Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract operation

I really appreciated the care, efficiency and friendliness of the whole process of my cataract operation on 1 August.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 07 August 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 15 August 2016

We appreciate your time to comment on your care received at Blakelands Hospital and are so pleased to find that you found us to be caring, efficient and friendly - which is how we perceive ourselves and fantastic to have it proven!

We wish you continued recovery from your operation and wish you well for your next one.

Dave Boyle gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class health care

I had two Lipoma’s removed from my arm under a local anaesthetic at Blakelands. All relevant information was explained to me clearly beforehand, the hospital was spotlessly clean. All the staff that dealt with me were welcoming and respectful, the surgeon was down to earth and made sure I was comfortable during the procedure. The procedure itself was completely pain free and felt I was in expert hands. After the op I was checked over and given helpful information & pain relief to take home with me. A few days on and I’m healing up nicely, in no pain and very happy with the results.

Overall, everything from start to finish was dealt with in a very professional, caring and friendly manor. Many thanks to all the hard working staff at Blakelands for providing outstanding health care and treatment that exceeded my expectations.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for your kind comments regarding Blakelands Hospital.
We strive to provide a calm caring environment in a busy hospital, this helps recovery for patients following any treatment or procedure that they may have to have, in sometimes very stressful moments of their lives.
It is really good to hear your experience was so positive, it enables our staff to see that their actions and efforts work.
We hope your recovery continues to do well.

Mark Oughton gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very positive experience.

After a number of years with stomach trouble, my GP and I agreed further investigation would be a good idea. They suggested Blakelands Hospital to speed the process. I found the hospital to be very welcoming both for the pre-op and day of investigation The nurses were kindness personified and the consultant very confidence inspiring. I won't pretend the procedure was pleasant but I did feel cared for and, fortunately for me, nothing sinister was found. I can confidently say, if I need any other investigations, I would be happy to return here.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sigmoidoscopy

Impressive level of care, from the information provided in advance, through the medical procedure itself and all the way until discharge. Exceptional.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review regarding Blakelands Hospital. I'm glad to read that our staff looked after you well. I will share your compliments with our Heads of Department to pass onto their teams.

Kind regards, Harriet Canavan, Marketing Manager

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Making bookings

What a joke was given a list of choices by go to make appointment for urgent endoscopy called you was given an appointment for a weeks time only to find out next day you had cancelled it as didn't like my medical history and to top it of you had closed my booking telling me to go back to GP this has just wasted time in me getting test done which is marked urgent maybe you shouldn't be offering your services to NHS patients I'm very upset over this

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

Thank you for your time to enter a comment regarding our services. I would be most grateful if you could contact me so that I can look into your problem.
Please telephone 01908 334248 to discuss the service you felt was unacceptable and we can investigate the points you have raised.

Lyn Price gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on 10th May 2016. I would like to thank the staff who went above and beyond what was necessary as I'd got my dates mixed up. The procedure was smooth, the staff were professional and caring. I would recommend Blakelands to everyone. Terrific.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 May 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 16 May 2016

Dear Patient, we are very glad you found your experience of Blakelands Hospital to be excellent. Our staff strive to ensure everyone who uses us feels cared for.
Thank you for your kind comments.

Liz T gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appointment cancelled within 24 hours of being made

I was offered an appointment and given a choice of dates and times and was able to choose one which suited me well. However, within 24 hours of the appointment being made it was cancelled. The consultant informed the booking office with very short notice that they were not available that day to do the procedure. I was offered a choice of appointments a couple of weeks later to re-book.
This is hugely frustrating as I work as an NHS Physio and had already cancelled my patients for the day, and this cancelling and re-booking has had an unwanted effect on the services I provide and made extra work for the already stretched admin team. This type of short notice cancellation would harm those who are self employed greatly and really should be avoided.
Though I did not visit the hospital my experience has been frustrating and disappointing.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 13 June 2016

Dear Patient
Please accept our sincere apologies. Unfortunately the Anaesthetist that was scheduled to attend Blakelands Hospital that day became unavailable at the last minute and we apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you, however it would have been unsafe to proceed without the correct clinical cover.
Please can we arrange to discuss and rebook your appointment at a time convenient to yourself, if you would care to contact 01908 334204, we will ensure that you are able to come at a time and date that is easier for you.
Thank you for your comment.

silverst gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

VERY GOOD DAY

Brilliant service from start to finish, will come here again

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 14 April 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 18 April 2016

All the staff here at Blakelands are very pleased that you had a good experience. Thank you for your comments.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

treatmant and staff cant fault BUT

Had shoulder surgery arrivedcall went well the staff were lovely everyone really helpful. Until.after the 10day physio appt tunrned nto 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Got fed up chasing up physio if your.surgery.requires physio i wouldnt bother. i just seem tomchase up appointments for physio then accidently get discharged. I find it despite doing exercises at home 4 times a day its a waste of the myntime and surgeons time for a procedure to work you need to have the physio to make it better you dontbget the right physio the surgery.wont.work.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to enter a comment on our service. I would be grateful if you could contact us so that we can investigate your physiotherapy issue. The contact number is 0843 658 5313.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Colonoscopy

The staff were all very professional and the facilities clean. Information was provided quickly and clearly to me. The problem is that, as an NHS patient, when cancer was found I was at a disadvantage on returning to the NHS hospital and my waiting time became longer as a result and I missed out on support. Thus, treatment was delayed and I was left isolated with no support.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

Dear patient, thank you for your time spent placing a comment on this website. I would be most grateful if you could call 0843 658 5313 so that we can investigate your NHS Hospital pathway following your diagnosis.