Bristol Royal Infirmary

0117 923 0000 Marlborough Street , Bristol, Avon, BS2 8HW

Andy Finn gave Dermatology at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Clinic

Just a quick note, to say how warm, caring, considerate and understanding all the staff in the dermatology department are. I have been there on three occasions, and each time the clinical and admin staff couldn't do enough to help.
Special thank you to the skin cancer nurse specialist, they made me feel very at ease.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are so delighted to hear about the wonderful care and treatment that you recently received. We appreciate your feedback and your comments and hope you are well.

Wellzy04 gave Orthopaedics at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

Toilets

I am writing this review to say how ridiculous it is that the nearest toilet for 602 for visitors is by the main entrance.
Travelling from Southampton to Bristol and with my son having a condition he needs the toilet every 15-20 mins on occasions it was a massive inconvenience to be told he was not allowed to the patient toilet even as a patient myself.
Whilst I appreciate that this is to protect my son from germs etc but please make an effort to put in a toilet for visitors like Southmead and our local hospital do.
It meant that it was easier for us to decrease amount of time he was visiting to save my husband the stress of trying to help me and then mid way needing to take my son all the back to the entrance again.
It's infuriating!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 23 June 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are sorry to hear about this inconvenience and understand your frustrations. If you would like to talk to someone further about this please contact our patient complaints and support team. Their contact details can be found on this page: http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/support-for-patients/patient-support-and-complaints/
Thank you again for your comments.
UH Bristol.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

My visit was easy, fast and all questions were handled in a friendly and professional manner.
Went through minors and x-ray with no major hold ups.
The staff was fantastic !

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

let down twice

my partner was in a&e for over 5 hours, the waiting time was expected however he was meant to be referred for lithotripsy as he has two 7mm kidney stoones, its now been a month and i have been told on two different occasions by the urology dep that they have not had his referral come through, Ive since spoken to a&e with no luck and help as to why they did not send it over in the first instant and now they are still failing to send over the information meaning my partner and been waiting over a month with two kidney stones at 7mm that he can not pass this has left him out of work and in excruciating pain i am still on the phones to a&e trying to get an answer as to why they have not met procedures and if they do finally send over the referral when will his appointment with the urology dep be....my partner has felt very frustrated and let down at the way he has been treated in this situation

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 23 June 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have faced and we understand your frustration. Our patient complaints and support team can help you if you want to speak to someone about this. Please refer to the following page for information on how to contact them: http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/support-for-patients/patient-support-and-complaints/
UH Bristol.

Gemmajc55 gave Accident and emergency services at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff and treatment

I was admitted with chronic tonsilutis and scarlet fever. I was given a bed and seen by a consultant within an hour I was immediately put on to a drip for intrevenous fluids and antibiotics. I was given several options of food that would help me with my symptoms and I was consulted at every possible point. I was in a seperate room that was immaculate. I was offered drinks every hour and all meals. The nurses were fabulous, the health care assistant are wonderful and I'm so fortunate to be able to utilise this service. Just a small note, many if the brilliant staff are eu nationals and I hope WE are lucky enough for them to want to stay and continue to do these jobs.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are so delighted to hear about the wonderful care and treatment that you recently received. We appreciate your feedback and your comments and hope you are recovering well.

retrospek reviewed Bristol Royal Infirmary

Cancer Operation now cancelled on day 4 times !

I need your help - as I'm just not sure what to do about this anymore.
My Dad needs an operation to remove cancer from his Liver and his Bowel. He has been through a horrible period of Chemotherapy last year and was ready for the operation from I believe February/March this year. The first operation being on the Liver (the Bowel will be done afterwards)..
He lives in Bridgwater but is expected to attend the operation at the Bristol BRI hospital. He has to attend the hospital at 7am in the morning. This means we have to get up at 4am to get him ready and then drive him to the hospital. I have to take a day out of work and drive to Bridgwater to collect him and take him to the hospital - I live 2 hours away so this is a considerable round trip each time.
We have now attended the hospital 4 times (at 7am! ) for the operation. Each time we are told either a bed or doctor is not available to perform the cancer treatment. I think 4 times is completely unacceptable now and the pressure it is putting my Dad (and Mum) is having a considerable impact on his life.
How is it acceptable that my Dad is told not to eat or drink before the operation. He is expected to get up at 4am, He has to build himself up for the operation - and then he turns up at the hospital and is turned away 4 times!
We don't know what to do anymore as we just keep getting sent home. Bristol BRI are acting in a irresponsible way as they know the longer they delay the treatment the more the cancer will have grown back. It also questions what the point of the Chemo was last year if they are just going to allow the Tumor to grow back again.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 31 May 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your message. This is a matter that our patient support and complaints team will be able to help you with. Contact details are as follows:
By email: we have a dedicated email address to which you can send your enquiries, concerns or complaints: psct@uhbristol.nhs.uk
By telephone: please call 0117 342 1050 and speak to one of our friendly and helpful staff. A voicemail service is available outside of office hours and all calls are returned within a maximum of two working days; with the majority returned on the same day (with the exception of weekends and bank holidays)
Drop-in: we provide a "drop-in" service where you can call into our office and speak in person to one of the team. Our office is based inside the welcome centre inside the Bristol Royal Infirmary. This service is available from 9:00am until 4:00pm Monday to Thursday and from 9:00am until 3:30pm on Fridays.
By post: your letter should be addressed to Robert Woolley, Chief Executive, University Hospitals Bristol, Trust HQ, Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS1 3NU.

Please do contact them, we want to assure you that whatever happens, we will always do our best to put things right and, equally importantly, try to stop it from happening again.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Minor outpatient mole removal

Recently was an outpatient at the UHB Dermatology Dept.
A big thanks to all the staff there. Can't give anything but positives. Everything that we all value in the NHS.
All the staff seemed to be happy in their work which was really noticeable. Felt like I was in an environment of very professional, positive calm.
What a great, great service to be available to all of us in the community.
Really grateful to all the team there. Best wishes and thanks once again.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 06 June 2017

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Amazing staff and care

The staff from the highest rank consultant to the ground force staff treat you with dignity and respect. It's in icu and then on a ward, faultless experience.
Food however is horrendous, this really should be addressed in the icu, less is more, they provide too much choice, concentrate on less is more.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 06 June 2017

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are glad to hear about your feedback on our staff.
If you would like to contact our patient support and complaints team please call 0117 342 1050 or email psct@uhbristol.nhs.uk

Klara reviewed Accident and emergency services at Bristol Royal Infirmary

Paramedics were pure gold!

Big thank you to the paramedics who rescued me today, super nice, professional and effective! Thank you! Klara.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 06 April 2017

Hello there.
UH Bristol

Terry Huttlestone gave Head and neck cancer services at Bristol Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Great treatment and care

On all of my visits to see the doctor and their team, I have received nothing but excellent service and courtesy, allied with friendliness and good humour. These have made all my visit far more bearable under the circumstances, and I would have no trouble at all in recommending the BRI to anyone who is in any doubt at all about going into hospital. It is with my utmost thanks to them, that I am still alive today after suffering a Brain Tumour over 3 years ago, at which time I was given 6 months to live. Obviously it was not only the BRi that treated me, but it was all the same team, and they will always receive the greatest respect and thanks from me. Terry Huttlestone.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

Bristol Royal Infirmary replied on 21 April 2017

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are so delighted to hear about the wonderful care and treatment that you recently received. We appreciate your feedback and your comments and wish you a happy and healthy future.