Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Anonymous gave Nephrology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

very bad experience!

where to start! I would recommend that anyone avoids this hospital. It is not a good place and I have stayed in it a fair few times. The wards are filthy - the bathrooms are so grotty you fear what you might catch! On one occasion there was actually all 3 of the ward bathrooms out of order - and no urgency to fix any of them! The nurses, in general, don't seem very compassionate. They seem generally patronising to patients calling older people by their first names and not answering their call bells until it's 'too late'. There are a couple of good units in the hospital - the cardiac unit is one. But many of the others are poor - the renal unit for instance. Many of the doctors do not speak adequate English and put you as a patient at risk due to poor communication. More worrying, when I have discussed such awful incidences with nursing staff - they have agreed with me! Avoid!

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 21 April 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatients appointments

And still it goes on. Further to my review left on 17 March I eventually had an MRI scan on 24 March after leaving my review and writing to the Chief Executive again. I am still waiting for an appointment to see my consultant and nobody is responding to my phone calls and emails. I have left 3 messages for the PET and sent them 2 emails, but no response and this is the team who are supposed to assist patients who are having problems. It has now been 7 months since I was referred to this hospital and I still have no diagnosis or treatment. I have asked for a copy of their complaints procedure, but I doubt I will receive that.

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 17 April 2014

David gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology

I would like to say how happy I was with the treatment I received during my
Short stay in your hospital. The consultant and his team were very professional
In giving me information on the procedure and after they gave me advice which
Eased my mind. Inpatient January 2014

Would highly recommend again

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 15 April 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Sarah-Jane gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I had a laparoscopy on 10/4/14 at Canterbury day surgery

I cannot thank the staff enough. They were so friendly and caring. They took great care of me and checked on me regulary to make sure I was ok. I was offered food and cups of tea after my operation. i was really nervous at first but they soon made me feel relaxed. I don't have anything negative to say. I would recommend Canterbury day surgery to all.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 13 April 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Patient experince - opthalmology

I saw 3 medical staff plus the consultant.
1 of the medical staff was condescending and rude- I am old not deaf or simple- she shouted rather than spoke, was abrupt and talked about me rather than to me. It made me feel very worthless. I understand that staff see a lot of patients but we are people not numbers
The other 2 staff and the consultant were fine

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 04 April 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Lisa Bennett gave General Surgery at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very Good Care

I have just had surgery to remove my gallbladder as a day surgery patient on Kent Ward. I was extremely nervous as it was my first operation, but the staff were so positive and friendly it really relaxed me, they all enjoyed a laugh and a joke which helped my nerves a lot.
I didn't wait too long for the surgeon to come and chat with me about the op, followed soon after by the anaesthetist.
Ward staff were helpful in finding out when I was going to theatre, the porter was very funny and made my trip down to theatre a pleasant journey, not the scary journey i was expecting.
I woke up after the op and was taken back to the ward, offered food and drink and pain relief, half hourly obs, and given time to recover at my own pace.

I wouldve liked to have seen the surgeon or consultant afterwards to know how it had been, and i wasn't given any information as to when or how I will get a check up, so this is an area to be improved on, as I have no idea about my diet now so have had to look it up online.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 30 March 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Malcolm Beacock gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Would not get better treatment in Harley Street !

Everybody I came in contact with first class in everyway, from reception to Surgeon

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 25 March 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Carpall Tunnel Clinic

I cannot recommend the Clinic highly enough. The treaent received is of the very highest standard and dedication to the patient. It really is a credit to the NHS that the have funded this Clinic and research onto the problem. It appears that the doctor has accumulated a data base of over 42,000 patients providing compelling evidence for the treatments for this debilitating problem. For once we appear to have one of the best treatment centres located in our area. The treatment I have received is absolutely first class.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 24 March 2014

Len gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prostate operation on Clarke Ward

I had to have a prostate operation on 31st January 2014 this was carried out on Clarke Ward. From my admission and right through my stay on the ward the care I was given was excellent. The team for my operation led by the surgeon were very informative and made me feel relaxed which was really appreciated. The Doctors , Nurses and all the staff on this ward worked really hard and nothing was too much trouble for them they made my stay really comfortable. The whole team are a real credit to Kent and Canterbury Hospital. If I had to back into hospital on Clarke Ward I would return with confidence knowing I would be well cared. Once again many thanks

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 18 March 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatients appointments are appaling

Further to my review posted on 2 December 2013, I am still awaiting an outpatients appointment to see my consultant. I was seen by someone on 13 November 2012 and referred for an ultrasound scan which I eventually had on 19 December after raising my concerns with the Chief Executive. I was found to have a lump in my throat and the ultrasound technician said that he would recommend an MR1 scan to my consultant. To date some 3 months later, I have heard nothing despite telephone calls and messages left and 2 letters of complaint. I have received one call from PET apologising for the delays, but no appointment. Obviously I am very concerned, but nobody else seems to be. What on earth am I supposed to do!

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 17 March 2014