University Hospital Of North Tees

01642 617617 Hardwick Road , Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Adam gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Accident and emergency

After a couple of bad experiences I'm glad to say this wasn't one of them,
From getting in the waiting time was less than an hour.
The nurse was lovely and got pretty much everything sorted and done straight away while explaining what was going on...I think with staff like this you know your in good hands.
I wouldn't usually leave feedback but I think it's deserved.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 March 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 09 March 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Jean Angus gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedic OPD excellent experience: excellent staff

I have recently had the need to visit the Orthopaedic Out Patient Dept at North Tees for two appointments and I can honestly say that it was faultless. The Department is well organised, it appeared well staffed, and when I also was required to attended for an X Ray, it was a seamless procedure.
I was seen by a consultant who was most pleasant and considerate: who treated me with care, compassion and was the ultimate professional. The Manager was polite and professional and dealt with my enquiries with expert knowledge and understanding.
All of the staff in this Department were very friendly and accommodating and tried their very best to make sure that this was not a daunting experience for the large number of patients who go through for their appointments and treatments. They made sure that you understood everything and gave plenty of opportunity to ask questions, at no time was there a rush to get you out and see the next person. The staff on Reception are also helpful and efficient.

I honestly could not praise the Doctors, Nurses and other staff enough for their kindness and care that I have received, and I would highly recommend this service to any member of my family or friends.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 4 stars

Reception

Came in after a injury at work and the receptionist was very rude also the medical staff were really good.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 March 2017

Jessica Clark gave University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

Main Outpatients department - very rude staff

Visited Main Outpatients department yesterday to have some bloods taken. Sat in the waiting room and patients are expected to take a number and wait for there's to be called, except no numbers were available to take so all patients sat in the waiting room taking their turn to be seen. As I waited, one of the phlebotomists put an 'out for lunch' sign on the board, accepting to see the patient waiting before me and rudely said 'this is the last patient I'm seeing as she has a number, you do not'. I told them that the patient doesn't have a number, nobody has had one because there hasn't been any available. They said 'well she is urgent you will have to wait'. Baring in mind I was the last person waiting, they had not asked why I was getting my bloods taken or knew my reason for being in hospital, very rude and seemed more bothered about getting her dinner than the treatment of ill people in hospital. I again told her that the patient being seen didn't have a number and how can they differentiate which patient is more important than another. Another phlebotomist then put their hand up at me very rudely and said 'wait' and both of them went into one room and shut the door. The first phlebotomist was adamant they would not take my blood, and the second one who rudely raised their hand and told me to stop talking eventually took them, spoke very rudely to me asif I was a burdon to their time and rushed me out. The attitudes of the staff in Main Outpatients was disgusting, I was getting my bloods taken due to a very stressful emotional situation and did not have to be greeted by such rude staff. Extremely rude staff working in this department who seem to have no idea about care at all. Remember people who come to hospital are usually ill and stressed and upset and do not need to be treated so rudely by such 'professionals'.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 February 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns we need further information therefore could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Gill gave Geriatric Medicine at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Ward 30

Shocked I was woken at 1:05am to be asked to get up because I was being sent to ward 30 from EAU. was pushed in a chair up to the ward 30. Dismayed at Nurses on EAU nights. However ward 30 was lovely the Nurses were brilliant and there was one who was excellent as were the staff nurses. The time they had for us patients was amazing even though they were very very busy. Not so happy with the Docs though they forgot to review me from Saturday till the Thursday and then it was the on call. No fault with anyone given the pressure our NHS is under.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 23 February 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future. If you would like any of your concerns investigating please contact the Patient Experience team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

Shocking

My father in law has prostrate cancer (but it's only an injection once every three months and it's not spread) and mild dementia (but he knows who we are etc. He just can't remember what he's just read in a newspaper for example). He's been in and out of hospital 10-12 times since October. He's on morphine etc etc. The hospital say he's imagining the pain and there's nothing more they can do. The social services caters, the care Home staff, the gp and the ambulance drivers disagree. But here we are again tonight ... in accident and emergency. He's 79 they sometimes leave him more than 5 hours in a and e over night. So my poor hubby gets no sleep then goes to work. We asked why. Accident and emergency isn't there to treat pain. So they do nothing. So in the end my hubby... at his wits end, watching my father in law in pain just takes him home when he falls asleep with exhaustion. This ommentary is entirely true. Do not touch this hospital with a barge pole.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 February 2017

Bev Shackleton gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Came today for 2nd opinion

Came here today for a second opinion after my local hospital writ me off. I was so impressed and the stuff and Doctors were so lovely. Now waiting for scans etc. I was told by my local hospital that I wouldn't get use of my arm back and even at one point told it was all in my head!! I was treat with dignity and respect, immediately felt at ease and the doctor gave me some hope. Fingers crossed I can use my hand and arm again and hopefully reduce the pain in my neck.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 11 January 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 February 2017

McBride gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Treatment from staff on ward 32

The staff on this ward have been looking after a relative since the 14th December 2016. The Ward Matron and other staff have been very helpful when dealing with the relative (who has dementia) and she has been very well looked after. The Ward Matron has always been very approachable, taken time to alleviate any concerns and for all the treatment given to our relative we are extremely thankful to all staff.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 06 January 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 16 January 2017

Laura gave Maternity services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 4 stars

Excellent care off midwives and consultant

I attended after falling in the road last Saturday. I am 32 weeks pregnant and I managed to hit my bump and tore my ligaments in my ankle. I was extremely anxious. Both midwives were so lovely and were so welcoming to me and my partner who were anxious. I wish to thank them both just wish I knew there names. The doctors were also lovely.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 February 2017

Pauline gave Accident and emergency services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Necrotic umbilical hernia

I was taken by ambulance to north tees with agonising pain and fecal matter comming from hernia was giving morphine for pain immediately i was then seen by surgical assesment team around 5 am and told that if i had not gone to hospital it would of killed me ! I was operated on at midday and kept sedated for 24 hours as stomach was full of poison and hernia was black gratefully to be a tubby as they had to cut over 2 stone of poisend fat away,the staff were absolutely brilliant i can not praise them enough they were fantastic even though i was like looney on morphine the first night.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017