Scunthorpe General Hospital

01724 282282 Cliff Gardens , Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

I had to take my little girl to A&E late one evening and the first impression of the waiting area and lovely children's play area was great. You felt like you didn't mind waiting to be seen.

On assessment the nurse was very friendly and informative. The nurse made me feel in safe hands knowing my little girl would be cared for well.

Once through to a bay the Drs could not have been nicer. Everyone seemed so happy and friendly. They explained everything very well and made us feel at ease and like we were not causing a fuss over nothing. They even offered us tea and coffee even though they were very busy!

Luckily after four hours of observations my daughter was allowed to go home.

Wonderful team on that evening (9/8/17) and a big thank you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Ann gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Admitted as emergency

My Father was admitted to Scunthorpe A&E at 10pm and diagnosed as a possible stroke. The type of stroke and treatment could not be determined until the results of the scan were known. The scan determined my Father had a Haemorrhagic stroke (Brain bleed) and he was urgently transferred the next morning to Hull where they have a Specialist Neurology team.
A&E were very informative and professional looking after my Father at Scunthorpe. He was moved onto the Stroke ward at midnight and I felt confident he was in good hands. They were professional and informative. Its such a worrying time for family. It certainly renews your appreciation of the NHS and its wonderful staff.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Lyndann gave General Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

My husband was referred to Ambulatory Care due to suspected DVT. I accompanied him and we cannot praise the staff highly enough. The level of care he received was outstanding from all members of staff. They were professional, friendly very thorough and kept us informed throughout the whole process. DVT and PE was diagnosed following numerous tests scans X-rays etc and appropriate treatment given. Thanks to them he is receiving treatment which is putting him in the road to recovery. Thank you to all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 23 July 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My stay in SGH

Fantastic care,great food and outstanding staff.the care I received was top class and I cannot fault the service or the staff who go the extra mile to ensure that you are well cared for.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service received - thank you

Our son, Ollie, (aged 17 years old) was taken to A&E late one afternoon recently (Thursday 27 July) with pains in his shoulder. We weren't waiting long before he was seen by the nurse who was very friendly, attentive and thorough. As this was the first time Ollie had been to hospital, the nurse was very calming and reassuring. She suggested Ollie had an x-ray, which was arranged very quickly. Following the x-ray, it became apparent that Ollie had a collapsed lung, which they said is not uncommon in young, tall slim men. This was the start of the excellent service which we received, as to be honest, we are impressed with the nurse even thinking that this could have been possible in such a young man.
The staff were also excellent in A&E, who carried out a procedure to try and drain the lung with a needle. This was not a pleasant experience for Ollie but certainly made it easier with the lovely staff to took care of him.
Ollie was then admitted to the Medical assessment unit/CDU (I think that's what it was called) overnight. We were allowed to stay with Ollie until late that evening and the staff put both Ollie at ease as well as use as parents. They also explained that we can return early in the morning (if we wanted), which obviously we did. Ollie had another x-ray which unfortunately showed that the lung hadn't increased in size so he had to have a drain fitted. Again, the staff who carried out this procedure were excellent and were caring and attentive. The nurses on the ward were also lovely, including the cleaners/catering staff who were always polite and friendly.
As Ollie had the drain put in, he was transferred to Ward 22, where he spent a couple of nights. The staff on this ward were fantastic. They were professional, caring, friendly and looked after Ollie with dignity. We were kept informed at all times and what we really appreciated was the staff always said that we could contact the ward at any time during the night when we left Ollie and we could come at any time in the morning (rather than having to wait for visiting hours).
We cannot thank all the staff who dealt with Ollie enough and would really appreciate it if this positive feedback could be passed to the ward(s) etc. They all did a fantastic job.

Ollie had an outpatients appointment last Fridaywho again, was professional, thorough and explained Ollie's condition in great detail.

Sarah

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Janet Whitwham gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E

I visited A&E this morning (3/7/17) after injuring my toe. From walking or rather limping in, everybody was polite, caring and efficient. I was pleasantly surprised by my very short wait before called by a minor injuries nurse. The nurse was very sympathetic and patient with me. My treatment was very good and everything was well explained to me. Well done to the receptionist and nursing staff and thank you.
Janet Whitwham.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

Susan Williams gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and atteniton.

My GP referred me to the Ambulatory Care Department for a scan on a suspected blood clot. The staff could not have been more welcoming. Unfortunately I could not have my scan carried out on the first visit and I had to return the next morning when it was to be on a timed appointment basis at the Blue Sky Imaging Suite. I was seen before my scheduled appointment after which I had to return to the ACD to be told the results. The doctor explained everything very well and I left feeling confident that all was OK. As I have said, everyone in the ACD department were so kind, very jolly - well - just lovely. I do hope there is some way that they will be told about my review. I am cross with myself because I realised too late (when I was coming home) that there were feedback forms in the department. I've had to put in the "A little more information" section of this review that I don't know which department I visited because you do not have Ambulatory Care on the list.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

great staff

my wife ended up in scunthore hospital on sunday 9th july 2017
the staff that was on were fantastic and so helpful and understanding they listened to what the problem was and did everything they could to help. even wen the nurses and doctors were short they still had a smile on there faces and couldnt do enough to help us.
The only negative part was when the sister in charge came in they were very rude and abrupt with quite a few people but they did not treating us the rest of the team was really good.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Hilary Spooner gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit to A&E.

I visited A&E yesterday and the care and compassion was excellent.
The receptionist, triage nurse, nurse practitioner, Student Radiographer and plaster technician were all so professional.
I was there just over two hours which I thought was pretty good considering the amount of people I had to see.
Thank you so much to all involved. I really appreciated the excellent care.
Hilary Spooner

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Zoe gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Disney ward

My son spent 1 night on disney ward and unfortunatly as i had other children at home i could not stay. I was very worried. But the staff were brilliant thy put me at ease and when i returned following morning my son was happy he had been washed and dressed.. my daughtee has also stayed on disney ward before and again thy was fantastic

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017