Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01935 475122 Yeovil District Hospital, Higher Kingston , Yeovil, Somerset, BA21 4AT

Tanya gave Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor communication.

Father in law has spent two weeks in Yeovil District hospital and West Mendip after falling ill on holiday. Staff and social workers do not communicate with immediate family and discharged him early without any clear explanation on his ongoing treatment and requirements. We were not told he still had a catheter in place! His aftercare plan was sent to his GP despite the fact he wasn’t going home after discharge & GP wouldn’t have been able to action the aftercare. No help in arranging social services care

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A and E visit

I was admitted by ambulance with a dislocated shoulder in a lot of pain and extremely uncomfortable. I was seen quickly and treated with care and dignity by all of the staff (nurses, radiographers etc)
Everything was explained carefully and the the doctor who put my shoulder "back" was brilliant.
The department was clean and the hand hygiene good.
Thank you for looking after a woman who is approaching 70 as an individual who is important.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to compliment the care you received at Yeovil District Hospital. Your comments have been passed on to the Emergency Department and Radiology staff, who will be encouraged to receive them.

Sid Hawkins, Patient Experience Team

Anonymous gave Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disgusted and disapointed

Treat my mother like a criminal , a quote from the nurse " not sure what's going on as I've just come on shift , I don't no where to put you as no one wants you". My mum was doubled up in in pain vomiting then told by the same nurse nothing wrong with you , you can go home.

When the Dr did manage to attend her, they were sarcastic and said sorry I was giving CPR to a patient who's heart kept stopping. I get they are super busy , and underfunded ect but she did not diserve to be spoke to or treat like that or made to feel bad for being in a hospital bed. If it wasn't for family my mum would have crawled out of there with guilt.

Upset and raging in the same breath turns out after hours of forcing our point it was found out that my mum has kidney stones, Gaul stones, a cyst on her overy and diverticulitis yet told by consistently throughout the evening nothing wrong with her and asked to leave.

Another point nurses dropping gloves then putting them on, not washing hands from patient to patient and filthy bedding covered in hair and footprints.

Not sure if it's the norm but no swab for MRSA either.

Let down.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 July 2017

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 July 2017

We are so sorry to read your feedback and would very much like to investigate your concerns. If you could telephone the Patient Experience Team on 01935 384706 or email pals@ydh.nhs.uk we will most certainly look into your mother's experience.

Excellent place to work

Lovely ward and friendly staff on the orthopedic specialty, I would highly recommend this place as a place to work and be a patient as they are so caring and considerate

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. They have been passed on to the staff in Orthopaedics, who will be encouraged to receive them.

Sid Hawkins, Patient Experience Team

A+E attendance

My mum collapsed on the 24th March and was taken by ambulance to Yeovil accident and emergency at about 4.30. It was really busy and we were in A+E some time but I have to say the care and treatment my mother received was excellent. The consultant and the nurses on duty that day were fantastic (even though my mother can be very stubborn!) She was then admitted to EAU until Sunday and again the care she received was excellent, and watching the nurses on EAU - with other patients - have the patience of a saint and need a medal!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 April 2017

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 July 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind comments. They have been passed on to all of the staff involved who will be encouraged to receive them.

ROBERT gave Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

Attended yeovil hospital 26/05/2016 to get a replacment hernia truss Althouh being told I would receive one Four months and several phone calls later I am still waiting If they are not going to supply one surely they should let me know and let me get on with my life.A shocking way to be treat a patient

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 29 September 2016

Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Lynn Leary gave Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

wonderful

I would like to say how amazing everyone has been at Yeovil District Hospital. Without exception and enormous thank you to Orthopaedics, day surgery (ward 6a), the team in the plaster room etc etc
On every visit during February and March I have been treated professionally, kindly, with dignity and as a human being.
Management at Yeovil Hospital, be proud you have wonderful staff and they are all a credit to you.
Thank you.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Accident/Emergency Dept and ITU

I should like to thank both these depts for the care they gave to my wife one night in January. You did all you could and made her and the family as comfortable as possible. You all do a tremendous job in very difficult circumstances, well done.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 14 February 2016

2 night stay

My father has just come out of hospital after the second part of a procedure to remove a kidney stone. I would like to say thank you on his behalf to all the nursing staff, doctors and cleaners who treated my father with respect and care. I don't think he could have received better treatment if he had been a private patient. The standard of cleanliness is also in my opinion very good.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 25 October 2015