Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

01622 724100 Farm Villa, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9PH

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 2 stars

Crisis Team

The crisis Team we're pretty supportive, we did see a different person every time though. But to be honest I'm disgusted to find out that when I called the crisis Team pager number (which is a mobile number, included in my phone contract) in a emergency, I was billed nearly £1 per minute.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 26 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 04 January 2016

Thank you for raising this matter with us and I am pleased to note that you found our crisis team to be supportive. We have looked into the charging issue and am very sorry to hear you have been charged £1 per minute when calling our pager. We have contacted the provider of this service who confirmed that people contacting this number from a BT landline should be charged the standard national rate of 6.41-13.75 pence per minute plus a connection fee of 17.06 pence. I am really sorry that you have been charged so much and suggest you contact your service provider to question why your charge was so high.

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Not good

Was refered to arndale house the service is not brilliant they seem to think the symptoms of bipolar/phycosis are just the classic anxiety and depression a common diagnosis they throw out in KMPT so then the level of support is abysmal. Would not reccomend them to anyone Who is going through a crisis they try to rush you out the door at assessments and consultations.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 December 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about our service although it is disappointing that you didn’t find us helpful. In order to better understand your experience and see if there is further help we could offer would you kindly contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757 or on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk who can liaise with the Arndale House team to see if we could offer further support.

housebound lady left without timely response to urgent need

responding to my complaint the service manager for Ashford CMHT has asserted that there was no obligation to provide a face to face assessment to my relative . My relative has been assessed as a virtual prisoner in their home by another agency and is physically disabled besides having mental health problems, I think a face to face assessment was an obligation giving due regard to my relatives disabilities. Three separate referrals to screen and assess were made which I think gives an indication that a timely response is needed. No grant to alleviate urgent need after two weeks, no contact numbers and no form of action plan to assist a third party. Complex physical health conditions being affected by mental health but she is advised of a failure to meet the criteria for secondary services .

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 28 September 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 05 October 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about the response to a complaint you have made to KMPT. If you are unhappy with the response you received from a local manager you can raise this with the Patient Experience Team, who will arrange for the complaint to be reviewed. Should you still be unhappy after a case has been reviewed by us, you can follow this up with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsmen, who will consider the complaint and can also re-investigate the complaint if they feel it appropriate. You can contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757, or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

care plan in preparation, reassuring response to complaint

I had complained that my housebound disabled relative had been left post assessment mid September without contact numbers, a care plan or means to alleviate urgent need. I am assured that my relative has expressed satisfaction with current plans and that my concerns" do not appear to be a reflection of her beliefs feelings". I am in agreement with the Service Manager of Ashford Mental Health Team. I have not advocated successfully as a layman for her which reinforces my belief that independent advocacy is essential for anyone who will have significant difficulty participating in assessment .

Personally I think a contact number for the assessed person and third parties to refer to would be invaluable post assessment. Some basic foodstuffs post assessment for anyone without any near relatives,friends or charitable contacts would also be invaluable, enough for a couple of weeks. A few immediate measures responding to urgent need would avert further mental distress caused by uncertainty and hunger in someone already physically ill and disabled.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 03 October 2015

Thank you for your comments. Your suggestions have been passed onto directors for consideration. Please contact the Patient Experience Team if you need to on 0800 587 6757, or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

abysmal interventions after reassuring response to complaint

woeful progress made after an initially reassuring response to a complaint. Two months post second referral , no care plan and no cross agency communication with adult social service evident. The invaluable services of an independent advocate in place ,mercifully. No social care engagement to assist with the removal of a months refuse and no practical assistance with tasks rendered impossible through immobility , further impacting mental health. No joined up multidisciplinary approach to enable a very unwell disabled person to regain independence and optimal health.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 09 October 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 02 November 2015

I am very sorry to hear that you do not feel you have the support agreed with you in responding to your complaint. I know that it can be a challenge for services to work together in ensuring comprehensive support, but please contact me to discuss this further and ensure you do get the help that was assured to you. I manage the complaints team and so would wish to know that we meet the commitments we make in responding to complaints. You can email me at Nicholas.dent@kmpt.nhs.uk, or call 01227 812370. If I am not able to answer your call please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Anonymous gave at Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Mental health team

Today I had a review with the mental health team. I sat down in a room with two ladies - one of them seemed absolutely lovely. However, the other one made me feel extremely uncomfortable. They knew I was nervous as my referal told them yet they didn't smile once or make me feel at ease. I told them both how I was feeling and they behaved as if they didn't believe me by the wording of their questions. I felt extremely judged. i left feeling really unhappy and sad and like I'm in the wrong for feeling this way.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 13 August 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 26 August 2015

Thanks you for your comments on our service, I am sorry that your experience has not been an altogether positive one. KMPT is keen to learn from the experiences of our service users and carers, both positive and negative. If you would like a more individual response I would encourage you to contact our Patient Experience Team to discuss your concerns. They will be able to share this with the appropriate ward/service and see how we can improve in the areas you have identified. Please contact them on 0800 783 9972 or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

Anonymous reviewed Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

failed to provide requested advocate and services

a disabled relative suffering poor mental health was referred by her GP who requested advocacy as she had dyslexia besides a poor ability to retain information. She has immense difficulty expressing thoughts and wishes. No advocacy was made available and she underwent an initial face to face assessment alone, failing to recall anything about the interchange. Six weeks on , still no advocate and no services, no contact regarding a suggested change of meds to the GP either. Patient experience contact very poor, suggesting some problems were of a physical nature ( sickness from eating under cooked frozen food ) No emergency foodstuffs supplied as promised five days previously by a member of the community mental health team. Not less than half a dozen different contacts within the team , no evidence of any handovers.Great risk of a person living alone falling through the net without the provision of independent advocacy.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 21 September 2015

I am sorry to hear of your concerns about your relative. It is unclear how many of the issues you highlight relate to mental health services, but if you would like me to look into this matter please contact me on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk or write to Nicholas Dent, Patient Experience Team, St Martins Hospital, CT1 1TD.

Anonymous reviewed Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

Disgusting Service!

Absolutely rubbish when refferrrrd to them they never give you a diagnosis they tend to sit you in front of a nurse who basically says "your having a bad day". Staff and Drs can't speak English or read or write for that matter.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 17 December 2015

I am very sorry that you are dissatisfied with the support you've received. All our staff should be competent in communicating in English and I would be concerned if any staff were not able to. In order to understand the specific concerns that you have could you please contact patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk. We would like to be able to reassure you about our support as well as see if we can learn anything to improve our service more generally. Thank you for highlighting your concerns.

Shocking Alcohol Service

My partner visited Medway A&E fiollowing a fall while he was drunk and was in A&E with our daughters. He was visited by a alcohol nurse who told him that his daughters would be following his coffin soon as he cares more about alcohol than them! I had 2 very upset girls, what sort of person says that in front of children?

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 27 January 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

By far the worst mental health team in England!

I can not even begin to express how awful their mental health team are! Poor poor communication and I have never seen nothing like it in my life! And I would appreciate it if there was no officials to reply to this message telling me to contact so and so to look into this problem as the phone is never answered!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 04 February 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 23 March 2015

Hi, i am sorry that your experiecne of our services is not what you would have wished, and that you have had trouble contacting our staff on the phone. Could i ask that you contact the Patient Expereince team using email on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk, and we would be pleased to understand your concerns and what we as a Trust could do to improve your experience.