Chapel Allerton Hospital

Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Exmouth gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent Orthopaedic Unit

I had an operation on my shoulderas a day patient on 1st July as a day patient upon my shoulder.
From entering the Unit I was warmly greeted & made to feel at ease. All aspects of my operatin were once again thoroghly explained and the Pre Op staff were pleasant cheerful and helpful. The Post Op care was tremendous and the staff were also cheerful and pleasant and you could see that they worked well together, yet retained a good proffesional standards, yet were so caring.
This is my second visit to this Unit and it has retained the same excellent attributes as last year, including a spotlessly clean Ward.
The Consultant, his Registrar and Anaesthetist were approachable and very caring too.
My sincere thanks to all the staff

Rhona Smith

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 July 2014

Heather Oates gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely outpatients departments

As someone who hates hospitals i can honestly say Chapel Allerton was a refreshing change. Some Leeds hospitals have a very gloomy feel this hospital is very cheery. I have never been an in patient but the out patients Rheumatology and skin departments were very clean and happy. The staff are very polite and helpful. Even the small cafe at the front of the clinics does not feel like a hospital. The rooms are light not dark and the place feels more modern than some Victorian Leeds hospitals. Also and most important of all my care has been second to non and my auto immune illness treated very well. I have felt in control of my treatment. The scans are also quickly done no long waiting times. I would and have recommended this hospital to friends and family.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 23 June 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 21 July 2014

Dear Heather Oates

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience of the Outpatient Departments at Chapel Allerton Hospital. We were very pleased to read that you were so happy with the hospital environment and the care you received. We have forwarded your comments to the staff in the Rheumatology and Dermatology Outpatient Departments.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology dept is excellent

I attend rheumatology regularly and always found the majority of the staff friendly, caring and companionate.
However, the reception staff on the whole are badly in need of retraining.. Unhelpful, rude, uncaring. There are some admin staff who are lovely but only one or two.
The appointment system badly needs an overhaul as well. When a patient needs seeing in 4 weeks, 8 weeks is unacceptable. And don't even talk about a 4 month appointment!! I had to wait nearly a year for a follow up!

Back to the good points though. A special mention to my consultant, yes I have had to see other drs but she was around when needed. Also saw me with no notes when admin staff 'Lost' my appointment after 6 cancellations on their side.
Another shout out to the nursing assistant who is the most cheerful, comforting person there. She needs a medal.

Physio and podiatry also are excellent and the hydrotherapy pool is clean and the staff are amazing.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 06 June 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 18 June 2014

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear that your experience of the Rheumatology Department at Chapel Allerton Hospital has not always been positive and we will pass your comments on to the department. If you would like to discuss the issues in person and confidentially please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.

Patiant gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely disappointing when you turn to Dr for help.

I agree with the previous comment. First off didn't get to see the consultant who was named on any referral letters. Dr i did see then goes out to ask the boss for advice ? The Boss being a consultant rheumatologist. Surly we want to see a consultant rheumatologist not feel we are getting second best ?. They gave no diagnosis and no idea what is wrong, very disappointing.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 29 May 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 18 June 2014

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. A member of the clinical team would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you on an individual basis. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Overworked & underfunded

From my appointment I can only conclude that it's likely that the whole NHS will fall apart over the next few years.

The 'consultant' I saw seemed far more interested in giving me reasons why I wasn't 'as bad' as many of the other patients she sees than actually diagnosing the reason I have had joint pain for six months. Absolutely no help at all. Worse actually, just confused me and depressed me further.

Even the nurse who did my blood test agreed that unless you are critically bad they are not interested in treating you. She agreed that it shouldn't be like that but is because of funding issues.

So overall... from my experience I would say; don't wait on a list for months and months, if you can, just go private.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 28 May 2014

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss the issues in person and confidentially please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The place is a dump

This hospital is typical of the NHS, dirty,dark on the wards and very undisciplined. This hospital is great need of refurbishment and most of the staff(not quite all) are arrogant and full of self importance.
The outside area where patients can go is dirty unkempt and full of tab ends from cigarette smokers. The tv's don't work and there is nowhere to plug in a radio.

Staff are unhelpful and arrogant.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 09 May 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 23 July 2014

Dear Anonymous

I was very concerned to read that you were not happy with Chapel Allerton Hospital and the attitude of its staff. I would like to apologise for the delay in acknowledging your comments, we had responded to your posting on the Patient Opinion website and would like to confirm that your feedback has been passed on to the Matron responsible for Chapel Allerton Hospital who is looking into the issues you raised.

If you would like to discuss the issues in more detail please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I wouldn't go anywhere else

I have been attending the rheumatology clinic since I moved to Leeds 6 years ago. Having been diagnosed with Lupus and been treated in various hospitals across the UK, I was nervous to be visiting yet another one. However, I needn't have worried because from my very first appointment the team at Chapel Allerton have been simply brilliant.

I have never felt alone or scared in clinic - and they've given me some pretty big news at times. The team constantly surprise me with their dedication and care. I'm overwhelmed by the support they give me at every appointment and in between when I've got questions or need extra help.

I can't imagine going anywhere else!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 04 April 2014

Lindsey gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Osteoarthritis of my knee

I was a day patient for knee arthroscopy due to me having osteoarthritis. From the moment I arrived the nurses, physiotherapist, anesthetiser, surgeon and anyone else involved with my operation made me feel at ease, they answered any of my questions and spent time with me to help me feel at ease.

After my op I was woken by a lovely nurse in the recovery room and the anaesthetist and my surgeon came to see me and explain what I had had done.

Then I was moved to the room after recovery and was offered something to eat and drink, then another lovely nurse made sure I was comfortable and sorted out my medication.

I was so scared before I went in but I need a knee replacement later this year but I certainly won't be scared knowing how well I was treated.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 March 2014

jade north gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

amazing staff

I was in for an acl repair and was only meant to be a day visit, however i had to stay overnight. I just want to say a huge thank you to all the staff who were really great and couldn't do enough for me, everyone was truly amazing, iv never had an operation before and they made me feel completely at ease and had a laugh with me. As i didnt take an overnight bag i didnt have all the necessary things i would usually take for an overnight stay, however the nurses found me toothbrushes, toothpaste and other essentials. I would absolutely recomend this hospital to anyone. I am going back in 3 months for the same opp on my other knee and i couldnt be happier to be returning to this hospital, almost feels as though i should be paying! Again a huge thankyou to everyone there and i shall see you soon!

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 07 March 2014

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care

Removal of basal cell carcinoma in Dec 2013 - staff very pleasant and helpful. Very pleased with the skill of the surgeon and his removal of my facial skin cancer.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 30 January 2014