Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Richard Warren gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Hospital

As an emergency admission whilst on holiday, I received amazing treatment and care at this hospital. In the four days I was there, I found all the staff to be kind and courteous and it was extremely clean and tidy.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient admission. I am pleased to read you were treated with respect and kindness. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I hope you are recovering well.

Patient Opinion Logo

Adam gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quick, competent and helpful

Cannot fault anybody I spoke to, literally perfect!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the A&E Department. I am pleased to read that staff were competent and helpful. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Patient Opinion Logo

Chris Kerr gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

This Hospital gave me amazing care from start to finish

Two days I slipped on my front step and fractured my ankle in two places, along with dislocating it in two others.
Naturally this was extremely painful and I was very worried and scared.
From the moment I arrived the staff were great, they conversed with me and showed real care and empathy.
They made me comfortable and restored the dislocated joint while I was sedated, I didn't even know they'd done it and it was fixed. The staff even made sure my arm was numb before putting in the canular as I dislike needles.
Following this staff made me comfortable on the ward and discussed what surgery I would need to properly fix my fractures.
Now only a day and half later I'm home with my foot fixed, in plaster and minimal pain. Amazing service.
Even the food was good, very nice and good portion sizes.
All the staff deligently carried out their work, cleaners, cooks, nurses and doctors.
I'm very impressed and happy with this hospital and the NHS overall.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the A&E Department. I am pleased to read that staff treated you with care and empathy. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anne Good gave Respiratory Medicine at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff

Over the last nine months I have attended a myriad of appointments at The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. This was to investigate my recurring cough and associated lethargy following my GP in Acle referring me initially to the Respiratory Department for further investigations.

I am most impressed with all of the treatment I have received from the many departments and specialist teams I have come into contact with, even though the investigations are not yet complete.

In a time when the NHS is under the spotlight and being subjected to cuts in service with many people quick to criticize, I have to say I am amazed and delighted at the attention I have received.

Every member of the team I came in contact with gave me time, answered questions, treated me as if I was their only patient at that time (difficult on the ward when all staff are being pulled in many directions throughout their 12.5 hour shift) and were knowledgeable and informative

Dedicated and knowledgable staff!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the Respiratory Department. I am pleased to read that you found staff to be knowledgeable and dedicated. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.

Patient Opinion Logo

Carol Baxter gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional caring staff nothing too much trouble

My brother was diagnosed 9 1/2 yrs ago with an illness with a prognosis of 9-15yrs sadly he passed away in May but I would like to thank all staff at the N & N from cleaners to Consultants. The staff were professional caring nothing was to much trouble I stayed with my brother for the last 5 days of his life and they not only looked after my brother but made sure I was ok. They allowed my brother to pass away with dignity which as a family all we wanted was for him to pass on with no pain and dignity. All staff should be proud but extra thanks to Kilverstone ward and Jack Pryor unit my brother spent so much time on these wards due to the illness sending him into renal failure at the negotiating of his illness and also heart damage. Without all the staff who se dedication gave us 9 1/2 yrs longer with my brother so thank you from all the family

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Colorectal cancer services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colon Cancer Care and Surgery

Bowel Cancer Treatment. I take part in the 2 yearly Bowel Cancer Screening process. In the middle of February following a second abnormal result, they booked me in for Colonoscopy screening meeting at the beginning of March. I had no symptoms that I was aware of. I felt fit and well. A week later, I had a colonoscopy, during which I was gently informed by the doctor that a tumour had been found which required removal by surgery. After the colonoscopy, I was introduced to one of the specialist colorectal nurses, who together with the doctor explained what the most likely course of events would be. The following week I had a CT scan, which showed a possibility that there may be complications. This was mentally the worst period for me whilst waiting for other more detailed scans (a PET scan and an MRI) to be organised. These were arranged at weekly intervals, and once all the results were in, I was informed that cancer did not appear to have spread. I visited the hospital to meet the consultant, the specialist colorectal nurse, and a Macmillan nurse. They explained the process for the hemi-colectomy operation, and what could happen post operation, including what would happen if the post operation biopsy showed any signs of cancer cells in the lymph nodes. Another week passed, and I visited the hospital for pre-operation screening and tests. A couple of weeks later, I arrived at the Same Day Admissions Unit, and had the operation with a 5 day stay in Dilham Ward. The ward was clean, the beds and linen changed regularly at least daily, food and drink always available. I walked into the hospital 3 weeks ago with cancer that had been found by the screening process. 5 days later, I walked out of the hospital without cancer. Today my lovely specialist colorectal nurse informed me that no cancer cells had been found during the biopsy. Throughout this worrying 3 month period, every member of staff at the hospital - doctors, nurses, physios, cleaners, caterers, scanner teams - has treated me in a kind, considerate and honest manner. Their explanations were very clear. They made me feel as though I was the most important patient there. Every appointment was carried out on time, every phone call answered and responded to. Today is the first day of the rest of my life - no words that I can write will ever convey the gratitude I feel to you. Thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care and treatment you received from the hospital. I am pleased to read that you were treated with kindness and that staff were considerate. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to share your thanks and praise and I hope you are recovering well.

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E dept

I found myself in the A&E dept with severe stomach pain, the treatment I received was truly amazing, every member of staff from the receptionist to the consultant were so kind and professional, my A&E nurse was by my side for much of the time, they stayed with me during my CT scan, comforted me when I got upset, made sure I wasn't in pain after the meds had been given and even wheeled me to the loo because I didn't want to use a bed pan, even though the dept was as always so busy I received excellent care.....they deserve so much more......A huge Thank you to all the staff at our hospitals A&E dept and Easton ward at the N&N hospital you do an unbelievable job under very difficult circumstance.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent attendance in the A&E Department. I am pleased to read you were treated with respect and kindness. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I hope you are recovering well.

Norwich35 reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Unprofessional Behaviour from A&E staff

I had to take my dad to A&E department at Norfolk & Norwich University hospital. My dad was in the Cubicle 7 and we were waiting for a doctor. And there was a senior nurse who stood in front of the cubicle 7 where I could see and hear very well. The way I understood, the senior nurse I have mentioned above was trying to tell about a stroke patient to another staff member. The conversation was very loud.
Until I witnessed this unprofessional, unpleasant moment at Norfolk &Norwich university hospital, I thought all staff are professional people and they have to behave under certain code of conduct, and they have a responsibility to protect their patients. My dad who was waiting to see a doctor became very upset from the whole scenario and said to me, please don't let that nasty staff member to come near me.
I noticed It was not only my dad, there were lots of unhappy faces in each cubicle. Until this day, I could not believe what I saw and heard in A&E at N&NU Hospital. My dad and I were disgusted about this unpleasant situation, and I left A&E with full of scary thoughts and even frightened to leave my dad on his own.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 May 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the hospital. I am sorry to read that you found staff unprofessional. Please be assured I will share your feedback with senior staff at the hospital so they are aware. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me on 01603 289045 and I will be pleased to speak with you. If you prefer, you can make a formal complaint, and you can email this to our Complaints Team at: complaints-team@nnuh.nhs.uk. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Steve Stasos gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful

I have to say that this ward I have been on has been the nicest experience of nhs hospitality that I have ever had, thanks to all the staff of Langley ward for being brilliant, I can't thank them enough, my whole experience was great, I was called at 12mm and told my blood test from 4.30 showed kidney failure, a bed was a already available when I got in at 2am I was diagnosed and being treated straight away, I hot to go home the following Thursday all sorted, thank you all at n&n especially the staff that looked after me.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 May 2017

Patient Opinion Logo

Claire gave Gynaecology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy

I recently had my second hysteroscopy to have a fibroid removed. I just want to say a big big thankyou to all involved from the doctor to all nursing staff. I was made to feel completely at ease and my whole experience from start to finish was first class. The procedure was fully explained to me from the start and was explained through the whole process. It was mainly pain free and I was offered gas and air and a nurses hand. I just feel I need to write and say the biggest thankyou to all involved . All credit to our wonderful NHS. My only criticism would be the waiting time( nearly 30 weeks). Thankyou again!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience in the Gynaecology Department. I am pleased to read that you were treated well and were kept fully informed. We will share your comments with senior staff at the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.