The Yorkshire Clinic

Address: Bradford Road, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1TW
Website: http://www.theyorkshireclinic.co.uk

Joanna Watts gave The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant. Just brilliant!

Everything about this hospital was fab. The staff were all lovely and so helpful. They even helped my daughter access somewhere to change our of her uniform. We were actually seen early. The place is super clean and very welcoming. Parking is not a problem either. I had read reviews about separate waiting rooms for NHS patients but to be honest it was clear that the majority of patients were NHS ones and the NHS waiting room was every bit as nice. I actually thought it was better. We were only sitting there for a few minutes.
The consultant was lovely too and I have confidence that under their care I will be able to get better and regain my health. I'm so glad I was referred here. Thank you everyone at the Yorkshire Clinic. I wish all the hospitals were just like yours. Senior NHS managers- please take note and go and visit this example of best practice in patient care!

Visited in June 2014. Posted on 30 June 2014

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 2 stars

failure to care for nhs patients

I had an appointment in December for a throbbing artery in my neck that was making me feel dizzy and ill. I also had eye problems. This was through the nhs . I explained to the consultant that my thyroid was previously underactive. The consultant ordered a scan on the artery which showed no blockage. What he didn't do was check my my bloods for thyroid function and antibodies. My problem kept going on. I went to my gp again who arranged a thyroid blood test which showed an overative thyroid. He referred me to another hospital of my choice. The consultants at that hospital are excellent. All the tests and scan showed an overative thyroid. I have been diagnosed with autoimmune thyroditis and graves disease. I'm really disappointed with Yorkshire clinic. A blood test would have confirmed this but because I was an nhs patient I feel the consultant didn't do enough to diagnose my condition.

Visited in December 2013. Posted on 14 June 2014

John Harrison. gave General Surgery at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair

With some degree of trepidation, because I was going to have to have a General Anaesthetic, I was nervous, however, the Surgeon and the Anaesthetist and their team in Theatre soon allayed my fears. Everything went well, the Day Ward staff were very caring, explaining everything to me, including the physio advising me on the do's and don'ts after surgery .
10 days after my "op" I had the Surgical clips removed and am well on the way to recovery. My grateful thanks to all concerned

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 26 May 2014

Paul Fisher gave The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

Hernia operation

Upon having to have my first operation I was very anxious about the whole experience. However, from the day I went for my first consultation to the day I had the operation each member of staff I encountered was extremely helpful, friendly and patient. After my operation, the aftercare I received from staff at the hospital was fantastic. The hospital itself is very clean and creates a very relaxed atmosphere. I have to say that my whole experience at the clinic was far better than I could ever had hoped for, and I'm very grateful for the people at the clinic who looked after me.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 12 May 2014

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

private patient

can not fault the staff excellent in every way would recommend this hospital to anyone.

Visited in April 2014. Posted on 07 May 2014

linda b gave Gynaecology at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

gynaecology

Very surprised by reviews by patients who have gone as NHS and felt they have been treated in a different way to private patients. I myself a NHS patient received nothing other than utter respect, courtesy and reassurance throughout my stay. The nursing staff and doctors explained to me what would be happening when I felt unsure, were quick to offer more refreshment whenever required. They explained aftercare and made it clear that I could contact them any time after my discharge with any worries I may encounter.
I am to be admitted again and have no worries regarding the proffesional behaviour of staff. I hope this will put any NHS patient at ease.

Many thanks to all at Yorkshire clinic keep up the good work

Visited in November 2013. Posted on 23 April 2014

John Ridyard gave General Surgery at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

A Brilliant caring team

Just to say that, yesterday, after a referal by a Dr at the NHS Guiseley practice, I had an Inguinal Hernia Repair operation at The Yorkshire Clinic.

The procedure, I am assured – progressed as per the text-book.

They are both splendid caring guys who together with the young Theatre Assistant*, who’s name, to my shame, I have not remembered, made the experience totally stress free.

* I am particularly annoyed at myself for not remembering the person's name, because, as I was hooked up to monitors, we talked about their family and personal life.

I did apologise for distracting, but (I could hear the slow and steady cardiac bleeps) they insisted ‘.... we should continue our conversation ... there was no problem ...’.

As you may be able to tell – they had the perfect 'bedside manner' and an absorbing ‘companion’ for those few important minutes – perfect for their work.

A brilliant team.

John Ridyard

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 28 March 2014

Anonymous gave Pain Management at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

I thought all the nursing and clerical staff were brilliant

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 15 March 2014

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 4 stars

Tonsillectomy - private paying

The treatment received from the ENT surgeon through to nursing staff was excellent. This would be the reason why I would recommend to friends and family. However, the room I stayed in was rather worn and shabby (furniture was old and marked). So therefore, depends what your priorities are. For me it was more important for the treatment side to be spot on rather than surroundings. But for some people both is important.

Visited in March 2014. Posted on 05 March 2014

MG180man gave General Surgery at The Yorkshire Clinic a rating of 5 stars

Best choice

Of all the hospitals available for treatment in my area, this is the only one I would use by choice. The staff are friendly and competent and treated me no differently than I immagine they would a private patient. I went into surgery confident and happy which is not something that could be said for the other hospitals I have experienced with my wife.
The surgeon herself was pleasant and efficient and at no time did I fear anything She was considerate of my situation and explained what was happening at all times.
Discharge was carried out without delay and only when staff were happy that I was ready to leave.
I was glad I chose this hospital and would do so again and again.

Visited in January 2014. Posted on 20 January 2014