Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Grimsby patient gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Skin Patch Testing.

I originally was contacted by the bookings department. The secretary was courteous, considerate and helpful in arranging my appointments this week at Chapel Allerton Hospital. The staff and nurses in the patch testing department were very kind and caring during all of my three visits and extremely patient when explaining to me any questions I asked.

Well done and thank you so much for all the caring attention you showed to me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

steve reviewed Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital

finally happened

after nearly 3 yrs of been sent to wrong departments by various GPs and health clinics I finally got to orthopaedics and all appeared to moving at last however the operation on my ankle which was promised before the end of January 2015 became April 10th then on the day before they tried to cancel the operation ( it was now 3 yrs since going to GP) after protesting I was fitted back into the operations schedule on the date I had been told by letter previously .
The irony of it all was I knew from 2012 I needed to go to a orthopaedic clinic and was sent to rheumatology by my GP brought this up at clinic on my first visit nobody listened then 6 months later after numerous days off work and X-rays etc I was told we are signing you off you need to see a orthopedist consultant .
Back to Gp then health centre then eventually in 2014 back to chapel allerton .
Had my ankle fused on April 10th 2015 no complaints about the operation or the aftercare and went home the following afternoon all was good.
The problem seems to be actually getting to the operating theatre because of the huge amounts of mistakes made by 3 other parts of the health system and some at chapel allerton .
And now all is going well ,,,at last

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 07 May 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic!

Never have I been in such a friendly and caring ward as C2. All the staff go out of their way to help you in any way they possibly can, and always have a smile on their face. All NHS staff should be shown this ward and how they treat patients with outstanding care! Staff on this ward really should know how fantastic they are!

The only negative I could say is that there are certain catering staff that are incredibly rude, and almost refuse to speak to you.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic care!

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Appointment

I saw my GP on Tues evening about an ongoing skin complaint - they felt it needed to be seen by a consultant dermatologist. The GP rang the on- call dermatologist, who gave them some medication to prescribe me. The on-call registrar said they would contact the dermatology department to arrange an appointment.
The dermatology outpatients has just rang me to arrange an appointment - as the on-call dermatologist had sent a letter down to get an appointment for me.
So the end result is I have an appointment on Monday morning.
An excellent service between my GP, on-call registrar, and dermatology department.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in outpatients and X-Ray

The overall feeling of a hospital of commited, pleasant staff, who work as a team. On registering in at the general out patients desk, the staff was most pleasant and helpful, a good start to my visit.
In X-Ray they ekplained all that was hapening, and took time and care due to my back oroblems and did not rush me ir nake me feel a nuisance.
Sister on Orthopaedic outpatients greeted me with a warm smile, and undertook my care with greatvexplanations and I left feeling that I was a person and nit just a name.
Dermatology was most pkeasant and helpful and the Dr treating me for Discoid Lupus is always most kind, understanding and helpful. I have niot, after attending Chapel Allerton Hospital for the past 5 years evervhad reason ti complain. My sincere thanks to all the staff involved

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 05 February 2015

Andrea gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my second stay as an inpatient ward C3 for Hip Revision &TKR

I cannot praise this hospital enough.
My consultant has always been very professional and attentive. Taking time to explain everything, coming for a chat before theatre and then again in recovery. As well as regular visits once you are on the ward.
All the nursing staff are just what they should be, kind,respectful and very caring. All other members of staff who work on the ward again are faultless and very helpful.
The wards are spotless and have a nice atmosphere.
The food is of a very high standard. Despite having painful operations I thoroughly enjoyed my stays here.
I also attend as an outpatient in orthopaedics.
Again I cannot praise the department enough. They are friendly professional and so well organised.
This is the NHS at its finest if you didn't know better you'd think it was a private hospital.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

V Firth gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring staff who go above and beyond

The staff were helpful, explained everything carefully and kept a close eye on all of their patients in our ward. When I told them I was coeliac, they did their utmost to help with my dietary needs and one of the staff even went out and bought loaf of bread so that I could have some toast for breakfast. The waiting time was minimal on discharge. Not a bad word to say, well done to all staff there.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Tom gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attended for minor surgery in dermatology - great service

Attended for the excision of a large mole.

Despite needing 9 stitches to put me back together, I felt nothing.

Service by both the doctor and the nurse was fantastic.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 21 February 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 February 2015

Dear Tom thank you for taking the time to write to us, it is wonderful to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your kind words to our Dermatology department at Chapel Allerton Hospital who will be delighted to know that they delivered a level of care that met your needs and fulfilled your expectations.
With kind regards
Rosie
Senior Nurse
Patient Experience

Patient Opinion Logo

Bernard Brockhouse gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology department ecellent in every respect

Treated as an outpatient for diagnosis and subsequent removal of a Basal Cell Carcinoma / Rodent Ulcer from my fore head . During the minor operation lasting 35mins. i felt completely at ease, never felt any pain or discomfort including 10 stitches.
Now 10 days later you can hardly see the excision.
Many thanks to the consultant and the nurse in attendance, they were very informative and caring throughout the whole process.
I am a NHS supporter.
Bernard.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 28 February 2015

Jason H gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bi- lateral hernia op and aftercare

Having an op at Chapel Allerton was to be my first. I was extremely nervous but the staff were brilliant. I was a day case and arrived at 6:45 and was spoken to by a staff nurse, he came across as patient, understanding and extremely dedicated to his profession. I spoke with a number of NHS staff before my op and they were all fantastic, the system may be broken but without these people dedication the NHS would not be anything like as good as it is.

The nurses kept me updated on when I should be getting the op and what to expect. The op went great and afterwards the nurses were brilliant looking after me. These people deserve better treatment than they are getting and a lot more thanks than they currently receive. I cannot speak highly enough of the doctors and nurses who dealt with me. A big special thanks to staff, they all deserve credit

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 January 2015