Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 125 ratings for this clinic

Based on 125 ratings for this clinic

Mrs Kay Cutts gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement

I found everybody very helpful. Everything was fully explained and when things were going to happen. They also answered every question that I asked. Cleanliness of the hospital was impeccable and the food was delicious. The staff on the wards all seemed happy while they were working. Medication was given bang on time every four hours. The surgeon and the doctors were very reassuring and put me at ease just before the operation. I have never had a spinal injection before but I never felt a thing. I was amazed. The surgeon that did the operation did actually come onto the ward to speak to me which I didn't expect. I recommend Barlbrough NHS Treatment Centre to anyone very highly.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Jenny Blackshaw gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic hospital

the staff and consultants were fantastic from my first consultation to my discharge , the staff are very caring and explained everything that was going to happened to me.
I was admitted as a day case patient for trigger finger release everyone was caring and could't do enough for any and all the patients in ward.
It is very clean and welcoming
I have nothing but HIGH praise for Barlborough Hospital and everyone who works there.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

John Bratley reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

Knee replacement

This was my right Knee replacement as I had my left knee replaced here in 2015, everyone involved in my operation was excellent, the per op team, the surgeon and their team,recovery and after care was for me spot on,
Would recommend Care UK Barlborough defiantly
Thanks to all involved
John Bratley

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough Treatment Centre NHS Choices website and thank you for coming to us for a second procedure - nothing says we are doing a good job better than 'second helpings'. Your first knee was obviously a great success so you trusted us to do the second one and this gesture speaks volumes.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery and if we can help you with anything else, you know where we are.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Michael Johnson gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement.

I had been having very bad pain with my right knee for months when i was referred to Barlborough NHS Centre i was seen by the specialist on 9/3/17 and was in the hospital on the 10/4/17 and had my knee replacement at 08.30 that morning. I have had very little pain and my knee is as good as new. I wish to thank my specialist and everyone concerned with Barlborough NHS you are absolutely brilliant.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website and I will pass on your thanks to all concerned. It's great to hear your knee is 'as good as new' and I hope it continues to improve over the next few weeks.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Kath gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care and kindness must be their mantra.

I was so terrified at the thought of an operation as I had never had one before, but from the first appointment I felt they understood and cared. All the people concerned with my care were so kind and understanding and happy in their work, which I'm sure related to the patients welbeing, it did me. The operation itself was not as traumatic as I expected, thanks to all the operating team, and I felt well enough to walk with help to the bathroom after a few hours of recovering the feeling in my legs. The food was first class and very fresh and hot, and the choices must cover everyone's tastes. The ward was constantly being cleaned and all the nurses used the cleansing gel on a regular basis, very good to see. I was surprised, after using the crutches the following day and having negotiated the stairs, that I could go home the day after the operation. Armed with the medication and instructions, i came home to my family. Since my stay we have phoned about a query and a very efficient person solved our problem, and once again I thought I had a problem with my leg and was asked if I would like to come in and let them have a look, which I did, and again nothing was too much trouble, and I was seen immediately, In the end I didn't have a problem but my mind was at ease. It's nice to know someone's at the end of the phone that knows what they are talking about and is patient with us patients.
I can't praise Balborough enough. Thank you all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Kevin Betts gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

2 Hip Replacements

Hello the first one was in June 2016 the second one March 2017 Barlborough were absolutely marvelous would recommend to anybody thank you to everybody involved from start to finish

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 18 April 2017

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. Your thanks will be passed on the everyone. The fact that you came back to us a second time speaks volumes and I'm happy you received the same high standard of care for both of your hip replacements.

We all wish you the very best.

reginald walker gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

total knee cap replacement 27th March 2017

From entering the reception and being taken by the porter to my ward and all involved in my operation to the after health care I can not praise them enough.

Also I need to give a special thank you to the people who prepare cook and choose the menues for the different people who they have to cater for as they do a marvalous job I can not thank you enough and I would certainly recommend Balborough NHS to anyone.

With a special thank you to the consultant and all their staff that were involved during and after my operation which I can not thank them enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Dear Reginald,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. I seems you have managed to thank everyone which is lovely. Quite often the staff other than the Surgical team get forgotten but we believe that all our staff play a huge part in the care and well-being of our patients, both before and after their surgery.

We all hope you are making good progress and not feeling too uncomfortable. We will see you at your six week's post-op.

Anonymous gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

Service provided by them was exceptionally good.
Before,during,and after operation every one was very helpful and caring.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. It's always good to hear that every aspect of a patient's care was a good one. We all hope you have recovered well from your Day Surgery.

Anonymous gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 3 stars

High Speed Hip Replacement

I arrived at the treatment centre at 6.30 one morning during March and left after 48 hours with a new hip joint and a bag of painkillers. Although I appreciate the skill of the surgeons and the theatre teams I feel that the aftercare by the nursing and healthcare staff was very lacking in helping me to cope with the trauma of the pain resulting from the operation. Some of the night staff in particular were not readily available to supply ice packs and painkillers and seemed disinterested in helping patients.
Being wheeled out to our car by my husband with the bag of painkillers was just the start of even more trauma for me. I was not given any advice on pain management by nursing staff or by the only junior doctor. Nor was I told what discomfort to expect during the various stages of the healing of the leg, before the removal of the TED white support stockings or after removal the stockings when the blood is flowing through the various joints and muscles of the leg.
I had my follow up review with a physiotherapist. They considered that my wound was healing well and I had good movement of the leg. To relieve my discomfort they suggested that I use heat at the soft tissue trigger points and have my husband massage my legs. No suggestion was made of being referred for physiotherapy sessions.
Having been recommended Barlborough Treatment Centre and after reading all the 5 star reviews I was expecting much better treatment, particularly aftercare. I now feel I would have received a much better service at my local hospital, with better nursing staff and more junior doctors to support the consultant surgeons and, possibly, an NHS referral for physiotherapy.
Having just started a private physiotherapy course and, hearing of bad experiences of friends, I have realised that comprehensive rehabilitation physiotherapy should be a critical part of aftercare following any orthopaedic treatment. This is not offered through Barlborough nor by many NHS hospitals.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about our Hospital on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We welcome all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as this gives us the opportunity to learn and amend our practices. I'm very sorry you were dissatisfied with the treatment you received during your stay, this is not how we like to treat our patients and we certainly don't want patients to feel that once they have been discharged, they are on their own. We would like to do a full investigation into how/why you were not happy and look at what we can do to relieve your discomfort but unfortunately you haven't left your name. If you would like to email me - mandy.miller@careuk.com or telephone me on my direct number which is 01246 575057 with further information, we would welcome the opportunity to help you. I sincerely hope you will take up this offer.

PatE gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement

I have just had a partial knee replacement at Barlborough Hospital and the care I received was excellent. I had spinal anaesthesia which was amazing and the operation went very well. Pain free all of first day then second day with regular pain relief only mild pain allowing me to use crutches and do physio exercises. I was allowed home on the second day. I cannot praise Barlborough enough and all the staff who work there. They are amazing. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 07 April 2017

Dear Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the NHS Choices website. We do the majority of our joint replacement surgeries using spinal anaesthesia as this helps with the post-operative pain relief, as you experienced first hand. We have an amazing team here at Barlborough and our only aim is to provide the very best of care to our patients in a clean, safe and happy environment.

We all hope you are recovering nicely and getting back to your day to day activities.

With best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.