Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Mumof2 gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

So much for "walk in A & E!

Went here wanting anti biotics for sinus infection. Didn't want to wait until Monday and see my GP as wanted to start course asap. Had heard about these so called walk in GP surgerys at Hospitals. Not wanting to waste NHS resources with A & E thought this an excellent idea. Silly me. I just spent 3 hours 55 minutes waiting with all the A & E people to see a GP. There was basically no difference. When I asked a receptionist about 3 hrs 30 in for approximate wait time I had left, I said to the receptionist I felt mislead into believing I was going to see a GP and not a long wait in A&E. I explained I felt there was no difference and it was a farce. The receptionist agreed with me, said it doesn't really exist. I don't get the point. From watching the GP calling patients in most were like me, only after prescriptions, in there 5 minutes, so why the wait.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

No aftercare advice

My GP arranged for me to attend the EGU after early pregnancy spotting and cramps.
The first scan was done on time, I don't know who did the scan but they were pleasant enough. They couldn't see the pregnancy so they said they would do blood tests and I should come back in two days. The member of staff sent me away with a leaflet. After I left it was only then I realised I had been given no care advice whilst waiting, apart from go to A&E if I get pain, or significant bleeding.
I returned for my next appointment, gave my name and said I was there for a scan, the receptionist was pretty rude, said they couldn't see me on the list. When I pointed to my name they said "oh you told me it was for a scan, not a blood test". I said "well that's what I thought I was here for". I took a seat and was eventually seen an hour late.
The nurse was pleasant and reeled off some numbers from my last test. I said I didn't know what that meant and they kindly explained that they actually need a second test for comparison and how they work out from that whether I'm miscarrying or have an ectopic pregnancy. Then they asked if I was taking a progesterone supplement because that was high - I wasn't and had to google the implications of high progesterone.
I got my results quickly after I left. The numbers had risen so they said I should go back for a scan in two weeks. That was it.
I didn't know if I should go to work, or be resting.
My spotting has increased over the weekend so I called the unit this morning. The nurse I spoke to said my details weren't on the system so I should just take it easy and go to A&E if I start to bleed.
This is an anxious time and your staff need to be better at explaining the questions they ask, the risks of the symptoms to patients and how patients should take care of themselves between appointments.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Nad gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A & E only for accident not for emergencies

Elderly mother taken by ambulance to A&E with pains to the chest, back and in left arm. Left waiting with ambulance crew on a trolley for 1 & half hours with ambulance crew just waiting to hand over to hospital staff. Then moved to a bed and left in the middle of A&E for a further 2 hours. 6 hours since arriving in an ambulance and still waiting to see a doctor. Still waiting in the middle of A&E department being told for the last 2 hours that you are 4th in the que for a doctor. No idea how long it will take and this is for someone who has been taken by ambulance with suspected heart problems.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Reassuring experience

Extremely impressed with the first class treatment received at Whipps Cross hospital. Admitted via A&E where I was swiftly routed through blood tests, an ECG, CT scan and chest X-ray within a few hours. Hard-pressed teams liaised to ensure correct diagnosis. Admitted for an overnight assessment stay where there was also excellent staff care. Cleanliness and hygiene procedures were in evidence. Quality food and drinks supplied regularly. Personal comfort and reassurance upheld by all staff. Was discharged with clear understanding of diagnosis and explanation of future treatment. Can't praise the teamwork enough. Thank you Whipps Cross hospital!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

We're really glad you had a pleasant experience at the hospital. Thanks for taking the time to send in your comments.

Barts Health NHS Hospital

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst hospital I've ever been to

This hospital has the organisational skills of a five year old.what should of been arrive at A&E from another hospital, a simple call made the the relevant department and I'm off there hands turned into the wait from hell. The reception staff were exceptional and what I mean by that is they were exceptionally rude and lazy. They are a waste of time and money to the NHS. Very sad times we live in.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

We're sorry your experience at the hospital wasn't to the usual high standard we strive for on a daily basis. This is unacceptable and we can only apologise for this.

If you would like for us to investigate this, then please contact the PALS Team by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Peggers1 reviewed Whipps Cross University Hospital

Care kindness and speedy treatment was superb

I went to A&E with a serious allergic reaction and was taken straight through by Sister Christine and treated immediately as my airways were in danger of being blocked. The care, kindness and speedy treatment was superb, couldn't find fault at all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

Brilliant. I'm sure Sister Christine will be glad to hear your feedback.

Nichola Lund gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fast and efficient urgent care

Reception staff in the Urgent Care / A&E were very kind and pragmatic.

Didn't feel rushed, but was triaged within minutes, and seen by a GP within about half an hour.

I guess we were lucky with the time of day and so how busy the department was on the day, but this was a very good experience of excellent care.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

Great news. We're delighted that you were treated with the safe and compassionate care we strive for on a daily basis. Thanks for sending in your comments - they're really appreciated.

Mumzy gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

rude staff..extremely stonehearted

I started with minor bleeding, I was sent to EGU by A&E and was scanned, was told to come after 1wk for a re-scan. After bleeding increased with cramping went A&E and again was referred to EGU and was told I had natural miscarriage and don't need to do anything further. I wasn't satisfied as ive had bleeding with a previous pregnacy and asked GP to refer me for another scan which they did. After I didn't receive an appointment I called the EGU and explained everything but was told by an extremely rude staff I've had a misscarriage I'm no longer pregnant I won't be scanned.
For someone going through such moment the staff should've been understanding and in my case I was left feeling even more depressed.
Staff need to be more experienced for EGU dept and not heartless.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

We pride ourselves on our safe and compassionate care and for you to not feel you received this from staff in the EGU is unacceptable and we apologise for this.

Barts Health NHS Trust

LPayne gave Ophthalmology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cataract operation

I was very nervous but the staff were so kind and resssuring. Everyone from the nurses to the surgeons were professional and caring. Excellent.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback. We can understand that coming in to hospital can cause some nervousness so we're glad that staff provided reassurance.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff are ever so freindly

I have been a patient at the orthodontics for over 3 years now and i have always been treated with dignity and respect.
All the staff especially at reception are always helpful caring and ever so freindly.
They have looked after and cared for me in the best way any surgery can.
Stay smiling you have the best smile, if any pateint is having a bad day their smile will cheer u up.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 June 2017

This is great to hear. Thanks for taking the time to send in your comments.