Glenfield Hospital

0300 303 1573 Groby Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 9QP

daniel mcglennon gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

best hospital experience

Everyone at the hospital was brilliant from the doctor and their team right to the cleaners and lovely ward staff.felt better and looked after from the moment i walked into the hospital. Thankyou

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 16 May 2017

Dear Daniel, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cardiology. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience from start to finish! Your comments will be circulated to the teams involved in your care. Best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Alana gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great

Went for an MRI following a stay in the hospital with myocarditis. I was seen almost straight away and was out in just over an hour (the scan itself being around 50 minutes). The staff were very polite and I can't pick any faults with my visit.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 18 May 2017

Dear Alana,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear that you were happy with the service provided in our Imaging Department at Glenfield Hospital and that you were seen to quickly. We will pass your positive comments onto all team members involved.

Leicester's Hospitals

Sharon Swift gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 24 Excellent care from start to finish. Thank you.

Wonderful caring staff. Service above and beyond expectation. Every detail of care fully addressed. Thank you

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 23 May 2017

Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear that you were pleased with the level of care received at Glenfield Hospital following your visit. It's great to hear that our staff cared for you well and that the service went beyond your expectations. We will pass your great feedback onto the team involved!

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional CCU Team of Ward 18

Mum spent 12 nights in Ward 18 the Cardiac Care Unit following a major heart attack. Unfortunately she had delayed ringing for an ambulance, thinking she had bad indigestion. When she did, the ambulance arrived within ten minutes with two paramedics who promptly took her to the new A&E where she was diagnosed before being transferred to CCU. Unfortunately she had suffered irreparable heart damage which then led to total heart failure. In spite of the serious nature of her condition she pulled through with the professional care and consideration of the team. Without exception all the staff irrespective of service on Ward 18 were fantastic. Our thanks to all who looked after Mum in such a caring way. Mum has now gone to Rehab and we are hoping to have her home in a week or two. Whilst not as active as she was, she will still have a quality of life to enjoy her family. Everyday is a bonus.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 24 May 2017

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are sorry to hear about your mum's need to be brought to hospital. We are, however, happy to hear about the level of care provided to her. We will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated. We hope you are all doing well.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Reassuring

I recently visited the breast clinic at Glenfield hospital after being referred by my doctor. understandably, I was very nervous and worried about it.
The staff were fantastic and I couldn't praise them enough. I think they saw how nervous I was and did a great job to put me at ease. I really liked my consultant and after what they originally thought the problem was didn't show up on the scan, they didn't just dismiss and send me home without an actual answer, they did further tests to make sure. This really reassured me as I'd read other people's experiences that had similar issues to mine, had been sent home without an actual answer. I wouldn't have been able to sleep if that had happened to me.
The first visit was a lot faster than I thought it would be too, which was great. I thought I would be stuck in a waiting room for the majority of the time there, but within 10 mins I was seen for my original assessment with the consultant and it was no longer than that in between each test/appointment. I got out quicker than I thought and didn't feel exhausted from just sitting and waiting all day. In and out in a couple of hours.
Thank you to all the staff there, you do a fantastic job and I want you to know how appreciated it is.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 06 June 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for leaving a review for Breast Care at Glenfield Hospital. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience and that you found our staff friendly, caring and supportive. They do appreciate that patients are nervous but we are glad that your specific case was handled well, and additional tests were undertaken in order to give you peace of mind. We are also pleased to hear that you did not face any delays with your appointments/tests.

Your comments are very much appreciated and will be circulated to the teams involved in your care. Best wishes, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

chris gave Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

lack of physio

whilst receiving treatment for c o p during two stays in wards16 &17, during this May treatment from nursing staff was fantastic, they could not be more caring or helpfull no matter how trivial the matter. Regrettably this cannot be said for the team leader of the physiotherapy section who made no attempt to re hab muscle wastage during this two weeks the result being that i lost 4 kgs in weight, could not walk without help, and now at home need constant intensive community support in order to re establish mobility.

That person is a disgrace and should not be in a position of authority. They seemed more intent on bed un blocking than patient care, and had no plan for re-hab.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 08 June 2017

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear that you were happy with the level of care received from the nursing staff on Wards 16 and 17, however we're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the care provided from one of our physiotherapists. In order for us to look into your concerns in more detail, please email Jodie Billings, Therapy Speciality Lead: jodie.billings@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth and hospital number and she can investigate this in further detail.

Leicester's Hospitals

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Granddaughter doing well

My granddaughter had open heart surgery to correct coarctation of the aorta and hyper-plastic arch which had hour glassed. She was 2 and a half when she had her operation, she now will be 5 at the end of next month. She came through the experience so well she was allowed home after just 4 days, the staff were amazing and the aftercare has been second to none. She now enjoys doing Karate, in which she has earned her yellow belt, and playing with her friends.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Glenfield Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kind, caring and professional

Have recently been a patient at both The Breast Care Centre and Ward 24. From diagnosis through to operation and then follow-up afterwards the kindness of all staff and their professional attitude has been truly remarkable. Leicstershire people are truly privileged to have such an outstanding facility available. I know that I now need further treatment to regain my health but if the oncology and radiotherapy staff are as kind and caring as at the Breast Care Centre then this will be made a little less traumatic.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 16 May 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're delighted to hear that you were happy with the care provided from our Breast Care Centre from your diagnosis to your operation. We will pass your positive comments on to the team who will be delighted to hear.

We wish you a speedy recovery and all the best for the future.

Leicester's Hospitals

Lorraine Holland gave General Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Restorative Dentistry

My first visit to this clinic today. Was so impressed, what a warm, friendly and helpful this department is.
Staff and Dentist involved me in my treatment and listened to my concerns.
Very very happy

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 03 May 2017

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, we are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience at this department. We have shared with the team so they are aware for your feedback and wish you all the best for the future.

Robert Stocks gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ablation

I have hearing problems which makes communication difficult.

Glenfield be proud of your staff

Pre- Admission:Dignity and respect shown at all times ,very skilfull at taking blood samples and running though procedures.

Consultant :Professional with great communication skills ,everything explained
about the procedure and took time in answering any fears and questions.

Nursing staff : Worked hard in making you as comfortable both before ,during and after the operation ,never stopping on twelve hour shifts but still able to smile and give their all.The health aid staff on the move all the time but nothing was to much trouble with big welcoming smiles .

Cleaning staff : Constantly on the go .

Food : First class just lacking the double brandy.

The swabbing and pre name checks before any procedures gives you confidence against mrsa and any mix ups.

Big thank you to you all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 03 May 2017

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We really appreciate the attention to detail, and I'm sure the staff groups you've individually mentioned will be very proud to receive such a glowing report.

We are also pleased to hear when a patient has clearly been treated with the values we honour as a Trust. If you would like to take the time to say a special thank you to the team, or an individual who stood out to you, you can nomimate them for a Caring at its Best award here via our website http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/public-nomination-form/

Wishing you all the best,