The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

01384 456111 South Block, Russells Hall Hospital, Pensnett Road , Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 2HQ

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Bi-lateral Inguinal hernia repair day surgery

Just wanted to thank everyone on the day surgery team that dealt with me today. Friendly, efficient, and op seems to be complete success, no pain (yet), just a bit sore. First time I've needed NHS hospital since I was a small child. We're so fortunate to have such a wonderful institution, staffed by such caring and capable clinicians. No praise is high enough. Thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Forgetful gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in Eye Clinic

I mixed up the days of my appointment in the Eye Clinic at Russells Hall Hospital and turned up a day too late, having missed my appointment the day before. I felt terrible for not attending but the member of staff on reception could not have been more understanding. They went above and beyond to contact my consultant's secretary on my behalf to arrange for another appointment for me. This appointment arrived in the post a few days later. I'll be sure not to miss this one!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about your experience of the eye clinic. It is fantastic to hear that you found our member of reception staff to be so helpful during your visit. We have passed your kind comments onto the team.

Lovely professional staff in ED

Thank you to the lovely staff in your emergency department who looked after my 5 year so well after a potential head injury from a trampoline accident. Everyone was very helpful the nurse who interacted with my child was great and made it all very easy . Told me what to look out for gave us some info and said to just call if I was at all worried. Excellent service all within an hour and half on a Saturday.
Just get the tablet PCs fixed In the waiting room.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about your child’s experience of our Emergency Department. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with the care and treatment your child received and that our staff helped put your both at ease during your visit. We have passed your kind comments onto the team.

Anonymous reviewed The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

My son glandular fever no bed after 27 hours ,no hot drink

My son been in Russell's hall hospital since 3pm Sunday,after 27 hours no hot drink offered and no hot food only a sandwich after 27 hours,no bed just on a trolley,told this morning had to have a scan and more bloods done and still waiting 8 hours later, and all I get is a nurse rolling their eyes at me,I'm a HCA myself and would be had for neglect if I left my patient in same way, disgusting,had no blanket to sleep with had to use his coat,and this is acceptable on surgical assessment unit,

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 December 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your son's visit to Russells Hall Hospital. We are very sorry to hear that you have been so unhappy with your son’s experience of our Surgical Assessment Unit.

We always aim to offer the highest standards of care and so it is very disappoint that we fell short of those standards during your son’s visit.

We would welcome the opportunity to look into the issues you have raised. If you would like us to do this, contact our Matron for Surgery via the main switchboard on 01384 456111.

patpric3 gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very caring

I had to go through NHS England to convince my friends gp that she had the right to choose where she could have her care. For personal reasons she didn't want to use her GPS choice of hospital. When we arrived at xray there was some confusion with the reception because it was not the usual form even though the situation had been discussed with a radiologist by the practice manager. This caused my friend considerable distress. However once this hiccup was overcome she was extremely impressed with the efficiency of xray and all the staff she interacted with. We had reason to return to the surgery within an hour of leaving xray and the surgery obtained the results within the hour. Within twenty four hours my friend had received an appointment for a cat scan and a consultant appointment. She is obviously aware of the fast track system and it's relevant implications however as a retired practice manager she was extremely impressed. Well Done Russell's hall.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you, Pat, for posting feedback about your friend’s experience of Russells Hall Hospital. It is wonderful to know that she was impressed by the quick and efficient service she received from our staff during her visit to X-ray. We have passed your kind comments onto the X-ray team.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great treatment from the orthopaedic team

Had a real problem with my knee for years and the team at Corbett under the consultant were thorough, polite and kept me informed the whole time during my several visits and scans. Can't thank them enough.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about Corbett Outpatient Centre. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with the care you received from your consultant and their team and that you were kept well informed about your treatment. We have passed your comments onto the orthopaedic team.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Five hour wait at Russells Hall A&E!!

My son was taken by ambulance to Russells Hall hospital. After two hours he was triaged and told there was then a further three hour wait to see an ambulatory doctor! We decided to go leave and go to our own GP but were given no information from the hospital to take. The triage nurse was miserable (obviously under a lot of pressure and stress), there was a constantly long queue at reception with one person dealing with visitors and two sitting chatting behind them. Thank goodness we don't live in Dudley!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience of our A&E Department. We are sorry to hear that you were unimpressed with the service you received during your son's visit.

In line with hospitals nationally, we aim to see, treat, admit or discharge all of our patients within four hours of arriving at A&E and so we are sorry if your son waited longer than this.

All patients arriving in A&E are triaged and clinical priority is given based on the nature and severity of a patient's illness or injury. This means that the most poorly patients are seen first.

If you would like us to look into this further, please contact A&E matron Rachel Tomkins via the main switchboard 01384 456111. Meanwhile we have passed your comments onto to matron and lead nurse.

clare highfield gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

No staff no organization!

had to visit my grandfather here and cant believe how disorganized it was! There was no room on the ward he needed for his dementia needs so he was moved and .was put on another ward on the next floor with patients from operations! It was obvious they just wanted the bed so they were putting him anywhere they could even though he hadnt seen a doctor that day. There was one nurse and the rest were from am agency . they were very good but one of them said shed never worked there before and was in charge of the ward! the nurse told me they didnt work there either and had been sent there from their own ward this morning because there was no staff at all to work on there! nobody knew where anything was and we felt bad asking for anything and it was obvious none of the staff knew what they were doing or where anything was! buzzers kept going off all the time we were visiting and we waited ages for them to anyone to answer

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 27 October 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your grandfather’s experience of Russells Hall Hospital. We always aim to offer the highest standards of care and so we are very sorry that we fell short of those standards during your grandfather’s visit.

We would welcome the opportunity to look into the concerns you have raised about your grandfather’s care. If you would like us to do this, please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on free phone 0800 073 0510.

Gill lem gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Total lack of respect

I have been unfortunate enough to have my parents admitted 3 times to this hospital this year. The first time my father was discharged with a mere graze as discribed by lead tissue consultant requiring no further treatment when in fact it was it was a 2cm pressure ulcer which was immediately picked up by his carer and is still being dressed 3x a week some 4 mths later. In june my mother was admitted following a fall and on being transferred her glasses went missing which no one would claim responibity for. I thought well accidents happens and i replaced at a cost to myself even Though i had never been asked to sign a disclaimer. The ultimate being while in hospital following a massive stroke her wedding ring of 61 years was removed from her swollen finger leaving severe bruising and has dissappeared off the face of the earth and no one seems to give a toss. I wouldnt mind if her care compensated for this but the first thing i have to do every visit is comb her hair and clean her mouth which is so dry. Although her pad is changed every 4 hrs she is left in the same position which surely is not good for pressure sores hence the breakdown in her skin. My father of 83 yrs sits with her for 4/5 hrs every day and is never even offered a drink. Would i recommend this hospital no not even to a dying duck.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Tracy McClymont reviewed The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Day surgery and aftercare

The staff on the day surgery ward were excellent. In particular the nurse in charge was truly brilliant and went above and beyond to ensure we were all as comfortable as possible while waiting. They kept regular checks on us and if anything looked like it was going the wrong way repeat observations were carried out by them. All the staff on day case deserve 100% praise and thanks for the hard work that they do on a daily basis. However sadly the same cannot be said about ward B5 station 2 as I was transferred there after my operation as I was not recovering as well as expected and from the time I arrived on b5 I was made to feel like a nuisance and in the way. It was proposed that I was going to be sent home in a black cab which I cannot climb into due to hip/back problems without any notifications to my husband who is disabled with sight loss and other physical disabilities and would not have been in a position to care for me. It cost us £60 in taxi fares for my husband to go backwards and forwards to the hospital and as we are only in receipt of disability benefits this was a large chunk out of our income.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 29 May 2016