Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

M. Roberts gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder surgery

I have just had shoulder surgery (10/05/2016) I could not have asked for better care even if I had gon private. The care I received right from reception, to the surgery and then on the ward was excellent. The whole hospital is spotlessly clean, the nursing staff could not do enough for me. The food I was given was also good

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 24 May 2016

Dear M. Roberts,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your kind words to the Head of Nursing for Chapel Allerton. I have asked that she share your feedback with her teams who will be delighted to know that they are deliered a level of care that met your expectations.
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Kate gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology and foot clinic

I can not say how amazing the staff are at this hospital, I went from being in constant pain and the previous hospitals not helping, to a diagnosis and treatment plan from fabulous staff. The helpline staff are amazing and I attended the foot clinic with swelling and pain(my GP organised an xray for a week and a half's time!) and they ultrasounded my foot, asked one of the doctors from the other clinic in and received a steroid injection. Brilliant hospital, I cant thank them enough!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals replied on 26 May 2016

Dear Kate
Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback, it's great to hear that staff at Chapel Allerton have been able to help you with your treatment. I will pass this on to management there so that they can share it with staff.
Kindest regards
Patient Experience Team

Anne gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

New hip

What a brilliant hospital. Nobody wants a stay in hospital but the care, dignity and support I received was outstanding in every department. I had a total hip replacement on the 18th of April and was home on the 20th. From the first consultation to the rehabilitation the service and care could not have been delivered any better.

I would like to thank all the staff concerned and I will recommend this hospital to friends and family.

Anne

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 April 2016

Dear Anne,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us; please accept my sincerest thanks for your kind words.
I am very happy to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care, I hope that you are recovering well.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your words of support and encouragement with Chapel Allerton Hospital who will be exceptionally pleased to know they delivered care that met your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I attended the Chapel Allerton Dermatology service today with my son who is a patient .

The standard of care he received was exemplary.

Our experience of the service was a well organised professional service that responds in a compassionate and patient centred manner. The Professor,the research nurse and the nurse specialist were truly amazing. As a team they have significantly improved my sons condition and maintained his self worth in what can be a depressing and challenging diagnosis .We are so grateful to this service , Thank you x

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

Shannon Dunford, Patient, Carer and Public Involvement Officer, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 09 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your comments onto the management team at Chapel Allerton Dermatology Department and have asked that he share them with his team.
Rosie Horsman
Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Hospital

I visit this hospital regularly. The dermatology department and anyone I have seen whilst attending the hospital has always been friendly and professional. Sometimes waiting times could be shorter (as in every hospital I have been to!) but if I needed to attend hospital for other issues I would choose to come to this one. I feel welcome and looked after here.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 16 February 2016

Lights81 gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Bad experience

I saw a doctor today with no care or people skills at all. They lacked empathy and wasn't interested in my illness at all, I was shocked at how poor the treatment was at my appointment. I have gone back to my gp and thankfully they have referred me to another hospital and I can put this experience behind me and not attend this hospital again.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Bit too short for a appointment

Orthopeadic clinic was running nearly a hour behind, when I got in to see the doctor they were very rude didn't want to listen to what I had to say! Iv had problems with inflammation in my shoulder which is tendinitis and bursitis and iv nerve impingement! Previously had steroid injection which hasn't not helped, the doctor stated in this five min appointment which was useless that there's nothing they can do! Didn't even ask me how I was with the pain or nothing seemed like the doctor rushed to get next patient in! The doctor told me to carry on physio which is causing more pain but yet they won't investigate further! So off back to gp to get a referral to someone who i hope will look in to the problems I'm having and not fob me off!! So angry

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Lee D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seamless and well run throughout. 5 Star service.

Appointment made for 09:20 and arrived at 08:55. Car Park looked busy but found a slot easy enough. £2.70 for 2 hours was reasonable enough.
Booking in on the digital screen was easy and the reception staff also made sure I knew where to go.
I was seen @ 09:15 by the consultant, who suggested some blood tests and X-rays, which they booked there and then.
Bloods were taken by a busy bloods department. I was 10th in the queue but seen within 10 minutes.
X-rays were completed within 20 minutes of arrival.
Staff in all departments were 1st class.
All-in-all a great experience with every department running like clockwork.
I was back in the car before 10:15, which considering what I had done was quite impressive.
If you get a choice of hospital for your consultancy, I highly recommend you choose Chapel Allerton, I know I will again.
Well done to the whole team.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 January 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 January 2016

Dear Lee D,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your positive comments onto the Matron for Chapel Allerton so that she can make her team aware of the great work and efficient service they are delivering.
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Rhona Smith gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff in MRI at Chapel Allerton

I was greated warmly by the member of staff who would be carrying out my MRI scan, and given a firm handshake as they introduced themself. Nothing was too much trouble and my comfort was paramount, with every aspect of the scan given before and during the scan.
The Radiology Department was clean and has a pleasant waiting area.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 28 January 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful experience

My husband has recently had a total knee replacement at Chapel Allerton Hospital and from the very first visit after referral by our GP we have received wonderful attention. All of our appointments have been kept exactly on time, no waiting for name to be called, it seemed more like a private hospital. All the staff we encountered were cheerful and efficient, the doctors and consultants caring and professional, and that of course includes the staff we dealt with in the Physiotherapy Department. We cannot praise this hospital enough and would not hesitate to recommend to others and attend here again ourselves in the future if necessary. The procedure following surgery was very well-organised and the care plan worked well for us, in fact my husband was allowed home two days after his operation. One hears such negative things about the NHS so it is good to be able to say how impressed we have been with our experience of this particular NHS hospital.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 11 February 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 17 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
What wonderful feedback, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I'm glad to read that your husband's treatment has been a success and you were pleased with the staff you encountered. I will pass this on to management in Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton so that your feedback can be shared with staff.
Best wishes