York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01904 631313 The York Hospital, Wigginton Road , York, North Yorkshire, YO31 8HE

Lucy Hudson gave York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from A&E, Ward 32 & the VIU

I would like to thank the units above for their excellent care and service when I presented at A&E with chest pain, was admitted to Ward 32 and the VIU for my angiogram and stent.
A&E were responsive, listening and supportive at a time when I was frightened having 4 unstable angina attacks within 5 days.
Ward 32 were extremely busy, staff were not stop caring, cleaning, serving food, aiding patients and all other manor of duties. I was most grateful for their time and care.
The Ward was spotlessly clean with regular wipe downs and mopping by friendly staff.
With some nerves the VIU staff collected me and put me at ease on my way to my angiogram, they were sensitive and supportive.
I would like to thank the Trust for being treated as an individual, with sensitivity, care and empathy in a very acceptable time-frame.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

It's great to hear that our Emergency Department, Ward 32 and VIU unit were able to provide such excellent care and service when you came to us with chest pain.

I am pleased to hear that the ward was spotless and that staff were sensitive and supportive where they needed to be.

I hope you are fully recovered and that you will receive the same high standard of care should you need our services again in the future.

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Susan smith gave York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent surgery at Bridlington

I recently had a toatl knee replacement on the Kent ward,Bridlington.I just want to let others know what a wonderful team they are.The care given was a rated.The staff were professional,caring and put me at ease.The ward was run in a friendly an efficient way.
Excellant care given.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Thanks for letting us know how wonderful the Kent Ward Team are at Bridlington Hospital, it's great to hear that the care given was first class and that our staff were professional and caring throughout.

I do hope your knee is feeling better and that you are well on the mend.

OH an unpleasant shock.

Liked the way it was possible to communicate by email.

Didn't like the attitude of nurses or support staff. Didn't compare favourably with elsewhere.

Don't like that this unpalatable OH is being used by local universities.

Ask to be referred to another trust or pay..it's worth the money.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am sorry to hear about you experience regarding staff attitude.

We do take your comments very seriously and would like the opportunity to look into your concerns further.

If you would like discuss this with us, please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01904 726262 or email us at pals@york.nhs.uk and we will be pleased to help.

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Simon Starbuck gave at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent urgent eye care given to my son

From GP appointment to extraction of a foreign body from my sons eye by the Opthalmology clinic took only 2 1/2 hours. Our experience at the clinic was both friendly and efficient. Particularly the time and care the doctor took to put my young son at ease and explain things turned what could of been traumatic into a very positive experience. This was all done outside of normal hours by on call staff.

Thank you very much to everyone involved.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

It's fantastic to hear that we were able to help your son so swiftly and that you found the clinic both efficient and friendly throughout.

We are very proud of our staff and we know that they always strive to provide the best service to our patients; it's great to get feedback from our patients reflecting this.

I hope that your son's eye is feeling better and that he receives the same high standard of care should you need our services again in the future.

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Charlotte hazell gave York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Labour and post natal care at scarborough

In May I gave birth to my second child extremally quickly. All within 2 1/2 hours from first contraction. That quickly that we didn't make it into the hospital I ended up giving birth outside in the hospital car park. The nurses and midwives that came to me were absolutely amazing and made me feel so safe and calm even though I wasn't in the best of locations to give birth. They could not of been any more helpful if they had tried. Due to my little boy needing a little extra care we had to stay in hospital for a week and during this week all staff including the domestics were so lovely and caring. What could have been a very traumatic experience ended up been one of the most memorable moments of my life. If I had to go through it all again i wouldn't change a thing. Thankyou to all the staff at scarborough hospital on SCBU & the maternity wards. Oh and the nurses on Ash ward that came running to assist.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Congratulations on the birth of your Son!

What an eventful day, giving birth in the car park at the hospital.

It's fantastic to hear that despite the location our staff were able to reassure you and make you feel calm and safe.

I am so pleased that despite it being an eventful experience it was still so positive and that we could be with you when you needed us the most.

Best wishes to you and your son and I hope you continue receive the same standard of care should you need our services again in the future.

York urology department

After leaving numerous voicemails as well as being transferred without any due care by the secretary of the above department nearly a week since my last call- has anyone from that department done what they promise to do in their voicemail? Returned any of my calls
""""I am afraid not""""""
A shame i cannot get this in Northalleron-,that is a good hospital not York

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Firstly, please accept my apologies for not having responded to your comment sooner - we have had some technical issues accessing some of our comments.

I am so sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered trying to get hold of one of our medical secretaries. The delay in our response to your comment, I am sure, has done nothing to reassure you that your experience is very important to us but your experiences do matter to us.

I can appreciate that quite some time has passed and it is very possible that my suggestion of contacting PALS is no longer appropriate but we do take your comments very seriously and would like the opportunity to look into your concerns further.

John reviewed at York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

5-star Attention

Had my first cataract surgery in November 2016 and have been on the waiting list for the surgery on my other eye since that time.
Received a telephone call on Monday afternoon 24th April to offer me the option of filling a cancelled appointment.
Naturally I was happy to accept the appointment which was for Tuesday 25th April.
I received the same level of excellent attention from everyone as enjoyed on my previous visit, with everything being fully explained throughout.

One comes away with the feeling that the Opthamology Department works as a great team. Thank You so much to everyone.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am so pleased to hear that your second Cataract surgery at York Hospital went ahead and that you received the same excellent care and attention the second time round.

Disgustingly dirty

I visited Scarborough hospital and had a bit of difficulty parking. The sign for visitor and patient parking is a little vague. The cafe area was very untidy and a little dirty (litter on the floor, dirty uncleared tables). The visitors toilets (female) were disgusting. The paper towel bin overflowing and used paper towels all over the floor No toilet paper in the cubicles and faeces all over the toilet bowls. The doors of the cubicles were not clean.
I handed my appointment letter to a member of staff in the relevant department. About 15 minutes later the same member of staff came and asked me who I was. The proceedure I was there to have was conducted professionally and I have no complaint against that professional. My overall experience of the hospital was not good.
I hope not to return/

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I am so sorry to hear that the Female toilets at Scarborough Hospital were disgusting that that the bins were overflowing and that you had a similar experience in the café, this is not the standard we would expect in our hospitals. Despite the delay I will forward your concerns onto the Domestics team for their information.

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

keith parrott gave York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

colonoscapy

yesterday i had a colonoscopy .id like to pass on my many thanks for the reasurence i was given .i was nervous to begin with but from the start to the finish i was put at ease and knew i was in safe hands . i was treated with the utmost respect . to the consultant and all the nursing staff each and every one i say thank for you all for care you gave me

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 23 December 2016

York Teaching Hospital NHS foundation Trust replied on 05 January 2017

Dear Keith
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.I am so pleased to hear about that you had such a good experience during your Colonoscopy appointment with us.
It's great to hear that staff treated you with respect and were able to reassure you when you needed it most.
Wishing you the best for the New Year
The Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent maternity service

An excellent maternity service on all levels . I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with my 4 th pregnancy and the whole care package from ante natal to post natal was fantastic. Midwives were friendly and professional. A credit to the hospital. Well done

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 16 August 2017

York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

It's great to hear that staff were friendly and professional whilst you were under the care of our Maternity Services at York Hospital.

I am so glad that that care was fantastic from antenatal through to postnatal.

Best wishes to you and I hope you continue receive the same standard of care should you need our services again in the future.