Brimington Dental Practice

01246 278204 2a Chesterfield Road, Brimington , Chesterfield, S43 1AD

Nicola Preskey gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

So far so good with this practice.

I am very happy with this dental practice. I had been at my last dentist for two or three years and had had no treatment apart from the usual cleaning and polishing. I was told there was no need for any treatment for any of my teeth even when I'd mentioned issues with a partially covered wisdom tooth an also small cavities which I could see myself.

On my first visit to this dentist I was given appointments for fillings and also antibiotics as the partially covered wisdom tooth had become infected (which my previous dentist had said was absolutely fine even though it hurt and tasted bad) and also given a mouth guard to wear at night as I seem to be a bit of a tooth grinder!

It is reassuring to me that I am now at a dentist that is solving my issues and I look forward to my next visit in 6 months time.

The staff are kind and welcoming and have been so every time I've been.

Thank you for your help.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Brimington Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

A decent dentist

I first visted this practise after a lengthy time of no dental visits, due to unnecessary treatment elsewhere. From day 1 I have been totally satisfied by my level of treatment. The dentist and receptionists are always approachable & informative.I have recommended Brimmington dental surgery to my friends.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Brimington Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Tereible

I went in with a toothache and was treated for this . Had a root canal and what felt like bleach, down my throat, and it burned like hell and made me choke. I wasn't given a treatment plan for any other work to get done. I asked about it and I was told it wasn't needed, even though I had three broken teeth and I hadn't seen a dentist for 4 years. Very much doubt I did not need anything else doing. And now two months later I'm having toothache again from one of the broken teeth. I also had to leave half way through a clean and polish cause it hurt like hell and I wasn't offered any more anesthesia and rather politely asked if I wanted to leave it "for today". Then I wasn't asked to get an appointment to finish it off, neither a 6 month check up. Do not recommend the place. Avoid!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 12 April 2017

These are untrue allegations because the practice's policy is (1) we do not provide emergency treatment to new unregistered patients at all (2) the first appointment is for check up and treatment plan. The plan is explained to patient in detail then sent to reception to be explained again in broad terms and priced according to the three NHS treatment Bands (3) if the patient agreed to it he/she will book the first appointment for a clean only. The rest of the treatment will follow in separate appointment (4)we do not ignore any problems, however, if the oral hygiene is very poor we insist that the patient complies with simple brushing/cleaning instructions before any further treatment is provided. Therefore, all that's been written is NOT true and we refuse to provide more details until we know exactly who the patient was.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

I am a very happy patient

It was the first time for me to visit this clinic, drove all the way from Birmingham to it, it was worth every mile and every minute that I spent to go there.

Went from my home with big problem with my tooth, returned back home after treatment with big smile, not because it was nearly new year but I felt that the dentist worked like a Jewellery maker, very confidant with their work, very professional and expert.

I will arrange all my treatment to do it in this clinic.
Thanks to all the welcoming staff, Manager, nurses and receptionists.
Best regards

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 01 January 2016

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 12 January 2016

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments. It is these wards that make our work so much enjoyable and satisfying.

Newton gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Don't bother!

My elderly mother was disregistered by the practice because she cancelled 2 appointments in 12 months! The twice that she cancelled, she was ill and cancelled the appointment before the time. The staff are rude and when I requested a call from the practice manager to discuss the grievance, nobody bothered returning my call. The only reason this was her chosen practice is because of the close proximity to her home but now she has to travel to another practice even though she is disabled.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 11 May 2016

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 11 November 2016

Patient give all sorts of reasons for not attending their appointments, some are truthful others are excuses. We do not play Gods here and the rule of two failed attendance or late cancelation applies to everyone. some patients will write to apologise and we give them another chance. We have targets set by the NHS and we display the number of failed attendance which runs at 126-150 appointments per months.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Would not recommend

Poor treatment, paid for treatment never received under the guise of being "NHS" requirements. Problem with language barrier and the inability to explain themselves clearly. Apparently they don't receive monies from the NHS they only get a wage - Boo Hoo!

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 November 2015

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 12 January 2016

There is no language problems in our practice, it is purely a hearing problem

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Worst dentist

Receptionists could not pronounce my (common English) name and had no record of my appointment meaning I had to wait almost an hour for them to fit me in, despite my appointment card with the date and time written on. The dentist is not warm or friendly and did not involve me in the consultation process. The nurse made me choke by sticking an instrument too far down my throat during the scaling process, which was too aggressive and made my gums bleed. Have now unregistered from the practice for the above reasons.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 07 January 2016

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 12 January 2016

This was first appointment for this patient and only check up was done by the dentist. this meant that the nurse was not involve with the patient AT ALL. The patient's arrived at 2.24pm for his appointment at2.50 pm. He was seen at 2.53pm which is 3 minutes later. He left the practice at 3.38pm.From these facts anyone can see how much truth (if any) is in this person's comments.