University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

urgent care visit

Called into urgent care this morning with a foot injury I was checked in seen and X-ray'd and out within two hours staff pleasant and helpful

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool has not yet replied.

Stephen Bartholomew gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

From signing in to leaving the whole experience was faultless. Staff are very friendly and reassure you throughout the day.
Very informative and dignified. It was actually pleasure to visit the Rutherford Morrison unit.
Thank you all for today.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Dr should listen more !

My four-year-old boy had already been given antibiotics for a chest infection The day before presenting with crackles on the chest .
He is also asthmatic .
Towards the winter months he always gets bad chest obviously has asthma and chest infection is not good I can tell by the amount of coughing he is doing until he nearly sick literally coughing then a small gap coughing and a small gap and so on . The area around his ribs was going in and I know when this happens he needs steroids I took him to the urgent care centre for the second time and I suggested he may need steroids I was told steroids wouldn't help to go away and wait for the antibiotics to kick in I wasn't happy so went to GP The next morning as my little boy I had a terrible night with his lungs and coughing the GP said he needed and prescribed him steroids straightaway !!!
I am not at all happy as some of the situations have happened before with ear /chest infections I know he has one and been sent away with no treatment then back a few days later for antibiotics . I also know this has happened to other people so it does happen quite a lot and the medical notes will not lie ! just wasting everybody's time and money !!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

kath threlfall reviewed Cardiology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool

excellent

all staff in both AEC department also Cardiac section were excellent along with being most caring.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Kennie McKee gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant experience

Had a minor operation with General Anesthetic. Staff were brilliant and woke up feeling great. Thank you so much for making me feel as comfortable as possible. Special thanks to the Doctor, Nurse and staff.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and continuity during day case procedure

Day case procedure carried out at University Hospital of Hartlepool - smooth process with no delays; all staff from the front desk onwards extremely helpful and supportive.
I can't fault the treatment & care I received there.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Appointment times = pointless!

I phoned 111 as my young son was unwell. Given an appointment time of 6pm. He was not seen by anyone until 6.41pm. It seems a waste of time to give appointment times and then not adhere to them. I appreciate more urgent cases may arise however it would be nice of the receptionist to inform you of that when booking in. Whilst sitting in waiting area I noticed spots of blood on the floor, unacceptable! GP was very nice as was receptionist when I asked how much longer I could expect to wait after 30 minutes delay.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. If you would like to raise concerns to be investigated about your experience please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 4 stars

rutherford morrison urnit

I would like to express my thanks to the staff of Rutherford Morrison unit for a 1st class service. Working for the NHS I see the pressures faced with targets low morale but found nothing but praise for the Rutherford Morrison unit
once again many thanks.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous reviewed Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool

endoscopy unit

This is the second time my husband has attended this department and the staff are just so polite and courteous.This is an excellent Department and a credit to the hospital

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Lilian Bain gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Two hip replacements

I have had two hip replacements eight months apart, I am truly grateful to all the staff at the hospital who look after you before during and after the opporation, my special thanks must go to specialist, they have done both of my hip surgery, and feel they gave me my life back, and am so grateful to them. The care is excellent and the physiotherapy has you back on your feet in record time, so thank you also to the team. The staff Make you as comfortable as possible. The food is good, and I only wish my appetite had been better to do it justice.so once again heartfelt thanks

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. We are really pleased you have had a positive experience. Please accept our good wishes for the future.