Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Ken Trinder gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

My Care Could Not Have Been Better

I recently spent a few days in the ACU ward and I don't think my care could have been better. All the staff I met were very considerate and caring. I also witness the effort they put into looking after another patient who was clearly seriously poorly and I was extremely impressed by the level of care he got.
It made me feel very proud of the NHS and I'm extremely grateful for the level if care I received.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 09 June 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 09 June 2016

This is wonderful to hear, thank you for sharing not only your own story, but also your experience of seeing how other patients on the ACU were looked after. The whole team were delighted when I shared your kind words with them and asked me to pass on their thanks.

Caroline Sheppard,
Matron, Cardiology

Jane Nock gave Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary (HPB) service at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

Three Hour wait for an 83 year old lady.

My 83 year old mother attended an appointment on 14/6/16 for an endoscopy, her appointment was at 10.15 am, she was eventually seen at 2.15pm. Several attempts were made by us to find out what the delay was as there were patients who had arrived after my mother and were being seen before her. Reception and nursing staff ignored my mothers request for an update on when she would be seen. Staff were rude and ignorant right up until the point when she was eventually called in to see the consultant, it was only at this point that an apology was made. There was still no explanation why she had been missed. We are very very disappointed at the lack of care and acknowledgement by the reception and nursing staff towards my elderly mother who was already very anxious about having to have an endoscopy. I hope that my mother never has to attend this department again at least until a full explanation and apology has been given and staff have learnt from their mistakes.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 15 June 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 22 June 2016

I am very sorry to hear that we fell short when it came to keeping you fully updated and informed about what was happening when your mother attended for her appointment. This isn’t good enough. Would you mind getting in touch with me so I can get some extra detail so we can learn from this experience and where necessary speak to individual staff so that they can hear of your experience and reflect on the impact of their actions. You can contact me directly on jean.barker@nuh.nhs.uk. It is easier to get me by email as I am often away from my office. However, you can call a patient experience officer on 0115 9249924 ext. 66117 and leave your details and I will call you back if you prefer.

Jean Barker.
Matron, Gastroenterology

Tony howard gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Radiotherepy south

Great great great department of radiotherepy the south department is full of hard working staff who treat all with kindness and dignity thank you for looking after me

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 June 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 22 June 2016

This is great to hear. Thanks so much for posting this. I’ve shared your kind words with our radiotherapy team, who greatly appreciate your kind words and gratitude.

Dr Dan Saunders
Head of Service, Radiotherapy

Leeds1 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Had a toe amputated

I had a hammer toe, which became ulcerated, I visited my GPS who gave me medication, unfortunately it didn'the get better and I was advised to go to the podiatry dept at Park House, Primary Care Centre Charlton, Nottingham, . I was assessed and it was treated, after a short time I was given more advice and a suggestion was made to have it amputated. 8th was either to have it all off 9r 1/2 it off. I decided to have it taken off. I had my toe amputated last month and the service jobs received by the whole team was very good and I couldn't fault anything.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 08 June 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 June 2016

Thanks for your kind words. I'm pleased that you felt you received good service.

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Sharon Saunders
Matron, Elective Orthopaedics

Dilwyn reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Day surgery appointments

I have chronic pain syndrome and receive infusions in day surgery every 12 weeks or should I say I should do because it's not been the case to date.
I have to phone at about 11 weeks to try and get my next appointment to be treated disrespectfully by the appointment clerk, the last comment I had when I asked politely why I had not received my 12 week letter to be told because we haven't sent it out yet and the doctors have to have holidays? I don't disagree that they deserve holidays however I deserve the treatment I receive for the chronic pain as I'm disabled through serving this country and have these problems because of that?
Therefore I would question why I have to chase every appointment to be made to feel it's your problem not mine I know my problems but I do not need to be talked as if I'm being a nuisance?

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 09 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 16 May 2016

Thank you for writing in - I'm sorry that this was your experience. Your concerns will be shared with the booking staff and with the directorate management team. We are doing all we can to improve waiting times and meet patients' expectations for their appointments. If you would like to speak to a service manager about any of the concerns you have you are welcome to do so, please call 0115 840 2652 and ask to speak to the service manager.

Paula Dixon

Acting Service Manager, Pain Management

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

fantastic

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 4 weeks ago. And had a lumpectomy yesterday. The staff I the breast institute are excellent. Caring and kind. Yesterday I arrived a t Elective admissions at 7am we waited in our bay.i was visited by my anaesthetist who explained everything and asked if I had any questions then I was visited by my surgeon who explained what they were going to do. Again I was asked if I had any questions.
I had to go over to the breast institute for a wire to be fitted. And then on to nuclear medicine for a injection to make the Lymph nodes easier to see.then back to the elective admissions to wait, my wait wasn't to long as I was second on the list. The. The call came the porter was on their way for me! My surgery took about a hour. I woke up in recovery my care there was excellent. Then taken up to Gillies ward. were I received excellent care from all the staff, including the person serving the meals. After another visit from my surgeon and anaesthetist I was allowed home that same night. I'd like to thank everyone I crossed paths with yesterday the theatre porters, the recovery team, the Gillies ward team and the catering team. And of course my surgeon and anaesthetist thank you. Fingers crossed we don't have to meet again!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 20 May 2016

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to hear that your treatment went well and that you were happy with every aspect of your care. I’ve shared your great feedback with the various teams you mention. We also hope (in the nicest way possible) that we don’t have to meet again!

Maria Duffin-Mills.
Matron, Cancer & Associated Specialties.

Bulwell12 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Mental health and Dementia care

St Francis city hospital complex. there has been denial by admin staff that urgent referral letters faxed from GP s never arrived and extremely long waiting times for these appointents even though they are classed as urgent by the GP, I thihnk this is mainly due to part time medical staff including doctors all due to lack of funding this situation has been going on for an extremely long time and is leading to much distress

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 19 May 2016 using Patient Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 23 May 2016

Thank you for getting in touch. I’m sorry you’ve experienced delays with your appointment. The St Francis Unit on our City Hospital Campus is managed by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (which is a separate organisation). You can contact them at PALS@nottshc.nhs.uk. We will also forward your concern to them so that they can reply to you directly.

Sarah Kennedy.
Patient experience officer.

Paul gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

TIA unit

After an "episode" at work on a Tuesday, I saw my GP on the Wednesday and had an appointment at the TIA unit on the Friday. I was very impressed with the speed, efficiency, professionalism and respect I was treated with by staff in the TIA unit and Ultrasound Scan Dept. (and the cup of tea!) Even though I'm now at a low point in my life (the results of my visit were not what I really wanted to hear) it is heartening and reassuring to know that the "professionals" really do care.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 20 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 23 May 2016

Hi Paul.

Thanks for taking time to get in touch with us to share details of your experience, most especially at this difficult time for you. I’ve shared your feedback with relevant staff.

Wishing you well
Tracey Palmer.
TIA Unit manager.

Angela Hanby gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent in every aspect

I have just come home from Orthopaedic Day Surgery.
I had to do this straight away as I was so pleased with absolutely every aspect in my treatment.
The staff were kind,efficient and professional without fail
I have had this same procedure before and never felt so well so quickly after it
Our NHS gets so many knocks I want to make a small inroad into reversing that

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 27 May 2016

Thanks for the thumbs up Angela. I’ve shared your kind comments with the team and we all appreciate you taking time to feedback.

hanks again for your feedback,

Kerri Ditchfield.
Theatre Admission Lounge Manager.

Sharon Joynes gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Great Care

Visited the urology unit for a day case procedure on Friday 27th, all aspects of the procedure were given in detail before and after, all do's and don'ts were given verbally and written for me to take away, the anaesthetist was understanding of a worry I had of being positioned during surgery due to a back problem I have, this was discussed and everything went fine, my nurse in recovery was lovely making sure I was comfortable that I was fed and had plenty to drink, again they took the time to go over what I should do when I got home and said to ring the unit if I had any concerns and someone would be able to help me
The care at this unit is first class and I would recommend it to anyone who needs this particular speciality

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 28 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 01 June 2016

Hi Sharon.

Thanks for your recommendation. I’m pleased to hear you were happy with all aspects of your care. I’ve shared your feedback with my colleagues.

I hope you’re recovering well.

Maria Duffin-Mills.