Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

Anne gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

New hip

What a brilliant hospital. Nobody wants a stay in hospital but the care, dignity and support I received was outstanding in every department. I had a total hip replacement on the 18th of April and was home on the 20th. From the first consultation to the rehabilitation the service and care could not have been delivered any better.

I would like to thank all the staff concerned and I will recommend this hospital to friends and family.

Anne

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 22 April 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 April 2016

Dear Anne,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us; please accept my sincerest thanks for your kind words.
I am very happy to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care, I hope that you are recovering well.
I have taken the liberty of sharing your words of support and encouragement with Chapel Allerton Hospital who will be exceptionally pleased to know they delivered care that met your expectations.
Again, thank you for taking the time to write to us.
With kind regards
Rosie
Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I attended the Chapel Allerton Dermatology service today with my son who is a patient .

The standard of care he received was exemplary.

Our experience of the service was a well organised professional service that responds in a compassionate and patient centred manner. The Professor,the research nurse and the nurse specialist were truly amazing. As a team they have significantly improved my sons condition and maintained his self worth in what can be a depressing and challenging diagnosis .We are so grateful to this service , Thank you x

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

Shannon Dunford, Patient, Carer and Public Involvement Officer, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 09 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your comments onto the management team at Chapel Allerton Dermatology Department and have asked that he share them with his team.
Rosie Horsman
Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Hospital

I visit this hospital regularly. The dermatology department and anyone I have seen whilst attending the hospital has always been friendly and professional. Sometimes waiting times could be shorter (as in every hospital I have been to!) but if I needed to attend hospital for other issues I would choose to come to this one. I feel welcome and looked after here.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 16 February 2016

Lights81 gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Bad experience

I saw a doctor today with no care or people skills at all. They lacked empathy and wasn't interested in my illness at all, I was shocked at how poor the treatment was at my appointment. I have gone back to my gp and thankfully they have referred me to another hospital and I can put this experience behind me and not attend this hospital again.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Bit too short for a appointment

Orthopeadic clinic was running nearly a hour behind, when I got in to see the doctor they were very rude didn't want to listen to what I had to say! Iv had problems with inflammation in my shoulder which is tendinitis and bursitis and iv nerve impingement! Previously had steroid injection which hasn't not helped, the doctor stated in this five min appointment which was useless that there's nothing they can do! Didn't even ask me how I was with the pain or nothing seemed like the doctor rushed to get next patient in! The doctor told me to carry on physio which is causing more pain but yet they won't investigate further! So off back to gp to get a referral to someone who i hope will look in to the problems I'm having and not fob me off!! So angry

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

Lee D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seamless and well run throughout. 5 Star service.

Appointment made for 09:20 and arrived at 08:55. Car Park looked busy but found a slot easy enough. £2.70 for 2 hours was reasonable enough.
Booking in on the digital screen was easy and the reception staff also made sure I knew where to go.
I was seen @ 09:15 by the consultant, who suggested some blood tests and X-rays, which they booked there and then.
Bloods were taken by a busy bloods department. I was 10th in the queue but seen within 10 minutes.
X-rays were completed within 20 minutes of arrival.
Staff in all departments were 1st class.
All-in-all a great experience with every department running like clockwork.
I was back in the car before 10:15, which considering what I had done was quite impressive.
If you get a choice of hospital for your consultancy, I highly recommend you choose Chapel Allerton, I know I will again.
Well done to the whole team.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 January 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 January 2016

Dear Lee D,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your positive comments onto the Matron for Chapel Allerton so that she can make her team aware of the great work and efficient service they are delivering.
With kind regards
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Rhona Smith gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff in MRI at Chapel Allerton

I was greated warmly by the member of staff who would be carrying out my MRI scan, and given a firm handshake as they introduced themself. Nothing was too much trouble and my comfort was paramount, with every aspect of the scan given before and during the scan.
The Radiology Department was clean and has a pleasant waiting area.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 28 January 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful experience

My husband has recently had a total knee replacement at Chapel Allerton Hospital and from the very first visit after referral by our GP we have received wonderful attention. All of our appointments have been kept exactly on time, no waiting for name to be called, it seemed more like a private hospital. All the staff we encountered were cheerful and efficient, the doctors and consultants caring and professional, and that of course includes the staff we dealt with in the Physiotherapy Department. We cannot praise this hospital enough and would not hesitate to recommend to others and attend here again ourselves in the future if necessary. The procedure following surgery was very well-organised and the care plan worked well for us, in fact my husband was allowed home two days after his operation. One hears such negative things about the NHS so it is good to be able to say how impressed we have been with our experience of this particular NHS hospital.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 11 February 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 17 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
What wonderful feedback, thank you for taking the time to write to us. I'm glad to read that your husband's treatment has been a success and you were pleased with the staff you encountered. I will pass this on to management in Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton so that your feedback can be shared with staff.
Best wishes
Rosie
Patient Experience Team

Otley lass! gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Reassuring visit for guided ultra sound injection CAH

On entering the room where the procedure was to take place, I was greeted warmly by the two people waiting for me. They made me feel at ease for they were both so pleasant and cheerful. The Dr who performed the injection was kind, pleasant and explained the procedure in detail and I felt at ease as the injection was done. I can only say that, due to my experience, I would recommend the services in the X-Ray dept.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 15 December 2015

Anonymous reviewed Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Feedback on dermatology service

The staff are nice and friendly, showed me my way to the surgery and dealt efficiently with my queries. Well done!. However, the consultant dermatologists were a different story. While their manner was always polite and professional, I would advise everyone not to waste their time with them if they have a chronic autoimmune problem like mine. I felt like I was walking into the surgery with a cancer and leaving with a prescription for aspirin, plus big tears of helplessness and defeat rolling down my cheeks. I am aware that there is no cure for my condition at present but what shocked me is that the medical staff do no show more interest in it and promote new research into the applications of molecular biomarkers in dermatology. Also, they proved to be equally unhelpful when I asked to be privately referred to a specialist in the UK or Europe dealing with this condition. And lastly, if they actually know that my problem is only going to progress and aggravate over time, why do they make me waste my time with useless medicines that only treat the symptoms instead of providing me with a prosthesis that will allow me to carry a normal life? I guess that the best non-financial perk of their jobs is the feeling of relief they will experience at the end of the day, relief that they do no suffer from my condition and can lead a normal life.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015