Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Yazadooza gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Syringa ward

My father, 91, who has advanced dementia, was admitted to Syringa Ward after Christmas with a chest infection. With excellent nursing care, he quickly recovered. However 6 weeks later he has only just been discharged due to delayed paperwork. He was so well looked after on this ward by very overworked staff who treated him with exceptional dignity and respect. His condition makes him very challenging to deal with at times but they demonstrated great patience with him and he was very happy there. We are so grateful to all the staff with particular mention to CJ who helped him shower and shave, something that has become increasingly difficult over the past few years because of his fear of water. Well done to each and every member of staff on Syringa - you all deserve medals in my eyes. Thank you all so much.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Lengthy waiting times

I attended Majors on the 9th of Jan 2017. There were no chairs available to sit on. It was over crowded with people coughing and sneezing. I waited for 4 hours and was not called. I eventually gave up and left the hospital without any treatment. A very poor experience.

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Katsiaryna gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity and EGU department

I just want to say thank you to all the people who work there!!! The best doctors and attitude ever! Especially thanks a lot to three particular doctors! Katerina

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Rod S gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gastroneterolgy outpatient

I have been in the care of the gastroenterology department at Whipps for almost 10 years, having a life long auto-immune disease.In that time, at regular clinics, my consultant always involved me in decisions about the management of my condition. The consultant always is available - phone or email- if my condition takes a turn for the worst to offer advice on what I can do to keep symptoms in check.I have no hesitation in recommending Whipps Cross Gastroenterology dept for anyone diagnosed with a relevant condition. Thanks very much for your care and professionalism down the years. You are a big reason why I love our NHS.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 03 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thankyou

On a recent short stay in A & E my Mother in law was treated to the the best attention I could imagine. She was offered Social Services, but she declined this and was then offered Redcross visit, which she accepted.Mum is 93 and very set in her ways the staff that dealt with her were very patient and re-assuring and my husband (Son) and I cannot thank the staff enough for their understanding. Thankyou

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

We’re pleased to hear that you and your mother in law had a good experience at the hospital. Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback. We’ll make sure the A&E team see your comments.

Best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital

A & E experience

Today we accumpanied my sons partner to A & E at the General Practitioners and partners request. I was astounded when the receptionist read the GP letter, pulled a facial expression and commented that they didn't know why the GP had referred my sons partner, who was extremely unwell, unable to go to work for the second week and after a 5 hour wait on a hard plastic chair was given the diagnosis on pneumonia. After the long wait chest xray and blood tests a diagnosis was made and treatment prescribed and email was being sent to the GP.. medical staff ie Doctor. What authority does the receptionst have to make a judgement on a patients state of health? With regards to infection control. The one container in reception area and corridor were empty. Non in toilets. Inspite of reporting this to the receptionist it was ignored fell on deaf ears! I then reported to a nurse who requested replacement - done promptly!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

We’re sorry that your experience at A&E wasn’t up to the standards that we strive for on a daily basis but glad to hear that the nurse responded to your report promptly. You feedback has been passed to the team.

Anonymous reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Waiting time is too much

Really for patients it is very painful waiting time, I visited on 5th January 2017 for my eye stys infection, waiting time was 2 and half hours and treated me few minutes and advised to massage and gave me Hylo Forte lubrication drop, after using it become worse even, again visited on 10 January 2017 still waiting near long enough. Completely awful services. Every infection is not minor from the day first should have to take serious treatment to save your time as well as patient time.

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 27 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback and we're sorry to hear that your experience wasn't up to the standard we strive for on a daily basis. If you would like to contact our PALS team, they can look into your feedback further. They're contact details can be found here: http://bartshealth.nhs.uk/your-visit/advice-and-support/patient-advice-and-liaison-service/

All the best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service and care triage

Seen as an emergency after slight bleed yesterday evening. Nurse on shift very professional and was seen within 15 minutes of arrival. Nurse carried out initial tests with a doctor carrying out further tests. Very efficient and informative throughout process. Felt at ease and made aware of details of tests and procedures necessary to identify any problems. Was given the all clear within 30 minutes. Very pleased with service, professionalism and most of all the care I received from both nurse and Doctor. Thank you.

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback. The team will be delighted to hear that you felt at ease in their care.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Make me unhappy and worried

I have my 22 weeks scanning on 15 January, I'm was really very unhappy with the operator whose do scanning for me in this time, the operator was not good in doing service, when I went in there my baby was sleep, the operator hit my tummy many times with scanning and pressing very hard and make my my tummy really very painful, I just really very worried the operator will broken my baby body parts, how did they do that for make my baby wake up and moving, I'm was really very unhappy about this.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

We’re sorry that your experience in our care was not up to the standard you should expect from us and can understand how distressing this may have been at the time. Your feedback is important to us and we’ve passed on your message to the team. We would also like to encourage you to speak to the Bart’s Health PALS Team who can investigate your experience in more detail.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Julian Walker gave Urology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Two hours lost

Arrived for 3.15 Urology appointment. Told by receptionist in Area A to go to Area B; receptionist in Area B first ignored me, then told me to sit down and wait. Waited for 1hr 15 mins then went to enquire (same receptionist), and was told to wait still. After 1hr 55 mins a nurse came over and asked about my appointment, found that I had been sent to the wrong area, and sorted out treatment from registrar as the consultant I was meant to see had gone home. Notes missing. Good treatment from nursing and treatment staff - as always -, administration poor. Oh, and had to look for three hand-cleaner dispensers before I found one that had anything in it. As regards 2C above, it's 'both satisfied and dissatisfied'; 2E - what does this mean? Single-sex accommodation?

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 24 January 2017