University Hospital Of North Tees

01642 617617 Hardwick Road , Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Elizabeth Turner gave University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Simply Brilliant Service

Thankfully I don't have any problems but have attended this unit for a routine examination and, as usual, the staff were excellent, it was very quick and painless. I was in and out so quickly it was well within the 20 minutes free parking allowed!!!
I cannot speak highly enough about the fantastic service that is provided - if you are sent an appointment - please attend, it really isn't scary.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. If you let us know which unit you attended we will be happy to pass on your kind comments.

James Long gave University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Recent procedure.

On Wednesday 28th June 2017, I attended the Endoscopy Unit at North Tees for a 'Top and Tail' procedure. I can state that the staff in this unit were excellent, from the receptionist, the nurse who admitted me, the recovery area staff and the nurse who discharged me. All were friendly and professional. I would like to give a special mention to the Consultant and the two nurses who carried out the procedure, excellent. I ask that my thanks be given to the unit. I was very impressed. Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees has not yet replied.

Rita Taylor gave Cardiology at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Coronary care

Visited A & E at north tees on 27/6 with chest pain which comes and goes. Really well cared for by nursing staff and saw consultant who arranged treadmill test. In coronary care . Saw heart consultant who diagnosed unstable angina and admitted to ward. All within 3hrs. Very well cared for by nursing staff and doctors on ward. Early next morning had serious episode recorded on ecg. Arranged immediate transfer to James Cook for angioplasty with stent.
Thanks to staff at James Cook and prompt excellent care from Coronary Care ward at North Tees and fantastic ambulance staff there is no lasting damage to my heart.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees has not yet replied.

Gemma gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I visited urgent care centre with my son today as he hurt he's hand at school I was greeted by a lovely receptionist .
I was seen very quickly and received excellent service by the nurse who was absolutely fantastic with my son he was sent for X-ray and then the nurse explained exactly what my son had done he had broke he's hand and was then took in next room for a plaster of another lovely nurse who was also great I couldn't of got a better service they made us feel so at ease a*********** fantastic

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your son's care.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Ward 22 (post-natal/anti-natal) and delivery suite - amazing

In June 2017 I gave birth to my first child and I could not recommend this hospital enough!! The staff were all fantastic, no matter the role they carried out, they worked extremely well together and always had the child's parents and their baby at the forefront of their thoughts.
I was in labour almost three days and stayed in hospital four days and every single person who helped with the delivery of my son came to see him before I was discharged - this meant the world to both me and my husband.
I have managed teams and I would be extremely proud if this was my team.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 July 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments have been forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

June gave Surgery - Breast at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Recall after initial mammogram to Breast Assessment centre

I was extremely anxious being recalled for follow up tests at Breast Assessment Centre, Stockton.
I cannot speak highly enough re the way I was treated. Everyone I came into contact with, from reception to radiographer etc, was so reassuring and kind.
It was explained to me at each point of a test what was happening.
I can only go by my own experience, which was excellent. Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees has not yet replied.

David Edwards gave Colorectal cancer services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 4 stars

Cancer Treatment

I should like to take this opportunity to express my thanks & gratitude to the staff at this hospital for my treatment over approx. the last year. I was diagnosed with a tumor last year which was removed by my surgeon & their surgical team, this was followed by Radiotherapy & Chemotherapy, during which time I received excellent support & help from all staff involved in my treatment. On completion of treatment the Ileostomy was reversed & I am now recovering from this surgery, again carried out by the same surgeon & their team.
The support I received from the Stoma team during this time can not be underestimated, during what initially was a very trying time for myself & my wife. The team were ready to provide 24/7 help & advice during this period of adjustment to wearing a stoma bag. They were always there ready to try new types until a solution was achieved & once again I cannot thank them enough.
Finally I would like to thank everyone once again & give them all my heartfelt thanks & gratitude.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 July 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Spinal injury care

Upon my arrival in A&E all the stuff were superb. The Doctor who looked after me couldn't have been anymore attentive. They ensured I had constant updates on what was happening and regular analgesia.
Upon my admission to the othro ward, the nurses, HCA and other ward staff members were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them, any question was answered accordingly.
The staff made you feel at ease, with polite conversation and 'banter'. They would take time out of there own break, as short as it is, to speak to you.

I would while heartedly recommend N.Tess hospital to anyone.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

viv evenden gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedic outpatient

Had to visit the department for my shoulder and arm, the treatment was first class, the doctor and nurses and everyone involved were very helpful. I received an x ray, scan and injection all in the one appointment. Could not have received any better treatment. Thanks to everyone.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 31 May 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Phillip Wilkinson gave Respiratory Medicine at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Cancer scare

From the start to the finish the service was 100% . From referral to scans,meetings,staff ,left me feeling proud to be treated by an outstanding hospital in all aspects of my treatment and care.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017