Check here for alerts

Smile Matters

020 8883 1356 212 Muswell Hill Broadway, Muswell Hill , London, N10 3SH

Anonymous reviewed Smile Matters

Avoid! Very upsetting experience.

My experience here was appalling from start to finish. From the receptionist right through to the Dentist. Truly shocking treatment. The dentist actually reprimanded me, having kept me waiting for 40 minutes, & with no apology whatsoever. Instead, a lecture about which dentist I should visit, regardless of the fact they are on my doorstep & I had terrible toothache. Quite disgusting treating patients this way. I did see another dentist there, once before, & he was delightful & truly professional. Shame on you 'Smile Matters' - such an ironic business name, as I was on the verge of tears. I will be writing to the powers that be, for sure.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 15 October 2016

Smile Matters replied on 26 October 2016

We were somewhat taken aback to read your post. We try to see all patients who are in pain as soon as possible and try to get them out of pain. On the day you called asking for an emergency appointment, we were full but still found you a slot. Where patients attending in an emergency have another regular dentist, we always send the patient back as the regular dentist will have better knowledge of the patient, and it is a professional courtesy. We wish you all the best and hope that you attend your regular dentist to complete the needed remedial treatment once the course of antibiotics has finished.
Nemish Mehta, Manager.

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

An excellent and trustworthy dentist

I have attended this dentist for over two years now and trust the team implicitly with my dental care. The dentist is professional, efficient and highly skilled. All treatment is carefully explained and a great level of care is taken when performing procedures. The receptionist is warm, friendly and remembers you when you revisit - however frequently or infrequently! I have recommended this dentist to my friends and will continue to do so. An excellent and trustworthy service.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

Smile Matters replied on 27 October 2016

Thank you for your support, we all feel so happy and encouraged when we know that we continue to provide a good service

Excellent friendly service

I had a lot of work done and I am very pleased with it. The dentist, hygienist and receptionist are very helpful and friendly and caring and understand my needs and cater for them.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 September 2016

Smile Matters replied on 24 September 2016

Thank you for your lovely comment, it really makes a difference to staff morale when we know that we are doing what we can to help you! Do come again soon!

Jess gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Great

Would fully recommend Smile Matters - the receptionist is very personable and accommodating, and the dentist I saw was really friendly and gentle. Standard NHS waiting times although plenty of availability in a reasonable timeframe. Thanks!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 24 September 2016

Smile Matters replied on 26 September 2016

Jess,

Thank you for your comment, it really makes a difference to staff morale when we get positive feedback, as we do try our very best to help our patients!

Anna
Reception

Marcin Piechowski gave Smile Matters a rating of 5 stars

Great service and polite staff

I am a regular patient at this clinic as it's local to where I live. I cannot think of anything to fault them. Skilled and knowledgeable dentists and hygienists, polite and efficient receptionist. I always see the same people and don't feel like I have to remind myself and 'refresh their memory' as was sometimes the case with other dentists I used. Smart clean decor, and as far as I can tell, they have all the equipment and latest tech in terms of X-rays etc. Text reminders particularly useful. Overall I rate them five stars - great local practice.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 01 October 2016

Smile Matters has not yet replied.

eskay gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

Waiting for NHS treatment

A two week wait for appointment to tell the dentist that I needed a root treatment. I requested that the root treatment be done within that week since I had a flight booked to travel abroad. This was agreed and I paid the cost of the xray and visit ~£20 but since I wanted NHS treatment they would call me with a appointment date. The call came soon enough only to explain that there were no NHS appointments available within the next two and half weeks and I should call again when I return. I think pain and the need for a root canal treatment would have some priority but now know that if it had been private and not NHS I would have been treated the same week if not the next day.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 20 September 2016

Smile Matters has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

Quite upset and shocked

I have been left quite upset today, not for myself, but for my friend and flatmate.

I called up this morning to register as a new NHS patient and was very pleased as I was able to register and get an appointment withint the next two weeks(most dentists dont have NHS appointments until october)
i asked if my flatmate could also register as a new NHS patient and the person over the phone said yes.
However, my flatmate then called and was told that they are currently not registereing any new NHS patients. 20 minutes after my flatmate was refused to register, I phoned up again to ask if they were taking any new NHS patients and again, I was told that I could register.
My flatmate has a eastern european accent and I have a very british accent.
So it seems that because she has an accent, they would'nt allow her to register.

I am very upset for my flatmate and appalled about the situation, I think this is a very unfair treatment and I really do hope this changes with immediate effect, as she has the exact same right as I do to be seen as an NHS patient. My flatmate has also been left in shock and very upset and is now questioning the type of treament they would actually give her at the practice. Not good at all.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 01 July 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 July 2016

Thank you for posting your experience. In a situation such as this, simply picking up the phone to us would have clarified the situation immediately.
To set your mind at rest, we have staff from 6 different countries inc. 2 east European countries. We treat anybody who needs treatment and we have done so for a very long time.
Now, about the NHS; our NHS contract is relatively small and cannot treatment all in need at all times. We are required to manage this limited capacity to last the whole of the financial year which in turn means that the monthly NHS treatment budget gets used up very quickly. So on any day there might be one, two or no new patient quota left.
The person whom you spoke with feels that your friend may also have called another Practice and be mixing us up, nevertheless, please feel free to call and discuss the matter.
Kind regards, Mr Nemish Mehta, Practice Manager

Excellent care

I was recommended to Smile Matters by my GP for a problem with bleeding gums caused by a build up of tartar. Thank you to the Hygienists for removing the tartar so effectively over the past 18 months. A big thank you too my dentist for your efficient consultations and advice on how to best maintain my teeth.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 March 2016

We always strive to maintain all aspects of our patients' hygiene, including their gums and oral health. We are glad we have achieved this!

Highly recommend Smile Matters

I have moved away from Muswell Hill but still travel back to come to appointments here because I think it is such a quality practice. It's small and so very quiet and calm in the waiting room, the receptionist is really friendly and I never have problems getting an appointment. The dentist I visit here is wonderful- I'm a nervous patient and both the dentist and the dental nurse put me at ease. I'd also say that just as importantly, I think this is a great dentist- I have just had a filling and can tell this dentist is a perfectionist about it. They've asked me to pop back in if there are any problems and I could tell they genuinely would want to make sure that the job is done to the best ability.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

Smile Matters replied on 11 April 2016

We are so happy that you had a positive experience, and that you appreciated everyone's efforts. It is a great boost to staff morale when we hear such praise given to each and every member of our staff! Thank you for your review, we are now inspired anew to continue to do our very best for our patients!

Anonymous gave Smile Matters a rating of 1 stars

they push for private, remind them of NHS

I would not recommend this place, even though I have been there 3 times for cleaning and 2 times for regular check-up. They seem too busy; the staffs, dentist, and receptionist don't take the proper time to see the patient. They just want to get the work done; it's not a good experience for patients who are not comfortable going to see a dentist - if you know what i mean. They also tried to push for private service, so remember to know there is always NHS and push for it! I have now gone somewhere else where the staffs actually take the time for patients and as a result it is a better experience!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016

Smile Matters replied on 09 May 2016

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for posting your feelings so that we can learn from them. Since you have not given your name or date of visits, it is hard to know exactly what happened on the days of your visits.
This is the first time that we have had this feedback so I would hope that you have posted to the right Practice! I am sorry that you felt we were too busy; there are busy periods but treatment is never shortened nor rushed. This sometimes causes lateness and the sense of busyness as more patients are in Reception.
We are a mixed Practice, offering both NHS & Private treatments. The NHS contract obliges us to offer all suitable options which include private options. Further, the NHS contract capacity is limited and we are not allowed to exceed the contract. Since December 2015, we have had to ration our NHS capacity to make it last till March 2016, the end of the financial year. We have openly explained this situation to patients and offered private options, delaying treatment options or a mix of treatment options. Also, there are some treatments which are considered elective / cosmetic by the DoH and so the NHS does not offer them. Hygiene sessions are an example of this, yet regular hygiene patients will vouch for the benefit of seeing a Hygienist once or twice a year. I am afraid the hard truth is that the NHS cannot fund everyone for everything all the time. We wish you good luck with your new dentist.
Kind regards, Nemish Mehta, Manager