procedure in the radiology department. The consultant radiologist came into the room introduced themselves but did not introduce me to the other male who I assume was a radiologist in training. This mystery person did not speak a word and had not introduced themselves to me. I found this to be very unnerving and rude. I think that all Drs and consultants who have junior Dr,s in training should introduce them by name, and the junior Dr should introduce themselves. This was not a comfortable experience. I felt like a subject rather than a patient having procedure by a consultent . The person never spoke a word to me from start to finish, but was being spoken to by the consult radiologist.

This experience should never happen. Would management please insure that medical students, or junior Drs are formally introduced to patients from now on.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 February 2015

Jason H gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bi- lateral hernia op and aftercare

Having an op at Chapel Allerton was to be my first. I was extremely nervous but the staff were brilliant. I was a day case and arrived at 6:45 and was spoken to by a staff nurse, he came across as patient, understanding and extremely dedicated to his profession. I spoke with a number of NHS staff before my op and they were all fantastic, the system may be broken but without these people dedication the NHS would not be anything like as good as it is.

The nurses kept me updated on when I should be getting the op and what to expect. The op went great and afterwards the nurses were brilliant looking after me. These people deserve better treatment than they are getting and a lot more thanks than they currently receive. I cannot speak highly enough of the doctors and nurses who dealt with me. A big special thanks to staff, they all deserve credit

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 January 2015

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Linden Smithson gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit to rheumatology dept with mother in law

We visited this dept today to be told that there was an error made by my mother in law's GP. Putting that on one side (no fault of hospital) the staff, rallied round and arranged for her to be seen by a doctor. She agreed to admit her but as part of the condition she needed to have her wedding ring cut off and this involved sending her to LGI. If they had used an ambulance it could have taken up to 4 hours, a long time for an 86 year old in severe pain. Again they came to her rescue and arranged for her to go in a car accompanied by a care assistant which hopefully will substantially reduce the time.

Thank you for such refreshing care and assistance by all the staff concerned.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 21 January 2015

jamie gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

cancelled appointment

Having already waited around 9 weeks since my x-ray I have just had my late February appointment cancelled because the Doctor is on leave (quite why I was given the appointment in the first place is therefore a mystery).
I have also been re-allocated an appointment some 6 weeks later without any contact or consultation; I am now going to have to take time off work to attend because the only alternative I was given on the phone was "you can cancel the appointment and phone up to re-book"...
By the time I actually see a Doctor I will have been waiting (in pain on a daily basis) for 3 months for an actual diagnosis.
Very poor

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 January 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Having never been ill until April this year I have spent quite a lot of time in

Having never been ill until April this year I have spent quite a lot of time in all the Leeds hospitals since.
All the hospitalls are doing there best under a system that at times is chaos, this is not the fault of the Doctors, nurses and staff.
At Chapel Allerton they do have faults but try to overcome them and all the staff treat you with dignity and patience and show that they seem to care. I actually think that sometimes patients could do woth looking at there attitude, staff are not slaves running round at there beck and call for every trivial thing.

I hope I only ever have to attend this hospital, it is the best

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 23 December 2014

Bill Biggins gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Knee Replacement

I have just returned home following a knee replacement. The whole experience for me was very good. Staff morale there must be excellent because the staff all seemed to have smiles to spare day and night. The care I received was excellent, the communication excellent and the responses to queries and requests were also excellent. I will recommend Chapel Allerton to any of my friends or family that need the treatments provided.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 16 October 2014

Dear Bill Biggins

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I was delighted to learn you had such a good experience of care while at Chapel Allerton Hospital and I will pass on your feedback to the staff concerned.

With kind regards

Rosie
Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Claire D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Cancelled my important test because the doctor caled in sick

I had an important test booked in Rheumatology today to find out what exactly is causing my pains I've had for 3-4months. I not only waited for a month after seeing the Rheumotologist Doctor to even get the appointment date through the post, but now on the day of the test thats I've been waiting anxiously for! I get a voicemail from a nurse saying its cancelled as the doctor has called in sick this morning! And now they will reallocate me another date which I will have to wait to come in a letter through the post!

This is disgraceful! How come you have no other doctor trained to do this test? How come I have to wait so long? How come you cant give me a date over the phone?!

Honestly what do I pay tax and national insurance for? So far I have had no answers about my pains.. I continue to work whilst in pain! And have to pay for all my medications that only take the edge off my pains!

Ridiculous! You need to have better organisational skills and customer service!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 16 October 2014

Dear Claire D

I am sorry that you are having these problems with your appointment. I have made the Matron for Outpatients aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss the issues in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

With kind regards