Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

0333 200 4066 c/o Care UK, 2 Lindrick Way, Barlborough , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S43 4XE

Based on 128 ratings for this clinic

Based on 128 ratings for this clinic

Barbara reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

Lack of information

I'm in the outpatients clinic and so far I'm 50 minutes late going in for my appointment. Why not put waiting times up on the plasma screen? When I asked the receptionist how long the delay was they said "Oh, is there a delay?" Not a good start.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 26 June 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 June 2017

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for posting your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We appreciate all forms of feedback, both positive and negative, as this gives us the opportunity to learn.

I'm sorry to hear you have had quite a wait for your appointment and nobody told you there was a delay. This is not our normal practice and will be looked into. We do tell patients that when they come for their pre-assessment that they can expect to be here around 3-4 hours. This allows for all the tests, x-rays and Consultations to be carried out at the one appointment, where possible of course.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the business, delays cannot be predicted and when they occur, we do try and catch up. However, our Consultants won't be rushed as this may compromise a thorough examination and diagnosis. I do hope you can appreciate this. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please call me on 01246 575057 or email mandy.miller@careuk.com.

Please accept our apologies for the delay and I hope we are able to treat you very soon.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Mrs Kay Cutts gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement

I found everybody very helpful. Everything was fully explained and when things were going to happen. They also answered every question that I asked. Cleanliness of the hospital was impeccable and the food was delicious. The staff on the wards all seemed happy while they were working. Medication was given bang on time every four hours. The surgeon and the doctors were very reassuring and put me at ease just before the operation. I have never had a spinal injection before but I never felt a thing. I was amazed. The surgeon that did the operation did actually come onto the ward to speak to me which I didn't expect. I recommend Barlbrough NHS Treatment Centre to anyone very highly.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Dear Kay,

Thank you for leaving your kind feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We like to give our patients as much information as possible which we hope helps to relieve their anxiety and prompt questions. It's amazing that when we are scared and don't have all the information we need, our mind immediately thinks the worse! Our Consultants are very good at visiting patients post-operatively - they like to see first hand that their patients are recovering well and also give them feedback about their surgery.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery and you know where we are if you need us in the future.

Jenny Blackshaw gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic hospital

the staff and consultants were fantastic from my first consultation to my discharge , the staff are very caring and explained everything that was going to happened to me.
I was admitted as a day case patient for trigger finger release everyone was caring and could't do enough for any and all the patients in ward.
It is very clean and welcoming
I have nothing but HIGH praise for Barlborough Hospital and everyone who works there.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 24 May 2017

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website and thank you for choosing us to have your surgery. We pride ourselves on the service with give to our patients and whether it be a minor or major procedure - everyone receives the same high standard of care in a clean and stress free environment.

We hope it's not too long before you get back the full use of your hand and you know where we are if you need us again.

With very best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Aden Gillman gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Full knee replacement

I cannot speak too highly about my treatment at this hospital. I had my operation on 11 May 2017 at 10:00 am. I was back on the ward at 12:30 noon and from then on, food, staff, including physics were fantastic. Everything was done to make you feel more comfortable and ready for home. I was back in my own home the day after, and I cannot thank everyone for enough for all their dedication towards their patients.

Aden Gillman, Aston

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 30 May 2017

Dear Aden,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We take great pride in the care and attention we give to our patients and if they are happy, we are happy. You did very well to be discharged the day after your surgery and hopefully you are still progressing nicely and keeping up with your exercises.

We look forward to seeing you at your six weeks post-op review and in the meantime, hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

With best wishes, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Dave gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Hip hip hooray

What can l say
Had a knee replacement done 3 years ago , which went superb location had superb treatment and care then , so upon needing a hip replacement this month later had no hesitation as to which hospital I was going to choose again I experienced the same expert treatment and care , the catering staff do a fantastic job too always there with a nice drink and biscuits, meals are very good too . All the staff are friendly and jovial which makes your stay so much more pleasant and you know that any doubts you have will be answered honestly , have recommended barlborough to quite a few people over the last three years "well done all you at barlborough nhs"

Dave

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 22 June 2017

Dear Dave,

Thank you for leaving your kind comments on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. Coming back for a second procedure is a compliment in itself and I'm happy to hear that you got the same high standard of treatment you received the first time around.

We all wish you the very best and hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker, Hospital Director and Marco LaMalfa, Medical Director.

Patrick Knowles gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacements

I have been a patient for both of my knee replacements and have received excellent care and treatment from start to finish on both occasions .
From the Consultants ,nurses ,carers to cleaners and kitchen staff who make excellent meals my experience has been excellent would recommend this hospital to anyone needing orthopaedic treatment .

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 22 June 2017

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We always like to hear when a patient has been back for a second procedure because this means we got it right the first time. Our staff take great pride in knowing in working together to provide a happy, clean and safe environment for our patients and from your comments it seems this is working well.

We all wish you the very best and hope you make a quick and pain free recovery.

John Bratley reviewed Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre

Knee replacement

This was my right Knee replacement as I had my left knee replaced here in 2015, everyone involved in my operation was excellent, the per op team, the surgeon and their team,recovery and after care was for me spot on,
Would recommend Care UK Barlborough defiantly
Thanks to all involved
John Bratley

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 26 April 2017

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on the Barlborough Treatment Centre NHS Choices website and thank you for coming to us for a second procedure - nothing says we are doing a good job better than 'second helpings'. Your first knee was obviously a great success so you trusted us to do the second one and this gesture speaks volumes.

We all hope you make a quick and pain free recovery and if we can help you with anything else, you know where we are.

With kind regards, Mandy J Miller - PA to Steve Booker and Marco La Malfa, Medical Director.

Michael Johnson gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement.

I had been having very bad pain with my right knee for months when i was referred to Barlborough NHS Centre i was seen by the specialist on 9/3/17 and was in the hospital on the 10/4/17 and had my knee replacement at 08.30 that morning. I have had very little pain and my knee is as good as new. I wish to thank my specialist and everyone concerned with Barlborough NHS you are absolutely brilliant.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 27 April 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 27 April 2017

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website and I will pass on your thanks to all concerned. It's great to hear your knee is 'as good as new' and I hope it continues to improve over the next few weeks.

Kath gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

Care and kindness must be their mantra.

I was so terrified at the thought of an operation as I had never had one before, but from the first appointment I felt they understood and cared. All the people concerned with my care were so kind and understanding and happy in their work, which I'm sure related to the patients welbeing, it did me. The operation itself was not as traumatic as I expected, thanks to all the operating team, and I felt well enough to walk with help to the bathroom after a few hours of recovering the feeling in my legs. The food was first class and very fresh and hot, and the choices must cover everyone's tastes. The ward was constantly being cleaned and all the nurses used the cleansing gel on a regular basis, very good to see. I was surprised, after using the crutches the following day and having negotiated the stairs, that I could go home the day after the operation. Armed with the medication and instructions, i came home to my family. Since my stay we have phoned about a query and a very efficient person solved our problem, and once again I thought I had a problem with my leg and was asked if I would like to come in and let them have a look, which I did, and again nothing was too much trouble, and I was seen immediately, In the end I didn't have a problem but my mind was at ease. It's nice to know someone's at the end of the phone that knows what they are talking about and is patient with us patients.
I can't praise Balborough enough. Thank you all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 23 May 2017

Dear Kath,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. We are fully aware of what a daunting experience coming into Hospital can be and all of our staff are trained to deal with each patient as an individual and recognise different needs. Everyone works together to make our patients feel as comfortable and as stress free as possible and it's good to hear that for the majority of people, this tailored care package works.

We are here for you long after you have been discharged and strongly encourage all patients that should they be experiencing any problems, however small, their first port of call is us.

We all hope you make a pain free recovery and get back to normal as quickly as possible.

Kevin Betts gave Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre a rating of 5 stars

2 Hip Replacements

Hello the first one was in June 2016 the second one March 2017 Barlborough were absolutely marvelous would recommend to anybody thank you to everybody involved from start to finish

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

Barlborough NHS Treatment Centre replied on 18 April 2017

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on the Barlborough NHS Choices website. Your thanks will be passed on the everyone. The fact that you came back to us a second time speaks volumes and I'm happy you received the same high standard of care for both of your hip replacements.

We all wish you the very best.