Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

terry harper gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

4 1/2 hours wait to be handed over from ambalance crew

my 85 year ant was picked up at 4pm and did not see a doctor until 11pm, the whole A and E department was in chaos, and so under resorsed for the number of pations, the ambulanceman crew who picked her up had to wait 4 hours to hand over, 3 trained people just wasting time in A and E when they should be out on the road, and they were not the only crew waiting around, once transferred had to wait around on trolleys next to desks as no cubical s, assed by a very good overworked doctor and guess what no ward spaceso had to stay in A and E, Next morning still in A and E. Distressful

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 06 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 15 December 2016

We are sorry to hear about the long waiting time you experienced while at the hospital and we appreciate how distressing it must have been. Your feedback is important to us so it will be passed on to the team in A&E so that they are able to pick up on the concerns you have raised.

Best wishes,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

maternity

I recently was admitted to the antenatal ward after being monitored for 3 days in dau. I was in for two days and was told suddenly i was being discharged. I explain to the doctor i was still in pain but they insisted i was to go home. I have now been home a couple of days still in pain, being sick and unable to go yo the toilet properly. I rate the midwifes for looking after me very well but it seems the doctors do not care as much. I am 33 weeks pregnant and not sure if i take another trip to dau to be told by doctor to do home when clearly im not well.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 11 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 15 December 2016

We’re sorry to hear of your experience in the Day Assessment Unit. We’ll be sure to pass your feedback internally and if you are still in pain, we would encourage you to visit the Triage department in the Maternity Unit for further advice. We would also like to encourage you to speak to the Bart’s Health PALS Team who can investigate your experience in more detail.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Shirley Fraser gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Left in limbo. No routine post-op follow-up appt given

I am a retired Rheumatologist having worked at Whipps in the early 1960s and between 1970 and 1996. My husband had a Hip fracture which was pinned after 3 days, in surgical ward until suggested orthopaedic one would be better. After 2 weeks transferred to Ainslie Rehabilitation Centre for 1 month. On discharge Ward Sister knew nothing about arranging what should have been a routine appt. My husband has had several orthopaedic operations in the past and a similar fracture on the other side, and after care has always been most satisfactory, but not this time.. He is in pain with considerable disability. All appointments department does is keep referring to his regular annual review of his knee replacements in September 2017 and tell us to attend A & E, who would send him to the Orthopaedics. Phoning the surgeon's secretary, I just get the answer phone and they never get back to me. I hope our GP is trying to help and I have written to both sureons. We are getting desperate at thei lack of help.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 15 December 2016

We’re sorry that your husband has not had the experience that he has come to expect from Whipps and understand that this must be distressing for you too. Your feedback is important to us and I have passed on your comments to the team.

All the best
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't be happier

I was seen on a Monday for a consultation about a smallot operation I would need. The doctor I had my consultation with was the same age as me and made me feel really at ease. They were friendly and bubbly and chatted away with me. I was able to get an appointment for 2 days later to have my procedure. I've had my procedure and feel great after it. The doctors doing my procedure were very helpful with explaining what would happen and explains the after care. The nurse who was also present was so friendly and lovely too. The hospital has always been excellent for everything I've been there for. Staff are helpful and approachable and I'd recommend the hospital to everyone. I've been treated with the utmost respect and kindness. I really appreciate all the staff has done for me.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 December 2016

Thanks for the kind feedback and we're glad you received the compassionate service we strive for on a daily basis. Your comments will be passed on to the team, who we're sure will be delighted you found them helpful and approachable.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Brilliant service at the Breast Clinic

I noted a big hard lump 7 weeks postnatal, and got referred to the Breast Climic by my GP. I got my appointment within 2 weeks. I was seen by the consultant. After examination they thought the lump should be a galactocoele. I was then offered ultrasound scan, and the doctor who performed the scan also aspirated the lump and confirmed that it was galactocoele. It was such a relief to me. The consultant also gave me advice on breastfeeding. The staff in the clinic were all nice and helpful. There was a little delay in the scan, and they offered us free extension to the 2-hour car parking ticket we already purchased. Well done Breast Clinic.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 December 2016

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're glad that your time at the hospital was a postive one. We'll be sure to pass this on to the team at the Breast Clinic.

Many thanks,

Whipps Cross maternity review

I found the service and experience at Whipps to be very good. The staff who looked after me at all stages of my birth and aftercare were fantastic - kind, good humoured as well as skilled and knowledgeable. Whilst my birth didn't go according to how we'd hoped, it was dealt with calmly and well. I was in one of the newer labour ward rooms which was excellent. The post natal ward was more dated with four mums and babies in each ward room. This made it very noisy, particularly as it was exceptionally busy that week. Private rooms would be much preferable.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 December 2016

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback and we're glad to hear that your experience at the hospital met the high standard we strive for on a daily basis.

We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the maternity team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

CC gave Urgent care centre at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urgent Care Unit

After my GP surgery advised to me to go to A 'n' E earlier today, I was abit apprehensive with past experience, but I had no need to worry! Was registered, seen and advised within the hour! All the staff where excellent and friendly keep up the good work guys! 5 stars

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 21 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 December 2016

Excellent news! Thanks for giving us your feedback and we'll make sure the team in A&E see it.

Best,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Broken Wisdom Tooth Extraction

The initial MRI scan took a very long time purely due to the huge number of people needing scans on the day but the actual consultation was fantastic with a very nice and charming dentist who was clear and helpful with a lovely manner about them. Went back for the extraction 3 months later with the same lovely dentist and was in and out in under 15 minutes. I had a previous extraction on the other side a few years earlier which was very difficult due to my unusually thick roots but this time it went extremely smoothly despite virtually none of the tooth left above the gum line. A completely painless experience apart from the initial scratch from the anesthetic injection. If I knew if this dentist worked in a private practice as well, I would sign up as the treatment was exemplary. Overall a quick and painless op and a great experience. Thanks Whipps.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 December 2016

We're glad that you had an overall good experience at Whipps and that your tooth extraction went smoothly. We'll be sure to pass on your comments to the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Hospital feedback - chaotic visit

We visited the Urgent care center, while I was waiting in the waiting area, I was impressed, as there were only two of us.when I was called into the questioning room, I was still happy, as the nurse was very polite and helpful. I than went into the examination room to have my blood taken, that when things, started to go wrong. There were rubbish on the floor. Next one nurse start to get upset about working alone. They told another nurse that came in, that they are not going to work alone. The nurse that saw me had to calm the other nurse down. Another patient came in, the doctor that examine her on the bed should have pull the curtains, as she was in the hospital clothing. Another doctor came in. They were not helpful, more of a show off. Another doctor seem wonder in and out. There is no one leading the team. It was busy, there were cleaners, but the blood on the floor in the waiting area were not attended to, when the cleaner was told by one of the customer. They just said that another person will deal with it. So meanwhile everyone stepped over it without knowing. The whole waiting area was full with patients. This is the first time I have witness such disorganized department. I am so sorry I have to write this. I wish someone senior take a look into this matter. We depended on the NHS and we want to be fighting in your corner, please do the best for people that trust in you.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 22 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

We’re very grateful that you have taken the time to send in your feedback. It’s encouraging to hear that your first impressions were positive but it’s concerning that this experience wasn’t maintained throughout your time in the Urgent Care Centre. We’ve passed your comments on to the team.

Sumit

Carol gave Maternity services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful treatment

We are sitting here today, 31st December after my daughter was told on the 30thDecember the beloved baby she was carrying had died. She was told to come back today to give birth. We arrived at 10am, no one knew why she was here or were prepared for her, we were walked through the delivery suite, passing pregnant woman and hearing echo sounds of babies heartbeats, and sounds of babies crying.we were placed in a room, serviceable but clinical no one introduced theirselves, no one has been to see us we have been sitting here for over an hour now and still no one has been to attend to my daughter, no one has extended any sympathy, no refreshments in the room, no kettle or cups , no tea or coffee been offered, all we want to do is get the hell out of here, it's a sad and emotional time, and I feel we are being treated appallingly. I can't believe a new maternity unit is not prepared or equipped to deal with mothers giving birth to silent babies. Where is the compassion and care.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 31 December 2016

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 09 January 2017

We’re sorry to hear about the experience you and your daughter had at the hospital. It is not acceptable that you were not treated with the compassionate care we strive for and you expect from us. We’ll be sure to pass on your feedback to the team internally and we would also like to encourage you to speak to the Bart’s Health PALS Team who can investigate your experience in more detail.

Very best wishes,