Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust

01604 634700 Cliftonville , Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5BD

Dobbin gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Communication

Found NGH Oncology departments communication is to say the least really poor, had various calls from the same departments but everyone telling you different things, even had two appointments thinking they were different but in fact they were the same but with different Drs. It has left my wife and I soeachlealss

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 19 September 2017

We are sorry you found communication to be poor between departments. We have passed your feedback on to the oncology team so that they are aware of the matter. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk or tel 01604 545784) is available to provide you with support and, if you wish, our patient experience lead, Rachel Lovesy (rachel.lovesy@ngh.nhs.uk) would be happy to meet with you to full understand the issues you have been faced with so that she can follow them up directly with the departments.

Michelle C gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Mental health problems? - don't use NGH

I took a life threatening overdose on Friday night and was admitted to the Resus dept of A and E where I was treated fairly & given appropriate treatment that saved my life. After 12 hours I was transferred to EAU on the Saturday and was treated fairly by the staff on duty. However, come Sunday morning, the HCA on bay 1 went out of her way to ignore me, further adding to my distress. At 0800 she greeted the other 5 bay 1 lady patients with a 'good morning, how are you', but totally ignored me. Then after breakfast she asked the other 5 if they had towels and washing equipment or if they needed them, but again totally ignored me. Having already tried to commit suicide her actions just made me more depressed so I self discharged shortly afterwards.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 27 September 2017

We are sorry to hear that you felt you were ignored by a member of staff on EAU and that you felt you had to self-discharge. If you have any ongoing concerns regarding your care and treatment at NGH please get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk) and they will be happy to help. We hope that you have been able to access the support you need.

steve wilkes gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

excellent care in eye departments

just wanted to say how pleased i was with the care i received in the opthalmology & orthoptics department as well as the eye casualty over the past 2 years before being discharged.the department is always busy but the consultants were thorough ,and always had the time to discuss and answer any questions i had.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will make sure we pass on your kind words to the relevant teams.

Roy Wills gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Care

I cannot praise to highly the care my brother received at NGH.
Following a fall it was necessary to call for Ambulance assistance. the three members of staff were truly amazing. Their attitude was professional friendly and reassuring. They quickly assessed the situation and admitted him to hospital. On arrival he was dealt with by calm and again professional Doctors and Nurses. As a family we were kept informed in language that was easily understood yet the seriousness of the situation was calmly relayed to us. My brother had infact had a huge bleed on the brain and unfortunately he died. The outcome was not one we were expecting but nevertheless it doesn't diminish the care that he and we experienced.. Thank you to all concerned.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the care you and your brother experienced. Please accept our condolences for your loss, our thoughts are with you.

Rosie Wright gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Victoria Ward

I had the occasion to visit a patient on the Victoria Ward and the staff could not have been more helpful. They were very efficient and friendly both with me as a visitor and with the patients.

Please pass on my thanks to the ward.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 22 August 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will certainly pass on your thanks to the staff on Victoria ward.

Angela turner gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

manfield day surgery

Many thanks to all staff in the Mansfield day surgery .for looking after me so well with very kind and considerate attitudes . You all do a fabulous job I am very grateful I would like to name you all night staff you know who you are special thanks for care overnight .anethetist for making sure I woke up ! I had the best care I could have received .very best regards Angela Turner

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 August 2017

Dear Angela - thank you for your feedback following your time with us. We'll certainly pass on your kind words to the staff on the day surgery unit.

Anonymous gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

admission from oncology outpatients

I was admitted to Spencer Ward from oncology outpatients.I cannot praise the staff in
Spencer ward enough,overstretched and hard working but very caring all day and night.
The ward and bathrooms were always clean,all staff very attentive.Also the oncology department very much on the ball,few niggles about waiting time up there but it goes with
the territory and we are always patient as long as I am dealt with and my consultant is first
class. I am grateful to everyone who I deal with at NGH,thank you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 28 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience on Spencer ward. We really do welcome and appreciate feedback from our patients and are sorry that sometime you have to wait longer than we would like. We'll pass your kind words and feedback on to the relevant teams.

Mim gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Vascular surgery

Would like to thank all the staff is Willow ward for their outstanding care and treatment in looking after my husband, their friendliness, smiles, and wonderful care are something that Northampton trust should be extremely proud of, sorry we are not allowed to mention your names but , NHS Northampton should be very proud to have you all working for their trust, My husband Paul made such a remarkable recovery all down to them, big thank you to everyone. Can you please pass on our personal thank you, you are all outstanding and your patient care is outstanding , big thank you ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 September 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 04 September 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your husband's care whilst he was on Willow ward. We have passed on your comments to the ward sister so that she can share them with everyone on the ward. We hope that Paul is now well on the mend.

Angela turner gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

manfield day surgery

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 15 August 2017

Hi Angela - thank you very much for your feedback following your treatment and care in Manfield day surgery. We will certainly make sure your comments are passed on to the team and wish you a speedy recovery.

Anonymous gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&E

Following a fall I was taken to A&E on Saturday afternoon and monitored overnight. I received excellent care from all staff including the doctor and their team. Also the radiologist was very kind and helpful - even wheeling me back to A&E as all the porters were occupied.

Thank you all so much - you are brilliant.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 August 2017

We are sorry to hear that you had a fall and had to attend A&E over the weekend. Thank you for taking your time to leave your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with the service you received. We will ensure your feedback is sent on to the team in A&E. We hope you're on the mend. Kindest regards from all at NGH.