Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to a&e

Having not being able to get a doctor to see my daughter at her own surgery i had to take my daughter with chest pain she was seen swiftly and we found the a&e staff very stretched but felt with a very scared daughter she was delt with respect dignity and the nurse in charge of her care was friendly and lovely . Thank you for all your help keep up the good work

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital

absolutely discusting treatmant

Bearing in mind i got rushed into this hospital blue lighted on Thursday teatime as an emergency in all the time i have been here i have seen 1 Dr on ward 24!!
Some of the nurses very few are nice.
I've been told i have this i have that i need this i need that and we are now on Tuesday I've had a few pills.
The ward is filthy full of older people who don't let you sleep on a night.
I will be taking this a lot further....

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Michelle Ives gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care for my 5 year old

My daughter had an MRI scan today in the blue sky imaging suite,the staff were amazing. She is only 5, they explained the whole process to her and put us both at ease. I was very nervous that she would be terrified but thanks to the brilliant staff she wasnt phased at all. They made it a very relaxed atmosphere and it was so good that I could go in with her for the whole thing. So pleased with how it went and couldnt ask for better care. Would highly recommend.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Neil gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Planned investigation unit and angiogram lab

Attended my planned angiogram appointment 19/3/15 and can honestly say putting hand on heart (pardonthe pun) that the attention and nursing was above what i expected in both the departments i attended on the day PIU / Angiogram labs ,the nursing staff were friendly and professional and put me at ease from the moment i arrived and even managed a radial investigation with no pain that had failed several years ago at castlehill ,so all in all i have nothing but praise for the nursing staff and the Consultant.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

vicki gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

2 hours wasted

After hurting my knee I went in to a & e as the pain was unbearable, I saw the nurse then was waiting to be seen after waiting 2 hours. I was then told I will have to see the gp and wait even longer. I didnt even get a choice and if I wanted to see the gp I would have rang 111 and asked to see one. But a gp saw me after 30 mins they didnt kniw what was wrong and gave me some bandage and told me if I was in pain in two days go back to the doctors what a waste of time still in pain and cant walk and they have no idea what damage I have done. The hospital needs looking at there were children and babies sitting there for hours aswell who should be 1st in line to be seen I can see now why they have a poor reputation

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Anonymous reviewed Scunthorpe General Hospital

Coffee Bean

We called in the Coffee Bean today and were appalled by the lack of hygiene. A member of staff was touching food (cutting a panini) without gloves, after handling money. They didn't wash their hands before touching the food. We all know that money harbours germs & could have been handled by someone with dirty/infected hands. We think the staff member needs to go on a food hygiene course and we certainly won't be calling there again.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 12 March 2015

Lou gave Ophthalmology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatients Appointments

Tried to get through to outpatients appointments on 2 occasions. Message came on stating I was number one in the queue and got fed up of waiting after being on hold for 20 minutes on each occasion. Spoke to the operators who were very helpful but they could not get through either.
The system is atrocious and needs to be looked at.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Naomi gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 27 & Theatre Staff

I visited ward 27 on Friday the 27th February to have a cyst removed form my upper eye lid, To say I was scared would be an understatement, I cannot even administer eye drops without kicking up a fuss so the thought of what was going to happen made me feel pyshically sick! I arrived at 12 was shown where to go and took a seat, the waiting area was pleasant with magazines and music playing which was great. I was seen by a few different nurses before my op all of which were lovely, I was told whereabouts I was on the list which gave me a rough idea of my wait time which was really helpful. I was then shown the lockers and told what would happen, I was asked how I was by a few of the members of staff who could see I was nervous and they reassured me, asked if id like a drink etc. when I was taken up I was very very nervous to the point of tears, The doctor who did my surgery was so lovely, put me at ease made me laugh and assured me it would be quick and straightforward. having never had an operation before I was pretty scared to the point of - im ashamed to say - tears! how embarrassing but the theatre staff could not have been nicer, one even held my hand throughout and to say this helped would be a massive understatement. They couldn't have done more to reassure me, the doctor was talking to me putting me at ease and the operation was over and done in what felt like only a few minutes. When I was taken back down I was told I could call my life and id be discharged shortly, the nurse discharging me was very busy but kept saying I wont be long I wont be long which the weren't. the discharge procedure was straightforward the nurse answered all my questions and I left feeling relieved and happy. I cannot praise the ward 27 and theatre staff enough, throughout my visit I was made to feel welcome, safe and like a real person not a statistic. I wanted to contact the ward to thank them and the theatre staff but could not find any contact details so hopefully this review will reach them. Thank you to every one who I saw on that day you were all lovely and you do a fantastic job ! x

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 06 March 2015

Hi Naomi, thank you very much for your lovely review. It's great to hear you were so well looked after and had a positive experience at what must have felt like a very stressful time. Your comments have been shared with the relevant managers who will pass on your thanks to the teams involved.
Best wishes,
Sarah Mainprize

leyonie wilkins gave Maternity services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

New baby boy

Just want to say a massive thank you.. I came in with pregnancy problems Tuesday and Wednesday you found my little bean hadn't grown so you started to induce me Thursday then i gave birth friday morning .. everyone looked after me so well .. especially the 2 who delivered my boy denylson thank you so much.. I can't say a bad word about the staffing do have one issue tho .. due to not being enough doctors it took 24 house to discharge us we needed up leaving at 9.30 at night and to walk out the door my baby bits 1st breath was a disgusting cigarette that a woman was smoking right out side the door .. where there was various no smoking signs even a voice recording constantly saying this is a no smoking area! I think you need to tighten up on security and get the smokers off the property.. they are being selfish .. and this isn't the 1st time if had a problem with smokers .. I was in the room next to the door when I was pregnant and poorly and every time I opened the window for some air i had a cloud of days in my room .. please sort this out it's not fair I'm sick people and new born baby's.. stop smoking in the grounds!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 06 March 2015

Hi Leyonie, thank you so much for your feedback, and congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby boy. Your comments have been shared with the maternity team, and also the facilities manager. The smoking issue is a very challenging one as it is not a security matter, but it is something we continue to look at how we can tackle.
Sarah Mainprize

nortonfen gave Orthopaedics at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward,10

I was admitted ward 10 for knee surgery. I receive excellent c are and the surgery was brilliantly done. The surgeon and their team were very good at explaining what happens etc
Ward10 is old but clean. Staff were bright and friendly. Care is very good ,although I did feel very strongly that staffing levels are too low especially for qualified

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 09 February 2015