Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Telephone: 01614327400
Address: Jefferies, Reed & Associates, 162 Heaton Moor Road, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4 4HS
Website: http://idhgroup.co.uk/

Debra reviewed Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Not told about a fragment left in my root canal

I have just found out after having a really bad toothache that I have a bacteria infection where my root canal was done only the root canal wasn't finished off properly as a fragment of apparatus came off and has lodged there. I wasn't told of this until my visit last week by a different dentist than the one who performed the root canal a few years back. I have been given antibiotics to hopefully clear up the bacterial infection as for the fragment left behind not sure about that or my tooth

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 22 March 2014

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 09 April 2014

Dear Patient,

I am sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with treatment that you have received at our practice.

I was very concerned to hear of your recent experience and would really like to speak to you in more detail so that I can investigate this.

danny gave Jefferies, Reed & Associates a rating of 5 stars

Happy customer since i was a child!

I have been dealing, with this dentist for a number of years and have no complaints I am always happy with the service provided and how straight talking and up front they are. The receptionists are also fantastic !

Thanks

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 17 December 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 11 February 2014

Dear Patient,

I would like to thank you very much for the comments that you have recently made regarding our practice and that you have been happy with the service provided.

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

We look forward to welcoming you to the practice in the future.

Graham Fenton reviewed Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Coming here since the late 1960s

I have kept coming back for cleaning of teeth, filings, wisdom teeth removal, bridges, crowns etc. Made emergency appointments when I have toothache. I regularly visit the Dentist and find them courteous and friendly. I could say I look forward to my visits - but I do feel nervous if anything needs doing and do not like the drill.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 10 December 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 11 February 2014

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

We look forward to welcoming you to the practice in the future.

Anonymous gave Jefferies, Reed & Associates a rating of 5 stars

10 years and counting

me and my family have been coming here for 10 years after having 3 dentists in quick succession. efficient, effective and courteous. excellent on the preventative aspects rather than trying to sell you cosmetic improvements - which i had come against before.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 25 October 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 28 October 2013

We are very grateful that you have taken the time to provide these comments.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family to the practice in the future.

Anonymous gave Jefferies, Reed & Associates a rating of 1 stars

Advised no other dentist available

Following complaining to the practice in relation to how I was treated by a dentist without dignity and respect. After two calls to the practice the assistant practice manager called me back to state 'You are an NHS patient we have no other dentists available to take on any more NHS patients'

I got the impression they just wanted to get rid of me - after all I am just an NHS patient.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 19 September 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 20 September 2013

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

I was very concerned to hear of your recent experience at our practice, and would like to assure you that as an NHS patient you are not treated any differently than other patients at our practice and I would like to apologise if this did not happen in your case. Although there are some differences to the treatment options we can offer. `

I would be very keen to speak to you in more detail, and look at the possibility of looking into transferring your care to another of our dentists.

Anonymous gave Jefferies, Reed & Associates a rating of 1 stars

No respect given to patient

It is one thing to state that you should floss your teeth it is another for dentist there to remove some plaque from between your teeth hold it up to your eyes and state would you like to swallow this. they do not know how to treat a patient. I had in fact brushed my teeth twice this morning but as I was in a rush must not have got sufficiently between my molars to remove all the plaque.

I refused to allow them to clean and polish my teeth.

I rang back and requested a change of dentist but so far although I left my name and number with the receptionist at the practice no call has been returned.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 10 September 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 11 September 2013

Dear Patient,

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to apologise that you were unhappy with how the dentist informed you on the presence of plaque and would like to assure you that we will feed this information back to your dentist.

I will ensure that someone contacts you back to discuss the possibility of transferring your care to another of our dentists in the practice.

Kind Regards, Leanne Hannah - Patient Support Team

Anonymous reviewed Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Pregnant and wouldnt even put me on a waiting list

I called this dentist as it was first to come up on the nhs website. After checking online and asking nhs i was told that a dentist cannot refuse a pregnant woman at thier surgery and if they are full they must put you as high priority on a waiting list. However the receptionist i spoke to refuse outright said they were full and tried to pass me on to the nhs helpline... When i called them they were shocked that the person on reception at this surgery didnt even do anything to help me just fobbed me off to them.. They stated that the way they treated me was incorrect due to my pregnancy and i should always be put on a high priority waiting list as a pregnant woman so im writing this to warn people... Due to the way i was spoken to and fobbed off i would never recomend this surgery to anyone in the stockport area and believe that receptionist was a disgrace to their practice due to the way they spoke to me on the phone... I dont think people would enjoy being spoken to like i was by a receptionist not even a dentist on the telephone!

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 09 April 2013

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 05 July 2013

Dear Patient,

I am very concerned to hear that you have been unhappy with the service that has been provided at our practice and I would like to apologise for any distress or inconvenience this situation may have caused you. I would like to assure you that as a practice we take complaints extremely seriously and endeavor to resolve any concerns that you may have. Therefore, I would be grateful if you could contact me so I can speak with you in more detail regarding your complaint.

Kind regards Practice Manager

AMSLOU recommended Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Extreamely good with very scared patients!

What I liked

I absolutely love this dental practice. My dentist is fantastic. I had not been to a dentist for 9 years before I was accepted into this practice due to serious phobias. As a result when I did go I needed a little bit of work doing and they were extremely sympathetic to my fears and not once have they even shown to tire of a grown woman crying at the thought of a simple scale and polish. I had to have a few fillings and they went at my pace stopped when i needed a break even though it only should have taken a few minutes from start to finish as they were tiny. I wasnt even aware that they had actually given me the numbing injection the first time as they were so careful to distract me away from what was going on! As a result I have been going for over 5 years now for regular checkups and am no where near as scared as i was. They are even brilliant with my 1 yr old!

Absolutely nothing!

Any other comments

I am aware of the long waiting list for this dentist but I believe its because they are so good!

Visited in November 2010. Posted on 03 March 2011

Jefferies, Reed & Associates replied on 08 August 2013

I would like to apologise that you did not receive a response to your comments, and I would like to reassure you that we do appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with feedback.

Anonymous recommended Jefferies, Reed & Associates

I've got no fears about going to this dentist.

What I liked

The staff are lovely, efficient and professional. There's a long waiting list, but it's worth the wait - I am (and have been for more years than I care to remember) with one of the dentists and they are excellent. I've already recommend friends in the village, who have now been accepted onto the practice's list.

What could have been improved

Nothing - the pricing seems to be fair; regular appointments can be booked 6 months in advance. I don't know about emergency treatment, though.

Visited in February 2011. Posted on 21 February 2011

Anonymous reviewed Jefferies, Reed & Associates

Not attended this practice but somewhat put off by the long waiting list

What I liked

called to register on Feb 2011 and the first appointment for 5 pm was available in June 2011 !

Not sure if its normal practice to pay £30 deposit so far in advance just for an appointment.

What could have been improved

No deposit payment especailly 4 month in advance and for for what exactly.

Visited in February 2011. Posted on 07 February 2011