mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol

01179109911 110 Emersons Way, Emersons Green , Bristol, BS16 7AS

Anonymous gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 1 stars

Very poor

On the 3 occasions that I have been involved with the practice I have found the reception staff extremely rude and unprofessional.I escorted a lady with learning disabilities and found the way she was addressed by reception staff rude and dismissive.I am an ex dental practice manager and would not have tolerated this behaviour from any of my staff.Staff training is sadly lacking .
A shame as the dentists and nurses were very friendly . Unfortunately reception is the first point of contact and where impressions are made

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service that has been provided by our reception team. The reception team is the face of our practice and it is important to us that they provide all patients with the service they deserve. We have taken on board your comments relating to our reception team, and will provide the team with this feedback, and stress the importance of providing a good service to our patients.

Mike gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 1 stars

I dont understand how this practice functions

I rang in April with a cracked tooth and indications that the rest of the tooth is about to fall away. no pain as yet :-)
I was told that my dentist only held emergency appointments on a Thursday and to call back at 0830 that day for an appointment. I was reasonably ok with this pending no pain.
Today, Thursday 13 April , 0829 the phones are off. 0830 the phones are engaged, 0850 I get through, to be told that my dentist actually has an emergency appointment slot every day and today's had already gone. The earliest I can get an appointment with the dentist is now in May - that's over 4 weeks away. Where's the emergency you ask?
On asking what I should do should the rest of the tooth come away and I start to get pain I was told to call 111. I understand that appointments cant always be available but having to wait 4 weeks for obvious treatment is not good. Plus the burden on the NHS elsewhere to address this via 111 if required. I don't know what the answer is but there must be a better system than this? And to be given the wrong information in the first place is not only misleading but could be detrimental to patient safety (hopefully not mine).

I then proceeded to ask about the online booking system which I have been unable to register on. Receptionist unable to help, they had never used it and it was managed by another company.
Sigh.

Aside reception - which I concur with other reviews here as always being diabolical, my dentist is fabulous (when I can get to see them). Top rate, never better, and highly recommended.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 23 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service that has been provided by our practice. If you wish to speak to our patient support department in more detail about the experience you have had, you can call us on 01204 799 799 option 1 or email patientsupport@mydentist.co.uk, where a member of the team would like to discuss your concerns.

Anonymous gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 1 stars

Dentist dismissive

Went with concerns about one tooth, left with a new filling in a different tooth. Even though they wrote composite filling on my Patient treatment plan, they put in a silver filling without consulting me. Damaged my gums. Dismissive of what I was telling them regarding my previous dental history. Overall abysmal experience.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 25 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service that has been provided by our practice. We have taken your comments on board, and your concerns and will always look to improve the way we work so that it is suitable for our patients. If you wish to speak to our patient support department in more detail about the experience you have had, you can call us on 01204 799 799 option 1 or email patientsupport@mydentist.co.uk, where a member of the team would like to discuss your concerns.

Anonymous gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dentist, very friendly reception team

Visited the surgery today, very nervous patient. Receptionists facing system issues, very apologetic for delays in printing forms, Saw dentist, also amazing. No treatment needed, but suggests hygienest. everything explained. Not sure where everyone else is going, the reception team are amazing.!!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 12 October 2016

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 24 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the practice in the future.

Karen Mac gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 5 stars

scared of the dentist

I've been to this practice a couple of times now and can't praise them enough, the reception staff are incredibly friendly and the dentist and dental nurse were kind and helpful, I had a check up Monday with no problems then the following day had toothache, it was nothing the dentist had done, just pure coincidence, they fitted me in straight away, quick X-ray and antibiotics and I'm on the mend, I've always been scared to go to the dentist but I'm overcoming my fears, thank you

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 28 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the practice in the future.

gary gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 5 stars

my visit

to say I'm not a visitor to a dentist is a understatement, getting on a bit now I decided its time to go (a very minor abscess had nothing to do with it I look like a rooster lol ) appointment attended to today with the dentist and their amazing assistant. As my consultation started I began to feel well lets say sleepy, the 2 people were amazing both with support and treatment through out - not rushed no panic ( well only me) and even said no problems to seeing me again by fitting me in on Friday. Not wanting to flood your practice with millions of people asking for you, id just like to say thanks and let everyone know if you people are the level of doctors there your gonna be very busy
Gary

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 30 June 2016

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 30 June 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and for taking the time to leave them; it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the practice in the future.

Roy Overall gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 4 stars

with thanks

having been refered to this clinic i was a little apprehensive need not have worried i was greeted and treated with respect and kindnest throughout everything was explained to me as we went along the nurses and staff was very helpful and very friendly had three teeth out yesterday and no pain today thats what i call good service once again many thanks to all the staff for first class treatment

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 15 January 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you very much for the very kind comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and for taking the time to leave them; it is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the practice in the future.

Kind Regards, Practice Manager

Oakley1 gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 5 stars

Briliant Dentist

I have been at this dentist for a number of years and have always had great service. My children and I see the same dentist every time and the dentist is brilliant with explaining what they are doing and making sure you are pain free. I am very nervous at the dentist but the whole experience is made a little easier here. I have to say they are fantastic with children also.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 01 December 2015

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 07 December 2015

Kind Regards, Practice Manager

Howlader gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

i am very happy with the treatment. The doctor and the reception staffs are very freindly. Thanks

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 December 2015

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 07 December 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you are happy with our practice and do hope that your satisfaction continues. Should you have any present concerns please let me know.

Practice Manager

Roger gave mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol a rating of 3 stars

Good dental treatment awful reception staff

Always good dental treatment received from this practice but the reception staff should never be working in a customer faced position. No interpersonal skills at all, no awareness of what is happening around them, no acknowledgement of people approaching the reception and not even a glance up from desk. Don't be surprised if you have wait an hour because the receptionist fails to mark you as arrived. This has been going on for years and needs to be sorted. This practice needs to employ caring customer focused reception staff that are capable of matching the quality of the service provided by the dentists.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 22 September 2015

mydentist, Emerson’s Way, Bristol replied on 27 November 2015

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your comment.

I am very sorry to hear of your recent experience, please could you call the patient support team on 01204799799 to discuss your concern further.

Leanne Garvey - Senior Patient Support Officer