Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Love-Lee gave Pain Management at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

What a wonderful Cronic Pain Team

I have been involved with the Chronic Pain Team for over 5 years and have a very friendly first name base with all of the small team.

The waiting list is a little longer than I would like, however, the team are small but also very professional.

I have always received excellent service/s, and without this team of experts, I don't know what I would do. I have been looked after very well, and the team need a lot more praise than is given.. (It's upsetting to read negative comments from people).

If I were able to give a few hours of my time to help with fund raising or helping out, I would be first in the queue.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 09 May 2015

joy Marsden reviewed Ophthalmology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Praise and complaint

I had to visit the ophthalmic out patient dept of kent @Canterbury hospital on 28th April this year. Apart from having to wait over an hour to be seen, once I was seen the nurse was quick, efficient polite and very helpful. The Dr. I saw was the same. My problem is I need to contact this dept and would like to do it by email but nowhere can I find an email address. In this day and age I would have thought that this was far more efficient to communicate with emails than phone calls as there were no chance of misunderstandings when it's in writing. I also do not access to a phone readily.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Invicta wards wonderful treatment of my mother.

My 85 year old mother was taken into hospital by ambulance very ill with a life limiting lung desease. The ambulance crew were kind and professional. All her treatment as she was assessed by doctors and cared for by the nursing staff couldn't be faulted and my father who was very stressed was treated with great kindness. Mum spent a few hours on CDU and was then moved to Invicta ward the staff were brilliant from the doctors to the cleaners we cannot find a bad word to say. We knew mums condition was serious it was finally broken to us that no more could be done and keeping mum out of pain and comfortable was the only option. We meet the palliative care team and options discussed, mum was happy to stay on the ward as she felt safe and well looked after. Mum could not have been given better care and we as a family have been supported and helped through what has been a very difficult and heartbreaking experience.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 05 May 2015

Anonymous gave Phlebotomy at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

fabulous phlebotomists

My teenage son, who has severe learning disabilities, had to have a blood test today. He has never had one before; so I was unsure how he would react. I need not have worried, the phlebotomist sought additional support from their colleague (who I think was on their break) and together they gained my son's confidence, allowed him to express his worries and make decisions about using a numbing spray, whether to look or not and plaster versus cotton wool. They took their time and the result was two bottles of blood (very red according to my son), no pain, no bruise, only one tear and a child who bristled with pride at his achievement.

Thank you so much to both of these wonderful ladies. The little things really do make such a difference.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 09 April 2015

Bonitak gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

Attended for day surgery to my hand on 17th April 2015. I cannot believe that I had such exceptional service, this has not happened in Kent since I returned from living in France in 2008.
The whole team, from my surgeon and anaesthetist to, the so called, bottom rung of the ladder, were utterly, totally fantastic.
Thank you all for making a pretty scary experience so simple. You are all absolute stars and, I thank you all so much.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 20 April 2015

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lack of concern.

I am a 79 year old retired Brit living in Spain. I have an 18 year old Granddaughter who lives in your area. She has, for a long time suffered with endometriosis and for the past month has ben losing blood from her back passage. She has been put onto a waiting list for an MRI scan and a colonoscopy. Can you imagine her distress her anxiety at having to wait for such serious diagnostic tests? Here in Spain all diagnostic tests are carried out speedily with NO waiting lists. My Granddaughter hopes to start at Canterbury university in September where she has already been assured a place. A.discharge of blood from ones rear can be an indication of one of many serious problems so why the wait.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 26 April 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Emily gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Endocrinology appointment disaster

Awful appointment. My first appointment was great. It was private, to get me in the system and then I transferred back over to NHS. I was waiting for this appointment for approximately 8 weeks. The consultant (same as my private) did not have my scan with them.They hadn't re-read my notes since my last appointment, and they hadn't done any of the things they said they would last time- including forwarding all my information over to Kings in London to ask for an opinion on a timescale for surgery. Furthermore, the consultant appeared to have forgotten everything they said to my mother and I last time, including my diagnosis. The consultant practically gave me a new diagnosis, despite not having my scan up on their computer. When I questioned them and said that this is what they thought last time and then they saw my scan and concluded it was definitely a tumour, they batted me off. I am now waiting for another MRI (despite ringing up about a month ago to ask whether I needed another one) and am no further in my treatment than when I was diagnosed in January! Absolutely appalling, and I am now going to have to pay for another private appointment.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 28 April 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

kingson ward

Not enough staff not organized majority of sisters basic nursing is atrocious the young sisters have no clue on how to nurse they are disorganised and spend to much time laughing they avoid general duties the srn you don't see most of the time unless it's a senior Srn the young axillary nurses are a joke patents are left for long periods waiting for bed pans the bells don't get answers and the clenlines of toilets is a disgrace and wards are filthy this wards needs a complete overhaul and staff that can organize and cleaners that clean I'm currently a patient that has had a stroke it is a disgrace.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 19 April 2015

Anonymous reviewed Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Lack of care

Before the procedure the care and attention was good but the nursing care afterwards was non existent.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 21 March 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Contacting Hospital Departments

Find it frustrating and almost impossible to get through to any department in the hospital. The switchboard number is very often not answered and when you are put through the phone either rings and never gets picked up or it goes dead. Why aren't the secretaries' numbers listed so at least you can leave a message.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 April 2015