Kent and Canterbury Hospital

01227 766877 Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road , Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG

MARTIN EWINS gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My Surgeon

Good evening, I feel compelled to write this review regarding the surgeon I have had the pleasure of being looked after by, the have preformed many surgeries on myself, In 2015 and the most recent being December 2016 and January 2017, they are an absolute credit to the medical profession and have gone out of their way to give me the best treatment there is, I find their manner and professionalism second to none, because of them I now have a working wrist, arm and hand. Also all of the staff involved looking after me in several different hospitals are a credit too, just wished they were really paid what they are worth, many people knock the NHS, I have nothing but praise for them. Regards Martin Ewins

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Chief Nurse and Director Of Quality, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 February 2017

Dear Mr Ewins
Thank you so much for your lovely posting. I am so pleased that you have been so well looked after by your surgeon as the whole experience must have been very worrying for you. Thank you for taking the trouble to write to us, it is very much appreciated.
I do hope you are recovering well,
Best regards
Sally

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Child health care services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Well looked after with attentive staff

The staff were attentive and very kind to my daughter in law and my granddaughter who was referred by our gp with a pyrexia of unknown origin. She was kept in whilst test were done and until her temp came down all very efficient and friendly

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased that your daughter in law and grand daughter were well cared for, it must have been a very worrying time for you all.
I do hope she is recovering well,
Best regards
Sally

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Needs a good clean

I visit this hospital regularly. I am very dissatisfied at the cleanliness of the female toilets throughout the hospital. The female toilets in outpatient are a health risk to all patients.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hospital

I would recommend this hospital to anyone. I have attended on a few occasions and I am always seen on time. Medical professionals are always courteous and caring. Parking can be a problem so arrive in plenty of time and have a coffee. New booking in system is great. Appointments can be cancelled two or three times by the hospital but stick with it as u do get good care when you do get there.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Margaret Restall gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have been ill for a long time but the doctors and staff 'took me apart' to find out what was wrong with me. The prescription I was given is actually working and I can feel some life coming back to me! I watched them all day and how they never stopped, how they work so hard and are so dedicated! 12 x hour shifts!! How many of us would work those hours? They are worth their weight in gold! They are a professional body dedicated to helping sick people. And should be given all the respect due to them.

So my grateful thanks to all of you from beginning to end.

Regards
Maggie

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

UCC outstanding and very friendly staff

Took my friend to the urgent care centre tonight after she was in really bad pain and discomfort. Waited no longer than 30 minutes in the minor injuries section. Was seen by a friendly nurse practionioner who gave my friend pain relief and was very helpful in giving a diagnosis to her problem. Would highly recommend to all as it's better than going and waiting for hours in the main A&E units at Ashford and Margate.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

So far so good.

My GP referred me to the ENT department. I was seen at the correct time, given clear directions when leaving the department for a hearing test and to have blood taken prior to arranging an MRI scan. As I was at the hospital for hearing loss, everyone in the ENT department faced me when speaking to me and I didn't have any difficulty understanding anyone. Everyone in all the departments I visited were friendly and helpful. Overall, a better than expected experience having read other reviews. Nothing to complain about whatsoever.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Can't get to speak to anyone from maxillio facial

I had to wait 8 months to be referred by my dentist for a cyst and wisdom tooth to be removed, then when I had surgery maxillio said they see me in 6 months time, mean while after 4 weeks after surgery I still have an open hole and an infection, tried to get hold of maxillio department and it goes to voicemail then I get cut off so I had to go to dental line, I'm not happy that I can't get to speak to anyone!!!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Maria gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery ENT

As a first timer being admitted to hospital I can only say what an eye opener it was. From the moment I checked in at 12.00pm the staff were amazing, they were so busy but never failed to offer reassurance to me as I was very anxious. They were looking after pre and post op patients, finding bed spaces on other wards and sorting out medications to take home all with a smile. The surgeon and anethestist were very kind and very informative and the nurse in recovery was simply amazing keeping me calm as I was coming round. There was a long delay in recovery due to lack of bed space in the day surgery but this did not matter as the stafff were so cheerful even though you could see that it had been a long day for them. I had my surgery at 3.00pm and was discharged 8.00pm and the nurses were still looking after patients even though the day hospital closes at 7.30pm and they were still smiling. I personally think that all NHS staff are simply amazing and thank you for looking after us all.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 12 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

Thank you for highlighting the kindness and efficiency of the staff during a very busy day. I agree that the staff are amazing - it's good to hear that they were still smiling after what must have been a tiring day. I hope that your procedure went well and that you are recovering well.

Patrick Shortall gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Magnificent staff

Had to spend an uncomfortable afternoon in hospital. Made considerably easier by extremely kind, considerate & compassionate staff.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 18 January 2017

I am glad to hear that your discomfort was made easier by the kindness of the staff - I hope that all is well for you now.