Check here for alerts

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Western276 reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

A "smile" goes further than treatment at times

Julie (7C) Kerry (15) and Mr Saunders + C15 staff (kings Mill) + all other staff at the radiotherapy dept- City Hospital Nottingham including reception areas- they are always available to me - helpful- and they have or take the time to listen and sort my problems out as far as they are able to.
PS "smile" goes further than treatment at times- and they are all fantastic in that area as well as being very professional in their duties.
Thanks

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 02 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback. I have shared your lovely comment with the relevant teams and they all send their thanks and best wishes for the future.

Jane McKay, Matron.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

Very distressed care of our elderly relative

Shock Shock! Our relative is nearly ninety years old, he was frail when he was admitted to hospital but he was able to look after himself in his own home. he has had a biospy caught sepsis, is now incontinent and very confused. Our relative is still a inpatient at this hospital or I would say more.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 December 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you have concerns about your relative’s care. If they are still an inpatient, please do ask to speak to the manager of the ward they are on about your concerns – if you do not feel able to do this, you can also contact our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 0800 183 0204 and they will be happy to help bring your concerns to the team of the ward your relative is on.

Andrew Steggles
Patient Experience Officer

CF gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

left knee replacement

Arrived home Saturday having had operation on Tuesday. From beginning to end of my stay was such a positive experience from previous hospital stays in other hospitals. I was extremely nervous and my anaesthetist was absolutely amazing, a credit to their profession, their calming approach and friendliness put me at ease. My consultant was also so wonderful, in every aspect. The team on the SSSU are worth their weight in gold, everyone I met including cleaning and ward staff, porters for X-ray, physiotherapists, were friendly, caring and helpful. I am sure they have all contributed to my recovery and cannot thank,them enough.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 06 December 2016

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience. I am glad to hear everything went well. I’ve shared your kind words with the team in elective orthopaedics, who asked me to send their best wishes to you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Louise Challens
Matron, Elective Orthopaedics

dragonage reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

trying and failing to get a physio appt changed

I have been trying to get through to physio at Nottm City Hospital.....sent 2 letters, 2 e-mails been ringing direct line....just tried main switch board - 3 extension numbers....still can't cancel or change my appointment - disgusted with them. Need physio for my shoulder and help with carpal tunnel.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 02 November 2016

I’m sorry you have had difficulty rearranging your appointment. It really shouldn’t be this hard to change your appointment. Please can you email your details to us at NUHcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk and either I or one of my colleagues in the Patient Experience team will help to get a new date and time for your appointment.

Sarah Kennedy,
Patient Experience Officer.

Mick Fattorini gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Urology and Harvey 2 ward

I had a kidney stone removed on 4/11/16. I was really impressed with the treatment from start to finish. Great staff, Doctors, Nurses et al. Efficient, professional and overall nice. Just wanted to say thank you for everything!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 07 November 2016

Many thanks. I’m pleased to hear you were impressed with the care you received at City Hospital. I’ve shared your kind words with relevant colleagues.

Best wishes,

Fay Allen.
Ward Manager, Harvey 2.

Bryan Twist gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from well run team

The consultant and their team impressed me from the first contact. The communication and timekeeping leading to my total knee replacement was first class. Everyone on the theatre team and the wards after were friendly, competent and supportive. I have no fears when I have to return in the future for the second knee. Brilliant!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 09 November 2016

Thanks for taking time to write to us Bryan. I’ve passed on your feedback to my colleagues.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

All the best,

Adam Brooks.
Divisional Director, Surgery.

Jean Fletcher gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

wonderful service

i have attended the TIA clinic twice as an emergency. I was treated with such kindness by everyone especially one member of staff. What an asset to an incredible team.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 09 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 14 November 2016

Thanks for the lovely feedback. What a great start to the week! I’ve shared this with staff.

Thanks again,

Tony Till.
TIA Clinic Manager.

Tallyho Ginger gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Thoracic Surgery...... What amazing people

I am incredibly impressed with all aspects of the process from my initial consultation with my surgeon and their team, all the way though the Pre-Op Assessment Unit and then the EAL Unit, the Surgical Team (that I met whilst I was conscious of course), the recovery team and finally the Barclay Ward staff (Thank you to my nurse). The porters. At every stage I felt that they had my best interests at heart, listened to me an involved me. The unsung staff that made the process, catering, great and tasty... service with a smile. And the cleaner who was lovely. Thank you one and all.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 November 2016

This is fantastic feedback! Thank you. It sounds like this was a real team effort from all concerned. I’m pleased each member of staff you came into contact with contributed to making your experience so pleasant.

I’ve shared with all staff teams you mention, who all wish you well.

Jo Manogue.
Matron, Thoracic Surgery.

Jason Hayes gave Haematology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Haematology Out patients Appointment

I attended my haematology out patients Appointment today. This was my first visit. The consultant I saw was excellent. They were very caring and spent time listened to all my worries and concerns . I felt they genuinely cared and did their best to reassure me and my wife. I walked out of the Appointment feeling positive and reassured. Thank you

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 18 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 21 November 2016

Thanks for making contact with us. I’m pleased to hear you and your wife felt reassured after your appointment and that it was a positive experience overall.

Best wishes,
Laura Mannering.
Manager, Haematology Day Case.

Peter gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

An excellent Hospital

I have recently attended the Nottingham City Hospital - firstly at pre-op assessment on Edward 2 Ward followed by surgery at Urology and finally Harvey 2 Ward. I was treated with the utmost care respect and dignity by everyone I met. My heartfelt thanks to all involved in my care - an excellent Hospital.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 29 November 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 29 November 2016

Thank you. Great news! I have shared your feedback with the relevant teams and they are all grateful for your kind words.

Maria Duffin-Mills, Matron Urology.