Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Mike gave Dermatology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good !

Good quick service, friendly staff, treated well. Good work.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 August 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter George Shaw gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit on8/9 August 2014

I wish to record my satisfaction with the treatment I received during this short stay and the consultations at the hospital that preceded it. Everything was very thorough; the staff were courteous and helpful and above all they worked really hard under what seemed to me to be great pressure. I was kept well-informed of the medical procedures involved and felt very confident of the eventual outcome.

I am of an age that recalls the creation of the NHS and know what preceded it - a situation were many people just could not afford healthcare. (Fortunately I had prudent parents who managed to afford healthcare, but not without sacrifice.) It is pity that many, amongst, I think, younger generations, take the service for granted and expect everything as an immediate right.

But I digress. The staff were wonderful and in that I would like also to thank the Ambulance staff who took me to hospital.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 10 August 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Trevor Phillips gave Minor Injuries Unit - Buckland Hospital - Dover at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fracture Clinic - Minor Injuries Unit

Recently had a bad experience at The William Harvey Hospital following a motorcycle accident - referred to Kent & Canterbury by GP
No waiting time.
Assessed situation quickly and professionally.
Full aftercare plan put in place.
Excellent care and 'bedside manner'.
Impressed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 July 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

steve woods gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a short visit

I had an appointment for a spinal injection at the Day surgery and from the moment i arrived at reception i was impressed with the cleanliness and brightness of the building,from the moment i reported at reception i was met by friendliness and courtesy by the staff,from the receptionist to the team that did the procedure.I have to say i have never been put at so much ease by hospital staff.As for the procedure itself and the after care ,have to say it was exemplary.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I not happy

I came to you for a day surgary on the 19th June 2014 to have my 5 baby teeth out I went to densit he said he not happy with you lot you left my mouth in the mess you didn't tight my chain up and u didn't give me anyone cleaning product

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 01 July 2014

Anonymous gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Care on Clarke Ward

My husband was admitted at the end of June for a planned prostate operation, this was his second admission to this ward and the care of the nursing staff is second to none. The ward is bright and cheerful and very clean.

My only negative comments are the lack of communication between medical staff, where his previous sprained knee was quoted as a broken ankle, and the total lack of any bedside manor of his consultant. The surgeon may be an excellent, but their people skills are non-existant.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 22 July 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E

My Mother who is 73yrs old was taken to Kent and Canterbury A&E last night 2/6/2014 suffering from severe stomach pain. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and was called by the paramedics who took her to the hospital. She arrived there around 8:30pm my mother was left to wander the unit in pain until 3am when she was given some pain relief which enabled her to settle on a bed she was then woken at 5am and asked how quickly she could leave and go home they sent her home in a taxi.
My mother called me at 6am very upset and distressed she feels that once the doctor and nurses found out about her diagnosis of vascular dementia everything changed and no one was interested in the fact she was bleeding when she had a bowel movement and in severe pain. The doctor kept asking her the date time and who was prime minister.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colposcopy KCH

I have recently attended the above dept for a LLETZ procedure. The consultant explained what he proposed to do and gave me time to ask questions, before hand. The 2 members of Nursing Staff were brilliant at reassuring me (I was terrified!) and kept checking I was OK throughout the procedure. I am extremely grateful for their care and concern and would recommend this unit. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this such a positive experience!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 02 June 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Lucy Crawford gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Will never return to out-of-hours

I have recently moved to the area and have unfortunately not been able to register with a doctors yet. I suffer from extreme hay fever and was forced to make an emergency appointment as I needed a prescription from a doctor. I was asked if I had ever taken 'Acrivastine' which I thought I hadn't. I have been on steroid injections, high dosages of antihistamines, steroid nose sprays, 2 types of eye drops etc etc. So you can understand my horror to find out that I had been prescribed benedryl. Benedryl - An over the counter low dosage medication that cost me more in prescription than if I had gone out and purchased them myself. The department will be hearing from me and I expect an explanation as to why my symptoms and past medication were not taken into consideration when prescribing.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 13 June 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Shirley Campbell gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The whole emergency service.

From the lady on the 999 telephone, Paramedic, Ambulance Crew A&E Doctors Nurses and Staff to the Doctors Nurses and Staff in the Emergency Care Centre ward thank you all for your excellence.
I was attended to in A&E with first class attention and promptness sent to the Emergency Care Centre Ward where the attention and treatment was first class and excellence also. .
I hope all the relevant people above get my thanks and gratitude to know what a good job they all do.
Excellence Excellence.
We should all be proud of our NHS

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 29 June 2014