The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust

020 7352 8171 Fulham Road , London, Greater London, SW3 6JJ

Richard Bogle gave The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Doctor

We had a very poor experience of this doctors service. We were referred to this service as a centre of excellent but never actually ever saw the consultant who was supposedly in charge. In order to get any response we had to try and contact their private secretary as the NHS secretarial team were uncontactable. We were seen by a series of research fellows who asked us to come for appointments without actually arranging them. The whole experience was very unsatisfactory. As a family of medical professionals (consultant cardiologist, ITU nurse) we found it impossible to get through to people and the whole experience was shambolic. This consultant needs to understand what a completely rubbish service they are offering to patients. As a consultant cardiologist I wouldn't treat any of my own patients in this way and I'm considering taking this matter further with the regulatory authorities. Just because my father in law was 85 years old he was essentially written off by the team without any proper explanation. I am extremely cross about this doctors approach and management. They should be investigated by the medical director of the Marsden as their clinical practice is very poor.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 December 2016

The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Allen Reeves gave The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Most excellent Marsden

The care consideration and courtesy shown to me during my visits at the MDU reflect the
best in those wonderful people, they being the staff at reception, nurses and doctors who
have helped me to fight lung cancer, and have given me the will and determination to
survive a further five years.
I have been privileged to watch my grandchildren grow.
Many thanks to the ladies and gentlemen who volunteer invaluable time, and to those
friends at the tea room, love the Julie Walters impressions. Keep the toast and
marmalade coming.
Heartfelt thanks to you all.
Mr. Allen Reeves.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 31 January 2016

The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 April 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments to inform us of your experience. We really value feedback as it helps us to strive for excellence in all our services.