Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Ian gave Urology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

One stop urology

Yesterday I attended the urology clinic and as on other occasions I was treaded well by all the staff so please pass on my thanks.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 07 March 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ward 34

Had an operation last night, the staff were extremely helpful, I had all I needed and felt very reassured they let my partner stay with me at all times and my mother, I stayed the night and the next morning came home was so happy with the procedure and staff I was looked after very well although ward 34 was great I cannot say too much for A&E but I guess that's because they are rushed off their feet.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

KayleighAnn gave Maternity services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity induction

I have had a baby here before and had a good experience . I was induced then. I am now here being induced for my second and I cannot reccomend the l&d enough , the midwifes and nurses are so kind . Always checking up on us , going the extra mile to make us feel safe and secure all knowing we are all about to go through labour . I would never get this level of care at Bedford hospital . The midwifes respect my dignity and my personal choices. I feel comfortable here and they have made me feel like having a baby isn't so bad . I feel I can confide in the staff and they are very reassuring and they make sure they give everyone of there patients 110% care . I haven't even given birth yet ! Fantastic L&d!!! Thankyou so much

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class treatment

Since November 2016, my husband was under the Cardology Dept. From the very start of his treatment, he was kept up to date with everything from any results he was getting. He was also referred to the Respitory Dept.He was seen very promtely and all the results were giving in great detail, and any questions were always answered.
The end results was for my husband to have a stent . The treatment he received was excellent, all members of staff were fantastic.
All these staff work very hard, long hours and are still very pleasant.
I don't think this hospital or the staff get appreciated enough, they are very dedicated people.
I would recommend this hospital to everyone.
Well done to all who work there.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Midwife feedback

I had my baby boy at the l & d and such a wonderful labpur experience. All thanks to the midwife on labour and delivery. They were so reassuring and helpful . They stayed with us the whole time , and was so friendly and caring . And quite funny too . I was so scared of going into labour. And they made me feel very calm and I had a very very calm labour . To the point I would do it all over again . Baby had to go to NICU in the end just as a precaution. They hugged me like a friend would and told me thinks would pick up . All midwifes should be just like them. They were awesome thank you!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

Norman Aubrey gave Rheumatology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Rheumatology Department

Being in a great deal of pain, I was referred to the Rheumatology Department. An appointment arrived, unfortunately for the day designated by Moorfields Eye Hospital for my corneal graft. After explaining this to the clerk on the 01582 561385 number,the appointment was very kindly and efficiently transferred to an earlier date.
Reception was very efficient and I was seen on time. The Consultant was a pleasure to talk to, friendly and thorough, explaining everything as they went through their examination. Polymyalgia was diagnosed and treatment recommend which was entirely effective.
A follow up letter arrived with a date for a future appointment.
The whole experience was excellent, efficient and reassuring. With hospitals receiving so much criticism, I felt I had to say how pleased and impressed I was with the performance of this department.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

Was in A&E this week, every member of staff I came into contact with were professional, caring, and helpful. No complaints

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 February 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Mike reviewed Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Chiltern resturant

Just had food at chiltern restaurant ... £3:29 for one sausage 2 tomatoes (with juice)1 slice of cold cardboard bacon and a spoon of egg that looked and tasted like a bad porridge... DIstgusting.... advise new chef and better ingredients . When you've been here for 3 days straight a bit more quality is due... machines empty and not working ...

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

My husbands time in hospital was brilliant

My husband had an accident while at work on Monday and I just want to praise the hospital for the way he has been treated and looked after. A&E first was brilliant very quick with dealing with him, how quick orthopaedic doctor came to assess and explained what they was going to do in great detail, then on ward 23 the staff have been absolutely brilliant, in my eyes they don't get enough credit, they don't stop their whole shift. The staff in theatre both times was brilliant aswell. So a big massive thank you to everyone who treated and cared for him through his stay.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 24 February 2017

Jackie Burdock gave General Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Keyhole surgery

A huge thank you to Reception staff on arrival,, caring nurses and surgeon who efficiently briefed me on the procedure and respectfully answered all my queries. The short stay after care ward staff were great and so welcoming. Thank you once again , you all were great.πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
Mrs J. A Burdock