Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Anonymous gave Bariatric surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Obesity Clinic

My referral to the Obesity Clinic came through within 2 months. Have seen a dietician on 3 occasions and a consultant surgeon today. All of the staff I have seen have been very pleasant and professional. I have welcomed the amount of listening the staff do and the advice given. I would recommend that appointments are coordinated, so that patients can see the dietician and doctor on the same day. This might be available if I had rung through to appointments, so i will try this for my next appointments, now I know that both were available at the same sessions.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 09 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Jeremy gave Orthopaedics at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stay on Ward 23

I had reason to spend the last weekend in Ward 23.

I can tell you the NHS is fantastic, from the Ambulance crew the AnE team, the doctors, the surgeons, the anaesthetist, the team that move you about on trolleys and the awesome, awesome ward nurses – they all introduce themselves, they all have time to explain and generally turned quite a big scary thing into something easier to cope with. I am so sorry I cant remember all the names but everyone was ready with a smile regardless of what they were doing.

They did a fantastic job and I am home with a recovery plan in less than 3 days - over a bank holiday weekend.

We live in the best country in the world and I would put the number 1 reason for that as the way we care for those who can’t care for themselves – the NHS

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 09 May 2017

Elaine Soanes gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

admission to A&E and care in paediatric ward

I wanted to thank all the staff we saw in A&E, the ENT and the fantastic team on the adolescent ward for the care they gave my daughter.

The wait to be admitted to A&E was less than 10 minutes, and within 3 or 4 hours, she was feeling much more comfortable and had been settled in the paediatrics ward.

The staff were all so caring and kind, listened to her and made her feel better.

The person in ENT was very thorough and had a lovely manner.

Also, I couldn't believe how thorough the person doing the cleaning was - everyday they cleaned every single surface in her ward - including the underside of the beds - and they took real pride in what they did.

The person from the Education Support Team was very helpful - I had no idea such a role existed: great to know that if your child is in longer term, that their education will be supported.

Many, many thanks - so nice to have such a wonderful caring hospital on our doorstep.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 09 May 2017

Richard gray gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Childrens accident and emergency

The staff that helped my doughter on the 9/5/2017 between 6pmand 8pm we're fantastic I am sorry I can't remember all there names. They were kind and so professional thank you so much. From Richard Gray and Abigail aged 11

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Jan Clayton gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great place and service

Went to L & D A&E recently and found them to be very good, Monday morning not a long wait at all, saw a nurse first who referred me to a doctor who reassured me that it was all ok

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Adam gave Maternity services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional staff caring and knowleagible

We are happy with profesional advise about care and breasfeedibg for our baby. Good nutritiuos food, clean amd peaceful environment. It was warm. Midwifes helpful and proffessional. Thank you to the midwifes and doctors. Thanks

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Rachel McKenna gave Gynaecology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional level of care

Stayed in hospital for 4 nights and I can honestly say the level of care I received was exceptional. All of the nurses were fantastic and always smiling, no request was a problem, no matter how big or small they were always on hand to help. Thank you for the wonderful care.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

pat gave Imaging services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT SCAN EXPERIENCE

This is my second visit to this department. It was clean, the staff from reception to all parts of canular insertion actual CT scan were efficent caring informative and made my experience a really good one and it was done in a flash. Thank you all on the Saturday morning shift 20.05.17.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 May 2017

Marz87 reviewed Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Your standards of care was brilliant

Dear all at EAU
I came in Thursday last week and just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone that treated me. I was amazed at how wonderful everyone was considering I was there for something pretty minor.
Your standards of care, humor, and efficiency were all brilliant.
I really hope that you are able to continue providing such great care for a long, long time. People really do appreciate all the good work you guys do!
Thanks again

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Munazza gave Maternity services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Baby boy birth experience

I recently had baby boy at l and D hospital and I must say the midwife there was amazing they helped me a lot with smile on their face through out the entire period they saved me from epidural and made my birth as normal as they could it was wonderful experience with them and I can never thank them enough for their support and help I wanted to mention their name but could not because of hospital policy

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017