The James Cook University Hospital

01642 850850 Marton Road , Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS4 3BW

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lack of wheelchairs

The staff at James Cook are always caring , very friendly and professional, every visit I have had to James Cook the staff have been lovely.
The only complaint is the lack of wheelchairs, my wife searched for 20 minutes to find one this is unacceptable. I could not leave the hospital unless I was in one.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Improvements

On the gastro ward, the care is outstanding with frie0ndly staff.

The problem is facilities.

The drinking water offered is lukewarm and unappetising despite the fact that patients are encouraged to keep hydrated - little incentive with such disgusting water. Why is chilled water not available?

If patients choose to bring in own food/drink which is suitable for their condition, there is no cool storage. This makes it difficult as hospital food is understandably restricted and can't cater to every whim. However a patient fridge would allow patients to bring in appropriate items, enhancing the healing procean. These could be labelled and dated for timely disposal.

Thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 May 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Allison Byrne gave Ear, Nose & Throat at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Vocal injection on day ward

I was in the day ward yesterday for a small operation. From the moment i arrived i was cared for every step of the way. All reception staff , nuses,doctors,porters & theatre staff. Every one of you is a credit to the NHS. Always pleasant & caring and all under so much pressure at times. Thank you all. You do the NHS proud. Mrs Allison Byrne.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Julie W gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Two recent visits to ward 30/31

Wow, brilliant staff at every level.What a pleasure to receive such high standards of care from committed and dedicated staff. I found the strategies encountered leading up to admission for both procedures smooth well planned and executed, which filled me with confidence. I was made to feel at ease in the wards before both procedures, in what is clearly a caring environment. Can't thank you enough for guiding me through an apprehensive situation. We clearly are lucky to have this expertise at James Cook.
Julie W

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic birthing experience and postnatal care

I would highly recommend the James Cook hospital. The care I received was excellent on one of their busiest nights of the year, when they were inundated with births and had to shut the ward. Shutting the ward rarely happens. My midwife was fantastic and went the extra mile to ensure everything went smoothly and stayed longer than their shift to help me. The whole team on the ward were very supportive and it was nice to know I had all the specialist back up teams there quickly if something went wrong. We did briefly need the neonatal team so I was very reassured. My delivery room was very nice and the ward clean.

The postnatal recovery ward was a good experience and nice to be able to ask for help on basic things when learning with a new born. Thank you so much to everyone for your hard work.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Gareth&Sharon gave The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hi our is Gareth & sharon our son was admitted at 2 days old onto ward 22 the staff on this ward and all the students were amazing and could not thank them enough for taking care of our son for the week that we were there we are now home after been discharged on 13/5/17 I would just like to say a massive thank you and to all the students follow your dreams you will make amazing nurses one day

And a massive thank you from our little boy
Jaxon aka Mr Sassy pants :)

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Lorraine Newby gave Neurology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thanks for all the care,support and kindness on ward 24

I would like to thank all the other doctors, sisters, nurses and health care assistants on ward 24. They all do a fantastic job and deserve to be recognised for doing a good service of looking after me on the 30/04/2017 - 31/03/2017 after recovering from a cervical spine operation. The ward was spotless the staff were attentive, polite, helpful and approachable towards all my needs. My stay at the hospital was comfortable and the atmosphere was relaxed this pleased me as I was anxious about my operation. I was treated with dignity and respect by all the staff on ward 24 and the doctor. The nurses and healthcare assistants worked well together and supported each other which I found very endearing.

You are all very much appreciated Thanks again

Lorraine Newby

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mr and Mrs Thornton gave Neurosurgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Neuroscience Ward 24 HDU

My wife was in for 3 days who underwent surgery for a brain tumour- she was treated with respect, dignity and every staff member were very professional and courteous at all times, despite how busy they were. Her consultant and fellow doctors were also at ease and explained everything. She is now home and recovering well. Thank you to Ward 24 what ever your role you make it a team effort for the benefit of all patients.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Rhona gave The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye outpatients Department

I was fast tracked from opticians and the treatment so far has been excellent . Can't complain at all thx you James Cook eye outpatients from reception to nurse and consultant . Outpatients Eye Dept.Mrs Rhona Ford

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Gordon W gave General Surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Dept

couldnt have been friendlier and more helpful
The nurses really understood my unrelated neuro conditions amd made me feel very at ease and welcome
i arrived worried and nervous but was soon made to feel at ease and understand what was happening
Everyone went abive and beyond

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017