Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Gary Armstrong gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my veiw of the said clinic

From my very appointment to my surgery the whole time has been second to none, this clinic is one of the most caring, friendliest places I've every had the pleasure of visiting, I would and already have recommended this place to one other person and I've only just had my op yesterday 09,02,17,
I am now waiting for my physiotherapy to start in 2 week, and I have already had a phone call from the hospital asking how I am and explaining where we go next and all about the follow up appointments.
This place I can only give 5 stars in every department.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a kind review of Blakelands Hospital. The staff all work extremely hard to ensure each patient has a positive experience, and I am pleased to read you certainly did. I wish you a speedy recovery.

As the Marketing Manager here at Blakelands Hospital, I am very interested to hear from patients who want to talk about their experience in more detail. These patient testimonials are then added to our website to help other patients that are thinking of choosing us for their surgery, make a more informed decision. If you would like to give a testimonial, feel free to contact me on 01295 755064.

Many thanks once again,

Simon gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional, Efficient and Caring

2 Days prior to my procedure (Endoscopy) I received a reminder phone call and was advised to come in slightly earlier than the original appointment as there was only one procedure ahead of me. This was good news as I had a later social engagement so was keen to get away ASAP.

On arrival at the hospital I was seen through within just a few minutes, prepped and into theatre quickly and before the hour was up I was back in my car again.

The staff were friendly and efficient with plenty of communication and signposting given throughout.

My doctor was very professional and although they struggled with the nasal insertion (they advised my nasal passages were too narrow and it would be too painful, suggesting that they would need to go through the mouth) he agreed to my request to proceed anyway. Despite the pain this is my preferred option as it avoids the horrible gagging and likely need for sedation so his persistence was greatly appreciated. All in all the care provided by all members of the team was nothing short of fantastic.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 14 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback after your time at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear, although not a pleasant procedure, it was a positive experience in all. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Many thanks,

Craig Hough gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Quick knee op

Being the 1st time I have had to have an operation I was naturally nervous, the staff and the overall environment in Blakelands hospital made me feel at ease throughout my brief visit there and I left feeling like I had been well taken care of and ready for recovery, thanks to all involved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 17 February 2017

Thank you Mr Hough for taking the time to leave us a review of your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear that our staff put you at ease and that you were happy with the level of care you received.

Ian Reynolds gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Operation

I was referred to the Consultant Surgeon by my GP via Bedfordshire CCG. I saw them initially at their outreach clinic at my GP surgery, Salisbury House in Leighton Buzzard. The Consultant confirmed the diagnosis of cataracts in both eyes by the local Specsavers Opticians.

I subsequently attended Blakelands Hospital for a proper assessments for surgery, performed by the Consultant and their staff. The appointments were made very swiftly and efficiently and a date for surgery was quickly forthcoming. The initial appointment was not suitable due to me going on a previously booked holiday and the Hospital made no fuss but rearranged the appointment for the week after I returned.

My first operation on 06/12/2016 went very smoothly, the kind and friendly staff calming my fears and the Consultant preformed the operation them self, under local anaesthetic. I can honestly say that I was in and out, including pre-operation preparation, the operation itself and recovery/discharge within a couple of hours. My fears were unfounded (of course) and the procedure was less stressful than a tooth filling, without the pain and vibration! I was given clear instructions regarding eye care and a check up was performed exactly one week after the operation.

I have just had my second eye done and everything so far has gone as smoothly as the first.

I cannot praise Blakelands Hospital and its wonderful stall enough. I would recommend the Hospital and especially the consultant surgeon, to anyone who asks. If the NHS was all like this then I am sure that there would be less complaint and a greater efficiency throughout.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 17 February 2017

Thank you Mr Reynolds for leaving such a kind worded review of your experience at Blakelands Hospital. The staff at the unit really appreciate patients taking the time to let us know how they found the service we offered and I am so pleased to hear that you were impressed. All staff work very hard to ensure our patients are happy so I will be sure to share this positive feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to do this and I hope recovery after your second operation continues to run smoothly.

Lyndsey witney gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My visit

Staff very friendly looked after me very well although it was a minor op. Hospital very clean and pleasant to be in .

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 07 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that our staff looked after you well during your short time at Blakelands Hospital. We really appreciate patients giving us their feedback, so thank you.

Marketing Manager

Steve Marshall gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Not quite how I expect to spend. Saturday afternoon!

Despite having to miss an important soccer match my disappointment soon abated with the treatment I received at Blakelands. The staff were friendly amusing courteous and looked after me so well. This was health service at its very best.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 24 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback about the service you experienced at Blakelands Hospital. I'm glad to read that our staff looked after you well - I will be sure to share this with the team. Thank you once again for your kind review, it is very much appreciated.

Chris Lumbis gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Review of my procedure.

I was referred to Blakelands for a colonoscopy as an NHS patient. I arrived 30 minutes early as requested and the procedure was carried out on time which was a real bonus. No hanging around waiting to be seen. Every member of staff I encountered was, without exception, friendly and pleasant making the whole experience far less stressful than it might have been. I felt I wasn't "just another patient to be dealt with". The day after my procedure the hospital phoned me at home to see if I was ok .... a lovely gesture which again made me feel that someone actually cared how I was. Overall, I can say that my visit to Blakelands was one I would happily repeat if it were necessary and I would not hesitate to recommend the hospital to anyone.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 25 January 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 27 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about the service and care you experienced at Blakelands Hospital. I'm glad to read that our staff looked after you well and that you would recommend us friends and family - I will be sure to share this with the team. Thank you once again for your kind review, it is very much appreciated.

Jim gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient treatment

Pre appointment paperwork was clear. Telephone query answered promptly, by the first person to pick up the telephone. There was no "Please hold....." On the day of the appontment the receptionist checked me in promptly. The time scheduled for the investigation was strictly adhered to. Everything was clearly explained. The treatment was carried out and I was briefed on the results and given a written report both for myself and for my GP.. . I was given plenty of time to recover from the procedure and at no time did I feel under pressure. At all times the care I received was of the very highest quality.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 25 January 2017

Blakelands Hospital replied on 27 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback about the service you experienced at Blakelands Hospital. I'm glad to read that our staff looked after you well and everything was kept to time. Thank you once again for your kind review, it is very much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dreaded gastroscopy made so much easier!

I would like to say how wonderful this hospital is. I needed a second gastroscopy and following a bad experience at another hospital I turned up feeling very anxious and stressed. As soon as I arrived the receptionists were very welcoming and reassuring and made an effort to explain to the nurses how worried I was before I went in. They kept me company until I was called through. When I was called through a lovely nurse came and sat with me in reception before taking me through to do obs and book me in. Unfortunately morning surgery had run over so i had to wait around making me more nervous. The nurses were amazing at reassuring me and keeping me distracted. Even the matron was sat with me for a long time talking to me. You have 1-1 nurse care through out the process from start to finish which helps a lot as they aren't needing to rush away to do other things. You are their priority. They were all great at communicating with my partner and allowed him to be with me 80% of the time I was there. The gastroscopy itself was unpleasant but they were very quick and it was over with in minutes. I spent a little time in recovery due to sedation but then was quickly moved to discharge. They aren't pushing you out the door, you leave when you feel comfortable and ready. Thank you all so much for helping me to get through such a difficult and stressful process that I had been fretting about and dreading for months!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 03 December 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 05 December 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide fabulous feedback following your visit to Blakelands Hospital. I am pleased to hear you were reassured throughout your time at the Hospital, apologies for the slight delay however. I’ll certainly pass on your message to all of the great staff we have here at Blakelands Hospital.

Best wishes
David Munt
General Manager

JanieB gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS outsourced

Was booked in for routine colonoscopy outsourced from my usual N.H.S hospital. Bowel prep arrived well in advance of procedure. Twice in my case as first appointment was cancelled last minute . These things happen and my appointment was re-booked efficiently. Nursing staff were lovely. During the whole experience I felt as if I mattered. Nice touch was courtesy phone call next day. Thank you all.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016

Blakelands Hospital replied on 10 January 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the service that Blakelands Hospital offers. I am sorry to hear that your initial appointment was cancelled, but pleased to see it was efficiently re-booked for you. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the nursing team as they work extremely hard to ensure every patients experience is a positive one.

Harriet Canavan
Marketing & PR Executive.