Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

David McMillan gave Dentistry and Orthodontics at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

With age comes wisdom

I have just had the broken roots of my lower left third molar removed by the consultant and their team at Scunthorpe. The professionalism and care simply could not have been better - I was informed about exactly what was to be involved in the procedure, the risks and the aftercare. The extraction itself took a couple of minutes at most and the consultant's dry sense of humour helped as well. Thanks for everything. DMc.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 10 April 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hi David, thanks for taking the time to post this review. It's great to hear the dental team looked after you so well and they will really appreciate your feedback.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Coronary Care

Excellent and considerate care given during my stay. The staff were brilliant whilst all contributed to the friendly and helpful experience.Considerate catering staff who drew attention to '' missing custard ' from my crumble order illustrates the attention to detail and consideration. My three calls to Secretarial staff have similarly been dealt with in a very understanding , helpful and sympathetic manner. Many thanks to one and all.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 15 April 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, thank you very much for your lovely review, it's always a pleasure to hear from satisfied patients. Also good to hear the catering staff were on the ball with the custard! Your feedback has been shared with the relevant managers, I'm sure the teams will really appreciate it.
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity services

I changed care from doncaster to scunthorpe and was very glad I did as my experience was so positive compared to my last delivery in doncaster a few years ago. The antenatal team listened to my wishes and supported me safely to achieve the delivery I wanted, the ward team on 26 were excellent and the theatre team involved me in my ELCS and my midwife ensured that following delivery the best practices were followed. Thank you to all involved in our care.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 04 April 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, congratulations on your new arrival! Your feedback is very much appreciated and has been shared with the team and managers. It's always lovely to hear about such positive experiences.

Lou gave Ophthalmology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Outpatients Appointments

Tried to get through to outpatients appointments on 2 occasions. Message came on stating I was number one in the queue and got fed up of waiting after being on hold for 20 minutes on each occasion. Spoke to the operators who were very helpful but they could not get through either.
The system is atrocious and needs to be looked at.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 24 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, thanks for your feedback, we are aware there is a problem with this phone system and it is currently being addressed. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

urgent right hand ultrasound

My prognosis depends on urgent surgical intervention which can not happen until I have had a hand ultrasound. There are no sonographers capable of this and a locum has to be utilised possibly an 8 week wait. This is grossly inappropriate surely a contract could be negotiated with hull and east yorks.
So the use of my right hand is at the mercy of the authority.
Anyone considering attending A and E with a hand injury should be driven to hull where you will get an ultrasound the same day or the next day and if needed surgical intervention.
Appalling treatment - not fit for purpose.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 01 April 2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback.
Please can I ask you to contact Ruth Kent, our head of CT and MRI, on 01724 203456. I'm sorry we have not responded sooner, we have only just been notified of your review.

J Hanley reviewed Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital

M R I scan

I had an R I scan on 27th March, 2015 at 09.45 , and I was very anxious and nervous , the 2 members of staff that carried out the procedure were absolutely brilliant, they reassured me and explained everything that was going to happen, they took the time to put me at my ease and I cannot praise them enough , I would like to say thankyou to them and well done

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 28 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 01 April 2015

Hi, thank you very much for your comments, it's always lovely to receive such positive feedback which has now been shared with the diagnostics team.

Anonymous reviewed Scunthorpe General Hospital

Coffee Bean

We called in the Coffee Bean today and were appalled by the lack of hygiene. A member of staff was touching food (cutting a panini) without gloves, after handling money. They didn't wash their hands before touching the food. We all know that money harbours germs & could have been handled by someone with dirty/infected hands. We think the staff member needs to go on a food hygiene course and we certainly won't be calling there again.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 12 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback, which has been shared with the catering manager.
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

74 year old mother discharged in taxi with catheter

My mother was discharged from ward 2 last week after 4 days in hospital after having seizures. She is a stroke survivor and gets very confused. She was sent home alone in a taxi for the hour long journey arriving at about 8.30. Once home my 78 year old father discovered she had a catheter on . With no information on why or how to use / empty it. Thank goodness for Google . I live 4 hours away and being evening no help available. It then took 2 days to get help from gp s surgery .

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 30 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 01 April 2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Please can I ask you to contact our patient advice and liaison team so that they can look into this? You can contact them by email on nlg-tr.pals@nhs.net or by phone on 01724 290132.
Many thanks
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to a&e

Having not being able to get a doctor to see my daughter at her own surgery i had to take my daughter with chest pain she was seen swiftly and we found the a&e staff very stretched but felt with a very scared daughter she was delt with respect dignity and the nurse in charge of her care was friendly and lovely . Thank you for all your help keep up the good work

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, that you for reviewing our emergency care centre, it's always a pleasure to hear from patients when they've had such a positive experience. Your feedback has been shared with the team, who will much appreciate it.

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital

absolutely discusting treatmant

Bearing in mind i got rushed into this hospital blue lighted on Thursday teatime as an emergency in all the time i have been here i have seen 1 Dr on ward 24!!
Some of the nurses very few are nice.
I've been told i have this i have that i need this i need that and we are now on Tuesday I've had a few pills.
The ward is filthy full of older people who don't let you sleep on a night.
I will be taking this a lot further....

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 16 April 2015

Hello, I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your experience at SGH. If you haven't already done so, please could I suggest you contact our patient advice and liaison team on (01724) 290132 and they can take some details and look into this further?
Many thanks