Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No help from maternity triage

We've been trying for several hours to get through to maternity triage, but no one picks up the phone. This is a recurring theme with this department. Frustrating when you need advice regarding when to come as you think your partner might be in labour.

I also doubt I'll get a response from Whipps X considering from their feedback history, they're only responding to positive reviews!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Oral care appointment took 4hours

Had an appointment made at 9.30 for a dental referral and it took me 3.5 hours to be seen. Ridiculous. Waiting for an x-ray who staff who had to take it 3 times as they weren't sure how to properly do it (must have been students). And then had to wait 1.5hrs for a 'specialist' who I did not even have to see. Was not helpful at all. The appointment with her was just me telling her what my dentist had told me and how I waited 7months for this referral to get an extraction done. And she was only half listening, with me having to repeat myself a few times. And her doing an assessment on my tooth was just tapping as hard as she can with the end of a metal instrument!

Absolutely appalling service. Going to A&E would have been quicker and less hassle, and I would have sorted out this tooth months ago, like it should have been!

I do not recommend this hospital. On the other hand, the walk in for the eye clinic is great. Shame about the oral surgery section.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 October 2014

Anonymous gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

dreadful service.

Not only is it very hard to get though on the phone, once put though the staff are very rude! and then when transferred from department to department the phone then goes dead! at this hospital most of the staff are very rude and unprofessional I fail to see how they are employed buy the NHS! so my problem is still unsolved. after attending a&e on the 2nd of October to be told I would be referred for a x-ray with in a few days ! my gp advises me that they sent the appointment request over on the 3rd of October! yet I still remain in pain and unable to walk. and when trying to see what is going on with the process of my treatment, I am greeted with a rude staff member via telephone and no answers to my question. very unhappy with this situation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Plane Tree Centre for Bartholin's Cyst Drainage

I was referred by my GP as an emergency patient to the Plane Tree Centre for drainage of a very swelled and painful Bartholin's Cyst (this is at the entrance to the vagina).

You are admitted at 7.15am where nurses and doctors then come round to everyone on the ward (capacity for about 15 people and about 8 beds filled when I went) who carry out pre op checks. I was very satisfied with the care and attention given to me, I saw nurses and my anesthetist prior to surgery.

Once returned to the ward, I was checked on regularly by nurses, special thanks to two particular members of staff who, despite working 12 to 13 hour days, were friendly and professional, doing everything I needed in the hours following my operation. I was fairly groggy after having general aneasthetic and their kindness and attention really made me feel at ease, their excellent sense of humour also took my mind of things!

I was extremely pleased with the level of information I was given regarding after care and was discharged around 4.30pm.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care - thank you!

I accompanied a friend visiting from abroad who broke her wrist to Whipps Cross A&E. Although it was shift-change time, she was seen promptly. Everyone we saw was kind, compassionate, and showed real dedication to doing their jobs properly. I was especially happy that staff allowed me to accompany my friend through all her treatment so I could help explain things that are different from her home country's healthcare.

This was my first interaction with NHS A&E services and I was very impressed. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 October 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment about the A&E department at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are so pleased your first A&E visit was such a positive one. Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager and lead nurse to share among the team.

Anonymous reviewed Urgent care centre at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Out of hours

Excellent responsive assessment /diagnosis /treatment by GP in the urgent care centre

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 29 October 2014

Please note - the UCC is not run by Barts Health NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to compliment the PELC service run at the Urgent Care Centre at Whipps Cross Hospital. Our staff and GPs value feedback such as this. It confirms how much quality matters to our patients and their families, and is very much appreciated.  We will let the team at Whipps Cross know of your kind and encouraging words.

PELC (Partnership of East London Cooperatives Ltd)

Anonymous reviewed Dermatology at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Dermatology enquiry prior to appointment

In view of the adverse reports on Dermatology outcomes for results of biopsy for cancer I called the dermatology secretaries for advice on my clinic day time and likelihood of seeing the consultant. The secretary explained the process of the day and the clinic and whom I would be seeing on the day and the likelihoood of removal of a aytypical naevus. The appointment letter was generic. Please congratulate your secretary for her professionally approach.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 22 October 2014

We are really pleased you had such a positive experience at the Dermatology department, Whipps Cross Hospital.  Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment which is much appreciated.  Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager to share among the team and in particular the secretary mentioned.

Barts Health NHS Trust

sandyfryman gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

End of holiday accident

On the last day of my visit in London, I managed to fall off an escalator and break a bone in my wrist. The friend I was visiting took me to your emergency room for treatment. Not being a citizen of the UK, I wan't sure what sort of treatment, delays, hassles, etc. to expect. Well, there were no problems! My injury was treated in a timely manner (faster than I could have expected at home) and with great care by the attending staff. I cannot express how kind and helpful everyone was! I hope to never have to avail myself of your services again, but it is comforting to know that this excellent care is available if needed. Since returning home I have told all my friends that if they need emergency care in London they need not be afraid. It could not have been any better.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 22 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to make a comment which is much appreciated. We are so pleased you had such a positive experience at the A&E department, Whipps Cross Hospital and have recommended the service to family and friends at home! Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager and lead nurse to share among the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Whipps Cross Eye Clinic

I visited this eye clinic after being told by a nurse at the Eye Dept Queens Hospital Romford that they couldn't see me for 4 days (w/end included) despite already being an outpatient there and a GP's emergency letter.
I was told to go to Moorfields but decided on Whipps Cross.
I was seen quickly and found all the staff at the clinic friendly and professional, the Consultant informative. Eye problem scanned and diagnosed within hour and half.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 24 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 27 October 2014

We are really pleased you had such a positive experience at the Opthalmology department, Whipps Cross Hospital.  Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment which is much appreciated.  Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager to share among the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ongoing excellent care

My 91 year old mother is currently in Sycamore ward at Whipps Cross after a bad fall on Oct 4th resulting in a hip fracture . She also has late stage dementia ,so everything is doubly difficult for staff. She had an operation on the hip soon after admittance.
The care and attention in Casualty was excellent and I have found this has continued. Unfortunately because of her age and dementia the first operation was not successful so a further serious one was needed which was performed yesterday. Her care is therefore ongoing....
I and my whole family feel that the care in the ward is exemplary,I visit every day and the doctors and nurses have all liased regularly with my brother and myself.
I do not think that my mother would have had better care anywhere.
We are extremely grateful to all the staff on Sycamore Ward and to the surgeon who performed the operation.
Many thanks to all for helping a poorly old lady with severe dementia. Not an easy task but one that the staff perform without question and with smiles !

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 24 October 2014