Hospital Of St Cross

Address: Barby Rd, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX
Website: http://www.uhcw.nhs.uk/

Lee brown gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Had to see the out of hours gp at the urgent care centre of st cross hospital at 01.00 last night. The GP on call was fantastic but I was too ill to remember his name. He was very caring and really took his time checking me over. And gave me medication there and then. Even offered too get me a lift home as he wasn't happy with me driving. The only issue was begging the NHS 111 helpline to give me the appointment in the first place.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 14 February 2014

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 2 stars

Orthopaedic Outpatients

On waiting 1 3/4 hours after my appointment time to be seen only by a clinic nurse.I feel I could have achieved the same satisfaction from a telephone appointment.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 31 January 2014

reg jackson gave Haematology at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Staff

I have been an in and out patient for the last decade, and have all staff act very professional

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 27 January 2014

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Minor injuries

Just got back from here after cutting my finger quite badly.
The staff were wonderful, all of them, and the treatment first class.
What a wonderful facility to have in Rugby.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 16 January 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 21 January 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience in the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross in January 2014.

I am delighted to hear that you describe your experience and treatment as first class and that you have given the hospital a five star rating. This will be great news for the staff and I will be sure that they are made aware.

The Trust does value all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Communications Team
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Michael Arthurton gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement Cedar Ward

I would recommend anyone to be treated at St Cross. The staff fell over themselves to help very attentive. The food was good, with a comprehensive choice. The care provided was excellent, could not be faulted in any way. Both the ward staff and the surgical team excelled. The care was about patient comfort and knowledge, nothing was left for you to guess. From seeing the consultant, the preparation started, you attend a class for knee replacement, given a comprehensive booklet, explaining how your aftercare will be handled all the stages of your surgery are explained in detail. The surgical team were attentive and approachable,nursing staff could not be faulted in any way, nothing was to much trouble. Absolutely fantastic stay in hospital.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 02 January 2014

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 13 January 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on the care you received from the orthopaedics team at the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby and your impressive five star rating.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience from what seems to be all the staff members that you came into contact with, both pre and post op. We are fortunate to have such a dedicated team at St Cross and you are not alone in giving such glowing praise.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant staff.

Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Communications Team
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 1 stars

nothing urgent about the rugby urgent care centre

Couldn't understand why the nurses were walking about in the reception area a lot of patients were walking out and they weren't calling anyone else in we've been here longer than the estimated time of. 2 and a half hours...... ridiculous

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 04 November 2013

Mavis gave Diagnostic Imaging at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in the X-Ray Department

The staff in the x ray department were extremely pleasant, and made me feel safe. They were mindful and competent. You couldn't get better treatment anywhere in my opinion.

Visited in March 2013. Posted on 28 October 2013

Ann harper gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful st cross

I have just had a TKR at rugby and the whole experience was made so much better by the kindness of the staff. Even in theatre was a technician who escorted and reassured me on the way to theatre asked if I wanted to hold me to hold his hand how kind! I was even shown the before and after x-ray amazing. As for the surgeon, his team and nurses were just wonderful. Thank you.

Visited in October 2013. Posted on 11 October 2013

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 4 stars

CT scan

I found the hospital staff all very friendly and put me at my ease. Restraunt was good. Only bad point a lot of the doors where you push and handles were dirty you could see they had not been cleaned in a long time.

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 28 August 2013

Clive1975 gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Fast and friendly

Having decided my swollen finger may have been more than bruised I looked to go to a&e to get it looked at but instead though the minor injuries unit may be better. How right I was as I was seen by triage, a doctor, x rayed and treated (along with a physio appointment for the next day) all in an hour and a half. Very efficient and friendly and whilst not a place you want to go if I had a choice a would go there again, why bother with the wait for a busy a&e department when you will not be their priority, thanks!

Visited in August 2013. Posted on 28 August 2013