Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

01622 724100 Farm Villa, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9PH

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

mAbout mental health medway

I have been told I have personailty disorder when I haven't. I need therapy which is free just like 2011 but they are refusing. No wonder we are suffering worse medway mental health is applying it was better in 2014.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 07 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 15 June 2016

I am sorry to hear that you have not felt supported by KMPT. Could we please ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke,
Assistant Director Community Recovery Service Line, on 01622 714559.
She will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and what we can learn to improve our support more generally.

Maria Stephenson gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 5 stars

Pembury hospital were lovely to my mum

My mum was admitted to pembury hospital after having a fall and she had a infection. I didn't know that a mental team was there but they were great mum is now better and back at home. Thank u all X

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Ms Stephenson, thank you for sharing this comment with us.
It will have been the Liaison Psychiatry Service that saw your mother and we will be pleased to pass on your comment to them.

Anonymous gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 2 stars

Post Discharge care is horrendous.

I had 3 admissions to Priority House in the space of a couple of months, the crisis teams and staff on the ward were great and helped me get home, were supportive and tried their upmost even when they were terribly short staffed. However, post discharge care is atrocious. I have barely heard from my care coordinator and have had no contact with them for over a month. On 2 occasions in the past 2 months I have needed to call point of access who have been as much help as a wet paper bag. For me, calling them is a big thing and means I need help right away but I have been told to 'go to sleep' when I have already explained that I have insomnia and no meds to help that. I'm also told that all they can do is email my disappearing care coordinator...it is now the weekend, I heard nothing from community team today and I can't access crisis team for support because I have to go through point of access who do not refer to crisis teams it seems. And when you end up in A&E for the 20th time this year and are asked why you didn't ask for help, it really is a kick in the teeth. If I could afford to go private I would, but having been off sick for half a year and no advice or support to get financial help, I am not able to.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting this matter to us and I am very pleased that you found our hospital and home crisis services helpful. I will ensure this is feedback to the team at Priority House. It was very disappointing to hear of your experience post discharge. We are seeking to ensure that people do receive the right support to facilitate their ongoing recovery after discharge from acute care and I am sorry that do not appear to have achieved this in your case. In order to better understand your experiences and identify how we might improve I ask that you contact Stephanie Clarke, associate director of Community Services, on 01622 714559.

Anonymous recommended Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust

negligence

Follwing a suicide attempt and self harm, a service user was given an appointment for a mental health asessment 3 months later.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust has not yet replied.

No existent community mental health

Following my discharge from hospital I have received virtually no support from mental health services responsible for West Kent. I had to have argument with my 'no care' coordinator to get an appointment with a psychiatrist. I was experiencing hypomania but there was no mention that I may have bipolar disorder. I was offered no further appointments and ended up paying to see a private psychiatrist. The care coordinator did not contact me for over a month, they then got the time of the appointment wrong and then didn't turn up at all. I requested a change of care coordinator but have still yet to be contacted by anyone. The care post discharge is shocking. I work on national guidelines for health conditions and I think in West Kent they are being used to wedge open doors and rather than to improve patients outcomes. Shame you cant give a rating of 'no stars'

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 01 June 2016

Thank you for highlighting these concerns which do appear averse to our wish to provide robust aftercare when someone is discharged from inpatient services and ensure their recovery.
It would not be appropriate to discuss individual cases on a public website and it is unclear where you reside, beyond being in West Kent.
Could we therefore request that you contact the manager of either Maidstone CMHT on 01622 766900 or South West Kent CMHT on 01892 709211.
Ask to speak with the service manager who will be pleased to look into your case and see what can be done to better support you and others upon their discharge from hospital.
If you prefer to contact someone more independent, then you could call the Patient Experience Team on 01622 723207 or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

bitofakerfuffle gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Medway CMHT

Psych clock-watched and I thought I was just there for a DSS letter.
Report full of inaccuracies . Going to report him to the GMC and his lacky to the NMC

Will now only see the beloved Oxleas from whom, I have received a good service.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 17 June 2016

I am very sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with your recent contact with our service.
While we wouldn’t wish to comment on a website we would be pleased to look into your comments and see what can
be done to support you and what we can learn to improve client experience of assessment.
Please call the Patient Experience Team on 0800 7839972 or email: patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk with details of your experience so that we can look into this.

Crisis Team

The crisis Team we're pretty supportive, we did see a different person every time though. But to be honest I'm disgusted to find out that when I called the crisis Team pager number (which is a mobile number, included in my phone contract) in a emergency, I was billed nearly £1 per minute.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 26 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 04 January 2016

Thank you for raising this matter with us and I am pleased to note that you found our crisis team to be supportive. We have looked into the charging issue and am very sorry to hear you have been charged £1 per minute when calling our pager. We have contacted the provider of this service who confirmed that people contacting this number from a BT landline should be charged the standard national rate of 6.41-13.75 pence per minute plus a connection fee of 17.06 pence. I am really sorry that you have been charged so much and suggest you contact your service provider to question why your charge was so high.

Not good

Was refered to arndale house the service is not brilliant they seem to think the symptoms of bipolar/phycosis are just the classic anxiety and depression a common diagnosis they throw out in KMPT so then the level of support is abysmal. Would not reccomend them to anyone Who is going through a crisis they try to rush you out the door at assessments and consultations.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 18 December 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 21 December 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about our service although it is disappointing that you didn’t find us helpful. In order to better understand your experience and see if there is further help we could offer would you kindly contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757 or on patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk who can liaise with the Arndale House team to see if we could offer further support.

Mrs lady gave Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor communication by mental health team

Having had a long interaction with kmpt over many years.i have been dealt with badly.part of my problem is when im depressed i cut contact with services and instead of being invited to be reviewed i was discharged in the middle of sessions with the consultant to change my medication. They cancelled 2 appointments over a period of a few months and then i missed one and was discharged back to my gp.due to increasing manic behavior and stress and the fact i was in the middle of a med review my gp refered me back to be told they have nothing to offer and should continue with the medication the consultant had said was wrong for me and to refer me to the primary care mh nurse.on looking up this service it says all patients being discharged from secondary mh services wil be offered an appointment with this nurse to reassure them that they would continue to receive support.this did not happen and i am left isolated on the wrong medication and depressed.how is this able to happen?and why advertise a service that doesnt happen. this is not the first time. i got offered services by one care co ordinator. they left and then was not offered another one to continue the work.some of the letters that have been written about me are inaccurate.when i have refused or not attended appointments its due to low mood and high anxiety.the service resently moved and i was not offered any support to attend a new venue which the staff knew i was terrified about.it appears that the service as a whole is not very good and appears that it can only work with people in extreme crisis or at most documented risk of suicide.this is very disappointing as the trust has just released its serious incident figures which are getting worse.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 04 July 2016

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for raising this matter with us although I am very sorry to note your feelings around our support.
In order to ensure we can meet the needs of new cases we are required to discharge people when they no longer need our support .
While I note that you needed to come back into the service, discharge is always arranged following a multi-professional clinical decision.
We are transforming services to become more recovery focussed, however service users can be re referred should their needs change, transferring service user care to primary care is appropriate as they recover.
In order to understand your experience and see if there is anything we could do to better support you and improve things for the future, could I ask that you contact the Patient Experience team on 01227 812020 or email patient.experience@kmpt.nhs.uk.

housebound lady left without timely response to urgent need

responding to my complaint the service manager for Ashford CMHT has asserted that there was no obligation to provide a face to face assessment to my relative . My relative has been assessed as a virtual prisoner in their home by another agency and is physically disabled besides having mental health problems, I think a face to face assessment was an obligation giving due regard to my relatives disabilities. Three separate referrals to screen and assess were made which I think gives an indication that a timely response is needed. No grant to alleviate urgent need after two weeks, no contact numbers and no form of action plan to assist a third party. Complex physical health conditions being affected by mental health but she is advised of a failure to meet the criteria for secondary services .

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 28 September 2015

Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust replied on 05 October 2015

Thank you for highlighting your concern about the response to a complaint you have made to KMPT. If you are unhappy with the response you received from a local manager you can raise this with the Patient Experience Team, who will arrange for the complaint to be reviewed. Should you still be unhappy after a case has been reviewed by us, you can follow this up with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsmen, who will consider the complaint and can also re-investigate the complaint if they feel it appropriate. You can contact the Patient Experience Team on 0800 587 6757, or email patientexperience@kmpt.nhs.uk.