Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Lynne frackleton gave Oncology - Medical at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Braebourne ward

My mum spent a lot of time on Braebourne ward as an inpatient this year. The staff went above and beyond there job role to look after her, even towards the end if her life at the beginning of this week.
All staff from domestic, clerical, HCAs, nurses and doctors were fantastic, making my mums final days comfortable and without wanting for anything and pain free.
Thank you so much for all you have done, we really appreciate it.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident & Emergency

To the wonderful team that looked after my lovely mum in the early hours of 15th June 2015, and throughout the day, and gave us such empathic support and to the amazing doctor that looked after her with such respect, feeling and dignity. Thank you so much for trying your utmost to make her better. You made the worst ever time better than it could have been and respected our need to be with her over and above procedures. As a qualified nurse myself I could not fault the treatment from nurses and medics involved. You enabled us to say goodbye to our most amazing mum and nan whilst she was in the CDU and respected our privacy. I hope the doctor knows who they are they were incredibly special.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Em1983 reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Kent & Canterbury Dolphin Ward

I was hugely impressed by all the staff at the hospital, you are all doing an amazing job! ... The porters were kind and cheerful, nothing seemed too much of an effort, the anaesthetist was lovely and explained everything with care and empathy, the surgical nurse was lovely and got a well deserved hug from my niece who had her squint surgery, but the staff nurse on the the Dolphin Ward was fantastic! The student was amazing on Dolphin Ward and I'm sure she will go on to have a very successful career in Nursing! .. But I was most impressed and could not be most grateful for her kind caring nature, and the support she showed not just to my family but all the families on the Dolphin Ward was Deputy Ward Manager, Tracey Bond. (I so hope I got her name right). Please pass on my thanks to this special lady. Nothing seemed too much troble for her! What an amazing Nurse!

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 24 June 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Jacqueline de Marign gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Please keep the in house GP Service at te hospital

Yesterday I had to go to the 'Emergency' department of the hospital as I had developed severe abdominal pain. I was spoken to in the Reception area and the Receptionist explained they did not have a full A and E service, but I would see the hospital GP.
After a very short wait a Doctor took me into an office, took a very detailed history, discussed many related health issues, and finally did an examination.

This doctor became concerned that a pulse in my abdomen could possibly be an aneurism, and explained this had to be investigated at once.

They said they would talk to the Vascular Registrar on duty, and in a few minutes a charming surgeon examined me, and was so kind and reassuring.

Within half an hour I had a scan, and was told that the aorta was normal, no problem.

I still have to have an investigation about the pain in the lower abdomen, but the diligence the GP showed was excellent.

They explained that they were not going to be in that post for much longer due to funding cuts.

I was shocked, as this doctor could have saved my life if the outcome had been a positive.

This doctor's role saves the other areas of hospital work much time, as they can channel their expertise to the right department.

This is my third experience of treatment in Canterbury hospital, and it is wonderful.

If the GP reads this I want to thank them so much, and hope somehow the decision to stop the funding is reconsidered.

Jacqueline

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 25 June 2015

Anonymous reviewed Pain Management at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

The Pain Clinic

I am writing these comments/complaints on behalf of and with first hand knowledge of my partners predicament, and most importantly with her consent.
Her name is Mrs Jane Elizabeth C. She is enrolled onto the pain management department and see's members of staff within the pain clinic team. Mrs C is waiting for an epidural injection procedure, which she has been having over a number of years for the severe pain which she has to endure every day of her life. she used to have the treatment around 3 times a year and it certainly gave her a reasonable quality of life with the pain relief which she gained from such treatment.
the last time she received the treatment which was given by the doctor was the 23rd May 2014. She was informed last year that due to cut-backs within the N.H.S. that she would probably not be able to sustain the level of injections she was getting pre 2014,but that she could probably expect to have the treatment around every 12 months.
After many appointments With the two members of the pain clinic and being told time after time that she (Mrs C) would be on the waiting list. Seeing my dear friend deteriorate day by day and being more and more confined to her home, and getting extremely depressed with the constant pain. I (Mr John S) have decided that I feel something more should be done to try and get Mrs C plight brought to the attention of the authorities in the hope that someone somewhere within the N.H.S. system can help her. A personal view is that although the cost of the epidural ( I believe it to be in the region of £1.200. is quite considerable that the cost of her visits to the pain clinic, which I believe to be around 10 in the last 12 months would amount to, at a guess, probably more. All I can ask at the end of this letter/plea is for someone to understand Mrs C plight and put her forward for another epidural treatment. so as to give her some relief from her persistent extreme pain please.

I would just like to finish by saying that in no way is this a complaint of the consultancy given by the doctor.

Yours Sincerely

John S

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 27 June 2015

daniel baker gave Neurology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

treble ward very good

i have been on treble ward twice in past three mths .very good personal care ,polite freindly staff .very good with people learning disabilty .i had very good stay at this hosptial and would recommed it to any one.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Tamsyn gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attentive nurses day and night

I must leave a review here, because the care I recieved in Clarke Ward in June 2015 was brilliant. I was unfortunately an inpatient over the weekend as a result of a kidney stone.
The staff managed my pain levels very well, and kept my sickness in check too- something that took the emergency care centre 2 hours to get under control (this department is not so great).
In Clarke Ward, they all know their stuff, but are also human beings, and are very reassuring and empathetic.
The care is continued with the kitchen staff who come round 5 times a day with food and drink, cleaning staff, and student nurses who are also very attentive, and will go out of their way to help with anything, and nurses that do your regular observations are polite and caring professionals too.
The consultant I saw each morning with a team of doctors, took the time to listen to my case, examine me properly, and discuss the options thoroughly, and in good humour, (this goes a long way!)
Finally on Sunday, the stone passed, and was identified quickly by the consultant, with a follow up appointment booked in for 4-6 weeks.
I left to a cheery goodbye from all of the staff.
All I can do is thank you all for your care and support during a difficult time, and rest in the comfort of knowing if I ever have the misfortune of needing urology help again, Clarke ward is never too far away.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Anonymous reviewed Dentistry and Orthodontics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

How do you contact Canterbury Hospital!?

We've been trying to speak to someone at Maxillofacial all day . Hospital Outpatients number rings and rings. Outpatient appointments; you're always fifth in line! Number given for Maxillo facial on the hospital automated service is 7 digits and not recognised.
My poor husband had half a wisdom tooth removed three weeks ago and having been referred to this illusive department now has to wait in considerable discomfort until we are contacted to have the rest removed.
At the moment this service leaves a lot to be desired.
In order to complete this feedback I have had to say when we visited but the hospital. He hasn't yet.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Love-Lee gave Pain Management at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

What a wonderful Cronic Pain Team

I have been involved with the Chronic Pain Team for over 5 years and have a very friendly first name base with all of the small team.

The waiting list is a little longer than I would like, however, the team are small but also very professional.

I have always received excellent service/s, and without this team of experts, I don't know what I would do. I have been looked after very well, and the team need a lot more praise than is given.. (It's upsetting to read negative comments from people).

If I were able to give a few hours of my time to help with fund raising or helping out, I would be first in the queue.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 09 May 2015

joy Marsden reviewed Ophthalmology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Praise and complaint

I had to visit the ophthalmic out patient dept of kent @Canterbury hospital on 28th April this year. Apart from having to wait over an hour to be seen, once I was seen the nurse was quick, efficient polite and very helpful. The Dr. I saw was the same. My problem is I need to contact this dept and would like to do it by email but nowhere can I find an email address. In this day and age I would have thought that this was far more efficient to communicate with emails than phone calls as there were no chance of misunderstandings when it's in writing. I also do not access to a phone readily.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015