Chapel Allerton Hospital

Telephone: (0113) 2623404
Address: Chapeltown Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS7 4SA
Website: http://www.leedsth.nhs.uk

Jason H gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bi- lateral hernia op and aftercare

Having an op at Chapel Allerton was to be my first. I was extremely nervous but the staff were brilliant. I was a day case and arrived at 6:45 and was spoken to by a staff nurse, he came across as patient, understanding and extremely dedicated to his profession. I spoke with a number of NHS staff before my op and they were all fantastic, the system may be broken but without these people dedication the NHS would not be anything like as good as it is.

The nurses kept me updated on when I should be getting the op and what to expect. The op went great and afterwards the nurses were brilliant looking after me. These people deserve better treatment than they are getting and a lot more thanks than they currently receive. I cannot speak highly enough of the doctors and nurses who dealt with me. A big special thanks to staff, they all deserve credit

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 09 January 2015

Chapel Allerton Hospital has not yet replied.

Linden Smithson gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

visit to rheumatology dept with mother in law

We visited this dept today to be told that there was an error made by my mother in law's GP. Putting that on one side (no fault of hospital) the staff, rallied round and arranged for her to be seen by a doctor. She agreed to admit her but as part of the condition she needed to have her wedding ring cut off and this involved sending her to LGI. If they had used an ambulance it could have taken up to 4 hours, a long time for an 86 year old in severe pain. Again they came to her rescue and arranged for her to go in a car accompanied by a care assistant which hopefully will substantially reduce the time.

Thank you for such refreshing care and assistance by all the staff concerned.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 21 January 2015

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Having never been ill until April this year I have spent quite a lot of time in

Having never been ill until April this year I have spent quite a lot of time in all the Leeds hospitals since.
All the hospitalls are doing there best under a system that at times is chaos, this is not the fault of the Doctors, nurses and staff.
At Chapel Allerton they do have faults but try to overcome them and all the staff treat you with dignity and patience and show that they seem to care. I actually think that sometimes patients could do woth looking at there attitude, staff are not slaves running round at there beck and call for every trivial thing.

I hope I only ever have to attend this hospital, it is the best

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 23 December 2014

Bill Biggins gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Knee Replacement

I have just returned home following a knee replacement. The whole experience for me was very good. Staff morale there must be excellent because the staff all seemed to have smiles to spare day and night. The care I received was excellent, the communication excellent and the responses to queries and requests were also excellent. I will recommend Chapel Allerton to any of my friends or family that need the treatments provided.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Dear Bill Biggins

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I was delighted to learn you had such a good experience of care while at Chapel Allerton Hospital and I will pass on your feedback to the staff concerned.

Claire D gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Cancelled my important test because the doctor caled in sick

I had an important test booked in Rheumatology today to find out what exactly is causing my pains I've had for 3-4months. I not only waited for a month after seeing the Rheumotologist Doctor to even get the appointment date through the post, but now on the day of the test thats I've been waiting anxiously for! I get a voicemail from a nurse saying its cancelled as the doctor has called in sick this morning! And now they will reallocate me another date which I will have to wait to come in a letter through the post!

This is disgraceful! How come you have no other doctor trained to do this test? How come I have to wait so long? How come you cant give me a date over the phone?!

Honestly what do I pay tax and national insurance for? So far I have had no answers about my pains.. I continue to work whilst in pain! And have to pay for all my medications that only take the edge off my pains!

Ridiculous! You need to have better organisational skills and customer service!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Dear Claire D

I am sorry that you are having these problems with your appointment. I have made the Matron for Outpatients aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss the issues in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

Senior Nurse Patient Experience

Nuala Grimshaw gave Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement on 25 September 2014

I had a hip replacement operation on 25 September. 2014. From the moment I arrived at 7am I was treated like I was a very important person. The staff were so kind and reassuring as I was very nervous. Everything was explained very well to me and again the staff very supportive. After I came round the kindness I encountered was amazing, I could not have been treated better if I was a private patient. I was in the hospital for 4 days and during that time nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff on Ward C3. I thank everyone involved very much. I am hopefully now on the road to recovery and hope I don't have to attend again until my appointment in January.

Nuala Grimshaw (Mrs)

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 October 2014

Dear Mrs Grimshaw

Thank you for your comments regarding the Orthopaedics at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I was delighted to read that you had such a good experience of care and I appreciate the time you have taken to write to us. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Nurses? Don't seem qualified to look after themselves!

I visited the hospital a few weeks ago. Before I attended my appointment the nurses took my bloods and blood pressure. It was extremely low and they did nothing but ask if I was ok? Then when I said 'no I feel dizzy' they said ok that's the low blood pressure, they then only told me to go sit in the waiting area and did nothing about it!

Then they proceeded to talk about there home life loudly so loud that I heard one nurse offer another nurse a cup of tea? To which the other nurse replied 'no I can't have tea I have stomach problems Gastritis) Then another nurse offered the same nurse a cake, to which they happily said yes and ate? I don't understand how a Nurse cannot understand their own health situation enough not to make the right decisions openly in-front of public, how they can look after the out patients?

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 02 October 2014

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for posting your feedback. I am very sorry for the poor experience you encountered and I will ensure that the Matron responsible for Outpatients is made aware of your comments.

If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk

danielle gave Rheumatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

is this a private hospital ?

this hospital could easily be mistaken for private

ive been attending 2 years now and the service ive received is outstanding the staff are like friends they genuinely care the Consultant and my nurse are amazing - i havent had the easiest journey and in fact still arent well manged medically but not because they arent trying they couldn't do enough for me the staff on C2 are fantastic ive never been on a ward where the staff are so fantastic the atmosphere is so friendly i truly believe the NHS should send all their students to this hospital to see how to do the job well as chapel allerton have got it perfectly right, meals fantastic its so clean and the doctors and nurses bedside manner is fantastic.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Dear Danielle

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience of Chapel Allerton Hospital. We were very pleased to read that you were so happy with the hospital and the care you received. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff concerned.

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Lisa

Julie Oxtoby reviewed Dermatology at Chapel Allerton Hospital

Parking

The parking is absolutely shocking, got there 20 before my appointment time but was still late as there were no parking spaces...this needs to be addressed!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Dear Ms Oxtoby

I am sorry to hear that you have had problems parking at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the manager responsible for parking so that he can look into the issue. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0113 2067168 or email patient.relations@leedsth.nhs.uk we will help you to organise this appointment.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Scott

Shannon gave Chapel Allerton Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ultrasound department

Had a steroid injection a week ago, during an ultrasound on my hip. The two docs were brilliants on advice and the assistant was brilliant and caring. Cannot praise them enough for their support while having the injection.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 12 August 2014

Dear Shannon

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It was lovely to hear that you had such a positive experience at Chapel Allerton Hospital. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff involved in your care.

Scott