Chapel Allerton Hospital

Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Shannon gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ultrasound department

Had a steroid injection a week ago, during an ultrasound on my hip. The two docs were brilliants on advice and the assistant was brilliant and caring. Cannot praise them enough for their support while having the injection.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Dear Shannon

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It was lovely to hear that you had such a positive experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff involved in your care.

danielle gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

is this a private hospital ?

this hospital could easily be mistaken for private

ive been attending 2 years now and the service ive received is outstanding the staff are like friends they genuinely care the Consultant and my nurse are amazing - i havent had the easiest journey and in fact still arent well manged medically but not because they arent trying they couldn't do enough for me the staff on C2 are fantastic ive never been on a ward where the staff are so fantastic the atmosphere is so friendly i truly believe the NHS should send all their students to this hospital to see how to do the job well as chapel allerton have got it perfectly right, meals fantastic its so clean and the doctors and nurses bedside manner is fantastic.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Dear Danielle

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience of Chapel Allerton Hospital. We were very pleased to read that you were so happy with the hospital and the care you received. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Julie Oxtoby reviewed Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Parking

The parking is absolutely shocking, got there 20 before my appointment time but was still late as there were no parking spaces...this needs to be addressed!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Dear Ms Oxtoby

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems parking at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the manager responsible for parking so that he can look into the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk we will help you to organise this appointment.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking department

I have visited this department for a long time both at LGI and chapel allerton.
The service is disgusting.
I have sat and waited till 6.30 for an appt which was at 4pm. The nursing staff walked up and down with gloves on ?dirty ones and cups of tea.
One nurse which I have seen time and time again doesn't understand what patient care is and how to talk to a patient.
They announced my test results in the waiting room on more than one occasion.
I was due to have an appt in 4 months which turned into 8 months after a telephoned them day in day out.
I telephoned the department and asked for an appointment because of a side affect to a drug I was on. The receptionist said to me "how dare you ask for an appointment" "I don't know who you think you are"
This department needs to take a step back and look at patient care and the service.
Awful awful awful

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 September 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Jonathan Flynn gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thankyou

Great service from a set of lovely proffessionals. All the staff at this hopsital are very good.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 16 September 2014

Dear Mr Flynn

Thank you for your taking the time to compliment the staff at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I shall ensure that your feedback is forwarded to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Massive thank you to the rheumatology dept

I have been attending the rheumatology dept at this hospital since the beginning of 2012 and have had nothing but good experiences. All of the staff are polite, helpful and friendly. I have had very successful treatment for my condition and cannot thank everyone enough at the hospital for giving me my life back.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the care you received in the Rheumatology Department at Chapel Allerton Hospital. We have passed on your comments to the staff concerned.
Thank you once again for taking the time to write these positive comments.

Exmouth gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An excellent Orthopaedic Unit

I had an operation on my shoulderas a day patient on 1st July as a day patient upon my shoulder.
From entering the Unit I was warmly greeted & made to feel at ease. All aspects of my operatin were once again thoroghly explained and the Pre Op staff were pleasant cheerful and helpful. The Post Op care was tremendous and the staff were also cheerful and pleasant and you could see that they worked well together, yet retained a good proffesional standards, yet were so caring.
This is my second visit to this Unit and it has retained the same excellent attributes as last year, including a spotlessly clean Ward.
The Consultant, his Registrar and Anaesthetist were approachable and very caring too.
My sincere thanks to all the staff

Rhona Smith

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 July 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 07 August 2014

Dear Rhona Smith

caroline gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

left knee replacement

11 days on from LKR, doing well. During my stay I cannot praise the nursing/care staff enough. Nothing was too much trouble for them. In regards to food this was expected-OK, nothing to write home about. Found the hospital clean and with it being quite small it had a nice atmosphere.
The one thing I was surprised about was the limited time I spent with the physiotherapists. On the day after my operation I was expecting and dreading a torturous length of time with them, this was not the case. Don't get me wrong, they watched me walk and showed me the exercises I needed to do but time spent with them was very brief.
Overall, the care I received was excellent and I would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 August 2014

Dear Caroline

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I was very pleased to read that you had had such a positive experience of Chapel Allerton Hospital and I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The place is a dump

This hospital is typical of the NHS, dirty,dark on the wards and very undisciplined. This hospital is great need of refurbishment and most of the staff(not quite all) are arrogant and full of self importance.
The outside area where patients can go is dirty unkempt and full of tab ends from cigarette smokers. The tv's don't work and there is nowhere to plug in a radio.

Staff are unhelpful and arrogant.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 09 May 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 23 July 2014

Dear Anonymous

I was very concerned to read that you were not happy with Chapel Allerton Hospital and the attitude of its staff. I would like to apologise for the delay in acknowledging your comments, we had responded to your posting on the Patient Opinion website and would like to confirm that your feedback has been passed on to the Matron responsible for Chapel Allerton Hospital who is looking into the issues you raised.

If you would like to discuss the issues in more detail please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Overworked & underfunded

From my appointment I can only conclude that it's likely that the whole NHS will fall apart over the next few years.

The 'consultant' I saw seemed far more interested in giving me reasons why I wasn't 'as bad' as many of the other patients she sees than actually diagnosing the reason I have had joint pain for six months. Absolutely no help at all. Worse actually, just confused me and depressed me further.

Even the nurse who did my blood test agreed that unless you are critically bad they are not interested in treating you. She agreed that it shouldn't be like that but is because of funding issues.

So overall... from my experience I would say; don't wait on a list for months and months, if you can, just go private.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 20 May 2014

Chapel Allerton Hospital replied on 28 May 2014

Thank you for posting your comment. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to discuss the issues in person and confidentially please contact the Trust's Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk