Glenfield Hospital

0300 303 1573 Groby Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 9QP

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology department

I went to this hospital as an in patient before and found it to be excellent.
In August I was rushed via ambulance and went to the decision unit, again I thought it was excellent . This hospital will always be my first choice. It's clean, friendly and caring and thorough

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 21 August 2017

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time send in your feedback on your recent visit to the Cardiology Department at Glenfield Hospital. We are sorry to hear that you had to be rushed in but are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your experience. Your kind comments will be passed onto the Cardiology team and we wish you a quick recovery.

Mitch gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Angels in disguise, outstanding team and amazing care

Was admitted to ward 33 from LRI on the 13th of July after I collapsed at home due to having a bicuspid aortic valve which had caused severe aortic regurgitation and mild aortic stenosis.
I spent 4 weeks on ward 33 having tests which confirmed that I needed open heart surgery for aortic valve replacement.
All the staff on ward 33 were extremely friendly, caring and knowledgeable, who also put me at ease during my stay.

Post surgery all the staff nurses in ICU were outstanding, my wife was amazed by the dedication and care I received and was immediately put at ease knowing and seeing how the nurses in ICU work, in fact she called them angels in disguise, which I 100% agree with.

Ward 31 post op all staff again were caring and incredible at motivating me to getting back on my feet which helped tremendously with a speedy recovery and I was back home within 5 days.

Excellent team, amazing care, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 August 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 21 August 2017

Dear Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear that you were well looked after during your stay on Ward 33. We will be passing your lovely comments on to everyone in the team who will delighted to hear your feedback.

We wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are resting at home!

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

X-Ray disgusting

Spent over an hour calling X-Ray at the Glenfeild. Even at 11am answer machine stated that no one was there and that I should call back after 08:30am... People get a grip.. and then when I did get through I was told that the person could not help me as they were going to get their lunch... I really hope that they enjoyed it.. Not

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust replied on 27 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
We're really sorry to hear that you had difficulty getting through to our Xray department at Glenfield Hospital. We appreciate this situation could have been handled in a better way and we will be passing your feedback on to the team. If you're still having difficulty arranging an appointment, please email your name, address, date of birth and hospital number if known to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk and we can contact the team and try and resolve this for you.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellant care

My husband andy was admitted on 19th of july to ward 15.this is the 4th time in 4 years with copd.the care he is given is excellent.nothing is too much trouble for the staff .
they put him at ease.they keep you cheerful,make you smile and talk to you.they were brilliant to me and answered all my questions as usual

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Communications Officer, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust replied on 27 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback.
We're really pleased to hear that your husband was well looked after by all of our staff on Ward 15 following his stay at Glenfield Hospital. We will be passing your positive comments on to the team involved.
We wish your husband a speedy recovery.

Upset1 gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Inappropriate staff comments in MRI over my pain

I have been a patient at The Glenfield now for over a year and before saying anything negative I would like to say that both Consultants and clinics I am and was under are extremely caring, professional and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. However, this was only my second visit for a radiology procedure (interestingly both held on weekend days) and sadly both were unpleasant. The first one which was an ECHO was rushed and painfull which I have since had repeated in clinic and was almost pain free. As a nurse myself I rarely say anything. We all make mistakes and I don't generally dwell on it. But attending for a heart MRI yesterday I explained I was already in pain and my medical condition they clearly did not understand, or empathise with. Three painful cannulation attempts later I was not even offered to be made comfortable and when I asked anxiously how long it would take once strapped down, the member of staff said 45-50 minutes and when I expressed how much pain I was in already lying down like that (I have prolapsed spinal discs as well as Ehlers Danlos syndrome) their reaction was to laugh at me and continue smiling when I said "actually I don't think it's funny to laugh at someone in this situation" and they offered a poor excuse "don't take it the wrong way" and put their hand on my shoulder which made me so uncomfortable I felt afraid then fo ask even for a blanket and my feet were freezing. I was so relieved when it was finished but so pained and stiff from being so tense by the whole experience that I am still suffering from it today. I hope me review this will prevent another anxious patient being laughed at or worse, when they feel vulernable.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 04 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

Firstly we're really pleased to hear that the consultants you have been seen by at Glenfield Hospital have always been caring and professional, however we're really disappointed to hear that on your second visit you had such a negative experience. The way you were treated by our staff in the Radiology Department is not acceptable and we will be taking this issue further by passing your comments on to management. It's very upsetting to hear how you were treated and that you have been left in further pain by the whole experience. We would like to investigate this further, so if you are happy to do so, please can you email: communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your name, address, date of birth and hospital number and we can look into this for you.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback - this is really important to us and helps us improve future experiences for our patients.

Diane gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Cryo ablation procedure

I was admitted on Saturday 1st July for pulmonary vein isolation. (My 3rd ablation procedure ). Having been a patient at Glenfield before I didn't give a very good review previously,but my experience was a lot different to this time . I would like to thank the Dr who did my procedure who was very professional and caring and the theatre staff were all lovely. They made me feel less anxious and kept me comfortable throughout the whole procedure . When I was transferred initially to ward 33 and then onto ward 32 all the staff were very professional ,caring and reassuring. In fact the only down side to my stay was the food !! It wasn't inedible but could be improved. 😃 So I'd like to say a big thank you to all of you .

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 05 July 2017

Dear Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear that you found our staff caring and they made you feel more relaxed ahead of your procedure. We're also pleased to hear that staff on the Wards following your operation looked after you well. We're sorry to hear though that you didn't rate the food highly and would welcome any comments you have to help us improve this for future patients. If you're happy to do so, please email your name, address and date of birth to: communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk and we can pass this on to our Estates & Facilities Team.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback - your comments are really important to us.

We wish you a speedy recovery!

Duncan gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best care ever.

On June 21st 2014 I needed your help, I had been suffering a heart attack for over 12 hours but ignored all the signs, the pain was unbearable but I thought i was 'Superman' I wasn't. My lovely wife Julia ignored my stubbornness and dialed 999, the real Supermen. My paramedic arrived and immediately took care of me, he called for an ambulance and argued my case to go direct to Glenfield rather than the Royal Infirmary. Within minutes I was at Glenfield were a team of Super Hero's all worked together, no fuss,no shouting,no ego's just pure professionals. I underwent a procedure and had 2 stents inserted, the operating staff made me feel at ease and we even completed a crossword whilst having my stents inserted. I was taken to the ward, my apologies for not remembering the number. My nurses were attentive and caring, nothing was to much trouble, I'm sure they had already worked to many hours but didn't show it, they showed the utmost care and respect for me and all the others on my ward.
I was released on Monday and off for 12 weeks. My after care at the Glenfield has been exceptional every member of staff from receptionist, cleaner,porter,nurses to the cardiologist department has been comforting.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 10 July 2017

Dear Duncan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're delighted to hear that you were well looked after by all of our staff members following your stay at Glenfield Hospital. We will be passing your great comments on to everyone involved in your care, who we are sure will be delighted to receive such positive feedback!

We wish you a speedy recovery and hope you take care of yourself.

andrew evans gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

nurses angels more like

hi, i was admitted to cardiology ward 33 bay c on 4/7/17 ready to have a stent fitted to my heart . all the nurses days and nights just blew me away with total dedication and commitment they all show towards all patient,s , in particular myself and the 3 others in our bay at the time of my stay words fail me to describe these super people .so many cared for us.
i find it quite reassuring that in these times of cut backs nurse shortages and our so called governments dictating what money goes where ect , that these nurses keep up the constant smiles and commitment to making people like me feel so wanted and cared for im in ore of them .I was discharged on sunday 9 july thruth be known it realy felt like you was sad to leave them because of the bond we had made with them . I realy hope an award or something will be given to this ward and its staff amazing doesn,t do them justice , also i would like to say the fantastic job that the team in the catheter labs done in fitting my stent and making me feel so relaxed during the procedure credit to there trade well done guys .i hope these individuals get to read or told of this email and my comments they deserve to credit were credit is due ect . in a nut shell the whole of the hospital and its staff is a massive credit to the nhs and leicester .

regards andrew john evans

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 13 July 2017

Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. We are really pleased that you have been discharged and are doing well after your operation. We have shared your heartfelt thanks and feedback with the ward 33 team and service managers, they will be touched to hear how much they made, what can be a very daunting experience, so easy for you.

You can actually nominate an individual or the team for an award, via our Caring at its Best awards on our website http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/public-nomination-form/

Best wishes

Laura Mort

Anonymous gave Intensive Care at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care in ICU

My father was in ICU on the 6/7 July... The care and dedicated attention given to him, especially by one member of staff in ICU was amazing.

Also the consultant and their team are incredible people...nothing was too much trouble over a period of two years, involving consultations and the operation itself...huge thank you to the anesthisist for being so dedicated to.

Will always remember you for being genuine people with care at your core being.

So many thanks

Mary

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 13 July 2017

Dear Mary,

Thank you for sharing your father's recent experience with us, and how that affected you too. We are delighted to read that you were impressed with the staff on our ICU, they really are a dedicated team, as are all of our staff working tirelessly across our hospitals for our patients.

We have shared your comments with the ICU team, who will be touched by your words,

Best wishes to you and your father,

Laura Mort

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very pleasant experience :))

I went in for a CT Angiogramm a few weeks ago and had a very pleasant experience there. I was very hesitant to have this done as I have suffered a major panic attack in an MRI abroad before. I informed the Radiology staff in Glenfield that this had happened before and to be honest I cried as lay read to be rolled into the CT.. The staff were every so reassuring and seem to understand my anxiety. It's amazing how much of a calming effect they had on me.. This time I had a wonderful experience and left with a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much to the staff at Radiology :))) Your doing a great job.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 18 July 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted to hear about the level of care provided to you at Glenfield, particularly the team taking on board your previous experience. We will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated.