Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

0115 969 1169 Nottingham City Hospital, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Angela Hanby gave Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

New Knee

I have just had a knee replacement at Nottingham City Hospital.
From the consultant to the cleaners I could not have received better care!!
The Theatre Admissions unit were very welcoming. The nurses always about I case you needed them
The Aneasthatist and their Nurse specialist along with the theatre assistant were very professional, caring and allayed any fears
I was admitted to Harvey 1 ward post op.
I had a few problems in the first night post op,but always felt safe and cared for by the ward staff. So that by next morning I was much better
I spent 4 nights on Harvey1 I could not have paid for such good care. Everyone was kind and considerate,they made sure to tell you their name and always used yours
Whilst the food was not home cooking...how could it be...it was varied tasty nutritious and well presented
The staff nurses on Harvey 1 who cared for me were wonderful and the care assistants lovely.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 08 August 2017

Good morning Angela. We are grateful for your feedback. Thank you. I’m pleased to hear that you felt so well cared for and looked during your stay and post-operatively. I have shared your comments with the ward and theatre teams and wider support teams, including our brilliant cleaning and catering staff.

I hope you’re continuing to recover well at home.

With best wishes,

Julia Holmes.

Ward Sister.

S Prior gave Oncology - Clinical at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment received for breast cancer

I have now come to the end of active treatment for breast cancer and I can't thank City Hospital enough for the excellent care received.

I was diagnosed in January 2017 and had a masectomy, chemotherapy and radiotherapy. I am forever grateful to everyone involved with my care - my Breast Care Nurse, Surgeon, Consultants and Nurses (especially in the chemotherapy unit) and the radiographers. They have all made a tramatic experience much bearable and I have been treated with compassion and respect all the way through.

Thank you!
Sarah Prior

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 14 August 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback Sarah regarding the compassionate care and respect you received from all staff who looked after you during your treatment. I’ve shared your kind words with the breast service, who are incredible grateful that you have taken the time to get in touch.

Maria Duffin-Mills
Matron, Breast Services

Nick prokopiuk gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Harvey 2 city hospital nottingham

The staff there are very caring and help you as much as possible if you want it quite you can have it.they will have a laugh with you while still caring after you nothing is too much trouble for them they need a medal for putting up with us moaning men
Only time they get mad at you , you don't tell them every thing but that's a man thing because we know best lol thanks again to all the nurses, cleaning staff ,and doctors ,surgeons Thank a again ❤️

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 15 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to feedback Nick. I’ve shared your message with the team, who send their thanks and best wishes.
Warm regards,
Maria Duffin-Mills, Matron.

Annie Lucas gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Breast Institute, City Hospital, Notts

2 weeks ago I went my GP with concerns about my lumpy breast. Within 8 days I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy at the Breast Institute. Within 3 days I had the results. The next day I had a CT scan to see if my breast cancer had spread. Today (3 days later) I have been told it hasn't spread and have been booked in for surgery in 2 weeks time. The whole process will have taken just over a month.

Everyone I have come across at the Institute has been kind and professional and the whole process has been very quick which has minimised worry time. I am so re-assured by the treatment I have had so far that I am entirely confident I am in the right hands. Thank you so much everyone at the Breast Institute for making a difficult time as good as it possibly could be. All other NHS hospitals should follow your example.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 16 August 2017

Thanks for getting in touch. I’ve shared your comment with the team at the Breast Institute. We are all glad to hear you received such excellent care.
Best wishes,
Maria Duffin-Mills, Matron, Breast Institute.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff!

We could not Thank enough the staff in Maternity services for everything they have done for us and help us to safely have our baby girl delivered. Thank you Antenatal Ward, Bonington Ward, Labour Suite, Lawrence Ward. You've been amazing! From the moment I had my first scan to the day of discharge I have been treated with kindness, care, professionalism by the most amazing staff. Thank you so much!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Very many congratulations to you both on the birth of your daughter. Thank you for your kind feedback. I’ve shared your comments with my colleagues.
Yvonne Reddish
Matron, Maternity (City Hospital)

Elaine gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy department, amazing team

I want to thank everyone for taking such great care of me on my 2nd visit for a colonoscopy on 24th July 2017. I am most impressed by the doctors who have such skill, gobsmacked in fact, (perhaps someone could translate). The pre-procedure nurses, especially one in particular, were warm and professional. The after care team looked after my needs so well I almost enjoyed the trip. I'm recovering well.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. It’s great to hear of your recent experience at our hospital. I’ve shared your message with the team.

Jean Barker, Matron.

HAM reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus

The nurse was a very calming influence

My husband was recently admitted into critical care for four days following extensive gastric surgery. The care he received was amazing, the staff were attentive to his needs, they explained everything to both of us and nothing was too much trouble. Nurse Emma looked after him for two days and never seemed to stop checking everything and was a very calming influence when alarms were sounding.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments about our staff (and Emma in particular). It sounds like she made a real difference to you and your husband during his stay. I’ve shared your comments with Emma and our critical care team.

I hope your husband is feeling better following his surgery.

Rebecca Selwyn.

Critical Care Matron.

Mr M D'Ray gave Urology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Nottingham Urology Centre.. Utterly Fantastic!

I'm sure this review would reflect the professionalism and care all the department's and staff provide across the NHS my personal experience with everyone from Urology in recent months has been fantastic. I would love to thank each and every person who has helped me get my life back to normal.. so many people but each clearly has a passion that should be appreciated.. plus a special mention to the burns unit too I'm sure a semi mardy patient after kidney stone surgery was all you needed when so busy but you just took it in your stride.. again some of the nicest people ever.. all of you.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 28 July 2017

Thank you so much for getting in touch to share your experience. I’ve shared your comments with our urology team and burns unit staff. We all are glad your life is now getting back to normal and we wish you the very best in your recovery.

Maria Duffin-Mills
Matron, Urology, Breast and Plastic Surgery

sitting duck gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 4 stars

Letters

I have had no problems at all when dealing with the hospital.. The admin, staff on the ground all good.

However there is an area which I think could be improved upon.

That is when any Doctor of whatever rank writes a letter about a patient to their GP or other type of Doctor then on every occasion the patient should receive a copy of that letter.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch and sharing what we do well, and where we can improve. Patients should automatically receive a copy of any letters that are sent to their GPs. This is good practice. Please do call me to discuss which area in which you received treatment so that we can address this for future patients. You can contact me on: 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 alternatively you can email: QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk

Warm regards,

Ashley Rolfe, Patient Experience Officer.

Richard Machin gave Haematology at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus a rating of 5 stars

Extremely pleased with Dr and Nurse in Haematology Departmen

I visited the Haematology Department on Friday 7th July 2017 for a Bone Marrow Biopsy. I can honestly say the Doctor and Nurse who treated me were extremely kind and sensitive to my needs. The whole process was very professional with no pain for me and went very well. Thank you so much to all concerned.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - City Campus replied on 10 July 2017

Thanks for dropping us a line Richard. It’s good of you to do so. I’ve shared your feedback with staff in our Haematology Department.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Robin Binks