Glenfield Hospital

0300 303 1573 Groby Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 9QP

Leehub gave Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Thank you to the consultant for their great work treating a cronic lung condition (COPD)
Also for their persistence with cronic constipation.
Many thanks also to all the team on ward 15 for their professionalism throughout my mothers stay with them.
Highly recommend department.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 07 April 2017

Dear LeeHub,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that your recent care and stay on ward 15 was of the high standard we are proud to deliver!

We have passed your thanks onto the ward managers and consultants.

Best wishes

Leicester's Hospitals

Lorraine Holland gave General Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Restorative Dentistry

My first visit to this clinic today. Was so impressed, what a warm, friendly and helpful this department is.
Staff and Dentist involved me in my treatment and listened to my concerns.
Very very happy

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Robert Stocks gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ablation

I have hearing problems which makes communication difficult.

Glenfield be proud of your staff

Pre- Admission:Dignity and respect shown at all times ,very skilfull at taking blood samples and running though procedures.

Consultant :Professional with great communication skills ,everything explained
about the procedure and took time in answering any fears and questions.

Nursing staff : Worked hard in making you as comfortable both before ,during and after the operation ,never stopping on twelve hour shifts but still able to smile and give their all.The health aid staff on the move all the time but nothing was to much trouble with big welcoming smiles .

Cleaning staff : Constantly on the go .

Food : First class just lacking the double brandy.

The swabbing and pre name checks before any procedures gives you confidence against mrsa and any mix ups.

Big thank you to you all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Glenfield Hospital has not yet replied.

Satisfied customer gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT Colon scan with contrast

I didn't have to wait long past my appointment time. Everything was explained to me and the staff were very pleasant. The information booklet says to take a list of medication and medical conditions, which I did. I gave this to the radiographer but I don't think they had looked at it as, when my heart started racing, they were not aware that I had had an episode of this with subsequent investigations and am on medication. However, the assistant did then keep checking that I was feeling alright. The anticipation and preparation were worse than the actual scan which was not particularly unpleasant. Knowing what to expect from the Buscopan injection and contrast dye was definitely good, otherwise it could have been a bit scary.
One thing to note. The follow-up up information says the results will be sent to the GP within 10-15 days. In fact, when I checked this, if your appointment was a two week quick referral, the results should be sent to the GP within two weeks of the original referral which, depending on how long the wait for the appointment was, may be earlier than the 10-15 days.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

CN gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Valve Repair

I was treated well by the hospital and was informed at each stage what was happening. The surgeons prepared me for the surgery and the nurses often went above and beyond their duties.

I was given a very quick surgery slot due to there being availability with surgeons and everything went very smoothly if not quite sudden!

I couldnt recommend the hospital and staff highly enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 31 March 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted to hear that your experience went so well. We hope you are recovering well and will pass on your feedback to the team involved where it will be much appreciated.

Rachel Parrott gave Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had to attend the Glenfield Hopsital on Monday 27th March 2107 for a MRI Breast Biopsy. A nurse came over from the Breast Care Centre to be with me during my visit. They helped me through, which was for me quite a traumatic experience, but they gave me something positive from the visit. I felt that they were there just to look after me and they talked to me and even brought me across a special "pink breast care" dressing - which did not give me an allergic reaction and was really easy to remove the next day. The nurse then walked myself and my husband over to the Breast Care Centre to have a mammogram and popped in whilst I was having the mammogram to make sure I was feeling better and even showed me the scan so I could see the clip that had been put in. They then stayed with me until myself and my husband were ready to leave.
You were an inspiration to me and thank you for telling me about your own experience with Breast Cancer it really gave me hope to see someone who had come out the other side and was living life to the full.
"Thank You" does not express enough what you did for me on Monday and anyone who is looked after by you is very lucky.
Rachel

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 06 April 2017

Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments following what must have been a difficult time. We are glad to hear that the level of care provided to you was so good. We will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated. Have you considered nominating the team for an award? http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/

Leicester’s Hospitals

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

the nurse on ward 24 treate me bad i was abuse and taken out

i was treated badly by the nurses on ward 24 i was left sleeping in a chair and after my operation i was in the recovery room the surgery nurse or doctor was seeing to me when the nurse with a student nurse stood at the door and shouted in a loud voice with a attitude she can go home she is health there walk over to me as i was laying i was still feeling drossy and said to me turn over and let see your operation i was shock the surgery nurse or doctor then the nurse instinct on taken me back to the ward to be discharge the only people that was nice to me a made me feeling better was the guys that took me down to surgery and all the doctors and everyone in the recovery operation theatre when i got home i was so upset i suffer a panic attack and past out when i came round from my black out my partner wanted to phone the ambulance i won't let him cause hospitals has put me on a frighting and paramour i know the nurses are over work and under staff why take it out on helpless patience. Thank you very much doctors and everyone that help me out in the recovery room

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 09 March 2017

Dear reviewer,

We’re really sorry to hear about the concerns you have raised about your post-operative care. We have contacted the matron for ward 24, who has informed us that your concerns have already been addressed through our formal complaint procedure. Further to your initial discussions, you will receive further information (and a letter) soon.

Wishing you the best of health,

Laura

vanessa owens gave Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cdu unit pe clinic

I attended the cdu this morning with a letter from my gp with concerns about a possible DVT. The staff were attentive, respectful and caring. The service was quick and efficient. The specialist nurse was brilliant. Thank you for your care and attention. I am new to the area so didn't know what to expect from the hospital. I work for a different nhs trust so know it's important to receive feedback. Thank you again, Vanessa Owens

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Communications Officer, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust replied on 21 March 2017

Dear Vanessa,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
We're delighted to hear that you were happy with the level of care received in CDU at Glenfield Hospital and that our staff were respectful and caring. We will pass your lovely comments onto everyone involved.
We hope you are recovering well.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nuclear Medicine Depatment

I recently attended for a Myocardial Perfusion Stress Test. Whilst I was very nervous and scared of 'what they may find' I have to say the experience was handles superbly well. The staff are outstandingly thorough, patient and caring. The give simple, detailed explanations of the entire process in plain English without being at all patronising.

Even better they do it with a smile and treat you as a human being. Even though they are exceptionally busy, they take time to ensure you are at ease. A hearty thanks to everyone, this department demonstrates all the best things about the NHS at a time when only the problems get publicised.

John W

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 13 February 2017

Dear John, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Imaging at Glenfield Hospital. We are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. Communication was handled well, everything was clearly explained and appreciating that this is a very busy department, delighted to hear that they took time to make you feel at ease.

Your comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care - and they will be very much appreciated. Best wishes with your recuperation, Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Sore1 gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Painful ECHO

I cannot fault The Glenfield Hospital at all for my cardiac care and the Imaging Dept on a Saturday was very well run and pleasantly quiet. However, the letter states that the test I was having was a 'painless scan of the heart' and it actually was not painless at all. Admittedly I had just been in hospital locally to me with severe abdominal pain and I also suffer from Ehlers Danlos syndrome and am always in some pain, but the member of staff undertaking my test couldn't understand I was finding it very painful and did not initially stop when I asked them too. The member of staff pressed so hard where I had missing rib from a graft taken years ago that I felt physically sick. I honestly would not like to undergo that procedure again and I have had twenty years of non stop surgery, medication, investigations etc. I would rather have anything else!, and then when I asked could the member of staff tell me anything about whether my aorta had dilated further they simply said to me "I can't say but it is very large" which actually is worrying me more than a proper fact. I am just glad I am going to clinic early next week.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 16 February 2017

Dear reviewer, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital. Whilst we are pleased to hear that your appointment at the Imaging Department went well, we would like to apologise that you found your treatment painful and that a member of staff gave you further reason to worry, prior to your next clinic appointment.

We will advise the management team of your comments and they will be circulated to the appropriate teams. Once again we apologise for any distress. Best wishes, Communications Teams, Leicester's Hospitals.