University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

kath threlfall reviewed Cardiology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool

excellent

all staff in both AEC department also Cardiac section were excellent along with being most caring.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Kennie McKee gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant experience

Had a minor operation with General Anesthetic. Staff were brilliant and woke up feeling great. Thank you so much for making me feel as comfortable as possible. Special thanks to the Doctor, Nurse and staff.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and continuity during day case procedure

Day case procedure carried out at University Hospital of Hartlepool - smooth process with no delays; all staff from the front desk onwards extremely helpful and supportive.
I can't fault the treatment & care I received there.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 4 stars

rutherford morrison urnit

I would like to express my thanks to the staff of Rutherford Morrison unit for a 1st class service. Working for the NHS I see the pressures faced with targets low morale but found nothing but praise for the Rutherford Morrison unit
once again many thanks.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous reviewed Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool

endoscopy unit

This is the second time my husband has attended this department and the staff are just so polite and courteous.This is an excellent Department and a credit to the hospital

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Appointment times = pointless!

I phoned 111 as my young son was unwell. Given an appointment time of 6pm. He was not seen by anyone until 6.41pm. It seems a waste of time to give appointment times and then not adhere to them. I appreciate more urgent cases may arise however it would be nice of the receptionist to inform you of that when booking in. Whilst sitting in waiting area I noticed spots of blood on the floor, unacceptable! GP was very nice as was receptionist when I asked how much longer I could expect to wait after 30 minutes delay.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. If you would like to raise concerns to be investigated about your experience please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Certain staff need to learn manners

Attended main x ray dept with my child for an ultrasound. Only had a couple of minutes wait before being taken for the scan. The HCA was very pleasant, but I found the sonographer ignorant. No introduction, never said a word during the procedure, then just walked out leaving the HCA to explain the results would be sent to GP.
Would it not be courteous to introduce yourself and speak to your patients. Without them you wouldn't have a job!
The whole visit took 22 minutes, from entering the car park to returning to the ticket machine, so then we had to pay £3 for going 2 minutes over the 'first 20 minutes free' parking. If you insist on charging for car parking would it not be more appropriate to charge a staggered fee for the length of the visit.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Discusted with the service especially from a top nurse!

I had just returned back from my holiday, and my nephew rang me telling me he needed to go to the urgent care centre in hartlepool as he had burnt his leg and it was very painful and he thought it was becoming infected. So I took him. The receptionist was lovely and took our details and told us to wait in the seating area. We waited for around 20 minutes before we got called in. The nurse that seen to us, was rude from the second we walked through the door. The nurse said that he wasn't due to be seen untill Monday between 4 and 5 for a clinic appointment, which I explained I knew nothing about as I'd just returned from holiday. The nurse asked who I was and I told them I was his auntie. The nurse then continued and asked where his mother was but in a very rude tone of voice and an abrupt manor, I was shocked with the way they were speaking to me, I explained that his mother had passed away 2 weeks ago. The nurse then asked where his father was, and if he had children at home again in a very rude, snotty tone of voice I explained his father had 3 other children at home and was unable to bring him down hence why I was there. I then said to the nurse is he going to get seen to, and they were trying to avoid somebody seeing to my nephew. I then said to the nurse I am shocked at the way your speaking to me in this manner especially with his mam only passing away 2 weeks ago. The nurse then said 'what do you want me to do about that, get my crystal ball out' which I thought was sarcastic and absolutely disgusting!!! From the minute I walked in the room the nurse was very snotty and not attentive one little bit. I left the room furious and crying with anger! Especially about the comment with the crystal ball. I have never been spoke to the way the nurse spoke to me by a health care professional, I've worked with many myself as I was studying mental health nursing at university and I've never whitnessed a health care professional speak to a patient the way they spoke to me! Leaving the room mortified, angry and very upset I asked the receptionist if I could complain about the nurse! The receptionist handed me forms and told me the numbers to ring because There was nobody above the nurse in the building that I could speak to at that point! Which made me even more cross knowing that they were one of the top nurses. The worst part about it is the nurse was speaking to me like that infront of my 11 year old nephew and he was very, very upset about the comment involving his mum. The nurse that dealt with us seriously needs dealing with. I hope to hear back from someone regarding this very soon!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 26 June 2017

Lilian Bain gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Two hip replacements

I have had two hip replacements eight months apart, I am truly grateful to all the staff at the hospital who look after you before during and after the opporation, my special thanks must go to specialist, they have done both of my hip surgery, and feel they gave me my life back, and am so grateful to them. The care is excellent and the physiotherapy has you back on your feet in record time, so thank you also to the team. The staff Make you as comfortable as possible. The food is good, and I only wish my appetite had been better to do it justice.so once again heartfelt thanks

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. We are really pleased you have had a positive experience. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Today - No Sedation

Hi all, I felt like I needed to leave a review as I had spent weeks stressing and worrying about having an endoscopy. Breathing is key! I had no sedation as I didn't like the thought of not really being in control and I can tell you it was over with within 3-4 minutes max. It's true what I've read about the throat spray making you feel like you can't swallow and as though you have a lump in your throat but it's fine and only last 10 mins. Breathing is key! I can't stress that enough, the tube does make you bork and as a result you don't breath but breathing as soon after the bork makes you realise that you can breath, you're fine and not to panic. I breathed throughout through my mouth and other than the odd borking, you do not feel a thing. Although it is not the nicest thing to have done, it's quick, painless and more importantly it is doable. Try not to panic and just keep breathing and it's over with as soon as it starts more or less. The staff are lovely and put you at ease straightaway. Having just literally had it done, I would have it again if needed and although it's not the best way to spend a few minutes it's worth it as you find out the majority of your problems, if any, as soon as it's done. Relieved it's over but the weeks stressing and worrying about having the endoscopy were far worse than the procedure itself 😊 hope this helps!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.