Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Bicquette gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Hematology day unit

I have been under one of the Hematologist for over 10 years. The nurses at the Day unit are fantastic. Friendly, nice, approachable, helpful and invested with the patients. If only every department were like this one..

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Barbara Davoile gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

I was admitted on Thursday 8th September to have my left shoulder replaced for a second time , over the years I have had a lot of operations and always been on cedar female . The level of care right across the board is first class from the minute you arrive , antithesis, theatre staff ,and recovery staff . From the moment you are back on the ward you are made to feel at ease ,any problems you have you can discuss. What I was amazed at is how the staff find time every day to wash or shower all of us on the ward it is done with such dignity but so thorough and it makes you feel so much better. The other thing I noticed was the staff are a proper team, they all got on and this clearly reflects on the care I received. I would like to thank everyone for making my stay comfortable and happy

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 September 2016

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross

day surgery

many thanks to the Dr, nurses etc for the care that my daughter Heather received on 10th September 2016. A wonderful friendly hospital !

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff

I had visited the hospital after having an injury to my thumb, I was very scared about the treatment they had suggested but staff kept me calm and were lovely.I felt welcome and safe in their practice. I had two nurses treat me and both nurses worked well with eachother which was comforting for me.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 11 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby after your recent injury to your thumb.

It was so nice to read your comments about our nurses making you feel safe and calm, and comforting you when you were worried about the treatment you needed. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

emma76 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

I had the privilege of attending the day surgery unit at st cross hospital in rugby. everything from start to finish of my stay there was brilliant, I arrived at 7.30 for a cyst removal and carpal tunnel surgery unfortunately I was one of the last on the list but somebody has to be! I went to theatre and as on the ward the staff were excellent I would like my thanks (if it were possible to find out who they were to be) passed on to the two anesthetists that did my arm block they were amazing. Also the surgeons. A wonderful hospital with staff that are a credit to it.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Dakin, Communications Manager, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Day Surgery Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.
It was so lovely to read your description of our staff and hospital being "excellent" and "wonderful". This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.
I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron, as well as our Clinical Directors for Surgery and Anaesthetics, so they can identify the anaesthetists and surgeons who treated you and pass on your thanks.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.
Thank you for leaving your comments on Patient Opinion.

Patient Opinion Logo

Alice R gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from day surgery team

I attended the Day Surgery Unit at St Cross Hospital yesterday for a septoplasty procedure. From the moment I stepped onto the unit I felt very much at ease and reassured.The Nurses, Student Nurse and HCA's on the unit gave excellent care and were always so friendly to both the patient's and their relatives, ensuring everyones needs were met before and after surgery. I would also like to praise all of the staff down in theatres, including the Anaesthetists, Theatre Nurses and Consultant/Surgeon, who were extremely reassuring and caring just before I had my anaesthetic. It made my first time having an operation and a GA much more bearable and for that, I am extremely grateful. I am also very appreciative of the team in recovery who looked after me so well, when I was still a bit out of it and not knowing what was going on! The care that all of the staff showed was second to none and I would definitely recommend this hospital for elective surgery. Thanks so much to all who were working on Tuesday 16th August x

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences this week of the Day Surgery Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby to have a septoplasty procedure .

It was so nice to read your comments about our staff making you feel so cared for and at ease before and after your operation. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

Patricia sharp gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care.

The care I received on Cedar Ward female was first class. The Sister has such a pride in their ward and it certainly shows. All of the nursing staff are so kind and professional, obviously very well trained. Surgical team were brilliant and put me at ease immediately, we even had a bit of a laugh as it was Friday afternoon and thought they might be in a rush to get home! Physio were most encouraging and made you work really hard, but were also very sensitive to your needs. All in all I could not fault the treatment I received. Even the food was pretty good compared to some hospitals. I did tell the Sister that if I ever had to stay in hospital again I would like it to be Cedar Ward. Forgot to say at first but I have had a total knee replacement and am sure that the fantastic care I received will aid my recovery. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 September 2016

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Cedar Ward-Female at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our nurses being so kind and professional, and our surgery and physiotherapy staff putting you at ease and being sensitive to your needs. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

Ann C gave Ophthalmology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Caring and considerate staff

Any concerns I had were dealt with in detail, everything was explained to me - the care I received was exemplary - frequently asking if I was alright before the operation [although I hadn't mentioned the fact that I was terrified]. All the staff seem dedicated to their jobs and it shows in the way they are ready to help and care for their patients - nothing was too much trouble for them and everything was explained to me carefully

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 01 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 September 2016

Dear Ann,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Ophthalmology at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our Ophthalmology staff being so dedicated and caring - explaining everything in detail and frequently checking you were doing alright.

Gary roche gave Neurology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

First class care

The staff were so kind and caring , it was my first time in hospital and all the staff made me relax and not feel nervous about my operation. The care you receive is second to none. The team at the hospital are a real asset to the NHS , thank you for care and professionalism.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 July 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Neurology at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was lovely to read your comments about our staff being so kind and caring, and reassuring you about your operation. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely experience - Cedar Ward (Male)

I have hardly been into hospital for anything in my life, so didn't really know what to expect. However, Cedar Ward staff were so fantastic from the moment I arrived, and I was treated like such royalty while I was staying there, that I could almost say it's been difficult to go back to mundane everyday life! These nurses and doctors really should get the credit they deserve.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 July 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Cedar (Male) Ward at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby for lumbar decompression surgery in May 2016.

I was really pleased to read about your positive experience and that you felt that all the staff were fantastic. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the nurses and doctors on the ward.