The James Cook University Hospital

01642 850850 Marton Road , Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS4 3BW

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric surgical day unit

The PSDU were extremely professional and caring with my
Little boy when he came In for grommets. From the pre assessment to the anaesthetist everyone talked to him in a way he understood. Every person within that unit were so lovely and really made things much better for us all

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Sandra Burn gave Ear, Nose & Throat at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

treatment

I was admitted from North Tees hospital after waiting over 5 hours in a& e It was 10 pm when I got admitted to wardl my obs were taken immediately all aspects of ward explained given a small snack The night staff were very efficient and friendly and every request was dealt with in a short space of time The day staff were just as good especially the nurse.The consultant and doctors explained fully my options and dealt with my condition swiftly Thank you to all the staff on ward 35

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

HopeNotHate gave Orthopaedics at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unpleasant due to overworked and oversubscribed staff.

JCUH has really suffered as a result of recent political policy. What was a beacon of good practice has become a sick joke.

I felt unwelcome from the moment I arrived. Staff were stressed out and anxious. The atmosphere was slightly chaotic. It was clearly understaffed. Post-op care was a shambles. Unable to stand I was checked out as 'Mobile'. Not a major issue, but surely not the procedure of a professional organisation.

One overtired member of staff sought refuge, when depositing me in Aftercare, away from their essential duties. They stayed with their back to me, having left me in the middle of the thoroughfare, and had a long chat with colleagues about how they didn't want to return, and that they would skive off where nobody could find then. Their colleague didn't look up from their phone in the 20 minutes i was in the room.

I am so grateful for the handful of staff who managed to maintain a decent and respectful attitude towards the sick and unfortunate. I only pray that they are not overwhelmed in time as their unfortunate co-workers have been.

Let's hope that JCUH can get the support it needs to return to its former, recent brilliance.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breathing problems

I got brought into jcuh a/e department and was seen in resus by this kind doctor I think they were from the milarty they were so nice and the staff were really nice i also had to stay in hospital and I was moved to ward 37 the staff were so kind then I was moved to ward 30 the staff on this ward were really fantastic just like to thank the nurse who looked after me on the last day I was on they were so nice i got myself so upset but they put me at ease just want to say thankyou to everybody

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Andrew Richardson gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Heart attack

Amazing hospital and amazing staff. Can not thank you all enough not only for saving my life but the ongoing care and service provided from the staff at the hospital. Thank you all so much for everything you have done so far I am truly grateful as are my family and friends. You have amazing teams and without those people the hospital would he nothing. I wish you all the very best for the future.....
Best wishes

Andrew

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

James wilson gave Urology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Poor communication between department's

I found that the doctor and nurses did a very good job the main fault of your hospital was that the communication between department's was poor and also communication with the patient for example you have a heart scan but you get no information till you see your consultant four months later I was pleased that there nothing wrong, The nurses on the ward knows that communication needs sorting out. Please take the time to look into this.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

vester reviewed The James Cook University Hospital

I was admitted to the ward from ward 15, I would like to thank all the staff for the care and attention they gave me during my stay. As I live on my own it was nice that they took the time to converse with me. It meant a lot. The NHS gets a lot of bad publicity but not from me. Would like to think that I could count on them as friends
As well as professional people, once again thank you Ward 31

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care from a well run hospital

Went in on Monday 6th February for surgery and an overnight stay. The care I received from walking into the reception to the time I left could not be faulted. All staff made an effort to put me at ease and I felt very much that my welfare was top priority for all of them.
Having surgery is obviously not an enjoyable experience but it helps so much if you feel that the people looking after you understand that and ensure you are kept in good spirits throughout your stay.
Thank you so much James Cook for ensuring my surgery and post op stay was no where near as stressful I anticipated.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Marshall gave Maternity services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic experience!

On 12 February me and my partner were admitted into the labour ward as she had gone into labour. The service we received from the labour ward team (12 Feb evening shift/13 Feb day shift- Not sure if I can give specific names!) was truly fantastic. It was clear from the very outset that the Midwives knew exactly what they were doing, and whats better is they ensured we were kept up to date and understood everything that was going on. They were incredibly supportive of my partner through the birth, and got me (dad) involved in as much as possible! The staff had a great sense of humour, was more than happy to just sit and chat about almost anything and everything, and what's best is they didn't once complain about the 100000+ questions we were asking! The Midwives are an absolute credit to the hospital, and I completely 100% would recommend this hospital to anyone considering it.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

George Clark gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I survived

I was admitted on 18th.Feb,2017,having experienced a heart attack.The immediate welcome from the Registrar was courteous and friendly,and that level of patient care continued throughout my time at the hospital, including being on Ward 32 pre-op through ICU and HDU post-op,having had a triple heart by-pass operation.I finished my time at the hospital on Ward 31 for the final few days, being discharged on 26th Feb,2017
Staff were friendly, courteous ,helpful and professional throughout my stay, and I wish to pass on my thanks to all concerned.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017