Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

0114 271 1900 Northern General Hospital, Herries Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S5 7AT

Anonymous gave Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

T.V's not working.

Several televisions on ward S3 were out of action. It's very boring for a bed bound child to have to watch dvd's they've already seen.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 16 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback and I am really sorry this happened. We would be pleased to look into this further if you could contact us to provide more details. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team, either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk)
With thanks and kind regards

Anonymous gave Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Not happy with the service

I attended the fracture clinic on Monday 14th. Aug, my appointment was at 11.30 am, I was seen at 12.35pm. To be told by a consultant that my daughter may need an operation on the broken toe. The consultant was to ring me the next day in the morning to confirm the operation after speaking to a surgeon. Tuesday - no phone call. I had to ring the hospital to find out that my daughter has an appointment with the foot and ankle dept, but the consultants secretary could not tell me what the appointment was for. I am now having to take more time off work on Friday to take my daughter to the hospital. She is 18 years old and is very stressed at the fact that her toe maybe operated on. I find the service appalling.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 August 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback and I am really sorry that your daughter is injured and is going through this stressful time. If you or your daughter would like to contact us to provide more details we would be happy to look into this. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk)
With thanks and best wishes

Anonymous gave Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff on Chesterman 3

My son was transferred from the Hallamshire Hospital after being in intensive care after being run over. He had an operation to repair a tear in his diaphragm. The consultant and their team were amazing, my son has a learning disability and every consideration was extended to him. We were allowed to go with him to the point he was put to sleep and again we were allowed into recovery so that he had a familiar face when he came round.
The aftercare he received was excellent, he needed additional drains to help his lung re inflate, we were kept updated and the nurses were very supportive of him whilst these procedures were taking place.
We cannot speak highly enough of the nurses, support staff and all who came into contact with Josh. He was treated with such care and kindness. You have a wonderful team and we have absolutely seen the NHS at its finest.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 September 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am extremely sorry to learn that your son has been through such a terrible experience, but your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff concerned. Thank you for sharing your experience of the care provided during this distressing time.
With thanks and best wishes for your sons continued recovery

Anonymous reviewed Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Terrible service at phlebotomy northern general

I have visited phlebotomy at the royal hallamshire almost every month for the last 10 years, they are so professional, yet friendly at the same time and immediately put you at ease, however, in August for the second time I had to have bloods done at the Northern General, outpatients department. This was a completely different experience, the whole set up is unprofessional from the rooms they are using, they are untidy and unclinical, the staff are very ignorant and speak amongst themselves whilst not really taking care of the patient and whilst a queue was forming they were stood chatting and on their mobile phones. The entire experience is not a good one. I was told my vieins weren't 'giving' and they might have to look elsewhere, I was poked about in both arms and ended up badly bruised on both occasions. This needs looking at in great details and in comparison with the Hallamshire who have been fantastic all these years, and I cannot praise them enough.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 September 2017

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for leaving feedback and I am really sorry you did not have a good experience at the Northern General and experienced this inconsistency. Your feedback will be passed onto the relevant senior managers however if you would like to provide more details please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Services Team. You can do this by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk)
With thanks and best wishes

Lydia c gave at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Nursing staff

The nursing staff in h2 leave a lot to be desired especially the young night staff, what is this about overworked? They were off in rooms giggling amongst themselves and didn't come when buzzers pressed. Totally disgusting care why they get paid so much for that kind of behaviour is beyond me, sister in charge is rude!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 August 2017

Dear Lydia
Thank you for leaving feedback and I am really sorry this has been your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact us to provide more details if you would like us to look into this further. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team, either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at pst@sth.nhs.uk

Accident and emergency dept NGH

Took my husband to A/E at 1.30 am as in excruciating pain in shoulder. Triage nurse more interested in looking at computer than my husband. Department very quiet but still made to wait 4 hours which was cruel under the circumstances . Doctor very rude, made to feel that being there was a big inconvenience, despite giving us the diagnosis which the doctor agreed was an extremely painful condition. When will staff realise that people do not turn up in the middle of the night, wait there for almost 8 hours because they have nothing better to do. The CQC rated this department as "requires improvement" on every level. I would certainly agree with this.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 25 June 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2017

Dear AnonThank you for leaving feedback, and I am really sorry to learn that your experience was not a positive one. We would be pleased to look into this further if you wish to contact us to provide more details. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs](mailto:pst@sth.nhs)

Mrs Janet harrison reviewed Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

emergency help

I wish to say a very big ""Thankyou""to your team that attended to me within 6 minute request on Tuesday 4th April 2017.at Totley

Kind...professional..happy..attention to detail made
Your staff should be commended

Thanks again

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Minor injuries

Waste of time them being open went today with problem. They don't deal with that problem so tried sending me to broad Lane walk in but everyone knows they don't deal with bone issues either as they don't have equipment to X ray so my choices a&e for a 4 hour wait and just told to take pain killers or another fortnight wait for appointment for tests no wonder the nhs in crisis wasting money on paying out extra pay on a service with no patients in

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 April 2017

I was very sorry to hear that you have had such a negative experience of using our services. We would like to look into this matter and respond to you personally, please could you therefore provide your personal details so that we can investigate and contact you?
If you could provide details to our Patient Service Team we would be most grateful. the team can be contacted on telephone number 0114 271 2400 or by emailing
pst@sth.nhs.uk
Thank you.

George Brookes gave Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Department Hallamshire Hospital Sheffield

I attended your Endoscopy Department on the 19th of April 2017 and had A colonoscopy which was successfully carried out and I am writing to thank all concerned.

The procedure was carried out extremely professionally with care and consideration by my consultant, assisted by their nurses.

Sincere kindest regards

George Brookes

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 29 April 2017

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 May 2017

Dear George
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind words will mean a great deal to the staff involved as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment. They will be very encouraged by them.

waste of time

am so fed up feel like getting the saw out on my ankle to chop my foot off the pain is worse every day , and getting nowhere with nhs services latest appointment today slight Morton neuroma but didn't even have a look at any where else in me foot as my whole foot is in pain and arrived home to it swollen and excruciating again was asked if id had xray what a joke months ive been going to different department of nhs to be looked it and none of them are interested im hving more n more time off work im at the point now where I just don't want to attend any more nhs services over a year I been having these problems now and continue to worsen

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 April 2017

Nancy Henwood, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 April 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
I am really sorry you are having such a frustrating experience. We would be happy to look into this matter if you could contact us to provide more details. You can do this by contacting our Patient Services Team, either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk)