NHS Dentist

020 7610 1110 355 North End Road, Fulham , London, SW6 1NW

Sparkle! gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

In the middle of treatment to fit a crown

My 'veneer' on a front tooth had fractured and my dentist filled the tooth, taking care to match the colour, but unfortunately, the veneer fractured again, but more dramatically this time, so the options were to have another veneer or fit a crown.

A crown was chosen as the solution and I have a temporary crown, until a permanent one can be fitted... no suitable appt. time was available to complete the job until 4th Sept. but a cancellation came up yesterday so I took this, so that the preliminary work could begin.

Such care was taken in starting this process and time was spent in choosing the best colour to match my existing front teeth.

Looking forward to a permanent crown in a fortnight!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 14 August 2017

How lovely of you to share your experience with us and with our patients. It's great to hear that you had a positive experience and that we exceeded your expectations.
see you soon
NHS Dentist team

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 3 stars

This is a good place but one dentist was rude

I have been to this practice three times after leaving my old dentist who was always pressing me to pay for expensive private treatment. I have been very happy with them until my last visit. I am disabled and walk down stairs slowly. I was alarmed when the dentist said to me, "I don't like how you walked down the stairs. I don't like how you came into the room" The dentist started to check my teeth and the dentist stabbed me with a dental tool. I said, "ouch," and the dentist became really cross and started saying that they couldn't have hurt me and I had a bad attitude and the dentist straighten up the dentist chair and tried to tell me I had to leave without the check-up being completed and it was all my own fault as I had swollen gums. I remained calm, refused to leave and calmly said that if it hurts a patient has the right to say, "ouch". The dentist then started appealing to my child who was with me, saying,"Your mother doesn't understand that it couldn't have possibly hurt." I had to ask the dentist to stop appealing to my child as I was the patient. We agreed to swap dentist and the second dentist was lovely and completed the check up and it didn't hurt at all. The second dentist also confirmed that my gums were not swollen. I wrote down what happened before I left the surgery and gave it to the manager as a written complaint. That was 26 July and I have had no reply or follow-up. In addition, when they checked my son, they told us both about flossing guidance that the surgery was offering and recommended that my son have this. I tried to make an appointment with the manager for my son after the check-up and the first dentist blocked it. The Manager came back to me and said this dentist refused to allow your son to have the flossing guidance appointment. the Manager said they were not allowed to book it unless the dentist allowed it. I do not know why the first dentist recommended it to me only to refuse to allow my son to book an appointment ? I felt they did that out of spite because they knew I made a written complaint about them. I feel that this is a horrible way to treat a disabled person and the dentist only did it to be mean.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 23 August 2017

Dear Patient
We are sorry you felt this way.
After some investigation due to your written letter, I understand that there has been a misunderstanding between you and the dentist involved and that this is your version of the story which doesn't reflect the whole story. Again we do apologise you felt this way and are happy you have now been seeing a different dentist here. We understand that you have been back several times and are happy with the new dentist for yourself and your son. You also saw our Oral hygiene educator that you were very pleased with.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Tony Henney gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Thanks!

With many thanks to Dentist for skillfully and patiently repairing a mouth full of failing crowns and bridges.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 14 July 2017

NHS Dentist Team

Anonymous gave NHS Dentist a rating of 2 stars

Uncaring dentist, traumatic experience.

Found this surgery through the NHS website as it was listed as providing "anxiety management" and mentions that it treats nervous patients in it's literature but this was far from the case. Even though I mentioned my phobia twice to the dentist it was not acknowledged, never mind discussed with me. Despite being in tears during the examination the dentist carried on and didn't once ask if I was okay or what was wrong. My reaction was only acknowledged once the examination had taken place then interpreted incorrectly and not discussed.
The examination being carried out in the way it was made me re-live previous trauma and on top of this I was made to feel like a nuisance for having not sought treatment, not worthy of being listened to and a liar for stating that I have a phobia.
I'd expect that professionals (especially those working in a surgery advertising itself as being able to treat nervous patients) would understand that a) even if the claimed phobia is not believed basic compassion and demonstration of empathy should still take place
b) the causes of dental phobias are varied but by taking a few minutes to ask a couple of basic questions the level of fear can be reduced which will in turn help the dentist

It may well be that this was just an issue with the one dentist I met but overall the care I received was in no way good enough.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 02 August 2017

Dear patient
We are sorry to hear about your experience. In order for us at NHS Dentist to establish wether you are one of our patients or whether you have visited another NHS practice we would appreciate if you could get in touch. We take all feedback extremely seriously and try and learn from our ptients' experience. Although we deal with anxious patients on a daily basis we don't specialise in treating patients with severe dental phobia. As you mentioned it is a very complex phobia and shouldn't be taken lightly at all. We would like to speak with the dentist in question and see if there is any training needed to empower him/her to deal with phobic patients in the correct way.
Please call our practice if you saw one of our dentists to discuss this further with either the principal dentist or practice manager.
Nhs dentist team

Ana R gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Great dentist with great customer care

I have been to this practice 4 times already to treat a series of infections. The doctor which I am seeing is very nice, always explains to me what they are doing, how it's going to feel and what I can expect. The doctor discusses various treatments and how I should follow up at home and makes sure I am happy with the approach.

Staff are extremely punctual, I never had to wait and only once my appointment overrun due to unforeseen circumstances (and the doctor finished the treatment rather than just send me away because time was up). I really feel taken care of and very well looked after. Once, there was even classic music in the room, which was very good for nerves!

Staff at the reception are really helpful and always tried to find early appointments for me so that I wouldn't miss a day's work. They kindly explained to me the difference of quotes between going private or NHS - which is great for a foreigner that has never used a dentist in this country. When you join this practice, you also get a printed handout with the NHS prices and further explanation, which I found really useful.

I think no one really likes going to dentist, it is always a bit stressful but in this place they really look after their patients. Great customer care and very transparent and (very important!) with no surprises with the costs (hard to find a dentist like this!)

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 30 June 2017

Dear Ana,
Thank you so much for a lovely comment and for taking your time to write us one. We do really appreciate any feedback but positive feedback always gives extra motivation to the whole team and acknowledges our hard work.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment
The NHS Dentist Team

Marya gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Pregnant waiting more than 2 hours

Saturday I went as an emergency case , because I have bliding in my teeth and pain, I'm pregnant 06 month , they let me waiting more than 2 hours , I was there in emergency hours at 10h, since then I'm very sick , because sitting a lot , and it's very bad for pregnant , no One of the team take an initiative to let me pass, I'm very choked of there humanity , I told them more than 2 times in tired , but they didn't care.
Now I have really pain on my back , belly and thw down part. I hope you answer to my letter.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Dear Marya,
We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our service on the emergency session on Saturday morning. We are one of few, if not the only NHS dental practice in London that have a walk in emergency service every day incl Saturdays. The Saturday service in particular is very popular since all other dental practices are closed and we have to deal with a high amount of emergencies. Although the session starts at 10am many patients come in and register much earlier than that, this mean that even if you come at 10.15am you may be 10th in the queue, as we work on a first come first served basis. In a session we may see up to 20 patients that are in pain, have a swelling or even trauma. We offer an opportunity for all patients (not only our own registered patients) with a problem to be helped on the weekend. We are sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion but we can reassure you that we were working as hard as we could to try and see every single patient as soon as we could.

JD gave NHS Dentist a rating of 4 stars

Overall good but a couple of important mistake

Happy about how this place is run overall. I just think you should take more time with your patients. I felt like I was a number and the dentist just wanted to get rid of me as soon as they could. I am paying for a service I expect you to do your job and not feel like you are rushing it.
My filling had pieces that were moving around and it broke. I am sure the dentist is very competent but just didn't do a perfect job cause they were trying to rush for some reason. I probably have to go again to get it sorted.

The rest was very good.

Best

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking your time and write us a review. We are sorry you felt rushed, although it is a busy practice we try and give our patients all the time they need and focus and each patient's individual needs. We are sorry that you felt this didn't apply to you.
We would love to hear from you and understand the circumstances a little better. Please contact us with more information to try and rectify your dissatisfaction. We take our patients' views extremely seriously.

NHS dentist team

Emergency Patient gave NHS Dentist a rating of 1 stars

Walked in with pain and walked out with pain

I have attended to an emergency appointment with pain. I had similar problem before which I've explained it as well. I was not treated at all, no investigation was made on what is going on, I have felt ignored and rushed. In a result the problem escalated and pain got worse, will have to attend to another clinic in the morning.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

NHS Dentist replied on 25 April 2017

We are sorry you had a poor experience at our Practice, the lack of a name or date of birth unables us to investigate what happened.
If you could please call our Practice on 0207 6101110 to discuss this with the Practice manager or one of the principal dentists, we would be able to look into the matter.
It is crucial for us to understand why our patients are unhappy with our service so we can avoid repeating the same again.

Regards
NHS dentist Team

Charmaine gave NHS Dentist a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

I was absolutely petrified about having root canal. The dentist was so lovely and comforting and just reassuring the whole time which made me feel differently about going back to the dentist.
I recommend them they were efficient and caring and just great overall.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Dear Charmaine,
Thank you very much for recognising our hard work and huge effort we put into our service.
We look forward to seeing you again.
regards
NHS Dentist Team

Elena reviewed NHS Dentist

Waste of taxpayers’ money – incompetent – never treat

I visited them on 3 different occasions -never received a treatment and instead was advised to go to a private doctor!! Receptions’ staff are very pleasant. In March 2016 I went there with a tooth abscess in horrible pain-I was given antibiotics and painkillers and told that had to wait for 12 month for a ‘specialist’ for a rout canal treatment or go to a private doctor. I had to revisit them 4 times subsequently but thy refused the treatment. As a result I was fired from my new job as could not perform with a terrible pain. I had to go private and the doctor fixed it all in 1 hour – never had a problem since! Went their today with gum problem but was again turned back and advised to go to a ‘specialist’ –if they are not qualified to treat problems why do they waste taxpayers money?? I would not recommend going there not to risk your health doing so.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Dear Elena
Thank you for taking your time to raise your dissatisfaction. As we have looked into your case and done some investigation we have to highlight the complexity of your case. We have on several occasions tried to explain this to you and tried to guide you on the right path from a dental point of view. Many of our dentists have post graduate training and a few have even completed their masters degree in restorative dentistry. Unfortunately you were not happy with any of our recommendations. We wish you all the best
NHS Dentist team