The Elms Dental Practice

01604 630984 Cliftonville, Northampton , Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5BE

Anonymous gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 4 stars

Dental treatment

I have just completed a course of treatment and would like to thank my dentist for their kind and efficient treatment throughout.
The result is very pleasing and has restored my confidence in my appearance.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 30 May 2017

The Elms Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Billm gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Fourth consecutive appointment cancelled at short notice!!

I wrote a review recently after my third consecutive appointment had been cancelled at short notice.
I can hardly believe it has happened again.
This time I was called my mobile (when about 250m from the dental surgery) and on arrival was informed that all the equipment had broken down so my appointment had been cancelled yet again.
I'm not sure just how much mechanical equipment is required to conduct a routine inspection but I wouldn't have thought it was much? The electricity was still on and the computer system was up and running too.
I have been a patient at this practice for almost 60 years but I am now looking to move elsewhere in the hope of getting an appointment before I die!!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

The Elms Dental Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 2 stars

Let me down in so many ways

They have failed me so many times in so many ways. As an example, Appointments can take normally 3 months before you see anyone, then it's a quick exam and you've already paid up so can't get your money back. Then, the dentist tells you to come back in 3 months time, and you pay again! This happened many times to me over the years. Then, one day my dental insurance company got in touch tò tell me I've been overcharged and helped get a refund. That's when I realised I've been overcharged that time. But what about all the other times I've been overcharged? They are just a money making machine, they don't care about your teeth!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 17 May 2017

Many thanks for the feedback, we take all feedback on board and aim to use for future training and to give excellent customer service.

Please call the Practice Manager who will be happy to advise on changes happening at the practice in the near future.

Billm gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Repeated cancellation of appointments

I attended this dental surgery today for a routine inspection but on arrival was informed that my appointment had been cancelled because the dentist was stuck in a traffic jam.
Rather than contacting me on my mobile phone (the surgery do have the number) they rather pointlessly left a message on my home phone 25 minutes prior to the appointment time but as it takes 45 minutes to drive from my home to the dental surgery I missed the call, as I had already left in order to be punctual for the appointment.
As if this was not bad enough this is the third consecutive appointment they have cancelled, on the first occasion the dentist had gone on holiday and on the second they had reported sick on the morning of the appointment.
I have concluded that I am either very unlucky or need to find a new dental surgery.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for your comment expressing your recent experience in The Elms Dental Practice. Your feedback is valuable therefore can you please contact the Practice and ask to speak to the Practice Manager to discuss your experience in more detail.

on-going dental treatment

1- excellent service from staff
2- car parking could be reviewed
3- sometimes arranging appointments over the phone can be a problem
4-waiting area could be smarter

however I would highly recommend the practice and the staff but a few (small things listed above) things could be better

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. We value all feedback and this will be shared with all the team.
The Elms will be undergoing refurbishments within the next few months.

Scott W gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

The Elms Dental Practice

Fantastic! Friendly dentists that reassure me at every stage of treatment; have always been seen same day in an emergency!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you for your positive comment. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your most recent appointment at the practice and the dentist fulfilled all of your clinical needs. We hope your next appointment is as positive as this one.

Dentist great

I saw a different dentist when I visited my dentist had left, however the dentist gave me a great welcome and made me feel at ease. Whilst going back to reception I was introduced to Practice Manager, who again was pleasant. I had mentioned about the phones being busy but was advised changes were going to be made. Looking forward to the next visit in 6 months

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 23 March 2017

At our dental practice we work very hard to provide our patients with a high level of dental care. We feel honoured when our patients take valuable time out of their day to visit NHS Choices and share their positive experiences.
We'll make sure our team know how happy you are, they really appreciate such excellent feedback.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon

Lovely Practice

Visited my dentist today, as always they are a delight and I'm happy to have them as my dentist. On my way into the practice the car park was very busy as it has always been seen as the elms is a very popular dental practice. When walking into the reception area I noticed there were only three receptionists with a line of people waiting to be seen. I have to say I felt for them having been a patient at this practice for many years I have come to know the staff on the reception desk, on this occasion they looked stressed. This is the first time I have seen the reception desk short of staff and quite frankly I think they need it.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 16 February 2017

Anonymous gave The Elms Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Good luck getting through on the phone.

It's nearly impossible to get through to anyone on the phone regardless of which time you choose to call. I have tried several times each day this week and give up after holding for 15 minutes. The experience is no better in person. The car park doesn't have enough spaces so you'll either be paying to park at the hospital or waiting for a space, making you late for the appointment. I've you finally get in, the three receptionists will do their best to ignore you completely while they finish their conversation or appearing to be doing nothing. You're then greeted coldly as if it's an inconvenience that you have an appointment. Then you will wait at least 10 minutes while sitting far too close to another patient and get bored of reading 'Countryfile' magazine. Apparently the only magazine available in a dental waiting room. My file has yet to be replaced, despite having several old addresses on it. The system of putting a sticky label over the old one is useless. They fall off, revealing incorrect details. I have asked several times to have it updated properly but it has yet to be done. This might explain why I've yet to receive my specialist referral,which incidentally is the reason I've been trying to call. I guess I'll never know. I'll be switching dentists as soon as possible.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 January 2017

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 24 January 2017

Paying Patient reviewed The Elms Dental Practice

Not what it was

Been with this practice since 1977. Used to be brilliant and had some good dentists who have now left. Over the weekend had a lot of pain above one tooth and cant touch it and certainly not bite on it. Thinking i may have the start of an abscess i called to be told i could not be seen for 3 days, or i could turn up and wait for up to 4 hours, this never used to happen. My partner recently joined because i was there and has had three consecutive appointments cancelled and is now thinking of leaving. Perhaps it is time for me to consider my options also

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 24 October 2016

The Elms Dental Practice replied on 15 December 2016

Your feedback is extremely important to us.

I would like to apologise that the practice fell very short of expectation on this occasion.

Following your comment this will be addressed with all of the dental team to ensure we prevent this incident from re-occurring.