Hospital Of St Cross

Telephone: 01788 572831
Address: Barby Rd, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX
Website: http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Occupational therapy services at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

Disabled parking is woeful

With only 3 disabled parking spaces outside the outpatients department, parking for an appointment has become a complete nightmare. I regularly have to turn up well over half an hour early for appointments to join the people sat in the drop off/ambulance area waiting for a space to become available. There are spaces further away, but they are useless to those with mobility problems as they are too far away (and over a steep bridge).

The area needs to be redesigned to allow for more disabled parking in this area. The walk between the entrance and the physiotherapy department is long enough as it is.

The problem is the same at the blood taking area. It is a hospital, how you can justify having less disabled spaces than a supermarket in beyond me.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

omnipeta gave Plastic surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service 5 stars

I write to you in respect to the impeccable treatment that I’ve received over the last 5 years at Rugby St Cross hospital. I have been under the care of a consultant who from day one treated me with kindness, respect and total professionalism.
Also a great deal of support and encouragement was shown to me by my Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist.
We hear so much criticism of the NHS and at times we are not particularly good at saying thank you when we receive good treatment, I hope this letter helps to redress the balance.
John Scobbie

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 06 August 2014

Anonymous gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 3 stars

Walk-in visit

I was seen to quickly but felt that some of the members of staff were dismissive of me, which concerned me because I was in a very confused and distressed state. After some tests, I was given a leaflet but without any clear explanation as to what might have happened and I was uncertain if I was actually ok or not. Staff overworked?

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Kim beasley gave Neurology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

L3 L4 decompression

As soon as i entered the cedar ward the nurse made me feel at ease, and all the staff were excellent, i was very scared of having the operation but was made at ease by all the staff. Just want to say thank you to everyone for looking after me and my surgeon was absolutly brilliant. a great big thankyou what would we do without you

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 17 July 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience on Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you were very happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Alison reviewed Ophthalmology at Hospital Of St Cross

Lack of access for a disabled patient

I was disappointed to hear from my Dad and his carer that his eye scan couldn't be done yesterday because he was unable to transfer from his wheelchair to the swivel chair in the eye clinic. Surely macular degeneration is a disease generally found in older people who have an increased likelihood of mobility problems. Why are you not set up to manage people who need assessment whilst remaining in their wheelchair? Last time we managed to raise his seating position with cushions. Why not this time? A recommendation to see him in 3 months seems futile - why do you think his mobility will change? I am sure it won't improve but maybe you can assess his mobility better than his vision?

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 28 June 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 30 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on the recent appointment of your father at the Macular Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in June 2014.

I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with the service due to your father’s restricted mobility and our inability to manage this. I have spoken with the team and they inform me that wheelchair bound patient shouldn’t present a problem as they can allow for this. And indeed you mention that this was the case at a previous visit.

The date of the visit is listed as June 2014 and as the team at St Cross see around 70 patients a day it is difficult to be more exact with our response. We would very much welcome the opportunity to look into and discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

PALS
University Hospital
Clifford Bridge Road
Coventry
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

Carole Burgess gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Urgent care

Attended Nurse Led Clinic. Excellent , professional and efficient care.
All staff kind , friendly and helpful.
Very impressed.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 11 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

Neville Reilly gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement Surgery

Having struggled for some time with a painful and worn out hip I waited only ten weeks on my surgeons list before being called in for the op.
I cannot speak too highly of the care and attention I received from all of the surgical and nursing teams, in fact from the cleaners through the tea ladies to the very top, they were all magnificent.
I felt I was always considered as an important person who's care and attention were paramount.
The small ward lent itself to friendliness among patients, all aware of what each other were facing or feeling.
It is now two weeks since my discharge and I am making good progress, hoping to be feeling about normal in another week or two.
Thank you to everyone involved in the efficient running of this hospital and the care and dedication with which you perform your duties. Well done all.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 30 May 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the Orthopaedic team at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby when you had your recent hip replacement surgery.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received, and how well you are progressing since your procedure.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

April gave Occupational therapy services at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Physiotherapy

I have been attending for Physio since the end of Jan following a fractured elbow. The treatment I have had has been excellent. My Physio is polite and cheerful. He has kept me motivated to keep exercising despite the pain. I am beginning to believe that I may get near normal use from my damaged elbow if I keep going. The clinic is well run and I have never had to wait for more than 5 mins past my appointment time. Thanks for wonderful care so far.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 24 April 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 28 April 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the physiotherapy department at the Hospital of St Cross.

I see that this is a follow up comment after your elbow surgery at University Hospital in January. It is wonderful to hear that the standard of care you have received has been extremely high and you have given a further five star rating of your treatment. Reading your comments it sounds that you are well on the way to a full recovery and I wish you well in your continued rehabilitation.

The Trust continues to be grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff via our internal news letter.

angie k. gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

After Care

I had thr in February on Cedar Ward the staff were kind and caring but no consultant came to see me after the op. Or before discharge but what worries me most is my follow up appt. Which I was told would be 6 weeks when I got the appt. It was 12 weeks when I phoned up to query this I was told my appt. Was now 2 weeks later making it 14 weeks this is vert worrying as I don't know what I should or should not be doing as the leaflet says "at your consultants discretion" I have rang appts. Dept. But they say they can't do anything I have asked to speak to someone for advice but they did't know who I could speak to they tried to put me through to consultants secretary phone rang for 10 mins then another 10mins in the end she gave me direct number for secretary I tried several times phone rang for 10mins each time but no answer. My GP has been good helping me ,also I had to ring for district nurse as I got bad infection and she asked me where my after care plan was I said I hadn't been given one only discharge letter for GP. I am happy with the care I got while in hospital but I think 14 weeks is far too long for follow up appt. My daughter had the same op in June and had 6 week appt. Arranged the day after discharge so why can't I?

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 22 April 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 April 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your procedure at the Hospital of St Cross in February 2014 and giving a five star rating for your experience.

You are complimentary about the care you received whilst on Cedar Ward but it is discouraging to hear about the subsequent difficulties following discharge. Especially when your daughter had the same procedure but had a more positive experience.

I apologise for the lack of contact you have received since your operation and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and try and get some answers to the questions you have raised. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

CV2 2DX

Telephone 0800 028 4203

Lee brown gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Had to see the out of hours gp at the urgent care centre of st cross hospital at 01.00 last night. The GP on call was fantastic but I was too ill to remember his name. He was very caring and really took his time checking me over. And gave me medication there and then. Even offered too get me a lift home as he wasn't happy with me driving. The only issue was begging the NHS 111 helpline to give me the appointment in the first place.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 14 February 2014