Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Carl gave General Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Enjoyable experience

went to A&E got admitted to SAU, operated on within my first hour and half entering hospital... Now that is quick. Spent next 4days on ward 20 recovering, all nurses,and staff spoke politely with please and thankyous..... Even to the most awkward of patients that was floating around.... I can only say that my visit has total opened my eyes to the shit the hospital staff put up with, yet they do it day after day...... Well done and keep up the good work

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 19 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Ishaq gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Really grateful to the A&E crew

Had an accident on the motorway,taken to this hospital, i found everyone concerned about my well being. Want return the shirt they privided me with something more but dont know what can i do for those peopel. Thanks, you are not one of those who hiding whole day behind the desks and desktops.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 19 September 2016

dennis humphreys gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

a@e addmisson

I had to call the paramedics out to my husband on Friday 9th September , he was taken to the hospital were he was admitted,he was kept in for 3 days,we would just like to say a very big thank you to all the doctors and nurses and the paramedics.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 19 September 2016

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E care

I cannot praise highly enough how efficient the service I recieved. I was seen very quickly by the assessment nurse who gave me an examination and said I didnt require an x-ray folowing injury. After a short wait I was then seen by the consultant who diagnosed my problem and administered antibiotics intravenously. I was then given up a follow up appointment with him the next day and reassured of my improvent. Just First Class .. great L&D Mike

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 16 September 2016

jway reviewed Luton and Dunstable Hospital

My visit to A & E

I had tripped during a visit to my village shop and received a nasty cut on my head. The shop staff felt it was serious enough to send me to A& E so they did. I eventually saw a doctor who dealt with the situation admirably and also noticed that I had a bruised finger. She arranged an Xray of the finger which wasn't broken and I expected to see her again afterwards. It seems that she had left for home. I wanted to thank her for her efforts so please could you arrange to pass my thanks to her. I didn't get her name but she had long light coloured hair. I had 7 stitches in a head wound and a bruised finger. In total we spent four hours in A & E which in all the circumstances didn't seem too bad.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 22 September 2016 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Anonymous reviewed Gynaecology at Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Went in to the A&E at 18:30 and it's 23:00 and no doctor yet

I step into the A&E at 18:30 and its 23:00 and we still waiting for the doctor. Only 1 doctor in to the ward 34. And he or she is downstairs into the A&E:))OMG. If you take a dog to the vets will be treated beter and quick. Don't come to L&D Hospital. Shame very shame. Last time when i pop in here.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 26 September 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

P Smith gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit T A&E 26/09/2016

My partner’s 87 year old mother was admitted to A&E via an ambulance. They did not have a bed so she had to wait in Minors. She suffers from Alzheimer’s and had a suspected broken arm and painful rib area. We waited, it was very busy. I went to reception to see if we could fast track her as she was very poorly and did not really understand what was going on. I spoke to a lovely member of staff who spoke to one of the Drs. This member of staff really made a difference in another 20 mins we were told to go direct to x-ray and then we had a diagnosis and treatment for her broken wrist and she was admitted. I would just like to praise the Emergency Dr for all the help and kindness they showed. The doctor went through the X-rays and explained everything to us in detail. I wish we had more Drs like this working for the NHS.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 27 September 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

poor communication between nursing staff and patients

although occupational and physio staff were brilliant in relation to motivation and communication with patients. Nursing staff appeared to only interact at medication times. On ward 18 I found the nursing staff in general unhelpful at meal times and toileting

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 21 September 2016

SophieHall gave Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Wonderful staff

Recently came in for a blood test. The nurse took my blood and was wonderful in dealing with my fear. The nurse was calm and kind and talked me through the whole thing, When I began to feel unwell they were quick to ensure I had everything I needed and was extremely patient with me. What an amazing member of staff you have.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Luton and Dunstable Hospital replied on 02 September 2016

Accident and emergency

Dismayed by the amount of people waiting but I was seen fairly promptly. Staff were excellent throughout my visit. Thank you

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016