Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

LowreyP gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology department team are excellent

I have been attending Chapel Allerton Rheumatology department for a year now. My case has been particularly challenging for the team as I have had an allergic reaction to the drugs tried so far. Today I was feeling very low and apprehensive but was soon reassured by the doctors. I write to praise every one of the Rheumatology team The Nurses The Doctor's and our wonderful Consultant who really knows their stuff and I am convvinced they will eventually sort me out.
The care and support we patients receive at Chapel Allerton Must be the best in the country and I feel so lucky to be cared for by you all.
I should add this includes Dermatology who have sorted out my allergic drug reactions.
THANK YOU ALL OF YOU.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Lynn Hargrave gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MOHS surgery

I was referred as I had skin cancer on my nose. The doctor explained the process of the MOHS surgery that they were going to do and although I was petrified as to what I was going to look like when it was finished I trusted the doctor straight away. Well 4 weeks later I am thrilled with the outcome and cannot express in words how grateful I am to this wonderful doctor and their team. I would like to also like to say a big thank you to the doctor's assistant who put me at my ease on every visit giving me reassurance that all would be ok in the long run. Well done everyone and a big thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Samantha L reviewed Chapel Allerton Hospital

In early January 2017 I was admitted onto ward C3 for Surgery under the care of

In early January 2017 I was admitted onto ward C3 for Surgery under the care of the orthopaedic consultant.
Since birth I have had many procedures/ operations due to a long term disability but this particular surgery was going to hopefully be my last one because I had elected to have a below knee amputation.
On the morning of surgery as you can imagine I was very anxious and the staff were amazing with me, they couldn't do enough, so caring & compassionate especially the nurse in charge.

Following surgery I had to stay on the post operative unit over night, the nurses who looked after me ensured I wasn't in too much discomfort, thank you.

Before the consultant ended their shift they popped into my room to see me, explained the amputation had all gone to plan, asked how I was and how I was feeling about it. I didn't expect a visit from them after their busy surgery list, I was overwhelmed!

Not only was the consultant a superb surgeon but a credit to the NHS, such a genuine person who takes pride in their work and cares for their patients.
I can't thank the consultant enough for their efforts over the years of trying to repair and save my ankle also listening to how much pain I was in and how much my ankle affected my life then allowing me to be able to make the choice of amputation.
they have done for me!

On Saturday I went across to the ward from POU and the staff there were also fantastic!
I had some problems with pain over the weekend during the day they wouldn't increase the dosage of my medication but my nurse apologised to myself and my family, explained the situation and at handover on the shift change asked the doctor coming on to review my analgesia.

A wonderful doctor came on shift, came over to me, apologised for the medication issue and explained to me what they were going to increase and why, the doctor treated me with the upmost respect.

Not only did the doctor take the time out to talk to me and give an explanation but had read my medical notes and said "Samantha can I just say how brave you have been to make this decision! ".
I felt in awe of them!

Whilst being a patient on the ward apart from the medication issue I have nothing but positive words to say, I received such outstanding care, the doctors, the anaesthetists, the nurses, the Physio's, the health care assistants, the occupational therapists - Thank you. Throughout my care I felt the staff made me feel in control of my choices
I'd like to personally thank the doctors, nurses, HCA and Physio team.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Judith bailey gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mohs procedure for BCC day surgery

I was referred to the dermatology department at chapel allerton from the faciomaxillary team at York at the end of 2016. My appointment to see a consultant to discuss treatment came promptly. At my appointment I was given a full and detailed explanation of my particular clinical problem and, having had the available appropriate treatments explained, I felt my opinions on the options were fully listened to, when deciding on a course of treatment.I was very fortunate to be offered a cancellation appointment for treatment at a days notice which I gladly took. My procedure was delt with extremely efficiently and with a kind and caring manor from all the staff involved, I was kept fully informed throughout the procedure.I have subsequently had my follow up appointment, and again, I have been immensely impressed by the minor/day case dermatology department.thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 17 January 2017

Dear Judith
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience from our Dermatology service.
I have passed your kind words on to the Business Manager for Dermatology who I know will be delighted to know that they are delivering a level of service that met your needs and fulfilled your expectations.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Painful experience at X-ray department

Came to the X-ray department in January for an MRI. Clearly the staff were going off duty. They never introduced themselves or asked me my name. When I asked if the injection would make my shoulder pain worse they said "oh it'll probably make it feel better" (i had to have dye injected into my shoulder) they never asked if I had a condition that would make it difficult for me to lie on my front (I do) then they injected me without giving me any warning! When I shouted out, clearly in pain the person giving me he injection asked if it hurt!!!!! The injection was going into the bone, of course it hurt! I felt that I was an inconvenience to the staff who clearly just wanted to get off shift. Look I know I needed the MRI to help with a diagnosis and in the end it was for my benefit but I feel the staff were very dismissive towards me. They hurt me (physically) and did not in any way try to allay my fears. They were abrupt and uncaring. It has put me off going to further appointments at this hospital. The whole experience has left me feeling traumatised as well as an increased pain in my shoulder. So much for it feeling better! Not happy chapel Allerton, not happy st all!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 15 January 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 17 January 2017

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I am very sorry to read that you had such a distressing time whilst in our care; the level of service that you have described is not what we wish to offer.
I have passed your comments onto the Manager for Radiology at Chapel Allerton hospital for information regarding the issues that you have raised.
It would be very beneficial for our services and for future patients if you could discuss the matters you have raised further with our Trust’s Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS). This would also allow us look into the matters you have raised more thoroughly.
Please call our Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively email patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net
Rosie
Senior Nurse
Patient Experience

William smith gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement

I would just like this opportunity to say a great big thank you to everyone who contributed to my care during my recent stay. Thank you to my surgeon anethitists, nursing staff physios,porter, catering and cleaning staffs. Everyone was so kind and the care was outstanding ,may I also praise the choice and quality of food as excellent. Definitely a 5 star hospital.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 18 December 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 21 December 2016

Dear William
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us with your wonderful comments
I have taken the liberty of sharing your words of support and encouragement with the Trauma and Orthopedic Team at Chapel Alleton Hospital who will be delighted to know they delivered the care that met all your expectations.
Once again please accept my sincerest thanks for your kind words.
With kind regards

stanley gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

total hip replacement

From the first time I entered Chapel Allerton hospital, I was impressed by the competence, care and clinical expertise experienced, not just in assessment of my condition by the first doctor seen - whose name I regret I can't remember but by the empathy shown at all times throughout my subsequent stay. The anaesthesiologist, who, I must say, has a gift of good humour unsurpassed and the surgeon and team were most friendly and set my mind at ease; gremlins receded. After the op., care was excellent and I returned home very shortly, Weeks later, I indulged in looking at experiences posted online, of other THR cases and realised how fortunate I have been in having such a superb hospital and outstanding surgical treatment. Of course, there was some pain, post-op. but not unexpected. Now, I don't need Paracetamol or other analgesics and can actually run! (for a couple of hundred metres) but don't push it foolishly. Am getting used to food at home again, also.
So, my grateful thanks to everyone involved, I could not recommend you more highly.
Best wishes, Stan Bell.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 10 March 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 16 March 2017

Dear Stanley
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
Unfortunately you haven’t stated what department you were in, It would have been lovely to give such positive feedback to the specific staff members that where involved in your care, However I know that all the staff members would be delighted to know that they are delivering a level of care that met your needs and fulfilled your expectations.
Once again thank you so much for your support.

Valerie gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional service

I visit this hospital quite often as I go round Rheumatology and Orthopaedics, have had numerous x rays, ultrasound and MRI's, and have found all staff to be most obliging at all times. Have also been in Physio. I find all departments well organised and staff very friendly. and the Consultants very respectfull. I like this hospital enormously.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 18 February 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 10 March 2017

Dear Valerie
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you have had such positive experiences whilst using our services at Chapel Allerton Hospital.
I have passed your kind words on to the manager for Chapel Allerton who I know will be delighted with your possitve and supportive feedback.

John Dowgill gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cuff Shoulder Repair

A big thank you to all the staff at Chapel Allerton Hospital especially Ward C3 for the wonderful treatment, before and after my operation, nothing was too much trouble. x

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Joanna gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Impressive Outpatient clinic for Orthopaedics.

Actually got in my appointment 40minutes earlier than due. Really nice Surgeon who explained everything and gave me a choice of treatment and booked in the very next week. Wow! Then sent to pre-assessment and was a very slick production line with pleasant staff who again explained all. I am impressed and reassured to go in next week for my surgery.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Shannon Dunford, PALS Officer, Patient Experience, PALS, Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for providing this positive feedback about the experience you have had whilst using our services. We have passed your comments onto the relevant area who I am sure will be very happy to receive them.