Whipps Cross University Hospital

Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

hsa gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

outpatients

Waited three hours for an appointment at the fracture clinic today. People with later appointment times went in before me. Nursing staff unfriendly, unsmiling and not helpful. Upon seeing the consultant, however, they were very good and worked hard to start to get to the bottom of my problems. Plaster room also excellent.

However, the nursing staff in the fracture clinic need to have more people skills.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 23 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

john rice gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

perianal abscess

I had operation of perianal abscess last year which was for me unsuccessful (problem show up again two weeks after operation). After the operation  I was sent home still bleeding with blood all over me.
 No one call me to check how l am recovering or to book me compulsory appointment wich every one should have after operation.
 And on top of everything last Saturday,a year after operation  abscess start showing again,so on Sunday l went to the wipps cross hospital with idea that  in this early stage can be clean and sorted out much more successful.
Yes but no.
 The surgeon told me that is nothing wrong with me for the moment but if something show up to go to my GP and ask for  antibiotics.
 So now I have 4 cm. abscess which is growing very quickly. Antibiotics doesn't help me at all.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 24 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

L.Scott gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent experience

I went to Whipps Cross following contracting an infection and being unable to get a doctors appointment for three days. I was seen by a doctor who was very sympathetic and made me feel at ease.

I felt they were more patient and understanding than my usual GP and this was very much appreciated.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 24 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 26 June 2015

Dear L.Scott

Thank you for awarding our A&E Service with five stars and for sharing your experience.

Your lovely comments have been sent over to the team to see.

Wishing you all the best

mrcheerful reviewed Whipps Cross University Hospital

Trying to contact Whipps Cross Plane Tree Centre

Incredibly long time with the phone just left unanswered, after over 5 minutes I gave up.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 25 June 2015 using Patient Opinion

Patient Opinion Logo

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

very unhelpful staff.

From booking in and seeing 3 nurses 1 doctor then onto have blood taken from another doctor ran out of time as only had 5 pounds for 4 hours parking .what a waste and joke this hospital is.will look to use a different hospital.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 28 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very effective & effcient

Sorted out my problem & kept me informed of what's happening. Perfect.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 08 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 25 June 2015

Thank you for awarding our Urgent Care Centre with five stars. Your comment has been passed over to the team to see.

Annoying bystanders

I thought that ungrateful relatives were interferin in the work the staff had to do by slowing staff down and being a general nuisance taking up space & seats and then topping it off by writing nasty reviews in this site! This doesnt make sense- the NHS is free and should be appreciated.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 10 June 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 25 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. The team in the Urgent Care Centre will be sent your comments and we will let them know that you awarded them a five star rating.

Wishing you all the best

Kerry gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't Ask For Better

I am early in my pregnancy and went to Whipps on 2 occasions, once with pains and once with bleeding. Both times I was treated with the utmost respect and seen to very quickly. The nurses and doctors were wonderful, very frank but not unsympathetic.

I did, however, have a problem with the hygiene in the A&E dept, the toilet seat in the main toilet was split right through on both visits and the crack in it is black with dirt. And there were no cups in the water machine in the middle of the day.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 10 June 2015

Dear Kerry

It is great to hear of your experience during your visit to Whipps – thank you for sharing this with us and with others. Your kind words have been passed over to the gynaecology team as they will be happy to hear them.

We are sorry to hear of the broken toilet seat and the cleanliness of the toilets whilst you were waiting in our Emergency Department. Again, we will pass this over to our A&E team to address the issues you have raised here.

Best wishes

Jane gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Blessed

I was there because my friend had to go to a procedure. I can not thank enough all the angels on that place. They are not staff, they are definitely angels. We had meet so many on the long hours that we were there, I would like to say thanks to every one of them but the only name I can remember was that of a nurse. They were truly amazing and I will never forget them. If one day I need to be cared for, that is the place I will be going to. The department was maternity.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 04 May 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 06 May 2015

Dear Jane

Thank you for taking your time to write feedback on the visit you and your friend had to our maternity services.

We will pass on your comments to the maternity team however if you wish to provide more detailed feedback about your experience you can do this by contacting the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk or by calling 020 3594 2040.

A reviewed Whipps Cross University Hospital

Materninty Vs Hospital

I am 25 weeks pregnant and I was very scared to go go to the Whipps Cross or anywere as I am a bit of a phobic. I was very positively surprised with all the treatment from midwifes I received so far. All Staff were lovely and very understanding. I am freaked out about the labour but I hope I will be treated as nicely.
Unfortunately I had negative experience in the outpatient area. I had to go for a blood test the other day but because maternity unit had blood test closed I had to go to Hospital outpatient. From the moment I saw the person who is taking the blood I've had a feeling that they were not very friendly.
My husband told them that I am scared as I had a phoby. They said that they won't hurt me and after 1 second they stick the needle in my arm which was so painful that I almost fainted. I had tears in my eyes leaving the hospital. In the evening I've noticed that my arm hurts and its swollen. Next day I woke up in pain with massive purple bruse. It looks like the person damage my vein or something.
I know that its not a big deal but for someone who as phobic as I am that was very unpleasant experience and I think this person needs to be trained how to take a blood.
I decided to write the review only because I've heard that hospital has a very bad standard apart from maternity unit and I think Its good to leave a feedback so things can get better.

Visited in May 2015. Posted on 11 May 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 13 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and share your experience of our services. It is great to read that you were happy with the care provided to you by our maternity team. We have shared your comments with the team at Whipps.

However, we are sorry to hear of your experience during your bloods being taken in our Outpatients Department. We have raised this with the Service Manager to ensure this does not happen in future.

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy.