Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Sigmoidoscopy

Impressive level of care, from the information provided in advance, through the medical procedure itself and all the way until discharge. Exceptional.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Making bookings

What a joke was given a list of choices by go to make appointment for urgent endoscopy called you was given an appointment for a weeks time only to find out next day you had cancelled it as didn't like my medical history and to top it of you had closed my booking telling me to go back to GP this has just wasted time in me getting test done which is marked urgent maybe you shouldn't be offering your services to NHS patients I'm very upset over this

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

Thank you for your time to enter a comment regarding our services. I would be most grateful if you could contact me so that I can look into your problem.
Please telephone 01908 334248 to discuss the service you felt was unacceptable and we can investigate the points you have raised.

Lyn Price gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

I had a colonoscopy on 10th May 2016. I would like to thank the staff who went above and beyond what was necessary as I'd got my dates mixed up. The procedure was smooth, the staff were professional and caring. I would recommend Blakelands to everyone. Terrific.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 14 May 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 16 May 2016

Dear Patient, we are very glad you found your experience of Blakelands Hospital to be excellent. Our staff strive to ensure everyone who uses us feels cared for.
Thank you for your kind comments.

Liz T gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appointment cancelled within 24 hours of being made

I was offered an appointment and given a choice of dates and times and was able to choose one which suited me well. However, within 24 hours of the appointment being made it was cancelled. The consultant informed the booking office with very short notice that they were not available that day to do the procedure. I was offered a choice of appointments a couple of weeks later to re-book.
This is hugely frustrating as I work as an NHS Physio and had already cancelled my patients for the day, and this cancelling and re-booking has had an unwanted effect on the services I provide and made extra work for the already stretched admin team. This type of short notice cancellation would harm those who are self employed greatly and really should be avoided.
Though I did not visit the hospital my experience has been frustrating and disappointing.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 02 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 13 June 2016

Dear Patient
Please accept our sincere apologies. Unfortunately the Anaesthetist that was scheduled to attend Blakelands Hospital that day became unavailable at the last minute and we apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you, however it would have been unsafe to proceed without the correct clinical cover.
Please can we arrange to discuss and rebook your appointment at a time convenient to yourself, if you would care to contact 01908 334204, we will ensure that you are able to come at a time and date that is easier for you.
Thank you for your comment.

silverst gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

VERY GOOD DAY

Brilliant service from start to finish, will come here again

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 14 April 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 18 April 2016

All the staff here at Blakelands are very pleased that you had a good experience. Thank you for your comments.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

treatmant and staff cant fault BUT

Had shoulder surgery arrivedcall went well the staff were lovely everyone really helpful. Until.after the 10day physio appt tunrned nto 2 and a half to 3 weeks. Got fed up chasing up physio if your.surgery.requires physio i wouldnt bother. i just seem tomchase up appointments for physio then accidently get discharged. I find it despite doing exercises at home 4 times a day its a waste of the myntime and surgeons time for a procedure to work you need to have the physio to make it better you dontbget the right physio the surgery.wont.work.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 16 June 2016

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to enter a comment on our service. I would be grateful if you could contact us so that we can investigate your physiotherapy issue. The contact number is 0843 658 5313.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Colonoscopy

The staff were all very professional and the facilities clean. Information was provided quickly and clearly to me. The problem is that, as an NHS patient, when cancer was found I was at a disadvantage on returning to the NHS hospital and my waiting time became longer as a result and I missed out on support. Thus, treatment was delayed and I was left isolated with no support.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 14 June 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

Dear patient, thank you for your time spent placing a comment on this website. I would be most grateful if you could call 0843 658 5313 so that we can investigate your NHS Hospital pathway following your diagnosis.

Endoscopy

Went to blakelands for endoscopy the staff were very good and expainind everything to me when I went in to theatre the consultant endoscopistalso explained in detail wot was going to happen and reassured me all the way through to procedure I didn't have sedation and was fine they were all excellent staff and many thanks to them all Susan panter

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 16 December 2015

Blakelands Hospital replied on 29 January 2016

Thank you for your response and I am pleased you enjoyed your experience. David Munt, General Manager

FIRST CLASS SERVICE

I had a gastroscopy today at this Hospital, staff are faultless, explained everything in clear detail and offered choices, i.e. with/without sedation. Due to equipment shortage (not their fault) was offered the latest gastroscopy by nasal passage and although the procedure is a little alarming and quite uncomfortable was totally reassured by the manner of all the staff involved. I did wait quite a while for procedure to be done but felt at the end of the procedure that I had made correct decision. I was also told the result by the surgeon carrying out the procedure on the day which was very comforting.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 30 November 2015

Blakelands Hospital replied on 29 January 2016

Many thanks for your feedback. I apologise for the time delay in a response, and more so for the delay. We have revised the service during this time.
David Munt

LaineyD gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract removal

My 1st visit to Blakelands Hospital was at the end is September. From the moment I arrived to see the consultant for Cateract operations on both the left and right eye, from the Receptionist all through each and everybody, nurses and all other staff were 100% caring and made me feel relaxed. A special thanks to the consultant who has made my sight return to near perfect. I can now continue working at the age of 62.
I would highly recommend Blakelands Hospital.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 08 December 2015

Blakelands Hospital replied on 29 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this feedback and I am pleased to hear that you are pleased with the service. Regards David Munt, General Manager