Scunthorpe General Hospital

Telephone: 01724 282282
Address: Cliff Gardens, Scunthorpe, DN15 7BH
Website: http://www.nlg.nhs.uk/

karen marshall gave Gynaecology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hysterectomy

attended 7th for hysterectomy and cannot praise enough the car I was given, every member of staff was fantastic, they cared, I was not a number or treated as an inconvenience. The ward was immaculate.

The thing for me was just how much they cared which meant the world.

Cannot praise them enough.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 09 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Hi Karen, that is lovely feedback, thank you. It's always such a pleasure to receive such positive comments from a patient. Your kind words have been shared with the relevant senior manager, who will ensure your praise is passed back to the team.
Best wishes,
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seen very quickly

I went with my 9 year old boy with a wrist break, was seen and treated within an hour. Very good treatment

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback, the team will appreciate it.
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Pain Management at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Pain Clinic

Been trying to contact the pain Clinic for over a week now... Phone just rings and rings and no one answers, when you do get chance to leave a voice message no one bothers ringing you back. It's a very poor service, this was all after appointment cancelled on the day of the operation and they didn't even have the decency to tell me prior to turning up. I've waited well over the time scale for my operation and the lack of communication from the clinic receptionist only adds to the already bad service

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 12 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Hello, there have been some issues with the phone lines for the pain clinic, which have now been resolved. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.
Regards,
Sarah Mainprize

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

a&e department

after visiting a&he last night I am very angry and disappointed. I was told by nhs 111 service to seek emergency care for loss of feeling in my legs that caused me to injure myself ....I waited and saw the triage who then told me to wait to see out of hours Gp who basically was rude and told me to go home do nothing and wait to call gp after bank holiday....I feel like they didn't care n I have to virtually be dying before they can do anything

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 03 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Hello, thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear about this. Please can I suggest you contact our patient advice and liaison team so they can look into this further? You can contact them on 01724 290132 or nlg-tr.pals@nhs.net
Sarah Mainprize

ian windley gave Ophthalmology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent

having to make many visits to ophthalmology dept, i am very pleased with the outcome of my treatment ,the staff make you feel welcome in the dept and I couldn't ask for any more,the consultant and the other doctors are excellent and have treated me as a person not just a patient,the nurses and auxillary staff are fantastic also, I know I have many more visits to come ,and there is definitely no complaints from me.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 06 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital replied on 22 May 2015

Hi Ian, that's lovely feedback, thank you. I'm sure you'll continue to receive excellent service and support from all members of the team.
Best wishes,

concerned public gave Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Shocking

Staff do not seem to care for the patients. When I go to the nurses station they will not make eye contact and continue to talk amongst each other about what they are having for tea! 10 minutes I waited and then I had to shout to get their attention. Basic interpersonal skills are lacking as well as their ability to actually care for patients. This isn't the only time either. It seems to happen every time we visit.
I'm completely shocked by the service and very frightened for the wellbeing of my Granddad in there. Nobody seems to know what is going on, He's been in a week and he hasn't yet started his treatment. Has to repeatedly ask for his cannula to be correctly inserted, basic stuff! He is being left to die in there. I'm complexly shacked and appalled by the level of professionalism by the nurses

Ward 23 you are an absolute disgrace and I shall be taking this further

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 13 May 2015

just great service

My husband had to go to A and E on our Dr's directive. We were treated really well and at all,stages were pleased with the care we received.
The hospital has certainly improved from 3 years ago when we frequented it frequently with my husband.
Great great Crisis Team. Well done and Thank You.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 16 May 2015

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

My mother's care

My mother was admitted to Scunthorpe Hospital and was given a bed on Ward 16 awaiting transfer to Hull Royal Infirmary. One of her nurses deserves specific congratulation and thanks as an efficient, professional, caring member of the staff.

Scunthorpe General Hospital has not yet replied.

Bridget Sarsfield gave Urology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy/Cystoscopy

Attended this morning for a cystoscopy. The whole process took just over an hour from being booked in to getting my results and leaving. I was so impressed by the professionalism, care and respect for dignity shown by all the staff. A warm and friendly department that I would be happy to recommend to anyone.

Lucy Shipman gave Cardiology at Scunthorpe General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Hurendous!

My Fiancé was in hospital. The nurses took days to do jobs that should have taken 5 minutes. There weren't enough doctors for all the patients. I'm very disappointed with this hospital and the standard of care the nurses give. Every time I went into hospital the nurses were stood about chatting and not working. Also, in the first ward he was put into, there was blood in the sink and around the bin that the cleaners hadn't cleaned properly. The standard of this hospital is disgraceful!! Something needs to be done about this hospital. Every time I've been I've been disappointed.