Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

01622 724100 Farm Villa, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9PH

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

mAbout mental health medway

I have been told I have personailty disorder when I haven't. I need therapy which is free just like 2011 but they are refusing. No wonder we are suffering worse medway mental health is applying it was better in 2014.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 15 June 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have not felt supported by KMPT. Could we please ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke,
Assistant Director Community Recovery Service Line, on 01622 714559.
She will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and what we can learn to improve our support more generally.

Anonymous recommended Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

negligence

Follwing a suicide attempt and self harm, a service user was given an appointment for a mental health asessment 3 months later.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 2 stars

Post Discharge care is horrendous.

I had 3 admissions to Priority House in the space of a couple of months, the crisis teams and staff on the ward were great and helped me get home, were supportive and tried their upmost even when they were terribly short staffed. However, post discharge care is atrocious. I have barely heard from my care coordinator and have had no contact with them for over a month. On 2 occasions in the past 2 months I have needed to call point of access who have been as much help as a wet paper bag. For me, calling them is a big thing and means I need help right away but I have been told to 'go to sleep' when I have already explained that I have insomnia and no meds to help that. I'm also told that all they can do is email my disappearing care coordinator...it is now the weekend, I heard nothing from community team today and I can't access crisis team for support because I have to go through point of access who do not refer to crisis teams it seems. And when you end up in A&E for the 20th time this year and are asked why you didn't ask for help, it really is a kick in the teeth. If I could afford to go private I would, but having been off sick for half a year and no advice or support to get financial help, I am not able to.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting this matter to us and I am very pleased that you found our hospital and home crisis services helpful. I will ensure this is feedback to the team at Priority House. It was very disappointing to hear of your experience post discharge. We are seeking to ensure that people do receive the right support to facilitate their ongoing recovery after discharge from acute care and I am sorry that do not appear to have achieved this in your case. In order to better understand your experiences and identify how we might improve I ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke, associate director of Community Services, on 01622 714559.

No existent community mental health

Following my discharge from hospital I have received virtually no support from mental health services responsible for West Kent. I had to have argument with my 'no care' coordinator to get an appointment with a psychiatrist. I was experiencing hypomania but there was no mention that I may have bipolar disorder. I was offered no further appointments and ended up paying to see a private psychiatrist. The care coordinator did not contact me for over a month, they then got the time of the appointment wrong and then didn't turn up at all. I requested a change of care coordinator but have still yet to be contacted by anyone. The care post discharge is shocking. I work on national guidelines for health conditions and I think in West Kent they are being used to wedge open doors and rather than to improve patients outcomes. Shame you cant give a rating of 'no stars'

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 01 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting these concerns which do appear averse to our wish to provide robust aftercare when someone is discharged from inpatient services and ensure their recovery.
It would not be appropriate to discuss individual cases on a public website and it is unclear where you reside, beyond being in West Kent.
Could we therefore request that you contact the manager of either Maidstone CMHT on 01622 766900 or South West Kent CMHT on 01892 709211.
Ask to speak with the service manager who will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and others upon their discharge from hospital.
If you prefer to contact someone more independent, then you could call the Patient Experience Team on 01622 723207 or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

bitofakerfuffle gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Medway CMHT

Psych clock-watched and I thought I was just there for a DSS letter.
Report full of inaccuracies . Going to report him to the GMC and his lacky to the NMC

Will now only see the beloved Oxleas from whom, I have received a good service.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 17 June 2016

I am very sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with your recent contact with our service.
While we wouldn’t wish to comment on a website we would be pleased to look into your comments and see what can
be done to support you and what we can learn to improve client experience of assessment.
Please call the Patient Experience Team on 0800 7839972 or email: patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk with details of your experience so that we can look into this.

Crisis Team

The crisis Team we're pretty supportive, we did see a different person every time though. But to be honest I'm disgusted to find out that when I called the crisis Team pager number (which is a mobile number, included in my phone contract) in a emergency, I was billed nearly £1 per minute.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 26 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 04 January 2016

Thank you for raising this matter with us and I am pleased to note that you found our crisis team to be supportive. We have looked into the charging issue and am very sorry to hear you have been charged £1 per minute when calling our pager. We have contacted the provider of this service who confirmed that people contacting this number from a BT landline should be charged the standard national rate of 6.41-13.75 pence per minute plus a connection fee of 17.06 pence. I am really sorry that you have been charged so much and suggest you contact your service provider to question why your charge was so high.

Not good

Was refered to arndale house the service is not brilliant they seem to think the symptoms of bipolar/phycosis are just the classic anxiety and depression a common diagnosis they throw out in KMPT so then the level of support is abysmal. Would not reccomend them to anyone Who is going through a crisis they try to rush you out the door at assessments and consultations.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 December 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about our service although it is disappointing that you didn’t find us helpful. In order to better understand your experience and see if there is further help we could offer would you kindly contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757 or on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk who can liaise with the Arndale House team to see if we could offer further support.

housebound lady left without timely response to urgent need

responding to my complaint the service manager for Ashford CMHT has asserted that there was no obligation to provide a face to face assessment to my relative . My relative has been assessed as a virtual prisoner in their home by another agency and is physically disabled besides having mental health problems, I think a face to face assessment was an obligation giving due regard to my relatives disabilities. Three separate referrals to screen and assess were made which I think gives an indication that a timely response is needed. No grant to alleviate urgent need after two weeks, no contact numbers and no form of action plan to assist a third party. Complex physical health conditions being affected by mental health but she is advised of a failure to meet the criteria for secondary services .

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 28 September 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 05 October 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about the response to a complaint you have made to KMPT. If you are unhappy with the response you received from a local manager you can raise this with the Patient Experience Team, who will arrange for the complaint to be reviewed. Should you still be unhappy after a case has been reviewed by us, you can follow this up with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsmen, who will consider the complaint and can also re-investigate the complaint if they feel it appropriate. You can contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757, or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

care plan in preparation, reassuring response to complaint

I had complained that my housebound disabled relative had been left post assessment mid September without contact numbers, a care plan or means to alleviate urgent need. I am assured that my relative has expressed satisfaction with current plans and that my concerns" do not appear to be a reflection of her beliefs feelings". I am in agreement with the Service Manager of Ashford Mental Health Team. I have not advocated successfully as a layman for her which reinforces my belief that independent advocacy is essential for anyone who will have significant difficulty participating in assessment .

Personally I think a contact number for the assessed person and third parties to refer to would be invaluable post assessment. Some basic foodstuffs post assessment for anyone without any near relatives,friends or charitable contacts would also be invaluable, enough for a couple of weeks. A few immediate measures responding to urgent need would avert further mental distress caused by uncertainty and hunger in someone already physically ill and disabled.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 03 October 2015

Thank you for your comments. Your suggestions have been passed onto directors for consideration. Please contact the Patient Experience Team if you need to on 0800 587 6757, or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

abysmal interventions after reassuring response to complaint

woeful progress made after an initially reassuring response to a complaint. Two months post second referral , no care plan and no cross agency communication with adult social service evident. The invaluable services of an independent advocate in place ,mercifully. No social care engagement to assist with the removal of a months refuse and no practical assistance with tasks rendered impossible through immobility , further impacting mental health. No joined up multidisciplinary approach to enable a very unwell disabled person to regain independence and optimal health.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 09 October 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 02 November 2015

I am very sorry to hear that you do not feel you have the support agreed with you in responding to your complaint. I know that it can be a challenge for services to work together in ensuring comprehensive support, but please contact me to discuss this further and ensure you do get the help that was assured to you. I manage the complaints team and so would wish to know that we meet the commitments we make in responding to complaints. You can email me at Nicholas.dent@kmpt.nhs.uk, or call 01227 812370. If I am not able to answer your call please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.