Petersfield Community Hospital

Address: Swan Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB
Website: http://www.childbirthchoices.co.uk

Anonymous gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very Rude Staff!!

My partner fell at football and injured his side we visited the Hospital on Sunday, when we arrived at the Miu there was a gentleman in-front of us who was being spoken to very rudely but we didn't really take any notice, when it was our turn to be spoken to my partner explained his problem and a very rude nurse replied ' well what do you expect me to do about it' to which I replied ' I don't think there is any need to be so rude, they quickly answered back saying they weren't being rude and would we like to fill in a form and we would be seen shortly. This is the second time we have visited the Miu and been spoken to rudely, would not recommend anybody to use this hospital for any minor injuries I would rather drive to Guildford.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 19 March 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your valuable feedback about your experience at MIU, Petersfield Hospital. I was extremely concerned to hear about the way your partner was spoken to and offer you my sincere apologies. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and ask that you kindly contact Matron, Shelly Mason at the hospital on 01730 263221 or Complaints and PALS on
02380 874065 or e-mail hp-tr.complaints@nhs.net

I hope that your partner is recovering well following his injury.

Complaints and PALS Officer

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff

Extremely helpful, caring and competent staff who go above and beyond the call of duty to provide the best service quickly effectively and cheerfully despite the failings of the administrative systems within which they have to work and the limited resources available to them.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 10 February 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 11 February 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your valuable feedback which will be shared with the staff concerned. The Trust welcomes feedback from our patients and I am very pleased to hear about the patient centred care that you received from the staff at the hospital.
Complaints and PALS

Viv Rayner gave Orthopaedics at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injuries Unit - 1st call in emergency - excellent

I fell and damaged my wrist. Not sure if it was sprained or broken, I went to Petersfield MIU. No queue, straight to have the forms done and then to be examined. Next the X-ray - it was a bad break - the radiologist showed me the x-ray - and she said to expect an operation to have it pinned. They e-mailed the x-rays to the main hospital and the orthopaedic registrar needed more detail so they did some more. Then I am speaking to the registrar on the phone about next steps.

Some may have preferred to speak to the registrar face to face but the phone was fine by me - especially as it was fast and saved me an £80 round trip by taxi from home.

That was Friday - they did the op to pin the wrist on the Sunday - brilliant!

Our family have used Petersfield MIU on several occasions and always enjoyed excellent care in a warm comforting atmosphere. See the website for the things they can help with.

Note to form builders - MIU is not given as a departmental option below and it should be!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 02 March 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 18 March 2015

Dear Viv
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about the care that you received at Petersfield Hospital.
I would assure you that your valuable feedback has been shared with the managers of the MIU service to share with the staff concerned and we hope that you are making a speedy recovery following the operation on your wrist.

Iain Rennie gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Chest injury

Can not be complementary enough in the way my problem was dealt with. Speedy, efficient and sympathetic Thank you to all the staff in the Minor Injuries Department.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 12 January 2015

Dear Mr Rennie
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind compliment about the Minor Injuries unit. Patient feedback is extremely valubale to the Trust and I can assure you that this has been shared with the staff and manager concerned.
Complaints and PALS Officer

Graeme gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor head injury.

Very good service, waiting time of approx 8 minutes! Never considered a minor injuries unit before but highly recommend them! More people should do the same.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 18 January 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 26 January 2015

Dear Graeme
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your valuable feedback. The Trust welcomes all feedback from our patients and it is good to hear about the service that you received at Petersfield Hospital, Minor Injuries Unit. I would assure you that this has been shared with the staff concerned.

Nigel Earp gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elderly health care

I have just collected my 93 year old Father after staying in Petersfield Hospital following a fall at home. The staff and facilities at this hospital are excellent. Everyone is doing a great job.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Dear Mr Earp
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to post them. Feedback is extremely important to our Trust and it is good to hear that your father received excellent care. I do hope that your father has made a good recovery following his fall. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the staff who cared for your father.
Complaints and PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent 1st baby experience

I had my 1st baby here. They were waiting for me when I arrived and I must have had 4 ladies helping out. Once on the room the midwife was v calm and it was a v peaceful environment. I made it to the pool which was wonderful and my little lady was born within the hour. Having a baby at the grange makes you part of a small unique family and you have a whole network of help by ladies who are so caring. Now she is 4.5 months & we still visit just to say hello to the staff. Lovely atmosphere for having a baby.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 January 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 11 February 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your lovely comments about the maternity services at Petersfield Hospital. Please be assured that these have been passed to Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust who manage this service and who are very pleased to hear about your experience. I would like to offer you my belated congratulations and I hope your daughter is bringing you lots of happiness.
Complaints and PALS Officer

JBennett gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

I've just got back from taking my 2 year old to visit the hospital as she had fallen down and bumped her cheek in her room. They were excellent - didn't make me feel silly for going along, gave her a thorough check over and sent me on my way with some really useful information. Couldn't be happier with the entire service we just received.

The triage nurse kept her smiling and the nurse we saw was so kind and so helpful - he even allowed her 15 minutes play time so we could observe her and check she didn't have any dizziness or injuries we hadn't seen.

The process was fast, professional and caring which is exactly what I'd hope for in any Minor Injurys unit.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Dear Mrs Bennett
Thank you very much for letting us know that the service you received at the Minor Injuries Unit for your daughter was fast, kind and professional. We welcome and value feedback from our patients and their families. I would assure you that this has been shared with the staff concerned and I do hope that your daughter has made a full recovery.

Brilliant

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 27 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback. I would assure that this has been shared with the staff concerned. We hope that your daughter has made a full recovery.
Complaints and PALS

TB1988 gave Maternity services at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing Maternity Appointments

My partner and I are expecting a child and have been visiting who we thought was going to be our midwife at the Grange. However we have been very disappointed with the whole process.
My partner has been early or on time for all appointments but for every single one has had to wait over half an hour. Despite this wait (we assume the midwife is having a good chat to her patients), my partner is then rushed in and rushed out with little or no time to voice any concerns or ask any questions. This has happened every single time and as we are planning a home birth, this is concerning as we do not know exactly what is going on.
And now, less than 2 weeks from the due date, the midwife has informed us that she is on annual leave for the next 2 weeks so definitely will not be available on the due date. So now, after getting to know our midwife as much as possible, we are most likely going to have a complete stranger delivering our baby. We understand that this is not really a huge issue but surely our it would have been noted for some time that the midwife would be away during this time so shy has she been selected for expectant mothers with due dates that fall during her annual leave? This can cause uncertainty and worry for expectant parents and also potential contact issues. We have the direct number for our midwife but she won't be available so now we have to call the Grange and hope that somebody can come out, otherwise we have to call for an ambulance or risk driving to the Grange and potentially having to deliver the baby ourselves.
Very confused, disappointed and upset with what seems to be a very unorganised Maternity unit

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Dear TB1988
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and I was sorry to learn about your concerns.
The maternity service at Petersfield Hospital is managed by Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust who would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. Please kindly contact their
Patient and Customer Services Team