Emersons Green Dental Practice

Telephone: 01179109911
Address: ADP Emersons Green, 110 Emersons Way, Emersons Green, Bristol, BS16 7AS
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Daphne Beecham gave Emersons Green Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

New dentist

Like many people, I have a morbid fear of dentists - mainly through bad experiences that I've had in the past. This has turned me into a very, very nervous patient. I feel sorry for any dentist that has to deal with me. However, I recently had cause to change my dentist, and as this practice was near to where I lived, decided to register with them. From the moment of entering the building, and filling out my registration form, the reception staff couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. My initial appointment was made for the following week, but as this was only for an investigation, with x-rays taken as well, there was nothing to be afraid of. However, the following week, I needed impressions taken for a new upper denture (no problem) and a very large filling to an upper tooth. I'd already voiced how nervous I was, and steeled myself for the inevitable painful injection. However, I was very surprised when the dentist told me that the injection had been done, as I honestly never felt any any pain or discomfort whatsoever. The whole procedure was a pleasant experience, and for the first time in my life, I can truly say that I'm almost looking forward to my next visit. I received such kind, gentle, caring treatment, and think my dentistry fears might have been banished forever. What a result!!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 09 September 2014

Anonymous gave Emersons Green Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

No problems

Saw this place only had 1 review of 2 stars and thought that was a bit harsh. Been here for a number of years now and find the place excellent. Staff are nice. Communicate well, with plenty of text reminders before your appointment, and on the day itself. No problems.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 19 August 2014

Anonymous gave Emersons Green Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Too many clients on books!

I don't have any complaints about the dentists themselves. However, several times they have cancelled my appointment at short notice, or tried to. Most recently they sent me a letter cancelling my appointment with the hygienist 2 days after I had attended the same appointment, then on turning up for a check up with my 3 sons, they asked "Ooh didn't you receive a letter cancelling these appointments?" I replied that I hadn't, only a letter cancelling the appointment I had already attended. They replied that the wrong letter must have been sent out. They have no understanding of how difficult it can be to arrange to get the whole family to the dentist. They think they are the only people with busy schedules. The dentist now can't fit us all in together until the end of October, so I am now moving to a new dentist.

Once I turned up for treatment, but the piece of equipment they required was in use in another room (there was only one apparently). They then had to sterilise it before I could use it, which meant we had to return to the waiting room for half an hour. Is this the type of service we have to expect as an NHS patient? It's poor.

While I was waiting in the waiting room one time, the receptionist was explaining to a customer they couldn't have an appointment for some time, as there were now too many patients on the books at the practice and they couldn't cope! How professional and reassuring! I've had enough, so I'm off.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014