Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I can see the improvement

I gave birth at this hospital in 2009 and it was the worst nightmare ever. I have been treated worst than an animal and never wanted to go back there. I know that alot has changed since then I cclearly felt it. I called for ambulance with severe bleeding after tonsillectomy procedure. The nurses and the doctors looked after me very well. I was admitted and stayed in Acute
Assessment Unit for almost a day. All the nurses were very sweet and helpful and reassuring snd professional.From Aau I have been taken to Ent dedepartment called Poplar for another 24h. The same positive thing happened over there. The nurses were very nice and helpful and looked aftrr me brilliantly. I cant believe it is ghe same hospital that I was in 2009. I am pleasantly surprised and keep it up !!!

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 07 November 2014

Anonymous gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Perianal Abcess

I went to A+E on Monday and was first seen by a young Doctor within 15 mins and then had to wait a couple of hours to be seen by a surgeon.
I arrived the next day for day surgery at 07:30 after giving my name it was 9:30 before I next saw anyone. This may be because the 7:30 arrivals were still coming in after 09:00. I saw the anestheion and then the was operated on about Midday.

When I came round I was back on my bed I guess it was now about 15:00. I was brought packed sandwiches and tea.

It was not until about 21:00 when I was discharges. I was waiting for a letter from the surgeon and to have the line taken out. I was temped to take it out myself and tell them to post the letter.

I said I needed to go home, as I care for my parents, one reg blind one with dementia, things seem to happen. The surgeon came down and explained what he done and gave me a letter for my GP, painkillers and a bag full of dressings.

He was very busy that day but made sure I understood what I needed to do. All the Plane Tree Centre Staff polite and helpfull. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long but understand that people are not always going to turn up on time and if the surgeon is still operating then He can't walk out to hand me a letter.

In all It was a good experiance.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 05 November 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Whipps Cross EGU Centre

I had a great experience whilst in the centre. I had gone in for an emergency scan. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The nurse was exceptional. She made me feel comfortable and less nervous. The centre itself is fairly new and very clean. Would definately recommend it.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Laura gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Broken nose

I come from a country where health care is free for all as in the UK but having lived in London for over a year I heard so many complaints about the NHS that I was somehow 'worried' to have to go through a procedure at the hospital. I now feel like I have to to leave my positive feedback to thank the NHS and its people for taking such good care of me!

I needed to visit A&E, the ENT clinic and then the Plane Tree Centre for a fractured nose and each single person involved since my accident treated me with respect and human sympathy.
Yesterday I went to the Plane Tree Centre for a manipulation under anaesthetic of fractured nasal bones and it all went smoothly.
I want to thank particularly: the Doctor who wonderfully explained to me everything I needed to know about the procedure and managed it at best, the anesthetist (sorry I cannot recall the name!) who patiently reassured me about general anaesthesia and made me feel safe, all the other Doctors who checked on me (whose names I do not know) and last but not least all the lovely nurses who took care of me after I woke up and the member of staff who disacharged me providing all the info I needed for a fast recovery.
Thank you all.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 06 November 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No help from maternity triage

We've been trying for several hours to get through to maternity triage, but no one picks up the phone. This is a recurring theme with this department. Frustrating when you need advice regarding when to come as you think your partner might be in labour.

I also doubt I'll get a response from Whipps X considering from their feedback history, they're only responding to positive reviews!

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 29 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Oral care appointment took 4hours

Had an appointment made at 9.30 for a dental referral and it took me 3.5 hours to be seen. Ridiculous. Waiting for an x-ray who staff who had to take it 3 times as they weren't sure how to properly do it (must have been students). And then had to wait 1.5hrs for a 'specialist' who I did not even have to see. Was not helpful at all. The appointment with her was just me telling her what my dentist had told me and how I waited 7months for this referral to get an extraction done. And she was only half listening, with me having to repeat myself a few times. And her doing an assessment on my tooth was just tapping as hard as she can with the end of a metal instrument!

Absolutely appalling service. Going to A&E would have been quicker and less hassle, and I would have sorted out this tooth months ago, like it should have been!

I do not recommend this hospital. On the other hand, the walk in for the eye clinic is great. Shame about the oral surgery section.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 14 October 2014

Anonymous gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

dreadful service.

Not only is it very hard to get though on the phone, once put though the staff are very rude! and then when transferred from department to department the phone then goes dead! at this hospital most of the staff are very rude and unprofessional I fail to see how they are employed buy the NHS! so my problem is still unsolved. after attending a&e on the 2nd of October to be told I would be referred for a x-ray with in a few days ! my gp advises me that they sent the appointment request over on the 3rd of October! yet I still remain in pain and unable to walk. and when trying to see what is going on with the process of my treatment, I am greeted with a rude staff member via telephone and no answers to my question. very unhappy with this situation.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 16 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Plane Tree Centre for Bartholin's Cyst Drainage

I was referred by my GP as an emergency patient to the Plane Tree Centre for drainage of a very swelled and painful Bartholin's Cyst (this is at the entrance to the vagina).

You are admitted at 7.15am where nurses and doctors then come round to everyone on the ward (capacity for about 15 people and about 8 beds filled when I went) who carry out pre op checks. I was very satisfied with the care and attention given to me, I saw nurses and my anesthetist prior to surgery.

Once returned to the ward, I was checked on regularly by nurses, special thanks to two particular members of staff who, despite working 12 to 13 hour days, were friendly and professional, doing everything I needed in the hours following my operation. I was fairly groggy after having general aneasthetic and their kindness and attention really made me feel at ease, their excellent sense of humour also took my mind of things!

I was extremely pleased with the level of information I was given regarding after care and was discharged around 4.30pm.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 17 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Excellent care - thank you!

I accompanied a friend visiting from abroad who broke her wrist to Whipps Cross A&E. Although it was shift-change time, she was seen promptly. Everyone we saw was kind, compassionate, and showed real dedication to doing their jobs properly. I was especially happy that staff allowed me to accompany my friend through all her treatment so I could help explain things that are different from her home country's healthcare.

This was my first interaction with NHS A&E services and I was very impressed. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 October 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a comment about the A&E department at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are so pleased your first A&E visit was such a positive one. Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager and lead nurse to share among the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous reviewed Urgent care centre at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Out of hours

Excellent responsive assessment /diagnosis /treatment by GP in the urgent care centre

Visited in October 2014. Posted on 21 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 29 October 2014

Please note - the UCC is not run by Barts Health NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to compliment the PELC service run at the Urgent Care Centre at Whipps Cross Hospital. Our staff and GPs value feedback such as this. It confirms how much quality matters to our patients and their families, and is very much appreciated.  We will let the team at Whipps Cross know of your kind and encouraging words.

PELC (Partnership of East London Cooperatives Ltd)