Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I wouldn't go anywhere else

I have been attending the rheumatology clinic since I moved to Leeds 6 years ago. Having been diagnosed with Lupus and been treated in various hospitals across the UK, I was nervous to be visiting yet another one. However, I needn't have worried because from my very first appointment the team at Chapel Allerton have been simply brilliant.

I have never felt alone or scared in clinic - and they've given me some pretty big news at times. The team constantly surprise me with their dedication and care. I'm overwhelmed by the support they give me at every appointment and in between when I've got questions or need extra help.

I can't imagine going anywhere else!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 April 2014

Lindsey gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Osteoarthritis of my knee

I was a day patient for knee arthroscopy due to me having osteoarthritis. From the moment I arrived the nurses, physiotherapist, anesthetiser, surgeon and anyone else involved with my operation made me feel at ease, they answered any of my questions and spent time with me to help me feel at ease.

After my op I was woken by a lovely nurse in the recovery room and the anaesthetist and my surgeon came to see me and explain what I had had done.

Then I was moved to the room after recovery and was offered something to eat and drink, then another lovely nurse made sure I was comfortable and sorted out my medication.

I was so scared before I went in but I need a knee replacement later this year but I certainly won't be scared knowing how well I was treated.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 March 2014

jade north gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

amazing staff

I was in for an acl repair and was only meant to be a day visit, however i had to stay overnight. I just want to say a huge thank you to all the staff who were really great and couldn't do enough for me, everyone was truly amazing, iv never had an operation before and they made me feel completely at ease and had a laugh with me. As i didnt take an overnight bag i didnt have all the necessary things i would usually take for an overnight stay, however the nurses found me toothbrushes, toothpaste and other essentials. I would absolutely recomend this hospital to anyone. I am going back in 3 months for the same opp on my other knee and i couldnt be happier to be returning to this hospital, almost feels as though i should be paying! Again a huge thankyou to everyone there and i shall see you soon!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 07 March 2014

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care

Removal of basal cell carcinoma in Dec 2013 - staff very pleasant and helpful. Very pleased with the skill of the surgeon and his removal of my facial skin cancer.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 30 January 2014

Eyssa gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best hospital in Leeds

I can not find anything to complain...I always appreciate the kindness and care I do get from doctors and all nurses and other staff for the last eight years.

My many thanks to the team.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 15 December 2013

Belchamp gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI Scan A+, Getting results d-

Went in 18th Nov at 7.20 for an early MRI scan on injury to knee to foot, staff here were fantastic, looked after very well, even had a coffee made for me whilst i had to wait for Outpatients to open, i was told by physio at Jimmy's (Minor Injury's) I'd be seeing him the day after my MRI scan on the 19th with a consultant to go over the results of my scan, at 08.30 Outpatient reception was opened, i duly handed the lad my MRI scan details, he promptly told me no appointment had be made for me and i should await a phone call, having waited nearly 2 weeks, i had to call my doctor to extend my sick note, only to be told i had missed my appointment on the 19th, and therefore my details were removed from the system and no further appointment was going to be offered. having spent an hour on the phone today trying to contact the right person, Ive finally convinced someone it was not my fault, and now have to wait 2 weeks to see a consultant, that'll be a month after the incompetent receptionist told me i had no appointment

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 29 November 2013

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Xray department

Visited yesterday for a cortisone injection in my foot, which is quite nerve racking in itself. Found all staff I came into contact with very helpful and polite. Thank you to the radiology Dr and her assistant for their kindness and support throughout the procedure. Happy to return here when my next injection is due - thank you

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 22 November 2013

Mrs A. gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

a little unfriendly.

I agree with some previous comments regarding attitudes. Whilst attending this hospital, I was left feeling invisible. No one said hello, no one smiled, staff just did not appear all that friendly at all. Noticed a few people wondering around on lonely corridors lost, seemly no one to ask directions from when lost in the building sometimes. Please can staff be more friendly to us patients. It is bad enough attending hospitals without being made to feel invisible.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 15 November 2013

Diane reviewed Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Rheumatology Out Patients

Chapel Allerton is a lovely clean hospital caring staff all I wants is a follow up appointment should have been seen in May now October I know its a very busy clinic but all I get told is I am on the waiting list they urgently need more consultants and doctors in that department meanwhile I am left in agony

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 11 October 2013

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

KNEE REPLACEMENT

procedure carried out late friday.should have been afternoon but held up,came round in recovery ward 6.45 pm.staff were good,moved to small ward saturday.saw consultant monday am.told to go home lunchtime monday.in my opinion far too early.

Visited in November 2011. Posted on 06 August 2013