Want to help us improve NHS Choices?

Find out more and sign up to our user research panel

Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Telephone: 01227 766877
Address: Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG
Website: http://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/kentandcanterbury

Cynth gave Cardiology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful hospital

This week, after developing chest pains I was taken to Kent & Canterbuy hospital and I had to spend a night in the Clinical Decisions Unit. I could not fault the care from all the nurses and doctors. In fact from the time I reached the hospital the care was wonderful. Long live our NHS and a huge thank you to everyone there who helped me.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Thank you for your very kind comments about CDU. I was sorry to learn about your chest pains and hope that you have fully recovered.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Floor maps needed

Why is there no map to guide people from main door to various departments ? Relatives wasted precious visiting time and energy, walking unnecessarily, looking for the designated area. Other Trusts can supply this information. Why not Kent and Canterbury ?

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 15 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

I am sorry to learn that you had problems finding the designated area I can completely understand your frustration about this. This will be taken up with our Estates Department andi it would be helpful if you would contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01227 864314 or 01227 783145 or email ekh-tr.PALS@nhs.net to let them know which door you entered by.

dipsodave gave Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Assessment of injuries after bicycle accident

I walked in to the Minor Injuries unit a few days after falling off my bike, was in quite a lot of pain and was assessed by a very proficient and effective Practice Nurse - all other staff involved in the process were very efficient and kind. Blood samples taken - no pain or bruising; X-rays taken and because of complicaions with a lung problem I was transferred to the William Harvey hospital in Ashford.
Thanks very much to all the staff at K & C for their help, kindness and consideration.

Dave Seddon

Please note there is no option to select Minor Injuries dept in section 4 below

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 26 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Dear Mr Seddon. I'm sorry to hear about you falling from your bike and the ensuing pain, but glad to learn that you had such thorough care and attention. I do hope the soreness and bruising soon goes. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Anonymous gave Oncology - Medical at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgery ....prostate operation 16th July 2015

With regards to a Robotic Prostatectomy that was undertaken on 16th July of this year. We should like to thank the Surgeon, whose skill and expertise in this field has resulted in what was a very anxious time 4 months ago , to one of complete faith in the hands of these excellent surgeons and hopefully to a future free of cancer.

Special thanks goes out to the whole team at Clarke ward... where we as a family along with the patient were treated with respect , care and professionalism throughout.
And In particular the Anaesthetist .who worked with patience and empathy

We wish the Kent and Canterbury Hospital well in all its undertakings in the future and hope that it will go from strength to strength.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Ophthalmology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital

Ophthalmology consultation

My consultant gave me a full consultation as to what the state of my eyes were and prescribed the necessary medication with all due care and attention.

I was asked to return in 3 months but the administration has as yet made no appointment.
It is a pity that the excellent medical attention is put at risk by poor administration.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 30 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kent Haemophilia Centre

I cannot praise this department and their staff enough. The work they do is amazing and the support they have given myself and my children is second to none. I cannot thank them enough and am surprised they do not have more positive reviews. Huge thank you to everybody there. Big thank you to my doctor and their staff.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 21 July 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Thank you for providing such a positive and glowng review for the Haematology staff. It is good to hear that you have such splendid support. I hope all goes well for you and your children.

daniel baker gave Neurology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

treble ward very good

i have been on treble ward twice in past three mths .very good personal care ,polite freindly staff .very good with people learning disabilty .i had very good stay at this hosptial and would recommed it to any one.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 15 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

That's great! Thank you for letting us know.

Tamsyn gave Urology at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attentive nurses day and night

I must leave a review here, because the care I recieved in Clarke Ward in June 2015 was brilliant. I was unfortunately an inpatient over the weekend as a result of a kidney stone.
The staff managed my pain levels very well, and kept my sickness in check too- something that took the emergency care centre 2 hours to get under control (this department is not so great).
In Clarke Ward, they all know their stuff, but are also human beings, and are very reassuring and empathetic.
The care is continued with the kitchen staff who come round 5 times a day with food and drink, cleaning staff, and student nurses who are also very attentive, and will go out of their way to help with anything, and nurses that do your regular observations are polite and caring professionals too.
The consultant I saw each morning with a team of doctors, took the time to listen to my case, examine me properly, and discuss the options thoroughly, and in good humour, (this goes a long way!)
Finally on Sunday, the stone passed, and was identified quickly by the consultant, with a follow up appointment booked in for 4-6 weeks.
I left to a cheery goodbye from all of the staff.
All I can do is thank you all for your care and support during a difficult time, and rest in the comfort of knowing if I ever have the misfortune of needing urology help again, Clarke ward is never too far away.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 17 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Kidney stones can be so painful.... but I am glad to learn that all the care and attention given by the staff on Clarke Ward was helpful and cheerful. What a relief when the stone passed! Best wishes for your continued good health.

Lynne frackleton gave Oncology - Medical at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Braebourne ward

My mum spent a lot of time on Braebourne ward as an inpatient this year. The staff went above and beyond there job role to look after her, even towards the end if her life at the beginning of this week.
All staff from domestic, clerical, HCAs, nurses and doctors were fantastic, making my mums final days comfortable and without wanting for anything and pain free.
Thank you so much for all you have done, we really appreciate it.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 04 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to learn of your mother's death, but it is good to know that the staff provided kindly care to her and you too.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Kent and Canterbury Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident & Emergency

To the wonderful team that looked after my lovely mum in the early hours of 15th June 2015, and throughout the day, and gave us such empathic support and to the amazing doctor that looked after her with such respect, feeling and dignity. Thank you so much for trying your utmost to make her better. You made the worst ever time better than it could have been and respected our need to be with her over and above procedures. As a qualified nurse myself I could not fault the treatment from nurses and medics involved. You enabled us to say goodbye to our most amazing mum and nan whilst she was in the CDU and respected our privacy. I hope the doctor knows who they are they were incredibly special.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 16 June 2015

Kent and Canterbury Hospital replied on 29 July 2015

Please accept our sincere condolences on the loss of your dear mum, but thank you for your very kind comments about the doctor and the team who cared for your mother at the end of her life.