Stanstead Dental Centre

020 8690 1233 335 Stanstead Road, Forest Hill , London, SE6 4UE

Anonymous gave Stanstead Dental Centre a rating of 1 stars

Lost my x-rays

I went for my appointment in September 2016, as my wisdom teeth were causing me a lot of pain. They took all the X-rays and said I should wait to hear from them for my hospital appointment to remove the teeth.

I called back three weeks later as I wanted an update , the receptionist said my case had been sent off to the hospital and I should wait to hear back. I waited a few more weeks and still heard nothing , so I called and the receptionist said the same.

I received a missed call second week of January with no voicemail from the dentist. I forgot to return the call. Then the first week of February I received another missed call , with no voicemail. I returned the call later on . The receptionist was only interested in me returning to have a couple of fillings. I enquired about the wisdom teeth and they said I would need to return to have the X rays redone. It turns out they have lost the X rays. Appalling service. Total waste of times. And I've been completely lied to on two occasions by the receptionist.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 08 February 2017

Stanstead Dental Centre replied on 09 February 2017

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your review. We always encourage feedback and are saddened to hear of your experience.
We advise that hospital referrals can take a few weeks or more for non urgent cases and unfortunately we are not kept up to date on the progress by the hospital.
The hospital occasionally ask for more X-rays to help them assess the patients case better. Our X-rays are all digital and backed up on our database so let me reassure you we wouldn't have lost them.
Your dental health is very important to us and we would generally remind patients of other pending treatment so it doesn't worsen while they are waiting to be seen in hospital for another issue.
I apologise for the bad experience you had with the receptionist and we will investigate the matter and make sure it doesn't happen in future.
Please contact us if you require any further information. We would be happy to help.
The Team @ Stanstead Dental.

Anonymous gave Stanstead Dental Centre a rating of 1 stars

Found somewhere else

I tried this dentist last year when I had a toothache. The first appointment I made was in the late afternoon and the X ray machine wasn't working so I was told to re-schedule and they made me another appt for a week later, by which time I was really looking forward to it because my tooth was still hurting, but then the day before got a phone call from them saying the dentist was off sick so they had to cancel it and reschedule for the following week, so I decided to move on but wasn't pleased with the time I'd wasted on them.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 March 2017

Nice Dentist

Happy with my treatment here. I like that it's a relatively small practice. Friendly staff, always willing to try for an appointment that suits you.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Excellent care

I am so glad I have found this practice. I used to be a nervous patient and avoided check-ups for years due to my anxiety and fear however my dentist’s sensitive and caring approach made me feel safe and, following very positive experiences receiving treatments here, my phobia has been cured.

I am now happy to attend regular check-ups and feel much more confident about my dental health overall. The receptionist is also very well organised and friendly. Big thanks to the team for their excellent standard of care.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

Anonymous gave Stanstead Dental Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and friendly dental care service!

Fantastic service with friendly and caring staff. Would recommend to family and friends.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 22 January 2016

Anonymous gave Stanstead Dental Centre a rating of 4 stars

Found my dentist!

The surgery was very clean and had a very nice atmosphere. The receptionist was very welcoming and explained what the forms were for. The dentist was a cover for the usual dentist, but was very nice and was very explanatory in what they were doing or why they were recommending a certain treatment.
I hadn't been to the dentist in about 2 + years and for the first time back in a surgery this was a very good 'first time experience'.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 01 August 2015