Petersfield Community Hospital

01730 263221 Swan Street , Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB

Katrina Lewin gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 4 stars

i stopped by the hospital yesterday evening, (having closed my car door on my thumb a few mins earlier, the hospital being closer than home) unfortunately the MIU was already closed but the reception team could see how much pain I was in and called the nursing team on Cedar ward, they very kindly cleaned me up, gave sound advice and a cup of sugary tea and reminded me to stop by the pharmacy for pain killers. A fantastic service when all I wanted was something cold to ease the pain. Thank you everyone xx

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 28 November 2015

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 30 November 2015

Dear Katrina
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding your recent experiences at the MIU. Please be assured that your comments has been shared with the Team involved.
Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise.
Kind regards.
Debbie

Anonymous gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Convenient location, un-empatheic nurse.

So useful to have the MIU in Petersfield, saves us clogging up the A&Es.
Used the unit a couple of years ago and was very pleased, treated with respect and empathy by the nurse on duty.
Unfortunately today, a rather un-empathetic nurse on duty, who didn't even feel it necessary to examine my husband, so how they could be sure what was wrong with him I'll never know.
There is a way of communicating information to patients, with respect, politeness and not have them leaving feeling they were stupid to even ask... What a shame this nurse didn't have it.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 October 2015

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2015

I am sorry to learn of your bad experience, however the services at the MIU at Petersfield do not come under the remit of Queen Alexandra Hospital. Kind regards. Debbie.

Dee newell gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor treatment unit

I was unfortunate enough to have to attend the minor treatment unit last Friday. I cannot express how amazing the staff were. They instantly put me at ease when I was in pain and concerned about my injury. The unit itself was very clean and welcoming and the staff nothing but professional and knowledgeable. I went back both Saturday and Sunday so therefore came into contact with other members of the team but once again they met the previous exacting standards of care. The team referred me to the plastics clinic on the Monday and it backed up and conformed the treatment and diagnosis the team had given me. I hope you are able to pass my upmost thanks to the unit. Good as they are I hope not to have to meet them again! However if myself or a member of my family needs help this is where I would turn to first.
I feel I can give such a glowing report as I work in the NHS and know what standards I am judging them against. Please share this with the team and feel free to use it for any audit or other use as you see fit. People are always so quick to complain about the NHS so I wanted you to know that it does work with the right set up and team. Many Thanks

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 16 October 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 12 November 2015

Dear Mrs Newell
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely compliment after your experience in the Minor Injuries unit in Petersfield Hospital. I will certainly pass on to the staff your thanks and appreciation of the treatment you have received. I hope that your injury has not caused you too much pain and is well on the way to healing.
Sandy Spong
Area Matron

excellent service

I was so impressed by the excellent care I received at the hospital in the minor injuries unit. The staff were warm, caring and extremely professional. I should particularly like to commend the nurse practitioner (?) who took such great care of me.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 22 August 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 24 August 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your compliments about the minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital. I would assure you that this feedback has been passed on to the staff concerned who will be very pleased to hear about your experience.

D Smith gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Minor Injuries Unit

Just had to visit the MIU at Petersfield and received excellent service. A member of staff was efficient and pleasant. Couldn't have asked for better treatment. Well done.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 29 August 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 22 September 2015

Positive feedback is rewarding and valuable for the staff concerned and I thank you for taking the time to post it. I would assure you that this has been shared with the team involved with your care.
Customer Experience

Extremely efficient

Visited the minor injuries department today and was most impressed with the
service I received all the staff were most helpful and waiting time was kept to a mimum,
in fact it was the least stressful visit I have ever had to a hospital.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 22 June 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 03 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I would assure you that your valuable feedback has been passed on to the Minor Injuries team and the Manager.

Long Live Petersfield Minor Injuries Unit

My 12 year old son sustained an injury to his foot which required an x-ray on a Sunday morning, so he was duly taken to local A&E department. Once finally seen and then x-rayed it was ascertained no bones were broken. However, precious little advice on how to look after the foot or expedite recovery was given. No thought or information offered as to how my son could mange the challenges of school the next day with a foot he could barely walk on.
Came home dissatisfied and went straight to Minor Injuries where he was treated with thoughtfulness, care and professionalism. His concerns were answered kindly and reassuringly and he left with a pair of crutches and clear idea of what to expect over the coming days and how to manage it. Long Live Petersfield Minor Injuries Unit.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 10 May 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 11 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback about the Minor Injuries Unit at Petersfield Hospital. I was sorry to learn about your son's injury to his foot and I hope he is making a good recovery. Your compliments about the Unit have been shared with the staff and managers of the service, who were very happy to hear about the kind, personal, professional and helpful care that your son received.
I am sorry to hear about your son's experience at A&E and if you need any help or advice about feeding back about this we would be happy to assist or direct you to the relevant patient experience service at the hospital concerned. Our telephone number is 02380 874065.

Brilliant MIU staff

I came into the hospital in a state on Saturday 16th May at 17h50, my son never gets sick but after a bad cold he became distressed and couldn't breathe properly. Even though the staff said they had no Doctors and I would need him assessed at a larger A and E, they still took the time to see to my 5year old and myself and actually calmed us both down. My son seemed to have over exerted himself and thankfully it was not serious and he's since made a full recovery. I just wanted to mention how professional, patient and kind the 2 staff members were. They really helped calm a potentially serious and rather scary situation and I appreciated the advice and care we received, even as MIU was due to close they gave us their own time!! They're an example to how amazing our NHS service is!Thank you to both of them.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 20 May 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 26 May 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind feedback which I assure you has been shared with the staff concerned and their managers. We are pleased to hear that your son has made a full recovery and also that the staff were able to support and care for both of you during this scary experience.
Complaints and PALS Officer

Charley D gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fabulous

I attended this unit when my son had pushed some items into his ear causing bleeding.
The service i received was fabulous and the warmth and kindness from the staff was superb.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 14 July 2015

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 16 July 2015

Dear Charley D
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback about your experiences at Queen Alexandra Hospital. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the area concerned. Kind regards Debbie

Anonymous gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very Rude Staff!!

My partner fell at football and injured his side we visited the Hospital on Sunday, when we arrived at the Miu there was a gentleman in-front of us who was being spoken to very rudely but we didn't really take any notice, when it was our turn to be spoken to my partner explained his problem and a very rude nurse replied ' well what do you expect me to do about it' to which I replied ' I don't think there is any need to be so rude, they quickly answered back saying they weren't being rude and would we like to fill in a form and we would be seen shortly. This is the second time we have visited the Miu and been spoken to rudely, would not recommend anybody to use this hospital for any minor injuries I would rather drive to Guildford.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 19 March 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your valuable feedback about your experience at MIU, Petersfield Hospital. I was extremely concerned to hear about the way your partner was spoken to and offer you my sincere apologies. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you and ask that you kindly contact Matron, Shelly Mason at the hospital on 01730 263221 or Complaints and PALS on
02380 874065 or e-mail hp-tr.complaints@nhs.net

I hope that your partner is recovering well following his injury.

Complaints and PALS Officer