Scunthorpe General Hospital

01724 282282 Cliff Gardens , Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH

Kenneth Gregory gave Gastrointestinal cancer services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Feedback.

I had a bowel screen which came back positive twice which in its self worrying.I received a letter to attended the endoscopy unit to talk about the result {this was for a test sent on Monday letter on Wednesday in on Friday same week so they take these test really serious } Had a chat with a very nice staff nurse who told me all my options they were very good and reassuring i agreed to colonoscopy and given pamphlets to read and my medicine to take to take day before to get me ready for the procedure .I had a awful week worrying about the procedure and worrying about cancer as a very private person not something you could talk to family about .The day arrived and i found my self in the unit many thanks to the the volunteer who took me to the unit never found it on my own a big thank you to them. I got booked in and asked to wait this is were i nearly bottled it and sneaked out but they called for me before i could do it so i was on my way ,In the unit introduced to everyone told me what was to happen now i was like a swan peacefully on the outside but treading water furiously .The procedure started not so bad and then i got to watch a journey of my insides on the telly well that was for me assassinating with a running commentary and a staff nurse at my head reassuring me this was not so bad .there was little discomfort and the procedure ended and informed that all looked normal that was best news ever .I rested got dressed and left with my dignity intact and all my fears blow away what a brilliant unit thanks to everyone .I however have one compliant and that is the medicine that i had to take the day before is absolutely disgusting and would hope could be improved in the future

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

Attended A & E 4/6/17
Was treated with compassionately, professionally and in a timely manner.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Hugo gave General Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Could not be any better

Visited Blue Sky again today, the staff are fantastic, very courteous, they explain everything, and put you in as relaxed mood as is possible under the circumstances.
From start to finish the whole process runs like clockwork.
If anyone criticises the NHS, I say go to another county and see what's on offer !!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

My husband was admitted to A and E last monday, from the time the ambulance arrived to his time on ward 22 he could not have had better care, the dedication and professionalism from all involved was amazing and we will be forever grateful. We would also like to mention the doctor we saw and their team who were outstanding.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Staceyleeann90 gave Maternity services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

About my labour

I'd like the leave a review about my labour, we had a midwife who helped us bring our first baby into the world, as a very anxious person prior up to giving birth I was so nervous but they made us feel very assured and in safe hands I would like say thankyou so much for your hard work and and professionalism. If I have another baby I'd want the same midwife to deliver our second baby were so grateful and could not of asked for a better midwife.

All our gratitude
Stacey Richie & baby maximus
Born 30/05/2017

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

William McNeillie gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency treatment

I was rushed to a and e by ambulance and the treatment I received was fantastic
It didn't take the dr long to discover I had a AAA aneurysm and was onto hull consultant immediately
The dr in Scunthorpe a and e gave me was 5 star treatment
What a great dedicated dr
The treatment I received from ringing 111 to Scunthorpe hospital then onto hull hospital was the best I could have wished for
Praise to our NHS and all the dedicated staff
A big thanks

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting waiting times for booked appointments

Absolutely appalled by the 2 hour delay for my appointment today, was kept waiting an hour and half last time I saw them in June 2016!. Not to mention I was supposed to have an appointment to see them in December 2016 but had to wait until May this year with no explanation of delay!
Endocrinology and diabetic centre waiting room is an absolute disgrace, mismatched flaky and patchy coloured walls, information racks hanging off walls, heating set on full, water fountain not working and insufficient seating available and patients jam packed in waiting to be seen many having to stand as no seating available, combined with inadequate waiting times, reception staff and nurses so apologetic but consultants too slow in calling patients through despite actual consultations lasting only 10 mins... what is the delay?? Everyone sat complaining and nothing being done about it .

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Pat Steele gave Dermatology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First visit to Scunthorpe General Hospital

My first visit to the Dermatology dept at Scunthorpe General Hospital.

Firstly every member of hospital staff we spoke to were most helpful in directing us around the hospital.

The hospital appeared to be clean and organised.

The Dermatology dept was busy but efficient.

Overall a very good experience

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing service and staff in maternity

From start to finish, the maternity department at the hospital were faultless. Attentative, caring, professional, thorough: nothing was too much trouble. I cannot recommend them enough. Thankyou so much for all your help with delivering baby Leo and caring for him and his mum during the labour process.

Prior to this, the gaenocology dept worked miracles to make having our baby possible. Another faultless, outstanding department. The staff in these departments are a credit to the hospital and the NHS.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 18 April 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Excellent care for my little boy

Having been sent to Scunthorpe A & E by my local minor injuries unit, I couldn't have been more pleased or reassured by the excellent care my son received today. We arrived at A & E as he had an injured foot after he tripped over running around at home.

We were greeted warmly by the Receptionist who engaged with my 3 year old son and listened to his various tales whilst taking our details. Within 10 minutes of arriving, we were called in to see the Triage team, all of whom could not have been lovelier to my hesitant and worried little boy. They assessed him carefully and offered him (and me!) constant reassurance, rewarding his wriggly sitting with a bravery sticker which he was delighted with. Back to the children's area of the waiting room and we were then seen by the Doctor within 15 minutes and sent for an X-Ray. The X-Ray team were equally superb, knowing exactly to calm my little boy who was incredibly confused about why Mummy had a gown on and why he had to lay on an unfamiliar bed and have his foot angled this way and that for a 'photo'. The nurse couldn't have been better with him-maintaining a constant flow of toddler-friendly chat and distracting him from the situation. 20 minutes later we returned to the same Doctor and they took their time to explain the prognosis (broken metatarsal) and the aftercare, including booking us into the fracture clinic in a few days time. Nurses from the Triage team then had the unenviable task of putting some plaster and bandages onto the foot of my very upset, wriggly and noisy little boy but they managed it superbly. He was then rewarded with yet more stickers, crayons, bubbles & a colouring book onto which one kind nurse had taken the time and care to cut out and stick a picture of Pedro Pony (from Peppa Pig) wearing a cast, as this is what I'd been chatting about to try and reassure my son. Absolutely above and beyond. In and out within two hours-fantastic care and service at every turn. Thank you so much to all involved.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 22 April 2017