Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Leonard Thompson gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

hernia opperation

from start to finish everything was very excellent surgeon was very confident but all the nurses was wonderful anaesthetist was wonderful very attentive even after the operation.
A special thank you to the nurse after the operation very attentive and caring thank you very much.

Would recommend anyone to go to blakelands

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 04 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time at Blakelands Hospital. This is very much appreciated. I am pleased to hear that you felt well looked after and that you would recommend our services to other. Many thanks once again.

Jackie Butler gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ganglion removal

This is the second time I have had a procedure at Blakelands Hospital, and I am very Happy to say with the same consultant who operated on me. From the moment I was taken through to the cubicle to change and have my blood pressure monitored the nurses were very friendly and welcoming. They explain what will happen and how long it all should take. When I was taken in for the procedure the nurse that scrubbed up to help the surgeon was reassuring and friendly and most of all gentle. The very pleasant surgeon spoke through out the procedure to me explaining and I could watch if I wanted. After I was taken to the recovery cubicle and given a lovely cup of tea and biscuits by another very pleasant and caring nurse who is brilliant. I would like to give a very special thank you to all the nurses on the day who made the procedure much more relaxing. And last but not least the brilliant consultant/surgeon who I have every faith in :) I wish I could name them & the nurses as they deserve the credit for their hard work and attitude

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 13 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of your time at Blakelands Hospital. Our staff will be delighted to read that you had a positive experience on your second visit to the unit. We really appreciate when patients take the time to feedback after having procedures, so thank you. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Barbara Gadella gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Surgery

All staff I met were friendly and polite. Their explanations of procedures helped me relax and their care pre and post operation is faultless. Definitely recommend this Hospital

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 11 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your experience of Blakelands Hospital. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the care you received. Thanks again and we wish you a speedy recovery.

Marketing Manager at Blakelands Hospital

Alfie gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

I was asked by Northampton general hospital if I would mind attending Blakelands hospital for my examination. I had not heard of the hospital, but decided to attend.

I was given extensive information in the post prior t the appointment, and also received a phone the day before call to confirm what time I needed to attend.

Upon arrival at the hospital, I found ample parking, which was also free. Inside the waiting area, I was greeted courteously by a pleasant receptionist. The area was spotless with comfortable seating and the availability to help yourself to free hot and cols drinks. It was a hot day and fans were in place to keep the waiting area cool.

I did not have to wait long to be called for my examination. The treatment that I was receiving was invasive and personal and I was concerned that I may feel embarrassed, but this was not the case. Again, I could not have asked for a more pleasant medical team. The procedure was explained to me in detail and I was given boxer shorts with an opening at the back to preserve my modest during the procedure.

The doctor spoke to me all through the procedure explaining what the doctor was doing and I was allowed to watch the internal process on a monitor as thery probed into my colon. The whole experience was very informative and fascinating to watch. My modesty remained in tact and I was completely at ease.

When the procedure was complete, I was advised to get dressed. The very pleasant nurse asked me if I would like a drink, and when I emerged from the cubicle I was presented with a lovely cup of much needed tea in a cup and saucer.

The follow on procedure was explained to me before I left the hospital and I received a phone call the following day to make sure that I was fine.

If I had paid privately, I could not have received better care.

Thank you to all of the Staff, I would highly recommend this hospital

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and kind review of your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I am delighted to hear that our wonderful staff looked after you well throughout your time at the unit and that you were pleased with the care you received. I will be sure to pass this onto our heads of departments to share with their staff as they always like to see positive patient feedback.

Marketing Manager at Blakelands Hospital

Vanessa heesom gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service and care

Administration process from first visit was thorough and well planned. The hospital is spotless and staff very well presented. All appointments ran to schedule. On the day of the procedure I felt as though I was the only patient there (I was not), I was not waiting around for doctors, anaesthetist etc.. the process was like clockwork, although far from impersonal. The recovery nurse even came to say hello, tell me that they would be there when I wake and to ask me what sort of music I would like in the recovery room! After the procedure I was monitored constantly throughout recovery, not lying in a cubicle wondering how things went or what was next. I was then transferred to a seating bay with a reclining chair and given a lovely cuppa and biscuits. I was still in pain so the anaethnetist discussed the options as the consultant was then performing another procedure. We agreed on another nerve block which would heed to be administered by the consultant. The anaethnetist and the nurse told me how long the consultant would be and checked if that was ok with me. I was kept updated throughout. After a couple of additional teas, the consultant administered the block and explained why I was still experiencing pain and when it would subside. It did! The discharge nurse went through the post operative instructions with me and I went home refreshed and comfortable. Although the process was simulator to those in larger hospitals the service, attentiveness and care was far superior. All the staff I encountered had a smile and a few words. They were friendly and jovial but very professional. I really hope I don't need additional procedures but if I did I would be extremely happy to return to Blakelands. Thank you so much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you very much for this lovely review of your experience at Blakelands Hospital. All the staff really appreciate patients taking the time to leave feedback. I am delighted to hear that you your procedure went smoothly and that you felt the process worked well. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto our head of departments to share with their staff.

Harriet Canavan

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Morning appointment for Barrett's Aesophagus Gastroscopy

The Reception area was comfortable and relaxed.
I was taken to a cubicle on time by a friendly nurse.
My name, date of birth and address were checked
Questions on my current health, medication, any metal in my body and my general attitude to the procedure were asked.
My blood pressure, temperature and heart rate were taken.
The procedure was explained.
I was given a clean gown.
I was taken to another area where another nurse checked my name and date of birth.
The information sheet I had filled in and Consent Form were checked.
An identification wrist band was put on my arm.
The consultant introduced themselves and checked my name and date of birth. Their manner was reassuring and made me feel relaxed.
They explained the procedure and the Consent Form which I then signed..
I was taken to the theatre and the consultant introduced the two nurses who were very pleasant and relaxed.
A spray was applied to my throat and I lay on my side.
The equipment was inserted in my mouth and throat and the procedure began.
One nurse kept clearing my mouth and I felt calm throughout.
The consultant carried out the procedure helped by the other nurse in a very efficient and professional manner.
Biopsys were taken carefully.
When the procedure was completed I was immediately informed of their findings subject to the biopsy results which was very reassuring.
I was taken to a cubicle, given water, and allowed to recover.
My blood pressure and heart rate were checked.
I was provided with the paper report on the result of the procedure with information sheets and advice leaflets on Barrett's and acid reflux
A letter was provided for me to give to my doctor and I was told to make an appointment with my doctor in approximately 4 weeks for the results of the biopsy's.
Overall Blakelands Hospital were first class in their treatment of me in every way.
They made, what for me was a daunting experience, very comfortable and reassuring. Well Done!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 28 May 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed account of your time at Blakelands Hospital. I am sure other future patients will benefit from you review in regards to what to expect from their procedure at Blakelands Hospital. I am delighted to hear that our staff made you feel assured and comfortable throughout and made your experience positive.

Colin gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Operation for mortons neuroma

The nursing team at the hospital were great, very very helpful and really friendly. All the staff were great, they worked together well also. The only downside is the waiting time! I from start to being operated on took over 6 months. Apart from that would definitely recommend this hospital. :) would you thank the staff and surgeon for me. Especially a particular nurse.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 02 May 2017

Thank you very much for leaving a review of Blakelands Hospital following your operation. I am pleased to hear that all the staff looked after you well. I am sorry to hear that on this occasion our usually short wait times were longer than normal, but I am delighted to hear that you would recommend our services to others. Thank you again for taking the time to comment about your experience.

Marketing Manager

Ian Richardson gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Outpatient visit for Endoscopy

II was referred to Blakelands Hospital as my local NHS Hospital (Northampton General) were unable to carry out the required procedure within the timescales stipulated. An appointment was offered on a date and time that suited me but this was then changed at a later date by the hospital as the theatre would be unavilable on that day. Although it was relitively short notice I accepted the new appointment time as I was keen to get the procedure carried out.
My appointment was for 14:40, but I was asked to arrive by 14:10 as there were papers etc to complete before my appointment. I arrived at 13:50 but wasn’t called for my appointment until 14:45, which meant I had to sit around for nearly an hour for seemingly no good reason. This would not be a problem if the reception area was a relaxing place to be but it isn’t, it is noisy, cramped, very hot and certainly not the place you want to be in, waiting for a procedure that you know you are not going to enjoy!
The actual procedure went as well as could be expected given the nature of it, and I was back in the recovery room about 10 minutes later. I opted not to have any sedation as this would have delayed my departure from the hospital by between 45 and 60 minutes, which having already been sitting around for nearly an hour I was not happy to do.
So, in summary, the procedure was fine (although I wouldn’t want to make a habit of having it done!), the staff were all very polite and efficient and the follow up telephone call this morning a nice touch. Overall I would be more than happy to recommend the hospital but be aware that you could spend some time hanging around for no apparent reason, which if you have to make up any time missed from work (I didn’t fortunately) could be itrritating. You may also want to take a pair of headphones with you to blank out the noise in the waiting room, although you will need to make it clear that they will have to come and collect you rather than simply shouting for you from the other side of the room.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 23 March 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback about your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I apologise that there was some waiting around prior to your appointment once you have completed your paperwork but I am pleased to hear your procedure went smoothly and that you would, in future, recommend us as a place to be treated.
Many thanks once again.

Harriet Canavan

Ian Mclean gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best possible treatment by an exceptional tean

From the first out patient appointment, through my operation and all follow ups the entire team were most professional and filled me with confidence . A really super hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 23 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 02 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a kind comment regarding your experience of Blakelands Hospital, it is most appreciated.

Ian McLean gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Five star treatment

From initial consultation through theatre and to recovery, the best possible care I could hope for.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 27 March 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your treatment from start to finish.