Check here for alerts

Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Ashlee Cody-Cameron gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Amazing experience!

Arrived this morning to have my all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed and it would be safe to say I was a nervous wreck. I could not of had a better experience if it had been private. The surgeons, doctors, and nurses, especially the nurses were just amazing! I was so nervous and shaken up going in that I'm afraid I can't remember names but the people who were on call today in the day surgery unit deserve a medal. I'm still in quite abit of pain now which is to be expected but I can't tell you how thankful I am to the people who were with me today. The atmosphere was so calm and relaxed my poor nerves and the people working were just so wonderful, they couldn't do enough for me! Thank you again, I'm afraid I didn't get to thank everyone before I left this afternoon so incase I missed you, thank you so much!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 October 2016

Dear Ashlee,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby to have your wisdom teeth removed. I hope you've been recovering well.

It was especially pleasing to hear how all the staff in the Day Surgery Unit were calm and helped you to relax when you were nervous about the operation.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff and superb treatment

Visited during a very busy period with my seven year old who had injured his hand. Despite being busy I was kept informed of waiting times and even got to watch TV in the waiting area which was a big bonus for my son! Seen well within the times we were given. Nurses are all lovely. Thank you.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 16 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 November 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of the Rugby Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross when you brought your son after he injured his hand. I hope he's been doing well since his accident.

It's especially good to hear that our nurses took such good care of your son. It's also really heartening to hear that despite the unit being busy, our staff kept you updated throughout and didn't keep you waiting longer than you expected.

Dee gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hospital

I recently returned from a trio to Toronto, where i had to attend the general hospital because of an accident, It made me realise how fortunate we are to have St Cross on our doorstep. Toronto General was dirty. Facilities, privacy and personal respect for patients were very poor and we had to pay well over £600 for the appointment and X rays. When i came home and attended St Cross for follow up, the contrast was extreme. St Cross was clean, had very good facilities, was well organised and all staff I came into contact with were kind and efficient. Within just over an hour i had seen the consultant, had X rays and returned to see the consultant and was on my way home, feeling happy that i had been treated so well. Thank goodness for St Cross and the NHS!

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 23 October 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 November 2016

Dear Dee,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experiences of using the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby for follow-up care after an accident you had in Canada. I hope you've been recovering well.

The praise you have given to all of our staff was lovely to read, and I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

It's also really nice to hear that you found our hospital well-organised and clean with good facilities, and that you didn't have long to wait for your x-rays and appointment with the consultant. These are exactly the kind of standards which we aim to achieve for all our patients.

We are grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Bicquette gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Hematology day unit

I have been under one of the Hematologist for over 10 years. The nurses at the Day unit are fantastic. Friendly, nice, approachable, helpful and invested with the patients. If only every department were like this one..

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 09 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Haematology service at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby over the last 10 years.

It was especially pleasing to hear how friendly and helpful the nurses in the Haematology Day Unit have been to you over this time.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Barbara Davoile gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

I was admitted on Thursday 8th September to have my left shoulder replaced for a second time , over the years I have had a lot of operations and always been on cedar female . The level of care right across the board is first class from the minute you arrive , antithesis, theatre staff ,and recovery staff . From the moment you are back on the ward you are made to feel at ease ,any problems you have you can discuss. What I was amazed at is how the staff find time every day to wash or shower all of us on the ward it is done with such dignity but so thorough and it makes you feel so much better. The other thing I noticed was the staff are a proper team, they all got on and this clearly reflects on the care I received. I would like to thank everyone for making my stay comfortable and happy

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 14 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Surgery at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our staff providing first class care to you and the other patients on the ward, and making sure you were always comfortable and happy. This is exactly the standard of care that we aim to provide to all our patients.

I will pass on your kind comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross

day surgery

many thanks to the Dr, nurses etc for the care that my daughter Heather received on 10th September 2016. A wonderful friendly hospital !

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 26 September 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on following your daughter Heather's visit to our Day Surgery Unit earlier this month.

I'm so pleased to hear that the doctors and nurses provided Heather with such good care and that they were so friendly to you both.

I will pass on your comments to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron so they can share your thanks with the team involved.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff

I had visited the hospital after having an injury to my thumb, I was very scared about the treatment they had suggested but staff kept me calm and were lovely.I felt welcome and safe in their practice. I had two nurses treat me and both nurses worked well with eachother which was comforting for me.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 11 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby after your recent injury to your thumb.

It was so nice to read your comments about our nurses making you feel safe and calm, and comforting you when you were worried about the treatment you needed. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

emma76 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

I had the privilege of attending the day surgery unit at st cross hospital in rugby. everything from start to finish of my stay there was brilliant, I arrived at 7.30 for a cyst removal and carpal tunnel surgery unfortunately I was one of the last on the list but somebody has to be! I went to theatre and as on the ward the staff were excellent I would like my thanks (if it were possible to find out who they were to be) passed on to the two anesthetists that did my arm block they were amazing. Also the surgeons. A wonderful hospital with staff that are a credit to it.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Sarah Dakin, Communications Manager, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of the Day Surgery Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.
It was so lovely to read your description of our staff and hospital being "excellent" and "wonderful". This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.
I have passed your comments on to the Hospital Manager and the Modern Matron, as well as our Clinical Directors for Surgery and Anaesthetics, so they can identify the anaesthetists and surgeons who treated you and pass on your thanks.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.
Thank you for leaving your comments on Patient Opinion.

Patient Opinion Logo

Alice R gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from day surgery team

I attended the Day Surgery Unit at St Cross Hospital yesterday for a septoplasty procedure. From the moment I stepped onto the unit I felt very much at ease and reassured.The Nurses, Student Nurse and HCA's on the unit gave excellent care and were always so friendly to both the patient's and their relatives, ensuring everyones needs were met before and after surgery. I would also like to praise all of the staff down in theatres, including the Anaesthetists, Theatre Nurses and Consultant/Surgeon, who were extremely reassuring and caring just before I had my anaesthetic. It made my first time having an operation and a GA much more bearable and for that, I am extremely grateful. I am also very appreciative of the team in recovery who looked after me so well, when I was still a bit out of it and not knowing what was going on! The care that all of the staff showed was second to none and I would definitely recommend this hospital for elective surgery. Thanks so much to all who were working on Tuesday 16th August x

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 17 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 18 August 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences this week of the Day Surgery Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby to have a septoplasty procedure .

It was so nice to read your comments about our staff making you feel so cared for and at ease before and after your operation. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.

Patricia sharp gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care.

The care I received on Cedar Ward female was first class. The Sister has such a pride in their ward and it certainly shows. All of the nursing staff are so kind and professional, obviously very well trained. Surgical team were brilliant and put me at ease immediately, we even had a bit of a laugh as it was Friday afternoon and thought they might be in a rush to get home! Physio were most encouraging and made you work really hard, but were also very sensitive to your needs. All in all I could not fault the treatment I received. Even the food was pretty good compared to some hospitals. I did tell the Sister that if I ever had to stay in hospital again I would like it to be Cedar Ward. Forgot to say at first but I have had a total knee replacement and am sure that the fantastic care I received will aid my recovery. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 15 September 2016

Dear Patricia,

Thank you for providing feedback on your experiences of Cedar Ward-Female at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

It was so nice to read your comments about our nurses being so kind and professional, and our surgery and physiotherapy staff putting you at ease and being sensitive to your needs. This is exactly the standard of care which we aim to provide to all our patients.