Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Kris gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring staff

I am a new expecting mother. My first ongoing pregnancy so very consieous about it. Recently moved to the area and it happened that on a two occasions I ended up in the antenatal/maternity ward in the weekend. Everybody was very helpful and understanding. They all seam to be care about each different case they come across. Now I am booked there to give birth and the care provided so far gives me assurance that the staff will do their best. Special thanks to the- Lead Midwife.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 20 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 December 2015

Dear Kris

Wow! Thank you for awarding our Maternity Service with five stars. It is great to read that our staff are taking good care of you at what can be a difficult time. We hope that your pregnancy goes well and that our staff make you feel at ease and assured throughout.

Remember that you can speak to any of our staff should you have concerns. We have passed your thanks onto the team at Whipps Cross.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kind staff

I came to this a&e today with a family member who was a victim of domestic abuse. I never leave reviews but i must mention 2 staff members, first was on reception/check in on the evening of 6th Dec, they were very kind and helpful. Second, a nurse who was the warmest and kindest nurse i have met in my life! A huge thank you to both of these people for their kind approach and helpful advice!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 06 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 06 January 2016

Thank you for taking time to post such a lovely review on the care and treatment your family member received in our A&E.

Your kind words have been passed over to be shared amongst the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Chest clinic

Customer service in the lung function clinic is non existent. Technician could not spare 30 seconds to let me explain what was wrong with my Cpap machine, instead I had to leave my machine with them and could not use it for 5 nights. They could have avoided this by taking a look at the machine when I first took it in and they could have given me a new water container straight away. When it was fixed, I had to chase them as they did not even call me

Very disappointing.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 06 January 2016

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of service you received during your visit to the lung function clinic.

Thank you for raising this with us. We would like to look into this further and ask that you contact Madeleine Hughes, General Manager for Specialist Medicine at Madeleine.Hughes@bartshealth.nhs.uk to provide more detailed information.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Sandra gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

wonderful treatment my elderly mother was given

My elderly mother was taken ill suddenly on Saturday morning. Within 10 minutes of calling 111 a paramedic was with her.The paramedic called for an ambulance and that was with her 15 minutes after it was called.she arrived at a&e and was seen almost immediately. She was then transferred to AAU.everyone that treated her were wonderful.thanks to the paramedic,ambulance men and all the nurses and doctors my mother is well on the road to recovery.I can't thank them enough

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 12 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 06 January 2016

It is great to hear that you mother is on the road to recovery Sandra. We hope that she is feeling much better.

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on the care and treatment your mother received when she needed it. We have sent your comments to A&E and AAU to be shared amongst the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

JB gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

A&E and Fracture Clinic

I attended A&E on friday and wad told i had fractured my knee. I was given the option of a plaster cast or splint. I asked for a splint only to be told that they had run out of splints. I did not want a plaster cast as I live alone and it would have been really difficult getting around so opted to get splint from the fracture clinic. Only appointment they had wad Wednesday however 6 days away.

I decided to call the clinic on Monday as I was in pain but although both whipps x operator and I tried several times over a few hours no one answered the phone. A few times an answer machine kicked in asking caller to leave a message. I did this but again no one has called me back yet. In the end I had to attend a&e again going through the whole process again to get the splint.

This is an extremely unacceptable service. At least someone in the department should answer the phones and if they can't the phones should be diverted to someone who can answer them.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 22 December 2015

Dear JB

We are sorry to read about the difficulties you experienced during your visit and whilst trying to contact the clinic. As you will appreciate this is a very busy time of year for our A&E Service and the Fracture Clinic, and our staff work hard to provide the best service possible. However, you should have been able to speak to someone over the phone to discuss your splint and to prevent you coming to A&E a second time. We apologies for this.

We really value your feedback which we will use to make improvements where needed. Your review has been passed onto the team in A&E and the fracture clinic.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Tim gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A&E

I went to Whipps on 19 Dec 2015. I had accidentally cut my hand and needed urgent medical care. I was treated by a nurse practitioner. They put me at ease right away, calmed me down, and reassured me with their clear knowledge and understanding of the treatment of wounds. They talked me through what they were doing and let me decide whether to have an injection in my hand or not (in the end I needed one). They were very thorough with washing my wound which made me feel they cared for my health. They stapled up my hand quickly and effectively. I received a very good service and they were friendly.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 26 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 29 December 2015

Dear Tim

Thank you for taking time to share your experience of our A&E Service. It is great to read that you were made to feel at ease and reassured by the nurse who took care of you.

Your kind words have been shared with the team in A&E.

Wishing you all the best
Barts Health NHS Trust

Safiyya gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AAU Triage

I had some abdominal pains. Despite the five hour waiting time at A&E on bank holiday weekend, I was quite quickly given a bed to rest on. I was moved to AAU Triage ward to be seen by a surgeon, and then moved a day later, for a short while, to the Poplar Ward. In both wards, I was treated very well by the nurses and the doctors that came to see me, all of whom were very empathetic. i would like to extend my regards to them all. Thank you.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 29 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 December 2015

Thank you for taking time to post a review Safiyya. It is always great to hear when our patients are happy with the care and treatment they receive by our staff. Your kind words have been shared with the A&E team and onto AAU and Poplar Ward.

Wishing you all the best

Rajnish gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity unit staff are heroes

My and my wife would like to say a big Thank you to the Maternity unit staff, the doctors and the midwifes team for providing all the support and care during and after the delivery of our baby.
All the staff is very professional, caring and friendly. Hospital facilities are excellent!!
You guys are the real heroes of the society and are doing really good work!!
Well done and thank you once again !

Warm Regards

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 30 December 2015

Wow! Thank you for the glowing review and four awarding our maternity team with five stars! We have shared this with all of the team.

Congratulations on the birth of you baby Rajnish. We hope that you are all doing well.

kayla shannon gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

booked appointment

Booked appointment online the day before me and a friend arrived on time for our appointment they then couldn't find us on the list, had to fill forms etc. Sat down waiting for all together 1 hour 45 minutes before seeing anyone. even when people had just walked in whether they maybe booked for 6:30 or 7 we was still on time for 6pm appointment & by the time we was called everyone had been put in front of us & we were the last to be seen. As per the website we was informed we would have a maimum time of 45 minutes here altogether. Very disatisfied & will never be returning & will also be putting this word around.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 05 January 2016

Dear Kayla

We are really sorry to hear about this and send our apologies to both you and your friend.

We would like to look into this occurrence so that we are able to check our booking systems to make sure they are all running as they should be. To do this we would need you to send us more detail about the service you attended by contacting our Patient, Advice and Liaison Service on 020 3594 2040 or by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk with information about your visit.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Cosmina Susca gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mulberry Ward

After reading some bad reviews about Whipps Cross maternity ward, I felt sorry for choosing this hospital for giving birth to my baby. Anyway, some friends and relatives gave birth there and they were happy with the services so I thought it will be OK for me too.

The big day finally came and I was very happy to discover the great support received from the Mulberry ward`s midwives team.I had to stay in hospital for 4 days because my baby had low weight at birth and all midwives were so nice to me and explained me clearly all the procedures .I am very thankful to all team, including the midwives.

Merry Christmas to you all!!

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 25 December 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 05 January 2016

Dear Cosmina

Thank you for taking time out to post your experience of our Maternity Services. It is always fabulous to hear when patients are happy with the care they receive at our hospitals, by our staff.

All of the staff on Mulberry Ward will be extatic to hear your kind words so we have sent them over for them to see.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby. We hope that you are settling in well.