West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

01384 215555 Waterfront Business Park, Waterfront Way , Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 1LX

Steve gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

45 minutes waiting for ambulance for my mom

Last night my mom collapsed at Marston green train station when geting off the train she fell between track and platform luckily my newphew was there and very kind people managed to lift her free and lie her down on platform we put coats and stuff over her to keep her warm as she was in pain and shock of what happened and we did not know if she had hurt herself seriously it took 45 minutes for a ambulance to arrive when it did there was great with her but how the hell does it take that long to respond she could have had serious injurys luckily she was ok the people told me from ambulance there was send from north field and we was in Marston green people should not have to wait 45 mins for help hope this don't happen to anybody else

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send in this response and I am sorry that you have felt the need to do so. We would like to look into this matter in more detail on your behalf. Could you please contact our PALS department on 01384 246 370 or via email at: pals@wmas.nhs.uk . Thank you again for your comment.

Anonymous gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service

My daughter called NHS 111 on Saturday morning due to chest pains. NHS 111 despatched an ambulance which arrived within minutes. Both paramedic and healthcare assistant were professional, friendly and amazing.

All was well thankfully but I would like to thank the crew despatched to
Worcester at 0900 on Saturday 30 September. Please can you make sure they receive this compliment and that their supervisor is made aware of their professionalism.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

m66 reviewed West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

My Mum!

My Mum was visiting me recently, Mum lives in Weston-Super-Mare, I live near Worcester. Unfortunately during the visit Mum was taken poorly and suffered with chest pains and lack of breath.
Despite not being a registered patient my local surgery (Upton Surgery) exhibited an amazing "Can Do" attitude" and saw her within 20 minutes of my call. Doctor at the surgery made a decision (after the most amazing and caring consultation) to send Mum by ambulance to Worcester Hospital. Throughout the process the Doctor aided by Nurse communicated clearly and calmly.
Two paramedics arrived by ambulance and the amazing care continued--humour, care, swift service and more was shown at all times. I believe they both deserve the highest of praise for the way the cared for Mum. A panicked Mum was set calm and reassured.
At the hospital the same professionalism continued and we were left with no doubt that nothing was spared in ensuring excellence in care. This ranged from the staff member who took bloods and fetched some orange juice for Mum through to the amazing professionals who cared for here throughout her stay. Doctor has the most amazing communication and care skills. I wish I knew the name of every single person we came in to contact with as every single one was so very professional!
Thankfully Mum is OK now so I wanted to extend thanks on behalf of her and my family for the amazing way her illness was managed. We are so very lucky to have such care available to us.
Thank you to everyone involved on behalf of my family!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017 using Care Opinion

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Katarzyna reviewed West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust

Great experience in hospital!

I was taken to hospital by amazing people. Unfortunately I wasn't well enough to remembered their names. There were brilliant.
I was taken to A&E Heartlands hospital in Birmingham, staff there was so wonderful. I had to go to Ward 20 bay 4 and I had the best experience ever. Doctors dealt with me so well! And the nurse who made me the most wanted drink that day. Thank you it's not enough. You are all amazing people. I hope you will be recognise and if I ever win a lottery you are at the top of my list! ! ! !

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 06 August 2017 using Care Opinion

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to send in this response Katarzyna. We'd love to pass on your kind words to the staff concerned, but to do so, we need a few more details. If it were possible, could you send details such as date, time, where the incident happened etc to compliments@wmas.nhs.uk or phone 01384 246370? Our crews really appreciate getting feedback such as this. Thank you again.

Alli Ryder gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful Transport Services

Have been waiting for transport now for 6 hours from RSUH to Stafford hospital, this is with an 88 year ol lady who had major hip surgery 2 days ago she also suffers with a severe hear condition and dementia. I have never been so disgusted with an NHS service. This is now amounting to neglect and I will be taking further action over this.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 August 2017

Hello, thank you for taking the time to comment about WMAS. We would like to investigate this in more detail on your behalf. Could you please contact our PALS department with your concerns via 01384 246370 or email : pals@wmas.nhs.uk . Thank you.

Martin Manley gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Admission to A& E Shrewsbury

I wish to express my gratitude and appreciation to the Ambulance crew who attended me at Ludlow Golf. Club on 9th August. The care and attention I received was extraordinary and I believe that without this I probably would not have survived. Sadly I cannot remember the names of the two paramedics, but it would be appreciated if you would convey my heart felt thanks to them. I am now out of hospital and well on the road to a full recovery

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 August 2017

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write such kind words.

We have identified the crew and will be delighted to pass them on to the staff - a copy will also be placed on their file.

Delighted to hear that you are making good progress and we wish you all the best for the future.

Anonymous gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor service at the head office.

On the 23rd August I was waiting nearly 3hrs to be picked up. I am disabled and also suffer extreme complex mental health needs. The head office told the ambulance driver the wrong place to pick me up. Then on 25th August I had to go for operation for skin cancer. I was waiting again for 3 hrs, in pain. When a member of staff at hospital rang them back, as I was in a lot of pain, I then had to wait for a taxi to come from CHESTER to NORTHWICH to take me home to Holmes Chapel!!. And today 29th August, they never even logged my lift to knutsford hospital. They did send an ambulance, my appointment was 2.45, I got there at 3.45. Luckily the Dr waited for me.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 August 2017

Good morning. We were sorry to read your review of the Trust as this is not the sort of service that we would want to provide. We would like to investigate this in more detail on your behalf. Could you contact our Patient Experience team via 01384 246370 or email : pals@wmas.nhs.uk so we can listen to your concerns in more detail please. Thank you for raising this with us.

Accidental fall of my 98 year old Auntie Marjorie

On Wednesday night of the 19th July, Lyndon Croft Care Home called an Ambulance after my 98 year old Auntie lost her balance and fell backwards cutting her head. When I arrived the Ambulance crew were in her room it was decided to take her to hospital. They were so kind, understanding and compassionate and made Marjorie feel calm and special. Unfortunately after a 'phone call to Solihull Hospital they said they didn't have the necessary glue to fix her wound so it was decided Heartlands was the only place to give her the treatment she needed, although it was several miles away and they were hoping at her age to cause her the least possible trauma. I accompanied her in the ambulance and they chatted to Marjorie and kept her cheerful. On arrival at Heartlands both the ambulance crew did their best, going from one department to another to try to find the best attention for Marjorie and having satisfied themselves that she was going to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible they made sure we were seated and they left for their next case. Marjorie was case 2979 for them and I can only say that we couldn't have had better service than we did from West Midlands Ambulance Service that night. Unfortunately the rest of the night was not a happy experience with the long waits and it was about 8 o'clock the next morning when we arrived back at Lyndon Croft and my dear old Auntie seemed none the worse for her experience and fortunately she doesn't remember it happening but can remember the lovely people who came to help her in the Ambulance and wishes to thank them again for being so kind. The crew who came to take us back again in the morning were also extremely understanding, although Marjorie was by then not able to appreciate what was going on but she is now back to her 'old self' non the worse for her experience.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 July 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope your auntie is now feeling better. We will pass this message on to our compliments team and they will ensure it is passed on to the crews concerned.

Wendy gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

dislocated hip (husband)

my husband dislocated his hip last Friday, and the ambulance crew were great, as was their backup to help lift my husband off the drive where he had fallen.

Thank you to all, including Good Hope staff!

Husband now on the mend, hope it doesn't happen again !!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this message. We would like to investigate this in more detail on your behalf. Could you please contact our PALS department with your concerns via 01384 246370 or email : pals@wmas.nhs.uk . Thank you for your comment.

Kevin Goodey gave West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you to the crew who attended me at the Premier Inn in Worcester on Saturday night. They were so polite, efficient and reassuring, and I can confirm that the Monday follow-up at my local surgery gave me the all-clear. I know the NHS gets a lot of stick at times, but staff like these epitomise all that is best in the service. Thank you again for helping us all through a tricky episode.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 July 2017

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post this review. We'd love to pass it on to the staff concerned. If possible could you contact our compliments department giving details about the incident, e.g. date, time, location etc. We will then be able to pass on your thanks to the crews concerned. Please email compliments@wmas.nhs.uk or phone 01384 246 370. Thank you again for your comment.