Blakelands Hospital

Telephone: 01908 334200
Address: Smeaton Close, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR
Website: http://www.blakelandshospital.co.uk

Rita Eisen gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Diagnostic Service

They gave me quick appointment times to fit in with my work schedule and were very efficient and courteous when dealing with me - although my problem was outside their scope.

Visited in April 2015. Posted on 14 May 2015

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great experience

From initial consultation to discharge following my operation I cannot fault the experience. The staff were all friendly and informative, putting me at my ease for what was my first ever surgery. I highly recommend Blakelands Hospital.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 06 March 2015

Michael gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great service and treatment

I had great service and treatment with very good and professional staff nothing to much trouble for them I arrived late for my appointment due to getting lost in Milton Keynes they were very understanding and sorted me out Many thanks.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 11 February 2015

Izzy gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great experience during distal osteotomy surgery

Although it might sound bit crazy it was one of the best days in my life. Of course I did not want to be a subject of surgery but years of kick boxing took its toll and I had very little choice. Staff extremely nice in a way that you feel taken care of and yet, no one is too sickly sweet so you have your personal space. Surgery itself, well except for a needles as anaesthetic needs to come from somewhere and I am a wuss when it comes to needles, was like my own Grey's Anatomy episode - one of those when you have all those cool doctors around and patients ends up very happy. I chose local anaesthetic instead of general one as after all it was just a foot, and did not regret it. Doctors were checking on me, exchanging jokes and made me feel comfortable and important. The fact that I was allowed to have a sneaky peek at my foot being worked on - just a bonus! Yeah, might be gross for some, but it was very interesting for me. The consultant and his team rock! And music in theatre was awesome! I simply cannot fault anything. After surgery I was taken care of by a lovely nurse, given some tasty cookies, coffee and all instructions what to do after that kind of surgery. Two days later, I am sitting comfortably with my foot elevated, pain is manageable and I am having great memory of my surgery. Call me a freak but it was a great day. Great hospital and great team. Thank you!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 15 February 2015

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic and faultless service from start to finish. Great attention to...

Fantastic and faultless service from start to finish.
Great attention to detail, you were not made to feel like just another patient..very attentive and caring. would highly recommend.

Visited in December 2014. Posted on 12 December 2014

DF gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Foot operation

Nurses' performance varied with a Theatre nurse leaving in a huff after being asked about using IPhone within the Theatre. Okay, it was for music but surely the patient should be informed- maybe I didn't like his choice!

If the patient is awake- be nicer to them within the Theatre environment!!

Let the patient know that an iPad is permissible in Theatre- no one seemed to know

Otherwise would recommend hospital and 5 stars for surgeon

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 29 September 2014

J King gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for Frozen Shoulder

I had my frozen shoulder treated at Blakelands hospital. When I came for the initial consultation I was seen on time and was in and out in 10 minutes, fully briefed about the imminent procedure. My appt was sent through swiftly and once again I was seen on time. The areas I was in were scrupulously clean. The staff gave me full information before the treatment and checked my well being throguhout the procedure. The procedure was carried out straight away in a very time efficient manner, without feeling hurried. Excellent service all round

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 24 September 2014

Ansari gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Appointment Never came, avoid.

I dont know whats happening. After calling several times to hospital, they havent come back to me for consultation appointment. The first appointment was 2 minutes long when Hospital said they have not received results of MRI from the external clinic. TDr. said they will call me in a week time to arrange another appointment when results are in. Its been more than 2 months now and no response has been received. In fact my problem with left knee has gone worst and ankle has started to ache too.

Terrible service I have ever received

Visited in July 2014. Posted on 19 September 2014

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

Christopher Bomben gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent reputation fully deserved.

Little things like the free car parking and the consultants calling you personally from the waiting rooms are the first pleasant experience of this hospital.

This experience continued with the high standard of care and professionalism shown during my treatment at Blakelands.

To hear certain members of staff comment on how they love doing their work reveals what makes this hospital so outstanding.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 05 June 2014

Suzanne gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have had 2 operations at this hospital and could not rate the care highly enough. Lovely staff and very caring. The whole team show compassion and understanding. Easy to amend appointment bookings, adequate parking and a real personal touch. They called me the day after the operations to check how I was, which I found very comforting. Would highly recommend this hospital.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 18 June 2014