Petersfield Hospital

Telephone: 01730 263221
Address: Swan Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB
Website: http://www.southernhealth.nhs.uk/services/community-health-services/hospitals/petersfield/

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Repercussions of falling through a shed roof!

My husband had been clearing our shed roof of leaves and general gunk after the storms - a job he has done on several occasions, but on this one he was less careful where he put his weight and the consequence of this is a man-sized hole in the roof shed and the need of attention at Petersfield Hospital.

As it is 29th December, that awkward time between Christmas and New Year we phoned ahead to check that they would be open. They were. My husband had cut his head in three places and gashed his shin. As we walked into the Minor Injuries Unit we were met with no queue, a huge smile from the nurse and the question "are you the gentleman who rang earlier?"

We arrived at 4.32pm and after filling in our form went straight in to the nurse who was kind, attentive, informative and absolutely first rate. We left at 5.15pm - fantastic.

So thank you very much indeed for providing a wonderful, efficient, caring, speedy service. Absolutely first rate.

I really think that more people need to know about the services you provide - a trip to Petersfield, or Haslemere (5 days a week) is so preferable to going to A&E at Guildford - thank you so so much.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 29 December 2013

Petersfield Hospital replied on 30 January 2014

Thank you for your kind compliments which have been passed on to the staff concerned.

Complaints and PALS
02380 874065

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My wife's visit pm 18 Dec 2013

The staff at this facility are the most pleasant and efficient we have ever come across, my wife is very nervous and has had some bad experiences of the medical profession of late.
This has resulted in a complete lack of confidence, we visited the Petersfield centre because she didn't feel she could visit her doctor.

As luck would have it a Consultant was visiting and a male nurse talked him into looking at my wife's foot. He quickly put her mind at rest and suggested that she should visit her doctor a.s.a.p.

The staff then phone her surgery and organised an appointment with the doctor.
Finally I would like to say a big thank you to all the stall at Petersfield Minor Injury Unit and wish them all A Very Merry Christmas

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 18 December 2013

Petersfield Hospital replied on 30 January 2014

Thank you for your compliments which have been passed on to the staff concerned.

Jane Tibble
01256 376566

Anonymous gave Petersfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent palliative care

The staff on Rowan ward looked after my mother in her final days. She received a lovely welcome onto the ward as she had been there before and the staff were caring and attentive. The GPs also provided good back up medical care/supervision and the lines of communication worked well. She passed away peacefully, luckily nowhere near a busy district general hospital. I would like to thank Rowan Ward for all their efforts, I am so pleased you were there for her and your care was much appreciated.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 16 October 2013

Petersfield Hospital replied on 08 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us as what must be a difficult time. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to the management of Petersfield Hospital and also staff on Rowan Ward.

Allison Griffin recommended Petersfield Hospital

A very impressive and speedy experience

What I liked

I am a nursing student working in Basingstoke and have conducted all my placements there. I had to accompany my husband today to Petersfield to have a small proceedure carried out on his finger. I realise how regularly hospital staff are critised but rarely receive comments or appreciation when good care is given and that is why I am writing. I was extremely impressed with the way the hospital is managed. The front staff are helpful and courteous and the medical team extremely helpful and sympathetic to my husbands phobia of needles. Most of all I can not believe the speed of the appointment, the initial appointment was within 10 days of seeing his G.P. Today he was seen by a consultant (or a memeber of his team) and the proceedure carried out with excellent recovery advice from the nurse and all within 20 minutes. It is nice to experience care from not just another pospective but also from another hospital. Its always a pleasure to see the NHS when it works the way its intended. Many thanks.

What could have been improved

Only one little thing. We were not sure who to report to in the dermological dept, however, were greeted personally and very quickly by a male nurse. Maybe a notice on the wall would have been nice just to tell us to sit and wait and someone would come and take his name :)

Visited in February 2012. Posted on 16 February 2012

Petersfield Hospital replied on 09 March 2012

Thank you for sharing your kind comments in relation to your visit to Petersfield Hospital. I will be sure to share your views with the hospital management so that they can cascade this positive feedback to their staff.

Complaints & PALS Officer

Anonymous recommended Petersfield Hospital

My mother was admitted Sept 15th in the later stages of her dementia, the...

What I liked

My mother was admitted Sept 15th in the later stages of her dementia, the treatment, compassion, and care the whole family received was simply faultless, we are eternally grateful that Mum's final week was made so special

Noting

Any other comments

Thankyou so much

Visited in October 2010. Posted on 16 October 2010

Petersfield Hospital replied on 03 September 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback after an obviously distressing time. Your comments have been passed on the the Management of the hospital so that they can be be shared with the relevant staff.

Anonymous recommended Petersfield Hospital

Had an X-ray. very helpful lady at the X ray dept who booked me in. But what...

What I liked

Had an X-ray. very helpful lady at the X ray dept who booked me in. But what was impressive is, they fitted me in that day ( i did ask) as its hard to get time off work for me. The lady who took the X- ray was helpful and polite. A good service.

Visited in May 2010. Posted on 07 June 2010

Petersfield Hospital replied on 08 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. It is always lovely to know when we have done something well. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the relevant people. Many thanks

barry mckee recommended Petersfield Hospital

Impresive clean modern , with good service !

What I liked

Impresive clean modern , with good service !

Visited in February 2010. Posted on 27 February 2010

Petersfield Hospital replied on 22 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your kind words.

Pam recommended Petersfield Hospital

I was treated at the minor injuries unit. On my first visit there were no...

What I liked

I was treated at the minor injuries unit. On my first visit there were no other patients so I was dealt with immediately. My second visit was for my injury to be re-dressed and I had to wait about an hour to be seen. This was mainly because a baby had come in after me and needed to be seen first, which was unavoidable. However, the staff were polite and apologised for the delays.

What could have been improved

Nothing really. Sometimes we just have to be patient and wait our turn.

Visited in January 2010. Posted on 26 January 2010

Petersfield Hospital replied on 27 January 2010

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the service you received from Petersfield Hospital Minor Injuries Unit. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff involved.

Derek J TAylor recommended Petersfield Hospital

The reception staff and nurses were polite, cheerful, helpful and efficient and

What I liked

The reception staff and nurses were polite, cheerful, helpful and efficient and treated me with respect and understanding.
The doctor listened to what I had to say and responded accordingly, he was confident and knowledgable and informed my of my conditions and the treatment he proposed together with follow up appointments and investigations.
AND WHATS MORE I WAS SEEN ON TIME
Highly recommended

Car parking
and
The weather-it had been snowing

Visited in January 2010. Posted on 16 January 2010

Petersfield Hospital replied on 18 January 2010

Thank you for your kind comments. I will make sure they are passed on to the relevant staff. Kind regards

Anonymous did not recommend Petersfield Hospital

porters unfriendly not speaking,most other staff nice,clean

porters unfriendly not speaking,most other staff nice,clean

What could have been improved

conversation,in silence feeling in the way

Any other comments

prehaps they dont like older women

Visited in November 2009. Posted on 08 December 2009

Petersfield Hospital replied on 09 December 2009

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry that you felt uncomfortable during your visit to Petersfield Hospital. If you wish to discuss this further please contact our Patient Experience Officer on 01252 355165.