Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Anne B gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My Visit to Day surgrey

I went to day surgery today being the 17th of September I was extremely pleased at home my procedure went it was injections in my tummy hurt like u know what. staff in the unit were lovely. couldn't have asked for a better service why cant the Harvey be like this.

im 9mth after my hysterectomy and today is the first day I feel good apart from the dizziness.

Thanks Canterbury hospital much loved the way u took care of me gave me something to eat and drink was so sweet of the nurses to look after me the way they did

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 17 September 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Clare Hudson gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

All seemed good

Was transferred to A&E from my GP's surgery by ambulance - suffering from low chest pain/high abdominal pain. I couldn't have been treated with more care and concern.
Once at the hospital I had various tests - the final outcome of which was the findings of severe gall stones. I was kept in overnight to ensure chest pains didn't recur, despite the fact that I'd had an ECG and chest scan - they were being very thorough, for which I can only be grateful. I have been referred to a consultant to discuss gall bladder removal. Was very happy with my treatment by all staff throughout this experience. Having only recently moved to the area, I'm really quite reassured that hospital care is good should it be needed again in the future.

My only very slight niggle is that once the doc had done his morning rounds and said I could go home - it then took 5 hours for me to receive my discharge letter - the information had not been passed on to the ward staff. So better communication there would have been good. But that's OK next time (after I'm given my day for the operation) I'll ensure that nursing staff are aware when I'm fit to leave!!

Thank you to all the staff - they had some trying patients on their hands and they were all exemplary from what I saw.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 25 September 2014

Mike gave Dermatology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good !

Good quick service, friendly staff, treated well. Good work.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 05 August 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter George Shaw gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit on8/9 August 2014

I wish to record my satisfaction with the treatment I received during this short stay and the consultations at the hospital that preceded it. Everything was very thorough; the staff were courteous and helpful and above all they worked really hard under what seemed to me to be great pressure. I was kept well-informed of the medical procedures involved and felt very confident of the eventual outcome.

I am of an age that recalls the creation of the NHS and know what preceded it - a situation were many people just could not afford healthcare. (Fortunately I had prudent parents who managed to afford healthcare, but not without sacrifice.) It is pity that many, amongst, I think, younger generations, take the service for granted and expect everything as an immediate right.

But I digress. The staff were wonderful and in that I would like also to thank the Ambulance staff who took me to hospital.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 10 August 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Trevor Phillips gave Minor Injuries Unit - Buckland Hospital - Dover at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fracture Clinic - Minor Injuries Unit

Recently had a bad experience at The William Harvey Hospital following a motorcycle accident - referred to Kent & Canterbury by GP
No waiting time.
Assessed situation quickly and professionally.
Full aftercare plan put in place.
Excellent care and 'bedside manner'.
Impressed.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 July 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

steve woods gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a short visit

I had an appointment for a spinal injection at the Day surgery and from the moment i arrived at reception i was impressed with the cleanliness and brightness of the building,from the moment i reported at reception i was met by friendliness and courtesy by the staff,from the receptionist to the team that did the procedure.I have to say i have never been put at so much ease by hospital staff.As for the procedure itself and the after care ,have to say it was exemplary.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 25 July 2014

Tim O'Connor gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

prostate surgery

I had a prostate operation on the 15th July 2014 and I would like to comment on the first class treatment I received from the Consultant who was extremely caring and efficient. The prostate specialist nursing team who gave me fantastic support at all times. The physiotherapist whose support during my recovery has been extremely helpful in dealing with the physical and emotional side of returning to normality.
I appreciate there are lots of other people who have helped me and have made a huge difference to me. I thank them.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Day treatment services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I not happy

I came to you for a day surgary on the 19th June 2014 to have my 5 baby teeth out I went to densit he said he not happy with you lot you left my mouth in the mess you didn't tight my chain up and u didn't give me anyone cleaning product

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 01 July 2014

Anonymous gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Care on Clarke Ward

My husband was admitted at the end of June for a planned prostate operation, this was his second admission to this ward and the care of the nursing staff is second to none. The ward is bright and cheerful and very clean.

My only negative comments are the lack of communication between medical staff, where his previous sprained knee was quoted as a broken ankle, and the total lack of any bedside manor of his consultant. The surgeon may be an excellent, but their people skills are non-existant.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 22 July 2014

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A&E

My Mother who is 73yrs old was taken to Kent and Canterbury A&E last night 2/6/2014 suffering from severe stomach pain. I live in Newcastle upon Tyne and was called by the paramedics who took her to the hospital. She arrived there around 8:30pm my mother was left to wander the unit in pain until 3am when she was given some pain relief which enabled her to settle on a bed she was then woken at 5am and asked how quickly she could leave and go home they sent her home in a taxi.
My mother called me at 6am very upset and distressed she feels that once the doctor and nurses found out about her diagnosis of vascular dementia everything changed and no one was interested in the fact she was bleeding when she had a bowel movement and in severe pain. The doctor kept asking her the date time and who was prime minister.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014