Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Joanne Loxton gave Diagnostic Imaging at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 4 stars

Cancelled MRI Scan

I had an appointment for a MRI Scan on Sunday 20th December 2015, I had a lot of problems trying to get a scan in the first place because I have had a back problem for many months, finely I get a scan, and to find out on the morning that I arrived at 8.30am it got cancelled, ok, not there fault as the machine broke down, but the fact of the matter is now I'm going to be put back to the bottom of the list, I think this is so wrong. Now things are going to prolong any treatment I may need, and I have to suffer in pain a lot longer. I don't see why I can't be transferred to another hospital for a scan to take place, before Xmas???

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 21 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am sorry to hear that the scanner was broken when you arrived for your appointment. Many hospitals are busy across the country at this time of year, so a transfer may not have been possible, but I am sure you will be given your next appointment as soon as possible. If you have any other concerns, do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
If you would like to discuss aspects of your care further then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: - PALS University Hospital Clifford Bridge Road Coventry
CV2 2DX
If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.
Communications Team
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Telephone 0800 028 4203

Anonymous gave Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Emergency dvt appointment

I was sent to the dvt clinic by my Gp who phoned through for an emergency appointment. for a suspected dvt. I was seen straight away no queuing and treatment started. Was given a scan appointment for next day again at St cross and immediately back to dvt clinic for results and any further treatment. The staff were lovely and caring and explained everything and it was so much nicer than having to travel to Coventry hospital and wait hours as has been my previous experience.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 24 December 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is very pleasing to read that you got lovely and caring staff and a very efficient service.
The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.
Telephone: 0800 028 4203

justin romanow gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

The staff here are fantastic!

Nobody likes to go to hospital but the staff at Rugby St Cross are so warm and supportive! These deliver an amazing service and even when they are busy have such a pleasant and reassuring manner. Please please bring back the full Emergency department to Rugby.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 04 January 2016

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It fantastic to read that you feel that our staff are warm and supportive and that they deliver an amazing service.

Rob McCaig gave Urology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service provided by Willow Endoscopy Unit (St.X)

Arrived at Willow Ward Reception at 10:35 on Tuesday 22nd December 2015. Five minutes early but no problem and formalities quickly dealt with and shown to clean, quiet and comfortable waiting room. At 10:40 more paperwork completed and then another short wait before being shown to spacious and clean changing room. A further wait but time to read the next chapter of current book before being shown to Endoscopy Unit presided over by the Consultant Urological Surgeon assisted by two other members of staff. Pleasant, spacious room and before I knew it, the Consultant was giving the all-clear and "see you again in 12 months time". Best news for a long while. Hope I can return to St. Cross in 12 months as it is a quiet, calm, clean and efficiently run hospital. Easy journey from Westwood Heath, Coventry and easy and reasonably priced parking. All credit to the whole Endoscopy Unit Team.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 31 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 January 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the Endoscopy Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby in December 2015.

I am delighted to read your comments about the care you received. Your experience describes exactly the level of service and care that we expect, so it is reassuring to read your review of the Willow Endoscopy Unit. It is also pleasing that the level of service appears to have consistent from your arrival at the clinic to leaving.

I will pass your comments with the Hospital Manager so she can pass share you thanks with the teams involved.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Joanne Loxton gave Diagnostic Imaging at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

MRI Scan

I had already left a review on here a couple of days ago due to my MRI being cancelled by the hospital, but I have to say after speaking with my doctors surgery and the staff in the MRI department my scan appointment was re-booked, just had it today 23rd December 2015 along with a bit of two and throwing we got there in the end. So I would like to thank all the staff involved for getting me in for a scan much sooner than expected.

I wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

Joanne Loxton

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 23 December 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 25 January 2016

Dear Joanne,
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. We will pass your message on to the MRI staff.

Cath Williams gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

5 star service

I have just been discharged from Cedar Ward and was very impressed with the excellent care I received during and following my knee replacement surgery The doctors , nurses , care assistants , physiotherapists, porters and domestic staff were exceptional in maintaining a friendly, professional and caring attitude at all times. As a Registered nurse myself I would like to say thankyou and well done CedarvWard I am proud to call myself a nurse

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 22 October 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 23 October 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is particularly pleasing to read that you felt our staff had a friendly, professional and caring attitude. We shall be passing your comments onto the staff.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery

From the moment i entered the ward I could not fault the treatment received from all the staff. Especially one in particular. All patients were treated as an individual which put me at ease straight away. I was consulted on all aspects of my operation from going to theatre, aftercare both in recovery room & ward & being discharged with after care instructions. Keep up the good work

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 06 November 2015

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Mark bradshaw gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff

Hi

Today my daughter had a accident at school and required hospital treatment .. Unsure on whether to take her to Coventry hospital or Rugby St Cross. I opted for the latter and took her to the urgent care unit. By taking her there I was met with the most efficient service by our nhs. The nurses were great with her And the care and treatment was exceptional. I can't thank them enough. My daughter was fine and is recovering well. She felt at ease with the staff after being unsure as she doesn't usually let anyone look at her when she's ill or hurt. Big thumbs up to St Cross Nurse on duty.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 08 October 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 12 October 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at University Hospital, Coventry.
I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. It is fantastic to hear how highly you rated the nurses in the Urgent Care Centre and that your daughter was put at ease. We will pass on your thanks to them.

Janice rouse gave Plastic surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 4 stars

disappointed

I came in with my partner who was due for a general anaesthetic, we we're told to arrive for 7.30 in the morning for his op-he did not go down until approx 11.50am-not really acceptable as he had had nothing to eat since 6pm the previous evening. Not only were we tired-having left the house at 6am from coventry on public transport but we were both hungry and thirsty, yes I could have left him to seek a drink for myself but I felt I needed to stay with him as he was quite nervous, I was not at any time offered a drink but a relative that had been there for approx 45mins was offered a cup of tea! I decided to go to the cafe-but really wish I hadn't-the food was tasteless-the chips were so hard, the custard full of powdery limbs and the cutlery was absolutely filthy. I was really disappointed.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 08 October 2015

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Sharon gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to everyone involved in my care on the Cedar Ward

I had a very short stay on the Cedar Ward recently and wanted to thank everyone that i came across for their kindness, helpfulness and humour. I could not have asked for better treatment or more helpful staff. The food also gains 5 stars from me. Thank you again for making my stay as pleasant as possible.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 24 September 2015

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 25 September 2015

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience on Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby, in September 2015.

I’m delighted to read that you had a positive experience in our hospital and that you wanted to thank our staff for their “kindness, helpfulness and humour”. I am also pleased that you rated our food so highly during your stay.

I have passed on your comments to the Hospital Manager so she can share your kind words with the team.