Chapel Allerton Hospital

(0113) 2623404 Chapeltown Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I attended the Chapel Allerton Dermatology service today with my son who is a patient .

The standard of care he received was exemplary.

Our experience of the service was a well organised professional service that responds in a compassionate and patient centred manner. The Professor,the research nurse and the nurse specialist were truly amazing. As a team they have significantly improved my sons condition and maintained his self worth in what can be a depressing and challenging diagnosis .We are so grateful to this service , Thank you x

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

Shannon Dunford, Patient, Carer and Public Involvement Officer, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 09 February 2016

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
Your post is wonderful to read and I am extremely pleased that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your comments onto the management team at Chapel Allerton Dermatology Department and have asked that he share them with his team.
Rosie Horsman

Lee D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seamless and well run throughout. 5 Star service.

Appointment made for 09:20 and arrived at 08:55. Car Park looked busy but found a slot easy enough. £2.70 for 2 hours was reasonable enough.
Booking in on the digital screen was easy and the reception staff also made sure I knew where to go.
I was seen @ 09:15 by the consultant, who suggested some blood tests and X-rays, which they booked there and then.
Bloods were taken by a busy bloods department. I was 10th in the queue but seen within 10 minutes.
X-rays were completed within 20 minutes of arrival.
Staff in all departments were 1st class.
All-in-all a great experience with every department running like clockwork.
I was back in the car before 10:15, which considering what I had done was quite impressive.
If you get a choice of hospital for your consultancy, I highly recommend you choose Chapel Allerton, I know I will again.
Well done to the whole team.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 08 January 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 January 2016

Dear Lee D,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your positive comments onto the Matron for Chapel Allerton so that she can make her team aware of the great work and efficient service they are delivering.
Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Rhona Smith gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff in MRI at Chapel Allerton

I was greated warmly by the member of staff who would be carrying out my MRI scan, and given a firm handshake as they introduced themself. Nothing was too much trouble and my comfort was paramount, with every aspect of the scan given before and during the scan.
The Radiology Department was clean and has a pleasant waiting area.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 28 January 2016

Otley lass! gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Reassuring visit for guided ultra sound injection CAH

On entering the room where the procedure was to take place, I was greeted warmly by the two people waiting for me. They made me feel at ease for they were both so pleasant and cheerful. The Dr who performed the injection was kind, pleasant and explained the procedure in detail and I felt at ease as the injection was done. I can only say that, due to my experience, I would recommend the services in the X-Ray dept.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 15 December 2015

Anonymous reviewed Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Feedback on dermatology service

The staff are nice and friendly, showed me my way to the surgery and dealt efficiently with my queries. Well done!. However, the consultant dermatologists were a different story. While their manner was always polite and professional, I would advise everyone not to waste their time with them if they have a chronic autoimmune problem like mine. I felt like I was walking into the surgery with a cancer and leaving with a prescription for aspirin, plus big tears of helplessness and defeat rolling down my cheeks. I am aware that there is no cure for my condition at present but what shocked me is that the medical staff do no show more interest in it and promote new research into the applications of molecular biomarkers in dermatology. Also, they proved to be equally unhelpful when I asked to be privately referred to a specialist in the UK or Europe dealing with this condition. And lastly, if they actually know that my problem is only going to progress and aggravate over time, why do they make me waste my time with useless medicines that only treat the symptoms instead of providing me with a prosthesis that will allow me to carry a normal life? I guess that the best non-financial perk of their jobs is the feeling of relief they will experience at the end of the day, relief that they do no suffer from my condition and can lead a normal life.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

Sachnala gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement

Great hospital, not central to Leeds but more accessible, parking easy for visitors.
I was looked after very well but like most large organisations you need to be prepared to help yourself on occasions, the staff are very good but busy.
My surgery went very well and after seven weeks and lots of excersice I'm able to walk normally without limp or pain.
I would highly recommend my surgeon and Chapel Allerton Hospital.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 07 January 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 20 January 2016

Dear Sachnala,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I have passed your post to the matron for Chapel Allerton and ask that she share this with her team so that they too can be aware of the great work that they are doing.
Rosie

Otley gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Welcoming Orthopaedic Outpatients Clinic

Excellent care given by a Senior Physiotherapist who was seeing to my review for a Surgeon. Everything fully explained to me, the choices I had for my continuing treatment were fully discussed and they also asked the opinion of a Surgeon regarding the treatment they had discussed with me. I had no feeling of being rushed, only that all avenues had been explored. I have every confidence that all will be sorted for me.
I cannot thank enough, those who dealt with me, for their kindness and the care that they gave to me.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 09 November 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 11 November 2015

Dear Otley,
Thank you for posting about your experience at Chapel Allerton hospital with our Physiotherapists.
It is wonderful to read that you had such a positive experience whilst in our care.
I have passed your kind words onto the relevant management so that they can pass them on to the appropriate staff.
Rosie

Otley gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent X-Ray deoartment

The reception staff were very pleasant and the Diagnostic Radiographer greeted me warmly, explained all that they would be X-Raying and why.
A very good experience

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 09 November 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 11 November 2015

Dear Otley,
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital, I am very pleased to read that your experience was a positive one.
I have passed your kind words to the radiology department so that they too know of the great work that they are doing.
RosieSenior NursePatient Experience

Les P gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip

Arrived at 13.20 for appointment at 13.40. Clocked in then to waiting area, but hardly had time to sit down before I was called to be seen. Staff pleasant and well organised giving an efficient service. Thanks to all !

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 17 November 2015

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 19 November 2015

Dear Les P
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
I am extremely pleased to read that you had such a positive experience whilst attending Chapel Allerton Hospital for an outpatient appointment.
I have passed your comments onto the Manager for Chapel Allerton and have asked that your comments are shared with all the staff.
With Kind regards
Rosie Horsman

Amy gave Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Very poor follow up appointment process 2 stars!

Following an initial appointment and treatment plan I was asked to be seen after 10 weeks of treatment. I was told an appointment time would be sent out in post nearer the time, 8 weeks later still no appointment time so I called the department. I was on waiting list and the next available appointment was in a further 7 weeks time. In total that would be 15 weeks since my initial consultations!! My symptoms have recently come back so I will be back where I started 15 weeks ago!! Very poor follow up appointment processes. Current patients should not be then put onto yet another waiting list!!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 January 2016

Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 20 January 2016

Dear Amy,
Thank you for taking the time to post about experience.
I am very sorry that you are having to wait an additional amount of time. If you would like to discuss this matter further or find out the reason behind this please do not hesitate to contact our PALS team who will be able to assist you.
You can our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2066261 or alternatively email patientexperience.leedsth@nhs.net
With kind regards Rosie Senior Nurse Patient Experience