Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

01484 342000 Royal Infirmary, Calderdale Royal Infirmary , Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HX3 0PW

Margaret Berry gave Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Appointmenta Centre

You must know you're Appointments Centre waiting times are poor or you wouldn't recommend trying after 5pm etc. I wasted half an hour this morning and now have just waited 52 minutes to cancel an appointment, even though I dialled at 5.20 pm. Surely this will cause some patients to simply not bother cancelling and result in more wasted appointments, not to mention the negative effects on their health.
There must be a better way!!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 August 2017

We're really sorry to read about these delays. Clearly this isn't the experience we'd like patients to receive and we are aware we have longer than normal waiting times at the moment. I'm not sure if you've been able to get through yet, but you could always email appointments@cht.nhs.uk with your information, or alternatively contact us via CHFT@cht.nhs.uk (with your full name, date of birth) and we'll get I touch with our appointments team. Please would you mention you are contacting us after a reply on NHS Choices? Thanks

Emma taylor gave at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing team of staff offering a great quality of care.

After being addmitted to ward 4c all staff showed me the utmost respect care and compassion. All staff were happy to help without limitations. Food is fantastic with a good variety of choice. Visiting hours have been extended allowing patients more time with family and friends. The ward is one of the cleanest i have seen with regular bed changes and surfaces cleaned. Staff go put of their way to keep all patients as comfortable as possible providing fans to keep cool extra bedding and pillows for comfort. Water and hot beverages are always on the go. Never have a recived such a good quality care from a hospital before but this one by far out weighs them all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to send this feedback. I'll make sure it is shared with the senior team so they can acknowledge it.
Jacqui - on behalf of CHFT

Gordon Wilson gave Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary treatment and care at HRI

From the moment I was admitted to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary in March 2017 with a pathological break of the hip, my treatment and care was exemplary. From the consultants registrar and doctors to the nurses, health care assistants, physios and occupational therapists whom I saw during my 12 days on Wards 19 and 20, everyone was friendly, courteous, patient, and above all concerned. I was truly impressed by the professionalism of everyone, in terms of clinical judgements and treatment, the 'joined-up thinking' between operation and after-care, and the overall engagement with patients.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 April 2017

Jacqui - on behalf of CHFT

Susan Butlin reviewed Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

trying to get in touch with appointments

I have been trying to contact appointments for three days now but to no avail it was only to advise that they had sent an appointment out for the 2/06/17 and I received the letter on the 09/06/17
Whilst I appreciate that it must be busy the highest on the waiting has been 48 the lowest 27
Even tried as they opened and just before they closed.
Now pulling my hair out. My advice to everyone is not to try to contact them complete nightmare

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Assistant Manager of Patient Advice and Complaints, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 June 2017

I am sorry to learn of your concern; we have been experiencing difficulties with our appointments system and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. We are working to reduce wait times for callers to the Appointment line and have recruited additional staff to address this. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Complaints Service on 0800 013 0018 or patientadvice@cht.nhs.uk, we will be able to take your details and assist.

Anonymous gave Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Car park charges at Acre Mills outpatients department

My daughter had an appointment at Acre Mills outpatients department yesterday.

We were seen promptly and all of the staff were very friendly and efficient. I have no complaints about the care.

What does need to be looked at are the car park charges. They are ridiculous. You cannot buy a ticket for an hour. The minimum time you can buy is 2 hours and this is £2.80. We were there for 35 minutes and had to pay £2.80.

Why can't you purchase a ticket for 30 or 60 minutes? I am sure there are many other people who have been in the same situation.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Compassionate care

My Uncle has recently been under the care of the team on ward 4. I felt I had to share that we have found his doctor invaluable to us as a family. I know it might seem a little thing but they have taken the time to speak to us directly about our relatives care in a compassionate, open, honest, friendly, professional manner. Both myself and my husband have spoken to them on 2 occasions only, but on both occasions have felt that they gave us the information we needed in a very caring way. It is just the little things that make such a difference to families. Thank you Dr.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 03 November 2016

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

John Butler gave Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

We should be proud of our NHS trust.

I have unfortunately been in and out of hospital for the last few months,my treatment by both doctor's and nursing staff was and continues to be of the highest quality.I cannot say enough about the level of professionalism shown by everyone concerned with me.I have spent a lot of time on ward 22,watching how they interact with patients and families alike it is so good to see.Such dedication should be rightly spoken about,junior doctor's who seem to be here 24/7 . Healthcare staff,who seem to go that extra distance to make sure everything is going wellAs senior nursing staff trying to maintain the highest quality of standards that we have come to expect from the NHS. Why is it that so many of us are quick to complain about the least little thing,while those inside this hospital everyday give all they have to make sure,we the patients receive the level of care and support we need,whilst we are here.So please show your support for these people,next time you see a staff membe,say hello and maybe just ask how they are today.Shake a hand and smile.It doesn't take much to show these hard working individuals that we the general public appreciate what they do for all of us when we need them the most,when we ourselves are unwell and find ourselves in the hospital.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Maura gave at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My visit to the urology investigation unit

I visited the unit on the 12th of July 2016 for various investigations including a cystoscopy and all of the staff who were involved in my care that day could not have been more caring and professional. I was a little apprehensive re the cystoscopy in particular but the procedure was made as comfortable as possible by the team there. As a retired nurse I am so proud that there are so many caring professionals in our NHS,

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 16 August 2016

Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our Trust. We’ll make sure your comments are shared with the team/staff member involved.

Ward 7

This newly refurbished ward is for we unfortunate patients who suffer cancer of various descriptions. The surroundings are relaxing and every single member of staff is so pleasant, friendly and understanding. They soon get to know patients personally and nothing is too much trouble. My oncology consultant is equally personable and I feel they are doing all they can to secure the best possible outcome for me.
My treatment had a slow and shaky start before referral to Oncology, but since then it has been outstanding. I cannot speak highly enough about Ward 7 staff and believe HRI has a genuine jewel in its midst. I hope the crazy ideas about reorganisation of health care in the area will not affect this world-class cancer service.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 18 March 2016

Labour Ward and Ward 9

I recently spent over three days on the labour ward acting as birthing partner to my daughter. The care shown to her, her partner and myself was second to none. My daughter, and ourselves, were treated with the utmost respect and care, and our questions, uncertainties and fears were treated respectfully and dealt with ultra efficiently. All midwifery/clinical and auxilliary staff were kind, polite and very caring. This followed through after the baby was born, when my daughter and grandaugther spent three days on Ward 9 following the birth. Again the same high level of care and consideration, at all times.
In this day and age, we come to expect to have to moan or complain to get what we want within healthcare, but my experience at Calderdale labour unit was something i shall be talking about for a long time to come. Thank you all for such a great level of care shown to my family.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 November 2015