Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Barrie Allen gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Department

Brilliant service again, many thanks for all the help you gave and the reassurance throughout the operation. Giving up your Sunday to help me is priceless, I am so grateful to you all, well done indeed. Yours most sincerely Barrie.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 March 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care and treatment you recently received at the hospital. We will share your feedback with all staff involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well following your operation.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care provided for birth of our first child

I feel compelled to write about the care we have received from the NHS for the birth of our first child. We ended up having a complicated birth, spending time in delivery suite, Cley, MLBU and blakeney wards.
The care we received in all was nothing but first class.
The NHS often comes under attack but the work carried out by the staff deserves special mention and we could not have asked for more.
Special mention must go to the amazing service provided by MLBU. We were fortunate enough to have a wonderful mid-wife care for us for the majority of labour before we had to move to the delivery suite. They are a credit to the NHS and their professions and we would not have got through the process without them.
We feel this way about all the staff involved in our birth and can not thank them enough for creating a safe, secure and private environment.
Words do not do justice to our thanks and the experience we have had.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care and treatment you received at the hospital. I am pleased to read you received first class care. I hope you and your baby are recovering well and we will share your feedback with all involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write.

lsfb1989 reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Fantastic hospital and fantastic department

I was booked in for a flexible sigmoidoscopy by my GI consultant. The appointment came through quickly, which was a relief.
The nurse who booked me in was really nice, tried to calm me down given my racing resting heart rate. I felt as comfortable as can be, dressed in paper pants and hospital gown. Everything was explained to me, I was offered local anaesthetic (necessary given my condition) and a lovely nurse held my hand all the way through. I was invited to watch, and ask any questions that came up. The recovery was quick, had BP taken and discharged with some paperwork telling me what to expect.
I am really proud to have been seen at the NNUH, fantastic hospital and fantastic department.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017 using Patient Opinion

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following a procedure you had at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were kind and attentive. Thank you for your feedback and we will share this with all involved in your care.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My elderly Mother's care this week

Words cannot fully express me and my family's gratitude and thanks for the excellent care given to my 94yr old Mother this week. She was treated with so much dedication and dignity in A&E and on Kimberley Ward. I know that funding is in such a desperate state, but our NHS is the best in the world and deserves such praise.
Please government listen to us all and work to fund it properly.........

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 18 March 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 March 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your kind words about the care and treatment your mother received recently at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were dedicated and treated her with care and dignity. We will share this with all staff involved and thank you for taking the time to write.

Dermatology Day Treatment

Fantastic help and reassurance throughout the removal of stitches. Brilliant knowledge of the situation now and for the future. We are so fortunate to have such caring staff and a wonderful NHS . Thank you all most sincerely, Barrie Allen.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Inefficiency of urology

On 12th December 2016, five months after a consultant urologist informed my husband that they would want to see him in clinic again, regardless of the forthcoming July prostate biopsy results, my husband finally, after much chasing up on my part had his follow up appointment. All that was going to happen on the 12th December's consulation was that the clinic was going to just arrange a PSA blood test, nothing else, no internal examination and when I asked that my husband please be considered for an MRI scan, given there was a lump there and we wanted to know what it was, the urologist initially negated that there was no point, a biopsy had been done and an MRI would not show up anything that the the biopsy had not already shown up. It was only because of my persistence that the urologist reluctantly arranged an MRI scan. My husband recently had the MRI scan, a shadow of "specific concern" (quoting urologist) was seen on the MRI scan and my husband now needs firther surgery.

So, what would have happened had we walked away from the appointment on 12th December with just the PSA blood test I am now thinking ?

Let's hope for the sake of my husband the "shadow of specific concern" (quoting urologist) is not anything sinister.

Do I have faith that he is in the best hands and Norfolk and Norwich for his fiuture urology care ? No I do not.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 March 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 March 2017

Dear Family Member
I write further to the comments you have made about your husband's care and treatment under the Urology Team. I am sorry to read your concerns. If you would like to contact me either by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01603 289045 I would be pleased to speak to you to see if PALS can assist. Alternatively, you can consider making a formal complaint and you can email this to complaints-team@nnuh.nhs.uk
With kind regards
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager.

Patient Opinion Logo

Richard Bettinson. gave Urology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolute satisfaction with service received.

My experience attending the Urology Dept. was exceptional. Totally professional,Very kind and helpful at all stages of the assessment process.
I was treated sensitivity and dignity.I cannot praise staff at all levels enough.
My referral to the Clinic was expedited speedily. I was very anxious and not having any delay really helped.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 March 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent hospital appointment. I am pleased to read that staff were professional, kind and helpful and that your referral was expedited quickly. We will share this with the staff involved in your care and thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Time to admit this Hospital cannot cope

I was referred to the Norfolk & Norwich by my GP and when the earliest appointment was quoted as May 2017 he escalated the matter as urgent. I am now quoted 12 weeks. Given that my appointment is with cardiology and the only comfort has been a clear x-ray there is a very hit and miss system operating as to whether the patient gets seen or not. Urgent referrals to a chest consultant cannot be left for 12 weeks. This falls far below the standard which would be applied by a reasonable body of medical men. The Norfolk and Norwich is a modern multi million pound hospital designed to precisely cater for the level of population and estimated demands placed on it. The time to plan the second hospital is before the first one fails. I presume that maths was not a strong subject on the team that commissioned the hospital but there is really no excuse for highly paid professionals that have delivered a major hospital to this area that simply cannot cope. I appreciate it is not fashionable to criticise but nobody has excused me from the demands of tax and I have fully paid my dues on time. With respect to all concerned I have never told HMRC to wait for 16 weeks!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 February 2017

Dear Patient
I write further to the comments you have made about the length of wait you are experiencing for a Cardiology appointment. I am sorry to read your concerns. If you would like to contact me by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01603 289045 I will look into this further for you.
In the meantime, please be assured I have shared your concerns with senior staff in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Patient Opinion Logo

Yes it's still me... gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Urgent Care Unit

This newly formed body simply seems a way of farming out patients perhaps to massage figures. As a referral from the walk in centre I entered AE to a full triage examination. Further tests were carried out and having spent two hours at the walk in centre I was referred again after forty minutes to the urgent care unit. I say referrred as my name was called by a nurse at the exit clutching my notes and told to walk to the unit. This could have been handled very differently. The findings at the walk in centre had not been matched at AE so without knowing it at the time I was viewed as a 1 on a scale of 1-100. (100 being critical) I then sat in the urgent care unit for three and a half hours. First waiting to see a doctor then a blood test and then a further review. At no time did any one say your wait will be extended because you are least urgent so others will leapfrog your case. Nor was I given the chance to leave with the information to date so as to seek an appointment at my own surgery. The communication is very , very poor. The pathway for an urgent care unit is not clear. It simply appears a way of moving bodies from AE but in doing so it loses the relationship with the patient and you become lost in the system. A system that operates lethargically at best.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 February 2017

Dear Patient
I write further to the comments you have made about the Urgent Care Centre. I am sorry to read your concerns about communication and the length of wait you experienced. If you would like to contact me by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01603 289045 I will look into this further for you.
In the meatime, please be assured I have shared your comments with the senior managers in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Diznee reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Wrong size compression socks

I was admitted to hospital, fully prepared for an operation (later cancelled) but was brought a pair of socks to don. Because my ankles were swollen although I am not very tall and not overweight I was brought a pair size large. I managed to get these on but they were far too long. The instructions in the pack said in bold type they should finish two inches below the knee. Mine were four inches above. Instructions said that the tops should not be folded over as this could cause circulation problems. The nurse came and I pointed these facts out to them but was told "Don't worry they are OK"
What am I to do when I go back to have the rescheduled operation?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for the comments you have made about compression socks.
If you would like to contact me either by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 01603 289045 we will be pleased to look into this further for you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager