Parkview Dental Centre

Telephone: 01473 254873
Address: 49 Fonnereau Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 3JN
Website: http://parkviewdentalcentre.co.uk

Don't listen very well

Had an appointment because my tooth hurted on my left side. Ended up with them talking about my right side (which I was coming back for in a month) and booking me in for a root canal. Didn't even do anything about my actual problem on my left side. Neither did they ask if that is what I wanted. They didn't listen very well. Avoid if possible.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 23 April 2015

Parkview Dental Centre replied on 23 April 2015

Thank you for your comments. We value all feedback greatly as it enables us to continually improve our service.

It would be helpful to have more specific feedback which you can give on our website in a confidential format, which would enable us to investigate your concerns and take any necessary action. Unfortunately this comment has been posted anonymously so we are not in a position to take the matter further.

Bev gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

root canal treatment

Having attended several dental practices over the years, Parkview is by far the best. Their facilities are spacious and very well equiped, and have their own sterilization facilities which is reassuring. The staff are friendly and efficient, and the team of dentists offer a very professional service. I would certainly recommend Parkview Dental Practice to anyone.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 26 April 2015

Norman gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

Crown repair

One of my crowns was recently dislodged by a toffee...will I ever learn!
I was booked in very quickly and the service was brilliant. Reception staff friendly and efficient, and the treatment I recieved was excellent. I'm surprised by the few negative comments and in my view misrepresent this excellent practice. I regularly recommend Parkview to friends and colleagues.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 April 2015

sally gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

dental care

I must say that the treatment from the receptionists and the dentist has been excellent it took me a lot to go back after a bad experience from a different surgery but I must say at parkview they have restored my faith back to carry on with treatment and even though still nervous they are brilliant

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Anonymous gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 2 stars

tooth extraction

I was sent to park view as an emergency patient as I was in a lot of pain. The dentist themself did not seem very interested in helping me at all and was not very caring throughout the process. it took them 45 minutes to extract one tooth and in my opinion was very brutal despite my complaining of pain and tears. I was then given after and left, five hours after having the tooth extracted I still had continuous bleeding and clots, I could not stop the bleeding myself and had to go to a&e. The doctors at a&e where amazed at what a train wreck my mouth was and the amount of blood coming from the wound. I spent two hours up there in agony but the doctors have done a better job than the dentist. I am furious with the way I was treated and the aftermath of a basic tooth extraction as well.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

Anonymous gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent practice!

I have been attending this practice for some years and can highly recommended everything about it. All staff are friendly, caring and professional, always greeted with a smile! The facilities are very impressive, especially for an NHS practice. I can definitely say from hearing years of word of mouth that this is the best practice in Ipswich. I'm very surprised to see such negative comments on here, I guess people are more likely to complain than compliment these days!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 16 December 2014

Disappointed

With a poorly devised treatment plan, combined with a general lack of after-care, communication, and compassion, Parkview has left me very disappointed. The condescending and abrupt tone of the reception staff adds further insult to injury.

I would urge prospective patients who require major dental treatment on the NHS to approach this practice with caution.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Parkview Dental Centre replied on 18 November 2014

As the writer of this wishes to remain anonymous it is not possible to respond specifically to their comments. At Parkview Dental Centre we encourage feedback from our patients in the hope that this will improve communication and satisfy expectations. Not all treatments, specifically some complex procedures, are available within the limitations of the NHS, but it is our policy to ensure that patients are made aware of this at the time of treatment planning.

Dentist Feedback.

It you are looking for a dentist, even if you are desperate please look elsewhere and save yourself a lot of trouble.
This dentist has extremely rude reception staff and as they are the front line of the surgery this reflects every element.
I have experienced staff not opening the phone line at 8.30, picking up the phone and putting it down without acknowledging me (especially after I had spent so long to get through and getting an engaged tone).
The reception staff put their make-up on whilst working at reception and reply very rudely to simple questions.
They are very rude to you if you have deferred an appointment more than once, which in this modern, busy age happens.
They refuse to see you if you have deferred more than once. This left my husband only being offered an appointment in four months, one refused to see him.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 15 July 2013

Parkview Dental Centre replied on 31 July 2013

At Parkview Dental Centre we are always grateful for any feedback from patients about the dental services we provide. Any comments, both positive and negative, give us the opportunity to reflect on and, where necessary, improve our standards of patient care.
Our aim is to give a good service and if at any time a patient is dissatisfied with the care they receive, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with them in order that the situation may be rectified.

Would not recommend..

This dentist struct me off their patients list when I refused treatment for a tooth that wasn't causing me any pain. Previous treatments seemed to involve excess appointments to be sorted And the staff seem to lack a genuine concern for their patients.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 14 April 2015

geoliz gave Parkview Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

check ups

Always given consideration . Good advice. Clinician is caring about you.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 19 April 2013