Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

graeme gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

inguinal hernia repair

Absolutely fantastic service and perfectly stitched repair of inguinal hernia.Thanks to the wonderful skills of the surgeon and all the care from the support team. I really am overjoyed at the outcome.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 11 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback following your recent operation at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are pleased to hear that you are very pleased with the outcome. We will share your message with the team that cared for you.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very good pediatric dermotology care

My daughter has been been seen here for over a year at the pediatric outpatient client. The team is helpful and caring and the consultant diagnosed the problem immediately after misakes by our GP. The team has been great in taking our concerns seriously and helping us navigate the complex NHS referal system. One suggestion - the letters for the pediatric patients need to be corrected as they erroneously tell you to go to Area 4 - Dermotology instead of the children's outpatient area for appointments.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

Thank you for awarding the dermatology team at Whipps Cross with five stars. The staff that cared for your daughter will love to read your review so we will share your kind message with the team. We will also pass on your note regarding the letters – thank you for your feedback.

Wishing you all the best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

SK gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

still waiting

I came in a week ago because my daughter had a fall and hurt her nose. I was seen by a nurse who did the initial checks and after waitinga while was sen by another nurse as the doctor was not available. I was told it was potentially broken but due to the swelling I would have to wait for 7 days after which they can confirm if it has or not. I have not received a phone call and tried calling the hospital for the past 2 hours and I am just being passed around from main reception to different departments, with no one answering and not being able to speak to anyone

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 04 August 2016

We are very sorry to hear that there has been a delay with discussing your daughters treatment. We would like to discuss this with you in further detail - please can you provide us with more information so that we can look into this for you. Please contact our PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or by email pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk so that we can help you.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Audiology Department

Worse than useless at organising appointments.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 20 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

We are very sorry to hear that there have been some issues with organising your audiology appointments. We would like to discuss this with you in further detail - please can you provide us with more information so that we can look into this for you. Please contact our PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or by email pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Paul and Jackie Snow gave Cardiology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the staff of whipps cross

My Father-in-law was looked after by A and E, Resuss dept and Syringa ward in his last few days of life with extreme respect and dignity we could not of asked for better service from all the staff in these Departments,I know that the whole family are so grateful for you making the end of his life as peaceful and comfortable as possible. Thank you all again

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 26 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 15 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your father-in-laws care at Whipps Cross. We will pass your message on to all the teams involved as they will appreciate your kind words.

Wishing you all the best
Barts Health NHS Trust

Kelly P gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A&E through to Children's Ward

My daughter was admitted via A&E into the children's ward. The nursing Staff and Dr's in A&E were fantastic. Despite being there for 8.5 hours we were kept reguarlly informed of progress and plans. After being transferred to the children's ward communication dramatically changed. The nursing staff were brilliant throughout however the messages from the consultants, Dr's and Radiography were mixed to say the least. They all agreed on what my daughter needed but it took nearly 36 hours to get a scan for a potential infection in a hip joint. Only once I started complaining did anything start to happen.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 27 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A&E - dirty toilets

Attended A&E recently. Nurses and doctor did some tests and were professional. Only issue was the toilets, which do need frequent cleaning instead of the hourly sign off. They were filthy, smelly, urine all over toilet seat and floor, used tissues hanging outside bin lid and on the floor. There was also a horrible stale urine smell lingering. I was worried I might catch something!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 30 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Clare Horgan gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding

My niece was admitted to your Resus dept suffering with Sepsis, the Doctor and nurses were absolutely amazing and cant thank them enough for their superb care and communication with myself and her Mum. There was one junior Doctor in particular who was incredible. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to all in Resus.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 31 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 04 August 2016

Dear Clare,

The staff that cared for your niece will love to read your kind message - we will share this with all the Resus team at Whipps Cross. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to send us your feedback.

Wishing you all the best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Our baby boy was delivered by emergency c section at Whipps earlier this month. I received excellent care from the maternity team throughout my pregnancy, which continued when I was admitted to delivery suite for induction due to a few problems. The midwives in the delivery suite were wonderful while i was being induced. The surgical team who rode in like the cavalry to get Thomas out quickly when problems arose were truly brilliant, reassuring, professional and explained to me every stage what was going on. Even though I hadn't planned for a c section in a brightly lit operating theatre (I wanted a water birth!) the team in the operating room still made it a magical experience for us. Care on the Mulberry ward was also good afterwards, including the lovely midwife who helped me calm down baby when he was having a screaming fit late at night. I cannot fault the experience we had at Whipps. I hope these comments can be passed on to the teams that looked after us (17 to 19th July and particularly the anaesthetists midwives and surgeons who did the 3am delivery on 18th July!!).

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 05 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Visit to A&E

Came to A&E in the early hours of Tuesday. As me and my partner walked into the department we saw people looking confused as signs indicating that 'you will be seen here' were misleading as no staff members were present in that area. When one of the staff members noticed around 4 people including us looking confused after 10min she asked us to come over to reception area further down. We spent some more time waiting as reception staff (3 people) were having a chit chat instead of attending to people who arrived. I was seen by a nurse in about 20min after arriving at the reception, so I can't say anything bad about the waiting time. However, once I was in the room trying to explain what's wrong I was constantly interupted by the nurse. After this I had my BP and temperature taken and quickly ushered onto the bed. I was asked to take of my top in front of the male nurse by female nurse who came in to do ECG. No curtain was drawn between me and the male nurse and what's even more appalling another male nurse came into the room through the main door halfway through ECG without knocking or apologising as I lay there without my top. As a health care professional myself I found this to be awful and undignified, I would never allow this to happen to my patients. After my ECG was done I was handed a cup with meds, no explanation given as to what the meds are. I had a look and it turned out to be co-dydramol, when I tried to explain that I had 1000mg of paracetamol 1h before coming into hospital nurse told me that's fine just take it. After this I was asked to return to reception and wait to be seen by GP, again had to interupt chit chat between reception staff to be noticed, as I was waiting to be seen I could hear loud laughter coming from the reception area, at one point I felt extremely worried and upset about an elderly gentleman who was at the reception as on a few occasions the reception staff just stood up and went to the other corner of the room to laugh with colleagues while the poor man was just sitting there. As I got to be seen by doctor it turned out that nurse who saw me earlier didn't record my BP and temperature, thus doctor had to do it once again. Luckily, I was seen and was out of hospital in 2h or so, but I believe that I was not treated with dignity, respect or privacy during this visit.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 05 July 2016

We are sorry to read that you were not treated with the care, dignity and respect that you should have been when you recently visited our Emergency Department at Whipps Cross. Our teams work hard to provide safe and effective care to all patients that come to us. We are sorry this didn’t happen in this instance. Thank you for raising it with us.

Your feedback is important to us and has been shared with the team in the Emergency Department so that they are able to see your concerns.