Smile Matters

020 8883 1356 212 Muswell Hill Broadway, Muswell Hill , London, N10 3SH

Excellent care

I was recommended to Smile Matters by my GP for a problem with bleeding gums caused by a build up of tartar. Thank you to the Hygienists for removing the tartar so effectively over the past 18 months. A big thank you too my dentist for your efficient consultations and advice on how to best maintain my teeth.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 March 2016

We always strive to maintain all aspects of our patients' hygiene, including their gums and oral health. We are glad we have achieved this!

Highly recommend Smile Matters

I have moved away from Muswell Hill but still travel back to come to appointments here because I think it is such a quality practice. It's small and so very quiet and calm in the waiting room, the receptionist is really friendly and I never have problems getting an appointment. The dentist I visit here is wonderful- I'm a nervous patient and both the dentist and the dental nurse put me at ease. I'd also say that just as importantly, I think this is a great dentist- I have just had a filling and can tell this dentist is a perfectionist about it. They've asked me to pop back in if there are any problems and I could tell they genuinely would want to make sure that the job is done to the best ability.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Smile Matters replied on 11 April 2016

We are so happy that you had a positive experience, and that you appreciated everyone's efforts. It is a great boost to staff morale when we hear such praise given to each and every member of our staff! Thank you for your review, we are now inspired anew to continue to do our very best for our patients!

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

they push for private, remind them of NHS

I would not recommend this place, even though I have been there 3 times for cleaning and 2 times for regular check-up. They seem too busy; the staffs, dentist, and receptionist don't take the proper time to see the patient. They just want to get the work done; it's not a good experience for patients who are not comfortable going to see a dentist - if you know what i mean. They also tried to push for private service, so remember to know there is always NHS and push for it! I have now gone somewhere else where the staffs actually take the time for patients and as a result it is a better experience!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 May 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for posting your feelings so that we can learn from them. Since you have not given your name or date of visits, it is hard to know exactly what happened on the days of your visits.
This is the first time that we have had this feedback so I would hope that you have posted to the right Practice! I am sorry that you felt we were too busy; there are busy periods but treatment is never shortened nor rushed. This sometimes causes lateness and the sense of busyness as more patients are in Reception.
We are a mixed Practice, offering both NHS & Private treatments. The NHS contract obliges us to offer all suitable options which include private options. Further, the NHS contract capacity is limited and we are not allowed to exceed the contract. Since December 2015, we have had to ration our NHS capacity to make it last till March 2016, the end of the financial year. We have openly explained this situation to patients and offered private options, delaying treatment options or a mix of treatment options. Also, there are some treatments which are considered elective / cosmetic by the DoH and so the NHS does not offer them. Hygiene sessions are an example of this, yet regular hygiene patients will vouch for the benefit of seeing a Hygienist once or twice a year. I am afraid the hard truth is that the NHS cannot fund everyone for everything all the time. We wish you good luck with your new dentist.
Kind regards, Nemish Mehta, Manager

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Excellent reception and professional treatment

This was my first visit to Smile Matters and I am very impressed with the care, quality and outstanding level of service they provide to their patients. I have visited other dental practices from time to time, but this one has left a very positive impression and this is due to their excellent professional standards and level of care for the patient. A very welcoming reception from friendly and polite staff who are more than happy to answer your questions and help you to fill in all the necessary patient forms.

The dentist who received me was very professional and meticulous, explaining all available options to me, as well as the costs involved and going as far as helping me to choose what is the best and most efficient solution to my condition. Together with the hygienist they provided considerate comfort, care and time to repair my broken tooth. The end result was done to perfection and I am very pleased with the restoration. I will certainly be returning to this practice in the near future and I am more than happy to recommend this practice to anyone.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 17 February 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 March 2016

It is great that we have managed to succeed on so many different levels: professional, caring, polite, friendly! We look forward to impressing you again in the future!

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Best dentist I have ever used

I have been going to Smile Matters for 2 years now and have found it to be the best dentist i have visited. The reception staff are always very welcoming and always take the time to talk to you. My dentist is excellent. They will always explain things thoroughly and discusses all treatment options with you.
I would definitely recommend this surgery to anyone who asked.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 10 December 2015

Smile Matters replied on 09 March 2016

We always try hard to do our very best at this Practice. It is so nice to know that our hard work pays off! It is also nice to know that our patients are recommending us to their friends and family. It's very kind of you to leave such a lovely review!

Matthew Hancock gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I always receive fantastic care from Smile Matters. I'm nervous about dental work but they do an excellent job of making me feel comfortable. Highly recommended.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Smile Matters replied on 27 November 2015

We are so glad that you feel comfortable with the team. Thanks for taking the time and giving
us your review.

Very caring dentist

I was recommended to use this practice by a family member. I have been twice and have been very satisfied on both occasions. The receptionist has been helpful and reassuring from my very first telephone call. The dentist is thorough and professional. They recommended that I should obtain private health insurance, as the cost of caring for my rather poor teeth is likely to be high. (My previous dentists had never once suggested this, taking several thousand pounds from me while I was their patient.). My new dentist has recommended a course of treatment that will meet my dental needs whilst at the same time being financially manageable.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 21 September 2015

Smile Matters replied on 23 September 2015

Thank you for your comment, it is very important to us that our patients have a positive experience with us, both in terms of health and finance.

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Do you have confidence in your dentist?

I have total confidence in Smile Matters. I have always been very satisfied with the treatment I have received and highly recommend it, My treatment is explained clearly and instructions on follow up care are very helpful. I can always get an appointment which suits me and the receptionist is very efficient and professional in handling patients.

The surgery is very bright and inviting with a comfortable waiting area.

The only problem for this surgery is that it is at first floor level up a flight of stairs so would not be suitable for some disabled patients. For the same reason a passer by would not realise there is a surgery upstairs, so publicity is a problem. ........I found this surgery when I needed a new dentist and a flier came through my door.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 29 September 2015

Smile Matters replied on 30 September 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is good to hear that we are satisfying our patients' needs on all levels.

Friendly Efficient Surgery

My husband and I joined this surgery recently. I am pregnant and the surgery was accommodating and highly informed regarding what is available to me. My husband and I were seen quickly and efficiently having waited under a week for our first appointment. The dentist and hygienist have both been lovely and very good and the receptionist is kind and friendly. I can not recommend this surgery enough.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 29 September 2015

Smile Matters replied on 30 September 2015

Thank you! It is always a pleasure to be able to help people out, and as quickly as possible, and being able to offer a free service to pregnant women through the nhs is also a bonus!

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 4 stars

The dentist explained my options very clearly using x ray pictures and writing down information. They took the time to check I understood information provided. Very happy with the service.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 15 August 2015

Smile Matters replied on 28 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write the review for Smile Matters. We are very happy that you had a pleasant experience. It is important to us to hear your feedback as it keeps our team motivated.