Princess Alexandra Hospital

01279 444455 Hamstel Road , Harlow, Essex, CM20 1QX

Claudia gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Big Thank you

We went with my one year old baby to the A&E children hospital at Harlow yesterday and I must said a Big thank you to the Doctor and all the nurses. The doctor and everyone were amazing and the services was wonderful at the hospital. Finally, I feel good re my son health as they took care of my him. This doesn't have price guys. Thank you very much and continue with this excellent service

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

admission A&E

Admitted early morning 11/7/2017 with breathlessness, fuzzy head & Rheumatoid problems due to new medication. The nurse was caring, understanding & helpful. The doctor explained everthing to me so I fully understood what was happening.I cannot fault the excellent , kind caring way how I was treated.Many Thanks.Mrs Delia Chapman.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Angie gave Colorectal cancer services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent visit for a colonoscopy

I recently had to visit the hospital for my first colonoscopy and felt very nervous of having this done. But all the staff were so helpful and kind, this made the procedure so much easy.
The doctor was very easy to talk to and explained everything.
Excellent service, Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 23 July 2017

Mum's recent Admission

My mum recently had cause to be taken to A&E via the ambulance service who were absolutely brilliant. I would just like to say that all of the staff in A&E were marvellous, nothing was too much trouble and all of the staff were extremely efficient. She was admitted to Winter Ward where she spent a week, again I couldn't fault the ward or the staff who were so approachable, professional and kind.

You always seem to hear the bad stories so please keep up the good work.

Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Karen Bentley gave Orthopaedics at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Incredible support after my accident

Every member of staff was superb during my 3 day stay after breaking my elbow, which needed reconstructing. Brilliant NHS!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Induction for reduced feral movement

Being checked out on the Wednesday night for reduced fetal movement I was allocated a bed the following day for an induction. All the midwifes I met were lovely, very professional and went above and beyond to make my experience the best it could be.
Due to hypercontactions, and multiple dips in babies heart rate I was monitored throughout and met a number of consultants and doctors along the way. Not the labour I expected on arrival but i can not fault the treatment and care i recieved resulting in the safe arrival of my little baby girl. No question I asked was deemed stupid. Nothing I requested was declined.
If/when I have another one I will certainly be returning back to PAH.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital replied on 08 June 2017

Thank you so much for your amazing comment. We've made sure it has been passed on to the midwives and medical staff in the Family and Women's Services Team. Once again thank you.

Susan gave Cardiology at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Following my stay on Fleming Ward HDU via resus almost one year ago during which my care could not have been bettered, I now have a wider appreciation of this hospital having attended as an outpatient. I can only say that all staff are extremely helpful, from cleaners to senior nursing staff who even if not part of your care, go out of their way to guide you through the maize that is PAH and the baffling lift system. I visit cardiology very regularly and have had various tests there all carried out very professionally and with the human touch that is so reassuring. Everything works to schedule too, most of the time. Have yet to experience a very long delay. I am seen by the heart specialist nurse who is worth their weight in gold. The heart specialist nurse is so thorough, approachable and willing to listen to concerns. My specialist liaises with them promptly, often during the consultation if necessary and together they have kept me well since my discharge. Thanks is such an inadequate word for expressing my gratitude to all concerned - these people so deserve our support and admiration, they really are life savers working in very difficult circumstances and they achieve magnificent results. Can't understand why the place is in special measures - that is bonkers says a retired teacher who knows a thing a or two about inspections from on high by those with precious little knowledge of how much heart and soul is given by staff free of charge but not without cost to the individual givers - who are all heroes in my book.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 3 stars

midwife from hell

I can not fault the care received up until the labour then it all went down hill my midwife was terrible, rude and unprofessional . I was shouted at during the labour and when they were stitching me the pain was bad all the midwife replied was it needs doing ok. I was treated so badly and left in the room where i gave birth for hours blood all on the floor that started to smell and the midwife expected me to eat in the same room.
I did complain and was offered the chance to express myself this was useful reading over my notes etc.

It's just such a shame the dept clearly deserves the cqc rating however it just takes one person to let this down.

I don't think I could have another child there I've started to experience flash backs and this has caused me some distress. I felt so out of control and feel I missed out on what should have been a great experience.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital replied on 22 June 2017

We are extremely sorry to hear you had a poor experience in Maternity. We would like to offer you the opportunity to meet with our Associate Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Family and Women's Services, who is very keen to listen and learn from your experience, which will be shared with the rest of the team. Our Birth Reflections Midwife would also be happy to welcome you into the hospital to discuss your concerns further.

To arrange this, please call the Patient Experience Team on 01279 82 72 11, Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm, where a member of the team will ensure relevant staff are contacted immediately.

Maureen gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attending A & E department

I was referred to the a & e department by my doctor. Although it was a long wait l feel that was due
to the amount of people waiting to be seen rather than the staffs fault.
I was very pleased with the care l received the doctor was very thorough and all the staff were
nice.
After returning home l needed to contact the pharmacy and spoke to a receptionist who was very helpful
In sorting out my prescription.
I returned to the ambulatory department and again was treated really well by the doctors and staff.
This morning l needed to speak to the a & e receptionist? who once again helped me with a problem
very efficiently.
So overall my experience at PAH Harlow was excellent.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Princess Alexandra Hospital

Unhelpful admin staff in the diabetes and endocrinology dept

The admin staff in the diabetes & endocrinology department don't respond to your emails. I have an outstanding blood test result, which was completed more than 6 weeks ago and none of them answer their voicemail or emails. They're also not helpful when you speak to them.

The doctors in that department are polite but are only interested strictly in their own remit which isn't great if you have an issue like mine. I liked the nurse who did my short synacthen test; I found them kind and professional

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017