The Smile Centre

0115 9864741 5 Victoria Embankment , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 2JY

AJ gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

exeptional service

What can I say, from the initial telephone call to the final visit I have been treated with the greatest care, a friend recommend you and I will be happy to further do as such to my friends and family

AJ

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Exceptional set

I attended for implant surgery and you have restored my smile i am truly grateful to you
I would like to especially thank the nurse who was so compassionate throughout the procedure as they knew how nervous i was
I will certainly recommend you

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 17 May 2017

Dear Valued Patient

I am delighted that you have shared your feedback about your experience with the service we provided for you and are very grateful that you are recommending us.
We would like to express our thanks for choosing to use us as your service provider and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. Your feedback will be shared with the team in our next meeting.

Nina Taylor
Practice manager

happy kids

I visited the practice with my children for their check ups, the kids had come straight from school and were very grumpy, the nurse in the room with the dentist was very friendly and chatty with my kids, they all received a sticker after and left with a smile.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 17 February 2017

We are happy to hear that yourself and your children had a positive experience here at the practice, we always aim to act in the best interest of our patients and are pleased yourself and your family left smiling, this will be passed on to the team.

Anonymous gave The Smile Centre a rating of 4 stars

They have the best hygienist I've ever met

Yes, the surgery is outdated and there's no where to chain a bike. I'm not even sure it's disabled friendly. I've been a patient for about ten years. Always been happy with the dentist and hygienists bar one (no longer works there). Thank god they left. They were awful and patronising, they had a conversation with the nurse about me as if I wasn't in the room. Then there was another hygienist who clearly had issues with the dental nurse. In fact I'd say they were bullying the dental nurse. I saw them maybe three or four times. It was a very uncomfortable atmosphere. Anyway they left. The hygienist I use currently use (Nov 2016) is really lovely, so polite and courteous and competent.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 February 2017

Simon M gave The Smile Centre a rating of 1 stars

Totally disorganised - a shambles

First of all I should say that the dentist is very professional and conscientious, and took time to explain my treatment options on the phone. Unfortunately they are let down by a shambolically disorganised practice.

I attended here as a new patient in October. My initial check-up was split into two short appointments, as was my first hygienist appointment, meaning that I had to attend the practice on four different occasions. None of these appointments can have been more than 15 minutes long, and they all felt rushed; it is painfully obvious that they are trying to cram as many patients into each day as they can.

On my third appointment there was finally time to take some x-rays. When I rang a couple of weeks later to check the results I was told that I would have been contacted if there were any problems. An hour later I had a call from the dentist themselves to tell me that I urgently needed root canal work and that they had asked the receptionist to contact me as soon as they saw my x-rays.

As there were some complications it was agreed that I would be referred have this work done privately. A month later, having heard nothing, I rang the Smile Centre to ask what was happening. I was told by the receptionist that they would find out and call me back immediately. Another month has since elapsed and I am still waiting for that call. It is now nearly three months since I had my x-rays taken and I am no closer to having the treatment I need.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 January 2017

Happy patient

Friendly and approachable staff. Very happy patient. Have already recommended to my friends.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

The Smile Centre replied on 07 February 2017

We Thank you for your kind comments about the staff and service here at the Smile Centre. We aim to deliver high quality care in a caring and friendly environment and appreciate you took the time to let us know how we are doing.

Excellent service

I haven/t been to the dentist for over 30 years due to previously poor service and fear of pain. I could not fault the care I received here and would recommend this service to anyone, the staff were polite and helpful, appointments were always on time. and I have new teeth I'm delighted with. I cannot speak too highly of this practice.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 29 December 2016

The Smile Centre replied on 04 January 2017

We would like to thank you for your kind comments on the treatment / service you received here at the practice, we always aim to provide high quality care to all of our patients and thank you for taking the time to pass on these good words, I will make sure to pass on to all staff.

Linda Clark gave The Smile Centre a rating of 1 stars

Very disappointed with the treatment received over the years

After being a patient for over 10 years I have gone from needing a scale and polish every 6 months when it had to be paid for seperately, to being told I was not entitled to this under the Band 1 NHS price. Now under a new dentist I need a scale and polish every 3 months and periodontal treatment, paying price Band 2 of £53.40. I was given 2 appointments to take measurements of my gums and was told they could not be done in 1 appointment. Today I have been told to go back again in 3 months to have a review of the measurements taken, for which I will need to pay privately. So this year's fees are already in excess of £80 compared to the usual £19.70 per year.To be honest I don't know who to believe or trust at the practice any more.When visiting with my children I found the dentist flippant when asked a question and didn't seem interested in answering. My daughter asked if the teeth coming through were wisdom teeth and the dentist replied "no", My son asked about a stain in his tooth and the dentist said it didn't matter, but he should pay privately for bite guards as he grinds his teeth, which has never been mentioned before.. I would appreciate someone telling me exactly what is included in the NHS price bands as I am confused to say the least. I believe in the NHS, but am now questioning the service and care received at the dentist.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 December 2016

Friendly staff

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Reveption staff answered all the questions i had.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Elphee gave The Smile Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hygienist and dentist for filling

An amazing dental surgery. They have taken away all my fears, always attentive, patient and excellent pain control. I had not seen a hygienist for years following several bad experiences...today was amazing, the hygienist listened to my sensitivity and I now cannot wait for my next appointment..I came out smiling! And the dementia did a deep filling and there was no pain and they were patient when they kept having to stop because of my fear. Brilliant, I now dread the dentist soooo much less and do not dread the hygienist at all!! Brilliant, fabulous!!! Highly recommend.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016