Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

kingson ward

Not enough staff not organized majority of sisters basic nursing is atrocious the young sisters have no clue on how to nurse they are disorganised and spend to much time laughing they avoid general duties the srn you don't see most of the time unless it's a senior Srn the young axillary nurses are a joke patents are left for long periods waiting for bed pans the bells don't get answers and the clenlines of toilets is a disgrace and wards are filthy this wards needs a complete overhaul and staff that can organize and cleaners that clean I'm currently a patient that has had a stroke it is a disgrace.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015

Anonymous gave Phlebotomy at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fabulous phlebotomists

My teenage son, who has severe learning disabilities, had to have a blood test today. He has never had one before; so I was unsure how he would react. I need not have worried, the phlebotomist sought additional support from their colleague (who I think was on their break) and together they gained my son's confidence, allowed him to express his worries and make decisions about using a numbing spray, whether to look or not and plaster versus cotton wool. They took their time and the result was two bottles of blood (very red according to my son), no pain, no bruise, only one tear and a child who bristled with pride at his achievement.

Thank you so much to both of these wonderful ladies. The little things really do make such a difference.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Bonitak gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

Attended for day surgery to my hand on 17th April 2015. I cannot believe that I had such exceptional service, this has not happened in Kent since I returned from living in France in 2008.
The whole team, from my surgeon and anaesthetist to, the so called, bottom rung of the ladder, were utterly, totally fantastic.
Thank you all for making a pretty scary experience so simple. You are all absolute stars and, I thank you all so much.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 20 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Lack of care

Before the procedure the care and attention was good but the nursing care afterwards was non existent.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Anonymous gave Nephrology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

My 91 year old mum was recently taken into Marlowe Ward, she has numerous health problems amongst them being Kidney failure, I could not be more happy with the care she received, the staff seemed very knowledgeable, even though mums pill box seemed to have gone missing, mum knew she had 8 tablets in the morning + others through the day, the Sister in charge checked her notes and confirmed they had indeed got all the information for the tablets my mum had described. The staff were excellent in keeping us informed of mum's progress up to and including mum's discharge, I took the original call in the morning saying mum would be discharged as soon as transport could be arranged, various calls were received during the day with an update including a call about 5pm saying that the transport was due shortly & they had phoned mum's carers to let them know to visit her on or just after 6.30 for her evening visit, I have just received a call at 7.15pm to say mum is 'on her way' this is not really good enough, they have had all day to plan this, I have had to phone the carers myself & luckily they can get someone to my mum at 8.30. Had I been notified of a problem , although I live some 20 miles away & work I could probably have arranged to collect her myself

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Dirty ward. Long wait to see specialist.

Kingston ward had dirty floor and thick dust on curtain rails. When anouther ward had norovirus they panic and came in to clean Kingston. When they moved the bin there was thick dust and dirt behind it. The cleaner also found a medical device which he just put back on the shelf. Also communication was poor and it took a long time for a specialist from anouther area to make there decision. The two stroke consultants gave different diagnosis.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Helen Johnson gave Surgery - Vascular at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kent Ward

I attended your hospital on the 17th Feb, a very traumatized patient, I hate hospitals. Your staff were not only very professional, caring, informative, cheerful, but spoke to you like you mattered to them & nothing was too much trouble. I have never received such good care in a hospital as I did yesterday. I would highly recommend that if any one needs a hospital that they request this one. Thank you to all for the best NHS experience I have ever come across.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Chris Crickmore gave Surgery - Vascular at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kent Ward.

My very nervous first surgical stay in hospital at nearly 60 years old could not have been handled better.All staff encountered were so caring, professional and approachable. A NHS hospital to be proud of and the amazing people who work there.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

David and Pat Harvey gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well done Kent and Canterbury

During the past year my wife has needed to be treated as both an in patient and day patiient at Kent and Canterbury including an emergency admission. More recently I was also an emergency admission resulting in a four day stay for treatment and investigation.
Based on both our experiences we have nothing but praise and admiration for the dedication, attention and couteousnesss extended to us by the frontline medical teams and the support services such as the ambulance and porters. We also found the food to be well cooked, hot and nutrious.
We believe the NHS comes in for much undeserved criticism and do wish critics would broader based judgements on the experiences of the majority rather than just highlighting the complaints of few.
If we have a criticism it relates to our overall view regarding administration where there does seem to be a degree of incompetence and lack of coordination in dealing with patients appointments and circulation of medical history. It does appear from an outsiders perspective that the NHS has been too accommodating in allowing increasing numbers of staff to work on a part time basis which has in effect resulted in increased staffing and use of agency workers with possibly no proportional increase in total hours worked and a consequential deterioration in communication between staff.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Robert Nash reviewed Stroke services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

I was amaized how well I was treated and the kindness shown

The only extra comment I would give is that after stroke clinic poor. Notes not brought up to date as I had had a TIA in Dec 14 but my stroke details had not been added to them. I had a very poor time with the consultant.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 14 April 2015