Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Trauma visit 24.8.16

Must mention the ENP in Minors they are fabulous, calm, humorous efficient I was in the unit being stitched up and they even made me laugh even though I was in lots of pain. not so keen on the ENT as I felt I was being used as a guinea pig by one of the doctors. I came home with a bonus, a suture needle and thread in my clothing. on the whole I was seen quickly and treated well, the department is run very efficiently. Would just mention that the second booking in staff (where you hand in your ticket) could use a bit more eye contact, I was asked what what was wrong with me, my face was completely smashed in and covered with blood, thought looked might have had a clue.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 30 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Hui gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Inspirational, brilliant care across different departments

My father had chest pain and was admited to A &  E. He was then transferred to AAU D bay and Cardiology. All the doctors and nurses provided the highest quality care. They are helpful, dedicated and consciencious, knowlegeable. Some nurses went extra miles to provide personalised care. Previously I saw negative feedback about this hospital, but now I think they have made remarkable achievements and has become an inspirationl hospital. I have great respect for their medical staff as I can see how hard they work. Salute A &  E, AAU and Cardiology.The only thing that did not go well was, on first day my father was given too many tablets in one go which caused his heart beating faster. They should have asked my father as he normally spread medicines throughout the day. I had to try very hard requesting the change. My father was then transferred to St Barts. Again first class care. Salute St Barts and NHS. My father is a much happier man than before. Overall I am very impressed by Whipps Cross and grateful to all medical staff. It is a systematic success as so many staff have done a great job. Thank you for saving people's lives and it is people like you who make this world beautiful. I am also grateful to NHS as i saw how high the service standard has reached, and i can see how difficult to run it.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Phone customer services

The phone manner of people picking up the phone is appalling and customer services skills training going must be undertaken, just so that staff can understand how to speak to the public without making them feel like idiots!!!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Slugman gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Brilliant care of broken collarbone

My friend crashed his bike and broke his collarbone. The treatment in the minor injuries section of A&E was outstanding. The person who handled his care's manner was faultless. We came away with total confidence in how they and others had handled the situation. I attended Whipps A&E many years ago and it was woeful. So it should get a lot of praise for unbelievable improvement.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 24 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 27 September 2016

Thank you for posting your thanks and feedback following your friend’s recent treatment in our A&E at Whipps Cross. It is great to read that he received excellent care throughout. We will pass your message on to the team.

Wishing you all the best

Natasha.c gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

I attended the clinc as a day pateint, got there for 7am the staff on arrival were all so lovely and made me feel at ease straight the way, as I was very nervous. We where shown to our beds, I was kept informed every step of the way as to what would be happing to me, the staff where so friendly and dealt with my issues in the most professional way, Thankyou so much to the doctors and nurses at the plane tree ward. You where all so caring, because you all love you jobs. And that's what counts. Keep up the amazing jobs you all do.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 25 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 29 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your great feedback and thanks following your recent visit to Whipps Cross. It is great to hear that all the staff were caring and supportive and kept you informed throughout your treatment. We will pass you kind words on to Plane Tree ward to be shared with all the team.
Wishing you all the best

Kate gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Fracture Clinic never answer the phone

My partner has been told he needs an urgent CT scan of his ankle and has been referred to Whipps Cross from Royal Berkshire as this is his local hospital. Hasn't heard anything since and can never get through on the phone to the fracture clinic. In the meantime he only has a splint so could be doing further injury.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Rowan ward

A few weeks ago I was rushed into hospital to a&e with signs of a ruptured appendix. I was very impressed with how I was treated in a&e although there was a wait I was sent to majors within 20 minutes of being there. Once seen by a doctor 5 hours later they moved me to a ward explaining I will be in for surgery any time. The staff were fantastic in explaining what was going to happen and taking care of me. I was very nervous going down to the theatre but a member of staff was there to support me and keep me calm which I felt was amazing. The care I received post op was great. All of the staff were very approachable and helpful when I needed support and I couldn't have asked for better care during the week I was in hospital.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 27 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 29 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback following your recent surgery at Whipps Cross. It is lovely to read that the staff were caring and supportive throughout your treatment. We will pass your kind message on to be shared with all the team.

Best wishes
Barts Health NHS Trust

Kim gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Birth of my 1st grandchild

My daughter had our first grandchild on 19 August at 1501. The staff were fantastic, caring, helpful and professional. The whole of her pregnancy was dealt with in a superb manner whether antenatal, tests, scans and her admittance for a few days due to kidney problem. Maternity and urology worked together to overcome this problem with regular scans and medication. The midwives on the day were wonderful. Cleanliness was second to none, although could do with a lick of paint. Thank you all so much, you were great.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 28 August 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 15 September 2016

Thank you for posting your thanks and feedback following the birth of your first grandchild at Whipps Cross. It is great to read that your daughter received excellent care from all our staff throughout her pregnancy.

Wishing you all the best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Linda King gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E review

I visited A&E yesterday and was so impressed by the level of service I received that (for once!) I felt the need to leave a review. The staff were professional, friendly and helpful - all very good in itself - but as I moved from one section to another, then on to a CT scan then to a side ward, I was so impressed that the staff had obviously communicated with each other, knew who I was and took the trouble to keep me in the loop about what was happening. I was never once left with the impression that I had been forgotten. Well done guys and a huge thank you to all of you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 13 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Linda,

Thank you for awarding the A&E team at Whipps Cross with five stars. The staff that cared for you will love to read your review so have shared your kind message with the team. We really appreciate your thanks and that you have taken the time to send us your feedback.

Wishing you all the best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

graeme gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

inguinal hernia repair

Absolutely fantastic service and perfectly stitched repair of inguinal hernia.Thanks to the wonderful skills of the surgeon and all the care from the support team. I really am overjoyed at the outcome.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 11 July 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 19 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind feedback following your recent operation at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are pleased to hear that you are very pleased with the outcome. We will share your message with the team that cared for you.