Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Cycling lady reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

The staff were very polite and considerate

I visited the Arthur South day procedure unit for a procedure on my hip. The staff were very polite and considerate and the procedure was dealt with in a very professional way. The whole experience was good and not unduly painful. I had a local anaesthetic which enabled quick recovery afterwards as well as being able to see how the procedure was done with a minimum of discomfort.
I would definitely recommend the unit to anyone undergoing a similar procedure.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 January 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for the kind comments you have made about your care and treatment at the Day Procedure Unit. Please be assured we will share this with the staff involved with your care. We hope you are recovering well following your procedure.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

4 days of inpatient care

Excellent nursing care. Food pretty good too. Good medical care . Ward very clean

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 07 January 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments you have made about your care and treatment at the hospital. Please be assured we will share this with the staff involved with your care. We hope you are recovering well following your admission.

Patient Opinion Logo

Sue Earley gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Extremely impressed.

Initial impression on walking into West Outpatients was the smartly attired and friendly volunteer and the overall cleanliness. All staff thet I noticed wore their uniform well and were extremely courteous to all staff in the clinic introducing themselves. The general feeling they gave were that they were working with calm ,friendly efficiency.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 08 December 2016

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 December 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the volunteer staff in West Outpatients. I am also pleased to read that staff in the outpatient clinic were calm, friendly and efficient.
We will share your feedback with the volunteer staff and with the Gynaecology Department. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A relative has recently been an inpatient and received good, well informed care, despite not receiving analgesia when he asked for some. The issue was that he recognised that the cleaning of the ward lacked attention to detail. The ward had been part of a norovirus outbreak but the cleaning staff did not move any of the furniture when cleaning the bedspace, the mop was not rinsed regularly and some dried milk or ice cream remained under his bed for the entire admission. This doesn't bode well for your infection prevention outcomes.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 21 December 2016

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 December 2016

Dear Family Member
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your relative's recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read that they received good, well informed care, but sorry to read there was a delay when they asked for analgesia.
I am also sorry to read that you are unhappy with the standard of cleaning on the ward. If you would like to email me at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk with the name of the ward and the admission dates, we can look into this further for you. In the meantime, please be assured we have passed your feedback to senior managers in the hospital so they are aware.

Olga reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

I just wanted to say that like most people l had my concerns about going into hospital but needn't have worried. The care l received on Earsham ward was amazing, everyone was kind, friendly and always smiling.
I would also like to thank the teams for their kindness to me.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay on Earsham Ward. I am pleased to read that staff were kind and friendly.
We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. I hope you are recoveing well following your admission.

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Eglington gave Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Denton Ward - Superb........Gately Ward - Disgraceful

I was emitted to EAUS on two occasions this week. Both visits were prompt professional and quick. The second time I was admitted and after various tests was transferred to Gately Ward. One word Disgusting. As a member of staff their lack of empathy surprised me.Bells were left unanswered people were left on bed pans for up to 45 mins. One 96 year old lady should of had a red tray as needed help with food & drink was provided with a dark brown tray. They put her food and drink down breakfast and lunch no one helped her. The catering staff took two untouched trays backs. So no fluids given. The nursing staff didn't even notice?!!!. Her relatives arrived and were shocked buy her confusion if only they knew why. It's not rocket science that if fluids are not given or food it's a downward slide. I did complain. Later on me and two other ladies were moved to Denton Ward thank god. It was so different they were other like chalk & cheese. Professional, kind, helpful, so happy I was moved. Incidentally I did report about the 96yr old and I sincerely hope someone has done something about it. I've heard of elderly people coming into hospital with a slight illness and not going home or suffering from malnutrition now I've witnessed it and it's not acceptable it's disgusting and someone should be made accountable for this. It seems on Gately Ward no one actually cares. I shall also be writing to the Chief Executive. I will not be writing to PALS.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 26 December 2016

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 January 2017

Dear Patient
I write further to the comments you have made about your inpatient stay. I am sorry to read your concerns about your stay on Gateley Ward but pleased to read that your care improved when you were transferred to Denton Ward.
I note you will not be writing to PALS, but you may wish to write to our Complaints Team. You can email them at complaints-team@nnuh.nhs.uk or write to them at the Complaints and Legal Services Department, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Colney Lane, Norwich NR47UY.
In the meantime, please be assured I have passed your concerns to senior nursing staff in the hospital.

Anonymous reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

On visiting a relative on Gissing Ward yesterday (elderly), she informed us she

On visiting a relative on Gissing Ward yesterday (elderly), she informed us she needed the toilet, we notified a HCA, who then came to take our relative to the toilet, we found that the her slippers were soaked through with urine, clearly removed from patient noticeably wet and placed behind her chair after her last toilet visit (patient is incapable of placing these down or removing them herself and needs help with toileting)
We then asked if there was something that she could wear on her feet, to be told there wasn't anything else and she would proceed to walk across the ward to the toilet bare footed, we looked for other footwear as she had two pairs of slippers admitted with her, only to find the other pair of slippers covered in faeces, put in a bag and left in her bedside cabinet along with her food and drink and clean clothes.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Family Member
I write further to your comments you have made about your relative on Gissing Ward. I am sorry to read your concerns. I would be grateful if you could contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk with the name of the patient, so we can look into this as a matter of urgency on your behalf.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Cycling lady reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

They were very thorough

I had fallen from my pushbike and was suffering from pain in my hips and loss of memory as to the actual event and about half an hour immediately afterwards, though I somehow got myself home.
I had lots of tests done and they were very thorough.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit to the A&E Department. I am pleased to read that staff were very thorough.
We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. I hope you are recovering well.

Patient Opinion Logo

Sophie gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

afraid to leave my brother overnight

My brother was taken to this hospital a&e and then intensive care. His heart stopped and he was in induced coma. The staff were brilliant there. I couldn't not thank enough. But when they transferred him to coronary/kilverstone ward he was on his own. I've been staying with him and in 6 hours no one show up to check his blood pressure or simply ask if he is ok. We asked for pain killers twice as he had headache but no one got back to us. After his heart injury he's got short term memory loss and couldn't tell us if he saw a doctor or not. When we asked for information ourselves not much was given . Very disappointed with the staff and still in unknown future

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 29 November 2016

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 December 2016

Dear Family Member
Thank you for sharing your feedback and experiences regarding the hospital and staff. I am pleased to read that your brother received excellent care from the A&E Department and Critical Care Unit. However, I am sorry to read your concerns about Kilverstone Ward and that you and your brother were not kept informed or given full details about his condition.
If you would like to contact PALS to discuss this further you can telephone us either on 01603 289045 or 289036 or you can email us at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Please be assured we will share your feedback with the senior staff in the hospital.

Jellyfish reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

The nursing and care staff where fantastic

I had a short stay on the Denton Ward following ankle surgery. The nursing and care staff where fantastic even though it was very clear the work load was high they still gave there all and nothing was to much trouble, the level of care given was great. This was clearly down to the fact that they put the patients 1st rather than themselves.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 December 2016 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your inpatient experiences in the hospital while you were on Denton Ward. I am pleased to read that you were well cared for by nursing staff. I hope you are recovering well.
We will share your comments with senior staff in the hospital and with Denton Ward staff. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.