Princess Alexandra Hospital

01279 444455 Hamstel Road , Harlow, Essex, CM20 1QX

Flahavan gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my daughter broke her arm

Wow..my daughter broke her wist roller skating Saturday evening in loughton...went to princess Alexander hospital...the staff were great.. in and out in 53 minutes brilliantly..thank you so much..

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Anonymous gave Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

for a colonoscopy procedure

I was booked in for a colonoscopy this morning and feeling quite anxious..
the staff from reception to my discharge were amazing
Nhs are so lucky to have all staff I had this morning
I forgot my paperwork and had a wonderful receptionist that had such a nice welcome for me and reassured me it wasn't a problem. Then my nurse that spoke to me about the procedure and settled me in was lovely and kept communicating with me and apologized for the slight delay so understanding of my anxiety.
I had a trainee with a consultant doing procedure and they were so so good and comforted me and reassured me before and during procedure and all nurses present were just as wonderful chatting and making me feel at ease during procedure . Seriously could not praise them enough .the nurse that discharged me was also very sweet
I have had numerous ops in the last few years at whipps cross and was expecting a bad experience ,as that Is all I have had at whipps
Nhs at its best
Thankyou for a positive experience
Amazing

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Sat Pal Duggal gave Neurology at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I visited MRI unit yesterday afternoon

I am extremely impressed by the courtesy and care provided. The staff was very polite, helpful and clear and looked after me. May I take this opportunity to thank them.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

DS gave Maternity services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Birthing unit

Couldn't thank the midwifes and staff enough! Had all the encouragement and reassuring and support from the midwife and team! Wouldn't of changed anything that happened considering how it all panned out would do it all again!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

Diabolical reviewed Princess Alexandra Hospital

I spent a whole morning at the hospital with my elderly father. We had an...

I spent a whole morning at the hospital with my elderly father. We had an appointment in the morning to have an ultrasound scan. We arrived early and was seen before our allotted time. Great we thought. But then we had to wait to see a doctor to discuss the results. Three hours later we saw one but not before I had been told it would be about an hour, then two hours later when I enquired how much longer it would be, to be told the doctors had gone for training. What! I thought this was diabolicale. Patients waiting to be seen and the doctors had gone for training. I did notice that they all suddenly appeared back all at the same time which could imply they had been somewhere together - training? It seems completely wrong to me to keep people waiting so long. I'm just glad that at the moment we don't have to return.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service!

We went to A&E with our 15month old. When we walked in we immediately noticed how crowded it was and my heart fell as it was already 18:00 and I had a very tired and ill little bubba. The staff in reception was very friendly and helpful, finding us a place to sit so that I wouldn't have to start d with my little one in my arms. We were seen by a very professional doctor who was thorough and explained everything very clearly. The staff at the x-ray department was quick and friendly and confirmed that my little girl had a chest infection. The nurse that administered the medication was so good at keeping my little one calm and warned us of possible side-effects.
It was clear that it was a particularly busy night and more and more people kept coming in with children that were unwell. The staff were all professional and friendly throughout.
Something that my husband mentioned was that he was very happy about the new pay and display machines in the parking area that had card facilities and all the contactless payment options available throughout the hospital. Thank you PAH!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Susan Donohoe gave Ophthalmology at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the Eye and Laser Clinic.

I would like to thank the clinic for the treatment I have received over the many years I have had to attend. Every six months my eyes are checked and recently the doctor noticed something and sent me up to have a scan. I was diagnosed with narrow angle glaucoma in the right eye and within weeks, and it would have been sooner but the laser machine broke down, I was in the safe hands of the consultant and having my operation. The whole thing meant I only spent two hours at the hospital and then home feeling really grateful for such excellent treatment. So thank you everyone for your excellent care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Harpo Isaacs reviewed Princess Alexandra Hospital

I am so grateful for their professionalism and kindness

Attended the A&E Unit at Harlow in the middle of the night after I had become very unwell after an operation. Didn't have to wait long to see staff and I am so grateful for their professionalism and kindness. I was transferred to Kingsmoor Ward where I experienced the same level of professionalism and kindness from all staff. I am now receiving daily District Nurse visits - again - such a high standard of care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant experience

Having a first baby can be quite a scary experience and I didn't have a birth plan as I was classed as high risk. The whole labour experience with this hospital was amazing. All the staff were very supportive, genuinely cared and knew what would suit you as an individual. Thanks to them my son smoothly came into this world and i honestly can't thank them enough.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Princess Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Georgie gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Princess Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Massive thanks to doctor, nurse and everyone.

We have just returned home from Paediatric A&E after my 7 year old daughter experienced sudden pain & stinging in her right eye for no apparent reason !! I was very concerned but when we walked in we were met with friendly smiles from the Reception team & nurses who assured us she would be seen in Triage asap. Both doctors were extremely professional & helpful as they carried out checks. We were referrred on to the doctor for a full eye examination and they were brilliant. The doctor has a terrific manner with children and even managed a few jokes which really helped a frightened child !
The doctor will make a great Paediatrician 100 %
Thankyou all for taking such good care of us and for making us feel less frightened.
You are worth your weight in gold.
G B xx