Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

Carol nuttall gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Arm injury

I am very up set the the way I had to sit at Scunthorpe hospital for three and a half hours with a wrist injury which was very painful at that time. Then when was seen after X-Ray was told the place a arm surport on but when I ask what was up with my wrist I got no explanation at all. So I asked again and the answer I got was I have been advice to wear surport ? I went home not knowing what was wrong and still now in agony. All I wanted was a explanation I didn't get it it felt like I went to sit at hospital for the fun off it to get no answers . Not happy at all.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency centre and ward 19

Fantastic treatment and support given through a very difficult time! Could not have been better. Thumbs up 2 all who was involved.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 17 July 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Bill Rodgers reviewed Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Scunthorpe General Hospital

They saved my life

I was in hospital over Christmas and new year of this year. I had suspected bile duct cancer, it turned out to be a huge abscess in my liver. I contracted sepsis twice and your teams were on hand at all times supporting me. I have nothing but praise and thanks for your hospital and how I was treated by all the staff
Only two wards I can offer in return. Thank you.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 16 July 2014

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Rude and unprofessional

My child had a fracture eight weeks ago, and after the last appointment at the fracture clinic six weeks ago, we were discharged, but told to make an appointment if there were any further problems. After six weeks, the pain was no better, so we made an appointment. This is where our care deteriorated to unacceptable. The doctor didn't introduce himself, didn't ask why we were there, and dismissed our concerns immediately. He even told me that he couldn't do anything, as there was no fracture. When I expressed my surprise, as I hadn't been told that before, I was called a liar, and informed I "had been told several times already that it wasn't fractured" (I've only been to the hospital twice - once when the injury was sustained, where it was put in a cast, and an appointment made for the fracture clinic, and the second time to attend the fracture clinic, where we were given detailed advice about how to care for the fracture, and what sports could/could not be performed etc). He was extremely rude, dismissive and unprofessional. I am appalled and hope I never have the misfortune of having to attend this clinic again.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 11 July 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Mr S.P.Brown gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Top service yet again by Scunthorpe Hospital staff !!!!

I have been having on-going treatment for nerve problems and have been under a doctor and his team since 2008. I am in constant pain 24 hours a day and have treatment every 3 to 6 months. When i go for treatment, i have to report to Ward 27 to be assessed and readied for the procedures carried out by the doctor. I went today (9th July 2014) to have a form of treatment i have not had before (Radio Frequency) so as you can imagine, i was pretty nervous and to be honest quite scared, well i am a big girl when it comes to pain after all ha ha. Anyway, whilst being nervous, the staff on Ward 27 and the doctor's team in X-Ray were aware of my fears and provided the most incredible support any patient could ever wish for. They are so caring and made me feel so much more at ease than i ever imagined i could be.
Whilst being in pain and discomfort after the treatment, the Staff Nurse was so helpful and was genuinely concerned about my welfare and also about my future health.
Basically i just wanted to thank whole heartedly, all the Staff on Ward 27, the doctor and his two assistants for the incredible treatment i received today. You hear so many times about how poor the service people received and how long they had to wait and very rarely see a review which is full of praise for Scunthorpe Hospital. All staff at the Hospital, could learn alot about service, care and all round fantastic work from Ward 27. Thank you again and keep up the good work as i'm back again in 4 to 6 weeks ha.
Mr Stephen Peter Brown.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 09 July 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

J. Richards gave Maternity service at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Rude and unhelpful staff. poor communication

I had an appointment at the antenatal centre at scunthorpe hospital on 02/07/14. I attempted to call on the monday to change my appointment. At first the staff were happy to do so, then suddenly told me my existing appointment was the only one I could have. I managed to work around my work commitments and arrived for my appointment only to be told that my appointment was at a different time to what the staff had written in my green book, and also the time given to me when making the appointment, when I put it into my calendar. The staff were rude and dismissive, telling me that they would' squeeze me in' at some point.i was not offered apologies or an explanation. As I write,i have been waiting an hour and 25 minutes, with no indication of how much longer my wait will be.

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 02 July 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 03 July 2014

Please can I offer our apologies - we are looking into the reasons why the clinic was running late and why your appointment time was incorrect. We will also remind staff of the importance of communicating effectively.
If you'd like to speak to someone about this, please can you call our patient advice and liaison service on 01724 290132.
Many thanks
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent!

I have recently had my gallbladder removed at scunthorpe. It was day surgery on ward 27. I cannot praise the staff highly enough. From walking in to leaving, the staff were fabulous and kept me informed all the way and were very attentive and friendly. After reading articles in the newspapers I will admit I was concerned but there was no need. The problem is the government making care giving harder for the staff. There is not enough recognition given for the tough job they do especially the nurses who work tirelessly to make a patient's stay as comfortable as possible.

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 30 June 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 July 2014

Hello and thank you very much for your kind comments, which have been shared with the ward staff. It's really good to hear the ward team put you at ease and made sure you were well informed about what was happening.
Best wishes,
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Not enough praise for hard work

I would like to thank A +E staff and the Disney Ward Staff n Doctors for The care and compassion they gave to my 1yr old daughter and I in may this year. After being discharged from Hull infirmary with a very poorly little girl, 2 days before being blue lighted unconscious and fitting to them. Then we decided to get a second opinion after the worst two nights at home with dangerously high temp and the worst rash Ive ever seen. I took her to A+E where she was rushed straight through. After contacting Hull for advice and results etc, I was disusted to be told to go to the GP.... on a sunday at 21.30 pm !. But thanks to Scunthorpe Disney ward they quickly worked out what was wrong and treated her and within 48hrs she was well again. And diagnosed with Scarlet Fever . This could have been a different ending so thankyou once again !

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 23 June 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, the staff in A&E and Disney ward will be so pleased. It's really good to hear your little girl was diagnosed and treated so swiftly.
Best wishes for her recovery,

barry crisp gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital Care 29/04 --10/06/14 WARD 24 AND CCU

I would like to say a big thankyou to the doctors.,consultants. nursing staff and support staff on the above wards at s.g.h during my recent stay.they were all excellent.

Look after these people they deserve your continuing support

David Crisp

Marsden drive Scunthorpe

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 19 June 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 July 2014

Mr Crisp, thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this site. It's lovely to hear the cardiology team looked after you so well, and I'm sure they'll appreciate your thanks.
Sarah Mainprize

Lee taylor gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and emergency department

Visited yesterday 15/6/2014 received excellent treatment all staff friendly and professional .sent to X-ray and straight in no waiting then straight back to see the doctor a cast put on and fracture clinic appointment all sorted in no time thank you all for excellent treatment and care

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 16 June 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 July 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback, glad to hear you received such prompt treatment.
Many thanks,