Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

cazbaz gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Not actually visited yet ----Unacceptable waiting times

I was referred for Rheumatology opinion by my GP 20/4/17. I had an appointment for 3/7/17 which I unavoidably needed to cancel ( booked holiday). I quickly tried to rearrange another appointment but nothing was available via choose and book until August ( no fun when you are in pain and having repeated steroid medications with their lovely side effects!!!).
13/6/17 Appointment was sent to me for Aug 18th @ 9am. Plans made with work to attend this
23/6/17 Further letter received informing me that this appointment has been cancelled and 'we will contact you in the near future to arrange another date and time'!!!
I called number on letter to be informed that I may have 11 week further wait!!!!!
12/7/17 - Back to GP pretty miserable with multiple joint pains. Further steroid course with awful side effects this time. GP expedited my referral
27/7/17 Attempted to contact service to get some idea of when appointment may be because I have 3 day training for a new job which I cannot miss and I want to book a holiday in September ( Patients do have a life!!!) . Guess what..... Automated phone receiving service.
So; still haven't a clue!!!
Friends and Family Test - would I recommend this service. What do you think?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Catherine Gibbons gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceeded all expectstions

I went into Chapel Allerton on the 3rd of June 2017 for a total hip replacement. From the minute I entered the ward on the Satirday morning to leaving on Wednesday7th June i received such dedicated care from every single member of staff that I came in to contact with. The nursing care that I received was to a very high standard and the support staff always had a smile and were always interested in my wellbeing. A special mention should go to the night staff who worked tirelessly through the night in ensuring that my comfort was their main concern but again this was always carried out with a smile but most of all a professional manner. The physios were so supportive and very kind in encouraging my rehab programme. I was given lots of written information to bring home with me and I would have no hesitation in recommending this ward in the future. Thank you all once again. Even the food was good so no complaints there.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Craig Bell gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb care givenward C3

Was recently admitted to Ward C3 for a half knee replacement on the 20th june under the care of one particular consultant & their team & cannot praise their team highly enough.
My treatment from admission to discharge was exemplary.
All the staff from the housekeeping, healthcare assistants, nursing staff, physio & ward management was excellent.
On discharge was really happy to be leaving as no one wants to be in hospital, however after a few hours noticed some fluids leaking from my dressing, followed the instructions i was given on discharge & called the ward, I was told to come back in & was re-admitted back on to ward, within 20 minutes nursing staff hadd opened up my dressings & got a doctor to check over everything.
Wound cleaned steri-strips added to stem the bleed, & new dressings applied, the following morning a couple of the consultants team was on the ward early & had reopened the dressings to check on my wound , basically these things happen sometimes? I think it was my fault by bending my knee too much too soon!!!
Was kept in for a couple of days on bed rest!!
The consultant personally checked the wound dressings & was discharged from hospital again!!!!
The professionalism of the whole tea was exemplary & I would gladly recommend this hospital & the team.

The wards where spotlessly clean & cleaned everyday by willing & able staff that would do anything to help you!!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Cora Hunt gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mohs surgery to remove bcc

I have had a bcc removed by mohs surgery and I cannot praise the surgeon enough and the two nurses who were so kind and caring throughout the procedure.A big thankyou to the team.I have taken the dressings off this morning and I am so pleased with the result by a very skillful surgeon.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Alan Hurdley gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class care from professor and their team also the ward

I have been attending now for treatment since February both as an out patient and in patient and l could not wish for better care and attention
All the staff on Ward C2 are caring and if hospital is a delight well it is in this Ward
From the Domestic Staff to the Nursing and Professor and their Medical staff you make my visits most enjoyable and informative every step of my on going treatment

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

Tracey smith gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward c3

I had a knee replacement done on17th may .from the get go the staff were fab ward c3 especially cannot thank them enough. Even the poor porter who witnessed my excorsist experience haha from the nursing wicked physios(only kidding) to the cleaners and the kitchen staff I thank you all for all your had work

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 05 June 2017

Dear Tracey
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a pleasant experience whilst in our care.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your wonderful words of support and encouragement with the Matron for C3 and asked that she pass on your kind comments to everyone involved in your care.
Once Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us.
With kindest regards
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Dee Marshall gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

BBC Removal by Mohs surgery

I had a BCC on my face removed by Mohs surgery yesterday. I was met with nothing but professionalism and kindness throughout my care, and I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved - cleaners, receptionist, nursing staff, surgeon. We are very lucky to have an amazing NHS - long may it last!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 05 June 2017

Dear Dee
Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your wonderful and kind comments.
I am very happy to read that the care you received was kind and professional from all staff members
I have taken the liberty of sharing your words of support and encouragement with the Manager for Chapel Alerton Hospital so she can share this with all staff. I know that all the staff will be delighted to know they delivered the care that met all your expectations.
Once Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.
With kindest regards
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Issues contacting Dr due to medication running out

To start with this review is to do specifically with the above issue, I personally find the hospital and its staff on my numerous visits over the years to have been excellent.

So long story short - I have had two appointments at the hospital (end march 17 & Mid May 17) and informed hospital that I had not had a call regarding delivery of my medication. I was assured on both occasions that this would be sorted and that I would be provided with my medication to continue my treatment un-interrupted.

Sadly this has not happened and I now have no medication.

I tried and after numerous attempts finally spoke to someone who again assured me they would chase up and give me a call back to update on the issue.

I am still awaiting an update. I have also today tried to call through circa 20+ times to speak to someone in the department / consultant secretary to get an update but am having no luck what so ever. I know someone is there as on some occasions the line has been busy.....

I am now so frustrated that I feel that I have to write this review and quite simply hope that my issue is an isolated occurrence and that no one else has to deal with this.

I also hope that this gets the hospital to look at how these issues are addressed in future as wasting (in effect) 1 hr of my time (just on the phone) is just crazy.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I am very sorry to hear about the delays with your medication and understand that this must be a very worrying time for you. Hopefully, you will have heard something by now.
If you have not received your medication I would happy to look into the matters you have raised, however, there is not enough information included in your post for me to investigate further, I would therefore ask that you contact our Trust’s Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS).
This would allow us look into the matters you have raised and contact the relevant management to see why there has been a delay. This would also allow us to see what lessons we could learn from your experience.
Please call our Patient Advise and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 206 6261 or alternatively email patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net
Rosie
Senior Nurse
Patient Experience

Martyn Dixon gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ankle fusion

I was admitted on the 24th of April for an ankle fusion . All the staff couldn't have been more professional, helpful & caring , from the all the nursing staff day/night , anaesthetists & of course my surgeon . Couldn't have asked for better treatment all round .Would highly recommended this hospital and all its staff, not forgetting the catering side as well . Thank you

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

hip replacement on 6/4/17

My mum was admitted for a hip replacement which went well. The consultant was good as were the post op team. After the first night she was admitted to ward C3 and then it went downhill. My mum was not given access to her own prescribed medication which she can self medicate at home with but the ward sister advised she only would get these back when she went home. My mum was in pain and asked for pain meds but after 2 hours nothing had been done so when my I arrived I had to go ask and within 5 minutes she was given something. On cleanliness for washing herself and observing with other patients we were advised there were no staff spare to help with showering or washing. I observed other patients relatives having to go with their relatives if they needed a shower, etc. My mum prides herself on cleanliness and did not feel clean when she went home. She also felt it was rushed on her discharge only 2 days after her op to be going home and will be checking with her GP on the meds prescribed to her to make sure they do not clash with her current medication as I don't feel these were checked through thoroughly with her medical records. It all felt rushed and that a quick turnaround seems more of a priority than ensuring she was okay to go home. Please can this be fed back as my mum is a retired Leeds NHS Trust staff nurse and did not totally feel comfortable in how she was treated on certain occasions and did not expect this from the Trust she used to work for.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017