Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Telephone: 0115 969 1169
Address: Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB
Website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy

As a result of tests carried out under the Bower Cancer Screening Programme, I was referred to the Endoscopy Unit for further examination. Throughout the process, from initial screening interview to post-examination care, I was treated with consideration and care.

Please convey my thanks to everyone; the receptionists, nurses, clinicians and the consultant who carried out the endoscopy.

(The Endoscopy Unit is not listed below: I hope I've selected an appropriate department)

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 11 January 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 January 2015

Thank you for your lovely feedback about our bowel cancer screening programme, and the endoscopy service. It is great to read your comment and see how you were treated with consideration and care at every stage of the process. We will be glad to pass your message of thanks on to our colleagues in the team, we are sure they will appreciate it.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

I want to say a big thank you to all who helped me overcome my fear that day. I

I want to say a big thank you to all who helped me overcome my fear that day. I was on Gillies ward bay two, nothing was to much trouble for them on the ward, the porter's that took me down and back to theatre were very kind, my anaesthetist was brilliant, so were the team in theatre, the nurse who took me to the loo while down there and came to see me straight after my opp, and not forgetting my plastic surgeon, my nose already looks better. Hoping not to be back any time soon !!! But Nottingham City Hospital will be my choice every time. Oh forgot the lovely member of staff that did my pre opp and the nurse who did my blood test that day.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 11 December 2014

Thank you for such lovely feedback. We appreciate coming into hospital can be a difficult and daunting experience for patients, and we are very pleased to hear that our colleagues on Gillies ward and in theatres helped you feel at ease. We will pass on your message of thanks to the team.

Anonymous gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 1 stars

Harvey 2

My dad is on Harvey 2 ward ( which he should really be on a medical ward)
And he is not getting the right care he should be given. The doctors can't be bothered to come from the medical ward to see him. He's been in three weeks and seen doctors two or three times. We waited for a doctor to come because he's been so sick for a week can't eat or drink, oh at seven o'clock decides they aren't coming thank you. This is just tip of an ice berg. Waiting for an x Ray but ten o'clock at night still not had.
Wish he had never come in city hospital. He's worse now than when he came in.
My husband had pneumonia last year and wouldn't come in hospital, now I can see why

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 29 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 28 January 2015

Unfortunately, with unprecedented demand on our hospital beds over winter, some patients have been cared for on wards that do not specialise in the condition patients were admitted for. We wish to assure you that the decision to do this is always made on a case by case basis to ensure the safety and our patients and quality of care is not compromised. Our staff on Harvey 2 Ward are very familiar with looking after the needs of medical patients.

All clinical tests and examinations that were required for patients did go ahead as planned, however, we accept that from time to time there have been some delays, again, caused by the extreme demand on all of our services. Any patients that haven’t had a senior review by 12.30pm each day are referred to our senior team daily.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns about your father’s care and therefore invite you to contact our PALS team on 0800 183 0204, or by email, PALS@nuh.nhs.uk so that we can gain the relevant details from you to provide the answers you deserve to receive.

Fay Allen, Ward Sister on Harvey Two.

Pat Jackson gave Stroke services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Nottingham Stroke Unit Review

Could not fault any of my treatment. The staff in my opinion were superb. The young staff, trainees, should get a medal for what they do. They make a bad experience more than tolerable.
Keep it up and thanks!
Regards
Pat Jackson

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 03 January 2015

Thank you Pat for your lovely feedback about our stroke services, we will share your kind words with the team.

Garry Owen gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Short stay

Day visit to Cardiology short stay unit for investigation, staff were friendly and efficient and made stay comfortable. Everything was explained about procedure by nursing staff and doctors. Support staff care was excellent.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 09 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 17 December 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear you found our colleagues in cardiology to be friendly and efficient. We will share your kind words about the good quality of care you received with our cardiology short stay team.

derek mcquarrie gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

diagnosis & surgery

The care & attention given to me by the oncology team, the surgical team & the nurses on St Winifreds 2 was outstandingly good. From the time of my diagnoses right through to the operation everything was done in a professional, efficient & caring way & I am being given excellent support during my recovery.
Particular thanks to one person for her help throughout.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 17 December 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 29 December 2014

What great news that you are on the road to recovery. It’s good to hear you were seen by our experts so quickly after being referred by your optician. Thanks for sharing your experience, which may be helpful to reassure others who may be in a similar situation.

jennifer smith gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement

The consultant surgeon performed a left total hip replacement on me 3rd November and I was discharged 9th November after a very successful operation. Just over one week I am feeling the benefit of it already. The district nurse was very impressed by the condition and neatness of my wound. Exellent surgeon I well recommend him.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

A team

I'm sorry to have missed out the other wonderful staff ,when I had surgery on the 24 Nov, on Loxley ward ,
You can tell your getting older, when the Anaestetiist (looking so young )
But she was amazing ,explaining every thing to me
Also the the theater staff also just amazing, they made me feel safe
but sorry to say , the nursing staff was not what I expected ,from walking in at 7/35 in the morning, which I wish to forget, as I will not let them spoil the wonderful care I recieved from the doctor and the rest of a great team around her

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Thank you for writing to thank all the staff who looked after you during your time with us. It’s good to hear our colleagues on Loxley and in theatres helped you feel safe and well cared for. We will pass your kind words to the relevant teams.

Being cared for ,that I matted

I have been suffering for 4 years ,( with a thing hanging )
In April in 2014 I went to see my doctor ,
Told me it would settle it was a ?? It would settle it didn't
I then went back to see my other doc ,she told me it was something different ,
That again it would settle ( which it didn't ) plus very very painful and distressing
I asked in Sept that I needed to see this consultant ( she had already done surgrey on me 5 years ago )
She was amazing ,and I mean amazing ,
I saw her on the 5 Nov ,had surgry on the 24 Nov
And 4 years of hell ,dealing with all this
She sorted me out in 3 weeks ,Treated with such kindness !Respect
If I had paid £ !! I could not have been treated better or with such kindness

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 28 November 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re pleased to hear you have made a good recovery and felt you were treated with kindness and respect by your consultant.

Mara gave Maternity services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Emergency C-Section at Nottingham City Hospital

What I liked

I was thoroughly impressed with the standard of care my baby and I received at the Nottingham City Hospital Maternity Unit, and whilst on the Bonington Ward. I felt looked after and fully confident in the abilities of all the staff I came in to contact with. They were caring, they listened, and they were supportive. The midwives, anaesthetists, doctors and nurses that looked after me at the Maternity Unit before and during my emergency C-Section were absolutely outstanding. During what was a stressful time for us we felt supported and well cared for. We are proud to have such a fantastic team and service available at our local hospital.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 11 November 2014

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus has not yet replied.