Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Ian Richardson gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Outpatient visit for Endoscopy

II was referred to Blakelands Hospital as my local NHS Hospital (Northampton General) were unable to carry out the required procedure within the timescales stipulated. An appointment was offered on a date and time that suited me but this was then changed at a later date by the hospital as the theatre would be unavilable on that day. Although it was relitively short notice I accepted the new appointment time as I was keen to get the procedure carried out.
My appointment was for 14:40, but I was asked to arrive by 14:10 as there were papers etc to complete before my appointment. I arrived at 13:50 but wasn’t called for my appointment until 14:45, which meant I had to sit around for nearly an hour for seemingly no good reason. This would not be a problem if the reception area was a relaxing place to be but it isn’t, it is noisy, cramped, very hot and certainly not the place you want to be in, waiting for a procedure that you know you are not going to enjoy!
The actual procedure went as well as could be expected given the nature of it, and I was back in the recovery room about 10 minutes later. I opted not to have any sedation as this would have delayed my departure from the hospital by between 45 and 60 minutes, which having already been sitting around for nearly an hour I was not happy to do.
So, in summary, the procedure was fine (although I wouldn’t want to make a habit of having it done!), the staff were all very polite and efficient and the follow up telephone call this morning a nice touch. Overall I would be more than happy to recommend the hospital but be aware that you could spend some time hanging around for no apparent reason, which if you have to make up any time missed from work (I didn’t fortunately) could be itrritating. You may also want to take a pair of headphones with you to blank out the noise in the waiting room, although you will need to make it clear that they will have to come and collect you rather than simply shouting for you from the other side of the room.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 23 March 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback about your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I apologise that there was some waiting around prior to your appointment once you have completed your paperwork but I am pleased to hear your procedure went smoothly and that you would, in future, recommend us as a place to be treated.
Many thanks once again.

Ian Mclean gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best possible treatment by an exceptional tean

From the first out patient appointment, through my operation and all follow ups the entire team were most professional and filled me with confidence . A really super hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

Ian McLean gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Five star treatment

From initial consultation through theatre and to recovery, the best possible care I could hope for.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

Lyndsey witney gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit

Staff very friendly looked after me very well although it was a minor op. Hospital very clean and pleasant to be in .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 07 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that our staff looked after you well during your short time at Blakelands Hospital. We really appreciate patients giving us their feedback, so thank you.

Marketing Manager

Guy Greenhous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent NHS Colonoscopy

The care and attention that I received was quite exceptional, starting with the Care Assistant and running through to the Theatre team. Every little detail was worthy of praise, including the Receptionists dealing with the thoroughly disagreeable coffee vending machine for the benefit of my wife. I really cannot praise the procedure that I went through more highly. Everyone was totally efficient and incredibly friendly.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

Thank you so taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your time at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with us and I will make sure I pass your kind words onto the heads of departments in the hospital. We really do appreciate it when our patients take the time to comment on their experience.

Once again, thank you.

SheenaMac gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Felt safe and well looked after

I felt very involved and safe in their care. The team were welcoming and friendly and regularly checked on me and my well-being before and after my surgery. Followed this up with a courtesy call to check on me within 24 hours of discharge.
The team worked well together.
The process was very efficient and my appointments all ran to time.
Wish all NHS services operated this effectively and efficiently.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 15 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment regarding the care you received at Blakelands Hospital, we really appreciate when our patients do this. I am pleased to hear that you felt that you were well looked after and I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team here at the hospital.

Guy Greenhous gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent NHS colonoscopy

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for this kind review. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience at Blakelands and we are very pleased to hear you were pleased with your experience. Thank you once again.

Gary Armstrong gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my veiw of the said clinic

From my very appointment to my surgery the whole time has been second to none, this clinic is one of the most caring, friendliest places I've every had the pleasure of visiting, I would and already have recommended this place to one other person and I've only just had my op yesterday 09,02,17,
I am now waiting for my physiotherapy to start in 2 week, and I have already had a phone call from the hospital asking how I am and explaining where we go next and all about the follow up appointments.
This place I can only give 5 stars in every department.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review of Blakelands Hospital. The staff all work extremely hard to ensure each patient has a positive experience, and I am pleased to read you certainly did. I wish you a speedy recovery.

As the Marketing Manager here at Blakelands Hospital, I am very interested to hear from patients who want to talk about their experience in more detail. These patient testimonials are then added to our website to help other patients that are thinking of choosing us for their surgery, make a more informed decision. If you would like to give a testimonial, feel free to contact me on 01295 755064.

Many thanks once again,

Simon gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional, Efficient and Caring

2 Days prior to my procedure (Endoscopy) I received a reminder phone call and was advised to come in slightly earlier than the original appointment as there was only one procedure ahead of me. This was good news as I had a later social engagement so was keen to get away ASAP.

On arrival at the hospital I was seen through within just a few minutes, prepped and into theatre quickly and before the hour was up I was back in my car again.

The staff were friendly and efficient with plenty of communication and signposting given throughout.

My doctor was very professional and although they struggled with the nasal insertion (they advised my nasal passages were too narrow and it would be too painful, suggesting that they would need to go through the mouth) he agreed to my request to proceed anyway. Despite the pain this is my preferred option as it avoids the horrible gagging and likely need for sedation so his persistence was greatly appreciated. All in all the care provided by all members of the team was nothing short of fantastic.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 14 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your time at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear, although not a pleasant procedure, it was a positive experience in all. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Many thanks,

Craig Hough gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quick knee op

Being the 1st time I have had to have an operation I was naturally nervous, the staff and the overall environment in Blakelands hospital made me feel at ease throughout my brief visit there and I left feeling like I had been well taken care of and ready for recovery, thanks to all involved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 17 February 2017

Thank you Mr Hough for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear that our staff put you at ease and that you were happy with the level of care you received.