Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital

Exmoor Street , W10 6DZ

Based on 14 ratings for this clinic

Based on 14 ratings for this clinic

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Brilliant ! But could do with a little improvement.

I have to say, the staff were lovely. My appointment at this clinic put a lot of my worries at bay and helped me feel I was on the right path. I was, unfortunately, very disappointed with one member of staff. The first nurse I came to, They gave the impression that they did not care much for their patients. I felt they weren't really listening to what I was telling them and, as I later found out, they had not even carried out basic procedure with me, to the point they hadn't given me a pot to do a sample in. Surely this wouldn't have been much effort. I'm not usually one to complain but I was extremely disappointed with the obvious lack of interest, with something as serious as a pregnancy termination. This nurse simply had no compassion or care and, in their line of work, I deem it unprofessional and simply wrong. Perhaps they would do better in a more administrative role.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 14 January 2016

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 2 stars

From the minute I walked in

Rude unfriendly staff, doesn't help when already feeling nervous! Receptionist just looked at me, didn't say anything like can I help you or next please.
After been registered was asked if I had eaten and taken a pain killer, after saying no to having a pain killer they rolled their eyes, tutted and told me to sit down. Needs to change too many bad reviews!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 13 November 2015

Rude and short tempered

The reception staff were incredibly rude to about 70% of people who came into the clinic. Especially one telling other people's children off, rude about patients as they left, such a fowl attitude I watched them for about 1 hour as I was waiting for my walk in appointment.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 06 October 2015

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Nurse was a robot & have no confidence in care

I went to the clinic expecting qualified, knowledgeable staff. Instead I got a robot who repeated the same things to me over & over even when it wasn't answered the questions I had. I also got told 'I was trouble' in a semi-joking manner; I assume because I was asking questions and expecting answers to them.
Example: I was at the clinic to get my implant removed because it prolonged my bleeding and wanted to go back on the pill. I told the nurse I was bleeding now and asked how long after I started taking the pill before it stopped. I was told 'you take the pill for 21 days and then you stop taking it for 7 days and get your period'. That went on 3x. Seriously, I had to ask the same question 3 different ways before I got a different answer. When I finally got it through to them they said ' we don't know everyone is different'. Then I said would it be a week, two weeks? Then 'everyone is different it could be 3 days, it could be a week' How about answering the first time 'it varies for everyone but somewhere between 3 and 7 days'. I can't even explain how frustrating the entire experience was and how angry and uncomfortable I felt when I left the clinic. I have zero confidence in the care I received there and will not be going back.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 10 September 2015

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great service for IUD fit

I'm very satisfied with the service provided - IUD fit.
The doctor was on time for the appointment, they explained me the different options for contraception and answered all my questions.
The IUD fit itself wasn't painful as I was expected as the doctor was experienced.
I definitely recommend this clinic.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 03 September 2015

Shocking service!

Have been trying to get through to book an appointment, currently I'm on a second call because my first one after being kept on hold for 40 min got disconnected!

Now im 3rd in a queue again.... Another 40 min?

So that's how you care about your patients and thats how our calls are 'very important'? It's totally unacceptable!

I wonder how long will I have to wait to be seen by someone once I'm there.....????

I am awaiting for your comments!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Frustrated before you even get there

From personal experience where I've seen the receptionists ignore telephone calls for a long period of time because they're gossiping or reading magazines, I should of expected anything less when I called to make an appointment and was on hold for 25 minutes.

The times listed of RBKC website never coincided with what you're told on the phone. They're have been times when I've gone up to the clinic when they're supposedly taking walk ins and then told "no it's appointments only today"

You do tend to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before you're seen for a 5 minute appointment.
I don't find it a convenient service at all.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 13 March 2015

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very Rude staff and the nurse is judgmental and rough

I received a letter from my gp to have a paps smear test and HIV Screening and STD screening as part of my sexual health regular test. so i booked an appointment with reymede clinic. Upon arrival to the clinic to the clinic the receptionist is unapproachable and was not even smiling at all.

It was not long when I was called to see the nurse for my tests.They didn't even introduce themself to me, acting as if they didn't want to see me and even said I should be having my cup of tea instead of seeing me. They started by asking questions in a very intimidating tone, I felt so uncomfortable that I mumble to answer. If I dont answer correctly, they judged me that i dont understand english.

They then took my blood pressure, I just wiggled my thumb a lil bit and they suddenly slap my hand. The pap smear was the worst, they're very rough and started getting mad at me when i'm not relaxed eventhough i was relaxed throughout the procedure. Skill wise they are good however the attitude and the way they communicate to patient is very unappropriate and really rude. I worked in nhs clinics as well but we never treat patients like this. I hope if they become a patient they aren't treated as they treat they're patients.

Overall my experience was not good... I'm also working in nhs but we treated patients with respect. I hope reymede clinic learn to value respect and courtesy to people.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 12 January 2015

Gemma gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 1 stars

lousy reception team. long wait time.

Waited 2 hours after my appointment time for an appointment that took 5 minutes. Rubbish communication via reception, they were far too busy watching videos on their phones a few idly gossiping.

Dr was polite and helpful.

I would definitely travel elsewhere for future appointments.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 December 2014

Anonymous gave Raymede Clinic - St Charles Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Judgemental and rude. Never go to Raymede. Go to St Mary's.

I visited Raymede Clinic in 2014 to find out from professionals what might be the problem I was having and to find a solution. Should I be worried or not by what I had found had appeared on my skin?! The receptionist insisted I give full information to them before they had a word with a nurse/doctor via the telephone. A person came out from an office and instead of coming to speak with me, they spoke with the receptionist. They whispered, in a gossipy fashion, and I heard the receptionist give their opinion to their colleague on what they thought my problem was! (and it was sensationalist and judgemental). This was extremely embarrassing and upsetting. I sought help because I was quite concerned about my health, and anybody would have felt sensitive. I just needed to get this sorted so I stayed and bore this appallingly rude behaviour. (turned out it was nothing at all to worry about - the info must have got back to the receptionist because they were all smiles at the end - what, because I wasn't infected with something?!) It is a year later and I have to have a smear as well as a check up on a new issue. I have an aversion to using their services now so I checked this page and find many other people have had horrible experiences at Raymede Clinic at St Charles. Not once has the clinic responded! What do they say?! So, I need help in a supportive atmosphere from professionals and I will have to travel further afield, to get the service I need.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 November 2015