Scunthorpe General Hospital

01724 282282 Cliff Gardens , Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting waiting times for booked appointments

Absolutely appalled by the 2 hour delay for my appointment today, was kept waiting an hour and half last time I saw them in June 2016!. Not to mention I was supposed to have an appointment to see them in December 2016 but had to wait until May this year with no explanation of delay!
Endocrinology and diabetic centre waiting room is an absolute disgrace, mismatched flaky and patchy coloured walls, information racks hanging off walls, heating set on full, water fountain not working and insufficient seating available and patients jam packed in waiting to be seen many having to stand as no seating available, combined with inadequate waiting times, reception staff and nurses so apologetic but consultants too slow in calling patients through despite actual consultations lasting only 10 mins... what is the delay?? Everyone sat complaining and nothing being done about it .

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Pat Steele gave Dermatology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First visit to Scunthorpe General Hospital

My first visit to the Dermatology dept at Scunthorpe General Hospital.

Firstly every member of hospital staff we spoke to were most helpful in directing us around the hospital.

The hospital appeared to be clean and organised.

The Dermatology dept was busy but efficient.

Overall a very good experience

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

not satisfied

Been going here for a long time for injections luckily not personal! was there yesterday appt 15.45 was seen at 17.35 would you be happy!. The nurse asked me my full name when I questioned waiting and said oh yes you are having injection's tell everyone!
Asked the nurse there at the time if I was being left until the end and their answer was "I can't tell the doctor when to see you" although they had been out and said my name and the nurse told them it wasn't my turn". When the nurse went home a lovely nurse I had seen before agreed it wasn't fair to keep me waiting and by the time I saw the doctor with my blood pressure raised I bled all over. I have seen other doctor's at this clinic and I have been treated the same as every other patient. Haven't had to wait till the end. Even people with later appointment's than me were apologising for going in before me

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Josh Myhill gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ward 27 (Day Surgery)

On arrival I had to wait 4 hours in the waiting room before being prepared for theatre but once ready I was changed and sent straight to theatre. The team both in surgery and the nurses on ward 27 were very helpful and were very caring. They explained the procedure and the surgical team explained the full procedure fully to me. In recovery a very kind doctor/nurse stayed with me ensuring I was okay and stayed with me all the way to the ward where then the nursing team took great attentive care. I received as much tea and coffee as required and a lovely sandwich. All district care was organised swiftly and discharge done swiftly by one nurse who's attention to detail and manner with the patients was exceptional. Big thankyou to ward 27, the only thing is perhap if you are last on the surgical list you don't need to come In as early.
Thankyou ward 27

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing service and staff in maternity

From start to finish, the maternity department at the hospital were faultless. Attentative, caring, professional, thorough: nothing was too much trouble. I cannot recommend them enough. Thankyou so much for all your help with delivering baby Leo and caring for him and his mum during the labour process.

Prior to this, the gaenocology dept worked miracles to make having our baby possible. Another faultless, outstanding department. The staff in these departments are a credit to the hospital and the NHS.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care for my little boy

Having been sent to Scunthorpe A & E by my local minor injuries unit, I couldn't have been more pleased or reassured by the excellent care my son received today. We arrived at A & E as he had an injured foot after he tripped over running around at home.

We were greeted warmly by the Receptionist who engaged with my 3 year old son and listened to his various tales whilst taking our details. Within 10 minutes of arriving, we were called in to see the Triage team, all of whom could not have been lovelier to my hesitant and worried little boy. They assessed him carefully and offered him (and me!) constant reassurance, rewarding his wriggly sitting with a bravery sticker which he was delighted with. Back to the children's area of the waiting room and we were then seen by the Doctor within 15 minutes and sent for an X-Ray. The X-Ray team were equally superb, knowing exactly to calm my little boy who was incredibly confused about why Mummy had a gown on and why he had to lay on an unfamiliar bed and have his foot angled this way and that for a 'photo'. The nurse couldn't have been better with him-maintaining a constant flow of toddler-friendly chat and distracting him from the situation. 20 minutes later we returned to the same Doctor and they took their time to explain the prognosis (broken metatarsal) and the aftercare, including booking us into the fracture clinic in a few days time. Nurses from the Triage team then had the unenviable task of putting some plaster and bandages onto the foot of my very upset, wriggly and noisy little boy but they managed it superbly. He was then rewarded with yet more stickers, crayons, bubbles & a colouring book onto which one kind nurse had taken the time and care to cut out and stick a picture of Pedro Pony (from Peppa Pig) wearing a cast, as this is what I'd been chatting about to try and reassure my son. Absolutely above and beyond. In and out within two hours-fantastic care and service at every turn. Thank you so much to all involved.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017

A&E

My husband suffered a fall resulting in a broken leg. Right from the beginning of the process - the member of staff who responded to my 999 call, the superb Paramedic, the ambulance people, the excellent A&E doctors and staff - at all times my husband was treated with the utmost care, consideration and respect. If I'd paid £1 million I couldn't have wished better service for him. I am utterly grateful to all these people and truly count my blessings for the NHS.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional, friendly, caring

I came home yesterday after being cared for in Ward 19 (Gynae) following risk reducing surgery. The staff in the ward were lovely, caring people, friendly yet professional. Everyone, including the domestic staff, healthcare staff and nursing staff, carried out their duties with the utmost consideration for their patients and I offer them my heartfelt thanks for a job well done! The ward was immaculate and the choice of food very good indeed.
In addition I also wish to mention my consultant, their operating and anaesthetic teams for their wonderful before and after care when I went to theatre - they were worth their weight in gold! Thank you ladies and gentlemen! In conclusion, everyone involved in my care made my stay as stress free as possible and I am very grateful to them all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Anonymous gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Who is responsible?

I have been referred for chest X-ray and exercise ECG as am experiencing breathlessness and constant yawning on activity. X-ray was done the same day as request sent but report takes over two weeks to reach GP (when my dog had x-ray, the result was available immediately). As for ECG I am still waiting for appointment. Having rung the department for info, I was told it may be weeks before anything can be arranged. This in spite of the fact that is on my record that I suffer from two types of cancer and am receiving care and treatment for it and that my father died of heart attack, mum had heart attack, older brother had triple bypass and younger brother had two surgeries for major arterial problems.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Tracey Brian gave Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Dept. SGH

There are not enough stars to reflect the endoscopy dept. Staff arè friendly efficient and caring..instinctively knowing how to put you at ease and begin do so from the second you walk in to the calm clean dept.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017