Park Avenue Dental Care

0208 452 6889 44 Park Avenue North, Willesden Green , London, NW10 1JY

Best Dentist I have ever had in 37yrs

I like many people have been scared of Dentists and have become use to experiencing excruciating pain; however since seeing a particular dentist, pain and being anxious is a thing of the past. This dentist is extremely professional, throughout the check up he offers reassurance and uses distraction techniques. The dentist gives you choice and lots of information in order to make an informative choice about your dental treatment. The dentist also explains the best way to care for your teeth and gives interesting information with regards to research on tooth decay. I am thoroughly happy with my Dentist, they also saved me from having to pay 100s of pounds to see a specialist for route canal treatment. This dentist undertook two route canals and I didn't feel anything. Strongly recommend this Dentist.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Reliable, Professional and Friendly Services

A professional and reliable team of staff, who are always friendly and make all my visits pleasant. The reception staff are always helpful and polite and the dentists are some of the most professional I have met and I have been to a couple of other practices before coming here.
I am grateful for their flexibility on appointment times, I've been able to come in early so as not to have to take too much time off work.
I'm also grateful that my dentist always gives me options and suggestions, for example I wanted to whiten my teeth and as I have sensitive teeth the dentist suggested the overnight retainer option rather than the laser, and I'm incredibly happy with this decision.
I have already recommended this surgery to my family and work colleagues and would unquestionably recommend to others.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 September 2017

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 1 stars

not good for nhs paying patients

Dentist not confident of their ability to do root canal treatment. Will try to avoid treating you if you are nhs paying by first referring you to an nhs specialist who then rejected my referral because of the simple standard nature of the root canal treatment. Then by the time I got the rejection the dentist will purposely give me an appointment at least 1 month later and ask me to pay again the band 2 treatment again which I have already paid for so they can get more money even though once you have paid for NHS band treatment you do not have to pay again within two months. I was also told I need to pay band 3 treatment for root canal treatment which was wrong. Difficult to speak to dentist and receptionist will not help.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 31 July 2016

Thank you for your letter which was passed to me by my practice manager. I apologise for the delay in posting this response but as a courtesy to you , I have waited until we have reached a resolution via direct communication with yourself as it would have been unprofessional of me to do otherwise.

In the interests of patient confidentiality which we are ethically bound to uphold, I can only answer your response on this site in a broad and general manner as I would not wish to compromise your identity

I would categorically deny that any of the dentists at PADC are not confident or happy to carry out the root treatment - both on the NHS and privately as this is something that we all do on a daily basis.

Originally you had decided to have NHS root canal treatment carried out by your dentist at PADC as the original treatment plan signed by yourself as part of the informed consent process clearly shows.

It is part of the remit of our dentists when gaining informed consent to inform patients of all of the options that are available and this included outlining the option of referral to a specialist in endodontics - either privately or on the NHS.

Unfortunately, if patients, such as yourself are adamant that they wish to be referred for NHS specialist endodontist treatment despite being informed that their particular case does not meet the extremely stringent NHS selection criteria - they are warned of the almost certain likelihood of rejection.

On receiving notification of your rejection form the NHS CDS, your dentist wrote to you personally about this decision advising that you attend to discuss the treatment options once again.

However you decided to call the practice instead.At this time no costing was given to you, nor did your dentist state it would be a band 3 treatment as without a further clinical examination for the the tooth to be reassessed and a new treatment plan mutually agreed upon by both of you , this would not have been possible.

We would like to apologise if you felt you found it difficult to get in contact with your dentist by telephone.During his clinical hours of work when he is with patients in the treatment room, he is ethically bound to prioritise their personal welfare and quality of treatment in the same manner he would have done for you. Our dentists will not accept telephone calls unless they are able to ensure they are conducted in a confidential environment and do not impact negatively on other patients’ appointment schedules . We apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

In hindsight it would have been better for reception to highlight the ability to email the practice with questions or concerns which would allow for a reply at a more convenient opportunity

As we do not like to think of any of our patients feeling disadvantaged following care that we have provided , as a gesture of goodwill we have issued you with an appropriate refund. We wish you well in your new practice.

Dr Sangeeta Lakhanpaul

Anastasia gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Excellent services

I'm scared of dentists and this was the first time I went to the dentist in this country. I received an appointment in few days in an efficient time for me. I was explained exactly what's wrong and what's good in my mouth. I had to do one procedure, which I was very scared for. It ended up being painless and the doctor did such a great job with my tooth that something that worried me over many years, doesn't any more. Thank you to the dentist.
I would defiantly recommend this clinic.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care.

This was my first visit. The care has been exceptional; from the moment I called up to book an appointment, through to the receptionist on the day, and then the dentist. I am a very nervous patient, but the dentist put me at ease immediately with their calm and patient manner.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 03 March 2016

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 2 stars

First experience good second bad

My daughter and I went to a dentist and found them to be fantastic. This dentist was caring and patient and even offered a solution to a problem. I then phoned to make a check appointment a year later and found the receptionist rude. They first of all answered the call and placed me on hold immediately, I hate that! Then when I called back the next convenient appointment was a month away then they insisted to book the hygienist I had to pay the £50 up front. I said I was willing to phone the week of the appointment to pay they said it had to be now or they would not make the appointment. So even after telling them how I wouldn't pay a month in advance they said in a very rude tone that I couldn't see the hygienist, and then when I said I'd find another dentist they said fine and hung up!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 24 February 2016

Park Avenue Dental Care replied on 04 March 2016

We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your second experience at Park Avenue Dental Care but are pleased to know that yourself and your daughter were happy with your initial visit and found your dentist to be a caring, patient and fantastic clinician.

We would like to assure you that all the dentists at the practice place the utmost importance on delivering excellence when it comes to the care and dental health of their patients. We are delighted that you left the practice with a solution to your problem.

We are lucky that all our dentists are extremely popular and busy but unfortunately the downside to this is that all three of our phone-lines and our three receptionists can be very hectic especially during our busiest times which are early morning and late afternoons. Therefore, we can only apologise that sometimes patients may need to be put on hold, with a database of approximately 12,000 patients to cater to I hope you can understand this is at times unavoidable.

Waiting times for check up appointments for our dentists are approximately two weeks if patients are willing to take the next available appointment. If patients wish to only attend at specific times of the day or book a double or treble appointment along with other family members this time may go up to between 3 to 4 weeks. As check ups are non urgent care patients should not be unduly concerned if they need to wait an extra week or two as it will not negatively impact on their dental health. If however, a patient is in pain they should inform the receptionist and we will endeavour to see our own patients with a dental emergency within 24 hours during the working week.

Park Avenue Dental Care has two excellent Hygienists and appointments with our hygienists are booked well in advance. Patients are required to make the payment for the hygiene treatment which is £50 per session at the time they book their appointment. As many of our patients are busy and wish to make their visit to Park Avenue Dental Care as time efficient for themselves as possible, they prefer to book their check up and hygiene appointments together. This may be one, three or six months in advance to allow them to secure the exact days and times which suit them best. However, equally if patients do not wish to pay this far in advance then they are welcome to call a week prior to the time they wish to book, arrange the appointment with the hygienist and pay then, although this may mean their choice of appointment times will be limited. I hope you can understand it would be difficult for the receptionists to telephone all the hygiene appointments one week before their appointment to process payments as it would simply mean the receptionists are taken away from more important tasks and inevitably mean more calls ending up on hold.

We are sorry if the person you spoke to came across as rude. We would like to reassure you that every member of staff at PADC has genuine respect for all the patents that we treat and it is a matter of some regret for me to know that we have been unable to clearly communicate this to you.

We apologise if you feel a member of our team has given you any impression other than that we are committed to providing a genuinely patient centric approach with a view that any constructive criticism we receive is a positive way to improve the high level of patient care to which we aspire.

We invite you to contact the practice to address your concerns with either Dr.Gupta or Dr Lakhanpaul, the practice owners.

Anonymous gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 4 stars

Dentist Feedback

This dentist gives you feedback at all times about what they would recommend and what they are doing as they carry out treatment which I find reassuring. They give lots of preventative advice which I also like.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Very good dental practice

I have been going for several years and they are always professional and efficient.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 05 November 2015

Excellent, efficient practice

I have seen two dentists and twp hygienists at this practice, and all have been impressed by their skill and professionalism. They are friendly and have always involved me in decision making about my care.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015

Clive G gave Park Avenue Dental Care a rating of 5 stars

Highly Recommended Dental Practise

I have had to have a lot of dental work through my life and for the last twenty years
I have been having the work done at the Park Ave Practise. I am an NHS patient and I have always been happy with the treatment that I have received here. The professionalism of the dentists that I have seen myself has always been very high as is that of the other professionals that I have encountered from the dental nurses to hygienists and the surgeon. At all stages through the treatments that I have had the options available to me have always been made clear. The general ethos at the practise seems to be to offer as good a service as is possible to all at all times. In addition to this the Park Ave practise is both a happy and friendly practise, The receptionists are always most courteous and helpful and the overall impression is that anyone working here enjoys being part of such a well run practise.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 29 October 2015