Check here for alerts

Oriel Villas Dental Practice

01242 523531 1, Oriel Villas, Oriel Road , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1XN

Mrs. White gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

I couldn't recommend this practise highly enough, maybe I was lucky with timings but as an NHS patient I was able to enroll just three months after initial enquiry, I was happy with that because having read reviews and the location it was the right one for me. Very friendly staff, and when I needed to see a dentist at short notice I was accommodated. My only slight criticism would be the reception staff, they're not quite as polished and need to remember the waiting room can hear everything they say!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Terrible customer service at the reception desk

Dentist care very good. The staff at the reception however, very abrupt if you have a problem. It happens to me now on two occasions when the reception staff was rude to m. The first time it was fault of their own, when I have arrived for my appointment which I have booked online, I have been advised that the website was down and the appointments have not been acctualy booked, even though I had confirmation on my email. There was not genuin apologies from the receptionist, they said, well this didn't happen only to me and they can't do anything. Today was the second time, where I have booked the hygienist appointment a month ago and paid a deposit of a £30 in advance. I have at last minute realised that I'm not going to make it, as my baby wasn't very well and didn't realise what time it was. I called them straight away to see if they could kindly move the appointment. I understand I have missed the appointment but sometimes emergency happened. They even didn't try to get this sorted for me and just said that to book another appointment I would have to pay another £30! I understand, it was my fault but a basic customer service would at least given you one more chance. That's terrible customer service from the clinic, I will never go back there again and I would definitely not going to recommend to my friends and family.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not interested in NHS patients.

It's been 6 months since they referred me but I still have not had an appointment to have the tooth out. They told me it's not their problem. I've been there twice & have been in there less than two minutes each time. Checked my teeth but nothing else. The tooth could be taken out by dentist but your not paying, so they make excuses for why they can't do it. Won't be going back. It would be quicker if I pulled my tooth out myself, unhelpful & uninterested.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 September 2016

Oriel Villas Dental Practice replied on 05 September 2016

I am sorry you have had to wait a long time for your referred treatment to another clinic. Because I do not have your name I am unable to look up your notes for clarification of your situation. Unfortunately we have no control over the waiting times at other clinics when we refer a patient for treatment elsewhere. We are more than happy to check on any referrals sent out for our patients if needed. If you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Anonymous reviewed Oriel Villas Dental Practice

Excellent Practice

I cannot recommend this practice highly enough, the staff are very helpful and professional , very friendly and great at putting your mind at rest if you are nervous at all. The dental work is excellent and the practice is beautiful.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 September 2016

Very pleased

Was able to book online with no issues and got an appointment in less than a week.
The dentist was very friendly and gave helpful advice.
Would definitely recommend.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 20 June 2016

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely disgusted! Is it because Im not private?

Not only did it take many weeks to arrange an appointment; when I asked to be put on the cancellation list, it was not communicated and not done. I tried to call to arrange another appointment but was only able to get to voicemail. I left two messages on the Monday and heard nothing until Thursday; when I tried again and had to leave another voicemail. Are there no staff maning the phones? I would have been happy to just rearrange another appointment but am so fed up with the service that I am cancelling the appointment and going to another dentist! Is this because I am on the NHS? Why should I be treated this way? Or am I over thinking and its just that the staff are completely useless at their job!? Either way, I am extremely disgusted with how I have been treated and want to make sure that others are aware of this!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016

Oriel Villas Dental Practice replied on 22 July 2016

I am sorry you experienced a difficult time communicating with our practice. We do our very best to help our patients rearrange appointments when needed however, we do not have a voicemail service so I am unsure how you were able to leave a message for us. All of our patients, both NHS and private, are treated with the same respect and we do our utmost to provide good service to all of our patients.

Excellent service

After breaking a tooth I rang the dentists and a very helpful receptionist managed to make me an appointment the same day. After examination the dentist explained fully the options and costs. The dentist carried out a strong and secure repair with the option of a permanent crown at a later date. Brilliant service , well impressed.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 21 March 2016

John Hodgkins gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

great treatment

I have been attending this dentist practice since moving to Cheltenham 2 years ago. I cannot speak too highly of the dentist. The dentist is friendly, approachable and above all, extremely competent. I am 100% happy I chose this practice.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 11 December 2015

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Communication is poor

I arrived at this dentist early for my appointment, booked in told them who I was seeing. After waiting 30 minutes as arrived early, was then told by reception that they had changed my appointment with a different dentist. Then when I finally saw the dentist they were 30 minutes late, this is not good customer service. I feel they should of made that decision 24hours before my appointment and rang me to let me know. The dentist was very nice and professional my anxiety calmed down and will be returning for treatment. Cant believe have to wait 5 weeks for this.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 15 September 2015

Great Dental Experience

I had a dental appointment today and was very happy with the dentist and nurse who treated me as I am a very nervous patient. I was put at ease because they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015