Great Shelford Dental Surgery

01223 843567 19 Woollards Lane, Cambridge , Cambs, CB22 5LZ

Andy Bacon gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

New patient

Wasn't sure what to expect from the practice after not going to the dentist for several years, but I have to say to my surprise it was a very relaxing and extremely professional experience. The whole process from registering to the treatment itself was first class. I was greeted well at reception and by the dentist who treated me was very polite, professional and efficient, I felt at ease the whole time. I really can't praise the practise enough and must congratulate everyone involved.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 January 2017

Nhs patient experience @ Great Shelford dental surgery

The Practice is run very well with good communication systems in place. Patients can use on-line services and receive reminders for appointments prior to visits.Staff from reception to Surgery are all very pleasant and highly efficient.The reception area is welcoming with comfortable seating in the waiting area and modern decoration.The upstairs surgery which I am treated in has modern equipment and a comfortable reclining treatment chair. The Dental practitioner is extremely pleasant, putting me last ease and explaining everything they do together with aftercare advice.I have had regular check-ups,X-rays & fillings and am very satisfied with my treatment so far.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 December 2016

EH gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A gem of a practice

I joined the practice a year ago and have had excellent treatment. The staff are all very friendly and put me at ease straight away. Clean, well maintained premises and excellent staff. The treatment provided by both the dentist and hygienist was very high quality.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 22 October 2016

Emergency swiftly dealt with

Half a tooth fell out last Saturday morning 22/10/16. I phoned surgery 8.45 am 24/10/16 saw my own dentist 11.30 who put in a temporary filling and arranged to see me for a 45min appt on 27/10/16 to complete the procedure. What wonderful service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 October 2016

New Patient

I have only just joined this practice after a bad experience at my previous dentist. I was seen in a surgery upstairs. The examination was very thorough, I have to return for some treatment which I will be nervous about but due to the kind and understanding nature of the dentist and nurse I feel I will regain my confidence

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 18 October 2016

DHarry gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

This is by far the best practice I have visited. Appointments were made at a convenient time. All staff were very welcoming and the dentist gave me all the options and involved me in my treatment. Clean, friendly practice which I would highly recommend.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 19 October 2016

Anonymous gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

One member of staff

One member of staff at great shelford didn't make me feel welcome at all during my visit. This member of staff is usually at reception so should know how to treat customers but most of all they should know how to treat other staff members with respect! Sticking their finger up to another member of staff is not acceptable.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 October 2016

Anonymous gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience with young children

Dentist was great with my two children (age 3 and 5) at their dental check ups on Monday 1st Feb. Their personality and approach were so refreshing and they interacted brilliantly with my children who were quite apprehensive about visiting the dentist. They really took the time to put them at ease and also passed on all the relevant information to myself and to them.
Many thanks indeed for a fabulous service.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 February 2016

Anonymous gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Terrible. Avoid

Terrible dental practice. Appointments cancelled twice with no warning because the dentist was late for work and my husband was told he couldn't be seen and lost half day work as result. Another dentist failed to diagnose tooth decay in my son's molar. Avoid, avoid.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 05 February 2016

Anonymous gave Great Shelford Dental Surgery a rating of 3 stars

A check up - without touching my teeth!

I had a check up and the first question the dentist asked me, before even looking in my mouth, was how often I visited the hygienist. My check up consisted of the dentist using only a mirror to have a quick glance at my teeth. This was the first check up I have had where the dentist did not touch any of my teeth. So, there was no check to ensure my fillings were sound, or to check for any other problems. The dentist did tell me that my teeth had a build up of tartar - but did nothing about it, other than mention the hygienist again. An NHS check up is meant to include a scale and polish if needed, but the dentist repeatedly pushed the services of the hygienist. In summary, I would say that my check up was a waste of time and money.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 December 2015