Petersfield Community Hospital

Address: Swan Street, Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB
Website: http://www.childbirthchoices.co.uk

Nigel Earp gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elderly health care

I have just collected my 93 year old Father after staying in Petersfield Hospital following a fall at home. The staff and facilities at this hospital are excellent. Everyone is doing a great job.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 04 November 2014

Dear Mr Earp
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to post them. Feedback is extremely important to our Trust and it is good to hear that your father received excellent care. I do hope that your father has made a good recovery following his fall. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the staff who cared for your father.
Complaints and PALS Officer

JBennett gave General Surgery at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant

I've just got back from taking my 2 year old to visit the hospital as she had fallen down and bumped her cheek in her room. They were excellent - didn't make me feel silly for going along, gave her a thorough check over and sent me on my way with some really useful information. Couldn't be happier with the entire service we just received.

The triage nurse kept her smiling and the nurse we saw was so kind and so helpful - he even allowed her 15 minutes play time so we could observe her and check she didn't have any dizziness or injuries we hadn't seen.

The process was fast, professional and caring which is exactly what I'd hope for in any Minor Injurys unit.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Dear Mrs Bennett
Thank you very much for letting us know that the service you received at the Minor Injuries Unit for your daughter was fast, kind and professional. We welcome and value feedback from our patients and their families. I would assure you that this has been shared with the staff concerned and I do hope that your daughter has made a full recovery.
Complaints and PALS Officer

Brilliant

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 27 November 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback. I would assure that this has been shared with the staff concerned. We hope that your daughter has made a full recovery.
Complaints and PALS

TB1988 gave Maternity services at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Disappointing Maternity Appointments

My partner and I are expecting a child and have been visiting who we thought was going to be our midwife at the Grange. However we have been very disappointed with the whole process.
My partner has been early or on time for all appointments but for every single one has had to wait over half an hour. Despite this wait (we assume the midwife is having a good chat to her patients), my partner is then rushed in and rushed out with little or no time to voice any concerns or ask any questions. This has happened every single time and as we are planning a home birth, this is concerning as we do not know exactly what is going on.
And now, less than 2 weeks from the due date, the midwife has informed us that she is on annual leave for the next 2 weeks so definitely will not be available on the due date. So now, after getting to know our midwife as much as possible, we are most likely going to have a complete stranger delivering our baby. We understand that this is not really a huge issue but surely our it would have been noted for some time that the midwife would be away during this time so shy has she been selected for expectant mothers with due dates that fall during her annual leave? This can cause uncertainty and worry for expectant parents and also potential contact issues. We have the direct number for our midwife but she won't be available so now we have to call the Grange and hope that somebody can come out, otherwise we have to call for an ambulance or risk driving to the Grange and potentially having to deliver the baby ourselves.
Very confused, disappointed and upset with what seems to be a very unorganised Maternity unit

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 03 June 2014

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 04 December 2014

Dear TB1988
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and I was sorry to learn about your concerns.
The maternity service at Petersfield Hospital is managed by Portsmouth Hospital NHS Trust who would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. Please kindly contact their
Patient and Customer Services Team

Email: PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk

Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Jan190 gave at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injuries clinic

Quick visit to MInor Injuries clinic today for a burnt wrist. I was treated promptly, efficiently and with good humour. Thank you you so much team

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 22 March 2014

Dear Jan

We are pleased to hear that the service you received was prompt and efficient and we thank you very much for letting us know.

alan roper gave at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

great service

What I liked

following a badly lacerated finger i was advised to attend by my local surgery { forest road bordon} . I cannot speak highly enough of the way i was dealt with at a busy time for the clinic . At all times i was treated professionally and with respect and friendliness , a credit to the hospital and to the NHS , thank you.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 08 February 2014

Dear Alan

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind compliments about the care that you received from the minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital. It is very good to hear that our staff provide the professional, courteous care that our patient's need.
Please be assured that this has been shared with the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fabulous care!

The two male staff in MIU were fantastic and my 90 yr old mother could not have been looked after better. She was treated with the upmost care, respect and humour every step of the way.
A very big thank you, the whole experience was outstanding.

Visited in February 2014. Posted on 08 February 2014

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 27 November 2014

Thank you very much for posting your compliments about the care that you received at Petersfield Hospital. I was pleased to hear that your mother was looked after very well. The Trust and staff concerned is very pleased to hear that the service provided to your mother was outstanding.

Rose Hill gave at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

I had a minor motorbike accident, but was an absolute mess! I've avoided going to the doctors/hospital my whole life, as it scares me and I am so so squeamish!

But the staff at Petersfield's minor injuries were amazing. They put up with me throughout my screams and a lot of swearing (still feeling bad about that). Even though I'm 19, I most definitely reacted like a child to my injury, but they kept smiling throughout and made me feel at ease.

My wound has healed so very well thanks to them! Quicker and better than expected!

I would definitely recommend the facility- in fact, I'd go there over my doctors any day!

Visited in June 2013. Posted on 04 September 2013

Dear Rose,
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about the care that you received, at the Minor Injuries Unit. I was sorry to hear about your accident and I hope that you have made a full recovery.
It is nice to hear that the staff put you at your ease and provided you with the care that you needed. I would assure you that your comments have been passed on to the staff concerned.

Anonymous gave Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rowan and Cedar wards

My mother has been into Petersfield several times for rehabilitiation as she is elderly and frail. She was admitted onto Rowan and Cedar wards. I am very impressed with the level of care and support she received and it was much appreciated. She was being cared for rather than just treated, thank you.

Visited in February 2013. Posted on 12 February 2013

Petersfield Community Hospital replied on 27 November 2014

I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments about the service our staff provide. It is lovely to hear that our service provided your mother with the care that she needed.

Keith Bissex gave at Petersfield Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to minor injuries unit - Sat 12 Jan 13

Had 'foreign body' lodged in eye, which they were able to treat quickly and successfully. Didn't have to wait. Staff most considerate & very helpful. Thank you.

Visited in January 2013. Posted on 19 January 2013

Dear Keith
Thank you very much for posting your kind comments about the care that you received from the minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital.