Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Telephone: 0115 969 1169
Address: Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Pauline gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Hysterectomy

I was diagnosed with a prolapse 5 years ago (age 63) and it was treated using a pesory ring which was changed every 4 months. The consultant at that time was male and he said he wouldn't necessarily recommend an op. Each time I had the ring changed by a female GP I was asked whether I had ever considered an op. I was not in any pain or discomfort from the ring but on several occasions I developed an infection, which was only noticed when the ring was changed, and was treated over a 3-4 week period which meant being without the ring and uncomfortable. I decided earlier this year to see a consultant again with a view to having the op. The female consultant was extremely pleasant, talked to me a lot about what was involved in the op and gave me leaflets. I read the leaflets and reviews of post op experiences and it took me some time to decide to go ahead. I was on the waiting list 4 months, went into Loxley Ward, City hosp on Monday 22nd Sept., had the op that afternoon with general anaesthetic, ate a ham salad for my tea that evening and was up and about without catheter or IV drip the following morning, discharge home on Wednesday 24th, no pain, no problems.. I had the "suction" method so no external stitches, internal stitches will dissolve. I was lucky that I was fit and well before the op as I think that aids a speedy recovery. In fact I decided to have the op now as I didn't want to wait until I am older in case I'm not so healthy. Certainly a 10/10 from me for the procedure and all the staff involved.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 28 September 2014

Re Pauline Hysterectomy

Forgot to mention, I had a spine block injection as well as general anaesthetic ...brilliant idea!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 28 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

C Josling gave Plastic surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Plastics Department and Gillies Ward

Just to thank you all for your kind care and attention during my short stay.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 30 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anne Langham gave Genetics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

I have recently been receiving genetic counselling at the City Hospital and feel I must express my thanks and appreciation for the service I have received. I first saw my counsellor in April and over the following months she has been so caring and supportive,always available to answer any questions I had or to ring me back.She referred me to several departments for investigations which went though very smoothly and efficiently. I was then able to have blood tests and yesterday received my result which thankfully was negative. The NHS gets a lot of bad press but I am truly impressed with the service I have received.
My thanks to all involved but especially to my counsellor.
Anne Langham

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 15 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. It is great to hear that you experienced such good care from our genetic counselling team. We will be happy to pass your message to everyone involved in your care.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 3 stars

Edward 2 Ward

I was admitted to Edward2 Ward after an athroscopy. The care I received prior to theatre during surgery and in recovery was first class I have a known problem with a low temperature during surgery and this was all dealt with straight away. It was a differant matter when I reached the ward the nurse who was dealing with me was very disorganised and seemed to flit from one thing to another without achieving anything. I arrived on the ward at 10-30 the half hourly obs were taken at 11 and 11-30 and then not again until 3-30 the drip I had stopped working almost straight away and although I told the nurse nothing was done about it until I told another nurse later in the afternoon. My drugs chart was lost so the only thing I could be given was paracetamol. The drugs from pharmacy turned up in the office the next morning. T top this off all the info I came home with including the letter to my doctor say I had a right knee arthroscopy when in fact it was a left knee. The care on the ward seemed chaotic with bells not being answered I would add that this was the opinion of all the ladies in my bay.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 17 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 21 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience in our care. Although it is pleasing to learn that you had some great care before your operation, it seems we could have done better with your after-care. We would like to look into this further so that we can provide you with a more meaningful response. If you wish us to do so, please contact the ward sister, Nova Charles on 0115 969 1169 or via email on nova.charles@nuh.nhs.uk to provide your details and dates of your stay and we will go from there.

Gerry Holding gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 4 stars

Loxley Ward

A big thankyou to all the caring staff on the above ward. I had surgery on 26th August and I cannot believe how good the care was in every way I couldn't believe this was the NHS. A special thankyou to the nurse and midwife spending time on the ward for their reassurance - a little extra goes a long long way.

Geraldine Holding

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 September 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Polly love gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Gillies ward, des, registrars and nurses, AMAZING

Wow! The hospital, doctors, nurses and everyone were absolutely fantastic on Gillies Ward, they are so so caring and made me feel so comfortable, especially the registrars - so so kind and looked after me so well. Please once again pass on my thanks to them!

This ward is by far the best!

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 31 August 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Elliimae gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Loxley stay

I was in loxley ward from1st to 4th July and must say the staff were all very caring, so thank you to each and every one.

I Would also like to thank the surgical teams - excellent job! I am now recovering really well. If I had to go again to loxley I wouldn't feel anxious to do so.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 08 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely comment. We’re pleased to hear you are recovering well and had a good experience in our care. We will pass your kind words to our colleagues on Loxley and the surgical team.

Did you know that nominations for our annual NUHonours Awards are now open? You can nominate teams or individual staff members for an award. The Family Health category is most relevant to the comments you have posted. Please go to our website to find out more: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ or call 0115 9691169 x76028.

Ian gave General Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Phlebotomy

Excellent calm un-rushed service today from the Phlebotomist in Cubicle 2.
The waiting area was really busy, but the cubicle area was an oasis of calm.
Excellent.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 10 July 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 July 2014

Thank you for your comment, it is great to hear that you had such a pleasant experience in our care. We will let our colleagues there know that you appreciated the calm atmosphere, which made you feel confident in your treatment.

John Bell reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Fast Track

When I was found to have a tumour in the lung and another in the brain I was told that I had been placed on the fast track for treatment and that I would be treated in 62 days although clearly longer term treatment like chemo/radio might go beyond this. I have found that no-one in the City seems to know anything about 'fast track', and I am now on day 68, and the treatment has not started, although I go to Sheffield tomorrow for the gammaknife procedure on my brain lesion.
After that my next appointment is on 19 June, some 84 days after I was told that I was being 'fast-tracked'
My point is that either the hospital has such a scheme or it doesn't. Why tell a patient that he/she will be treated in a given time frame when the staff seem to know nothing about it. It raises false hopes.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014