Princess Alexandra Hospital

01279 444455 Hamstel Road , Harlow, Essex, CM20 1QX

Trevor Grosvenor gave Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward B6

Spent the day in Ward B6 for a liver Biopsy yesterday (2/2/17).A highly professional, caring and dedicated team. Of course under extreme pressure but they just handle it. Take my hat off to them all and thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 February 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Beverley gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing doctors and nurse at Harlow

Spent 4 hours Saturday night in a&e which is to be expected but not once was I made to feel like I was a burden of a hypercondirac .i was fully checked over including ecg, X-ray, bloods etc and wasn't discharged until they were totally satisfied. This is the first time I've ever experienced such lovely doctors at this hospital and would like to mention that. Unfortunately I never got the name of the nurse who did my bloods but the nurse was the first person who has never hurt me whilst doing it not bruise me. So thank you. The doctors are doing an amazing job and were brilliant. Thank you .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 February 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gastroenterology Day Clinic

An excellent experience. The clinic was calm and organised. All staff were most professional and caring. I was treated with respect and care. A very efficient and professional service. Thank you!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 February 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Rita gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

My elderly father lives in Harlow and presented at A&E last Saturday afternoon with my brother. The care he received was absolutely exemplary. The nursing team in the A&E were skilled, professional and compassionate. He received the world class clinical care from the NHS at its best. I'm an RN but live in Sydney, NSW. I hear so much about the problems facing the NHS, and special provisions affecting PAH. Please pass on our profound thanks. Not only are we relieved, my father is greatly improved, and their timely interventions will keep him independent and at home - thus saving costs. I hope this gets to the clinicians on Saturday afternoon. Ill also send an acknowledgement to the local paper. There was a particularly helpful nurse who co-ordinated his care and tests. Thank you. P.S You should make it easier to leave positive feedback - it wasn't easy to find the correct place!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and prompt care for both of our sons

In early January, we took our 18-month old son to the Children's A&E who was suffering from severe constipation. We were seen within 20 minutes of arriving, had a nurse and doctor assess him and confirm the type of treatment required and a nurse had given him the suppository. He was 'unblocked' within 30 minutes and after being assessed by a paediatrician we were then discharged. The whole experience lasted for approximately 3 hours from start to finish and every member of the team that saw us was friendly, helpful, courteous and supportive. Our son has been fine ever since.

Earlier this week our older son had fallen badly at school and twisted his ankle. It was swollen and he could barely walk on it. I took him to the same children's A&E - he was assessed by a nurse, given some painkillers, sent for an x-ray which took place as soon as we arrived at the x-ray area and the images assessed within minutes at the minor injuries unit. There was fortunately no break, fracture or dislocation - just swelling and, the next day, bad bruising. We were discharged about one hour after arriving - again, first rate care and excellent support and information given throughout.

Thank you to everyone at Harlow PAH - I have told many people about both experiences and cannot praise you all enough.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

The people who work for The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust strive to deliver an outstandingly caring experience and in a recent CQC rating were rated highly for caring across the organisation, including an outstanding Maternity Service, however we also know we don't always get things right.

So, if you are ever in a position where you are considering raising a concern, we would urge you to make contacting the Patient Experience Team your first step, they have access to clinicians and leaders across the organisation and can escalate your concerns and more often than not resolve them immediately. You can contact the site team night or day and the Patient Experience Team are available Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm on 01279 82 72 11 or at pals@pah.nhs.uk.

Liz Curtis gave Ophthalmology at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appalling lack of communication

Is it acceptable to tell a vulnerable 75 lady that due to her own incompetence she is likely to go blind very shortly!
Medication prescribed but never explained!
Abrupt. Unfriendly. Defensive. Dismissive.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

SAH90 gave General Surgery at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding patient care in Alexandra Day Ward

Went in for a small operation, all the nurses were extremely friendly, helpful and supportive. Made me feel very safe and in good hands. After the op, they were very caring and brought me tea and toast and were there for every need. Very nice to have compassion from staff and feel like they genuinely care about you. 5* service, just such a shame they dont get the support they need from the government as they deserve every extra penny.

The Sister was absolutely brilliant, very caring and there for my every need.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

So, if you are ever in a position where you are considering raising a concern, we would urge you to make contacting the Patient Experience Team your first step, they have access to clinicians and leaders across the organisation and can escalate your concerns and more often than not resolve them immediately. You can contact the site team night or day, but the Patient Experience Team are available Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm on 01279 82 72 11 or at pals@pah.nhs.uk.

Peter Brown gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My time in A&E

I attended A&E after being referred by my GP, for diagnosis and if necessary treatment for chest pain. Whilst I was there I was treated very well by Nurses, Doctor, Consultant, Receptionist (who had been called in to provide emergency cover) and X-Ray technician. Everything was explained to me at every stage. I was very happy with the care and service I received especially when they told me that I had not had a heart attack. Keep up the good work.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Catiek78 reviewed Princess Alexandra Hospital

Kind, caring and diligent

I was seen in the a and e department today. Every single person I came into contact with, from ambulance crew, doctors, sonographerd, nurses were excellent. Kind, caring and diligent.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

phild reviewed Princess Alexandra Hospital

cataract surgery

5 Hours waiting greeted by abrupt, arrogant, so rude to staff from Eye clinic.
Doctor blundered my cataract removal tearing off my face plaster in temper and suggested I have General Anasthetic. I wonder how this NHS doctor allowed to perform delicate operations on me with this attitude! ! The poor staff so polite and attentive in contrast.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Dear Phil,

I am so sorry this has happened and it seems to make it worse that this is in the context of a caring staff team. Please do rest assured that we are very keen to get to the root of the issue but in order to do that we will need your help.

Please can you send me details of when you came in and who you saw, so that we can respond appropriately. I completely agree that this is not the kind of attitude you should expect from our staff, whether that is a doctor, nurse, porter or security guard, we all have a role as care givers.

You should contact Patient Experience on 01279 82 70 84 or email pals@pah.nhs.uk between 10am and 4pm anytime, Monday to Friday.