Kent and Canterbury Hospital

01227 766877 Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road , Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG

Philip Thompson gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class care in Urgent care centre.

Attended the Urgent care centre last week with my brother who was feeling unwell with some type of "cardiac pain".
From booking in very speedily to being seen by an Emergency nurse Practitioner took only fifteen minutes.
An E.C.G. was performed along with vital signs observations.
Referred to the Medical team and seen quickly by a very reassuring Registrar.Further tests and Xray were then taken.
All staff displayed professionalism and kindness during our stay, the unit was very busy with patients and not one staff member showed signs of tension, which is very reassuring when you are waiting for a diagnosis in this situation.
We were also kindly given a drink and snack pack which was very gratefully received!
Thank you to all the staff in the unit.
Follow up care will be carried out as an out patient.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Anonymous gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Playground Accident

My 3 year old daughter had an accident at nursery (minor head injury).

Took her to Kent and Canterbury, she was seen straight away and the care was amazing.

The nurse was brilliant. We named the teddy bear Lolli and my daughter is happily at home with her lollipop and Lolli the bear.

Thank you NHS, never a bad word to be said from me.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Darcy's mum gave Child health care services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency bloods test for 5 year old

After being told by the doctor that my daughter who has an suspected kidney infection needed a blood test doing urgently today and being sent out with a form to go to William Harvey Hospital, i was then informed by PADUA at the William Harvey Hospital that they could not do a blood test until the 10th of May (19 days wait)!

I then contacted the Royal Victoria Hospital at Folkestone only to be told they will not do blood tests on children under 7!

After going back to the doctors and explaining the situation the doctors then managed to get me an appointment at the Kent and Canterbury Hospital children's Dolphin Ward.

The staff there were excellent. One staff member especially is an absolute credit to them and explained when we needed to be there so we didn't miss the deadline and have to wait untill Monday.

I can not fault them at all, they were welcoming, kind, well organised and made my scared 5 year old at ease when they took her blood, so much so, she didn't even know it had been done until it was over. The Easter egg reward was the icing on the cake for her.

Thank you Dolphin Ward at Kent And Canterbury Hospital, you do great work and made sure my daughter got the care she need in a timely fashion when when others couldn't.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nursing at its best

My mum was rushed into the K&C following a major stroke so I have been visiting her for many hours per day on the Kingston Ward for the last six weeks. During that time I found every member of staff to be kind, caring, respectful of patients, their relatives and of other members of staff. In the day to day activities of the ward you could see a real sense of team work amongst all of them, from the catering assistants, the nurses, the Ward sister and the different specialities. The desire to do everything possible to try and help my mum to recover some of her faculties and make her stay in hospital as untraumatic as possible was evident. I am sure that the high standard of professionalism is due to the doctor, who led by example - their calm and caring demeanour and excellent inter personal skills when dealing with staff, patients and their families is the prime reason why their is such good team spirit on the ward and the common desire to achieve the best service for those in their care. I had dealings with so many staff during this time that I can't give individual names in case I forget one so please all accept my heartfelt thanks for the wonderful job you do within the frustrating environment of the public sector.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Joanne gave Gynaecology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Another excellent trip to Kent and Canterbury

I cannot recommend this hospital enough. Parking has improved greatly on last two visits where it was easy to park and cheap enough. Seen bang on time as usual. Greeted by a friendly chap the moment I walked through the door to ask if I needed assistance. Cheap coffee in the shop if you don't want to splash out in costas. Staff seem non harrassed and content and are friendly and helpful. I would go to this hospital first choice every time.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 28 March 2017

Brian C gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient appointment - urology

I was referred by my GP to see a urology consultant. The 1st appointment came through very quickly. I was satisfied with this initial consultation, and a follow-up appointment for 3 months was agreed. The appointment was made almost immediately, with the outcome of the first consultation reported back to my GP in a timely manner, with a copy letter to me.
At my 2nd appointment, further tests were carried out by well humoured, helpful nurses maintaining my dignity at all times. The results were passed to the consultant immediately, and I was most satisfied with the discussion with them on my diagnosis & treatment plan.
Not being used to a hospital environment, I would also like to add that the whole experience has been remarkably efficient with staff at all levels been helpful & pleasant to deal with, from the volunteers meeting me in reception and helping book me in, to the nurses the doctors and consultants,.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017

Anonymous reviewed Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Attended the unit as "walk in" patient with my brother who had experienced...

Attended the unit as "walk in" patient with my brother who had experienced three episodes of cardiac abnormality that day.
A very swift booking in procedure, then streamed by an Emergency Nurse Practitioner who took observations and an E. C. G. and reassured my brother.
Referred to the Medical Team and seen by a very kind Registrar.
Blood tests and X ray were taken along with another E. C. G.
We were kindly offered refreshments and a drink, which were gratefully received!
This service we both experienced was exemplary and highlighted the service the N. H. S. does provide in a very busy unit.
Our grateful thanks to all staff concerned you are a credit to K. C. H.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

David Martin gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First Class

Have to say that everyone at this hospital,that i met,are doing a fantastic job
In for a day operation and ifInd it hard to see wher things could have been better
Keep up the good work!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you so very much for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback.

Luis gave Orthopaedics at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Pretty much unorganised

I have been there for more than an hour just waiting to be, when others come after me and go through, and it is not the first time

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

I am very sorry you were left waiting in the clinic. Please do ask to speak to a member of staff to assist you, as you should be informed about any delays and the reason for them.

Jane R. Ludlow gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Walk In Clinic

Thank you to the staff today. Everyone who helped me from the receptionist, triage Nurse to the doctor was kind, respectful and professional.
I am very grateful to them and the NHS for helping me today, it was very busy and I am sure the staff were under pressure but it was a very positive experience.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 21 March 2017

I am so pleased to know that your experience was so positive, even when the department was so busy. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on our site.