University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Jane wilson gave Surgery - Breast at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Breast lump

With a family history of breast cancer I was extremely worried and emotional to find a lump. The nurses, consultants, radiologists and reception staff could not have been kinder. Totally honest and understanding of my worries and concerns. I can not thank them enough

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 23 February 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Alison gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service from brilliant staff

I attended hospital yesterday and found every staff member very friendly and attentative. Nothing was too much trouble and I was very impressed. Just like to say a big thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 February 2017

GeorgeP gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Superb hospital

After several visits in the last few months I have often commented to people how good Hartlepool hospital is - well organised, efficient, professional and friendly. Then on 24th January 2017 I was admitted for gall bladder removal. I must say from the moment I entered the Access Lounge right through to being discharged I felt as though I was given VIP treatment. The staff in every area could not have been more welcoming and professional. Congratulations Hartlepool, your staff were "exceptional".

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 15 February 2017

John Cowan gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care.

I had a total knee replacement in early December. My thanks go to all that looked after me. This is from the Consultant, theatre staff, and Doctors and nurses. My care was excellent from start to finish. The staff on wards 32 and 33 were very professional and caring. This is my second knee replacement in North Tees and I would recommend this hospital to everyone requiring treatment.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 23 February 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 February 2017

Anonymous gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

PARKING

This disgraceful you are allowed 20 minutes free as if an appointment would take that long! Why do we have to pay 3 pounds for maybe a 30 minute appointment? This should be stopped and at least allow a 1 hour fee not this ridiculous amount! I am going to speak to my MP

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 17 August 2016

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns we need further information therefore could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Lynda Wardle gave Rheumatology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Visit Rheumatolgy review

I visited this department on the 16th June 2016 for an annual review, following an illness the previous year.

I was seen by a Rheumatology Nurse who sadly was at a disadvantage as my notes were neither on my file or on the hospital system. They telephoned the consultants secretary to be told my notes had been lost and they could ring my GP and asked for the relevant information to be faxed to them and then emailed to the nurse.

I work for a living and did not have the time to wait and I felt sure that this process would not be quick!

Fortunately for me I am feeling well and other than requesting that my blood pressure was checked I felt it would be best to discharge me and if I had any other problems in the future I would return to my GP.

The consulting room had no BP machine, the nurse asked if another member of staff could do the reading and I was moved into a corridor until someone came along and moved me into a small room.

I felt for the staff who were trying their best, it felt a bit like organised chaos, sorry.

Not a good experience, thankful that hopefully, I do not have a serious condition as I am not confident it would have been addressed.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 17 June 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 June 2016

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

michelle boult gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Colposcopy clinic

Attended this clinic after a abnormal smear result the staff are absolutely fantastic and go above and beyond to make you feel safe and comfortable.
I felt so safe and reassured and was told before they did anything.
Thank you so much for the level of care and respect I received.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

Charlotte Macgregor gave Rheumatology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Doctor had no manners.

I visited a new doctor in rheumatology as my last doctor had left. This doctor had no manners, just fired a load of questions at me, made out I was a liar as I had forgotten one of the tablets I take. They refused me knee steroid injections, claiming they won't help. If they bothered to read my notes, they do provide a little relief from the unending pain in my knees. They told me I had fibromyalgia & simply told me to look on the Internet, no explanations given. They were very abrupt as if I was simply taking up time. They offered no other treatments or help. I thought the NHS was supposed to be compassionate & to try to alleviate pain. What happened to patients choice?

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

FROM THE VILLAGES gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

HAND OPERATION

I attended the hospital for 3 appointments relating to a hand op.
I cannot speak highly enough of the staff, doctor and specialist.
Apps all on time, staff supportive and polite, I was kept well informed at every juncture. I advocate the care from start to finish was 100%, I didn't even lose a day's work and the end result is perfect, hand is repaired, fully functional. A resounding success. Thank you NHS and thanks and best wishes to all the staff at Hartlepool hospital.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 26 May 2016

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 June 2016

lell48 gave Haematology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Respect

Attended Out Patients this afternoon with my husband;The doctor was exceptional ; pleasant polite and very kind to my husband;In these times of turmoil in NHS perhaps people in charge should observe this doctor and treat all patients as they do

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 08 April 2016