The James Cook University Hospital

01642 850850 Marton Road , Middlesbrough, Cleveland, TS4 3BW

Neil Anderson gave Older people's services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 12

My Grandmother sadly passed away yesterday and I would like to thank all the staff in Ward 12 for their care & compassion at this very sad time.

At all times professional & informative without being too regimental, thank you again.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 April 2016

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 13 April 2016

Good afternoon Mr Anderson
Thank you for your feedback in which you thank staff for the care and treatment your late grandmother received, during her stay on Ward 12 at The James Cook University Hospital.
It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us at such a difficult time. I shall certainly forward your kind words to the staff involved, who, I am sure will be very pleased to read them.

Many thanks again for your kind words.

IG & Patient Safety Advisor

Anonymous reviewed Children's & Adolescent Services at The James Cook University Hospital

Paediatric day unit

Could you pass on our thanks to the Doctor and nurses who treated our baby grandson ( James) last night, 5/4/16.
They were professional and thorough but also very reassuring and helpful.
We were very grateful as we were on holiday and didn't know the hospital or area, which made us feel more anxious.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 13 April 2016

Good afternoon
Thank you for your feedback in which you thank staff for the care and treatment afforded to your baby grandson, James on 5 April 2016.
It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us. I shall certainly forward your kind words to the staff involved, who will be very pleased to read them.

IG & Patient Safety Advisor

karen neave gave Children's & Adolescent Services at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 21 and pdu

To the consultants and nurses of the pdu and ward 21. A massive thank you. From Karen (mam) and lauren neave. X

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 08 April 2016

Good morning

Thank you for your feedback, in which you thank the consultants and nurses for the care and treatment your daughter received from The James Cook University Hospital.
It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I appreciate you taking the time to contact us. I shall forward your kind words to the staff involved, who I am sure will be very pleased to read them.

IG & Patient Safety Advisor

Anonymous gave Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Arterial flutter/Abaltion

I was so shocked to find myself in ward 30 very recently following an 'out of the blue' arterial flutter/ablation. To say shocked is almost an understatement!
A trip to A&E resulted in a 4 day stay.
I cannot praise the staff highly enough both in A &E & Ward 30. Everything was explained to me thoroughly & everyone was polite & curteous & so kind. The main thing for me was that I was just so frightened. The staff noticed this & were so reassuring & comforting. This was across every level from the consultant to the nurses & even the staff that brought my meals & cleaned the room. This was a great comfort to me & my husband as it helped to get me through it. I cannot thank you all enough.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

Good morning

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the care and treatment you recently received during your admission to The James Cook University Hospital. I am pleased to learn that staff were reassuring and supportive during your stay and I shall certainly forward your kind words to them for their attention.
It may interest you to know the trust runs a ‘Thank You Award’ scheme where NHS colleagues, patients and relatives can nominate staff in recognition of their work. These are presented throughout the year for acts above the call of duty or where staff have shown exceptional kindness towards patients and their relatives.

We also welcome nominations for the Trust’s annual ‘Nightingale Awards’ which, once a year, recognises the important contribution nurses and midwives make to patients and their families at The James Cook University Hospital or the Friarage Hospital on a day-to-day basis. Forms to nominate nurses and midwives for a Nightingale Award are available from the director of Nursing’s office on 01642 854344 or by emailing val.fothergill@stees.nhs.uk

For further information or if you wish to nominate staff for either of these awards, please visit online at www.southtees.nhs.uk/about/awards.

Many thanks again for your kind words. I do hope you are recovering well.
With best wishes

wheelchairstuntpilot reviewed The James Cook University Hospital

Great job by Spinal Injuries Unit, Middlesbrough

Routine checkup and ultrasound imaging. Extremely slick process this time, in and out inside an hour, including having to go to the main hospital for the scan. Squeaky clean building, friendly staff. Great job people )
The car parking could be improved though.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 April 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Good morning
Thank you for your feedback, regarding your experience during your visit to the Spinal Injuries Unit at The James Cook University Hospital.
I appreciate you taking the time to contact us and I shall certainly forward your positive feedback to the relevant staff, and also your comments about parking to the Planning Department.

With best wishes

IG & Patient Safety Advisor

Anonymous gave Haematology at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

haematology day unit -home from home

we can not express our gratitude to these wonderful people .the staff are always busy -but you never feel ignored ,and always feel safe .this little unit is like shelter in a storm .kind and clever -they have wisdom beyond their years .lovely clean unit -you do become paranoid about dirt -but can relax there .they rock !!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 14 April 2016

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Graemgn gave Cardiothoracic surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tavy. Aorta valve

Thanks to all the staff for the first class 5 star care provided for my Father, ward 31, intensive care, and the staff and colleagues in coronary care.

I have never witnessed the care and attention, cleanliness, and professionalism witnessed this last week.

Thanks again

Graeme and Marsha.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 18 April 2016

The James Cook University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good service at Endoscopy unit

I visited endoscopy unit Feb 2016.The nurses,consultant and gynaecologist were very caring.The information was explained clearly about the procedure and staff were re assuring in theatre.
I was disappointed that I didn't get any information on the day how the operation went and have to wait 8 weeks.This seems a long time for peace of mind.However overall the service was very good.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 17 February 2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback in which you praise staff for the care and treatment you ahve received from The James Cook University Hospital. It is always pleasing to receive words of thanks and I very much appreciate you taking the time to contact us. I shall certainly forward your kind words to the staff involved, who, I am sure will be very pleased to read them.

Yours sincerley

Elaine reviewed Cardiology at The James Cook University Hospital

Nightmare leaving the car park!

My dad has just been transferred to coronary care so is a stressful time both for him and me. I am writing this review while trying to leave the car park. So far it has taken nearly an hour and I'm nowhere near getting out! I can't believe this situation! It needs urgently looking at.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 10 February 2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for your comments regarding car parking at The James Cook University Hospital. I am sorry you have cause to complain at such a difficult time and we will of course investigate the issue you have raised.
I should be grateful if you would provide us with a contact telephone number or email address to enable us to provide you with feedback once your concerns have been investigated. You can contact us by email on PALS@stees.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01642 854807.

Many thanks for contacting us

Anonymous gave The James Cook University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Car parking is a joke

It took 20 mins today to locate a car parking space it appeared that one of the car parks was closed v2. Cars were backed up blocking entrances. The situation has not improved over the last 18 months despite promises that you were doing something about the situation.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 08 February 2016

The James Cook University Hospital replied on 10 February 2016

Good afternoon

Thank you for your feedback, regarding car parking at The James Cook University Hospital. I am sorry you have cause for concern and we will of course provide you with feedback. I should be grateful if you could provide us with a contact telephone number or email address to enable us to contact you. Our email address is PALS@stees.nhs.uk or you can contact us on 01642 854807.

Your sincerley