Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Jan Clarke gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Orthopedic department. 10/10

GP referred me for MRI scan on damaged knee. Physiotherapy got result and referred me to surgeon who operated in October at surgical day unit to repair damaged cartilage and assess actual state of joint..Staff were amazing in that unit, it was clean, all members of staff were welcoming and friendly and so efficient and most importantly kind, nursing at its best.
Today I attended for cortisone injection into said kneejoint and after hearing many tales of how painful this was from friends and research was apprehensive. Again 10/10 for treatment received, given by two of the most professional nursing staff you would wish to meet, explanation of all procedures given and expectations following treatment explained. Injection was felt but not painful, if needed again I would willingly repeat. No guarantees given that it will work but worth trying before ultimately requiring a total knee replacement. In Rugby I hope.
Doctors, nurses, physiotherapy, receptionists and all behind the scenes gave me 100% of their time and commitment.
I live in Coventry but have always chosen Rugby for my treatment, plus easy parking!!
I have only used the Orthopedic department but would highly recommend. NHS as it should be.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 10 February 2017

Dear Jan,
Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent experience of having treatment for your damaged knee at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope you're continuing to recover well.
I was really pleased to read your praise for our staff, and that you found everyone who cared for you friendly, efficient and kind. The level of compassion and care that you describe is exactly the level we’d expect from all our staff, so it is really pleasing to read your comments.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments have been shared with the manager and matrons at the hospital.

dutyfree23 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

ouch my knee

Since October I thought nothing really wrong just a banged knee went to the doctors with they kindly tells me oh just house maid knees barkers cyst well this is still going on on September 12 my doctor sends me for one of those lovely banging scans on my knee but that not all 3 months to wait for the answers which came back as torn ligaments wow how nice I asked about work yea you still can go she said but depends on pain well off I went lovely the pain was to die for I work 9 hours a night none stop the pain was getting worse couldn't knee down push up I felt lost so back to the doctors asking what happens now.
Well its a waiting time to see a consultant how long? 7 month shes tells me. well I cried and everything else packed me off with pain killers and sick note. this is now October wow im so bored cant do much bored come on NHS fix me let me get back to work.
when back again to doctors to see if they can push it no yo just got to wait. this cant be right and now im still waiting and we're now in the new year im fed up no work living on crap, lost everything, feel low, lonely fed up, depression, well more for the doctors to deal with, but cant. they too many on there book taking too many on they cant cope.
back again to doctors morphine lovely I don't need drugs I need it fixing so I can get back to work. come on, my doctor told me to write to the GMC
So here I am.
so what happens now all I want is for my knee to be fixed, plus other now, because ive been left too long my right knee is naffed too so come on fix me let me get back to work.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 February 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

Ultra sound scan

I had an ultra sound scan earlier this year at St. Cross hospital. There were two people in the room. I was asked to undress in the room and leave my clothes on a chair. I was then told to sit on a very low plastic step with my back to the person doing the scan, who was extremely scruffy. I asked if they could see the problem but was told I must speak to my GP. I was not allowed to see the screen. The whole thing was not a pleasant experience and I came away rather upset. It was in complete contrast to what happened four years ago when I had an ultra sound scan at University Hospital Coventry. On that occasion a nurse took me to a cubicle where I partly undressed and given a gown to put on. I was then taken to the room where the person doing the scan introduced themselves. I was asked to sit on a comfortable seat facing the person and the screen so that I could see what was happening. They explained what they found. Over the past 55 years I have always had excellent service from the staff at the Hospital of St Cross and always held them in high regard so this experience has left me extremely disappointed.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 10 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Ultrasound department at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.
I’m very sorry to hear that you were upset by the behaviour of a member of our staff and that you were not treated with respect and dignity during your scan. We aim for all our staff members to introduce themselves to patients, and to treat them with compassion, and I am very disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. I have passed your comments on to the managers for both the hospital and the Imaging department so that they can share your comments with the team and try to improve services in future.
If you would like to discuss your care further, you can do so by contacting the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk
If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.
Telephone 0800 028 4203

Madison Plantier gave Gynaecology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff and excellent quality of treatment

I've had a number if treatments and procedures at Rugby St Cross, including a colonoscopy, an endoscopy, a colposcopy, an STI check, an X-ray, and numerous blood tests. Every time I have been to the hospital, the staff have been incredibly friendly, helpful, and obliging. They are the highlight of any visit and always provide the highest standard of care. The hospital is always immaculate and they are always very organised when it comes to providing clean hospital gowns, sterilising equipment, etc. Every appointment I have had there has been kept to time and has run smoothly. It's an absolutely fantastic hospital.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 31 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 06 February 2017

Hello Madison,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about your various visits to the Hospital of St Cross.
I was really pleased to read that during all of your visits, you have found the staff you have encountered to be friendly and helpful, and that they have provided you with such good care. The level of care that you describe is exactly the level we’d expect from all our staff, so it is really pleasing to read your comments. It was also lovely to hear that you have found the hospital to be so clean and organised.

Elena Martin gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care

I had a 24 hours admission in Cedar ward following a knee intervention. All staff was fantastic, from staff to nurses, to HCA's, to housekeeping and kitchen. NHS trusts should take Rugby St Cross hospital as an example of care

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 13 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 January 2017

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent experience on Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross.
I was really pleased to read that you thought all the staff you met were 'fantastic'. The level of compassion and care that you describe is exactly the level we’d expect from all our staff, so it is really pleasing to read your comments.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Friendly & efficient staff

We visited the Rugby Urgent Care Centre as my 3 year old had injured her thumb. The reception staff were really welcoming and friendly and all had a smile which was comforting as we hadn't been there before. Admittedly it wasn't too busy in there but we were seen very quickly by a lovely male nurse who was great with my daughter, very thorough & reassuring. Would definitely recommend.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Rugby Urgent Care Centre after your daughter injured her thumb. I hope she's continuing to recover well.

I was pleased to read that our reception and nursing staff had been welcoming and friendly, and provided you with good care. It was also good to hear that you were seen quickly. These are exactly the standards of care we aim to provide.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments on to the hospital's manager and matrons so they can share your thanks with the teams involved.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Christine Lord gave Occupational therapy services at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 2 stars

Poor communication and management

Having been referred to physio by my GP, I arranged the appointment by telephone before Christmas, and arrived expecting my assessment on Monday 23 January. I had of course put a number of domestic and work arrangements into place to enable me to attend the appointment. On arrival I was informed that the physio with whom my appointment had been made was on a training course and that I could not be seen. The receptionist was clearly embarrassed and very apologetic that the appointment had not been cancelled but surely this should not have happened.! The receptionist went to speak to their Manager, who did not put in an appearance to support them at the time. My appointment was re-arranged and I requested that my car parking ticket should be refunded. Again the receptionist went to talk to the Manager, who again did not come out to speak to me. The receptionist informed me that they would email their Manager and ask them to contact me, explaining the process of getting a refund. Guess what... the Manager did not telephone me. The manager got the receptionist to do it, and of course it is not possible to get a refund. I have worked in local government most of my life, and as a Senior Manager for some 15 years, and I would not have left a member of my team to deal with this situation, I would have cared enough for both my customer and my team member to handle it personally. Mine was a poor customer experience caused by poor communication systems and management. I welcome you comments!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 January 2017

Dear Ms Lord,

I was very sorry to hear about the issues you have faced with the Occupational Therapy services which are based at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

We do not manage this service, but I have passed on your concerns to the organisation which does, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, so that they are aware of your experience.

If you would like to contact them directly, you can make a complaint to their Patient Experience Team on Tel: +44 (0)1926 495 321 ext 8141, Email: PatientExperience@swft.nhs.uk, or in writing to: Patient Experience Team, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust, Warwick Hospital, Lakin Road, Warwick, CV43 5BW

Matthew Guest gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Cannot fault it

Came to St Cross from Manchester to have some specialist surgery on my knee in mid December and cannot pick a single thing wrong with the visit from start to finish. Upon arrival at the hospital I was greeted by fabulous nurses on the Cedar Ward who were able to cater for all needs throughout my stay. The theatre and recovery team were fantastic, helping me remain calm throughout and helping to an efficient return to the ward. The ward staff were again brilliant though out the recovery process, helping me with everything that i needed. The physios were also fantastic, giving suitable advice and exercises at numerous different points during the stay. The nurses all seemed to be happy within their jobs which is something that you don't often see within the NHS. The treatment that I received though St. Cross was exemplary and I would recommend this hospital, particularly this ward, to anyone who is getting surgery. Thank you to all the ward staff, surgeons, theatre staff and physios for their continued hard work within the NHS.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 18 December 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 19 December 2016

Dear Matthew,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on the care provided to you before, during and following your recent knee surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby. I hope you've been recovering well.

It was really good to hear that all the staff you encountered at our hospital were kind and caring and gave you advice for when you left hospital to continue your recovery. It's especially heartening to hear you praise the hospital so highly when you travelled to Rugby from Manchester for your specialist surgery.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron responsible for Cedar Ward so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

halford257 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

Holiday Dialysis

I came to the island to visit my elderly mother I booked into the renal dialysis unit.
I had a warm welcome from the staff for my 3 sessions of dialysis would like to thank all the staff.
I look forward to coming back this year for 2 weeks.
Would highly recomend this unit to other renal patients.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 25 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the Renal Dialysis at University Hospital, Coventry in October 2016.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. I will pass your kind words on to the management team so that they can be shared with the team.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.
Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.
Communications Team University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Patient Opinion Logo

Ashlee Cody-Cameron gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Amazing experience!

Arrived this morning to have my all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed and it would be safe to say I was a nervous wreck. I could not of had a better experience if it had been private. The surgeons, doctors, and nurses, especially the nurses were just amazing! I was so nervous and shaken up going in that I'm afraid I can't remember names but the people who were on call today in the day surgery unit deserve a medal. I'm still in quite abit of pain now which is to be expected but I can't tell you how thankful I am to the people who were with me today. The atmosphere was so calm and relaxed my poor nerves and the people working were just so wonderful, they couldn't do enough for me! Thank you again, I'm afraid I didn't get to thank everyone before I left this afternoon so incase I missed you, thank you so much!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 October 2016

Dear Ashlee,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby to have your wisdom teeth removed. I hope you've been recovering well.

It was especially pleasing to hear how all the staff in the Day Surgery Unit were calm and helped you to relax when you were nervous about the operation.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.