Scunthorpe General Hospital

01724 282282 Cliff Gardens , Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E excellent

I had to go to A & E by ambulance today and after hearing the stories in the press I was not overly optimistic. But how wrong I was. The first responder arrived within 10 minutes with the ambulance quickly after. The crews were so reassuring and friendly and made me feel safe.
The staff in A & E were friendly, reassuring and professional and everything was lovely and clean. Top marks for everyone and a huge thankyou.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 February 2017

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Still not received appointment

A diagnosis of a cartilage problem in my knee made it necessary for my doctor to fill out an online request for an appointment for an MRI scan on my knee. This was mid January, I am in a lot of pain, unable to take codeine as I have had part of my bowel removed, which means the medication blocks me up, and is extremely painful, therefore I have only paracetamol for the pain. I am still awaiting a date for my scan, my doctor referred me as Urgent, but having phoned up to ask if a date has been set, have been told you could be 5 to 6 weeks waiting for the scan, this is another week since the call, I still have yet to find out when the appointment is.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Pudding gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Poorly grandson

We have our 11 month old grandson staying with us for a few days. Poor little man not very well so a trip to AandE was necessary. The staff were all excellent from reception,triage to the pediatric nurse. Well done all of you , you are a credit to the NHS. Will never hear a bad word said about this hospital or NHS.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

Jacci Baker gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent care

I would like to commend ward 24 at Scunthorpe General hospital for the excellent care given to my mum, staff nurse was a truely amazing nurse, the care and dedication they gave was amazing, nurses are Angels and this is what the staff nurse is, they stayed on after their shift finished to wash and dress my mum for the mortuary, i will never forget her kindness x

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent outcome

I had an excellent experience on Ward 19 recently when I came in for planned lapascopic surgery. All the staff were kind and professional and went out of their way to be sure I was comfortable and had cups of tea and food when I needed them. The surgeon kept me very well informed, the anaesthetist was kind and reassurring and I felt confident throughout my stay. Thankyou!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Recovery nurse in theatre

May I just say, I don't know the member of staff's name, but they looked after me in recovery and then wheeled my bed back to ward 27 yesterday 16.1.17 at about 3.15pm. The member of staff held my hand and smiled and chatted to me...some would say that's their job, but I wanted this member of staff to know it meant the world to me. Michelle Ashton.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A and E reception

I had an ECG at my GPs and had a blood test there after it. As it was after 5, my GP asked me to take the blood sample up to A and E as it had to go to Pathology straight away. On my arrival at A and E reception, there were 3 staff at Reception, 2 sat talking and 1 on the computer. After standing there for about 5 minutes (I am disabled and on crutches), I asked one of the three, who do I need to talk to? I was told to wait for the person on the computer, as if I was supposed to know. The tone of their voice was very rude. I was told I would have to wait until they had finished on the computer. I stood there again for a further 5 minutes , being totally ignored by all 3 of them. Luckily another person came into their office and saw that I was waiting to just hand my blood sample in and they were very polite and took it from me . I know morale may be low in the NHS but there is no excuse for rudeness and I left there thinking I was a second rate citizen, the way I had been spoken to.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

James Weightman gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A compliment to a doctor that delt with me

I cam into the A&E department just after news day, after being in on 3 other occasions just before Xmas day. As I my GP sent me up for a scan after having a mini stroke. The first 3 occasions I ended leaving as I have a extreme anxiety disorder when it comes to hospitals and the way I don't deal with people very well. On the day after news years day I came back in to A&E and I explained again that I suffer with anxiety and I couldn't cope with been in the hospital, I was then seen by a Dr who was absolutely fantastic and I was delt with and had all my test done, and the way they took on board my anxiety problems was again amazing. I do still have massive issues with hospitals, but the Dr did everything and more to make me feel comfortable and kept my anxiety at bay. I just wanted pass in my regards to the doctor as they were fantastic and helped me with getting my health back on track.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Stephen. P. Brown gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 27 and Xray Pain Management team,,, still top of list !

On January 25th 2017 at 1pm,, i came to Ward 27 to be prepped for treatment by the Xray Pain Management team and yet again they never fail to deliver.. The Nurses and Healthcare Assisstants on Ward 27 are second to none and because i am just a big girl when it comes to pain,, they always make me feel so at ease and comfortable.. Also a big thank you to the Student Nurse who is in their final year and becomes a Nurse in September,,, you were amazing and i couldn't believe you braved the freezing cold to take me to the car,,, extremely kind of you is just an understatement... I'd like to thank them all for their genuine concern regarding my well being and for your continuous care when i come to visit.. You always prove, despite the problems in the NHS,, caused by the Government,, Scunthorpe Hospital is still providing fantastic care, day in day out, through tough times... I'd also like to thank the Porter too,, who took me down to Xray and brought me back after,, for being so polite and for their genuine concern regarding my problems... Finally,, to the Xray Pain Management team,,, you people are just incredible,, my Specialist who treats me is just a Legend,, a medical wizard and the only Doctor i really trust... As for the Nurse who is normally there alongside them and was today,,, you are just the loveliest person ever !! I moan during the treatment and would not look out of order in a big frilly frock ha,, but you make me feel so at ease,, even the Xray person was just lovely... You all calm me when i'm nervous and reassure me when i'm down... Things for me have been put on hold for quite a while now,, but hopefully i'm now one step closer to getting my life back.. Without all you amazing people,, i have no future, so for everything you do, i thank you from the bottom of my heart... I always try to thank each and every one of you before i leave, but sometimes it's not achievable,, so this is my way of saying thank you to you all... Keep up the good work and despite the minority of moaning people you have to deal with,,, trust me when i say,, you are doing a wonderful job... Thanks,,, Stephen Brown...

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 26 January 2017

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Pat gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Day surgery for gall bladder removal

I went into hospital ward 27 on the 3rd of January for the removal of my gall bladder as a day patient. I was very apprehensive and worried. The staff were all lovely and made me feel more relaxed. The surgery went well and the theatre nurse was reassuring too as I was having the anaesthetic. Thanks to the consultant and all who helped during the operation. All we ever seem to hear are the bad things that happen at the hospital and never the good experiences. Thanks to everyone who I met on that day for making it all feel ok.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017