Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Attitude couldn't be worse.

Upon arrival as an outpatient your reception staff couldn't be bothered with as much as a hello, or the ability to make eye contact.
I could barely understand the doctor, and they seemed in more of a rush to get me out than they did to help me, the nurse/HCA with them did not speak or assist in any way, and looked disgruntled.

I recieved a phone call yesterday from the same rude department after leaving a message explaining that I'd be unable to attend an appointment they had given me. I have never been spoken to worse by someone, they have me in tears. Regardless of whether you work in a shop, or for the nhs, it's CUSTOMER FACING, and you cannot speak to people like dirt. The nhs may be a free service, this does not make it right. I have now spoken with my GP about going to Bupa, to avoid the same disgusting treatment. Unfortunately it isn't the first time I've been disappointed by the grossly negative attitude of nhs staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Reduced to tears by obnoxious examiner during Colposcopy

Attended a Colposcopy appointment today and have been left appalled and quite angry with the attitude of the examiner.

The last Colposcopy I had last year was done by a Nurse who was so kind and reassuring. Complete contrast this time around!
I was already very nervous and anxious leading up to and attending the examination and the examiner was very abrupt, cold and snappy with me and ended up reducing me to tears during the examination by snapping at me because I wasn't sure about the question he was asking me and snapped at me "well you should know this!".

Not the best approach to reassure someone who is very nervous and anxious about the examination! I was made to feel so awkward and uncomfortable that I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I didn't ask any questions at the end in fear of being snapped at or belittled again! My partner was waiting for me in the waiting room afterwards and I burst into tears when I saw him leaving him worried and wondering what had happened until I could eventually explain.

Due to the very nature of the examination and getting women along to the appointments to detect possible early stages of cancer it is particularly disgraceful
attitude of the examiner! Great way to put women off attending any further appointments! I hope I don't get another call back because I definitely won't be attending in fear of getting the same obnoxious examiner!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Obesity Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hospital treatment.

I have been attending the bariatric unit for 10 months and would recommend this department to everyone.
They have been welcoming , helpful and very sympathetic when dealing with myself and my husband.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Rugbyrichard gave Limb Fitting and Orthotics at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

offensive reception staff

when arriving for my appointment the receptionist informed me that my appointment had been cancelled.I informed them that I had not received oral or written cancellation they said someone was coming to talk to me.A staff member came out of the office and stood in front of me in a aggressive manner demanding that they had sent me a message cancelling.I told them I had not received it so they just kept shouting at me that they had to which I said if I had received it why would I turn up for a cancelled appointment they started to say that some people are just awkward but stop mid way through awkward.At this point I just told them to give me my shoe so I could just get out of here to which they did.When I had the shoe I told them not to send me an appointment as I would not be coming back to this department again to have my built up shoe fitted.This person has no skills in people management and needs training in manners and how to deal will people.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Forgotten about for 1 1/2 hours

We attended Luton and Dunstable because it was the first place that could offer my teenage son a cardiology appointment. We had a 30 minute drive to get to the hospital and couldn't park. We had left plenty of time to find our way around an unfamiliar place. We wasted so much time trying in vain to find a parking space. We parked a 10-15 minute walk away and were nearly late for the appointment. The only people who were pleasant were the volunteer in the entrance, the staff member on ECG Reception and the ECG nurse. Everyone else looked miserable and completely disinterested. We went to Cardiology, only to be told we had to go to ECG. Why they don't say this in the letter and save you wandering around like an idiot, I don't know. When we returned to Cardiology from ECG we told the nurses we were back and they told us to take a seat. The waiting room was very full, so it was clear we would have a long wait. After over an hour I began to have suspicions when people who arrived after us were going in to the see the doctors. Eventually a nurse looked at the files waiting for the doctors and said "Oh, there are 3 files and 4 patients waiting!". After a few minutes they called my son's name out - his file had been sitting on a shelf and had not been put into the system! The nurses tried to blame us, saying we had not told them we were back from ECG, which was completely untrue. Also why did it take over 1 1/2 hours for them to wonder why we were sitting there? We were in the middle of the waiting room, not tucked away around a corner! Then they told us that my son should have given them the ECG results to put into the file. 1. He walked in carrying the envelope in his hand, why didn't they ask for it? 2. The nurse who gave him the trace at ECG told him to give it to the doctor, so he was doing what he'd been told. It's bad enough to be forgotten about for so long, but then to have the blame shoved onto you is unacceptable. We'd been waiting 2 hours or more when we finally got to see a doctor, who completely failed to listen to what we were saying about my son's health. As a first experience of Luton and Dunstable Hospital it made a very bad impression.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Tina gave Trauma and Orthopaedics at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Do not get referred to this hospital

My partner is currently enduring his second stay in this hospital following a previous messed up operation by the same consultant. There is no "customer service" at this hospital whatsoever" with all staff unable to help or assist. If your next course of drugs are due, you have to remind the staff! If you press the emergency button, someone may attend eventually, or the nurse will attend and then disappear with your needs unanswered. The night staff are absolutely useless, with drugs missed, and urine bottles uncollected. It is an utter disgrace! People are in the hospital to be "nursed" after an operation and Luton & Dunstable are falling well short of this, as I see no nursing being carried out at all. There is no one to explain what procedure you have had done, diagnosis or prognosis or, at the very least, what your expectations should be after a procedure! CQC - where are you! You really should witness and report on what is actually happening at this hospital.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Liz Tomlinson gave Cancer Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast care team

A huge thank you to the breast care surgeons, physicians, nurses and all of the other medical professionals who treated me. You have saved my life! I have been treated with great care and expertise. The L&D has become a second home to me this year.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Breast screening service

Breast screening at Baldock in mobile van.
Operator very heavy handed and rude. I have had orocewdure before and it wasn't painful.
Wouldn't recommend to family or friends.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 25 September 2017

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.

Lucy Pinto gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 26a

The staff were great from start to finish! Started off at the urgent GP and then quickly transferred to Ward 26a for my sons breathing problems. Can't recommend enough. Thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Anonymous gave Trauma and Orthopaedics at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Orthopaedic Centre Luton

Today i had an appointment at the above location at 10:15 (well I'm still there). I had to travel from my work place around 30' and arrived promptly at 10:00. I took 2 hours off my job which im going to cover either by skipping my launch time or staying late. Initially i was delayed 1 hour then 1 more, now i learned that i need 1 more hour. My question is simple, why non one informed me to cancel this appointment? Why there is no communication between doctors-admin patients? Who is going to pay my parking or my working hours? Why you are not a professional organization?

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017