Baddow Hospital

West Hanningfield Road, Great Baddow , Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 8HN

Sam gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early May Urology Procedure

Yesterday I underwent my Circumcision procedure with Baddow hospital, referred to me by the NHS. I'm a 21 year old male and it was the first time I've had to have anything like this and go under general anaesthetic, and my first time in a hospital environment since I was a baby. Naturally, I was slightly anxious about what was to come.
Walking through the doors of Baddow hospital immediately put me at ease, with friendly staff welcoming you and a large, spacious and light reception room that feels comfortable and uncrowded. I filled out the registration form and, after a short while, was called through to my room (a three wall booth with a fourth temporary sliding door) which was comfortable enough. My nurse came and introduced them-self immediately and instantly made me feel at ease. The nurse went through the days proceedings, what would happen and who I'd meet. The nurse also gave me a rough estimate of what time my surgery would be.
Two hours later, after meeting my surgeon, and the anaesthetist, I was called through to the surgery where I was introduced to the rest of the team. Everyone was so friendly, chilled-out and confident, which made me feel relaxed. I lay on the operating table and after a minute or so, was put into a calm sleep. Waking up in recovery I was met by another friendly member of staff, and after 20 minutes was taken back to my room where I ate toast, drank tea and passed water.
After two hours, I was ready to leave. The surgeon and anaesthetist came to visit for a post op summary and advised me everything went to plan. The nurses were both extremely helpful, discreet and respectful, and I felt I could ask them about anything that may be concerning me.
My experience with Baddow hospital, and first experience under the knife in any hospital, was completely faultless. I would highly recommend this hospital to anyone undergoing a procedure or operation. It feels clean, safe, comforting and is staffed with an amazing team who did gave their upmost effort to make me feel dignified and at ease.

A BIG thank you to all the staff at Baddow!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Anonymous gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unbelievable Respect and Service

My experience of the hospital was just fantastic, as you enter the doors you are made to feel welcome. The staff are obviously aware you are apprehensive of what is to come and do their best to relax you. The theatre team acted with respect and were very professional thank you

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Anonymous gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Update on previous review

Unfortunately I have to update my previous review. The post-operative information and advice is poor. There is a serious lack of transparency in relation to fees and an unwillingness to discuss discrepancies. My biopsy results were not given to me until nearly five weeks after my operation and inaccuracies in medical accounts caused me unnecessary concern. .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

cvs1 gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Baddow Hospital experience

Medical and nursing care,facilities and cleanliness are excellent and I was very satisfied with my experience of day surgery. There is plenty of evidence that the hospital has already addressed the outcomes of the recent CQC report, although I do not think these primarily procedural matters would have in the past, or will in the future, impinge on the quality of treatment or experience of most people using the hospital. In my view, it is a pity that until the next inspection the staff are saddled with an inaccurate, and therefore unfair, assessment of what the hospital offers.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Naomi Evans gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Private GP service

I could not get an appointment with my NHS GP for 3 weeks so went to see the GP at Baddow Hospital. It cost £80. Unfortunately, I didn't realise the GP couldn't refer me to an NHS hospital, only a private hospital so I wasted my £80 and had to wait or my own GP appointment anyway.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 10 April 2016

Del Anson gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I had minor plastic surgery there, facilities and staff were fantastic!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 27 January 2017

Corsalady2 gave Baddow Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent friendly hospital

Was very lucky to be referred to the hospital on the nhs. All the staff very friendly and put you at ease.The hospital is very clean and modern. The staff said I was very relaxed during my procedure, but this was because I had full confidence in the staff. The seemed as many staff as patients, and nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend the hospital, even if I have to pay for future treatment.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 November 2015