Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital

01438 314333 Howlands, Howlands , Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL7 4HQ

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No out of hours GP service early morning on Sunday

Despite what it says on the QEII website, there is no out of hours GP service for all the hours stated. I went at 6am today (Sunday), only to be sent away because the doctors do not start until 8am.

The website says: -

"GP Out of Hours service operates from 6.30pm to 8.00am on weekdays, all weekend and bank holidays."

Either get a doctor in place or change the website to reflect reality. I checked the website before starting out and would not have driven down had the website been correct.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 September 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 17 September 2017

Thank you for getting in touch - whilst the GP out-of-hours has a service based at the New QEII, rather it is run by a local GP-led group called Herts Urgent Care. However, to access the service (it is by appointment - it is not a drop-in service), you need to call NHS111 first. We'll look at the information on the website to see if this can be made more clear.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Herts urgent care walk in centre

Paucity of information - excessively slow in every area of the walk in centre. No updates on waiting times (over 5 hours in practice) although staff apparently training on new computer system - predominantly what could be heard from them was non work chats.

Not patient focussed at all

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience of the urgent care centre at the New QEII. We have successfully launched a new electronic patient record system over the last week. Whist our staff have been trained on it, it will take some time for them to get used to using it daily. We will, as we do with all reviews, share your feedback with senior members of the team.

Rude Staff in Urgent Care Centre

I attended the Urgent Care Centre with my friends who had hurt her ankle. Due to circumstances we couldn't get to the GP, so this was the next and nearest service available. Upon arrival the place itself was lovely, however the staff were rude and very judgmental. They were not welcoming, and after explaining the condition of my friend they told us that this was the GP's problem, not there's. And when we explained, they laughed in my friends face. This was not dignified or respectful at all towards my friend. I would feel very wary about coming here again, after the way we were spoken to.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 18 August 2017

Whatever the circumstances, we always expect our staff to treat patients with dignity and respect at all times. Please can you email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so that we can get this matter followed up for you and your friend.

Anonymous gave Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elderly lady's experience of Ambulatory care

What an asset to the Trust the Ambulatory Care Centre is, the smooth running of which is down to the efficiency of the staff.

We were warmly welcomed by the receptionist and made aware of the facilities available to us, the nursing staff took time to ensure Mum was comfortable, the Doctor took time and had patience to explain the condition and the treatment in terms that mum understood.

I am pleased to say that she followed instructions she and has thankfully recovered from this episode.

Thank you all once again.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 12 September 2017

That's so nice to hear - we'll pass your comments on to our ambulatory care team colleagues at the New QEII. We do hope that your mother is feeling a lot better now.

Unwell needed urgent care

My Husband visited the Urgent care centre in Welwyn Garden City , the early hours of this morning . After becoming very unwell & very weak &. Needed urgent medical help, It was than a few minutes at the reception desk , he was told no nurses or doctors are available & suggests he calls 111, are we bring a bit stupid or want , this is meant to be a 24hour urgent care centre . .I am very annoyed and angry that your Heath service can let this happen to sick people , you have closed the QE2 hospital , & definitely no 24 hour care now...I will be taking this up further with my local MP.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 28 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We're very sorry to hear about the issues you and your husband experience at the urgent care centre. We will share your feedback with senior members of the team there, but we would also encourage you to contact our complaints team should you wish for them to investigate this for you: http://www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/patient-surveys/concerns-and-complaints/

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast Clinic. Outpatient. 13th July 2017

From my GP referral I waited 2 weeks for my appointment. I arrived early as I didn't know what parking would be like but I didn't have to worry as there was lots of spaces in the car park.

Two lovely receptionists directed people where they needed to go, which was extremely helpful. My appointment was at 10.30am and there was a notice stating they were running late but I actually went in 5 minutes early.

The member of staff I saw I found extremely kind and professional as were all the other nursing staff, radiographer and doctor that I saw. I was referred for a mammogram and ultra sound and there was no agonising wait as I had the results the same day.

Thank you NHS for a brilliant service.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 14 July 2017

Thank you for your review. We're very pleased to hear that you didn't have to wait too long during your visit to our breast clinic. We'll share your feedback with the team, who will be very pleased to hear it!

I needed urgent care...

I went to the QE2 tonight as I needed urgent care for my skin which is infected and weeping and burning. After waiting 2hrs to be told they cant help me I need to see my GP. But I came to get treated in the urgent care and they said all they are, are out of hours GP' s and as for the urgent care "it's tricky". What the he'll either it's an urgent care unit or just a GP?. I argued that they wet bandage me at least and the put Vaseline on it and wrapped it. No sanitizer no cleaning the wounds just Vaseline and sent home. With yellow weeping arms and shivers.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 14 June 2017

Thank your review. We're very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience of the New QEII. We do have both an out-of-hours GP service and urgent care centre at the hospital, which is why there may have been some confusion. If you were given a timed appointment, then you would have attended the GP service - which is managed by Herts Urgent Care, rather than our Trust. If you did attend then urgent care centre however, we would be keen to share your feedback with senior members of the team. If you would be happy for us to do that, would you mind emailing us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net?

Heather McPadden gave Colorectal cancer services at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I attended the Endoscopy Unit for a Flexible Sigmoidoscopy at the hospital yesterday and was extremely pleased about my care and treatment throughout the visit.
Though the transport was very late and I thought I would not make my appointment, the very nice receptionist in the unit offered to call them and assured me I would be seen whenever I got there.
The nurse who admitted me was very pleasant and explained everything in detail and calmed any worries I had.
The team performing the examination was thorough and professional and it was over before I knew it.
i was grateful for the Recovery time and food and drink I was offered afterwards by another lovely nurse.
Very impressed by the hospital and would recommend it highly.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 16 June 2017

Thanks for the feedback Heather - the team will really enjoy reading how highly you rated their care. Wishing you the best for the future....

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fractured Ankle

Throughout my stay on the Urgent Care Unit I was treated with kindness and efficiency. All the members of the team made sure I was kept comfy and well informed of the process ahead of me. A member of the Physiotherapy Department went well beyond their duties to ensure my family were notified of my injury, taking away a lot of the anguish I was feeling.

I cannot praise highly enough the way in which I was treated at QE2 hospital throughout my ordeal.

Thank you all........

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 21 June 2017

Many thanks for the feedback, which we will share with the teams that looked after you following your recent visit to the New QEII's urgent care centre. In the meantime, may we wish you a speedy and full recovery!

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very Dissapointed

Received an appt at the breast clinic 2 weeks after visiting my GP. Was unable to see the consultant so saw the registrar in their absence only to confirm what my GP had told me. I was told no slots available for scans etc so was sent away no further forward than I was 2 weeks ago and waiting for another appt. A complete waste of time and I'm left to worry myself sick for another 2 weeks!! ... very unhappy and very worried.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Queen Elizabeth I I Hospital replied on 23 June 2017

We're very sorry that you feel let down by the breast unit team at the New QEII. This is a very worrying time for you, but if you email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net, we will ask the senior nursing team involved to see what can be done to help you further.