Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Corydory reviewed Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Great service from nhs11

Trouble breathing with chest infection the paramedics were fantastic and did everything possible and were very helpful and and did all they could

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 01 January 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 04 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Krzysz gave General Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience with hernia repair

My surgeon was very thorough and at the last minute discovered a hitherto undiagnosed weakness, which gave me the opportunity to have several repairs (three) in one procedure. I felt I was treated in a professional, but respectful and friendly way, not only by the surgeon, but by my anaesthetistand by all the many nurses I had contact with, particularly in the recovery area. My pain upon waking was dealt with promptly and I was closely monitored. I had similar caring treatment back on the ward prior to discharge, much appreciated as I had nausea sufficiently badly to delay my departure by a couple of hours. All in all, it was the best experience I could have asked for. I was reassured and felt I had been in good hands.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have received excellent care in both A&E and the Ambulancery Dept today over 7 hrs. The A&E was busy as was the other Dept but every HCA, Nurse, and Dr were fantastic. Their dedication takes my breath away. Thank you all.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Ticked off gave General Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Pharmacy is a nightmare

Please do not mislead patients by telling them they are being discharged and then leave them waiting over three hours for medication from the pharmacy. I am sure that staff are well aware of this problem but do not inform their patients of this even when asked. I enquired after a 45 minute wait (had arranged my lift home) and was informed that they would be brought to me as soon as they were delivered. I thought I heard a staff member laugh as I walked away and with hindsight I now think that they did and that they were fully aware that my wait would be much longer, in fact it was over three hours and only then when I visited the pharmacy myself and asked if it was ready. I was left fuming with rage on behalf of the family member who had sat in and paid for over 4 hours parking. There are major problems with your pharmacy 'service' - the solution would be to issue a prescription that could be filled at any chemist and stop this bed blocking caused by patients waiting for a prescription.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 14 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast cancer care

From my initial diagnosis to the hospital at home care, my experience at L&D was amazing. The doctor was kind and instilled confidence from the outset. I was kept fully informed and consulted through the process by the member of staff, from the breast team. Any concerns and questions were handled well. I am grateful for everything. Thank you l&d and God bless the NHS

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 January 2017

Anonymous gave Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 2 stars

poor interaction

My elderly father has been in hospital for two weeks.He has dementia and his appetite has been poor.No one seems to encourage eating - the tray is taken away.After 9 days of this I requested liquid food drinks similar to Complan.This has not happened.I have requested to talk to a doctor about his prognosis - this has not happened.His urine bag and flipflow should be changed every week - this eventually happened after my complaints.I could go on.I fear for elderly patients who have no family to follow up issues. Staff were kind but not very visible.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 19 December 2016

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.

Very professional and caring

I would like to express our appreciation of the A&E department. Waiting time was good and my father in law was treated very professionally. Special thanks to a member of staff in A&E, who helped us professionally and very caring. I totally changed my opinion of NHS. There are people out there who care. Thanks once again.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 17 December 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 19 December 2016

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Very slow discharge

At 9:30am child on hedgehog ward told he can go home just needs meds from hospital pharmacy. Can't pick them up so have to wait to get them delivered to the ward. It's 13:52 and we are still on the ward, taking up a bed, waiting for meds. Child just wants to go home. I've spoken to nurses, nothing we can do. Apparently can take up to 6 hrs waiting for the pharmacy. I thought the nhs didn't have enough beds and wanted to discharge people quickly?

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 21 December 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 04 January 2017

We are concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

Selena Hamer gave General Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

Hello I came to the hospital on the 29th December 2016 for planed day surgery on my ear I can not fault the care I received while I was there it was first class service right from the warm extremely friendly service i got when I came in to serigal arrivals the receptionist was so lovely and took time in taking me to where I needed to be when I arrived at the short stay surgery ward I received excellent care and the most friendliest care from all the staff especially from one of the ward staff who took all my details and was so lovely so please thank them from me, they made me so happy and relaxed as did the assistant who was with me during my surgery, also so lovely and took my mind off everything even when I was having the local anistet, so lovely chatting to me through the whole operation and the care I received after my surgery was excellent so thank you to all involved

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Gerald Iliffe gave Cardiology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

To All Medical Staff

To all medical staff, on December 28th my granddaughters from Canada were on a seasonal visit to me when they found me in bed having suffered a heart attack in the night. They called emergency services and very soon paramedics arrived and I was taken by ambulance to your hospital. First to an appropriate ward and then to ward 14, section E. I cannot find words to thank you all enough for the wonderful treatment I received. From Ambulance crew, Doctors, Nurses and all other medical staff, not forgetting catering staff at a special time of the year. I was able to be taken home on 30th of December. Thank you all once again. Sincerely yours, Gerald Iliffe

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 09 January 2017