Woodhall Dental Practice

Address: 33 Cole Green Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 3PP
Website: Website address not added

Anonymous gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

I am a nervous patient with sensitive teeth the treatment I receive here is absolutely excellent, well done and completely painless with lovely caring staff can't recommend them highly enough thank you

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 13 June 2014

Anonymous gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Not provided with proper NHS treatment

First couple of visits were fine as I received a decent quality scale & polish

Unfortunately on the last two visits I have seen a different dentist

Firstly they tried to get me to pay privately for a scale & polish with their in house hygenist

I told them I cannot afford this so they said she would do a 'basic' scale & polish

In effect what this means is they do a very cursory descaling leaving much of the tartar build up untouched - also they do not even attempt a polish afterwards at all

This is against NHS rules as you are supposed to received the same quality of care that you would received privately

Next time I will ask to see another dentist at the practise to see if I can get back to the treatment I originally received

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 03 March 2014

D.Castle gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

First class dentist

I have been going as a N.H.S. patient to this dentist for about nine years ,when they first opened.
I have only good things to say about them,far better treatment than being a private patient at my previous dentist practice.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 05 September 2013

Sara gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

Terrible advice - avoid at all costs

We had been going to these dentists as NHS patients for about 9 years for checkups without any complaints, since we had good dental health and take care of our teeth we didn't need any real treatment in that time. When our 6 year old daughter developed an extremely painful condition when her adult molars grew in extremely underdeveloped which resulted in painfully exposed nerves and a serious disruption to her eating habits and quality of life we went in numerous times requesting help and advice. They told us that there was absolutely nothing that could be done for her to deal with the problem or even reduce the pain. We were instructed the only course of action, without exception, was to wait until she was 8 years old when her wisdom teeth had begun to develop at which point they would decide whether to extract the problem teeth and guide the wisdom teeth in their place, or crown the underdeveloped teeth to retain them. This was of course not an option because our daughter couldn't even brush her teeth without extreme pain, so living that way for another 3 years was unthinkable. They refused to refer us for another opinion and were extremely rude and completely unhelpful when we asked for a referral to a private dentist for insurance purposes. We of course had no option but to get a second opinion from a private dentist without their support. The private dentist immediately referred us to a specialist in London and within weeks our daughter was given crowns which the specialist classified as essential. She said any other course of would have been inhuman. It cost us £4000 without the recommendation of our referring dentist. I can not understand why they would be so neglectful of their duty of care for a child. Their lack of compassion and inhuman treatment of a child is astounding. Needless to say they should be under review for their practices.

Now one year on our daughter is well and thriving due to the private treatment we sought and were fortunate enough to be able to get. The memory of the experience is a bad one, but in the past. Had we followed the advise of these terrible dentists and believed them that there was no option our daughter would still be suffering.

Visited in July 2013. Posted on 13 July 2014

Anonymous gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 1 stars

horrible receptionist

really nice dental people. only bad thing about this dentist is the arrogant person on reception. no manners no respect. apart from that everything els is perfect. if you can ignore the receptionist i would recommend.

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 28 August 2013

lee gave Woodhall Dental Practice a rating of 5 stars

excellent dental practice.

my family visit this dental practice, we always get excellent treatment, I personally feel I have been given treatment above what should be expected, I can honestly say the dentist has successfully helped me after a bad experience with my teeth, I really don't know what would of happened if I did not visit and get the very best of treatment from this practice, thank you really does not seem enough in this situation, but I do feel like they helped me out of a really bad situation and I am very grateful.

Visited in April 2013. Posted on 31 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Woodhall Dental Practice

Not accepting charge exempt adults

This dentist is not accepting charge exempt adults in October 2012, so information on this website is very out of date.

Visited in October 2012. Posted on 08 February 2013