Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

cleanliness or lack of it

Recently visited .Needed to use the toilet there was paper all over the floor but non to use.
Asked only to find that the 'toilet cleaner' does not work weekends so visitors use awful toilets so 'don't be ill '. Ward 22's cleaner has't had a duster on the sills for I don't know
how long and her attitude needs attention.
On top of all that the person it says to inform of toilet cleanliness isn't at work at weekends either.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 02 September 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

Poor service, constant cancelled appointments, staff not intrested in helping with my diabetes just there patient statistics, was left in childhood care until 29 years old.
Would not recommend any diabetic to use this clinic.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 01 September 2014

Anonymous reviewed Maternity service at Scunthorpe General Hospital

Duty of Care?

My daughter was admitted into this hospital for an inducement as her baby was two weeks overdue, this was her 1st child and the age of 38 she was pretty scared to say the least. After much 'messing about' with her and causing not only my daughter but her un borne child stress a C section was performed on the 12th August at around 4pm.
My daughter had already been in hospital for several days prior to this, she is a vegetarian and made this quite clear on several occasions, she either didn't get a meal quote" we have lost your menu" or a kind nurse would scrape round the leftovers looking for non meat food. i.e. cheese sandwich and cold beans,
She was discharged 3 days after her operation, she complained that her 'wound' was bleeding and was told to -now listen to this everyone- to put a sanitary towel on it! and sent home, never having had a baby nor an operation before, she thought it cant be right, but it must be as, they are the experts!
After a week of suffering her husband took her back to this hospital, as she was is agony and bleeding profusely from her 'wound' she was admitted immediately and given two types of antibiotics but then discharged the next day. It gets worse, a midwife was sent to see her at home, but the midwife had no idea why, but I am happy to say she is being cared for by her local heath centre, who were not aware that she has had a caesarean or a baby!
What should have been a beautiful experience turned out to be a nightmare for her.
Hang you head in shame Scunthorpe Hospital, thank goodness my daughter and her beautiful son - who is perfect - are receiving the proper care they deserve........questions will be asked trust me

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 31 August 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward 25 a beacon of excellence

All of the staff we came across on ward 25 were an absolute credit to their profession. The care and compassion they showed to my dad (patient) and my mother (visitor) and I made a very distressing experience much easier to bear for all of us. We cannot praise or thank them enough.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 29 August 2014

ward 28

I am a nurse & was admitted as an emergency admission in acute pain. I was very impressed with the care i received from both nursing & medical staff on ward 28. They were very efficient from arranging investigations to managing my pain which on the day i was admitted was a challenge . It was nice to see an equal percentage of male registered nurses one if which cared for me & was great. The staff on every level were friendly & good at their job & made me feel proud to work for the trust. I hope i have same experience should i need to be admitted again. Many thanks.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 26 August 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Rebecca Barber gave Maternity service at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care from the team.

After going in to labour early with my first baby both the delivery suite and ward 26 team were fantastic from start to finish. They supplied tiny baby clothes, food and nappies during our 6 day stay and helped in all situations. I would highly recommend Scunthorpe General Hospital in the future.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 26 August 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care at Scunthorpe Hospital

I cannot commend more highly the speed and dedicated care given to my relation at Scunthorpe Hospital. He was speedily assessed and diagnosed. Admitted within just over an hour, made comfortable and operated on next day (Sunday) for a life threatening bowel condition. Any delay might have caused a very different and possibly fatal outcome. The staff have been wonderfully kind, caring and informative. The senior doctors were very approachable and willing to explain what was going on. The nurses are friendly, helpful, kind and caring. Also very professional.

Our thanks to all concerned.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 25 August 2014

Joy gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward27

I have just picked my daughter up after day surgery from ward 27. The staff have reassured her all the way. She was terrified but the support given was outstanding. The staff were also very kind and polite keeping us informed by phone throughout the day .....thank you ward 27

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 22 August 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Steve Cooper gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Pleasantly surprised

I was pleasantly surprised at the treatment received today after i needed treatment to a deep cut to my wrist.
The initial contact with reception staff was a tad rude. She was busy, however a short acknowledgement that i was there would have been nice, however not too bad!
The triage nurse was efficient, professional & pleasant.
The nurse who stitched my wrist was very professional, pleasant & put me at ease. The treatment, including, cleaning, injecting the area to numb it & the suturing of the cut was carried out without any pain or discomfort at all.

Very happy & impressed.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014

Anonymous reviewed Maternity service at Scunthorpe General Hospital

Need to give visitors more information.

I am a stranger to Scunthorpe and wanted to visit a family member in matrernity. I got directions from the website but it sent me to the wrong entrance. I had to walk all the way around the hospital, luckily it was light but I would not like to do that if if it was dark. In the main entrance there was no sign at all to direct me to maternity and no one to ask. When I got the ward there was no notice to tell visitors what to do or what the visiting procedure was.

Visited in August 2014. Posted on 14 August 2014