Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Anonymous gave Nephrology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

My 91 year old mum was recently taken into Marlowe Ward, she has numerous health problems amongst them being Kidney failure, I could not be more happy with the care she received, the staff seemed very knowledgeable, even though mums pill box seemed to have gone missing, mum knew she had 8 tablets in the morning + others through the day, the Sister in charge checked her notes and confirmed they had indeed got all the information for the tablets my mum had described. The staff were excellent in keeping us informed of mum's progress up to and including mum's discharge, I took the original call in the morning saying mum would be discharged as soon as transport could be arranged, various calls were received during the day with an update including a call about 5pm saying that the transport was due shortly & they had phoned mum's carers to let them know to visit her on or just after 6.30 for her evening visit, I have just received a call at 7.15pm to say mum is 'on her way' this is not really good enough, they have had all day to plan this, I have had to phone the carers myself & luckily they can get someone to my mum at 8.30. Had I been notified of a problem , although I live some 20 miles away & work I could probably have arranged to collect her myself

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 16 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Dirty ward. Long wait to see specialist.

Kingston ward had dirty floor and thick dust on curtain rails. When anouther ward had norovirus they panic and came in to clean Kingston. When they moved the bin there was thick dust and dirt behind it. The cleaner also found a medical device which he just put back on the shelf. Also communication was poor and it took a long time for a specialist from anouther area to make there decision. The two stroke consultants gave different diagnosis.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Helen Johnson gave Surgery - Vascular at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kent Ward

I attended your hospital on the 17th Feb, a very traumatized patient, I hate hospitals. Your staff were not only very professional, caring, informative, cheerful, but spoke to you like you mattered to them & nothing was too much trouble. I have never received such good care in a hospital as I did yesterday. I would highly recommend that if any one needs a hospital that they request this one. Thank you to all for the best NHS experience I have ever come across.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Chris Crickmore gave Surgery - Vascular at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kent Ward.

My very nervous first surgical stay in hospital at nearly 60 years old could not have been handled better.All staff encountered were so caring, professional and approachable. A NHS hospital to be proud of and the amazing people who work there.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

glenn stone gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Fantastic service

Attended Canterbury Hospital today for a small interventional radiology procedure. I was called exactly at the time specified for my appointment, the clinical staff were helpful and happy and went to great lengths to explain what they were going to do. The facilities were spotlessly clean and very modern. The procedure was quick and painless.

I could not fault the entire procedure. They were just perfect !

Although it has become sort of "fashionable" to knock the NHS, I am sure I could not have received better treatment anywhere in the World. Thank you !

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 27 January 2015

Anonymous gave at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Feedback

Took my son into minor injuries department after being refered by doctor, the nurses were fantastic . Couldn't fault them at all! Yes there was a little wait but they were lovely! turned out my son had fractured His arm!

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 01 February 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Clare Hudson gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nothing but praise and thanks

I had my gall bladder removed last Thursday afternoon, admitted to Kent Ward as a day patient. I was admitted at 12.00 mid-day, had the operation at 2pm, was back on the ward by 4.30pm and went home at 8pm. The staff were considerate and courteous and I think it was obvious when I went down to theatre that I was a bit apprehensive. All the staff - even down to the gentleman that wheeled me down to theatre - were reassuring and caring. Thank you. The operation went well and a week later, after keyhole surgery, I am up and about and practically back to normal. Eating normally and having no adverse side effects. Having moved to the area only recently I am completely happy to know that K&C is our local hospital and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Thank you to all the staff involved in my operation and care both before and afterwards.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Raymond Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted with lung infection

My wife Margaret aged 82 was admitted on 7.11.14 to the CDU with a lung infection.She was treated by all staff members from admittance to discharge on the following afternoon with the best of care and the total sympathy and professionalism possible.My wife and I cannot thank these wonderful staff members of all ranks enough.If only the critics of our hospitals could only be made to work under the same demands and pressures their opinions might change to a more appreciative view.Arrangements were made for a scan to be carried out at William Harvey Hospital and once again we we treated with the care and total professionalism on Tuesday 11.11.14 of the staff of the Nuclear Medicine Unit.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Poor care over the weekend

My elderly aunt could have gone home on Friday but for mobility treatment. This was not available at all on Sat or Sun, and so she was forced to stay in hospital.

No attempt was made to get her up and out of bed, even though this is a basic component of medical training.

The idea that medical treatment is only available on week days is absurd and, in this case, upsetting and degrading. It should be provided. It should be blindingly obvious that sickness and wellness takes little notice of the days of the week.

The hospital should urgently review its protocols.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 01 November 2014

mike clark gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Prostate surgery

All round the stafff were fantastic in every way
O nloy observation is that after prostate surgery some advice on practical issues such as how to deal with leakages would have been good

But can't fault any of the staff who were cheerful,helpful and sensitive to us as individuals

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 31 October 2014