South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust

Telephone: 0300 123 0808
Address: The Lodge, The Chase, Wickford, Essex, SS11 7XX
Website: http://www.sept.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Diabetic Screening Service

Had my annual check.
Pulses taken and nails cut.
Neurological tests omitted.
Assessed as low risk and future appointments down from three a year to two or fewer.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 04 March 2015

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 March 2015

Thank you for your comments. As the Trust has Community Services in different areas it would be helpful if you could let us know where you receive your treatment so that we can pass your comments to the Head of Service. If you wish to receive a response to your comments you can either contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) 0800 085 7935 or pals@sept.nhs.uk or the Complaints Department on 01268 407817, complaints.department@sept.nhs.uk.

flo hann gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

physio

i saw physio at st margs epping on 18th feb 2015.she was excellent,proffesional,kind,knowledgable and helped me a great deal.
it was a long wait of 16weeks to see her but worth it.thankyou

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 26 February 2015

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 March 2015

Thank you very much for the positive feedback about one of our Physiotherapists. Your message will be passed to the Department concerned as well as the manager of the Service. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

S.B gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Knightswick Clinic, Canvey Island - Minor Oral Surgery Dept.

Thank you for staff and Oral team looking after me today (13th January 2015). Sitting in the waiting room I could here happy staff, which is reassuring when your anxiety levels are high.
Great team work inside the surgery. I was dreading the treatment but it was dealt with quickly and I was informed of every step. I was reassured and given lots of verbal and written advise at the end.
Thank you again.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 January 2015

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about the Community Dental Service. Your comments have been passed to the Director of the service who will share with the team. It is nice to know that your experience was a positive one. Compliments about our staff and services are shared across the Trust and reported in our annual report.

Dissatisfied gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Overall service

Ive been using mental health care for approx ten years. A feeble diagnoses of recurrent depressive disorder. Have repeatedly asked for further investigation. My psychiatric appointments cancelled. Little understanding. Constant chats about medication. Social worker has cancelled three appoints, now four. At a pressurised time that i need care. Thinking of changing area. Uncertain this will make any difference.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 22 January 2015

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 February 2015

I am sorry that you have been experiencing problems. If you would like to contact us we will be able to fully investigate your concerns and respond to you. You can call the Complaints Department 01268 407817, or email complaints.department@sept.nhs.uk. If you would prefer to talk to the Patient Experience Team (PALS), they can be contacted on 0800 085 7935, email:pals@sept.nhs.uk

I can assure you that if you contact us we will undertake a full investigation.

A Bi_polar patient from essex

My experience is of poorly motivated staff, dangerous and inaccurate record keeping.
The trust hates complaints and fail to address them properly, I do not trust them to protect or care for me.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 25 November 2014

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 December 2014

I am sorry to hear that the writer’s experience of the Trust is not to the high standard we aim to provide.

South Essex Partnership University Foundation Trust (SEPT) welcomes any complaints about the services we provide. The Trust takes all complaints seriously and view them as valuable feedback. We comply with the Department of Health NHS Complaints regulations: all complaints are acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and a full and honest response is provided at the end of a robust investigation.

If the correspondent would like to provide their contact details and the nature of the concerns they have to the Complaints Team, complaints.department@sept.nhs.uk we will be happy to arrange for an investigation to be carried out and provide a full response.

first response team

the staff are generally very kind and understanding,however they don't actually coordinate any care as they are supposed to.I am sure they have a book of stock answers for all there failings,they don't like being told when they have done things wrong.quite often implying it is the patients fault!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 31 March 2015

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. If you would like us to look into your concerns further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Team (PALS) 0800 085 7935 pals@sept.nhs.uk. If you would like to make a formal complaint you can contact the Complaints Department 01268 407817, or complaints.department@sept.nhs.uk and we will undertake a thorough investigation into your concerns.

Anonymous gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Helpful staff

I have had dealings with Aspa team in Charter House in Luton since May 2012 with some good experiences and some poor. However, yesterday I met the most amazing, dedicated and thoughtful Care Co-Ordinator. He met with my daughter and me this morning and if you have him as your new Care Co-Ordinator you will be very lucky. Hopefully the trust will employ more staff like him. The Crisis Team are amazing too, all of them, one in particular.

I will never forget her understanding and nagging, when I needed it, and she is another shining light in this Trust.

Visited in September 2013. Posted on 04 September 2013

impossible

Jordanthorpe health centre is a let down. For a person like me it is almost impossible to get an appointment. If I call to book the nearest date is two weeks away at the least and when you work and cannot be guaranteed the time off, thats pretty useless. The surgery opens at 8 but the doctors dont arrive until 8.30 onwards, by this time the waiting room is full. You must give yourself at least an hour to sit and wait and thats on a good day. So once again useless if you have a job. What was wrong with calling up and booking an appointment for that day, at least then you'd know whether you could make it. Insead of waiting for an hour only to have to leave before being seen due to other commitments. In addition to this poorly run surgery reception staff are rude and unhelpful on asking a question they just shrug there shoulders. When calling its like talking to a machine as they offer no helpful advice. When walking to the desk you are made to feel rude for interrupting their conversation. This is unacceptable for a service that is paid for through tax payers. Every other person I bring up this matter with think it is appalling and do not receive the same. So why am I?

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 25 February 2013

South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Sept

Staff very helpful, administration leaves a lot to be desired.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 31 January 2013

Anonymous reviewed South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust

My experience of SEPT is not avery good one.

Any other comments

My friend is person with bipolar, and they are currently under Sept for community care.
I find that the care they are given in their care plan is not followed. When they were showing signs of being on a high, and this was reported to their care team, it was mishandled, and they were contacted by telephone, and because the manager o their care team belived what my friend told them, they did not believe that they were ill, it was not long after this that my friend saw their psychiatrist, and their medication was increased for a short period to bring them back on a stable level.
The observations that I have made about the SEPT mental heath care teams are that a lot of them are self opinionated, they do not communicate with family and freinds of the patients under their care, and some even lie about what friends and family say to them, if they think it could get them into trouble.

This is a trust foundation that I would not recommend to anybody to be under for mental health care.
They may claim to be one of the best in this country, but at grass roots level they are not at all good when they leave patients who have bipolar to administer their own medicine, when they know that these patients have tried to commit suicide on a number of occassions and that their family has asked the care teams not to allow their loved ones to administer their own medicine.

These care teams do not listen.

Visited in August 2011. Posted on 29 September 2011