Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital

NHS staff at Whipps Cross really Need to buck their ideas up

Myself and my friends and family have been in and out of hospital for as long as I remember, and as Whipps Cross is the closest we have to go there. I personally have to go for treatment once a week and I'm disgusted about the service that they give the waiting times are appalling, and the staff seem to not have a clue about what they are doing I have lost count of the amount of times I have had to do my own blood test and connect myself to a drip because of rude staff,in order to get my treatment and get the hell out of there. When you have an appointment in any department and have an appointment time you have to wait hours beyond the time that you were ment to be seen at and they even have the audacity to see people with later appointment times then you first, so that leads to you having to wait even longer,( correct me if I'm wrong but I belive that this is due to age discrimination against people below the age of 25, which I am.) Don't get me started about the A&E department,for starters when my friend gashed his head open fainted and even coughed up blood we had to wait over eight hours to be seen, and when we were finally seen they did not the correct care and rushed, even though he was coughing up blood, they did not run any test, and said and I quote, " He'll be fine ,He'll be fine." We ended having to go to an other hospital, the longest that I and my friend have had to wait to be seen is over 48 hours.so therefore I rest my case.

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

We are sorry to hear the issues and concerns you raise. To address these, we would need a discussion with you to get more detail. Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service in the first instance. The team can be contacted on 020 3594 2040 or email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk

Barts Health NHS Trust

George gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing hospital

i can't belive how hard working the staff are at this hospital the a&e department was amazing when u think of the stress these staff are under so carm kind the nurse was amazing along side the doctor

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Thank you for your kind comments and for recognising the commitment and hard work of our staff.

We're really pleased to hear you had a positive experience.

Barts Health NHS Trust

CB gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care at children's A+E

I was extremely happy with the staff in general and particularly the doctor who i saw at 4 in the morning on 18th March at Whipps Cross Paediatric A+E.

I came in with my 12 year old type 1 diabetic daughter. I felt that the doctor listened and informed and involved me in her care. I coukd not fault the care if any of the staff thrre.

Thank you!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 20 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We hope your daughter is doing well.

Best wishes

Jo Ashman gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sawyerr Endoscopy Suitee

First of all I was invited for my procedure on a Saturday.
From the moment I arrived I felt safe, cared for and was treaty by kind, friendly staff. The whole experience was smooth. I was very apprehensive about attending for my procedures and extremely nervous but I nee sent have been. Perfect treatment. Please forward my positive feedback to the doctor and the whole team in the suite on Saturday 21st March 2015.
Well done all of you, and thank you, thank you, thank you!

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 22 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent patient experience.

We are really pleased to hear you felt safe and cared for throughout your time with us.

We hope you are doing well.

Best wishes
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

maternity care

As this hospital is under review i am disappointed to find that when i contacted the maternity triage number no one was picking up my call. Most maternity units have a number which you can call to answer questions but this line is clearly not staffed it therefore shouldn't be listed as an important contact on the information i was given. When i spoke to the main operator they were not very pleasant either.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that the phone number you were given was not answered when you called. We will share your feedback with the maternity department so the matter can be looked into.

Barts Health NHS Health

Julie gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst A&E ever! A health hazard!

My toddler had a head injury and was seen by a doctor after 4.5 hours! There are 4 areas/occasions you have to wait, first is when you first enter you have to queue to see the streamer, then an hour to be booked in providing the same information once again, then queued within the children's A&e section to see the nurse an hour later, who asked the same questions, then waited another 2 hours or so to see the doctor who contradicted what the near had told us, and apologised that we had to wait so long. The A&E didn't have enough seating which is awful considering such long hours to wait with 2 children under the age of 3. The nurse told us we needed stitches and it would leave a scar which was wrong information which got me worried for no reason. Play area is absolutely tiny, poorly ventilated spreading germs even more so, and extremely hot.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 27 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience following an attendance to the emergency department with your toddler.

Please accept our apologies for the long waits you experienced – we realise this would have been challenging with small children.

We do value all the points you raise and will share your feedback with the emergency department team.

We do hope your little one is recovering well.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Sleep Medicine at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

I c u

Long story short My friend fall down from ladder went to a&e in whippcross they done X-ray and told my friend we need to do operation he agreed went for an operation and didn't wake up after that we been told by the doctor his oxygen level was very low in the theatre so we keep him on ventilation so they was keeping him sleep after few days we ask doctor who said his got chest infection then after seven days they decide to transfer him to Papworth hospital in Cambridge his treatment start he start getting better after 2 and half week they decide to send him back because to complete rest of his treatment after 8 hr icu staff call us and told us come to hospital asap when we went there doctor said he is not stable we trying to keep him alive and then he passed away

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 29 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Our sincere condolences. We are sorry to hear that you have lost a friend.

Any concerns in relation to your friends care can be raised by his next of kin to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service in the first instance. The team can be contacted on 020 3594 2040 or email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk. The team will be able to provide appropriate advice.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Eye Clinic

I cannot comment on any other department of Whipps Cross Hospital but have found the Eye Clinic to be managed very well and the injection treatment I have had so far, successful. Also, in conversations with 2 other patients waiting for the same process, it would seem Whipps Cross Eye Clinic offered them hope for macular degeneration after other London eye hospitals had turned them away with "nothing can be done". For me, the treatment is worth any excess waiting time.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 01 April 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as a patient of the eye clinic at Whipps Cross Hospital.

We're really pleased to hear your positive comments and will ensure they are shared with the clinic team.

With best wishes

anne mary stefan reviewed Ophthalmology at Whipps Cross University Hospital

waiting&doctor

Hello ,today I have been to ophtalmology to see a doctor cus i have an infection to my left hide eye(mouth as well)..caused by herpes..
I ve been waiting 5h to see a doctor to give me a prescription.As I said i have a start of infection at one of the eyes,and they gave me FML (fluorometolona)On the instructions is typed very clear "do not use this product if u have herpes or any infection"..
Despite the fact i have waited for 5 hours to give me an antibiotic,they gave me exactly the wrong medicament telling at the final of consultation "Go well over the virus!" Now im very worryed .My eye is worse and tomorrow I have to see emergency another doctor!Thank you very much for making my infection worse!;)

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 16 March 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 09 April 2015

We are sorry to hear your concerns. We hope this matter is now resolved.

If you’d like to provide your feedback in more detail, you can see the options here: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/your-visit/advice-and-support/

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Triage nurse

I rang peditric dep as my daughter who was born with a serious lung problem was having difficulty breathing over night I was told to bring her in . I get to A&E spend five mins explaining to a triage nurse what the child's medical history is they then ask if there are any medical conditions . I replied I just gave it to you to which they replied I didn't get it you spoke too fast and I don't understand what you just said. This nurse has no business in a hospital or else clearly hasn't finished their training . This is typical of Whipps Cross A&E little regard for patient care and under qualified people doing jobs that require a trained and skilled person .

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 07 April 2015

We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience of using the emergency department and we'd like to assure you that we take patient care extremely seriously.

Thank you for sharing your feedback which will be passed onto the emergency department team.