Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Clare Hudson gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nothing but praise and thanks

I had my gall bladder removed last Thursday afternoon, admitted to Kent Ward as a day patient. I was admitted at 12.00 mid-day, had the operation at 2pm, was back on the ward by 4.30pm and went home at 8pm. The staff were considerate and courteous and I think it was obvious when I went down to theatre that I was a bit apprehensive. All the staff - even down to the gentleman that wheeled me down to theatre - were reassuring and caring. Thank you. The operation went well and a week later, after keyhole surgery, I am up and about and practically back to normal. Eating normally and having no adverse side effects. Having moved to the area only recently I am completely happy to know that K&C is our local hospital and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Thank you to all the staff involved in my operation and care both before and afterwards.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Raymond Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted with lung infection

My wife Margaret aged 82 was admitted on 7.11.14 to the CDU with a lung infection.She was treated by all staff members from admittance to discharge on the following afternoon with the best of care and the total sympathy and professionalism possible.My wife and I cannot thank these wonderful staff members of all ranks enough.If only the critics of our hospitals could only be made to work under the same demands and pressures their opinions might change to a more appreciative view.Arrangements were made for a scan to be carried out at William Harvey Hospital and once again we we treated with the care and total professionalism on Tuesday 11.11.14 of the staff of the Nuclear Medicine Unit.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Poor care over the weekend

My elderly aunt could have gone home on Friday but for mobility treatment. This was not available at all on Sat or Sun, and so she was forced to stay in hospital.

No attempt was made to get her up and out of bed, even though this is a basic component of medical training.

The idea that medical treatment is only available on week days is absurd and, in this case, upsetting and degrading. It should be provided. It should be blindingly obvious that sickness and wellness takes little notice of the days of the week.

The hospital should urgently review its protocols.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 01 November 2014

mike clark gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prostate surgery

All round the stafff were fantastic in every way
O nloy observation is that after prostate surgery some advice on practical issues such as how to deal with leakages would have been good

But can't fault any of the staff who were cheerful,helpful and sensitive to us as individuals

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

don't get old no one cares

My mum has been in hospital again and again due to falling she has had bleeds on the brain and has dizziness all the time she was in cdu after a fall she has a black eye and full of bruises. She said she feels UN well and what's to go into care as she feels scared to be at home. But all the doctors said was she is safe to go home . After I complained they called social services in . And they also said she wasn't bad enough she could go home. She is now at home and scared to move and is sleeping in her chair. Because she is afraid of falling.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 20 October 2014

Anonymous gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellence & Profesional

I have been receiving treatment for a urology disorder for some considerable time during 2014, in every visit i have made to the Clarke ward i have been treated very well. At no time was / have i ever felt uneasy afraid or alarmed, my treatment has and still is totally professional and would recommend anyone with the same condition to go to the whole team at Kent & Canterbury Hospital. mine (or me) seemed to be a challenging problem but due to the excellence of the surgical team and the excellence of all the nursing team i have made great inroads to recovery, i think i have one more visit to outpatients and if all is well i will be discharged. i would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has had a hand in my treatment and recovery program. My condition means at some point in the future i may have more treatment but if i get that treatment at Kch i will have every confidence and faith. All members of the Clarke surgical and nursing teams thankyou

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 27 October 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anne B gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My Visit to Day surgrey

I went to day surgery today being the 17th of September I was extremely pleased at home my procedure went it was injections in my tummy hurt like u know what. staff in the unit were lovely. couldn't have asked for a better service why cant the Harvey be like this.

im 9mth after my hysterectomy and today is the first day I feel good apart from the dizziness.

Thanks Canterbury hospital much loved the way u took care of me gave me something to eat and drink was so sweet of the nurses to look after me the way they did

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Clare Hudson gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

All seemed good

Was transferred to A&E from my GP's surgery by ambulance - suffering from low chest pain/high abdominal pain. I couldn't have been treated with more care and concern.
Once at the hospital I had various tests - the final outcome of which was the findings of severe gall stones. I was kept in overnight to ensure chest pains didn't recur, despite the fact that I'd had an ECG and chest scan - they were being very thorough, for which I can only be grateful. I have been referred to a consultant to discuss gall bladder removal. Was very happy with my treatment by all staff throughout this experience. Having only recently moved to the area, I'm really quite reassured that hospital care is good should it be needed again in the future.

My only very slight niggle is that once the doc had done his morning rounds and said I could go home - it then took 5 hours for me to receive my discharge letter - the information had not been passed on to the ward staff. So better communication there would have been good. But that's OK next time (after I'm given my day for the operation) I'll ensure that nursing staff are aware when I'm fit to leave!!

Thank you to all the staff - they had some trying patients on their hands and they were all exemplary from what I saw.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Mike gave Dermatology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good !

Good quick service, friendly staff, treated well. Good work.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 August 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter George Shaw gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit on8/9 August 2014

I wish to record my satisfaction with the treatment I received during this short stay and the consultations at the hospital that preceded it. Everything was very thorough; the staff were courteous and helpful and above all they worked really hard under what seemed to me to be great pressure. I was kept well-informed of the medical procedures involved and felt very confident of the eventual outcome.

I am of an age that recalls the creation of the NHS and know what preceded it - a situation were many people just could not afford healthcare. (Fortunately I had prudent parents who managed to afford healthcare, but not without sacrifice.) It is pity that many, amongst, I think, younger generations, take the service for granted and expect everything as an immediate right.

But I digress. The staff were wonderful and in that I would like also to thank the Ambulance staff who took me to hospital.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 10 August 2014