Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

maternity care

As this hospital is under review i am disappointed to find that when i contacted the maternity triage number no one was picking up my call. Most maternity units have a number which you can call to answer questions but this line is clearly not staffed it therefore shouldn't be listed as an important contact on the information i was given. When i spoke to the main operator they were not very pleasant either.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Julie gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst A&E ever! A health hazard!

My toddler had a head injury and was seen by a doctor after 4.5 hours! There are 4 areas/occasions you have to wait, first is when you first enter you have to queue to see the streamer, then an hour to be booked in providing the same information once again, then queued within the children's A&e section to see the nurse an hour later, who asked the same questions, then waited another 2 hours or so to see the doctor who contradicted what the near had told us, and apologised that we had to wait so long. The A&E didn't have enough seating which is awful considering such long hours to wait with 2 children under the age of 3. The nurse told us we needed stitches and it would leave a scar which was wrong information which got me worried for no reason. Play area is absolutely tiny, poorly ventilated spreading germs even more so, and extremely hot.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 27 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Sleep Medicine at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

I c u

Long story short My friend fall down from ladder went to a&e in whippcross they done X-ray and told my friend we need to do operation he agreed went for an operation and didn't wake up after that we been told by the doctor his oxygen level was very low in the theatre so we keep him on ventilation so they was keeping him sleep after few days we ask doctor who said his got chest infection then after seven days they decide to transfer him to Papworth hospital in Cambridge his treatment start he start getting better after 2 and half week they decide to send him back because to complete rest of his treatment after 8 hr icu staff call us and told us come to hospital asap when we went there doctor said he is not stable we trying to keep him alive and then he passed away

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 29 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

C-section Delivery - Credit where credit is due

My wife gave birth to our 2nd son via Elective C-section at Whipps Cross (5th Feb 2015) and I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the staff involved for the superb service they provided before, during & after the procedure. The whole experience was excellent. The facilities (particularly for the birth & in the recovery room) were new and spotless. The Consultant/Anesthetist /the Nurses and the Midwives were reassuring and on-hand throughout, both in terms of care and information, making the procedure a stress-free occasion. The staff on the Mulberry Ward (we were Bed 21) following the Birth continued the high standard, with a high visible presence at all times, superb attentiveness and care throughout my wife & son's stay. A service you should be very proud of. In today's complaints culture my wife and I felt compelled to praise all involved

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 07 February 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent care centre visit

What I liked

Having been referred via 111 this weekend to see a GP I arrived, was seen and home within an hour. Cannot fault either the 111 service or the Urgent care centre. Thank you :)

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 08 February 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Linda gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Admiistration concerns

I was brought by ambulance on 8/2/15 and after sitting in 'Majors' for a while I was pushed down to 'Minors'. I saw a GP who then referred me back to 'Majors'. I was put in a room and a nurse was very surprised when they found me there. After finally being transferred to AAU I was very happy with the treatment there and even reviewed the nursing staff on this website. I was discharged with my Information Summary stating that the Clinical Course was for me to be booked for 'out patient colonoscopy and cystoscopy'.
(It also requested that my GP refer me to colorectal outpatient, but they were loath to do so until I had an appointment for the procedures)
As I had heard nothing after 3 weeks I rang and was informed by the colorectal dept that if I had heard nothing in 4 weeks to ring again. Not wishing to be a nuisance I waited 5 weeks and rang again. A very nice person then told me they had not received a request for the colonoscopy but could see on my discharge summary that this should have been requested. It was at this point I was told I needed Plane Tree Centre for the cystoscopy appointment. They transferred me back to the switchboard who then put me through to Plane Tree. After I had explained the situation a very disinterested and unhelpful person said I should speak to Out Patients appointements and tried to transfer me. After a vey long time the line eventually went dead.
I hope that after consideration of the above you can see why I would be upset and disappointed. Also rather concerned about future treatments and procedures and hope my illness doesn't prove to be anything insidious ro life threatening.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 19 March 2015

irena gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Good care and clean

I went to Whipps Cross to have my baby induced because it was two weeks late. The staff who induced me were friendly and helpful and answered my many questions - I felt involved in the care, rather than a "victim" of it as can sometimes be the case. It was very busy during my visit and staff were hurried but remained pleasant and helpful. I found the wards and toilets to be very clean, much better than in previous years.
It took a long time to get checked out of the hospital but when I returned only two hours later after having my baby on the way in the car, the staff could not have been better - I was met by a large coterie of staff who helped me into hospital with my babe in arms!
The after care was also better than in previous years- a lovely nurse was an excellent communicator and explained everything really well. Physiotherapy and hearing test workers were also very helpful and communicative. All seemed to go like clockwork and we got checked out without too much delay. Communication with staff has been a problem with previous babies but it was great this time and helped me feel much more at ease.
This is clearly not a luxury hospital but I found maternity to be efficient and organised - not my experience when I gave birth there in 2008.

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 17 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Will NHS Choices will publish this this time...?

My son was born in Whipps in the late 70's - the staff were totally brilliant back then - the place was clean - I guess it was what one expected when going into labour etc....

Roll the clock forward to now.....

My grandson was born in Whipps in Feb 2015 - and boy, what a change! The staff were totally disinterested (midwives just leaving mothers to get on with things on their own - the feeling was "do I have to help you, I have better things to do...."), the whole place looked depressing and to be honest a bit dirty - and the door staff on the maternity wing were absolutely appalling - rude and with no idea of how to speak to the public..... I could go on......

I hope that if my kids have further children they don't pick Whipps to have them in - the whole experience of the place was totally, totally appalling!

What a shame - what on earth has happened to Whipps and their staff?

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 18 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent appointment

After visiting an optician I was told to go to the local hospital asap .
I called whipps Cross eye clinic in a concerned state .
They told me to come down immediately .
I was seen within 20 mins ,waited 30 mins to see the Consultant after being scanned.
Amazing service staff and facilities.

I have a followup appointment in a weeks time !

Thank you Whipps Cross .

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 05 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible service in A&E Children departments. All parents we saw yesterday went

Terrible service in A&E Children departments. All parents we saw yesterday went out swearing! We had to wait to see the doctor for almost 5 hours! We arrived at 11pm and only saw a doctor at 4 am. With a small child. My child had high temperature 40 and they didn't even want to give him paracetamol for more than an hour after I discover that his temperature is 39.7! The nurses didn't even checked his temperature when we were sitting in child's play area! Thanks God I had a thermometer with me, so I checked it after 2 hours of waiting and it showed 39.7! I run into the reception where nurses were sitting telling that my child is really hot and having fever of 39.7. They put us into the room in 10 min, then checked temperature and disappeared. We had to go out several times asking if they are going to give my child something to put the temperature down. But they just told us asked to wait, then after half an hour when he already was having 40.1 I run out of the room already crying and screaming! And one of the nurses told that because I 'shouted at her' she is not going to give my son anything! Nobody from the other members of staff told anything to her and didn't' show any feelings. Just ignore! What a treatment is it? At the end she gave a paracetamol to my child. But what kind of emergency service is that? I will never ever go there to the A&E Childs department! And will strongly not recommend to anyone! Horrible horrible experience ever!

Visited in February 2015. Posted on 23 February 2015