Hospital Of St Cross

Telephone: 01788 572831
Address: Barby Rd, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX
Website: http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/

arthuricho gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

had a brilliant .stay in the day ward for my op

arrived at 7-35 am the nurse on the ward took my details there were other nurses on the ward and 3 more paitents in the next few beds -can i say a big thankyou to all staff and paitents for making the day a good crack -what with all that was going on and the nurses for having the good sense to join in with the banter - it even went into the operating theatre where we all joked and laughed -and a big thankyou for my consultant for being a great surgeon. thankyou all this was on sunday 9th aug thanks all. arthur richardson

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 11 August 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 12 August 2015

Dear Arthur,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is very pleasing to hear about how high you rated your consultant and that you enjoyed talking with the nurses. We will pass your message onto the team.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Paula C gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Minor injuries visit with a baby

Very grateful to the kind care & support given to us when we took our 11month old in after a suspected allergic reaction to something he ate. The reception staff dealt with us efficiently & advised concerning no doctors on site & if further treatment needed we would go to Coventry.
We were taken through quickly & nursing staff were very helpful & efficent in getting the required medical information.
Luckily they were able to assist us without a transfer & we were discharged with medicine & advise.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 27 August 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 28 August 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is particularly pleasing to read that you found our staff "very helpful and efficient".

James gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

Appointment for my 2 yr son got cancelled with short notice

We booked an appointment for my 2 yr son for 3rd of August.

We got a phone call from the hospital on 30th of July to cancel the appointment. Then I try to book again the next available date is 17th of Sept.

After all those waiting, the appointment got cancelled. we have to wait for a another month. and my son is only 2 years

Really really angry with the service.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 31 July 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 06 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on you and your son’s experience at the Hospital of St Cross in July 2015.

I am sorry to hear about your son’s appointment being cancelled at short notice and for the month-long wait for the next available appointment. This isn’t the level of service we would expect and I have shared you concerns with the Modern Matron at the hospital so that we can learn from your experience and try to improve our services.

If you are able to provide more details we would be more than happy to look into this further for you. I would urge you to please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -
PALS
University Hospital
Clifford Bridge Road
Coventry
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

Rob Kantor gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Complicated knee surgery - very good result!

My allograft knee surgery was due on Wednesday, 3 June. From the moment I entered the Ward I was treated with respect and was updated as to when my surgery would begin. One busy character there was prepared to listen and answer questions with humour, proving very helpful, as were all the staff - I was impressed by their appearance and their work ethic.
While waiting tea and coffee was regularly available - the food was acceptable, served with a smile.
The operation was complicated, by one of the best knee surgeons in Europe. I was aware of being back in the ward about 10 p.m. The night nurse introduced themself and personally told us what they were going to do during the night and why the checks were relevant. Superb care and attention given to all in the Ward, it was reassuring.
For the late morning another nurse updated us as to where we would require help and the process of being able to leave the hospital. I needed to see a physiotherapist (very professional) and got advice regarding my pain-killers, after-care and exercises. Being discharged takes time and it is easier when you have people you can trust informing you.
The main reason I am writing this review is because I work in an environment where some people don't provide a good service, and don't work effectively together. In the case of The Hospital of St. Cross the various staff worked very well together, ensuring my experience was a very good one. Thankfully the people there are good humoured and understand their responsibilities to the patient. My view is that St. Cross staff, at times, made me feel as if I was in private care (they deserve a pay rise!). Thank you for helping me and proving why the NHS should be proud of it's workers.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 05 June 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 05 June 2015

Dear Rob

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Orthopaedic Department at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in June 2015.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. Two of our Trust values are Compassion and Partnership, and the description of our staff you give clearly shows they are living our values – which is great to hear.

We know little things like introducing yourself to patients and having drinks readily available can make a big difference to their experience, so it is wonderful to read how the team’s superb care and attention left you feeling reassured about your treatment whilst in our hospital.

I’m very pleased you decided to share your experience on NHS Choices and I will pass on your comments to the hospital manager so that she can share them with the teams involved.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

A short visit, but it set the standard high.

Although the main car parks were further away from the clinic I was visiting, it was easy to navigate round.
Once inside the building was clean and well kept. All the staff I dealt with were courteous, professional and efficient.
A shining example.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 25 June 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 29 June 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in June 2015.

I am delighted to hear that all the staff you had interactions with were ‘courteous, professional and efficient’ and that you found the hospital a ‘shining example’. I shall pass your feedback on to the hospital manager so she can share you thanks with the team.

jgcostell gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied

I had carpal tunnel release surgery, and I can't praise the hospital highly enough.
From the surgeon who operated on me, to all the nurses in the day surgery unit, everyone was so kind and helpful, it made the whole experience very easy.
An awful lot of people are quick to criticise hospital staff these days, but I honestly could not fault any of the staff at Rugby st cross, they were excellent.
I certainly would have no hesitation in recommending Rugby St Cross, to anybody else, and if I were to need further treatment, I would want it to be at this hospital

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 20 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of carpal tunnel release surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in May 2015.

I am very pleased to read your description of our services and that you found our staff excellent and faultless. It is also very reassuring to read that you would be happy to recommend our hospital and to be treated there again if needed.

I shall pass on your comments to the hospital manager and ensure they are shared with the team who treated you so compassionately.

nfm82 gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the team! Superb care

I recently had to pay a visit to the Urgent Care Centre, I was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff treated me politely, were very re-assuring, and offered me the best level of care I could have.

We often complain about our NHS, but this was an example of how amazing the system actually is!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 May 2015

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is fantastic to hear that you believe you had the best care you could have received.

Dave K gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

This is great use it

Went in at 7.30pm, the staff were really upbeat and the feel of the area was positive,
I was given feed back on the medical staffs opinions treated and referred to my GP
It was a real pleasure to be spoken to like an adult

Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 June 2015

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is particularly pleasing to hear your compliments on our staff's friendliness and communication skills.

Anonymous reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

My mum, who is 88 and has multiple illnesses including glaucoma and Parkinson's

My mum, who is 88 and has multiple illnesses including glaucoma and Parkinson's disease, saw an Ophthalmology Consultant yesterday in Rugby. She has asked me to say that it was very good experience. She was looked after very well by everyone in the clinic and the Consultant was very considerate and explained everything in way she could understand. He was skilled at examining her, despite her shakiness and poor mobility, and was very thoughtful. She felt confident and reassured by everyone.
Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 28 May 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 04 June 2015

Dear Steve

Thank you for providing feedback on your mother’s experience with the Neurology and Parkinson’s team at the Hospital of St Cross and University Hospital in October 2014.

I am very pleased to read your description of our services as it matches the level of care the Trust’s expects. It’s reassuring to read how your mother has received the same excellent care whether she has been seen at University Hospital, the Hospital of St Cross or at home and, importantly, that she feels in comfortable with her treatment plan and who to contact if she has any problems.

At what must be a difficult time for your mum it’s pleasing to read that you were both keen to share your appreciation and thanks with us. I will pass on your kind feedback to the teams concerned and ensure your thanks is shared with staff.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices using Patient Opinion.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Emergency stitches

My Father fell over about a month ago . We were advised to go to Rugby were he received excellent treatment . A nurse treated my father and stitched his very difficult wound really well leaving a simple scar of which I am very pleased as is my father . All the staff made my Father feel calm and confident in the treatment he was getting ,he also has Parkinsons and was pleased to chat to the staff about it as they continued the conversation making him very relaxed . Well done St Cross

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 14 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is especially pleasing to hear that our staff helped your father feel calm and confident.