Brimington Dental Practice

Address: 2a Chesterfield Road, Brimington, Chesterfield, S43 1AD
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

i was treated terrible

The attitude of the dentist is disgusting. They clearly do not know how to talk to the patients. My children will never go to them again. Reception staff good.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 11 March 2014

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

We apologize if a the patient would take a dietary advice about their 6 year old child with multiple decayed teeth as an insult to their parental care and complain about it. We are obliged by law and by our duty of care to discuss the dietary habits of patients especially children in order to reduce the risk of decay in the mouth. This patient insisted that their child is diabetic and hence does not eat sweets or sugary foods. They accused the dentist of being rude and insensitive because they think he blamed them for the poor state of their child’s teeth yet after 15 minutes of apologies from the dentist, they admit to waking the child up after midnight to give him some glucose powder. They think it is rude that the dentist ask them to wash the child’s teeth before they allow him go back to sleep.

Laura gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice

I have been with this practice, and the same dentist, for 14 years since the age of 12. I have had a lot of work done there, and the dentist is very relaxing, and competent. The only thing I would say is that perhaps sometimes appointments are a bit late, but hey...guess they run over.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 03 February 2014

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 14 April 2014

we apologise for any inconvenience and would like to remined patients that one day they themselves may need urgent or extended treatment which would make others wait a little longer.

Philip Pickering gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

long time patient

I have been to this practice now for 40 years. I have always been well treated, and never had a problem. I hope to continue using them for another 40 years but I doubt if I will still be herethen. It would make me 110.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 27 January 2014

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 14 April 2014

Thank you for the lovely comments. It is patients like you what keeps us going every day.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Small friendly practice.

I recently registered with this dental practice and have just finished my course of treatment. I needed quite a bit of work doing as I had not seen a dentist for a while due to a bad past experience. I found the dentist here to be very skilled and gave me all my options every step of the way. All the staff were very friendly which helped put me at ease as like many people I don't really like going to the dentist. I only wish I had gone to this dentist much sooner!

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 22 October 2013

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments. You made our day more enjoyable.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Good surgery, great dentist

I have been registered with this practice for approximately five years and during that time the treatment I've received has been excellent. My dentist puts you at ease and is very easy to talk to.

I have been slightly disappointed with the way the reception is organised and feel they should review their procedures as for example I queued for ten minutes at my last appointment in a queue of 3 people - it must be possible to manage this aspect better

I would strongly recommend this practice

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 12 June 2013

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

Thank you for your encouraging comments. We have reviewed and improved the reception procedures.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 3 stars

Review

The practice is not good at keeping appointment times , and never apologises when they keep you waiting. Charge off £1.00 for use of debit card seems out of order. I have used a debit card for many years and have never been charged for using it .

Visited in May 2013. Posted on 16 May 2013

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

We are always sorry for any delay and we do apologize to patients when we are late. Secondly, We are not a supermarket to embed extra charges in our products. We pay card processing banks hundreds of pound ever months for daily transactions and we collect the exact Band money from patients on behalf of the local health authority. therefore we are only the middle people and have to collect our expenses for the convenience. We always offer a cash alternative for people who do not want to pay the extra pound.

julie gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Opinion

My son & myself see the same dental practitioner.

They make us very relaxed & is most gentle that there is no pain. They explain what they are doing & what needs to be done very clearly.

I would definately reccomend this dentist. All the staff are polite too.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 12 April 2013

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.

Anonymous gave Brimington Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Go even if you are nervous

I am seriously afraid of going to the dentist, to the point that I have had conscious sedation in the past.
I see a dentist that is very good, takes their time with you and talks you through what is happening.
I now go every 6 months, before I found this dental practice it had been 5 years since I had been to dentist!

Visited in December 2012. Posted on 21 January 2013

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments.

Anonymous did not recommend Brimington Dental Practice

Disappointing

What could have been improved

It was an early appointment (8.50) and they were already running approximately 30 minutes late. Everybody there had booked an early appointment so they could go before work and we were all going to be late for work. They try to fit in too many people.

Visited in November 2012. Posted on 16 November 2012

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

sorry about your bad experience but sometimes preparation for the day ahead can be difficult and prolonged. Sorry again

Anonymous recommended Brimington Dental Practice

A good over all experience

What I liked

My Dentist is excellent. The emphasis is on quality not quantity. I wish I had found this Practice years ago.

What could have been improved

Reception a little slow and precedence given to 'phone calls.

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 27 September 2012

Brimington Dental Practice replied on 20 March 2014

we are trying to improve reception delays but we have to take the phone calls even just to ask the caller to wait until we finish with the person at the desk.