Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Anonymous gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Unacceptable waiting time in blood taking dept.

My partner visited the above unit on 30 4 2016 for a blood test

After waiting 15 mins in a queue tonget to the reception desk she was told that there was a waiting time of about an hour. The waiting room was packed with no chairs available and many people standing including elderly patients.

The small waiting area needs to be addressed, as does the issue of not enough chairs for elderly and infirm patients . I
I fully appreciate that our health service is under enormous pressure, but surely more chairs can be provided in the waiting area . My partner was unable to stand for that length of time so had nomoption but to leave, as did 2 other patients ahead of her.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 06 April 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your partner’s experience in the Friends Blood Taking Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in April 2016.

I was very sorry to hear about your concerns, and I apologise for the delays which your partner faced earlier this month in the new unit. I would also like to apologise that there was not sufficient seating available at this time.

I have passed on your comments to the team at the Friends Blood Taking Unit. Since the new unit opened in December 2015, there have been very high levels of demand. However, the average waiting time for patients to be seen is currently less than 20 minutes, and so I would like to reassure both yourself and your partner that the waits which she experienced on this day are not typical for the unit.

I am also pleased to confirm that a new appointments system for blood taking is due to be introduced in the coming months. This is expected to further reduce waiting times, and should also help ensure that there is more space and seating available for patients while they wait to be seen.

If you or your partner would like to discuss any aspects of her care further, then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -
PALS,
University Hospital,
Clifford Bridge Road,
Coventry.
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

JaneO gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Cedar Female Ward

Went in for a knee operation. Cedar female ward was brilliant. It was clean and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Really good.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 09 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 12 April 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Cedar Female Ward at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby following a knee operation in April 2016.

I was really pleased to read about your experience and that you were impressed in particular by the cleanliness of the ward and the attentive care shown by our staff. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the relevant Modern Matrons so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Blood taking department (children)

Fantastic service for children the new room, toys and large chair for children were brilliant the staff were skilled and very very kind, I noticed they were very busy, but still maintained positive friendly attitudes towards patients

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 19 April 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your family's experience of attending the new Friends Blood Taking Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in April 2016.

I am delighted to hear that your family had such a positive experience in our hospital and that our staff were skilled and kind. Our staff have worked hard to develop the new unit, and so it's encouraging to hear that the new facilities are helping to improve the experience for young patients.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments onto the hospital manager, and the manager of the unit so that they can be shared with the team.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

Contacting Reception of Maxillofacial Department

Needed to speak urgently with above department and rang telephone line shown on this website. Rolling recorded message told me that busiest times were 9am until noon and were best avoided and that I should call back later. I was calling at 3pm. I sat on hold listening alternately to a ringing tone and then a recorded message for in excess of half an hour. Gave up in the end and obliged to go elsewhere. Hugely frustrating that the hospital cannot be bothered to -
1) man areas where they have phones
2) pick up a ringing phone
3) have enough staff to cover an obviously busy telephone line

It's one of the three.

At the least get a phone that suggests where you are in the queue. With this I'd have known if I was in fact waiting for a queue to be processed or if there was just no one going to answer the phone.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 21 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Janice Huff gave Ophthalmology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Diagnostic

I was referred to St Cross by my GP & was very impressed by the care taken to establish the cause of my eye problem and by the kindness shown by the staff. I would have no hesitation in recommending your Hospital.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 07 March 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 March 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Ophthalmology Department at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in March 2016

I am really pleased to read about your experience and that you were very impressed by the care and kindness shown by our staff. It is also nice to read that you would not hesitate to recommend out hospital to your friends and family.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager so she can share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 4 stars

Experience of the new blood unit

Although awkward and confusing to find the whole experience while in was amazing. The reception staff were lovely and kind, cheerful even though it was busy. The upto date system seemed to run very smoothly and efficiently. Staff were very welcoming and I was seen to very quickly, although it is only short time to be in the bloods unit the staff I was with taken a vested interest in me!

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 22 March 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 29 March 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is fantastic that you felt you met welcoming staff and that the service was ran efficiently.

Jo gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Visit to the A@E department

I had the need to call the 111 service as my son was poorly, they booked me an appointment at St Cross to see a doctor/nurse, on arrival the reception staff already knew i was on my way and i was seen to straight away no waiting.
The nurse that we seen was fantastic, they spoke to my son who is 4 and asked him what was wrong, they made my child feel comfortable and made it a fun experience not a scary one, i am really happy with the service that we recieved, my son talked about the nurse all the way home, all good.
Very satisfied with the service i recieved my son will now have good thoughts about hospitals and not the ones he had before he went, he was expecting lots of blood his words.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 02 March 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 10 March 2016

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is great to hear that your son was seen quickly and made to feel comfortable while he was at the hospital.
Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Joanne Loxton gave Diagnostic Imaging at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 4 stars

Cancelled MRI Scan

I had an appointment for a MRI Scan on Sunday 20th December 2015, I had a lot of problems trying to get a scan in the first place because I have had a back problem for many months, finely I get a scan, and to find out on the morning that I arrived at 8.30am it got cancelled, ok, not there fault as the machine broke down, but the fact of the matter is now I'm going to be put back to the bottom of the list, I think this is so wrong. Now things are going to prolong any treatment I may need, and I have to suffer in pain a lot longer. I don't see why I can't be transferred to another hospital for a scan to take place, before Xmas???

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am sorry to hear that the scanner was broken when you arrived for your appointment. Many hospitals are busy across the country at this time of year, so a transfer may not have been possible, but I am sure you will be given your next appointment as soon as possible. If you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
If you would like to discuss aspects of your care further then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - PALS University Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry
CV2 2DX
Communications Team
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone 0800 028 4203

Anonymous gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Emergency dvt appointment

I was sent to the dvt clinic by my Gp who phoned through for an emergency appointment. for a suspected dvt. I was seen straight away no queuing and treatment started. Was given a scan appointment for next day again at St cross and immediately back to dvt clinic for results and any further treatment. The staff were lovely and caring and explained everything and it was so much nicer than having to travel to Coventry hospital and wait hours as has been my previous experience.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 24 December 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is very pleasing to read that you got lovely and caring staff and a very efficient service.

justin romanow gave at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

The staff here are fantastic!

Nobody likes to go to hospital but the staff at Rugby St Cross are so warm and supportive! These deliver an amazing service and even when they are busy have such a pleasant and reassuring manner. Please please bring back the full Emergency department to Rugby.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 04 January 2016

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It fantastic to read that you feel that our staff are warm and supportive and that they deliver an amazing service.