Petersfield Community Hospital

01730 263221 Swan Street , Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB

Edwin Riddell gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A gashed finger

I caught my index finger in the car door earlier today (16/5/17), causing bruising and a gash. I applied plasters, but the wound kept leaking, probably because I am on blood-thinners (Rivaroxaban).

Rather than trouble an A&E department, friends suggested I try the Petersfield Community Hospital minor injuries unit in Swan Street, which I remembered gave good treatment to my mother-in-law two or three years ago.

Including the time taken to fill in ther necessary form, I was seen, assessed, the wound cleaned and bandaged in something like 15-20 minutes. All carried out with exemplary professionalism and friendliness. Careful questioning about ther medication I take was also carried out.

Recounting my experience, friends and family agreed that the Community Hospital is an absolutely excellent service for the town of Petersfield and its large rural surrounding area.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 23 May 2017

Dear Mr Riddell
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback about the Minor Injuries Unit at Petersfield Hospital. We are so pleased to hear that you received excellent and professional care and that the hospital provides a good service for the community.
I would assure you that your feedback will be shared with the staff at the hospital.
Kindest regards

Customer Experience

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Used the walk in clinic on New Year's Eve. Seen very promptly. Treated with dignity and respect. Happy to recommend.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 01 January 2017

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words. I will share your comments with the staff involved who I'm sure will be just as delighted to read them. Kind regards. Debbie

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous gave Phlebotomy services at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nice friendly staff, very little facility for bike parking

Nice friendly staff and helpful receptionist when I called in for a blood test. There are not any secure bike racks. The racks outside the doctors' surgery are those that only enable you to park and lock the front wheel only, this isn't very secure and bikes are an easy target for thieves if left this way. l left my bike locked to the barrier just outside the hospital main entrance.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 September 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your kind words with us. We are so glad that you had such a positive experience when having your blood test.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team involved who will be pleased to receive such positive feedback.
Kind regards.
Debbie

Great treatment received

I was seen within ten minutes and had left hospital with treatment within an hour. The hospital was clean and seemed well organised. the staff were supportive, friendly and discussed the treatment plan with me in a clear and informative way.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 05 September 2016

I'm glad to hear that your experience at the hospital was a positive one and that things went as well as expected.
Thank you for taking the time to give us such helpful comments.

Katrina Lewin gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 4 stars

i stopped by the hospital yesterday evening, (having closed my car door on my thumb a few mins earlier, the hospital being closer than home) unfortunately the MIU was already closed but the reception team could see how much pain I was in and called the nursing team on Cedar ward, they very kindly cleaned me up, gave sound advice and a cup of sugary tea and reminded me to stop by the pharmacy for pain killers. A fantastic service when all I wanted was something cold to ease the pain. Thank you everyone xx

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 28 November 2015

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 30 November 2015

Dear Katrina
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback regarding your recent experiences at the MIU. Please be assured that your comments has been shared with the Team involved.
Should you ever need to share your views with us direct, good or bad, then please contact our PALS Team on PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who will be happy to help and advise.
Kind regards.
Debbie

Anonymous gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Convenient location, un-empatheic nurse.

So useful to have the MIU in Petersfield, saves us clogging up the A&Es.
Used the unit a couple of years ago and was very pleased, treated with respect and empathy by the nurse on duty.
Unfortunately today, a rather un-empathetic nurse on duty, who didn't even feel it necessary to examine my husband, so how they could be sure what was wrong with him I'll never know.
There is a way of communicating information to patients, with respect, politeness and not have them leaving feeling they were stupid to even ask... What a shame this nurse didn't have it.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 October 2015

Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2015

I am sorry to learn of your bad experience, however the services at the MIU at Petersfield do not come under the remit of Queen Alexandra Hospital. Kind regards. Debbie.

Dee newell gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor treatment unit

I was unfortunate enough to have to attend the minor treatment unit last Friday. I cannot express how amazing the staff were. They instantly put me at ease when I was in pain and concerned about my injury. The unit itself was very clean and welcoming and the staff nothing but professional and knowledgeable. I went back both Saturday and Sunday so therefore came into contact with other members of the team but once again they met the previous exacting standards of care. The team referred me to the plastics clinic on the Monday and it backed up and conformed the treatment and diagnosis the team had given me. I hope you are able to pass my upmost thanks to the unit. Good as they are I hope not to have to meet them again! However if myself or a member of my family needs help this is where I would turn to first.
I feel I can give such a glowing report as I work in the NHS and know what standards I am judging them against. Please share this with the team and feel free to use it for any audit or other use as you see fit. People are always so quick to complain about the NHS so I wanted you to know that it does work with the right set up and team. Many Thanks

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 16 October 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 12 November 2015

Dear Mrs Newell
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely compliment after your experience in the Minor Injuries unit in Petersfield Hospital. I will certainly pass on to the staff your thanks and appreciation of the treatment you have received. I hope that your injury has not caused you too much pain and is well on the way to healing.
Sandy Spong
Area Matron

excellent service

I was so impressed by the excellent care I received at the hospital in the minor injuries unit. The staff were warm, caring and extremely professional. I should particularly like to commend the nurse practitioner (?) who took such great care of me.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 22 August 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 24 August 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your compliments about the minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital. I would assure you that this feedback has been passed on to the staff concerned who will be very pleased to hear about your experience.
Complaints and PALS

D Smith gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Minor Injuries Unit

Just had to visit the MIU at Petersfield and received excellent service. A member of staff was efficient and pleasant. Couldn't have asked for better treatment. Well done.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 29 August 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 22 September 2015

Positive feedback is rewarding and valuable for the staff concerned and I thank you for taking the time to post it. I would assure you that this has been shared with the team involved with your care.
Customer Experience

Extremely efficient

Visited the minor injuries department today and was most impressed with the
service I received all the staff were most helpful and waiting time was kept to a mimum,
in fact it was the least stressful visit I have ever had to a hospital.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 22 June 2015

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 03 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments. I would assure you that your valuable feedback has been passed on to the Minor Injuries team and the Manager.

Complaints and PALS