Hospital Of St Cross

Address: Barby Rd, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX
Website: http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent friendly service

I woke up in the middle of the night with severe earache following an ear syringe at my local GP practice. I visited the walk in centre at 5am and the staff were friendly and quickly diagnosed and treated me for an ear infection. I was really very impressed with the service I received and very grateful as I was then able to get some sleep. Many thanks.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 13 October 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of our Urgent Care Centre at Hospital of St Cross, Rugby in October 2014, when you visited us for diagnosis and treatment of an ear infection.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

Please be assured that the Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Nicholas Leahy gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Accident with axe

Would like to thank all the brilliant staff of this unit for fixing my thumb after a little accident I had.

Nicholas Leahy

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 01 November 2014

Jacquelineiris gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery Unit

On Friday the 12th September I went into the day surgery unit at Rugby St Cross for a knee arthroscopy
I cannot speak too highly of the care and attention I received from all of the surgical and nursing teams, they were all magnificent. I was very scared of having the General Anaesthetic as I have had problems in the past both with sickness and waking up. The anaesthetist was wonderful putting me at ease and offering me a spinal block so I could be awake, unfortunately this did not work for me and I had to have a general anaesthetic after all. The staff were excellent and it was only because of their kindness that I felt more confident .This kindness continued into the recovery room when I woke up with no sickness and the anaesthetist even came to check that I was alright. The aftercare on the day ward was second to none and the nurses were very caring nothing was too much trouble for them and when I had a small problem and was informed I would have to move to a ward and stay overnight once again I was made at ease by the staff. I just want to say thank you to everyone for looking after me you were all brilliant.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 14 September 2014

darren gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

great

Had to come here for day surgery ( knee arthroscopy) absolutely amazing the nursing staff where great hospital was clean i really can't fault the whole experience i had the same procedure a year ago at Nuneaton which was shockingly bad so thanks to all at St Cross for restoring my faith in the nhs. Keep up the good work

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 27 September 2014

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Ruth Phillips gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Came in briefly with my mom who had an MRI scan for her tooth problem. Wonderful , quick care! Very clean and friendly staff ! Highly recommend ;)

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 03 November 2014

Kim beasley gave Neurology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

L3 L4 decompression

As soon as i entered the cedar ward the nurse made me feel at ease, and all the staff were excellent, i was very scared of having the operation but was made at ease by all the staff. Just want to say thank you to everyone for looking after me and my surgeon was absolutly brilliant. a great big thankyou what would we do without you

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 16 July 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 17 July 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience on Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience and that you were very happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

omnipeta gave Plastic surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service 5 stars

I write to you in respect to the impeccable treatment that I’ve received over the last 5 years at Rugby St Cross hospital. I have been under the care of a consultant who from day one treated me with kindness, respect and total professionalism.
Also a great deal of support and encouragement was shown to me by my Macmillan Clinical Nurse Specialist.
We hear so much criticism of the NHS and at times we are not particularly good at saying thank you when we receive good treatment, I hope this letter helps to redress the balance.
John Scobbie

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 06 August 2014

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Occupational therapy services at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

Disabled parking is woeful

With only 3 disabled parking spaces outside the outpatients department, parking for an appointment has become a complete nightmare. I regularly have to turn up well over half an hour early for appointments to join the people sat in the drop off/ambulance area waiting for a space to become available. There are spaces further away, but they are useless to those with mobility problems as they are too far away (and over a steep bridge).

The area needs to be redesigned to allow for more disabled parking in this area. The walk between the entrance and the physiotherapy department is long enough as it is.

The problem is the same at the blood taking area. It is a hospital, how you can justify having less disabled spaces than a supermarket in beyond me.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 13 August 2014

Hospital Of St Cross has not yet replied.

Carole Burgess gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Urgent care

Attended Nurse Led Clinic. Excellent , professional and efficient care.
All staff kind , friendly and helpful.
Very impressed.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 June 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 11 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in Rugby.

Alison reviewed Ophthalmology at Hospital Of St Cross

Lack of access for a disabled patient

I was disappointed to hear from my Dad and his carer that his eye scan couldn't be done yesterday because he was unable to transfer from his wheelchair to the swivel chair in the eye clinic. Surely macular degeneration is a disease generally found in older people who have an increased likelihood of mobility problems. Why are you not set up to manage people who need assessment whilst remaining in their wheelchair? Last time we managed to raise his seating position with cushions. Why not this time? A recommendation to see him in 3 months seems futile - why do you think his mobility will change? I am sure it won't improve but maybe you can assess his mobility better than his vision?

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 28 June 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 30 June 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on the recent appointment of your father at the Macular Unit at the Hospital of St Cross in June 2014.

I am very sorry to learn of your disappointment with the service due to your father’s restricted mobility and our inability to manage this. I have spoken with the team and they inform me that wheelchair bound patient shouldn’t present a problem as they can allow for this. And indeed you mention that this was the case at a previous visit.

The date of the visit is listed as June 2014 and as the team at St Cross see around 70 patients a day it is difficult to be more exact with our response. We would very much welcome the opportunity to look into and discuss your concerns with you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk

Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: -

PALS
University Hospital
Clifford Bridge Road
Coventry
CV2 2DX

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Telephone 0800 028 4203