Amber Valley Dental Practice

01773 540648 28a Pentrich Road, Swanwick , Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 1BQ

Anonymous gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Receptionist at the Dental surgery

Been to the Surgery over the last two months a number of times relating to the treatment that I have been having.
I will state that my grudge is not with the dentist - the treatment I have received is great and very informative.

My complaint would be with the receptionist - very rude and uninterested with comments and feedback given.
On the last visit I made I was informed that the dentist was running 20 minutes behind and that it was not a problem because they would catch up! What I was advised of 20 minutes was not a problem - I did have time to wait but was told basically that if I didn't want to wait then I could make another appointment - what!! how inconsiderate of this person. No one wants to wait - especially when you are given an appointment time to begin with - what I must say is that your appointment system is not working - and you need to get this under control........ Maybe send the receptionist for some customer service training and make your customers feel valued...
I hope that as a practice that you follow this up and monitor complaints.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 February 2017

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 24 March 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I apologise you felt our receptionist didn't offer you adequate customer service and will speak to the team as a whole regarding your visit. As you have posted anonymously, it is impossible to know who would have been on our reception this day therefore if you would like to contact the surgery directly we can look in to your issues in more depth and speak with the receptionist in question on the day of your visit directly.

Excellent

A lovely practice every time me and my family go in we immediately feel relaxed. All of the staff are friendly and helpful, the dentist we see puts us at ease straight away. Everything is always explained to us and and he is fantastic with my small children. Never seem to have a problem getting an appointment. Would definitely recommend this practice to family and friends.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 19 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback. At Amber Valley we strive to achieve the highest standards for our patients. We are really pleased you and your family have had good experiences when visiting us and aim to ensure this level of service continues on your future visits.

Very caring dental practice

After a very bad childhood dental experience I was terrified of dentists and so didn't visit them as often as I should - a couple of weeks ago one of my teeth broke away and was very uncomfortable and painful. As I wasn't registered anywhere I went to this practice and it has now been sorted out -all the staff were very caring and understanding and explained everything to me I have now made a check up appt in 6 months time and am no longer afraid.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 29 September 2016

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 04 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your visit to Amber Valley Dental Practice. We always aim to exceed patients expectations when visiting our practice so it is always rewarding to hear that our hard work has resulted in a positive dental experience for our patients. As always we will strive to ensure on your next visit you experience the same high standard of care and understanding. I will make sure this comment is passed along to all members of our team.

Anonymous gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Wish i`d Never used them

I should have realised what the Practice was going to be, after providing my details, then they lost them after my 1st visit. I've never been seen on time, as per the appointment. I had to claim back costs, for treatment I shouldn't have had to pay for. I was given wrong information about caps, and White Fillings. A denture I was given, but didn't want never fitted or worked. and the Cap I had fitted never matches.The list could go on, need I say more ?

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 16 September 2016

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 22 September 2016

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the service you received from us.
We are constantly looking at ways to improve the service we offer our patients and your feedback is really appreciated. You may contact the practice manager to discuss any of the concerns you have stated in your review.

Face ache gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Had big problems with the sorry state of my molars after a lifetime of hedonism and have struggled to find help in dealing with my smile avoidance from shame in exposing them but have found solace in a dentist with fine hands and thorough polishing and scraping work who has left me happy! Thanks!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 28 July 2016

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 03 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in ensuring our patients visit and leave our practice happy and are really glad you felt this way. We look forward to seeing you for your future visits.

A.B. gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care

I have been a patient for almost 2 years. I am very happy with the service that is provided every time I attend to my appointments. The dentist makes me feel welcome and comfortable. The rest of the staff is also very friendly. It is a great environment.
The dentist inspires confidence by her smile and by her wealth of knowledge, skill, and professionalism.
Thank you for everything.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 28 January 2016

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 04 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your visit at our practice. We are very happy to hear you're pleased with the service you have received. I will ensure your comments are passed along to the rest of the team.

Anonymous gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

absolutely disgusted

i have been going to this dentist a few years and thankfully never needed much doing. A few months ago I needed a filling and waited in the waiting room an hour before being seen as the dentist was running late. The dentist then was unapologetic and somehow after making me suffer managed to make e tooth next to the one they filled start to hurt as well ! Unbelievable. Anyway, I then had a check up a few months after and walked in the waiting room to be asked by the receptionist could I rebook as the dentist was running very late which luckily I didn't mind as I had lots to do that afternoon so I obliged. I then turned up a few weeks after to see a full waiting room so I asked how long the wait was and told maybe 45 mins so I yet again re booked as had my two young sons with me.
Today's appointment has really made me very upset and angry. I rang to check how late the dentist was running before I left to be told the dentist was running late and instead of my appointment at 3.40 I could come at 4.15 instead. I arrived at this time but had to wait behind two elderly people at the desk before I could book in a good 5/10 minutes which is no fault of mine. I then waited patiently while people went in and even someone who arrived after me went in which I thought was odd. Then as I was starting to get impatient after 65 minutes of waiting, I noticed someone who appeared in normal clothes walk in and straight to the back where the dentists rooms are carrying car keys. I immediately thought I bet that's my dentists lift home! Then to my amazement the receptionist called me over to say the dentist has messaged me to say they wont see you now as you were late you need to rebook!!! I just looked at them in shock. They admitted they had told the dentist I had to wait due to a queue but the dentist wasn't interested. I am so annoyed and feel fuming. How rude and completely unprofessional. They basically wanted to go home and couldn't be bothered. I stormed out saying I will go elsewhere. This practice is disgusting nowadays and I would not recommend to anyone

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 05 October 2015

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 07 October 2015

We are truly sorry to read that you were unhappy with the service you received from us.
At Amber Valley dental practice we take all patients feedback and concerns seriously and we are constantly looking into ways of improving the services that we offer. We would be very grateful if you could contact the practice manager directly to go through any issues you may have had during your visits to us so we can look thoroughly into your concerns. We would very much value any further direct and detailed feedback you could offer us.

Mrs. S gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Great dentist, very professional, gentle and informative. Great with my kids. Very patient. We Will certainly be going back to this dentist again.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 21 September 2015

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 22 September 2015

Thank you for your feedback.
At our dental practice we work very hard to provide our patients with a high level of dental care. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we thank you for taking valuable time out of your day to visit NHS Choices and share your positive experience.
We will make sure that the team hears about your excellent feedback and we are glad that you like our practice, we are very proud of it.
We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Anonymous gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dentist, have recommended to a few friends.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Dentist but this one has restored my faith. Only been registered here for a few months but in that time I have had quite major work done, one extraction that the dentist said was in their top 10 of most difficult extractions. This took 40 mins but the whole time I didn't feel any pain, not even the anaesthetic injections. I felt relaxed and at ease through the whole process. Very professional and caring and no problems after apart from the pain from the 40 minute extraction.

After this I had to return for fillings, with no hesitation this was a pain free and pleasant (as can be) experience.

Over all I am very impressed with the service I have received from the team at Amber Valley Dental Practise and finally feel I have found a decent dentist.

Professional, caring, clean environment.

I have already recommended this practise to friends and family.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 March 2015

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 26 March 2015

Thank you for your feedback.
We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with the service provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to leave this comment.
I will pass your comments on to the team.

Denise Tester gave Amber Valley Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Dentist don't stay very long, before moving on.

I have been attending the surgery for several years, and on the whole I am fairly satisfied. My main concern is that I am nervous about dentists, and several times now I have seen a dentist, grown to trust him or her, only to return for an appointment to find, that, that person has left and been replaced with someone else. The dentists don’t seem to stay very long. Having said that, after the whole process of nerves, and initial appointments, with the new people, every one of them has been polite, professional and reassuring. Being able to trust someone not to hurt you, is paramount, and if you have never seen the person before, its very unnerving.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 27 November 2014

Amber Valley Dental Practice replied on 01 December 2014

We are very pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services, and we thank you for leaving us great feedback.
At our dental practice we work very hard to provide our patients with a high level of dental care. So, we feel honoured when our patients take valuable time out of their day to visit NHS Choices and share their positive experiences.
In regards to the dentist turn over, we have had a few dentists relocating and most staying within the company but at another practice. We feel that the team is very settled now and do not foresee dentists changing in the near future.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.