Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

020 8546 7711 Galsworthy Road , Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7QB

Excellent

Went to Kingston Hospital A&E at 7pm as my LO was complaining of arm pain and within 30 min had x-ray done and seen by the doctor, the nurses were excellent specially the 2 x-ray technicians who were struggling to hold my LO hand while doing the x-ray
Was on my way home within one hour
Would like to thank the whole team at AE on that shift.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Inadequate care- they have a habit of leaving you high&dry!

Visited A&E through no other choice and was told by GP practice and walk in centres to head to A&E as I could have suspected appendicitis or trouble with my gall bladder. Throughout the whole process I was made to feel like I was wasting their time and wasn't treated with Curtisy and respect and was just left out in the corridor for all to see me in pain.
After a blood test and one irrevelant test, they said they couldn't find any reason for my pain and sent me home, telling me to go see my GP. Now I'll have to wait weeks to see my GP, and then a couple of more months for an ultrasound or CT to come through. All whilst I have to deal with this pain, and will probably be referred back A&E again - fantastic.
My Daughter is under Kingston's care as well and after having severe loss now affecting both ears and still suffering from dizziness...only to be told the scan showed no tumours, which yes is great but don't know what's causing her symptoms and to be told it's just one of those mysteries...I've now moved her to St Thomas' to be cared for and their team are a lot more switched on!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

A cataract of shambles

In late January 2017 I was referred to Kingston Hospital Ophthalmology Department because of two severe cataracts.
On March 13th assessed in clinic and told that the worst eye would be treated first and if all was well at follow up would proceed to do the second eye.
Offered a cancellation place at short notice and cataract procedure on first eye was performed on 18th March.
However at follow up on 13th April I was told that rules had changed. I would now have to be reassessed from scratch and rejoin queue.
July 13th after the new assessment I was accepted and put on waiting list for the second eye.
I was finding it difficult to juggle with the two unmatched eyes in the meantime.
Given appointment for treatment on 3rd October - made arrangements for travel, meals etc (I am 84). This was 26 weeks after the Department's own referral.
On 2nd October however I got two hospital phone calls. One was to check that I would attend. The second 4 hours later to say that my surgery was cancelled because "My file had been lost and surgeons would not operate without result of assessment."!
Given appointment for another repeat assessment on 10th October.
No idea when or if they will operate. It is already 34 weeks since my original referral and 26 weeks from the second referral and I have still got nowhere with the second eye. This is now going to have a third assessment - what a waste of time and money and what a shambolic organisation. And I fear that I will be back on the end of the waiting list again - all because they lost the file.
But the hospital web site still claims that 9 out of 10 patients are treated within 14 weeks of referral.If that is true then I must be particularly unlucky.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Gremio gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Praise for service

I had an appointment today in the Rheumatology Dept. of Kingston Hospital. I would like to thank the staff for their efficiency, courtesy and speed.

Great service, thank you.

John Horton

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

exceptional care from AEC team

Thank you to the AEC team who we visited recently.
The consultants went out of their way to explain everything to us patiently and clearly and being very compassionate and caring when we were upset.
We felt we were taken care of and didnt have to wait for blood tests or follow on xray that was needed. reception staff were also very helpful and approachable.
great team work by all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

out patients x ray dept , excellent service on monday 17 /4

i received excellent service at the out patients xray dept on mon17th april.
no waiting, polite radigropher, clean rooms, excellent well done

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Anonymous gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Efficient A&E

I visited the A&E at Kingston hospital on 1 January with chest pains. I was triaged very quickly and blood pressure, ECG and blood for testing were all done within 20 minutes. I had to wait a bit more than an hour for the blood test results, but was then seen by a doctor and sent for a chest X-ray. I thought everything was handled very efficiently and all the staff were courteous and friendly with a caring attitude. The only delay came with the wait for a prescription but even so I was out within 3 hours after very good treatment. I was last there in 2008 when my treatment was so bad I had to make a formal complaint. I was very pleased to see that despite all the pressures on the NHS there had been a huge improvement. Thank you!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 01 January 2017

Hysterectomy was out within 24 hours and nurses look afterme

It has shown me how hard the nurses and NHS work.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

M jackson gave Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

care adequate, discharge horrendous

Most horrendous hospital on discharge front. communication skills leave a lot to be desired.Nov 16, had parent discharged with multiple health issues but at home no proper care plan in place, not all equipment delivered by OTs, no nurses came in til 9 hours after discharge at 10.30pm to look at attaching a feed and were left to get on with an incontinent parent and no support. Unfortunately within 18 hours had a fall while trying to move without help and back to hospital. ward adequate and for first 4 weeks help and physio provided. once discharge meeting had taken place that all stopped and only physio was what us as a family did and had constant issues with weight loss not being recognised and feed times changing to v obscure hours. bed for parent in nursing home found but because of complex health issues had to wait until home had multiple things in place inc nursing staff, however discharge coordinators, drs and ward sisters called every day (some days, several times) actually threatening us with issues of taking safeguarding action against family and discharging to the home (that confirmed multiple times they were not able to take) without the family's permission or medical equipment in place. The auxiliary nurses were great but were under orders. all in all they turned an already emotional and stressful time into something that became unbearably stressful. Could not in all conscience ever recommend.
As a side we had to wait 2 years for a cataracts removal in the Eye Dept and on the day they deemed it was too dense to remove even though seen multiple times in the run up to op. 3 months on, still nothing has happened. At this rate the sight is now at serious risk of never being recoverable. The communication between various departments and drs is appalling and just linking these files all up with the whole hospital system so everyone can see the information and not duplicate or double book would help alot.We have received calls in past month from depts asking why parent not turned up for appointments when he is already in the hospital. Appointments sent so last minute and subject to cancellations and changes a better booking system would also allow for a better and more efficient service.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Not as scary as it was - but still a mess

Had a pretty horrific experience in 2013 when I developed Atrial Flutter. Attended the Anti coag clinic just before my ablation and was given the wrong INR and told to increase my Warfarin. Paid for a private INR on the same morning to be told INR okay and not to increase. Pretty scary. Consequently for three years I have paid for INR tests. As I am about to retire my GP suggested I try Kingston again, as it has improved. The department is ill signed and appears to be in a state of total confusion. I sat for ages before noticing a "deli counter" ticket machine hidden behind the crowd of patients. I took a ticket and waited 80 minutes for my number. I then dealt with a monosyllabic phlebotomist who could offer me no help with any questions. They took the book (I am used to a phone call on the same day with instructions) and posted it to me a few days later. I had understood this would be a finger prick test not a full blood test. The phlebotomist looked at me as though I was an idiot when I queried this. Was going to give them one more try tomorrow, so decided to go when the clinic opens to try to avoid the melee. So I have searched this site for when it opening times. Tried Haematology, Warfarin, Coagulation as key word searches, but the opening times seem to be a secret? I think I'll stick to paying for the private version. I have zero faith in the accuracy of the service or the professionalism of the staff.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 December 2016