NHS Dentist

020 7610 1110 355 North End Road, Fulham , London, SW6 1NW

Denys J. Barber gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Thanks to the dentist

Excellent care and treatment on Saturday 3rd June in the afternoon at Westcliffe Drive Surgery Layton Blackpool. The dentist was very kind, helpful and informative. The treatment was first class. I was a bit worried it would be a painful extraction but I needn't have worried. I didn't feel a thing. The care and after treatment were excellent as well.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Amer Bhogal gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Perfect dentist experience

I had a filling replaced at Mydentist in Chilwell Nottingham. I arrived for the appointment a few minutes early. As soon as I sat down the dental nurse called me in to see a new dentist at the practice. The dentist was very thorough and talked me through the different options for treatment and allowed me to make the decision. The filling only took a few minutes and didn't even require any anaesthetic. As the appointment was booked for longer, the dentist gave my teeth a good clean and also checked how my gum health had improved with the advice given at the initial check up appointment. I was impressed that he took the time to give this extra care rather than sending me on my way after filling was done. then gave me general dental care advice and told me small changes that could make a big difference. I have recommended the dentist and practice to a number of friends and family.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Chrissy Poynts gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic support during wisdom tooth removal

I had one of the best medical experiences whist having my wisdom teeth removed by my dentist at Kings Dental Institute on 23rd May 2017. I needed a coronectomy which was slightly more complex but the doctor and nurse were both extremely professional and really put my anxieties at ease.

I opted for a local anaesthetic without sedation, and without their calming influence the experience wouldn't be have been nearly as positive. They kept me very well informed, offered a lot of emotional support and I felt genuinely cared about. Not to mention that the procedure was obviously very well done as I am making a speedy recovery just under 2 weeks down the line. As a practicing psychotherapist, it was very heartening to receive such an empathic and supportive service.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Marya gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Pregnant waiting more than 2 hours

Saturday I went as an emergency case , because I have bliding in my teeth and pain, I'm pregnant 06 month , they let me waiting more than 2 hours , I was there in emergency hours at 10h, since then I'm very sick , because sitting a lot , and it's very bad for pregnant , no One of the team take an initiative to let me pass, I'm very choked of there humanity , I told them more than 2 times in tired , but they didn't care.
Now I have really pain on my back , belly and thw down part. I hope you answer to my letter.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Dear Marya,
We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our service on the emergency session on Saturday morning. We are one of few, if not the only NHS dental practice in London that have a walk in emergency service every day incl Saturdays. The Saturday service in particular is very popular since all other dental practices are closed and we have to deal with a high amount of emergencies. Although the session starts at 10am many patients come in and register much earlier than that, this mean that even if you come at 10.15am you may be 10th in the queue, as we work on a first come first served basis. In a session we may see up to 20 patients that are in pain, have a swelling or even trauma. We offer an opportunity for all patients (not only our own registered patients) with a problem to be helped on the weekend. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion but we can reassure you that we were working as hard as we could to try and see every single patient as soon as we could.

JD gave NHS Dentist a rating of 4 stars

Overall good but a couple of important mistake

Happy about how this place is run overall. I just think you should take more time with your patients. I felt like I was a number and the dentist just wanted to get rid of me as soon as they could. I am paying for a service I expect you to do your job and not feel like you are rushing it.
My filling had pieces that were moving around and it broke. I am sure the dentist is very competent but just didn't do a perfect job cause they were trying to rush for some reason. I probably have to go again to get it sorted.

The rest was very good.

Best

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking your time and write us a review. We are sorry you felt rushed, although it is a busy practice we try and give our patients all the time they need and focus and each patient's individual needs. We are sorry that you felt this didn't apply to you.
We would love to hear from you and understand the circumstances a little better. Please contact us with more information to try and rectify your dissatisfaction. We take our patients' views extremely seriously.

kind regards
NHS dentist team

Emergency Patient gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Walked in with pain and walked out with pain

I have attended to an emergency appointment with pain. I had similar problem before which I've explained it as well. I was not treated at all, no investigation was made on what is going on, I have felt ignored and rushed. In a result the problem escalated and pain got worse, will have to attend to another clinic in the morning.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 25 April 2017

We are sorry you had a poor experience at our Practice, the lack of a name or date of birth unables us to investigate what happened.
If you could please call our Practice on 0207 6101110 to discuss this with the Practice manager or one of the principal dentists, we would be able to look into the matter.
It is crucial for us to understand why our patients are unhappy with our service so we can avoid repeating the same again.

Regards
NHS dentist Team

Charmaine gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

I was absolutely petrified about having root canal. The dentist was so lovely and comforting and just reassuring the whole time which made me feel differently about going back to the dentist.
I recommend them they were efficient and caring and just great overall.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Dear Charmaine,
Thank you very much for recognising our hard work and huge effort we put into our service.
We look forward to seeing you again.
regards
NHS Dentist Team

Elena reviewed NHS Dentist

Waste of taxpayers’ money – incompetent – never treat

I visited them on 3 different occasions -never received a treatment and instead was advised to go to a private doctor!! Receptions’ staff are very pleasant. In March 2016 I went there with a tooth abscess in horrible pain-I was given antibiotics and painkillers and told that had to wait for 12 month for a ‘specialist’ for a rout canal treatment or go to a private doctor. I had to revisit them 4 times subsequently but thy refused the treatment. As a result I was fired from my new job as could not perform with a terrible pain. I had to go private and the doctor fixed it all in 1 hour – never had a problem since! Went their today with gum problem but was again turned back and advised to go to a ‘specialist’ –if they are not qualified to treat problems why do they waste taxpayers money?? I would not recommend going there not to risk your health doing so.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Dear Elena
Thank you for taking your time to raise your dissatisfaction. As we have looked into your case and done some investigation we have to highlight the complexity of your case. We have on several occasions tried to explain this to you and tried to guide you on the right path from a dental point of view. Many of our dentists have post graduate training and a few have even completed their masters degree in restorative dentistry. Unfortunately you were not happy with any of our recommendations. We wish you all the best
NHS Dentist team

Zoe gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

A* dental surgery

I hadn't been to the dentist for many years after a bad experience I could tell me teeth were looking very neglected so after taking the 1st step and phoning the dental surgery to book a appointment I was very anxious until I was in the chair and reassured by the dentist they made everything clear they worked with me understanding my feelings and fears since that 1st appointment on 13th march 2017 I had fillings done and 2 hugeinest appointment going for my 3rd on Friday for a deep clean
Regret not going sooner

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 22 May 2017

Dear Zoe
It's very kind of you to take your time and write us a review. We do appreciate it very much and hope to look after you for the foreseeable future.
NHS dentist team

Shah gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Talk the talk but do nothing in reality

I've come to this dental practice on around a dozen occasions. My first few visits went well as they actually did the odd bit of cleaning and treatment of the teeth. However, something is not quite right about this place when you literally get a few words of advice for 2/3 minutes around how to clean your teeth and then are told to go and pay almost £20 at the reception. This has happened on the vast majority of my recent visits. If for whatever reason they cannot do some actual dental work inside the mouth (i.e. the patient has not taken the advice provided on their last visit), then the practice should at least have the decency to be transparent about the cost of each visit undertaken and what (if anything!) they are actually going to do. I've spent over £100 to have someone spend 2/3 minutes going on about the technicalities and importance of using floss and other things. To charge almost £20 for each of these pet talks is quite frankly ridiculous. I will not be coming back to this place.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 06 February 2017

Dear Shah
Thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We do appreciate your feedback as we try and learn from our patients' views. A recall/ check up appointment is classed as band 1 on the NHS and costs £19.70
The dentist uses this appointment for reviewing and making sure the right oral hygiene regime is followed to maintain good oral health. We also take this opportunity to examine your soft tissue for oral cancer.
We are pleased that you don't need any dental treatment which shows how regular check ups are necessary. We are firm believers that prevention is better than to do "actual dental work" unnecessarily.
The practice is transparent with the dental cost as we are a pure NHS dental Practice and the cost for treatment is not variable but fixed by the NHS. The cost of the bands are stated on the website and in the reception area, we also have it in the practice information leaflet given to each patient once per year.
If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to contact us on 0207 6101110