The James Cook University Hospital

01642 850850 Marton Road , Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS4 3BW

Keri gave Gynaecology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My expirence in the colposcopy department

I arrived at the colposcopy department today and was greeted by a nice receptionist who was friendly and thorough checked all of my details and was very helpful.

I was then taken for my appointment by the specailist colposcopy nurse who was absoluetly amazing throughout my appointment they put me at ease answered all of my questions and explained the procedure thoroughly.

During the procedure alison the nurse and their assistant both maintained my dignity explained what they where doing as they did it. The assistant held my hand during the procedure and made sure i was okay. I am grateful to both the team they where fantasic and made an expierence that i was not looking forward to a lot more bearable. Discharge advice and helplines given for aftercare. Please pass my thanks on to the team really good service

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

barrett1 reviewed The James Cook University Hospital

all the staff in the unit were so caring

I had a Colonoscope procedure and I was quite nervous but all the staff in the unit were so caring and the doctor was very informative throughout thank you so much.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017 using Care Opinion

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Dear barrett1,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story.
I am delighted that you have had such a positive experience with the Trust and it is always rewarding to hear stories of how our staff are delivering care and support to patients when they need it most.
I will happily pass your feedback on to Endoscopy Unit, however if you would like me to pass it on to specific staff members I will need some further details. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

Della gave Orthopaedics at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My operation.

I would like to thank all the staff that looked after me on ward 36 and 25 and All the operating staff and surgeon. From being admitted to leaving i am happy to say i was well looked after. Made me feel at ease before my op and comfortable after. Staff work their back side off to make sure i and the other patients that were on my ward were in the best of hands. I can not thank them enough. As for the staff in the operating theatre, what a smashing bunch, made all my concerns fade away and they were true to their word when i raised my concerns before and after my knee operation. They all had a sense of humour even when they are ran of their feet and always made time for you. I was in for 24 hours and in that time i am exceptionally happy with my care. I would like for this message to be passed on so they all know how grateful i am. Last but least i met some new injuried friends on both wards which i went to say goodbye to, one lady was 90 yrs old and was smiling i came back to say my farewells. Again Thank you. Della

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 July 2017

Dear Della,
Thank you for taking the time to share your story. I hope you are recovering well.
I will happily pass your feedback on to the relevant departments. If you would like me to pass this on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

Melanie gave Cardiothoracic surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Triple Heart Bypass

I went in for a planned procedure and was very impressed by the whole cardiothoracic department. The entire staff team was friendly and very professional. I thought the quality of care was fabulous. The food was delicious too.
I wasn't thrilled to be in a mixed-sex high dependency unit but was quickly moved to a single en-suite room. They don't have the facilities for single-sex high dependency care.
I would recommend James Cook to anyone. I have nothing but praise for the quality of care.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Dear Melanie,
I will happily pass your feedback on to the relevant department. If you would like me to pass this on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lack of wheelchairs

The staff at James Cook are always caring , very friendly and professional, every visit I have had to James Cook the staff have been lovely.
The only complaint is the lack of wheelchairs, my wife searched for 20 minutes to find one this is unacceptable. I could not leave the hospital unless I was in one.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Rita Taylor gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Coronary Care

Arrived by emergency transfer from North Tees hospital 9am 28 June with unstable angina and threatening heart attack. Was take straight to Catheter Lab and although it was all very scary, every single one of staff nurses, X-ray, and doctor gave me their name and spoke in very reassuring way.
The angioplasty and stent procedure was carried out immediately and without any great discomfort or pain. Doctor explained clearly what they found and what they had done before being taken to ward.
Ward staff and my named nurse were very Caring.My named nurse always took time to explain what was happening and was truly a wonderful compassionate nurse and human being.
My surgeon came to the ward later to explain again what had happened and the way forward for my care and said I could go home next day.
Very very satisfied with my care and would highly recommend this hospital.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Dear Rita,
I will happily pass your feedback on to the Coronary Care Unit, however if you would like me to pass it on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.

Yas gave Haematology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 33

having been an inpatient on Ward 33 since early June with just a couple days at home I want to say thank you to every member of staff on the ward. They worked their socks off in ensuring that as a patient my needs both medically and psychologically were met.

At times staffing numbers were obviously tight due to training and other issues but we were still treated to a level of professionalism I have not seen even in the hospital I work in.

Ward staff daily dealt with demanding, scared, confused patients and their relatives and my experience was that we were all treated as an individual and not just someone with a blood disorder.

Words cannot express my gratitude to everyone involved in my care which will continue as an outpatient. They are well worth more than 1% pay rise, please look after your staff.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 August 2017

Dear Yas,
I will happily pass your feedback on to Ward 33. If you would like me to pass this on to specific staff members I will need some further details as the information you have given here has been anonymised. If you would like to provide further detail please can I ask you to get in touch via our email address: stees.compliments@nhs.net or by phone on 0800 0282451 and I will be happy to help you further.
Chloe Holmes - Patient Experience Administration Assistant

karis bishop gave Ear, Nose & Throat at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

disappointed

I have been waiting for a letter for a follow up appointment after a CT scan completed weeks ago. I have still received nothing. I have tried ringing but can't get to the correct person to answer my question. I'm still suffering with my ears and getting nowhere to resolve the issue or get results

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 17 August 2017

Good morning

Thank you for leaving comments on the NHS Choices Website for the South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.

I am very sorry that you are experiencing problems accessing the results of a CT scan in the Trust's Ear, Nose and Throat Department.

Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01642 854807 who can help to resolve your issues.

The PALS service is available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm excluding bank holidays. When PALS officers are dealing with other enquirers, you may reach the voicemail. Under these circumstances, please leave a message with your name and contact telephone number and an indication on the most convenient time to ring you back.

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Margaret Robinson
Middlesbrough
TS4 3BW

Tel no: 01642 854807
Email: stees.pals@nhs.net

Julie W gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Two recent visits to ward 30/31

Wow, brilliant staff at every level.What a pleasure to receive such high standards of care from committed and dedicated staff. I found the strategies encountered leading up to admission for both procedures smooth well planned and executed, which filled me with confidence. I was made to feel at ease in the wards before both procedures, in what is clearly a caring environment. Can't thank you enough for guiding me through an apprehensive situation. We clearly are lucky to have this expertise at James Cook.
Julie W

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic birthing experience and postnatal care

I would highly recommend the James Cook hospital. The care I received was excellent on one of their busiest nights of the year, when they were inundated with births and had to shut the ward. Shutting the ward rarely happens. My midwife was fantastic and went the extra mile to ensure everything went smoothly and stayed longer than their shift to help me. The whole team on the ward were very supportive and it was nice to know I had all the specialist back up teams there quickly if something went wrong. We did briefly need the neonatal team so I was very reassured. My delivery room was very nice and the ward clean.

The postnatal recovery ward was a good experience and nice to be able to ask for help on basic things when learning with a new born. Thank you so much to everyone for your hard work.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017