Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/hospitals/scunthorpe

Sarah gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E visit with my daughter

I visited a and e with my 6 year old daughter who had fallen at the park and her arm was very painful. The staff immediately put her at ease and couldn't have been more helpful explaining to us both what they were going to do and then again to explain the results of the X-ray. All staff that we saw that afternoon had such a lovely manner and really seemed to genuinely enjoy looking after people. We were only there 45 minutes and that included having an X-ray and needing a pot on so very impressed. Thank you very much Scunthorpe A and E

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 10 August 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

lindsay robinson gave Urgent care centre at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

planned investigation unit P I U

i have just spent a week on PIU, although it was unplanned .However I cannot speak too highly of my stay and all treatments given. Staff worked over and above the call of duty . All meals were of a very high standard . Many many thanks to all those concerned

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 02 September 2015

Helen gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ward 24 Thank you.

Could not have asked for better for my dad in his final weeks. A patient admitted very poorly and unable to respond to treatment. My father and his family were treated with great care from the vast majority of staff. Special mention to the doctor, the Staff nurse, there were many many members of staff on ward 24 from consultants to house keepers all deserving of a mention who treated my dad and his entire family with a huge amount of care and compassion. What could be improved? Nothing for us.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 August 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

emma parrott gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

pain mangement /ward

waiting and trying to speak to anyone from pain mangement is a joke never pick up the phone up or returne calls then on ward 27 due to doctors you have to wait 2/3 hours before a 2 hour treatment starts

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 04 August 2015

Anonymous gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ward 28

Although my stay was a short one, and a painful one, it was still a pleasant experience. All the staff, Doctors, nurses and other ward staff were pleasant, friendly and helpful. I never heard or saw any of them complain at the amount of work they had to do, and I must say they never stopped going from one patient to another with a smile. A big thank you to all of them they were amazing. Five stars to all of them.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 07 July 2015

Clair R gave Gynaecology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The surgeon and their team are the best ever.

Admitted to Ward 19 for a laparoscopic hysterectomy on 6th July and cannot fault any of the team on the ward they are so friendly and kind even when they are busy they always have the time to care. The surgeon and their team in theatre are just the best and would recommend them to anyone needing laparoscopic surgery. I'm just sorry that our paths won't cross again. Thank you to all involved with my care.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 09 July 2015

Anonymous gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Perfection

My father was taken very ill at home on Saturday, I rang 111 who supported us really very very well, they arranged a Paramedic, who arrived in 15 mins and was great, he called for an ambulance who arrived in 20 mins, also great, and took him to Scunthorpe General. From reception, through the ward, ICU and now back in the ward the whole experience has been second to none with caring, talented, knowledgeable and for us most of all communicative people.
My father appears to be on the road to recovery now.
His now more positive state is due entirely to all involved from Registras, through the fantastic ICU, and all of the wonderful friends in Ward 23.
Myself and our family can not thank everyone enough for giving us this 'miracle'

We will happily give any endorsement for the hospital

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 10 July 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Hospital feedback

I had my appointment for spinal pain relief injections cancelled within a few days of appointment date last Sept / Oct and the explanation I got when I rang to see why was that the doctor had taken a month off on holiday. I have been waiting nearly 10 months for another appointment. And I get no response when I ring them! Explain how a pain relief clinic is supposed to work as I thought they were there to help with managing pain not extending it.

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 13 July 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 23 July 2015

Hello, I'm sorry to hear this. Please could you contact Bev Hayward on (01724) 282282 ext 3045 if this is still unresolved.
Sarah Mainprize

would just like to thank the staff of A&E who were absolutely brilliant with my little boy (Thomas) last night (19th July 2015) credit where credit is due. You all made our visit very easy, he was seen very quickly and you put him and myself at ease. He was very brave unlike his mum. Thank you!

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 20 July 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 23 July 2015

Hi Sarah, thank you for your lovely feedback. It's great to hear Thomas was a little trooper, hope he's on the mend now.
Best wishes,
Sarah Mainprize

Neil gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

PIU CCU and Cath Lab

Home after a short stay in Scunthorpe General Hospital visiting the Planned investigation unit ward ,this ward prepared me for my procedure in the cath lab ,the nurse on this ward was so efficient and pleasant even though they were somewhat run off their feet been the only nurse on that ward during that shift 22/7/2015.
On arriving at the cath lab prepared for the procedure, the staff and doctor made me feel so relaxed and kept me informed before during and after the angioplasty ,the deparment was brilliant and is on par with castle hill having used both facilities now .
Onward to CCU for recovery again the staff on this ward were a credit to the hospital ,friendly ,caring and informative of all that was going on during my brief stay.
Cardiac rehab staff member it was a pleasure to catch up with you again and enjoyed our chat regarding my illness and found it informative and relaxing .
Well done scunthorpe general hospital you have some outstanding people and wards to be proud of .

Visited in July 2015. Posted on 23 July 2015