Kent and Canterbury Hospital

01227 766877 Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road , Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG

Maria gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery ENT

As a first timer being admitted to hospital I can only say what an eye opener it was. From the moment I checked in at 12.00pm the staff were amazing, they were so busy but never failed to offer reassurance to me as I was very anxious. They were looking after pre and post op patients, finding bed spaces on other wards and sorting out medications to take home all with a smile. The surgeon and anethestist were very kind and very informative and the nurse in recovery was simply amazing keeping me calm as I was coming round. There was a long delay in recovery due to lack of bed space in the day surgery but this did not matter as the stafff were so cheerful even though you could see that it had been a long day for them. I had my surgery at 3.00pm and was discharged 8.00pm and the nurses were still looking after patients even though the day hospital closes at 7.30pm and they were still smiling. I personally think that all NHS staff are simply amazing and thank you for looking after us all.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you for highlighting the kindness and efficiency of the staff during a very busy day. I agree that the staff are amazing - it's good to hear that they were still smiling after what must have been a tiring day. I hope that your procedure went well and that you are recovering well.

Patrick Shortall gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Magnificent staff

Had to spend an uncomfortable afternoon in hospital. Made considerably easier by extremely kind, considerate & compassionate staff.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

I am glad to hear that your discomfort was made easier by the kindness of the staff - I hope that all is well for you now.

W.D. gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Excellent in all aspects,i.e. staff,treatment and care.Very well run ward,a credit to the hospital and the Trust.Thank you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you very much for letting us know about this - we are certainly proud of all our staff.

Mr C gave Dermatology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent visit today

car park was clear and the paths gritted after snow and ice, hardly any delay in being seen. Promptly sent for appropriate biopsy and all within 2 hrs of arrival for scheduled appointment. Overall very efficient..

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you for your kind comments - and especially for highlighting that the car park and paths were gritted. I am glad that you were seen quickly and that all the processes were efficient. I hope all goes well for you,

Golfnutter reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Efficient and friendly dermatology clinic

Referred by doctor early Jan 17. Appointment received within 3 days and seen a week later.
Arrived 20 mins before appointment and dealt with straight away. Seen by doctor on time and then waited 10 mins to have a biopsy taken.
In all I was out of the hospital in 35 mins. Fantastic service and every staff member friendly, efficient and very professional.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you so much for letting us know about the prompt service you received. I hope that all is well for you.

SDB reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Visit to Kent and Canterbury radiology department

Visited today for hysterosalpingogram. Felt really nervous. The team were so friendly, kind and gave excellent care. Thank you!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 20 January 2017

It is good to know that the staff were so reassuring and allayed your nerves. Thank you for letting us know about this.

Les Littleton gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Service

I went in to The Day Surgery Centre on the 30/12/16 to have a very large cyst removed from my right testicle. I checked in at 1200 hrs and was picked up at 1740. From my initial check in at reception, till my short stay in the recovery ward, everything was without fault. I was a little apprehensive about going home so early, but eight days on and I have had very little pain, Some discomfort, but to be expected. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank every single member of staff that dealt with me on that day. You are all an absolute credit to your profession. Please make sure this post is seen by all staff involved on that day. Once again, thank you all

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 11 January 2017

Having this procedure done must have made you understandably quite anxious, but thank you for letting us know that you were cared for so well by all the team on the day. I hope that everything is now healing very well and that the discomfort has now gone.

Anonymous gave Nephrology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

high praise for Marlowe Ward.

After suffering complete Renal failure after a minor op in Maidstone I was in Intensive care there for a week being stabilised then I was transferred to Marlowe ward to continue my recovery.Every single member of staff at Marlowe from the Tea person to the top Consultant were absolutely brilliant.The treatment and care they showed was superb.Nothing was too much trouble 24 hours a day.I will remember all of them always with eternal gratitude especially the nurses whose commitment to care and compassion went way above their call of duty. Thank you all very much.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you for your kind comments on the staff om Marlowe ward - I trust that you are now well on the road to a full recovery. Very best wishes.

disappointed1234 reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Patient experience

My daughter visited the ante natal clinic for the first time. Unfortunately her first experience at Canterbury Hospital was marred by the attitude of the receptionist when she booked in. The receptionist completely ignored her for almost 3 minutes, did not even look up from her notes etc. Then when they did look up, they very abruptly asked her for her name and then didn't say anything. It was up to my daughter to ask what she had to do next as this was her first time, the receptionist then pointed out the waiting room. Not a very friendly reception. The same happened when my daughter had finished her appointment and had to check out at the same reception desk, the same receptionist once again took an age before they looked up. I feel that this was not a very nice experience for my daughter in her first stages of pregnancy.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 19 December 2016

I agree with you that this is not the attitude we would expect from our staff. Please convey our sincere apologies to your daughter. This will be escalated to the management team so that they can review the training for the receptionists. I hope your daughter's pregnancy goes to plan and that all goes well.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery Unit

I was admitted for an operation and, as Kent Ward was full, I was taken to the Day Surgery Unit. I was first on the list so didn't have to wait long. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The anaesthetist was informative about my anaesthetic and allowed me to decide on what sort to be given. Every effort was made to make me feel relaxed before it was administered. After the operation, in recovery, I was looked after very well and couldn't fault the whole procedure from beginning to end.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 28 December 2016

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 28 December 2016

Thank you very much for your kind comments about all the staff who cared for you during your day surgery. I am glad that you didn't have to wait too long and that you were kept fully informed during the day. I hope that you are now well on the way to a full recovery.