Hospital Of St Cross

Address: Barby Rd, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX
Website: http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/

jgcostell gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied

I had carpal tunnel release surgery, and I can't praise the hospital highly enough.
From the surgeon who operated on me, to all the nurses in the day surgery unit, everyone was so kind and helpful, it made the whole experience very easy.
An awful lot of people are quick to criticise hospital staff these days, but I honestly could not fault any of the staff at Rugby st cross, they were excellent.
I certainly would have no hesitation in recommending Rugby St Cross, to anybody else, and if I were to need further treatment, I would want it to be at this hospital

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 20 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of carpal tunnel release surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in May 2015.

I am very pleased to read your description of our services and that you found our staff excellent and faultless. It is also very reassuring to read that you would be happy to recommend our hospital and to be treated there again if needed.

I shall pass on your comments to the hospital manager and ensure they are shared with the team who treated you so compassionately.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

nfm82 gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the team! Superb care

I recently had to pay a visit to the Urgent Care Centre, I was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff treated me politely, were very re-assuring, and offered me the best level of care I could have.

We often complain about our NHS, but this was an example of how amazing the system actually is!

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 22 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is fantastic to hear that you believe you had the best care you could have received.

Dave K gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

This is great use it

Went in at 7.30pm, the staff were really upbeat and the feel of the area was positive,
I was given feed back on the medical staffs opinions treated and referred to my GP
It was a real pleasure to be spoken to like an adult

Thank you.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 26 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Emergency stitches

My Father fell over about a month ago . We were advised to go to Rugby were he received excellent treatment . A nurse treated my father and stitched his very difficult wound really well leaving a simple scar of which I am very pleased as is my father . All the staff made my Father feel calm and confident in the treatment he was getting ,he also has Parkinsons and was pleased to chat to the staff about it as they continued the conversation making him very relaxed . Well done St Cross

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 14 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is especially pleasing to hear that our staff helped your father feel calm and confident.

jennifer watson gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

brilliant from start to finish couldn't fault any staff

The information and decision making was a joint choice. From start to finish I was allowed to go at my own pace. With the exceptionally brilliant staff I was passed fit to return home the next day. I can't praise them enough well done.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 07 March 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 09 March 2015

Dear Jennifer

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Orthopaedic Department at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby in March 2015.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and you were involved in the decision making about your care. I’m also very pleased to hear you can’t praise our exceptional staff enough; I have forwarded your comments to department manager so the team can be thanked on your behalf.

Viveak Phull gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 3 stars

Operation

Dear Sir/Madam

Before I start, I would like to say that I have not yet visited this site yet as my operation is supposed to be at this hospital and all communications have been via phone and correspondence.

I have been waiting to have my operation on my knee for over 6 months. I was supposed to have my operation in March, only to have it cancelled and moved by a month and half because I was placed on the 'wrong list'. I gave the benifit of the doubt and accepted to have my date changed to the 7th April 2015. I have now received a phone call to say it will be moved again to the 14th April 2015. Yes it is only a week, but for someone who has been waiting over 6 months to have this operation a week can feel like a long time. I asked as to why this was and the answer I got was it was at th consultant's request. I am now in the fear of receiving a phone call each time to say it is cancelled.

I have been in a lot pain through out this time and have been out of sporting activities. This has caused me a substansial amount of inconvenience as I now feel insecure about myself due not having this operation any sooner. I simply want this procedure done. I have a holiday booked for the 2nd June 2015 and want to be off crutches by then but if this procedure keeps getting delayed, I won't be.

I cannot express how much I need this done, with regards to the pain everyday. Please can this be looked into.

Kind Regards,
Viveak Phull

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 09 April 2015

Dear Viveak

Thank you for taking the time to get leave feedback about your experience with our service prior to having your operation.

I apologise that you have had to wait over six months for your knee operation as we try hard to reduce waiting times and treat patients as soon as possible.

After seeing your post it was clear that you have not received the level of service we expect and our communications with you should have been better to avoid confusion, so again I would like to apologise for this.

I would urge you to contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203, so we can look into this further. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -
PALS
University Hospital
Clifford Bridge Road
Coventry
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 2 stars

Minor injuries clinic sexist - was misdiagnosed and ignored.

Very disappointed with the minor injuries clinic.

I went in with very severe pain in my big toe - stabbing pains in the joint that were preventing me from sleeping. It was in an area that I had previously broken, and I had recently been very active on it, so I was concerned that it had re-broken or the fracture had healed wrong.

I also had a skin rash, which I have self-diagnosed to be pityriasis rosea, but I needed confirmation on that before I could give blood. Given that this clinic was also apparently for skin conditions, I thought I would also ask about that - in case it was syphilis!

I went in, and it was evident I was being laughed at by the first gentleman who took my details. He did, however, note down both conditions. I was disheartened, and made to feel like I was making a fuss, but thought that perhaps when I saw the next doctor they would take me seriously.

The next doctor looked at my foot, ignoring all my statements about extreme pain in the night, and told me that it was just rubbed up a bit from wearing high heels. I told him that I haven't work high heels in over a year, haven't recently changed my footwear, and indeed go barefoot most of the time at home.
I also asked why this would cause stabbing pains in the joint at night, to which he replied 'well, there's not a lot in there [the toe], so it's got to be inflammation from the wrong shoes.'
I had not felt any rubbing at all, and the skin itself was fine, but he was clearly not interested.

I was about to ask about the skin rash, which he should have had written on his notes, when he said 'ok then' and just walked away.

I left feeling humiliated, undiagnosed, and in continued pain. The fact that he assumed I'd been wearing heels, and that I was making a fuss about the pain, shows an unacceptable degree of sexism.

I spoke to some friends about the experience afterwards, and they immediately diagnosed me with gout in my toe. This fits all the symptoms, and I am (unsurprisingly) not inclined to see a doctor to confirm this, given my previosu treatment. I shall have to deal with it myself.

That a doctor could not recognise this as gout, and that the extreme pain that I was in should be ignored, is absurd. I cannot help but think that had I been a man, the doctor would have believed me about the pain, and not simply assumed that I'd been wearing high heels too often - a diagnosis which even an uneducated layman would discount.

Also, the fact that he did not even look at, acknowledge, or attempt to diagnose my skin condition is appalling.

The clinic was not busy, there was only one other person, and fortunately the waiting time was only around 15 minutes. If there were lots of other emergencies I would have understood, but this was unacceptable.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 27 February 2015

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Kelly100 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

She is 89 years of age and just prior to Christmas had a complete knee...

She is 89 years of age and just prior to Christmas had a complete knee replacement operation. She was admitted to the Cedar Ward and was given every consideration and attention by all the nursing staff during her stay. She was made very comfortable and given every support. For which I feel helped her regain her confidence to walk again so quickly.
The consultant/surgeon was excellent during her stay. Not only performing the operation but overseeing her progress afterwards. Their assurances and attention towards my Mother's wellbeing during her stay at St. Cross Hospital, I feel, helped towards my mother's speedy recovery not only during her stay but on her return home.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 04 January 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 14 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is fantastic to hear how highly you regarded our staff and that they helped your Mother get her confidence back.

SueS reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

X-ray department at St.Cross

Although the overall care and cleanliness at St. Cross is Excellent some staff in ancilliary
departments do not understand the seriousness of allergies, particularly Latex.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 19 February 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 May 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the X-Ray Department at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in February 2015.

I’m pleased to read you found the overall care and cleanliness to be excellent. I’m sorry that you felt some staff didn't understand the seriousness of allergies. I would like to reassure you that all staff are trained to ask patients about their allergies and alternative equipment is available, such as latex-free gloves, for patients who suffer with allergies. However, I will pass your concerns on to the management at the Hospital of St Cross.

Thank you for leaving your comments.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 2 stars

unhappy with waiting time with injured child

i went to a and e last night we sat in a dirty waiting area for hours and hours there was bloody tissues on floor that we not removed even when i brought this to the attention of staff they still remained on floor nurses were rude and when i asked how much longer we would be waiting after a 3 hour wait we were told we were next when we clearly wasnt and still waited over another hour to be seen my son was in pain the whole time he was not offered any pain relief at all they was no care at all

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 12 November 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 29 December 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Urgent Care Centre in the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby in November 2014.

I am disappointed to hear that the cleanliness levels were not as expected in the waiting area; this is not the high standard we expect. I would also like to apologise if you felt any of our staff were rude, one of our Trust values is compassion and we expect staff to be polite and helpful at all times.

I have raised your concerns with the Modern Matron at Hospital of St Cross so we can improve our service, ensuring the waiting area cleanliness is maintained and remind staff of their compassion value.

At times patients will unfortunately experience long waits at the Urgent Care Centre, however your son should have been offered pain relief early on during your visit.

I would encourage you to discuss aspects of your son’s care further, please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -