Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Elena Martin gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care

I had a 24 hours admission in Cedar ward following a knee intervention. All staff was fantastic, from staff to nurses, to HCA's, to housekeeping and kitchen. NHS trusts should take Rugby St Cross hospital as an example of care

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Friendly & efficient staff

We visited the Rugby Urgent Care Centre as my 3 year old had injured her thumb. The reception staff were really welcoming and friendly and all had a smile which was comforting as we hadn't been there before. Admittedly it wasn't too busy in there but we were seen very quickly by a lovely male nurse who was great with my daughter, very thorough & reassuring. Would definitely recommend.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Matthew Guest gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Cannot fault it

Came to St Cross from Manchester to have some specialist surgery on my knee in mid December and cannot pick a single thing wrong with the visit from start to finish. Upon arrival at the hospital I was greeted by fabulous nurses on the Cedar Ward who were able to cater for all needs throughout my stay. The theatre and recovery team were fantastic, helping me remain calm throughout and helping to an efficient return to the ward. The ward staff were again brilliant though out the recovery process, helping me with everything that i needed. The physios were also fantastic, giving suitable advice and exercises at numerous different points during the stay. The nurses all seemed to be happy within their jobs which is something that you don't often see within the NHS. The treatment that I received though St. Cross was exemplary and I would recommend this hospital, particularly this ward, to anyone who is getting surgery. Thank you to all the ward staff, surgeons, theatre staff and physios for their continued hard work within the NHS.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 18 December 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 19 December 2016

Dear Matthew,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on the care provided to you before, during and following your recent knee surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby. I hope you've been recovering well.

It was really good to hear that all the staff you encountered at our hospital were kind and caring and gave you advice for when you left hospital to continue your recovery. It's especially heartening to hear you praise the hospital so highly when you travelled to Rugby from Manchester for your specialist surgery.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron responsible for Cedar Ward so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Ashlee Cody-Cameron gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Amazing experience!

Arrived this morning to have my all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed and it would be safe to say I was a nervous wreck. I could not of had a better experience if it had been private. The surgeons, doctors, and nurses, especially the nurses were just amazing! I was so nervous and shaken up going in that I'm afraid I can't remember names but the people who were on call today in the day surgery unit deserve a medal. I'm still in quite abit of pain now which is to be expected but I can't tell you how thankful I am to the people who were with me today. The atmosphere was so calm and relaxed my poor nerves and the people working were just so wonderful, they couldn't do enough for me! Thank you again, I'm afraid I didn't get to thank everyone before I left this afternoon so incase I missed you, thank you so much!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 October 2016

Dear Ashlee,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby to have your wisdom teeth removed. I hope you've been recovering well.

It was especially pleasing to hear how all the staff in the Day Surgery Unit were calm and helped you to relax when you were nervous about the operation.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff and superb treatment

Visited during a very busy period with my seven year old who had injured his hand. Despite being busy I was kept informed of waiting times and even got to watch TV in the waiting area which was a big bonus for my son! Seen well within the times we were given. Nurses are all lovely. Thank you.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 16 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 November 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of the Rugby Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross when you brought your son after he injured his hand. I hope he's been doing well since his accident.

It's especially good to hear that our nurses took such good care of your son. It's also really heartening to hear that despite the unit being busy, our staff kept you updated throughout and didn't keep you waiting longer than you expected.

Dee gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hospital

I recently returned from a trio to Toronto, where i had to attend the general hospital because of an accident, It made me realise how fortunate we are to have St Cross on our doorstep. Toronto General was dirty. Facilities, privacy and personal respect for patients were very poor and we had to pay well over £600 for the appointment and X rays. When i came home and attended St Cross for follow up, the contrast was extreme. St Cross was clean, had very good facilities, was well organised and all staff I came into contact with were kind and efficient. Within just over an hour i had seen the consultant, had X rays and returned to see the consultant and was on my way home, feeling happy that i had been treated so well. Thank goodness for St Cross and the NHS!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 23 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 November 2016

Dear Dee,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of using the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby for follow-up care after an accident you had in Canada. I hope you've been recovering well.

The praise you have given to all of our staff was lovely to read, and I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

It's also really nice to hear that you found our hospital well-organised and clean with good facilities, and that you didn't have long to wait for your x-rays and appointment with the consultant. These are exactly the kind of standards which we aim to achieve for all our patients.

We are grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Bicquette gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Hematology day unit

I have been under one of the Hematologist for over 10 years. The nurses at the Day unit are fantastic. Friendly, nice, approachable, helpful and invested with the patients. If only every department were like this one..

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Haematology service at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby over the last 10 years.

It was especially pleasing to hear how friendly and helpful the nurses in the Haematology Day Unit have been to you over this time.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Barbara Davoile gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

I was admitted on Thursday 8th September to have my left shoulder replaced for a second time , over the years I have had a lot of operations and always been on cedar female . The level of care right across the board is first class from the minute you arrive , antithesis, theatre staff ,and recovery staff . From the moment you are back on the ward you are made to feel at ease ,any problems you have you can discuss. What I was amazed at is how the staff find time every day to wash or shower all of us on the ward it is done with such dignity but so thorough and it makes you feel so much better. The other thing I noticed was the staff are a proper team, they all got on and this clearly reflects on the care I received. I would like to thank everyone for making my stay comfortable and happy

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our staff providing first class care to you and the other patients on the ward, and making sure you were always comfortable and happy. This is exactly the standard of care that we aim to provide to all our patients.

I will pass on your kind comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross

day surgery

many thanks to the Dr, nurses etc for the care that my daughter Heather received on 10th September 2016. A wonderful friendly hospital !

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on following your daughter Heather's visit to our Day Surgery Unit earlier this month.

I'm so pleased to hear that the doctors and nurses provided Heather with such good care and that they were so friendly to you both.

I will pass on your comments to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Lovely staff

I had visited the hospital after having an injury to my thumb, I was very scared about the treatment they had suggested but staff kept me calm and were lovely.I felt welcome and safe in their practice. I had two nurses treat me and both nurses worked well with eachother which was comforting for me.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 11 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby after your recent injury to your thumb.

It was so nice to read your comments about our nurses making you feel safe and calm, and comforting you when you were worried about the treatment you needed. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.