2gether NHS Foundation Trust

01452 894000 Rikenel, Montpellier , Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 1LY

Terrible service

In the middle of a crisis got told by reception I'd just have to wait. Have written a letter of complaint three days ago but have had no reply. In desperate need of a psychiatrist in order to sort out issues with medication, but it's just impossible to see one. Get given an appt with a mental health nurse (who won't be able to prescribe) with 2 weeks wait , which gets cancelled so there is another 2 week wait. Hello! I'm virtually frothing at the mouth and developing an addiction to clonazepam but you just make me jump through hoops in order to get a medication review! I'm struggling with suicidal ideation and profound anxiety but hey, what will an extra couple of weeks waiting matter? If i wasnt depressed before , I am now!!

2gether desperately needs sorting out. Reception needs training to be a little bit more compassionate. If vulnerable people are having issues with medication then it should be addressed straight away not just treated like it is a sprained ankle! (Which would probably get seen to quicker)

Each day that passes is pushing me in the wrong direction

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

So frustrating

My adult son has been in the Gloucester Mental Health system for the past 4 years, Having prevoiuosly been treated in Northamptonshire, and we thought the help he got there was basic, we didn't realise how lucky he was compared to the help he is getting in Gloucestershire.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of help your son is receiving and would like to discuss this with you. If this is something you would find helpful, please contact the Service Experience Department on 01452 894 073 or via 2gnft.PALS@nhs.net

Trust feedback

oh what fun it is to deal with the power hungry members of the crisis team.. for the first time I have sat in on a session with my loved one. They have said that the team don't listen... I have said communicate with them, don't be obstructive. they have said they don't involve me in my care, they make decisions and they are set in stone... I say are you sure?
today I found out just how bad the crisis team are...
1, you will be sent home even if you tell them you are at danger of hurting yourself or voicing your desire to commit suicide
2, should you be in crisis and call in you will be told to have a bath and watch a film
3, you will be spoken to in a condescending manner
4, your opinion about your care does not matter, all decisions are already made.
5, should you have to interact with more than one team, take notes because they tell different lies...
6 if a family member says something they don't like they will walk off (and I am not talking verbal abuse, just stating facts)
should your family want information they will ask you for consent in front of the family member and make it sound like you have been making derogatory comments about them.. by the tone of voice and the words used
and I stand by what I have said .........if my loved one succeeds in committing suicide because of this crisis. I will hold them personally responsible for the death of my loved one...
If the system was correctly run then there would not be such a heavy call on the ambulance services, police, A+E or the acute care ward... yet there are several people every day clogging up those beds that could be better utilized than picking up the failures of the crisis team.
not really bothered about the response I am going to get on this page, because reading all the other comments the replies are generic and no one really cares. If any of you really did care there would be none of the negative comments on here just praise and there is not a single one praising the trust

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 August 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 September 2017

Please accept our apologies for any difficulties you have encountered whilst trying to access support for your loved one. Our responses to comments made on NHS Choices are generic in nature due to strict regulations surrounding confidentiality. We are unable to respond about individual matters in a public forum and we ask people to contact us so we can discuss their individual experience candidly. If this is something you think may be helpful, please either ring us on 01452 894 072, or email us via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net.

Anonymous gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

let down and feel ashamed

I used to tell everyone how brilliant the crisis team were and I felt safe and supported by them (last year). I couldn't understand the poor reviews I had read....until now. I don't want to be identified so I'm going to talk generally. Having a mental illness is awful and I feel so ashamed and sorry. I understand the service probably lacks funding and has to follow strict bureaucratic rules. There are some amazing staff who work for crisis team and indeed several of the other teams i have had contact with but there are some who really shouldn't do the job. I think however the main problem are rules set by senior management in the nhs and government. Some clinicians however show such empathy and have common sense and know when and how to bend stupid rules but others do not.
My recent few experiences of the crisis team sadly mean I will never ever make contact with them again because I have felt patronised, a nuisance and so desperately ashamed. I felt a mixture of being like a naughty child/a criminal.
I haven't quite given up on another team i have dealings with but I'm close to it and am seriously considering private treatment - possibly in another country.
Having a mental illness has made me into a person I hate - I am so sorry to be so needy and such a nuisance. I can only hope and pray that I will get through this in one piece. As I have said earlier there are some truly wonderful people in your services and I thank them for all they have done but of late I have felt unsupported and not heard and that I am not a human being in distress but a bad attention seeking irritation.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2017

We are very sorry that you found your recent contact with our Crisis Team distressing and unhelpful, and that this has left you feeling unable to contact them for support in the future. We would like to discuss your experience with you and would be grateful if you could contact our Service Experience Department via 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling us on 01452 894 072.

Anonymous gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Crisis team just gets worse!!

Called crisis team in a bad crisis. They couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Told to watch a film with a hot drink, take an extra tablet & call cpn tomorrow!!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 July 2017

We're sorry to hear this has been your experience and that you are not happy with the service you have received.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you, so we can understand what has happened. Please could you contact our Service Experience Team by emailing 2gnft.pals@nhs.net or by calling 01452 894 072.

Paul Johnston gave 2gether NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

No understanding, ineffective support, lack of care

Teenage anxiety and depression misdiagnosed and allowed to develop until my sons life has been damaged to the point we now hold little hope of recovery. We have not been supported in any meaningful way by numerous, overworked and indifferent 'professionals' who have made no effective contribution or commitment to helping him get better. Worst of all, we as parents have had no advice or guidance whatsoever - we still don't know what we could do for our son to help him recover. We've had years of heartache and costs and lost family times simply because the politicians and NHS choose to spend billions on those who choose to damage their own health every day rather than support those who are least able to ask for help. This Trust talks on this website about how may telephone calls it has made to patients but the report, like their actual practice, ignores the patients who won't or can't speak. The latest offer of help my son received has now been removed because he did not contact them in time over the Xmas break, even though lacking the confidence to speak to people he doesn't know is his biggest issue. The system is designed by mentally healthy and rational people to be accessible by mentally healthy and rational people. Words fail me.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very sorry that you and your family feel unsupported by our services. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Team offers advice and support to people in relation to using and accessing our services. Please contact our PALS Team to discuss how we can address your concerns. PALS Team contact details Email : 2gnft.PALS@nhs.net or Telephone: 01452 894 072.

Awful treatment by 2gether now for 35 years plus

I have been seeing the glos mental health team since I was approx 16/18 years old and now in my 50's and I can truly say that it is the most appalling system and treatment ever. No one cares, no one wants to listen, the crisis team - well all of us in self harm group had not one good word to say about them but how they make you feel worse when you call them, critise you make you feel so small or not believed it's just awful. Over the years I have been sectioned in charlton lane, wotton lawn, police station and even cheltenhaml general hospital were all those places still treated you like scum of the earth. They have no empathy and back in the early 90's you won't believe how they treated us in charlton lane; I have collected all the newspaper reports from people complaining about their treatment in charlton lane and was going to do something but felt there was no point as I have experienced the treatment they give you when the staff even tell lies about you! It was so awful I can never get those experiences out of my head. I suffer from depression, diagnosed at the age of 8 years old along with anxiety, PTSD, self harming, eating issues blah blah blah but who cares? No one as there isn't anyone out there that show they care within the mental health team. I have struggled through all the cut backs with them, moved from one team to another, had and lost various CPNs, oh I could go on and on but I find it all pointless as no one believes us at the end if the day. Sick of no one taking my request for DNR seriously either,. No wonder there are more suffering from depression now as no one will help us, believe us or have the time to listen to us. It's so so awful I really cannot explain any more!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 20 November 2015

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 November 2015

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service you have received from our Trust. Feedback about our services is important to us and we would like to discuss this matter in further detail with you. Please contact our Service Experience Team on 01452 894073.

Anonymous reviewed 2gether NHS Foundation Trust

Husband lost ability to walk

husband section two sent to charlton lane walking fine when admitted problems began when given high doses of the drug memantine high dose for weeks resulting in him not being able to walk or talk properly and falling over he is now in the stonebow unit hereford getting physio daily to try and get his mobility back the care shown at hereford is brilliant but I fear he will never be able to walk again.charlton lane should hang there heads in shame.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 23 December 2015

2gether NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 January 2016

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with the service you have received from our Trust. Feedback about our services is important to us and we would like to discuss this matter in further detail with you. Please contact our Service Experience Team on 01452 894073 or email 2gnft.complaints@nhs.net.