Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

01622 724100 Farm Villa, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9PH

dee gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

who cares noone does

having been discharged from canada house from lack of communication so they say it was my fault but it was the persons who was supose to be my care worker whatever thier called never actually cared for me once since dec 2014 when i was told i had bipolar and anxiety disorder anyway got told to ring insight they didnt do anything then single point of access rang me they didnt do nothing only refered me back to canada house i get a letter today saying basically they dont wanna help me and to get in touch with my doctor who dose not care one bit or self refer to turning point ifeel let down by everyone i dont know what to do now basically everyday is a struggle that i got to fight on my own coz none of the mental health people care

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 27 July 2016

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are conscious that changes in our service delivery model
mean that we seek to provide more focused interventions for our clients and discharge people back to the care of their GPs.
It does mean that some people who are used to more long term support can find this a challenge.
We do believe though that these changes ensure a more effective use of our resources.
While we could not comment on your individual case the advice to seek a referral from your GP is appropriate, and it is also appropriate to refer to new psychological support such as Insight which you mention.
If you remain unhappy about accessing KMPT services, please contact our Patient Experience team on 0800 587 9972 who can look into your particular case and advise you.

Maria Stephenson gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 5 stars

Pembury hospital were lovely to my mum

My mum was admitted to pembury hospital after having a fall and she had a infection. I didn't know that a mental team was there but they were great mum is now better and back at home. Thank u all X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Ms Stephenson, thank you for sharing this comment with us.
It will have been the Liaison Psychiatry Service that saw your mother and we will be pleased to pass on your comment to them.

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

mAbout mental health medway

I have been told I have personailty disorder when I haven't. I need therapy which is free just like 2011 but they are refusing. No wonder we are suffering worse medway mental health is applying it was better in 2014.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 15 June 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have not felt supported by KMPT. Could we please ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke,
Assistant Director Community Recovery Service Line, on 01622 714559.
She will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and what we can learn to improve our support more generally.

Anonymous recommended Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

negligence

Follwing a suicide attempt and self harm, a service user was given an appointment for a mental health asessment 3 months later.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 25 August 2016

We are very sorry to see your comment as KMPT is committed to providing effective support to people in need of our services.
Our aim is to provide access to our service within 4 hours for emergencies, within 24 hrs for urgent referrals and 4 weeks for routine referrals.
While it would not be appropriate to discuss individual cases on a public website, the Trust’s Patient Experience Team would be pleased to look into this case
and see what might be learned to better support service users, and others, in the future.
You can contact the PET by email on patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk or call 0800 587 6757 (in West Kent and Medway) or 0800 783 9972 (in East Kent).

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 2 stars

Post Discharge care is horrendous.

I had 3 admissions to Priority House in the space of a couple of months, the crisis teams and staff on the ward were great and helped me get home, were supportive and tried their upmost even when they were terribly short staffed. However, post discharge care is atrocious. I have barely heard from my care coordinator and have had no contact with them for over a month. On 2 occasions in the past 2 months I have needed to call point of access who have been as much help as a wet paper bag. For me, calling them is a big thing and means I need help right away but I have been told to 'go to sleep' when I have already explained that I have insomnia and no meds to help that. I'm also told that all they can do is email my disappearing care coordinator...it is now the weekend, I heard nothing from community team today and I can't access crisis team for support because I have to go through point of access who do not refer to crisis teams it seems. And when you end up in A&E for the 20th time this year and are asked why you didn't ask for help, it really is a kick in the teeth. If I could afford to go private I would, but having been off sick for half a year and no advice or support to get financial help, I am not able to.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting this matter to us and I am very pleased that you found our hospital and home crisis services helpful. I will ensure this is feedback to the team at Priority House. It was very disappointing to hear of your experience post discharge. We are seeking to ensure that people do receive the right support to facilitate their ongoing recovery after discharge from acute care and I am sorry that do not appear to have achieved this in your case. In order to better understand your experiences and identify how we might improve I ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke, associate director of Community Services, on 01622 714559.

No existent community mental health

Following my discharge from hospital I have received virtually no support from mental health services responsible for West Kent. I had to have argument with my 'no care' coordinator to get an appointment with a psychiatrist. I was experiencing hypomania but there was no mention that I may have bipolar disorder. I was offered no further appointments and ended up paying to see a private psychiatrist. The care coordinator did not contact me for over a month, they then got the time of the appointment wrong and then didn't turn up at all. I requested a change of care coordinator but have still yet to be contacted by anyone. The care post discharge is shocking. I work on national guidelines for health conditions and I think in West Kent they are being used to wedge open doors and rather than to improve patients outcomes. Shame you cant give a rating of 'no stars'

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 01 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting these concerns which do appear averse to our wish to provide robust aftercare when someone is discharged from inpatient services and ensure their recovery.
It would not be appropriate to discuss individual cases on a public website and it is unclear where you reside, beyond being in West Kent.
Could we therefore request that you contact the manager of either Maidstone CMHT on 01622 766900 or South West Kent CMHT on 01892 709211.
Ask to speak with the service manager who will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and others upon their discharge from hospital.
If you prefer to contact someone more independent, then you could call the Patient Experience Team on 01622 723207 or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

bitofakerfuffle gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Medway CMHT

Psych clock-watched and I thought I was just there for a DSS letter.
Report full of inaccuracies . Going to report him to the GMC and his lacky to the NMC

Will now only see the beloved Oxleas from whom, I have received a good service.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 17 June 2016

I am very sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with your recent contact with our service.
While we wouldn’t wish to comment on a website we would be pleased to look into your comments and see what can
be done to support you and what we can learn to improve client experience of assessment.
Please call the Patient Experience Team on 0800 7839972 or email: patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk with details of your experience so that we can look into this.

No support

After three suicide attempts in quick succession, I have been seen by a psychiatrist as part of the CMHT once, in January this year. Despite asking for another appointment to discuss my diagnosis and treatment, I was finally given an appointment for August, eight months after the first appointment, which was then cancelled one hour before the appointment time as the psychiatrist was on annual leave. The appointment has been re-scheduled to October. What with this and my CPN leaving the CMHT in May any not being replaced, you have left a very vulnerable person with no support or treatment and at risk.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

Crisis Team

The crisis Team we're pretty supportive, we did see a different person every time though. But to be honest I'm disgusted to find out that when I called the crisis Team pager number (which is a mobile number, included in my phone contract) in a emergency, I was billed nearly £1 per minute.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 26 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 04 January 2016

Thank you for raising this matter with us and I am pleased to note that you found our crisis team to be supportive. We have looked into the charging issue and am very sorry to hear you have been charged £1 per minute when calling our pager. We have contacted the provider of this service who confirmed that people contacting this number from a BT landline should be charged the standard national rate of 6.41-13.75 pence per minute plus a connection fee of 17.06 pence. I am really sorry that you have been charged so much and suggest you contact your service provider to question why your charge was so high.

Not good

Was refered to arndale house the service is not brilliant they seem to think the symptoms of bipolar/phycosis are just the classic anxiety and depression a common diagnosis they throw out in KMPT so then the level of support is abysmal. Would not reccomend them to anyone Who is going through a crisis they try to rush you out the door at assessments and consultations.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 December 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about our service although it is disappointing that you didn’t find us helpful. In order to better understand your experience and see if there is further help we could offer would you kindly contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757 or on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk who can liaise with the Arndale House team to see if we could offer further support.