Kent and Canterbury Hospital

01227 766877 Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road , Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG

David Martin gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First Class

Have to say that everyone at this hospital,that i met,are doing a fantastic job
In for a day operation and ifInd it hard to see wher things could have been better
Keep up the good work!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback.

Luis gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Pretty much unorganised

I have been there for more than an hour just waiting to be, when others come after me and go through, and it is not the first time

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

I am very sorry you were left waiting in the clinic. Please do ask to speak to a member of staff to assist you, as you should be informed about any delays and the reason for them.

Jane R. Ludlow gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Walk In Clinic

Thank you to the staff today. Everyone who helped me from the receptionist, triage Nurse to the doctor was kind, respectful and professional.
I am very grateful to them and the NHS for helping me today, it was very busy and I am sure the staff were under pressure but it was a very positive experience.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

I am so pleased to know that your experience was so positive, even when the department was so busy. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our site.

Lisa. gave Neurology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Friendly & Helpful

After a slightly stressful morning 21st March 17 trying to get my father who is 85 and unable to walk to this hospital for his appointment at 9.00 am and arriving slightly late as I was in completely the wrong part of the hospital I was approached by a member of staff who politely asked me if I needed any help, I advised them my father had an appointment with the neurologist, they guided me to the reception desk the lovely receptionist took my fathers details and advised me where we needed to go, thankfully they asked the member of staff if they would help take us to the department and thank goodness they did as Im sure I would have never found it. So I would just like to give a special mention to them, they are an absolute credit to the hospital and made all us laugh with their cheeky personality. Excellent service all round. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

So far so good.

My GP referred me to the ENT department. I was seen at the correct time, given clear directions when leaving the department for a hearing test and to have blood taken prior to arranging an MRI scan. As I was at the hospital for hearing loss, everyone in the ENT department faced me when speaking to me and I didn't have any difficulty understanding anyone. Everyone in all the departments I visited were friendly and helpful. Overall, a better than expected experience having read other reviews. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 01 March 2017

Thank you for your compliment for our ENT staff, particularly how clearly they communicated with you. We are very grateful to you for taking the time to provide such positive feed back for our hospital.

Anonymous gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Despicable

My 91 year old grandmother was admitted by ambulance. When we arrived, we were told we would have to wait for a bed due to them being more busy than usual.
She eventually got a bed but was put in the corridor due to there being no bays available.
It is now 1am and we are still waiting in the corridor next to a set of double doors. The nurses are brilliant and have taken her blood etc but she still has no bay and has not been seen by a doctor. Every so often, one of the doors gets knocked into the back of her bed as someone is walking through them. Which obviously wakes her up.
I know you're busy, but I can't believe we have been here for over two hours now and not even been assigned a bay!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 01 March 2017

I am very sorry to read about your grandmother's experience, I know the department has been very exceptionally busy and this must have been very distressing for her. We will pass your comments on to the department, particularly the feed back regarding the positioning of the bed once one was available.

Mulhuis reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Caring, compassionate and reassuring when trying to allay my fears over eye...

Had a Sunday appointment to see consultant as currently no consultant QEQM. Referred to have cataract surgery. Tuesday received letter for pre-operative assessment on Friday and had surgery on Sunday. Eight days from consultant to surgery. Now I bet that does not make the headlines. 48 hours after surgery I can see better than I have been able for a few years. An enormous heartfelt thank you to all the team from HCA's, to Nurses and consultants. You were caring, compassionate and reassuring when trying to allay my fears over eye surgery. Thank goodness for our wonderful NHS.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 01 March 2017

We are so pleased to know you have experienced such a swift turnaround for your treatment and how well the treatment went for you. Thank you so much for your praise for the staff who cared for you throughout.

Anonymous gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care for my mother

I would like to thank the paramedics and hospital staff who looked after my mother after she was admitted after being taken ill at her home on Friday. I visited her in hospital on Saturday and could see for my self that the staff were very attentive and she was feeling much better with the treatment being given. Once again thank you Canterbury NHS and all the excellent staff.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 20 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 01 March 2017

We are very grateful for your kind feed back on the care your mother received in the hospital. I do hope she is recovering well.

MARTIN EWINS gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My Surgeon

Good evening, I feel compelled to write this review regarding the surgeon I have had the pleasure of being looked after by, the have preformed many surgeries on myself, In 2015 and the most recent being December 2016 and January 2017, they are an absolute credit to the medical profession and have gone out of their way to give me the best treatment there is, I find their manner and professionalism second to none, because of them I now have a working wrist, arm and hand. Also all of the staff involved looking after me in several different hospitals are a credit too, just wished they were really paid what they are worth, many people knock the NHS, I have nothing but praise for them. Regards Martin Ewins

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 February 2017

Dear Mr Ewins
Thank you so much for your lovely posting. I am so pleased that you have been so well looked after by your surgeon as the whole experience must have been very worrying for you. Thank you for taking the trouble to write to us, it is very much appreciated.
I do hope you are recovering well,
Best regards
Sally

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Child health care services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well looked after with attentive staff

The staff were attentive and very kind to my daughter in law and my granddaughter who was referred by our gp with a pyrexia of unknown origin. She was kept in whilst test were done and until her temp came down all very efficient and friendly

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that your daughter in law and grand daughter were well cared for, it must have been a very worrying time for you all.
I do hope she is recovering well,
Best regards