Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from both dermatology and rheumatology.

I have been attending the above clinics for over 25 years. I have received nothing less than excellent care over this period. Granted, there has been the occasional administrative hiccup with booking appointments but these were easily resolved. I am most impressed with the flexibility of staff and their willingness to listen to my opinions and accommodate my requests. Not so long ago I had a reaction to the medication I was taking and I telephoned the Dermatology dept for advice. The head of the dept told me to come in and see them immediately - unbelievable service. Today I was due to start a new treatment but explained at the consultation that I would be away on holiday for a number of weeks and was anxious about starting something new. Despite the inconvenience, staff organised a new appointment for me after my break. Thanks to all the staff - you are wonderful. Alan

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

R Smith gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff in X-Ray Dept CAH

Greeted with warmth by reception member of staff. I was taken to change in a cubicle by a member of staff who was pleasant, helpful by tying the gown as my arm could not reach to do it and made sure that I was comfortable whilst waiting to be taken for the x-ray. The radiologist, greeted me warmly and put me at ease as they took the x-rays that I needed. They also explained the procedure fully, explaining why different positions were needed. The member of staff once again helped me to take my gown off and ensured that I was able to leave safely. A very good experience, my thanks to you all and to the Orthopaedic Surgeon for the time spent with me in the past three years

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 25 July 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 22 August 2016

Dear R Smith
Thank you for this lovely feedback, its great to read that you felt so welcomed and cared for by Radiology at Chapel Allerton. I will pass your kind words on to management in Radiology so that this can shared with the team.

Redhotpain reviewed Chapel Allerton Hospital

Appointments System

Last seen in rheumatology in Oct 15. Consultant's letter to GP said follow up in 6 months. My GP has requested faster follow up three times since Jan 16. Called a few times to ask when my appointment might be. The latest answer is "several months more due to backlog". I am considerably more unwell than in October and there seems to be little my sympathetic GP can do.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 04 July 2016 using Patient Opinion

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 06 July 2016

Dear Redhotpain,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience.
It is very saddening to read that you are in pain; unfortunately, you have not provided any demographic details to enable us to investigate your concerns at this point, therefore, I would ask that you contact the Trusts Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). You can contact PALS via email at patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net or alternatively via phone on 0113 206 6261.
With kind regardsRosieSenior Nurse Patient Experience

Sheffowlmojo reviewed Chapel Allerton Hospital

The staff demonstrated genuine compassion

I was referred out of area for a hip procedure. On arriving I felt welcomed and reassured. The environment was clean and bright. I was anxious about the procedure and having a general anesthetist. The staff made time to listen but demonstrated genuine compassion from the receptionist, domestic, nursing, therapy and medical team. This made a scary time feel as pleasant as it could.
Thanking people in person did not feel enough. So I wanted to share my experience with others and celebrate the good practice. As all to often we only focus on the negative. Well done to all involved in my care.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 11 July 2016 using Patient Opinion

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 16 August 2016

Dear Sheffowlmojo
Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your feedback, I was so glad to read about the positive experience you have had in our care. I will certainly pass your kind words on to management in that team for them to share them with staff.

Janiece gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Nice Nurses but clinics are too busy

I had UV treatment here and the nurses were wonderful. I truly appreciate the care they showed. After about 8 weeks of treatment i was referred to the clinic for a check up and my dermatologist ( who i initially saw privately) never showed up as they were busy on the ward I believe. Their registrar filled in but they did not listen at all to my concerns and just told me to continue using medication which i made clear did not work. The registrar made me do three blood tests and i chased for 5 weeks and still have no results to show for it all. I had to track down my dermatologist privately at a cost of £140 to me and all of this could of been avoided if I had seen them at the clinic in the first place. It feels very unfair that I had to pay to see them as the registrar has booked no follow up appointment. To make matters worse the dermatologist has now questioned the registar's advice and again i have to now pay for everything myself... to the tune of over £460 for a biopsy which the registrar could have prescribed. I am awaiting my biopsy results and it looks like I will now have to pay for another private appointment to obtain the results and get my prescription

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

M. Roberts gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder surgery

I have just had shoulder surgery (10/05/2016) I could not have asked for better care even if I had gon private. The care I received right from reception, to the surgery and then on the ward was excellent. The whole hospital is spotlessly clean, the nursing staff could not do enough for me. The food I was given was also good

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 24 May 2016

Dear M. Roberts,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your kind words to the Head of Nursing for Chapel Allerton. I have asked that she share your feedback with her teams who will be delighted to know that they are deliered a level of care that met your expectations.
With kind regards
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Kate gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology and foot clinic

I can not say how amazing the staff are at this hospital, I went from being in constant pain and the previous hospitals not helping, to a diagnosis and treatment plan from fabulous staff. The helpline staff are amazing and I attended the foot clinic with swelling and pain(my GP organised an xray for a week and a half's time!) and they ultrasounded my foot, asked one of the doctors from the other clinic in and received a steroid injection. Brilliant hospital, I cant thank them enough!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 26 May 2016

Dear Kate
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, it's great to hear that staff at Chapel Allerton have been able to help you with your treatment. I will pass this on to management there so that they can share it with staff.
Patient Experience Team

Anne gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

New hip

What a brilliant hospital. Nobody wants a stay in hospital but the care, dignity and support I received was outstanding in every department. I had a total hip replacement on the 18th of April and was home on the 20th. From the first consultation to the rehabilitation the service and care could not have been delivered any better.

I would like to thank all the staff concerned and I will recommend this hospital to friends and family.

Anne

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 April 2016

Dear Anne,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us; please accept my sincerest thanks for your kind words.
I am very happy to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care, I hope that you are recovering well.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your words of support and encouragement with Chapel Allerton Hospital who will be exceptionally pleased to know they delivered care that met your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us.
With kind regards

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I attended the Chapel Allerton Dermatology service today with my son who is a patient .

The standard of care he received was exemplary.

Our experience of the service was a well organised professional service that responds in a compassionate and patient centred manner. The Professor,the research nurse and the nurse specialist were truly amazing. As a team they have significantly improved my sons condition and maintained his self worth in what can be a depressing and challenging diagnosis .We are so grateful to this service , Thank you x

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

Shannon Dunford, Patient, Carer and Public Involvement Officer, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 09 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your comments onto the management team at Chapel Allerton Dermatology Department and have asked that he share them with his team.
Rosie Horsman

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Hospital

I visit this hospital regularly. The dermatology department and anyone I have seen whilst attending the hospital has always been friendly and professional. Sometimes waiting times could be shorter (as in every hospital I have been to!) but if I needed to attend hospital for other issues I would choose to come to this one. I feel welcome and looked after here.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 16 February 2016