Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

A&E

Unfortunately I had yet again make a trip to A&E with a flare-up of diverticular disease. To say I was treated flippantly is an understatement, the doctor I saw made me feel I was wasting his time and was very dismissive of the pain I was in. I can only think it was because I'm a 67yr old lady with a bowel disease so what can I expect? We all get old it'll happen to the doctor who treated me!!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 11 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 24 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback regarding your experience at Whipps Cross Emergency Department - this experience does not meet the high standard of emergency care that we strive to deliver at Whipps Cross.  I would like apologise for your A&E visit not meeting this high standard.

Please do get in touch to discuss this further and allow me to address your concerns directly. My contact details are: Fiona McCreesh, Matron, telephone number 0208 539 5522 extension 5912 or email Fiona.McCreesh@bartshealth.nhs.uk. Alternatively you can contact the PALS Service by emailing: PALS@bartshealth.nhs.uk

KL gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service, thank you!

Broke my foot while abroad and went to Whipps Cross A&E on my return to the UK. I can't express how impressed I'm with the quality and the speed. Everyone, from the security guard to the doctors where extremely kind and professional. I thought I would have to wait at least a couple of hours before a doctor could actually see me, but left the hospital only an hour and a half after my arrival.

Thank you to everyone!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Gary Duhig gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Orthopaedic appointment

Having attended a 9:45 appointment to be told there was no delay I was finally seen 45 late after prompting them several times to find out that they had lost my notes. I was then told I should have been sent for an x ray and spoken to in an extremely rude manner. After my x ray I was returned to the chaos which goes by the name of Orthapaedics to wait for another 1.5 hours for a 30 second consultation. My 9.45 appoinment finally ended ay 13:00. I have been told that I need an operation on my knee but still wait for written confirmation of this.
In summary the hospital is a joke with staff whose attitude to its patients can only be discribed as rude.
If you have the option of going to any other hospital I suggest you take it rather than waste your time at Whipps Cross.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

karenogil gave Surgery - Vascular at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My baby has a heart condition he starting sweating 111 called and ambulance 35 mins still nothing we then both decided his care was safer at home called off ambulance to whipps cross I am glad I learend first aid for babies . Scarf that you are to frighten to take you or your child to your local hospital Cqc sort it out I pay my ni not into a postcode

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I had an ectopic pregnancy a few weeks ago that was luckily found early. I had many scans and blood tests and can honestly say every single member of staff was so kind and supportive. They are clearly very busy but gave me enough time to Ask questions and I felt very cared for. Even the reception lady made sure my mum was there to support me. It's a lovely clean building. Although a sad experience I appreciate everything they did. x

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 19 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to make a comment about the Gynaecology department at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are pleased you have had a positive experience and felt cared for by all staff members involved.  Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager and matron to share among the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

MHC gave Urology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Telephone responses to Appointments and Urology Dept.

Getting through on the telephone is appalling, Have tried to notify I am unable to attend at time given. On first day spent 20 mins trying to get through to Appointments and finally get to a point where one is asked for a message centre number - since public do not have such numbers it says "Goodbye". This is appalling.

Second day - today - 18/9/2014 - Finally got through to Appointments - 10 minutes - and was transferred to Urology. Phone rang in all for 33 mins and 37 secs before phone battery expired. No answer. Ended call at 11:41.

Am told if I do not attend at stated time I will be referred back to GP. What is one to do?.

The compulsory required information "When did you visit this hospital?" is irrelevant and should be ignored.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

dot gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A & E

Over the last 4 or 5 weeks I have had to get to emergency . The staff in majors were amazing.
They acted quickly. talked to me about what was happening and got me out of pain quickly and calmly.
I was admitted to a ward with no waiting.
I can only say a massive Thank you to the fantastic teams.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

disastrous

I just came 1h ago from A&E with my 1 year old baby,after we stayed there 4h.I sweared to myself that I`m not coming back to that hospital again only if I go with ambulance.How can they leave this little souls to stay in emergency with 100 people for so many hours with 40 degrees temperature,and then after 2 nurses and 1 doctor they just gave him a spoon of calpol and sent us home.What emergency they have if you need to wait hours until they see you.This is outrageous.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 20 September 2014

Anonymous gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Terrible midwife "care"

The midwives here are arrogant and disrespectful. Each thinks she knows best. They don't listen and don't communicate with patients. Paediatricians are lovely but we will not have more children here due to awful midwifery.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 28 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 08 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make a comment, which we take very seriously. We are so sorry to hear of your poor experience on the maternity unit at Whipps Cross Hospital. Your comments have been shared with the senior midwifery team, who have been asked to review the issues that you have raised.

In the meantime, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail and encourage you to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 020 3594 2040 or by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk. Alternatively, you can contact our Lead Midwife, Denise McEneaney directly by emailing denise.mceneaney@bartshealth.nhs.uk, who will be happy to talk to you personally.

london mum gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Fracture Clinic

Very badly managed department. The staff seemed completely over stretched and drowning in paper work which was lying on every spare surface. The physical surroundings are not suitable at all. There was not enough places for people to sit which is kind of important in an orthopedic clinic.

We waited an hour, even though our appointment was in the morning and were then told after an hour of waiting that we had to go to X-ray. The X-ray department was mayhem, no room to sit, queues out the door and many people had been waiting for 3+ hours.
There was no system by which children and the infirm could be seen more quickly.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 26 September 2014