Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Oriel Villas Dental Practice

Telephone: 01242 523531
Address: 1, Oriel Villas, Oriel Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1XN
Website: http://orielvillasdental.com

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Avoid this dentist

Avoid this dentist. Not very good if you are nervous, dentist didnt spend very long looking at teeth, no polish or scale. Dentist didnt like it that I wanted to be refered to a sedation clinic. Have decided to look for another nhs dentist.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Great Dental Experience

I had a dental appointment today and was very happy with the dentist and nurse who treated me as I am a very nervous patient. I was put at ease because they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Oriel Villas Dental Review

Not very often a person can say honestly that they enjoyed thier visit to the dentist. I found all staff charming and helpful, my treatment options as well as any costs was explained to me very well, and i naturally felt right at ease to the extent that it was almost a pleasure. I highly recommend this practice for its polliteness, kindness , efficiency and the excellent service and treatment that they all provide.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

No longer fearful

As a former dentist-phobic, I was determined not to pass my fear onto my young son, so signed us both up here as they were accepting new NHS patients. The dentist was extremely kind & gentle to both of us from the start, and has carried out one minor procedure with plenty of discussion & no pain! My husband has also switched to this practice from the private one he used to go to and had also had excellent service. Charges for his procedure were also fully explained and advice given on the most cost effective options. Either dentistry in general has changed a lot in the last few decades (I'd avoided going since teenage years) or the dentist is a particularly good dentist!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Dean McLeod gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent dental practice

I hadn't been to the dentist for quite a few years, having had a bad experience when I was 15; consequently I was very nervous about the whole thing. I had to have 2 extractions, 3 fillings and opted to have temporary dentures. My dentist and their assistant made the whole thing bearable, and I was very pleased with the level of care I received from them. I opted to go to this dentist after seeing their excellent reviews and these reviews are completely justified. I would have no hesitation in recommending Oriel Dental practice to anyone.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 12 February 2015

Anonymous reviewed Oriel Villas Dental Practice

Excellent & professional staff

All of the staff here are very welcoming and kind. They appear to be a strong unified team. The entire process was seamless. This is how dentistry should be practiced evrywhere.

Well done !

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 04 December 2014

j. mcalary gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

incompetent reception staff

Having registered my family at this dentist in the summer 2014 I made oue first appointment for mid october only to be told when I arrived that one didn't exist and Although my children had been registered I had not ?? Athough slightly annoyed at the time wasted the receptionist made me another appointment for Nov. Subsequently an apointment was made for me to see my childs teacher at 2.15 so I called the dentist to enquire about changing time. Unfortunately the alternatives were not suitable so I asked the receptionist to stick to my original booking please. Upon arrival We were told that the appointment had been changed to the following week at a time when my children are still at school. How can one practice reception be so completely incompetent. I have lost 2 hours pay from work and parking fees. If this situation was flipped and I had wasted the practice time I have no doubt that I would either be charged'struck off or both.
Double standards

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 20 November 2014

Oriel Villas Dental Practice replied on 28 November 2014

Our apologies that you had an unpleasant experience regarding your appointment at our dental practice. Unfortunetly when this appointment was made we were undergoing a severe staff shortage due to long term sickness. Although this does not excuse any mistakes made we offer our sincere apologies and I would also like to confirm that a refund on your parking fees was offered at the time and is still available to you. As part of our recent reception training this issue has been brought to the attention of all staff to hopefully improve services in the future. It is our aim as a practice to provide a good quality service and commitment to all of our patients.

Tom gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Happy with treatment

I am very happy with my treatment and dentist. Very understanding and compassionate. Always reassures me and checks to see if Im ok.
Friendly helpful staff

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 December 2014

Best ever dentist.

What I liked
Extremely friendly and polite staff. Always smiling.
Fantastic dentist and gentle.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 December 2014

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great practice great service!

After not going to the dentist for nearly 10 years I finally decided to face my fears and go and see one, I am so glad that I picked this practice the treatment was excellent and the staff were very attentive and understanding about my phobia of going to the dentist, the receptionists were extremely kind and caring and made me feel at ease from the moment I walked through the door.
Great practice! Thank you very much!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 04 September 2014