Scunthorpe General Hospital

01724 282282 Cliff Gardens , Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH

Pat gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Day surgery for gall bladder removal

I went into hospital ward 27 on the 3rd of January for the removal of my gall bladder as a day patient. I was very apprehensive and worried. The staff were all lovely and made me feel more relaxed. The surgery went well and the theatre nurse was reassuring too as I was having the anaesthetic. Thanks to the consultant and all who helped during the operation. All we ever seem to hear are the bad things that happen at the hospital and never the good experiences. Thanks to everyone who I met on that day for making it all feel ok.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Laura gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appauling care

I am writing this on behalf of my ill mother who had been bed bound with flu symptoms for 9 days then resulting in a kidney infection (my mum only has 1 due to previous bout of cancer) chest infection coughing up blood, slurred speech and no feeling in her right leg. The ambulance was called at 11pm we were then told due to high volumes of calls to expect a wait of over an hour! The ambulance arrived at 1.40pm where we were took to A&E at this point bloods were taken and we were told we needed to wait for a doctor. It is now 6.45am and we are yet to be seen!!! The whole process has taken nearly 8 hours in which point no one has checked my mum's leg which is very concerning!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5* Service all the way!! ??

My 18 year old daughter is being allowed to come home later today (8th January 2017!) After being admitted yesterday to a and e and then transferred eventually to ward 28 once a bed became available!! I cannot praise this hospital enough! Cleanliness, treatment and clearly amazing teamwork going on! These guys are stretched to the limit of what's expected of them, when the reality is the resources are stretched to capacity! People were sat in the a and e waiting room some moaning and groaning others simply rude when actually the staff are hell bent on giving the best service possible....once there was the staff and room/bed to accommodate! but give them a break! There simply is nowhere to put these patients and the staff are clearly working as quickly and efficiently as they possibly can! No one's simply standing around gossiping they have their patients interest 100% at heart! These guys deserve a medal.......and the ambulance staff too as I was also told some patients are waiting in the ambulance as long as 5 hours as simply not enough room or staff to treat then! How frustrating for then?! So well done to you all and a very sincere thank You!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

jane king gave Respiratory Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

ward 2 discrace!

I have visited my father on ward 2 this evening, I was discusted at what i saw, the patients didnt see any staff interaction and the cleanliness of the ward was awful. My father had been on this ward since saturday morning and has pneumonia and sepsis, as there was no suitable beds for him to be in with his back condition he has been left sat in a chair for 48 hours, this is unacceptable! When i asked the staff to please sort something so he could be a little comfier no one seemes to wish to do anything.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Brian Hudson gave Stroke services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Glad they were there when I needed them

I had a stroke and was transferred to Scunthorpe from Grimsby. My wife tells me that I was dealt with immediately then put on to the stroke ward. I was treated very well and with respect. All of the staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Meals were excellent with lots of choice. They soon had me back on my feet which is the most important point of the stay. The staff were very reassuring and courteous at all times. Thank you for being there when I needed you.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

Thank you to the staff on ward 27, very well looked after from pre assessment to surgery, even when needed to be admitted for overnight stay. The HCA R.W was very kind and caring, ensuring all patients had lots of post op fluids, constantly attentive.thankyou

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Amy gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

When my stepdad fell ill on Christmas Eve , and an initial diagnosis of possible renal problems after arriving at Accident and Emergency, things took a serious turn for the worse with his condition becoming life threatening. After a very quick decision to send him to hullroyal for emergency surgery , he is now making a good recovery. We could not have wished for better staff. They were great with us at a very difficult/upsetting and stressful time. And we know there is a good chance he wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for the emergency treatment he received.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 January 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 10

I was admitted to the ward with a ankle trauma. This became more involved as time past but the staff consulted with me and informed me of my plan on a hour by hour basis because of complications Despite the challenge the staff faced with a bed capacity problem they never let it effect the day to day care of running if the ward. All staff were attentive and helpful and would assist you where they could without taking away your independence. I spent 15 days on the ward and the same level of care was seen throughout my stay

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Christopher peacock gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking diagnosis!!

I injured my sholder on the 4th December 2016 and was belived I either dislocated it or ruptured a muscle, and was sent to scunthorpe for a 'specialist' point of veiw. At first I was straight in for a x-ray and they were very helpful, I was informed that the bone was OK. And was send back to reception after waiting a long period of time I then seen by a nurse who never looked at the sholder and told me I will see a doctor, so once again I waited to see someone. I was finally called up, the doctor had a quick glance and pressed my sholder once and then said that they will send me to x-ray. I then told the doctor that I have have already been, so that sends alarm bells ringing that the doctor hasn't even looked at my file. The doctor replied that they will go and have a look, then left the room for a maximum of two minutes, and came and told me what I already knew; the doctor said I had a muscle strain, I asked about my numb arm, hand and fingers mixed with pins and needles, and the doctor's professional diagnosis was 'ah don't worry about that'. I was told by a nurse in goole that I would need a ultrasound to look at the damage of the muscle. I found that the service was extremely unprofessional, and that there is no communication between staff regarding treatment. I really hope that this gets looked in to as I do not feel comfortable with my treatment. I have been sent home with no further knowledge of my condition and I am worried about the lack of feeling in my whole right are to my fingers.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 December 2016

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 03 January 2017

Hello Christopher, thank you for your feedback. If you haven't done so already, please do contact our patient advice and liaison service and they will be able to look into this further for you. You can email them on nlg-tr.pals@nhs.net or ring 01724 290132.
Best regards,
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI Scan

I accompanied my son who needed an MRI scan. He was offered an evening appointment which wasn't a problem especially to get it done quickly. In fact it was good to see such an expensive piece of equipment being used efficiently, despite what the press like to tell us about the NHS. The Blue Skies suite was spotless and the staff were kind and considerate to both my son and me. No complaints.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016