Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience during my endoscopy outpatient visit

I was referred to the Endoscopy unit by my GP. In less than a week I received a telephone call booking an appointment for 3 days later. On arrival the staff were courteous and helpful and ensured I had completed all necessary paperwork. I then moved into the Clinical section to await my procedure where again all staff were excellent, caring and patient. I even got Tea and Biscuits following the procedure. Excellent Service from the Endoscopy unit, thanks

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Anonymous gave Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful nhs

Disgusting, staff walk around like working in slow motion!
Rude staff
Incompetent

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 July 2017

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.

Mr Atkins reviewed Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Disability Car parking

11/07/17 my wife has primary progressive MS and walking is very limited...
Today she had an appointment, But some individuals have taken over the disability car park with a marquee..
Temp disability parking over 100yds away, with a security person who does care that the temp parking is full...
Thank you for the stress you have put my wife through today!!

Who ever made this decision is Beyond my comprehension as to mock the afflicted...

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ultrasound

One member of staff was absolutely brilliant. They held the department together whilst another member of staff was inadvertently running late. They were ensuring the patients understood the reason for the delay and kept everyone updated. Once with the sonographer I was treated respectfully and my dignity maintained.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 16 July 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 July 2017

Annette Fisher reviewed Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Thank you so much to paramedics who arrived so promptly after I had rung 111. I was looking after my 4 year old grandaughter when she suddenly and out of the blue had a seizure. Their calm reassurance and kindness to both of us enabled me to cope.I can't thank them enough. They were wonderful. We did not attend the L and D as we live out of area, but went to another hospital. If all L and D staff are of this calibre it must be a brilliant hospital.I hope that my thanks will be conveyed to them.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 23 July 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 July 2017

Lin Partridge gave Cardiology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant treatment

I have recently had numerous visits to A&E with heart problems, last
Monday I was admitted for an angiogram which was performed on Thursday I cannot thank the staff in A&E for there kindness and prompt service. I was transferred to the Cardiac Centre and the staff gave me excellent care and I am so grateful to be treated by such a kind consultant who explained everything during the operation. The results are amazing they placed stents to clear a 95% artery blockage and I'm pain free Yippee!!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 02 June 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 June 2017

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thanks to paramedics, A and E and Paediatric.

My niece was blue lighted in with suspected sepsis following a fitting episode at home. The ambulance arrived within minutes and the paramedics and resus staff in a and e saved her life with their quick thinking actions. My family will forever be greatful to the staff at the L and D, who have treated many members of my family over the years.
I get so fed up with people only reporting their negative experiences of the NHS.
The fact is that without the hardworking staff in the NHS many more lives would be lost.
We are very lucky to have them.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 26 June 2017

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Lost results and long wait

With extremely unusual and very fast growing thyroid nodules I went for an ultrasound. I was treated well, even though I had to wait 3 wks on the fast track cancer list. The sonographer said the results would be there the next morning for my ENT apptmnt, but the next day we waited 1.5 hours for the ENT doctor and when we finally got in the doctor had results to talk about. The doctor tried to phone up to the imaging dept for results but they didn't answer. So we left with absolutely nothing and have to reschedule another apptmnt at a later date. I have lost 3 days at work so far (no pay) and still know nothing. the ENT doctors were brash and unresponsive. Every time I come to the L&D the doctors make me feel like I am wasting their time and that I will get three minutes if I am lucky then I have to leave. Never any time for questions, never any reassurance or compassion, just cold and dismissive. My other cancer apptmnt (for prostate cancer) was the same. We just feel worse than if we had ever come.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Sue gave Imaging services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I visited the women's ultrasound yesterday.

I want to thank the person who did my ultrasound. Dr was kind, thoughtful and professional. The result was sent to my GP within a couple of hours enabling a referral on to a gynaecologist quickly. Please pass this on to the team.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 21 June 2017

Eileen reviewed Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Excellent care

I was taken to A&E at the Luton and Dunstable hospital on the 8th June 2017. Cardiac problems. The care I received was professional, skilled, kind and rapid. Thank you so very much.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017