University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Anonymous gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

PARKING

This disgraceful you are allowed 20 minutes free as if an appointment would take that long! Why do we have to pay 3 pounds for maybe a 30 minute appointment? This should be stopped and at least allow a 1 hour fee not this ridiculous amount! I am going to speak to my MP

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 17 August 2016

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns we need further information therefore could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Lynda Wardle gave Rheumatology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Visit Rheumatolgy review

I visited this department on the 16th June 2016 for an annual review, following an illness the previous year.

I was seen by a Rheumatology Nurse who sadly was at a disadvantage as my notes were neither on my file or on the hospital system. They telephoned the consultants secretary to be told my notes had been lost and they could ring my GP and asked for the relevant information to be faxed to them and then emailed to the nurse.

I work for a living and did not have the time to wait and I felt sure that this process would not be quick!

Fortunately for me I am feeling well and other than requesting that my blood pressure was checked I felt it would be best to discharge me and if I had any other problems in the future I would return to my GP.

The consulting room had no BP machine, the nurse asked if another member of staff could do the reading and I was moved into a corridor until someone came along and moved me into a small room.

I felt for the staff who were trying their best, it felt a bit like organised chaos, sorry.

Not a good experience, thankful that hopefully, I do not have a serious condition as I am not confident it would have been addressed.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 June 2016

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

michelle boult gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Colposcopy clinic

Attended this clinic after a abnormal smear result the staff are absolutely fantastic and go above and beyond to make you feel safe and comfortable.
I felt so safe and reassured and was told before they did anything.
Thank you so much for the level of care and respect I received.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

Charlotte Macgregor gave Rheumatology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Doctor had no manners.

I visited a new doctor in rheumatology as my last doctor had left. This doctor had no manners, just fired a load of questions at me, made out I was a liar as I had forgotten one of the tablets I take. They refused me knee steroid injections, claiming they won't help. If they bothered to read my notes, they do provide a little relief from the unending pain in my knees. They told me I had fibromyalgia & simply told me to look on the Internet, no explanations given. They were very abrupt as if I was simply taking up time. They offered no other treatments or help. I thought the NHS was supposed to be compassionate & to try to alleviate pain. What happened to patients choice?

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

FROM THE VILLAGES gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

HAND OPERATION

I attended the hospital for 3 appointments relating to a hand op.
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, doctor and specialist.
Apps all on time, staff supportive and polite, I was kept well informed at every juncture. I advocate the care from start to finish was 100%, I didn't even lose a day's work and the end result is perfect, hand is repaired, fully functional. A resounding success. Thank you NHS and thanks and best wishes to all the staff at Hartlepool hospital.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

lell48 gave Haematology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Respect

Attended Out Patients this afternoon with my husband;The doctor was exceptional ; pleasant polite and very kind to my husband;In these times of turmoil in NHS perhaps people in charge should observe this doctor and treat all patients as they do

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 08 April 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 14 April 2016

Amanda gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

referred by gp and sent for a first consultation

Dear whom it may concern / Dear university hospital of Hartlepool

I've had a mole in a particular area on my face since birth. i have been subjected to bullying on said subject. with my local gp's help who referred me to a consultation yesterday morning, i finally have been put on a waiting list to have it removed.

There are no words that could describe how ecstatic i feel about this. it's a step to self-confidence and self-recovery, thank you for agreeing in this decision as after 22 years i had lost a bit of hope in all honesty.

I would also like to state the cleanliness of the hospital and to express gratefulness to all said staff that work here. with all the cuts it's pretty amazing how level-headed and thoughtful the staff were. it must be a difficult job at times, but i understand a compliment can go a long way, i only wonder now how long the waiting list will be, i've waited 22 years so it's not an issue, i am just overwhelmed with happiness to say the least.

Many Thanks

Amanda

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 22 March 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 24 March 2016

Dear Amanda, Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

DD gave Rheumatology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

University Hospital of Hartlepool is fantastic!

Despite the Trusts and the government constantly gutting the services at the University Hospital of Hartlepool, what service do remain are fantastic and continue to go above and beyond in spite of the cuts and closures.

I had had a spate of ill health recently resulting in numerous hospital visits. Each of the different departments has always been fantastic. The staff are always very welcoming and professional. The nurses, the admins and the consultants are all caring, considerate, knowledgeable in their respective fields, helpful, patient and professional.

The premises are always very clean. The toilets can occasionally be hit and miss, but are more often than not cleaned to a high standard.

The last two times I have visited, the consultant has dictated their clinic letter whilst I was with them. I do not know if this is a new regulation the hospital is trialling or just the personal preference of the consultant, to save some time, but I think it is a great idea. I felt involved. I was asked for my input during the dictations, the consultants checked that I understood everything, that everything was acceptable and if there was anything to be added. It's a great idea!

I am not sure if the hospital has any power to do so, but I would urge everyone to somehow try and find a way to get rid of Parking Eye. £3 per visit is extortionate. It's bad enough been ill enough to need to visit a hospital (or to visit someone who is), but getting kicked in the teeth with a £3 charge each time is unfair. I also think Parking Eye are disgusting for making Blue Badge holders also pay the fairs. Parking at NHS services should be either free (I'd pay a few pennies a year more tax for it!), or subsidised. £3 per visit is criminal. You get 20 minutes free, but it takes that long to get to the department you need. Parking Eye should be ashamed.

The person on outpatients' reception should win 'Employee of the Century'. No matter what day of the week it is, they have a kindness, happiness and enthusiasm that I have never seen before in a person.

I encourage everyone to complete the feedback sheets provided in the hospital and to leave reviews here. The more the decision makers can see that the care in Hartlepool is top quality, the harder it will be for them to justify culling further services from our town!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 23 February 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 24 February 2016

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. We have forwarded your comments regarding ParkingEye to the Directorate involved for their information. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient to recieve internal examination 'Camera'

From walking into the hospital pre examination I was made to feel very welcome and at ease, I should point out that the hospital was immaculate and well kept 'surprising to consider that the staff are all under threat of losing their jobs' the morale of all of those employed was comforting and the treatment received was second to none 'by all of those who attended to me'. I am extremely disappointed to hear that the hospital is under threat of closure and would urge those tasked with this decision to reconsider, I am a prominent local business person who under normal circumstances receives private treatment, I should point out for clarity that the treatment I received at Hartlepool was as good if not better than any private hospital that I have visited, Please pass on my sincere thanks to those who looked after me during this time.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 13 January 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 15 January 2016

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments have been noted and will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Kelly McLoughlin gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

IVF at hartlepool ARU

I visited hartlepool ARU for IVF.
The staff including surgeons, nurses & specialists are absolutely fantastic! They always make sure the patient comes first and gives their 100% in everything!
I couldn't thank these people enough for the support throughout my whole time there (which was very often).
The unit itself is very private & clean.
I would definitely recommend to friends & family and to the general public about this hospital, don't hesitate!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 12 April 2016