Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Peter Machin gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gastroenterology Outpatient

Just another outpatient appointment at the Gastroenterology Unit. Outstanding "customer service", I felt that I was the centre of their attention at all times.

I was kept fully informed during my treatment, the process fully explained to me at each stage and I was constantly questioned about my welfare and they treated with respect, consideration and kindness.

Well done and a big thank you to all.

(I'm considering transferring all my outstanding business to the NNUH)

With Gratitude

Peter Machin

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent attendance at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were treated with respect, consideration and kindness. I will share your thanks and praise with staff involved in your care and thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

dennisgwild gave Geriatric Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent staff committment

I had the misfortune to be sent into hospital on the Monday of my holiday with a kidney infection. I had to stay until the Friday
The service from the ambulance staff and the medical staff was brilliant.
I cannot praise enough the work of the nurses and auxiliary worker giving total commitment .please relay my praise to all of them for making my stay as comfortable as possible thank you dennis wild

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A & E

I visited A & E at aprrox 11am on Tuesday 15th Aug 2017 because a (minor but nonetheless) operation wound (received from NNUH) had burst open and 111 had advised me to go. A & E is rather confusing - you have to speak to a nurse at the door before going where you need to go. The nurse on duty this occasion I found to be dismissive, uncaring and rude. While I appreciate they have to sort timewasters from serious patients, their comments made me feel I should have stayed at home and covered my gaping wound with a plaster. They seemed more concerned and annoyed that 111 had sent me there unnecessarily. They dismissed my wound by saying 'they won't sutre it now anyway' so left me feeling that I would have a gaping hole and ugly scar, which was very upsetting. I was sent to the minor injuries ward. While I appreciate my need was less than some of others the aftercare sheet from the NNUH advised to call 111 should anything happen and they advised me that that A & E had the facilities to resutre if necessary.
By the time I saw someone in minor injuries dept I was visibly upset (again I appreciate that's pathetic at A & E, but had the initial nurse just sent me where I needed to go without giving their 'diagnosis' (incidentally without seeing it - they had no way of knowing how big the wound was!) I probably would have held out some hope). The care I received in the minor injuries was by far a contrast. The nurses I saw had to also deal with my upset, but took their valuable time and were sympathetic and caring. The Dr I saw went beyond dealing with the job in hand and although the answer was unfortunately the same as the uncaring nurse at the start, took their time to tell me in a caring way.
All in all, I feel if that initial nurse had been more caring, symapathetic to the situation at hand - me with a burst wound - their colleagues would not have had to spend so long dealing with me as I would not have so upset by the time I got to them!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Michael Howard gave Neurology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

TIA Clinic

My GP referred me to this clinic late Friday afternoon and said I would be contacted ASAP by them to have various tests to confirm one way or another whether I'd had a TIA. At 9 o'clock the following Monday I was contacted by the clinic and invited to attend at mid day. I was attended to very promptly and had an ultra sound test on my neck by the Vascular Dept and then sent to the TIA clinic for an ECG and blood pressure tests as well as blood tests. I was then taken to the X Ray dept for an MRI brain scan. I then returned to the TIA clinic for a diagnosis which fortunately for me showed I had not had a TIA. My experience and treatment was first class and if I had paid privately I would not have had better treatment or service from so many skilled medical people. I thank them all and cannot praise them or the NHS highly enough.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Dawn Higgins gave Rheumatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rheumatology Clinic and day unit

Having been treated by this department for over twenty years, I have nothing but praise for the dedication, skill and care that the staff have given me during my many visits. Always found the teem to be helpful and friendly, and I count myself very lucky to benefit from their dedication and commitment. A big thank you to you all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your attendances at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff are dedicated, helpful and friendly. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast ultrasound

I was given an appointment within 2 weeks of seeing my GP.
All members of staff were friendly and reassuring.
The screen was completed within 2 hours and no problems found.
Thank you to everyone who helped me today.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent appointment at the hospital. I am pleased to read that you were seen promptly and that staff were friendly and reassuring. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise and I will share this with all staff in involved.

lsfb1989 reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Everyone I met was lovely, and treated me with the utmost care

I would like to send my praise for my care in the Arthur South Day Procedure Unit at NNUH. Everyone I met was lovely, and treated me with the utmost care. I would like this praise to be fed back directly to the professionals involved, however the anaesthetic I had has rendered me unable to remember names! I was under the care of Mr Hernon.
From the moment I was checked in, I felt cared for, and listened to. The procedure was explained to me, everyone made sure to introduce themselves, and made sure that I was happy and understood what was happening to me. The procedure was one of embarrassment for myself, but the staff were discreet and just so professional and lovely. I was incredibly nervous, but the staff went out of their way to (try) and calm me down, and I really appreciate it. Also, I would like to add that I am incredibly grateful for how quickly I was seen, I have only been on the waiting list just over a month.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at the hospital. I am pleased to read that you felt cared for and listened to. I will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. I hope you are recovering well and thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Matt Wilkinson gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent & Caring Staff

Recently my GP referred me to ENT Department at the Easton Ward where I was admitted for what turned out to be a short 24hr stay. I was seen quickly and was diagnosed with bilateral tonsillitis. The Doctor and all of the Nurses were very caring, kind and considerate. Not only that, the catering staff & cleaners were very polite and helpful too.

I would highly recommend the Hospital and in particular the Easton Ward, Thanks for taking great care of me.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 15 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent admission to hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were caring, kind and considerate. I will share your kind comments with all staff involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallstone pancreatitis

I would just like to thank all the staff on the Easton and Coltishall wards. They were very friendly, dedicated and professional and gave exceptional care.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read that staff were friendly, dedicated and professional. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
With kInd regards
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Jo gave Ophthalmology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Confusion but relief

I have severe diabetic retinopathy and have had issues with my eyes for 5 years, I am blind in one eye and have limited vision in the other - leading me to have a guide dog.
I am thankful for the NHS, but this experience was an anxiety led event leaving me a bit shocked.
Last Thursday, I called about when my next appointment was due to some issues with my good eye so I was booked into eye casualty the next day - after a long trip I was told I needed surgery on the Monday. I was shocked as generally been stable for three years.

After an anxiety led weekend, booking a boarder, sorting care and support, worrying about a local anaesthetic. Monday came, I sorted everything out and despite high anxiety turned up to the Nelson Day Unit in which I went through pre-op and medication to keep me calm.

After a whilst I was seen my the surgeon who looked at my eye, referred to the consultant before telling me I did not need the procedure after all.

I felt frustrated as had sorted everything out for a long recovery and all the stress for my family over the weekend. In time I felt relief and a sense of calm but if it weren't for their double checking I may have not had a good outcome of the surgery.

Here's to another 3 years of some limited vision.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the hospital. I am sorry to read your appointment resulted in some confusion. I will share your feedback with senior staff in the hospital. Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.