Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Peter Dury gave Colorectal cancer services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Feedback Endoscopy

Please pass on my thanks to the doctor and their team. My colonoscopy and polyp removal was carried out with supreme skill and patience.

Today 07/04/17 I had a successful movement. No evidence of blood. No discomfort since the op.

I am very grateful for the combined effort and attention displayed.

Cheers Peter Dury

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 April 2017

Dear Peter. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I’ve shared your feedback with the team, who send their appreciation and best wishes for the future.

Jean Barker, Matron.

Elaine gave Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary (HPB) service at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy department

I had a full colonoscopy on Monday and was cared for very professionally. The doctors and staff impressed me with their knowledge, skill and attentive care. Thank you all , its very reassuring to be in your care when I'm most vulnerable.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 18 April 2017

Great news. It’s good to hear you felt well cared for and reassured by our staff. I’ve passed on your appreciation to the team.

Jean Barker.

Endoscopy Matron.

Julie Watson gave Cardiology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

I was brought to you via blue light ambulance with a blood clot blocking my arteries to my heart. Heart attack! I was met by your very competent and professional nurses and rushed to theater. The Consultant and colleagues preformed the emergency operation that saved my 52 year old life. Being a wife. Daughter. Mother. And grandma. My whole family are so grateful to you all. On ward I was very poorly but the nurses all looked after me to a extremely high standard. The after care and support from this cardio unit is second to none. I am so grateful. To you all. Amazing team of professionals.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

I am sorry to hear you have been so unwell, though encouraged that you found our staff to be professional and caring when you needed them most. Your comments have been shared with the cardio team, who send their thanks and best wishes for the future. We all hope you are better soon.

Caroline Sheppard, Matron.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

On D block, excellent care, need vast improveme on cleanines

I have been visiting my husband for past few days on D block. Excellent care, excellentstaff.
unfortunately I have found the hospital very dirty. I feel cleaning is not up to standard. Even my husband made comment, stating going to toilet is like going to public toilet because its dirty and smelly.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for contacting us with your feedback. I’m pleased to hear that your husband has had good care but I’m concerned to hear about your concerns about cleanliness. Sorry to hear you and your husband have experienced and observed poor standards. Might I ask if you have raised your concerns with the ward manager so that this can be addressed? It would be helpful if you could let me know which ward your husband is on so I can make contact with the relevant ward manager and matron directly. My contact details are: 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or email QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Sarah Kennedy.

Patient Experience Officer.

Anonymous gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Very caring and dedicated staff

I felt I needed to express my gratitude for the excellent care my husband received at the Urology Centre and then on Harvey 2 recently. My husband had a TURPS operation last week and then had a follow up admission for TWOC. The treatment he received was excellent from all the staff involved they treated him with great dignity respect and care.
I just had to express our gratitude THANK YOU

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 24 April 2017

Thanks so much for taking time to post your feedback. Your comments will mean a lot to our staff.

Sending our best wishes to you and your husband,

Fay Allen.

Harvey 2 Ward Manager.

Barry gave Haematology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service - Very Reassuring

I began my connection with the Haemotology unit based at City Hospital in Jan 2015. My care has been nothing short of consistently excellent during my treatment and importantly during the follow up / monitoring phase. It is really very reassuring to have such an excellent unit with excellent medical staff. It's one of those rare places where you just feel you are really in great care by people who do care. The staff surrounding this facility must make it work very efficiently and in my case, particular special praise goes to both consultants I see at regular intervals. Both clearly have expertise but also have great compassion for the patient. This results in me feeling very reassured about an uncertain condition which could be very worrying otherwise in the interim period. Many thanks to the whole team.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch to share details of your experience in our care. I have shared your messages with my consultant colleagues and the wider team, who each send their thanks and best wishes.

Warmest regards,

Julian Skoyles, Divisional Director, Cancer and Associated Specialities.

dignityforall reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Cancer treatment improvement suggestions

I received excellent surgery, and care during Chemotherapy.
I had recovery time then started Radiotherapy, it was chaos, with appointments at any time of the day between 8am and 7pm. Working was impossible as I felt so low after feeling treated like a piece of meat in the radiotherapy suite. The difference being, I find that staff have a culture which is dominated by the machines not the patient. They do not give eye contact, they do not even speak in some cases. In 3 weeks only three radiographers gave me their name, even though my details have to be given each time! I thought having 3 radiographers in a room where I am naked (I'm female) with my breasts exposed was excessive and humiliating.
I didn't meet my consultant until the day after the end of my treatment, to be told I have no more treatment (even though nine other dates and times were scheduled) This has robbed me of the chance to put the whole thing to bed with a satisfied smile.........if only to ring that bell which is put there so patients can feel a sense of achievement, well whatever they feel, I feel robbed of that occasion, only frustrated that the whole thing could have been orchestrated better by these measures below;
1. each radiographer to give their name regardless of how many times they have seen the patient. (As a patient the information doesn't always go in)
2. No more than 2 radiographers in the room (unless a student with consent)
3. To touch a patients belongings with respect (my necklace was lifted on my neck several times like it was dog poo)
4. To give upfront information about waiting time
5. Appointments to be at least co-ordinated am and pm eg; 9-12pm and 12-7pm
6. To collect patient feedback on a daily basis for the Trust such as tick box did all the above happen so that it can be properly monitored.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent experience and helpful suggestions for how we may improve this service. I’m sorry you have had cause to get in touch after such a poor experience in our care. How our actions and behaviours made you feel is of great concern and something we should each reflect on to ensure our future patients don’t have such an experience. The Head of Radiotherapy Services is currently out of the Trust but I will personally share your feedback when he returns, and consider how we can learn from this experience.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail then please do get in touch. You can reach the Head of Radiotherapy Services after Wednesday 5 April on 0115 969 1169 ext. 76214 or russell.hart@nuh.nhs.uk. We would also like to keep you updated on what we are doing in response to each of your suggested areas of improvement.

Lesley Reilly.

Divisional Nurse, Cancer and Associated Specialties.

Denny gave General Surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Gall Bladder removal

I was transferred onto a colleague of my original consultant who had had an accident, a doctor undertook my operation and although being very busy with their own 'list' completed my procedure. The pre-surgery staff were very pleasant and capable, when back in the Ward the nursing staff both night and day were positively wonderful on Winifred 2.
Thank you so much for all your help and assistance.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017

It is good of you to get in touch. Thank you. I’ve shared your comments with the team on Winifred 2. It would be lovely to be able to share this directly with the consultant and surgical staff who cared for you but I’d need to know a few more details to be able to do so. If you’d like to provide more details of your care you can contact the Patient Experience Team on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or email QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope you’re recovering well from your surgery.

Kate Belfield,
Ward Manager, Winifred 2.

Pokeyholepete gave Plastic surgery at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellency

My wife was on Gillies Ward for a couple of days after her operation. Everyone was so nice and caring and always went that extra mile for her. She is still visiting for dressing changes etc and we now look forward to the 60 mile round trip. Well done Gillies Ward.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 13 March 2017

Thank you so much. I have shared your kind comments with the Gillies Ward team.

Sending best wishes to you and your wife,

Jo Gough.
Ward Manager, Gillies Ward.

SJP Notts reviewed Surgery - Breast at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

Treatment for Breast Cancer

I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer late December 2016. I had a mastectomy on 23/1 at City and have just started chemotherapy (6 rounds). The 1st round was on 6/3.

I just want to say how very impressed I am with the treatment I've received so far. Everything has been very efficient from the paperwork sent relating to my diagnosis, my pathology report and appointment times. I feel also that I have been treated very well and with respect and compassion during which has been a difficult time.

My breast care nurse has been very supportive and has always been on hand (where possible) to answer any queries I have and has always reassured me. I was also impressed with my surgeon and also the nurses after my operation (sorry, I don't know everyone's names). The chemotherapy nurses have impressed me so far as well. I was put at ease at my first treatment on the 6th as I was very anxious and upset. I actually managed a few smiles and jokes!

I can't say how much the efficiency of the City and everything so far has helped me deal with the diagnosis.

I think the NHS received a lot of unfair Criticism so I wanted to make sure I say thank you.

Keep up the good work!
Sarah Prior

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 14 March 2017

Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for taking the time, midst I am sure the many other demands on your time, to share such a detailed account of your experience in our care. I’m pleased to read you’re so pleased with your care, especially as this must have been a difficult and frightening time for you and your family. I’ve shared your kind words with our staff.

Thank again for taking time to get in touch.

Maria Duffin-Mills.