Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office

Based on 56 ratings for this care provider

Based on 56 ratings for this care provider

HelenSL gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Thank you!

I needed to find a care company to go in daily to help Mum with meals as she lives alone and has early Alzheimer's. I live 300 miles away and am an only child so I can't pop in every day to help her. I chose Helping Hands, and am so glad I did. They are wonderful. Any problems are sorted out immediately. The staff are wonderful. I can't speak highly enough of them.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Jennie gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Helping hands York Exellent

Helping hands York have given me and excellent service from day 1. I have very punctual and consistent carers who are friendly and easy to communicate with, The care given is totally person centered and my needs from the carers and managers always come first. The staff that manage in the office are willing to work with other carers in the care field if necessary. The staff are all one big team who work together and go above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy with the service, this includes making sure the carers are looked after and happy in thier work. Helping hands York have treated me much better than any care company I have been a customer to in the past. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 1 stars

Terrible, unsupportive, uncaring company - don't be fooled

Helping Hands are just interested in their own profit margins and their 'look'. It is clear that although some of the front line staff are lovely the expectations of the company are over and above what the managers are able to achieve and do.

My family have experienced inadequate care and support and feel that Helping Hands are just interested in making as much money as possible for example I know that 'Live -in' carers receive such a small amount of the total cost we pay for the care - into whose pocket does all the rest go.

Don't be fooled that this is a 'family' company - it is a private for profit organisation that doesn't care about its staff or clients.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Nicola Wells gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Mother' carer

A member of staff came into my Mother's life very recently. Since then this member of staff has proved themself to be invaluable. The member of staff is a very caring, hard working member of staff and we trust them completely.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Friendly and supportive

Helping hands are friendly, efficient and prompt I felt in safe hands from the moment I met the branch manager who came to do my assessment willing to do anything that is asked of them.
I could not ask for a better service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Claire Hugo gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

What a great experience.

Helping hands you are amazing.
My week in training was the best I have ever attended,the training staff had so much patience and very friendly.
It was very intense and extremely knowledgeable,I have just completed the online exams it was hard but with determation I got through it.
I would highly recommend helping hands to anyone.
What a caring ? heartfelt company.
Thankyou so much for a incredible experience.
Claire.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 3 stars

Mixed feelings

When we contacted Helping Hands the people were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. We could adjust times my father was put to bed and household tasks would be no issue.
Once started we found some of the carers to be lovely. However we suffered with the same issues as we did with the council carers in that the visits were rushed. Several times my father had tea at 6.15 and was packed off to bed at 8.20. When you can't move in bed or sleep well thats very early !! Our complaints fell on deaf ears, even though the carers put him to bed at 8.20 then spent 30 mins watching his TV before the hour was up And moving to the next job.
We also found them very quick to complain about my Dad's wrong doings and slightly over money orientated.

Overall they were decent but not sure id recommend.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017

Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office replied on 31 July 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for the review we appreciate both positive and negative feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you feel your care visits are rushed, this is not up to Helping Hands' usual high standards.

Please email marketing@helpinghands.co.uk with more information on the issue, we will then be able to look into this and rectify the issue.

Thank you for getting in touch.

Callum

Anonymous gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Piotr

The training was fabulous, not only theory but exercises. The Trainer give us all help what we need and more.

Anne Ellis gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

Training week

The training and the Trainer was excellent. There were tears of laughter and tears of sadness, but my focus and attention were never lost. A very worthwhile course at which I have learnt a lot. The hands on training was also excellent and if you didn't quite grasp it, the trainer was there to help, without making you feel embarrassed or awkward.

Ann gave Helping Hands Home Care - Head Office a rating of 5 stars

First Class Professional Training

Extremely good training programme, 5 days of fabulous lessons filling the new trainees with confidence and knowledge. If you want to be a Top Carer then train with the Best Company.