University Hospital Of North Tees

01642 617617 Hardwick Road , Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Spinal injury care

Upon my arrival in A&E all the stuff were superb. The Doctor who looked after me couldn't have been anymore attentive. They ensured I had constant updates on what was happening and regular analgesia.
Upon my admission to the othro ward, the nurses, HCA and other ward staff members were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them, any question was answered accordingly.
The staff made you feel at ease, with polite conversation and 'banter'. They would take time out of there own break, as short as it is, to speak to you.

I would while heartedly recommend N.Tess hospital to anyone.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

viv evenden gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Orthopaedic outpatient

Had to visit the department for my shoulder and arm, the treatment was first class, the doctor and nurses and everyone involved were very helpful. I received an x ray, scan and injection all in the one appointment. Could not have received any better treatment. Thanks to everyone.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees has not yet replied.

sammi gave Respiratory Medicine at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 2 stars

ward 24

Most of the staff who have been on im not very happy with as they have not listed to what is wrong with me.
I was dischared and still dont know whats wrong with me. In lots of pain still and cant breath correctly.
Most of the cleanig staff were great and did a good job of it especially the person who was on saturday and sunday morning. I witnesed one member of the cleaning staff just wipe the windowsill in my room and walk out while other stuff needed doing.
On the other hand the nurses were fab. Also there were other staff who were really lovely and great help when needed them they made my stay as comfortable as possible.
So over all a very big thankyou to the staff, you guys were super great.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 05 April 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

LynseyP gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service

Following a fall which resulted in badly fracturing my wrist, I was referred to the Fracture OPD

Never having ever broken a bone before, I did not know what to expect and the staff were excellent. They took time to explain what I had broken, how I had broken it and clearly explained what surgery was needed and why.

I had a couple of complications following surgery and needed to have my plasters removed and wounds checked but nothing was too much trouble for them and the care they all showed was genuine and something I greatly appreciated.

The staff were always on hand to answer any questions I had both in person and by phone, which was a great comfort.

I have now been discharged and referred to physio but I just wanted to leave this feedback as the staff are obviously under a great amount of pressure with their workloads but this did not effect the staff treating their patients. They gave care and compassion and treated each patient as an individual person and not just an (NHS) number.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our services on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

sammi courtney gave University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

ward 36 short stay unit in the west wing

This was my second time in hospital in a week I had only been discharged on the monday and the following day I was back in. I was put onto ward 36 and it was very diffrent to ward 24. All the staff were lovely and they made every attempt to help ease my pains I was getting which previous ward 24 failed to pick up on. If I needed to seebthe dr they had one there with in half an hour and they were very helpful.

Some members of staff in paticular some of the nursars and staff in white were fab. One in paticular who got whiplash due to another paitent when they atttacked them still has a smile on their face and carried on best they could and anotherone always managed to have a smile on their face even when getting verbal abuae of paitents. They all did really have smiles on their faces even though getting abuse of others and tryed their best to calm situations best they could. While making others feling at ease with what was going on.

At one lunvh time they gave me lemon on my fish evwn though I had an allery band to say I was alleric to lemon qnd it was on ky board also writen on my menu order in capital letters no lemon due to allergy. As soon as I mentioned this they took it away and plated me a fresh one up.

An older lady in our room needes help to take her tablets and they waited with her and helped develop techniques to get her take them with their help wich was fab of them all.

The nurse that was on in my room the day I left on the tusday was not very hepful and mentioned I had fallen again due to me going dizzy and they brushed it off and said that they will deal with it later even though I had hit my left hand side which I was in pain with and asked for my pain relief i was due I got 1 1/2 hours laate even aftervasking for it on a number of times. Also the elderly lady in the bed next me the nurse was ment to help her take her tablets as she would not without help and the nurse got me and another young lass from our room tonhelp her take them we mentioned this to her daughters and they were greatful we helped but not happy the nurse didnt do what tey were ment to do.

In conclusion my stay on ward 36 was a much better one than I had previously experienced on other ward. Even with the negative exprience wirh the nurse on the day I left. I still have along way to go but due to the staff and the help they gave me I have recoverd faster thanni should have by at least 2 months. So I very big thankyou to all the staff on ward 36! if it wasnt for them actually taking the time to talk to me ask what and where my pain was I was able to get the correct help I needed and also what was wrong with me with in 3 hours unlike previously it took them 6days and said it was an astmah attack but turned out to be more serious pluracy and a stress related stroke I had had which could have been avoided in the first place I owe them a great deal for doing their job correctly

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices and giving feedback on our services. Your kind comments around your care will be forwarded to the staff and teams involved.
To enable the Trust to investigate the aspects of your care you were unhappy with could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous reviewed University Hospital Of North Tees

I recently took my daughter to University Hospital of North Tees after she...

I recently took my daughter to University Hospital of North Tees after she fell. She was made very comfortable by everybody, from the receptionist, the Charge Nurse -- Gerwin and the radiographer. Over all I was very satisfied with the experience.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices and giving feedback on our services. Your kind comments about your daughter’s care will be forwarded to the staff and teams involved.
Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

Currently on ward 28

I'm currently a patient on ward28 via ward 30 then ward 33. Patients are left for hours rountinely without pain relief. Staff are rude and inconsiderate when asked about the care plan. Night staff were explicitly rude telling us in a very loud voice to shut up cos had patients who are really ill to see too. Not nice!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices and taking the time to give feedback on our services.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 3 stars

Elective csection

I had a planned csection at this hospital in the middle of april. We arrived at 6am. We were welcomed by midwives and well prepared for surgery. Everything went well the midwife that looked after me was lovely. Everything went smoothly during the day, i was well looked after back on the ward. However as evening approached and the staff changed i became really uncomfortable and helpless. I overheard staff saying they were short staffed that evening. After having a csection i was unable to care for my baby independently. I was told by day staff that i would be able to have catheter removed and get walking around that evening in order to follow my wishes to go home the next day. I barely seen any members of staff at first. I needed someone to pass my baby in order to feed her and help to get bottles out of my suitcase. I was waiting around for ages after pressing buzzer to get the attention from a member of staff. When i was finally approached by a midwifery assistant who was very rude when i said my baby needed nappy changing they replied "well what do you want me to do?" Later that evening i was so upset it took a midwife who was on medication rounds to see me crying and really struggling to actually offer some help. (Which i had to wait a long time for) i did get my wishes in the end to get up and have catheter removed and get out of bed. However it should not have taken as long. I understand these things could happen with being short staffed but an apology and lots of reassurance would have been better. I was so relieved when staff switched over that morning to see friendlier more helpful faces. Also the nightstaff could not wait to leave. It was not a pleasant experience especially at a special time in your life but when your also feeling over emotional. I wouldnt wish for any other mams to have same experience.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

C. Nicholson gave Pain Management at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Finally feel I am getting some help

Went for an appointment today saw a lovely pain nurse who was very pleasant. They got the Consultant to come and review my MRI results and for the first time a doctor sat and showed me the problem with my neck and what treatment they will give me. I have had this terrible pain for years, had every painkiller going which mainly give untoward side effects. I had facet joint injections last year and the Consultant is going to repeat them but treat both sides of my neck. If this does not work then it's surgery but in the meantime just someone listening and treating you as an individual means everything. Hope I always see this lovely person....thank you so much.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 4 stars

entrance

I came in every day to see my dad and entering the hospital by the main entrance was discusting you had patient in wheelchairs and some on drips all smoking right next to signs to say we are a smoke free zone this just looks so of putting and is not a good advert for such a good hospital that looks after there patient so well . I do appreciate people cannot stop smoking just because they come into hospial but i do think somewhere out of site of the main entrance could be found and visitors could smoke when they get home it does not premote a healthy look for the hospital not to say the health of other people walking through. I dont normaly send complaints but i have been lots of times into the main entrance and it just gets worse everytime and i feel very strongly about hospitals look good and safe for all patients and this looks so wrong.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017