Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

01622 724100 Farm Villa, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9PH

inverness2000 reviewed Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

Still waiting for treatment a year on

Despite being under the kings road mental health clinic Herne bay for a year, I am still waiting for any form of treatment to start. I was told at first it would be a 7 month wait for therapy to start I have now been waiting for 57 weeks and I am no nearer to starting therapy than I was last year I have had 4 reports done and was told by letter in august 2016 I am on the waiting list for therapy. Then in November I got another letter and was told my therapy would start late February 2017 now I have been told I need to see someone at kings road to decide what therapy I will need and it could be another 18 week wait which means it could be 75 weeks wait for therapy since I first was sent to the kings road I have made a number of complaints and all I have been given is false hope and false promises. Despite having 2 meetings, nothing has changed.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 02 March 2017

We are very sorry to note your frustration with our care and would like to look into this matter in order to understand what has happened and

how we can improve our service to you and other service users.

Could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk and we will look into this matter for you.

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

72 hour emergency referral - never happened

Admitted to pembury with half my blood volume after hurting myself. Begged not to be seen by psyc as they either make you feel stupid or nothing ever comes of it.

I always try to be very direct and forthcoming with extremely personal information about my past as I hope that will assist the person assessing me to understand.

Of course the crisis team didn't contact me. And yet when I next go to a and e and refuse to explain why I have done what I have done I will be labelled difficult. When I desperately try to explain to the doctors that nothing will happen if I do explain myself openly or I refuse to see psyc team - I then get the tutting, shakes of the head and the dismissive response of she doesn't want to be helped.

For the record I'm desperate for help. You have no idea how terrifying it is to feel yourself slipping into the blackest of places and know that you're completely on your own.

Tunbridge Wells you should be ashamed of the quality of service you provide. Wake up and realise how many people are caught in this vicious cycle because in our darkest hour we know that there will be no help - I'm not sure that's completely conducive to healing...

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 16 March 2017

We are very sorry to note that you have not felt the involvement of our Psychiatric Liaison staff to be helpful which is averse to what we would hope.
We are also unclear how much your experience relates to our service at Pembury Hospital or to the services provided by the hospital, which are provided by a different Trust.
In order to understand your experience and see what we can learn to improve our support, could we request that you contact our Patient Experience Team who will be pleased to know your experience and consider how we can change to improve. The number to call is 0800 587 6757 or the email is patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

TrampledOnByNHS gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Appalled and let down

This service is the worst place to turn in time of crisis you are treated with no respect just malaise and lip service and palmed off with excuses like staff have left, no consultants, staff off sick, no one calls back, no one cares at all what happens as long as they keep their numbers low and theirs stats good. Notes all lost twice so had to start over again at the worst time in my life treated as though I am wasting time despite them having lost years of psychiatrists records.

Yes I have complained but just palmed off again and since then the worker has never called back now find out they left months ago

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

how many more years

My husband has had depression for years, has self harmed and has been unable to cope with the noises he hears in his head. Once again his mental health has spirraled out of control and he sees attempting suicide as the only way of trying to convince anyone he needs help. He also believes he might as well be dead anyway. Years of visits to his GP result in stronger antidepressants and/or sleeping tablets without any consideration of referring him to a specialist to deal with the underlying causes. At present my husband is terrified of me going to work as he will be alone in the house and will want to hurt himself. I have to go to work to pay the bills but feel I am letting my husband down by doing so. Yesterday I had to leave work early because my husband wanted to kill himself. I rang the CRISIS team as he is known to them and because he was too distressed to go through their phone assessment. They are going to see if someone can visit him this week! They said to call an ambulance if I feel he is serious! Our paramedics are stretched and overworked as it is and seeing an ambulance pull up outside just sends my husband into meltdown. What is
the definition of a CRISIS anyway these days?
When the noises in his head become too noisy to cope with my husband drinks to try and block them out which obviously doesn't work but he doesn't know what else to do. He was referred to Turning Point by the psych-nurse he saw at Medway A&E, he was doing well and attending on a daily basis then due to an incident there he drank again. Now they won't let him go back which is why he is at home alone. I've spoken to his Key Workers but have been unable to sort things out with them. Apparently some one will be in touch. Is it too much to ask for my husband to be referred to some one who can diagnose his mental health problems and suggest some help or treatment so he can get on with his life abd be the person I know he can be. He hates himself. He has lost all self respect, self motivation and hope. Does he have to loose his life too?
What do we have to do to get my husband help and a proper diagnosis before he succeeds
in taking his own life?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 March 2017

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

Utterly disgraceful lack of care

My daughter has been continually let down by the crisis team. We were told that they would visit every day, we have had one visit (by a fantastic nurse). The next day no one turned up or bothered to let us know, having waited in all day until 6pm, I called the team to be told that the person who was meant to visit was not in and my daughter had not been re allocated anyone. A visit to the psychiatrist the next day, they told her that she was selfish and that she came across as dismissive. They said that the crisis team would visit today (30/11/16), yet again no one turns up. I call, no one answers the phone for over 30 min, then I speak to someone who is rude, not listening to me and not taking on board what I am saying. Goodness knows how they speak to patients if they speak to me the way that thye did. This is my first experience with KMPT and whilst I appreciate budget restrictions etc, there is no excuse for the air of malaise and bad communication. My daughter needs urgent help tonight, I have been offered none. I ask to speak to a manager, they said 'they will just tell you the same thing'. This is frightening and needs to change. I am a medical professional and disgusted with the lack of support and careless attitudes.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 01 December 2016

We are very sorry to hear that you and your daughter did not receive the follow up appointment that you had been assured of, and that communications with the team have not been helpful as we would expect.
As your feedback implies, it is important that people feel reassured when contacting our service for support.
This is something that we would like to look into for you urgently. Could we ask that you contact Teresa Barker (Assistant Director) in the first instance who will be pleased to help resolve this for you in a timely way.
Teresa can be contacted at Priority House in Maidstone on 01622 725000.
Alternatively, If you would prefer to speak to someone from the Trust’s Patient Experience Team, please contact them via email on patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk or phone on 0800 587 6757.
If you need to make contact with KMPT outside of regular working hours, then you can contact our ‘Single Point of Access’ by calling 0300 222 0123.

dee gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

who cares noone does

having been discharged from canada house from lack of communication so they say it was my fault but it was the persons who was supose to be my care worker whatever thier called never actually cared for me once since dec 2014 when i was told i had bipolar and anxiety disorder anyway got told to ring insight they didnt do anything then single point of access rang me they didnt do nothing only refered me back to canada house i get a letter today saying basically they dont wanna help me and to get in touch with my doctor who dose not care one bit or self refer to turning point ifeel let down by everyone i dont know what to do now basically everyday is a struggle that i got to fight on my own coz none of the mental health people care

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 27 July 2016

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We are conscious that changes in our service delivery model
mean that we seek to provide more focused interventions for our clients and discharge people back to the care of their GPs.
It does mean that some people who are used to more long term support can find this a challenge.
We do believe though that these changes ensure a more effective use of our resources.
While we could not comment on your individual case the advice to seek a referral from your GP is appropriate, and it is also appropriate to refer to new psychological support such as Insight which you mention.
If you remain unhappy about accessing KMPT services, please contact our Patient Experience team on 0800 587 9972 who can look into your particular case and advise you.

Maria Stephenson gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 5 stars

Pembury hospital were lovely to my mum

My mum was admitted to pembury hospital after having a fall and she had a infection. I didn't know that a mental team was there but they were great mum is now better and back at home. Thank u all X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Ms Stephenson, thank you for sharing this comment with us.
It will have been the Liaison Psychiatry Service that saw your mother and we will be pleased to pass on your comment to them.

mAbout mental health medway

I have been told I have personailty disorder when I haven't. I need therapy which is free just like 2011 but they are refusing. No wonder we are suffering worse medway mental health is applying it was better in 2014.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 15 June 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have not felt supported by KMPT. Could we please ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke,
Assistant Director Community Recovery Service Line, on 01622 714559.
She will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and what we can learn to improve our support more generally.

Anonymous recommended Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

negligence

Follwing a suicide attempt and self harm, a service user was given an appointment for a mental health asessment 3 months later.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 25 August 2016

We are very sorry to see your comment as KMPT is committed to providing effective support to people in need of our services.
Our aim is to provide access to our service within 4 hours for emergencies, within 24 hrs for urgent referrals and 4 weeks for routine referrals.
While it would not be appropriate to discuss individual cases on a public website, the Trust’s Patient Experience Team would be pleased to look into this case
and see what might be learned to better support service users, and others, in the future.
You can contact the PET by email on patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk or call 0800 587 6757 (in West Kent and Medway) or 0800 783 9972 (in East Kent).

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 2 stars

Post Discharge care is horrendous.

I had 3 admissions to Priority House in the space of a couple of months, the crisis teams and staff on the ward were great and helped me get home, were supportive and tried their upmost even when they were terribly short staffed. However, post discharge care is atrocious. I have barely heard from my care coordinator and have had no contact with them for over a month. On 2 occasions in the past 2 months I have needed to call point of access who have been as much help as a wet paper bag. For me, calling them is a big thing and means I need help right away but I have been told to 'go to sleep' when I have already explained that I have insomnia and no meds to help that. I'm also told that all they can do is email my disappearing care coordinator...it is now the weekend, I heard nothing from community team today and I can't access crisis team for support because I have to go through point of access who do not refer to crisis teams it seems. And when you end up in A&E for the 20th time this year and are asked why you didn't ask for help, it really is a kick in the teeth. If I could afford to go private I would, but having been off sick for half a year and no advice or support to get financial help, I am not able to.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting this matter to us and I am very pleased that you found our hospital and home crisis services helpful. I will ensure this is feedback to the team at Priority House. It was very disappointing to hear of your experience post discharge. We are seeking to ensure that people do receive the right support to facilitate their ongoing recovery after discharge from acute care and I am sorry that do not appear to have achieved this in your case. In order to better understand your experiences and identify how we might improve I ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke, associate director of Community Services, on 01622 714559.