Oriel Villas Dental Practice

01242 523531 1, Oriel Villas, Oriel Road , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1XN

Great Dental Practice

I visited this dentist the other day in pain and I was very nervous. All of the staff put me at ease from the beginning. Reception, and the dentist and their nurse were very helpful. I would highly recommend this practice. Thanks for the great care!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Excellent Practice

I have had many visits over the past year or so, and i have to say i was overjoyed with my whole experience, on the very odd occasion i had a query and the manager there was really helpful, providing me with the answers i needed, all i can say is other practices i have attended never had a manager with their calming proffessional approach , and i find that very refreshing. Other practices could learn a lot from them and indeed your whole practice. Thankyou.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Jess gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Friendly reception team always welcoming excellent dentists

Excellent dentists who alwyas explain everything well to me wonderful nurses and lovley receptionists a really lovely working team who always make my experience pleasant. Have been coming for years and will still continue to be coming. The reception team work very hard i always see them busy on the phones and helping people out at the desk a wonderful dentist all round.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

PaulCain gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Highly Skilled,Efficient Surgeons.Friendly Team.

FirstClass Service.Technical Services Carried Out That Otherwise Would Require Hospital Treatment.Superb Team,Very Accommodating.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

very poor reception cover

Dentists vary a bit, but overall are OK. Have had a couple of experiences of dental nurses being very rough. But reception, what can I say, they let the phone ring and ring. I have friends at the same surgery, who experience the same. Recently I made numerous attempts to get through on the phone, and in the end gave up. I then start getting letters, 3 in total, reminding me to make my check up by ringing the surgery. I'm sure the idea is to encourage people to use online booking, however this is not always convenient, plus many elderly people do not use the internet and prefer to telephone. I have been in the waiting room and watched the girls chatting merrily to each other whilst the phone is ringing. This really does need addressing if the surgery wish to have a credible reputation.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 June 2017

Mrs. White gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional

I couldn't recommend this practise highly enough, maybe I was lucky with timings but as an NHS patient I was able to enroll just three months after initial enquiry, I was happy with that because having read reviews and the location it was the right one for me. Very friendly staff, and when I needed to see a dentist at short notice I was accommodated. My only slight criticism would be the reception staff, they're not quite as polished and need to remember the waiting room can hear everything they say!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Terrible customer service at the reception desk

Dentist care very good. The staff at the reception however, very abrupt if you have a problem. It happens to me now on two occasions when the reception staff was rude to m. The first time it was fault of their own, when I have arrived for my appointment which I have booked online, I have been advised that the website was down and the appointments have not been acctualy booked, even though I had confirmation on my email. There was not genuin apologies from the receptionist, they said, well this didn't happen only to me and they can't do anything. Today was the second time, where I have booked the hygienist appointment a month ago and paid a deposit of a £30 in advance. I have at last minute realised that I'm not going to make it, as my baby wasn't very well and didn't realise what time it was. I called them straight away to see if they could kindly move the appointment. I understand I have missed the appointment but sometimes emergency happened. They even didn't try to get this sorted for me and just said that to book another appointment I would have to pay another £30! I understand, it was my fault but a basic customer service would at least given you one more chance. That's terrible customer service from the clinic, I will never go back there again and I would definitely not going to recommend to my friends and family.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Oriel Villas Dental Practice replied on 13 December 2016

I am sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our reception staff. We try our hardest to help every one of our patients with any problems they may have. Our practice hygiene policy states that we take a £30 deposit to reserve a hygiene appointment as in the past we have experienced many failed appointments with our hygienistt. This helps reduce our waiting times for our other patients who need a hygiene appointment. If a patient needs to cancel and calls us to let us know, even at short notice, we may be able to fill the appointment with another patient who is in need and who can come at short notice. We look at every patients situation individually and understand emergencies happen but because I don't know your name I cannot comment on your individual situation to help you.

Anonymous gave Oriel Villas Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not interested in NHS patients.

It's been 6 months since they referred me but I still have not had an appointment to have the tooth out. They told me it's not their problem. I've been there twice & have been in there less than two minutes each time. Checked my teeth but nothing else. The tooth could be taken out by dentist but your not paying, so they make excuses for why they can't do it. Won't be going back. It would be quicker if I pulled my tooth out myself, unhelpful & uninterested.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 September 2016

Oriel Villas Dental Practice replied on 05 September 2016

I am sorry you have had to wait a long time for your referred treatment to another clinic. Because I do not have your name I am unable to look up your notes for clarification of your situation. Unfortunately we have no control over the waiting times at other clinics when we refer a patient for treatment elsewhere. We are more than happy to check on any referrals sent out for our patients if needed. If you need any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to let us know.

Anonymous reviewed Oriel Villas Dental Practice

Excellent Practice

I cannot recommend this practice highly enough, the staff are very helpful and professional , very friendly and great at putting your mind at rest if you are nervous at all. The dental work is excellent and the practice is beautiful.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 September 2016

Very pleased

Was able to book online with no issues and got an appointment in less than a week.
The dentist was very friendly and gave helpful advice.
Would definitely recommend.