University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Appointment times = pointless!

I phoned 111 as my young son was unwell. Given an appointment time of 6pm. He was not seen by anyone until 6.41pm. It seems a waste of time to give appointment times and then not adhere to them. I appreciate more urgent cases may arise however it would be nice of the receptionist to inform you of that when booking in. Whilst sitting in waiting area I noticed spots of blood on the floor, unacceptable! GP was very nice as was receptionist when I asked how much longer I could expect to wait after 30 minutes delay.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 July 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. If you would like to raise concerns to be investigated about your experience please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Certain staff need to learn manners

Attended main x ray dept with my child for an ultrasound. Only had a couple of minutes wait before being taken for the scan. The HCA was very pleasant, but I found the sonographer ignorant. No introduction, never said a word during the procedure, then just walked out leaving the HCA to explain the results would be sent to GP.
Would it not be courteous to introduce yourself and speak to your patients. Without them you wouldn't have a job!
The whole visit took 22 minutes, from entering the car park to returning to the ticket machine, so then we had to pay £3 for going 2 minutes over the 'first 20 minutes free' parking. If you insist on charging for car parking would it not be more appropriate to charge a staggered fee for the length of the visit.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Discusted with the service especially from a top nurse!

I had just returned back from my holiday, and my nephew rang me telling me he needed to go to the urgent care centre in hartlepool as he had burnt his leg and it was very painful and he thought it was becoming infected. So I took him. The receptionist was lovely and took our details and told us to wait in the seating area. We waited for around 20 minutes before we got called in. The nurse that seen to us, was rude from the second we walked through the door. The nurse said that he wasn't due to be seen untill Monday between 4 and 5 for a clinic appointment, which I explained I knew nothing about as I'd just returned from holiday. The nurse asked who I was and I told them I was his auntie. The nurse then continued and asked where his mother was but in a very rude tone of voice and an abrupt manor, I was shocked with the way they were speaking to me, I explained that his mother had passed away 2 weeks ago. The nurse then asked where his father was, and if he had children at home again in a very rude, snotty tone of voice I explained his father had 3 other children at home and was unable to bring him down hence why I was there. I then said to the nurse is he going to get seen to, and they were trying to avoid somebody seeing to my nephew. I then said to the nurse I am shocked at the way your speaking to me in this manner especially with his mam only passing away 2 weeks ago. The nurse then said 'what do you want me to do about that, get my crystal ball out' which I thought was sarcastic and absolutely disgusting!!! From the minute I walked in the room the nurse was very snotty and not attentive one little bit. I left the room furious and crying with anger! Especially about the comment with the crystal ball. I have never been spoke to the way the nurse spoke to me by a health care professional, I've worked with many myself as I was studying mental health nursing at university and I've never whitnessed a health care professional speak to a patient the way they spoke to me! Leaving the room mortified, angry and very upset I asked the receptionist if I could complain about the nurse! The receptionist handed me forms and told me the numbers to ring because There was nobody above the nurse in the building that I could speak to at that point! Which made me even more cross knowing that they were one of the top nurses. The worst part about it is the nurse was speaking to me like that infront of my 11 year old nephew and he was very, very upset about the comment involving his mum. The nurse that dealt with us seriously needs dealing with. I hope to hear back from someone regarding this very soon!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 26 June 2017

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Today - No Sedation

Hi all, I felt like I needed to leave a review as I had spent weeks stressing and worrying about having an endoscopy. Breathing is key! I had no sedation as I didn't like the thought of not really being in control and I can tell you it was over with within 3-4 minutes max. It's true what I've read about the throat spray making you feel like you can't swallow and as though you have a lump in your throat but it's fine and only last 10 mins. Breathing is key! I can't stress that enough, the tube does make you bork and as a result you don't breath but breathing as soon after the bork makes you realise that you can breath, you're fine and not to panic. I breathed throughout through my mouth and other than the odd borking, you do not feel a thing. Although it is not the nicest thing to have done, it's quick, painless and more importantly it is doable. Try not to panic and just keep breathing and it's over with as soon as it starts more or less. The staff are lovely and put you at ease straightaway. Having just literally had it done, I would have it again if needed and although it's not the best way to spend a few minutes it's worth it as you find out the majority of your problems, if any, as soon as it's done. Relieved it's over but the weeks stressing and worrying about having the endoscopy were far worse than the procedure itself 😊 hope this helps!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for your positive comments on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Jillian Polasik gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

day case surgery

I would like to give Hartlepool Hospital well deserved recognition following recent day case surgery to remove my Gallbladder .From entering the Access Lounge at 7.30 am to leaving at 6pm I was put at ease and every step explained.Every member of staff be it receptionist,,nurses and hca in pre op ,surgeon ,aneathetist, theatre staff , nurses in post op recovery ward, to the discharge ward.these same staff were genuinely friendly, helpful and all appeared happy in their job..My dignity was maintained at all times.i would like to mention in particular post op recovery ward and the discharge ward.The care and compassion I received was above and beyond what I have experienced in other hospitals and this in particular prompted me to write this review. My concerns where dealt with promptly and appropriate care was given with the utmost dignity to myself. On leaving the ward I actually hugged the nurse ! No one likes to come into hospital ,but the whole experience was made much nicer by these genuinely caring staff. Thank you Hartlepool Access Lounge ( Day case ).and dept of Surgery.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our service on NHS Choices. Your positive, kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care.

Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Haematology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

out patients haematology

When you attend an appointment you are obviously worried about the outcome of your appointment.The consultant and the staff on duty this afternoon where exceptional they are kind and aware that you may be worried.The staff this afternoon where great and!The consultant was so considerate and helped put my husband at ease:If only there could be more like them and their staff!!many thanks to you all

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 17 March 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 05 April 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Smudger gave Orthopaedics at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Thr & recovery

I had a THR on the 19/02/17 & i have nothing but praise for the treatment i received from all the staff. I`m 74 & this was my first time in a hospital & i was more than a little nervous but i needn`t
have been. Even the food was ok!! A big thank you to all staff on ward 4.

Smudger.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our service on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Jane wilson gave Surgery - Breast at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Breast lump

With a family history of breast cancer I was extremely worried and emotional to find a lump. The nurses, consultants, radiologists and reception staff could not have been kinder. Totally honest and understanding of my worries and concerns. I can not thank them enough

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 23 February 2017

Alison gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service from brilliant staff

I attended hospital yesterday and found every staff member very friendly and attentative. Nothing was too much trouble and I was very impressed. Just like to say a big thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 February 2017

GeorgeP gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Superb hospital

After several visits in the last few months I have often commented to people how good Hartlepool hospital is - well organised, efficient, professional and friendly. Then on 24th January 2017 I was admitted for gall bladder removal. I must say from the moment I entered the Access Lounge right through to being discharged I felt as though I was given VIP treatment. The staff in every area could not have been more welcoming and professional. Congratulations Hartlepool, your staff were "exceptional".

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017