Parkview Dental Centre

Telephone: 01473 254873
Address: 49 Fonnereau Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 3JN
Website: http://parkviewdentalcentre.co.uk

Disappointed

With a poorly devised treatment plan, combined with a general lack of after-care, communication, and compassion, Parkview has left me very disappointed. The condescending and abrupt tone of the reception staff adds further insult to injury.

I would urge prospective patients who require major dental treatment on the NHS to approach this practice with caution.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Dentist Feedback.

It you are looking for a dentist, even if you are desperate please look elsewhere and save yourself a lot of trouble.
This dentist has extremely rude reception staff and as they are the front line of the surgery this reflects every element.
I have experienced staff not opening the phone line at 8.30, picking up the phone and putting it down without acknowledging me (especially after I had spent so long to get through and getting an engaged tone).
The reception staff put their make-up on whilst working at reception and reply very rudely to simple questions.
They are very rude to you if you have deferred an appointment more than once, which in this modern, busy age happens.
They refuse to see you if you have deferred more than once. This left my husband only being offered an appointment in four months, one refused to see him.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 15 July 2013

Parkview Dental Centre replied on 31 July 2013

At Parkview Dental Centre we are always grateful for any feedback from patients about the dental services we provide. Any comments, both positive and negative, give us the opportunity to reflect on and, where necessary, improve our standards of patient care.
Our aim is to give a good service and if at any time a patient is dissatisfied with the care they receive, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with them in order that the situation may be rectified.

geoliz gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

check ups

Always given consideration . Good advice. Clinician is caring about you.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 19 April 2013

speckly reviewed Parkview Dental Centre

privatisation by stealth

Any other comments

Despite having originally registered as an NHS patient (fee paying), upon being told I needed root canal I was given no option other than to be referred to one of two dental clinics, neither of which are in the same town (Ipswich), and both of which turned out to be private. I was told the treatment would cost £800-1000 and this was presented to me as the only option without any mention of the fact that this is the cost of private treatment at those specific clinics and that the treatment is, in fact, available on the NHS for £48. The issue is not whether I can afford the private treatment, but is the principle; I believe in the NHS and have been paying into it for 20 years, why should I be forced to go private? Apart from anything else, it's a big waste of my time - having waited for a month for an appointment to find out what the problem was, I will now have to look for a new dental surgery who will do this treatment on the NHS. Very annoying

Visited in May 2012. Posted on 30 May 2012

jenny miller recommended Parkview Dental Centre

Very happy with the treatment which is still on going for me.

What I liked

This is the best dental practice I have ever been to, the dentist is a very good one!
They are very sensitive and understanding and make you feel at ease at all times I can't recommend both the dentist and the practice highly enough.
Even the reception staff are very good.

Any other comments

I have already recommended all my family and friends to Park View, if you are looking for a dentist in Ipswich don't hesitate to go to them I seriously doubt you will find a better NHS dentist in Ipswich.

Visited in March 2012. Posted on 22 March 2012

J M Prentice recommended Parkview Dental Centre

My dentist is a Dental lord and very patient friendly!

What I liked

My dentist is a Dental lord and very patient friendly!

Visited in August 2011. Posted on 07 September 2011

Root canal

Reception staff more interested to talk amongst themselves, customer service could be much better. Dentists are nice enough but more time spent explaining before carrying out work would be nice. On the NHS , you pay peanuts ...... Explains my impression of this dental surgery. I've decided to take my business elsewhere.

Visited in August 2011. Posted on 26 July 2013