Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dreaded gastroscopy made so much easier!

I would like to say how wonderful this hospital is. I needed a second gastroscopy and following a bad experience at another hospital I turned up feeling very anxious and stressed. As soon as I arrived the receptionists were very welcoming and reassuring and made an effort to explain to the nurses how worried I was before I went in. They kept me company until I was called through. When I was called through a lovely nurse came and sat with me in reception before taking me through to do obs and book me in. Unfortunately morning surgery had run over so i had to wait around making me more nervous. The nurses were amazing at reassuring me and keeping me distracted. Even the matron was sat with me for a long time talking to me. You have 1-1 nurse care through out the process from start to finish which helps a lot as they aren't needing to rush away to do other things. You are their priority. They were all great at communicating with my partner and allowed him to be with me 80% of the time I was there. The gastroscopy itself was unpleasant but they were very quick and it was over with in minutes. I spent a little time in recovery due to sedation but then was quickly moved to discharge. They aren't pushing you out the door, you leave when you feel comfortable and ready. Thank you all so much for helping me to get through such a difficult and stressful process that I had been fretting about and dreading for months!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 December 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide fabulous feedback following your visit to Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear you were reassured throughout your time at the Hospital, apologies for the slight delay however. I’ll certainly pass on your message to all of the great staff we have here at Blakelands Hospital.

Best wishes

JanieB gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS outsourced

Was booked in for routine colonoscopy outsourced from my usual N.H.S hospital. Bowel prep arrived well in advance of procedure. Twice in my case as first appointment was cancelled last minute . These things happen and my appointment was re-booked efficiently. Nursing staff were lovely. During the whole experience I felt as if I mattered. Nice touch was courtesy phone call next day. Thank you all.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the service that Blakelands Hospital offers. I am sorry to hear that your initial appointment was cancelled, but pleased to see it was efficiently re-booked for you. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the nursing team as they work extremely hard to ensure every patients experience is a positive one.

Harriet Canavan
Marketing & PR Executive.

Kerrie gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Hospital

I have only praise for this hospital and all the staff I encountered before, during and after my foot operation. I have to have the same operation on my other foot, and can say I have every confidence returning to Blakelands. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 09 November 2016

Dear Patient, thank you for your kind comments about the care you have received at Blakelands Hospital, we try very hard to ensure that your treatment and care is what we would provide for our own families and loved ones. It is not the most pleasant of things to have to come into hospital, but we would like patients and their families to feel comfortable.

Blakelands Hospital Team.

Andrew Parry gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy

I can't praise Blakelands hospital enough, this was my second endoscopy there in 4yrs the staff are very professional caring and can't do enough for you they put you at ease for what is an uncomfortable procedure. The surgeon comes and explains what is going to happen, then afterwards tells you the result which puts your mind at rest. I wouldn't hesitate to come back to Blakelands thank you.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 09 November 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review of Blakelands Hospital. We are very grateful that you have taken the time to let us know of your experience.

Harriet Canavan, Marketing Manager here at Blakelands Hospital is always very interested to hear from patients who want to talk about their experience in more detail. These patient testimonials are then added to our website to help other patients that are thinking of choosing us for their surgery, make a more informed decision. Should you wish to give a testimonial, please contact her on 01295 755064.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Finger surgery

I only had a minor procedure and my treatment was first class. The staff were caring and friendly. I had a slight concern with my dressing two days later and i phoned the hospital. There was no hesitation on seeing me that same afternoon. I would certainly recommend this hospital. Thank you to all the staff who took care of me.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 25 November 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you so much for leaving a review regarding the care you received at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after by our team and that you would recommend us. I will make sure the team see your kind words.

Best wishes,

Karen gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

My experience here was absolutely fantastic. Everybody was very friendly, helpful and took great care looking after me. I would recommend Blakelands to everybody.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review of Blakelands Hospital. We are very grateful that you have taken the time to let us know of your experience at the unit and I will be sure to share this with our team.

Best wishes

Gemma Floyd gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gastroscopy - excellent service

One word Excellent!!! From the receptionist, to the amazing nurses and an even better doctor. The producdure was uncomfortable but everyone there made it bare able. Fantastic service from everyone involved, I would highly recommend this hospital and certainly wouldn't be put off to go back and have the same procedure done again. Thank you Blakelands for making me feel so at ease and getting the procedure done without me being nervous and causing a fuss.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 06 October 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your positive review regarding the care you received at Blakelands Hospital - I will be sure to share this with the team. Thank you once again for your recommendation and I am pleased to hear you would be happy to return.

Best wishes,

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Appointment for colonoscopy today. Received phone call yesterday confirming arrival time and was asked if medication process was going accordingly. On arrival at hospital I was greeted with a smile and then received excellent care from nursing staff. Doctor carrying out procedure came to see me and explained everything. I was given plenty of opportunity to ask questions beforehand. I chose sedation as I had previously found the procedure very uncomfortable. There is still some discomfort but sedation made it more bearable. Theatre staff and doctor were very reassuring and put me at ease. I spent some time resting afterwards, given tea and biscuits, before I was allowed to leave. No complaints and would definitely recommend.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 31 October 2016

Dear Patient, we are very pleased that you had a positive experience with us for quite and uncomfortable procedure. We work very hard to ensure that patients are treated with dignity and respect and receive the best care possible. Your comments are very gratefully received and will be shared with the endoscopy team.
Best Wishes
Blakelands Hospital Team.

Martin Bishop gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gastroscopy visit.

I had to visit the Surgery for the above procedure on Thursday and felt I needed to write the following comments regarding my visit.Firstly,the place was immaculate,I found the staff very friendly.The check in was very thorough.Whilst the the procedure was uncomfortable ,the doctor was fantastic and kept me informed throughout ,all the nurses were friendly ,kind and respectful.I am not normally somebody that reviews anything ,but felt very strongly that I should ,as the NHS gets a lot of bad press.Thankyou.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 16 September 2016

Dear Patient,
Thank you for your comments regarding your treatment at Blakelands Hospital, we do our best to look after the patients that come to us and provide a caring and positive environment for diagnosis, treatments and procedures and recuperation. As an independent Provider working with the NHS I am sure that your comments are well received by our staff and our NHS colleagues.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Gastroscopy

GP referred and had appt in August. Had about hour wait as notes lost. Saw Dr who said I wasn't having procedure that day despite GP doing direct to test. At 4pm on 22/09 received voice message to asking okay to attend next day for gastroscopy. Called back advised I was unaware of appt and was just asked if I was coming I confirmed inwould attend. On the spoke with 2 nurses and reiterated sedation as had severe gag reflex. Cannulated, doctor came in procedure started I was gagging vomiting hands were held down to stop me getting to tube. . No stopping to top up sedation or respect for me as a patient just get the procedure over with. Whatever the sedation meds used had absolutely no effect at all and to continue knowing that patient was struggling is hideous! Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 25 September 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 28 September 2016

Dear Patient.

I apologise for the experience that you have had at Blakelands Hospital. I can assure you that I take all complaints of this nature very seriously and I will be conducting a full investigation into this incident.

Please would you be so kind to provide me with your details so i can share my findings with you. My email address is David.Munt@ramsayhealth.co.uk