Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ambulance service

I called an Ambulance at around 1.15 I was very frightened as I thought I was having a heart attack. The ambulance arrived very quickly. The staff were excelent. Caring and very professional, even though I was very frightened they kept me calm. We are very lucky to have such services and caring people to look after us. I have never called an ambulance before and I thought the service was excellent from the girl on the end of the phone to being taken into the hospital. Praise where praise is due. Thank you.

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E visit for possible miscarriage

I visited A&E and was in a lot of distress however at each interaction, from the registration team to the GP to the meeting with the specialist I was treated with respect and care. I wasn't waiting long between each meeting. The GP spent a lot of time understanding our circumstances and history and made immediate referral to further assessment. A blood test was performed on the spot and results were back in 15mins. I left A&E feeling well cared for and was really impressed by the treatment and care received from the staff. Thank you!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Awful a&e

My partner and I came in at 8.45 because of a head injury he had sustained from crashing his bike. Despite him still bleeding profusely we waited over 2.5 hours to be seen and when I asked for a new bandage as the previous one was saturated in blood was told they had no tape (in a hospital! ) and all they had was bandage he would have to hold to his head. After waiting over 2 hours with a head injury obviously he wouldn't want to remove the taped bandage to hold his hand up to his head for an unknown period of time. Also nurse told us 1 hour when we arrived and when I asked reception, was told they were unrelated departments and 'they shouldn't have said this'. Seriously?!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appendectomy carried out within 18 hours of arriving at A&E

As usual, I was.very happy with my treatment by everyone concerned during my stay last week.
I Arrived in A&Ewith GP referral, sent straight to Adult Majors.
Lots of waiting with no info given.but then sent for scan, and was immediately told that an appendectomy would be carried out as soon as possible.
when I was taken to surgery they discovered my oxygen levels were very low.
IT just seemed like minutes before I awoke in Primose Ward, where the night staff were so kind making their regular checks quietly during the night so as not to disturb me or other patients.
Day staff were also very kind and always available.
When the consultant and their team arrived, they were glad I was so comfortable after the operation, but also concerned that I might be suffering from sleep apnea and made me promise to pursue this problem. This I am now doing.
I am so glad the surgery was carried out so quickly by a lovely team, but also that a problem I have had for some time will also be sorted (rather than blaming myself for the problems sleep apnea had caused for a long time).

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Arfan Ayub gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Like it or lump it attitude.

I will avoid this hospital at all cost. Treated individuals like cattle with numbers and not humans with individual problems and pains. We are human like you with concern about our health. I suffered a mild heart attack and was waiting on awful metal chairs for 1 hour with chest pains. I walked out in the end as the discomfort and just listening to the staff and doctors with no affection to all the patients around them was giving me more pain. The NHS has become an awful service with so many saving cuts and protocols and I have now truly experienced it first hand. I'm getting myself insured and going private no matter what. I hope not to experience an event like this again in my life. I just called the Hospital back and got such a like it or lump it attitude. Absolute no care about me or what I've just gone through.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

April Showers reviewed Wound care services at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Poor advice

My husband and I were referred to specialist services by our GP and the advice given was outrageous. I have sciatica and in constant pain for last two months and was told to buy a hula hoop and exercise (physio dept). My husband has an injury to his finger that has not healed, he was told to go home and boil white rice and wrap it around his finger. Where are you getting these so called specialist from. As from our experience we are not living in third world country, but the advice is.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A great A&e dr experience.

Hi wife is expecting a baby, and experienced some bleeding. We took a trip to A&e waited and met a lovely dr. The doctor inspected my wife and me her feel so much better and patiently talked my wife and made her feel completely at ease.
Date of visit : Bank hol Monday 17th April
Time : 8-9pm was seen about 11pm

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Improvements Seem!!!

Unfortunately my mum's been in and out of hospital for the last 2 years. I can definitely say there has been an improvement in A&E and acute services. Staff are much nicer and area is cleaner. Just generally it's much better.

The A&E is very busy still though. My mum got bought in by ambulance and there was 6 ambulances in a que before so there was a 50 min wait before she actually got transferred over. During that time she was in a lot of pain and couldn't get any pain relief. Something that needs improving on (paramedics helped as much as they could).

But once she was transferred to the care of A&E it was good. Nurse and doc all great Moved to AAU and my mum only had pleasant words for the staff there.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Anonymous gave at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

This hospital needs a huge shake up

I was there for nearly 7 hours. In that time I had cannula put in and bloods taken in the first hour which was excellent. Did not see a doctor until 6 hours had passed and that was because I asked!! It was not busy A&E waiting area was empty. Yet no one is dealt with and moved out. Other patients felt the same. I noticed two doctors the same two working hard I would say carrying the others!! Who seemed to be sitting at computers I know they have to get results but listening to their conversations they were not doing that!! One doctor was playing with a roll of tape most of the nite playing catch! . One nurse was wonderful got things done. Need a few more like them. The doctors seem disinterested apart from the two same doctors working. Things only moved in the last half hour before I left and were done quickly so I cannot understand why they make people wait hours before seeing a doctor!! When it's busy I totally understand but it wasn't. If I have a choice will not go there again!

Amanda reviewed Haematology at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Blood test

Absolutely over the moon with having my blood test at whipps today, arrived at 10.40am out by 11.30am. I normally end up with a painful experience due to tiny veins but they took my blood without a hitch, was very warm and friendly, infact all the staff were lovely!