Smile Matters

020 8883 1356 212 Muswell Hill Broadway, Muswell Hill , London, N10 3SH

Rob Maguire gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and helpful

The staff always go above and beyond to ensure that treatment is not only effective, bur painless and the best option available.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 January 2017

Smile Matters replied on 27 January 2017

Rob - it is great to hear that our efforts are being recognised, we do genuinely try our best to help our patients, from dentists to dental nurses and Reception staff. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment, much appreciated!

Allen mcClymont gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Repairing broken inlay

I had a very good experience as usual. I had a broken inlay that ended up needing to be replaced by a cap. The dentist was very helpful and explained my options very clearly. The dentist also explained how I can best care for my teeth between appointments to get the best result. I am very happy with the result and would happily recommend Smile Matters to others

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 11 January 2017

Smile Matters has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Smile Matters

Avoid! Very upsetting experience.

My experience here was appalling from start to finish. From the receptionist right through to the Dentist. Truly shocking treatment. The dentist actually reprimanded me, having kept me waiting for 40 minutes, & with no apology whatsoever. Instead, a lecture about which dentist I should visit, regardless of the fact they are on my doorstep & I had terrible toothache. Quite disgusting treating patients this way. I did see another dentist there, once before, & he was delightful & truly professional. Shame on you 'Smile Matters' - such an ironic business name, as I was on the verge of tears. I will be writing to the powers that be, for sure.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 15 October 2016

Smile Matters replied on 26 October 2016

We were somewhat taken aback to read your post. We try to see all patients who are in pain as soon as possible and try to get them out of pain. On the day you called asking for an emergency appointment, we were full but still found you a slot. Where patients attending in an emergency have another regular dentist, we always send the patient back as the regular dentist will have better knowledge of the patient, and it is a professional courtesy. We wish you all the best and hope that you attend your regular dentist to complete the needed remedial treatment once the course of antibiotics has finished.
Nemish Mehta, Manager.

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

An excellent and trustworthy dentist

I have attended this dentist for over two years now and trust the team implicitly with my dental care. The dentist is professional, efficient and highly skilled. All treatment is carefully explained and a great level of care is taken when performing procedures. The receptionist is warm, friendly and remembers you when you revisit - however frequently or infrequently! I have recommended this dentist to my friends and will continue to do so. An excellent and trustworthy service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

Smile Matters replied on 27 October 2016

Thank you for your support, we all feel so happy and encouraged when we know that we continue to provide a good service

Excellent friendly service

I had a lot of work done and I am very pleased with it. The dentist, hygienist and receptionist are very helpful and friendly and caring and understand my needs and cater for them.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 September 2016

Smile Matters replied on 24 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely comment, it really makes a difference to staff morale when we know that we are doing what we can to help you! Do come again soon!

Jess gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Great

Would fully recommend Smile Matters - the receptionist is very personable and accommodating, and the dentist I saw was really friendly and gentle. Standard NHS waiting times although plenty of availability in a reasonable timeframe. Thanks!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 24 September 2016

Smile Matters replied on 26 September 2016

Jess,

Thank you for your comment, it really makes a difference to staff morale when we get positive feedback, as we do try our very best to help our patients!

Anna
Reception

Marcin Piechowski gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Great service and polite staff

I am a regular patient at this clinic as it's local to where I live. I cannot think of anything to fault them. Skilled and knowledgeable dentists and hygienists, polite and efficient receptionist. I always see the same people and don't feel like I have to remind myself and 'refresh their memory' as was sometimes the case with other dentists I used. Smart clean decor, and as far as I can tell, they have all the equipment and latest tech in terms of X-rays etc. Text reminders particularly useful. Overall I rate them five stars - great local practice.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 01 October 2016

Smile Matters replied on 12 December 2016

Thank you for the kind words - we enjoy getting to know regular patients and it becomes a pleasure to look you. You are right that we have modern technology - in particular, the use of digital x-ray imaging means faster appointments and much lower dosage of radiation than with the old films.

eskay gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

Waiting for NHS treatment

A two week wait for appointment to tell the dentist that I needed a root treatment. I requested that the root treatment be done within that week since I had a flight booked to travel abroad. This was agreed and I paid the cost of the xray and visit ~£20 but since I wanted NHS treatment they would call me with a appointment date. The call came soon enough only to explain that there were no NHS appointments available within the next two and half weeks and I should call again when I return. I think pain and the need for a root canal treatment would have some priority but now know that if it had been private and not NHS I would have been treated the same week if not the next day.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 20 September 2016

Smile Matters replied on 12 December 2016

I am sorry that we were not able to fit you in within your timescale - we did try because you were travelling, however, a root canal treatment is usually between 60-90 minutes and we simply did not have this length of time available at short notice. Also, as I recall, you came to us with the diagnoses of needing endodontic treatment, but we had to verify this again (not having the original dentist's notes and x-rays), hence the need for an examination.
Regarding the NHS vs Private appointment situation; we have a fixed NHS contract which has to be delivered with very little variation, otherwise we face financial penalties. This means that we always offer all the options that are open to the patient. What happens in practice is that the NHS budget for a given period (monthly, usually) gets used up due to demand and then we are, as the saying goes, caught between a hard place and a rock.
In these situations, for simple and short appointments we offer a fee that is very close to the NHS fee but is not an NHS appointment; however for longer treatments which are time and material intensive, we have to revert to our private fee.
Best Regards,
Nemish Mehta

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

Quite upset and shocked

I have been left quite upset today, not for myself, but for my friend and flatmate.

I called up this morning to register as a new NHS patient and was very pleased as I was able to register and get an appointment withint the next two weeks(most dentists dont have NHS appointments until october)
i asked if my flatmate could also register as a new NHS patient and the person over the phone said yes.
However, my flatmate then called and was told that they are currently not registereing any new NHS patients. 20 minutes after my flatmate was refused to register, I phoned up again to ask if they were taking any new NHS patients and again, I was told that I could register.
My flatmate has a eastern european accent and I have a very british accent.
So it seems that because she has an accent, they would'nt allow her to register.

I am very upset for my flatmate and appalled about the situation, I think this is a very unfair treatment and I really do hope this changes with immediate effect, as she has the exact same right as I do to be seen as an NHS patient. My flatmate has also been left in shock and very upset and is now questioning the type of treament they would actually give her at the practice. Not good at all.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 July 2016

Thank you for posting your experience. In a situation such as this, simply picking up the phone to us would have clarified the situation immediately.
To set your mind at rest, we have staff from 6 different countries inc. 2 east European countries. We treat anybody who needs treatment and we have done so for a very long time.
Now, about the NHS; our NHS contract is relatively small and cannot treatment all in need at all times. We are required to manage this limited capacity to last the whole of the financial year which in turn means that the monthly NHS treatment budget gets used up very quickly. So on any day there might be one, two or no new patient quota left.
The person whom you spoke with feels that your friend may also have called another Practice and be mixing us up, nevertheless, please feel free to call and discuss the matter.
Kind regards, Mr Nemish Mehta, Practice Manager

Excellent care

I was recommended to Smile Matters by my GP for a problem with bleeding gums caused by a build up of tartar. Thank you to the Hygienists for removing the tartar so effectively over the past 18 months. A big thank you too my dentist for your efficient consultations and advice on how to best maintain my teeth.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 March 2016

We always strive to maintain all aspects of our patients' hygiene, including their gums and oral health. We are glad we have achieved this!