Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Blue Sky Imaging Suite - are you sure this is the NHS?

I have visited the imaging suite three times now, and I have never left feeling anything other than utterly impressed. Five star surroundings, wonderful staff, no waiting.... just amazing. It really is as luxurious as healthcare can be.
Most recently I needed an MRI and I was incredibly scared beforehand. But the staff in there were fabulous and the scanner is not the awful narrow tube that you imagine. It is open at both ends, and whilst noisy they do play you music!
Every time we visit the hospital, we are always impressed. We have the choice of Scunthorpe or Doncaster, I don't know why anyone would choose the latter. Thank you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 14 January 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Dentistry and Orthodontics at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

X ray

Always satisfied with the care and respect that all staff show to their clients

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 January 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

I visited A&E on Sunday evening . I was highly satisfied with my treatment .All

I visited A&E on Sunday evening . I was highly satisfied with my treatment .All the staff ,reception ,nurses and Doctors dealt with me quickly efficiently and with care and consideration .
I cannot rate them highly enough

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 20 January 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Thursday 8th Jan Mayhem!

I was unfortunately admitted to Scunthorpe Hospital on Thursday 8th Jan 2015 and was met with a 4 hour wait in A&E before I was able to lie down in a cubicle.. followed by a further 2 hours waiting for a bed to come free on a ward. Once on the ward I waited an hour to see a HO and a further 2 hours to see a Registra, who was the only one to do anything! In that time, I watched an anesthatist refuse to give somebody a General so the HO could do a simple proceedure! A nurse leave here collegue for over 20 mins while dealing with a confused lady who had pulled her drip out... and as watched a pittyful level of a lack of basic care by nurses and Care Assistance alike who did not realise that the confused lady was needing the toilet when those of us around her were left with no doubt! She ended up messing the bed after 40mins of shouting for help! To close, the experience was compounded by a 6 hour wait for a doctor to sign my release forms! 6 hours when he could have signed them when he was there telling me I could go home! Madness is not the word,.. People with basic medical issues are walking into the hospital and there is confusion at all levels. I heard a unit manager scream down the phone at a collegue,' just answer the phone will you'! An extra 2000 nurses will not sort this out.. a change to the way the wards are staffed and trained it needed! 20 bedded unit with 2 staff nurses and 2 care assistants and a cleaner is not safe let alone practical! What are the hospital administration doing???

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 January 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Wayne staples gave Diagnostic Imaging at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Appointment at blue sky imaging in scunthorpe.

Arrived 25 minutes early for a 08.05am mri appointment just to make sure I found it ok, I was putting my watch back on at 08.07am after having the mri scan, you can't fault it, all the staff were great and the department was lovely and clean. Thankyou to everyone involved.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 23 January 2015

Vicky W gave Ophthalmology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Extremely Happy

I would just like to say the help and support i received from the doctor and his staff in the Ophthalmology Department when my son was brought into hospital was exceptional. Every step of the way we were told what was going to happen i.e. Operation procedures / after care. My son in now on the way to a full recovery and with everyones support not only in this department but the Disney Ward has made his recovery time much easier. Thank you with all my heart.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 10 December 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 January 2015

Hi Vicky, thanks very much for your review, it's always good to hear from satisfied customers! Your comments have been shared with the relevant managers who will pass on your thanks directly to the teams involved.
Best wishes with your son's recovery,
Sarah Mainprize

Charlotte gave General Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ward 23

Appalling care. Our relative was admitted for simple antibiotics for an infection in her leg. 2 days later she is bed bound after having her other medical complications completely ignored. Simple nursing care non-existant, communication to family again non existant. Owing to being a medical family, we had to diagnose and suggest to medical and nursing team what should be considered. No pressure relieving equipment available unless asked for, oxygen not working on the wall, run out of intravenous antibiotics, dirty dressings on the floor. Absolutely disgraceful, am totally embarrassed for the nursing profession and mortified about how patients are still neglected after the Mid Staffs Enquiry- Sir Robert Francis, please visit Scunthorpe General Hospital!

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 29 December 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service

Thank you to all involved at scunthorpe hospital. My granddaughter was admitted after a road accident in December the service and treatment received was brilliant I cannot thank you enough .

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 30 December 2014

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 January 2015

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear your graddaughter was well cared for and have shared your comments with the relevant managers.
Best wishes,

Alan Harrison reviewed Orthopaedics at Scunthorpe General Hospital

Ward 10 Orthopedics

On 17th December I was admitted to Ward 10 prior to knee replacement surgery on 18th December by the consultant and his team. All all times I was kept well informed of procedures. There were no delays and things went according to plan. I entered theatre @ 12.46 pm and was back in ward 10 , after recovery, by 2.30 pm. I have nothing but praise for the aftercare I received in ward 10 by all concerned - nurses, cleaners and catering staff were all very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. If I awoke in the middle of the night there was always someone on hand offering to "make a cup of tea,"or tidy my bed. When I was on my feet and ready to return home, I was seen by the consultant, given a good summation and fed ongoing instructions on aftercare by Physio and nurses.I was also given future appointments for suture removal and physio. As I was unable to drive and no one was available to take me, prompt transport was arranged to my home.

Many thanks ... Alan Harrison.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 01 January 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 02 January 2015

Hi Alan, thank you very much for your comments, which have been shared with the relevant managers. It's always good to hear feedback about positive patient experiences and it sounds like you were very well cared for.
Best wishes with your recovery,
Sarah Mainprize

mri,critical nurses, crash team, resus

from arriving in MRI dept having all my fears listened too and actions taken. The 2 ladies who went the extra mile ensuring all measures in place. Their kind reassuring words and full explanations meant so much. Then the worse happened, the fast action of mri staff, the crash team and critical nurses, their care, expertise, fast actions and dignity they gave me. As much as I can remember explaining everything that was happening and giving reassurance. The whole emergency team that attended I cannot thank them enough.
Excellent care through out to which I am extremely grateful. Thank you

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 07 January 2015