Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Claire D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Cancelled my important test because the doctor caled in sick

I had an important test booked in Rheumatology today to find out what exactly is causing my pains I've had for 3-4months. I not only waited for a month after seeing the Rheumotologist Doctor to even get the appointment date through the post, but now on the day of the test thats I've been waiting anxiously for! I get a voicemail from a nurse saying its cancelled as the doctor has called in sick this morning! And now they will reallocate me another date which I will have to wait to come in a letter through the post!

This is disgraceful! How come you have no other doctor trained to do this test? How come I have to wait so long? How come you cant give me a date over the phone?!

Honestly what do I pay tax and national insurance for? So far I have had no answers about my pains.. I continue to work whilst in pain! And have to pay for all my medications that only take the edge off my pains!

Ridiculous! You need to have better organisational skills and customer service!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Dear Claire D

I am sorry that you are having these problems with your appointment. I have made the Matron for Outpatients aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss the issues in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

Bill Biggins gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Knee Replacement

I have just returned home following a knee replacement. The whole experience for me was very good. Staff morale there must be excellent because the staff all seemed to have smiles to spare day and night. The care I received was excellent, the communication excellent and the responses to queries and requests were also excellent. I will recommend Chapel Allerton to any of my friends or family that need the treatments provided.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Dear Bill Biggins

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I was delighted to learn you had such a good experience of care while at Chapel Allerton Hospital and I will pass on your feedback to the staff concerned.

Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Nuala Grimshaw gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement on 25 September 2014

I had a hip replacement operation on 25 September. 2014. From the moment I arrived at 7am I was treated like I was a very important person. The staff were so kind and reassuring as I was very nervous. Everything was explained very well to me and again the staff very supportive. After I came round the kindness I encountered was amazing, I could not have been treated better if I was a private patient. I was in the hospital for 4 days and during that time nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff on Ward C3. I thank everyone involved very much. I am hopefully now on the road to recovery and hope I don't have to attend again until my appointment in January.

Nuala Grimshaw (Mrs)

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Dear Mrs Grimshaw

Thank you for your comments regarding the Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I was delighted to read that you had such a good experience of care and I appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Nurses? Don't seem qualified to look after themselves!

I visited the hospital a few weeks ago. Before I attended my appointment the nurses took my bloods and blood pressure. It was extremely low and they did nothing but ask if I was ok? Then when I said 'no I feel dizzy' they said ok that's the low blood pressure, they then only told me to go sit in the waiting area and did nothing about it!

Then they proceeded to talk about there home life loudly so loud that I heard one nurse offer another nurse a cup of tea? To which the other nurse replied 'no I can't have tea I have stomach problems Gastritis) Then another nurse offered the same nurse a cake, to which they happily said yes and ate? I don't understand how a Nurse cannot understand their own health situation enough not to make the right decisions openly in-front of public, how they can look after the out patients?

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for posting your feedback. I am very sorry for the poor experience you encountered and I will ensure that the Matron responsible for Outpatients is made aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

danielle gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

is this a private hospital ?

this hospital could easily be mistaken for private

ive been attending 2 years now and the service ive received is outstanding the staff are like friends they genuinely care the Consultant and my nurse are amazing - i havent had the easiest journey and in fact still arent well manged medically but not because they arent trying they couldn't do enough for me the staff on C2 are fantastic ive never been on a ward where the staff are so fantastic the atmosphere is so friendly i truly believe the NHS should send all their students to this hospital to see how to do the job well as chapel allerton have got it perfectly right, meals fantastic its so clean and the doctors and nurses bedside manner is fantastic.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Dear Danielle

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience of Chapel Allerton Hospital. We were very pleased to read that you were so happy with the hospital and the care you received. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Julie Oxtoby reviewed Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Parking

The parking is absolutely shocking, got there 20 before my appointment time but was still late as there were no parking spaces...this needs to be addressed!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Dear Ms Oxtoby

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems parking at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the manager responsible for parking so that he can look into the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk we will help you to organise this appointment.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Scott

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking department

I have visited this department for a long time both at LGI and chapel allerton.
The service is disgusting.
I have sat and waited till 6.30 for an appt which was at 4pm. The nursing staff walked up and down with gloves on ?dirty ones and cups of tea.
One nurse which I have seen time and time again doesn't understand what patient care is and how to talk to a patient.
They announced my test results in the waiting room on more than one occasion.
I was due to have an appt in 4 months which turned into 8 months after a telephoned them day in day out.
I telephoned the department and asked for an appointment because of a side affect to a drug I was on. The receptionist said to me "how dare you ask for an appointment" "I don't know who you think you are"
This department needs to take a step back and look at patient care and the service.
Awful awful awful

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 02 October 2014

Shannon gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ultrasound department

Had a steroid injection a week ago, during an ultrasound on my hip. The two docs were brilliants on advice and the assistant was brilliant and caring. Cannot praise them enough for their support while having the injection.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Dear Shannon

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It was lovely to hear that you had such a positive experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff involved in your care.

Scott

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Massive thank you to the rheumatology dept

I have been attending the rheumatology dept at this hospital since the beginning of 2012 and have had nothing but good experiences. All of the staff are polite, helpful and friendly. I have had very successful treatment for my condition and cannot thank everyone enough at the hospital for giving me my life back.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the care you received in the Rheumatology Department at Chapel Allerton Hospital. We have passed on your comments to the staff concerned.
Thank you once again for taking the time to write these positive comments.

Exmouth gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent Orthopaedic Unit

I had an operation on my shoulderas a day patient on 1st July as a day patient upon my shoulder.
From entering the Unit I was warmly greeted & made to feel at ease. All aspects of my operatin were once again thoroghly explained and the Pre Op staff were pleasant cheerful and helpful. The Post Op care was tremendous and the staff were also cheerful and pleasant and you could see that they worked well together, yet retained a good proffesional standards, yet were so caring.
This is my second visit to this Unit and it has retained the same excellent attributes as last year, including a spotlessly clean Ward.
The Consultant, his Registrar and Anaesthetist were approachable and very caring too.
My sincere thanks to all the staff

Rhona Smith