Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Gary roche gave Neurology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

First class care

The staff were so kind and caring , it was my first time in hospital and all the staff made me relax and not feel nervous about my operation. The care you receive is second to none. The team at the hospital are a real asset to the NHS , thank you for care and professionalism.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely experience - Cedar Ward (Male)

I have hardly been into hospital for anything in my life, so didn't really know what to expect. However, Cedar Ward staff were so fantastic from the moment I arrived, and I was treated like such royalty while I was staying there, that I could almost say it's been difficult to go back to mundane everyday life! These nurses and doctors really should get the credit they deserve.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 09 July 2016

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

A big 'thank you'.

This is the third time that I have had to go to St Cross for day surgery and on all occasions the staff have been very caring and professional. A lovely, friendly approach.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 10 July 2016

malcolmlayton1 gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

first class hospital

I was treated very well throughout my stay ...all staff were excellent ...even the food was good!!...I am going back for another new knee and have no worries about going

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 30 June 2016

David Morris reviewed Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross

Ultra efficient and friendly staff

I was admitted to the Cedar ward on the 24th of May for lumbar decompression surgery, the staff were very attentive and everything ran very smoothly. Unfortunately I was towards the end of the surgery of that afternoon meaning it was some time before I was allowed to eat due to the aesthetic, the staff nurse was able to secure some hot food late at night for me.
The only downside was that the TV and phone system were offline, than again this has more to do with the crappy private company running that service. I was told whoever was in charge was trying to get that sorted but compared to everything else this was a minor issue.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 27 May 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Cedar (Male) Ward at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby for lumbar decompression surgery in May 2016.

I was really pleased to read about your positive experience and that you were impressed in particular by the attentive care shown by our staff. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

However, I was disappointed to read that the TV and telephone service were not available during your stay. I am sorry for any inconvenience and would like to thank you very much for raising this with a member of staff so that this could be raised with the external company that runs this service.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

kevin M gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Carpal tunnel operation

Staff at this hospital were very good and understanding of your needs, every thing was explained in simple terms which could be understood. The theatre staff and nurses were excellent in every way. The surgeon was excellent throughout and explained after the surgery what i needed to do. The recovery room staff were chatty which is good and makes you all at ease after you operation. I thank the staff and very everybody at Rugby St Cross for a stress free operation.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 31 May 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience to have carpal tunnel surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

I was really pleased to read about your experience and that you were impressed with the way that staff explained your procedure to you, and the care provided to you before, during and after your surgery. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

Alley Harling gave Nephrology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

brilliant!

I cannot thank enough every member of staff at St Cross from pre-op to aneathastists to cedar ward staff, and my amazing surgeon for making me feel welcomed, comfortable well cared for and relaxed. You all do a brilliant job, and should not go unnoticed :).
Alley Harling

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 30 May 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 June 2016

Dear Alley,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

I was really pleased to read about your experience and that you were impressed with the way that every member of staff cared for you. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Thank you again for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Unacceptable waiting time in blood taking dept.

My partner visited the above unit on 30 4 2016 for a blood test

After waiting 15 mins in a queue tonget to the reception desk she was told that there was a waiting time of about an hour. The waiting room was packed with no chairs available and many people standing including elderly patients.

The small waiting area needs to be addressed, as does the issue of not enough chairs for elderly and infirm patients . I
I fully appreciate that our health service is under enormous pressure, but surely more chairs can be provided in the waiting area . My partner was unable to stand for that length of time so had nomoption but to leave, as did 2 other patients ahead of her.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 06 April 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your partner’s experience in the Friends Blood Taking Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in April 2016.

I was very sorry to hear about your concerns, and I apologise for the delays which your partner faced earlier this month in the new unit. I would also like to apologise that there was not sufficient seating available at this time.

I have passed on your comments to the team at the Friends Blood Taking Unit. Since the new unit opened in December 2015, there have been very high levels of demand. However, the average waiting time for patients to be seen is currently less than 20 minutes, and so I would like to reassure both yourself and your partner that the waits which she experienced on this day are not typical for the unit.

I am also pleased to confirm that a new appointments system for blood taking is due to be introduced in the coming months. This is expected to further reduce waiting times, and should also help ensure that there is more space and seating available for patients while they wait to be seen.

If you or your partner would like to discuss any aspects of her care further, then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -
PALS,
University Hospital,
Clifford Bridge Road,
Coventry.
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

JaneO gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Cedar Female Ward

Went in for a knee operation. Cedar female ward was brilliant. It was clean and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Really good.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 09 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 12 April 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Cedar Female Ward at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby following a knee operation in April 2016.

I was really pleased to read about your experience and that you were impressed in particular by the cleanliness of the ward and the attentive care shown by our staff. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the relevant Modern Matrons so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Blood taking department (children)

Fantastic service for children the new room, toys and large chair for children were brilliant the staff were skilled and very very kind, I noticed they were very busy, but still maintained positive friendly attitudes towards patients

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 15 April 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 19 April 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your family's experience of attending the new Friends Blood Taking Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in April 2016.

I am delighted to hear that your family had such a positive experience in our hospital and that our staff were skilled and kind. Our staff have worked hard to develop the new unit, and so it's encouraging to hear that the new facilities are helping to improve the experience for young patients.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. I have passed your kind comments onto the hospital manager, and the manager of the unit so that they can be shared with the team.