University Hospital Of North Tees

01642 617617 Hardwick Road , Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Impressive

I attended an appointment at gynaecological oncology with my elderly disabled mother. On arriving at the department we were met immediately by a nurse (I didn't even have time to sit down), then mum saw the consultant who explained the procedure they were to undertake in a way she could understand. Mum was then given a choice in how the minor operation was done.
All staff concerned treated my mother with the utmost respect, involving her in decisions and she left the same day, happy with the treatment she had undergone.
Thank you to you all for your excellent care

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your mother's care. We are pleased it was a positive experience for her.

Michala willows gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy department

First time having an endoscopy , was scared, worried and generally not knowing what to expect .
The whole procedure from arrival to leaving was an experience I never expected , every member of staff was kind, caring and thorough with explanation ,reassurance etc .
Faith has been restored that the caring profession has nurses/doctors that really do care .
The staff are amazing and an absolute asset to the NHS

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Eileen Flounders gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy . Put me at my ease the staff where very nice .

Attended north tees hospital colonoscopy dept . Was very nervous as was first time . From walking in the staff put me at my ease . The person who took my details knew i was nervous and made me laugh to take my mind off it . The member of staff who opperated the camera was a gem so was the nurses who assisted. Cannot praise the staff highly enough . I found out i had nothing to be affraid of .

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

G Burns gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Endoscopy Department

Had to return once again after a year for another colonoscopy and received excellent care as I had the first time. All the staff were caring, professional, friendly, helpful and showed me dignity and respect and even a follow-up phone call. Can't praise this department highly enough. It should receive an award for its treatment of patients.,

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments willbe forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

C Smith gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 4 stars

Great care

I received all my ante natal care at North Tees, my son was both there and I have since attended the children's day unit on several occasions. I have always been impressed with the quality of care and the respect and genuine compassion showed by all the medical staff

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Pleae accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Urgent care n tees hospital

Mum seen in urgent care centre following 111 call. The doctor and health care assistant who's name I sadly cannot remember we're fantastic. The doctor was so caring and explained what was going to happen in a manner that we understood, she was involved in all decisions regarding her care. Thank you. Shame the rest of the hospital wasn't as good.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Please note if there are any issues you would like investigating or you have concerns about you can contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Michael Willey gave Respiratory Medicine at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Ward 24 First Class Care

Admitted to ward 24 from EAU after a recent health scare.My first time in hospital for 40 years,and I can't praise the staff highly enough.Everyone from Domestics to Consultants went about their business in a thoroughly professional manner while always making me feel at ease.
Ward 24 staff were great,thoroughly professional,but always very friendly and chatty which helps to aleviate any anxiety.
I was always informed about the treatment I received,and this,together with the professionalism and friendliness of all the staff,meant my unexpected stay in hospital was actually quite pleasant!!
I would like Ward 24 to receive this review as a token of my thanks and gratitude to them all.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. We are pleased you have had a positive experience. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Lisa connor gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Ward 33

I recently stayed on ward 33 after a surgical procedure. Although this hospital gets negative feedback a lot of the time I cannot disagree more.
The staff were amazing and looked after me better than I could have asked for . Especially the member of staff on ward 33, nothing was too much bother for them and although they seemed pretty short staffed they were extremely busy the whole of their shift and never once complained. Always there for me and always helping me and asking if I needed anything. They were answering buzzers as soon as other patients pressed them not leaving anyone distressed. They are a credit to north tees and is an excellent example of how a nurse should be. Thank you so much you really made a difference to my stay in hospital.......hope u have fun in Ibiza ??

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. We are pleased you had such a positive experience. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Alastair Coe gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Excellent in all respects

I was referred to the Endoscopy Unit via the Bowel Cancer Screening programme for a Colonoscopy. From the moment I arrived in reception to the discharge procedure everyone I came into contact with were highly professional, and dedicated to providing a fantastic service. The procedure itself was excellently carried out, with everything being explained. It is no exaggeration to say that nothing could have been improved.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Ian G gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Quick repair at urgent care

Referred by 111 call service to treat a deep cut to arm. No appointments available when I called; but 111 operator warned the UC Unit that I would attend as a 'walk in'. Arrived at about 12.00 (midday), booked in by pleasant, efficient Receptionist. Waited around 30 minutes, then attended by cheerful, confident Practicioner who inspected and dressed the wound, giving me some extra dressings to use at home if necessary. Out and driving home by 13.00.

In short, a well-organised and efficient service; but can only assume that I went at a relatively quiet time on a weekday.

I have attended North Tees Hospital as an in-patient on various occasions; and am an out-patient of several clinics. The Urgent Care Unit is a welcome addition to the patient facilities.

Ian G

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. We are pleased you had a positive experience. Please accept our good wishes for the future.