Whipps Cross University Hospital

Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Geraldine Randall gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

I attended the Endoscopy Unit for a Colonoscopy on 10th Sept 2014 and to say I was a little nervous was an understatement. About 7 years ago I had a similar procedure but not as detailed and this was before the unit had been revamped. The reception staff are friendly and polite and the nursing staff are lovely. The nurse who took me in listened to my fears and reassured me. The waiting ward is clean and modern and the staff are always keen to respect your dignity. The actual procedure, although very uncomfortable, was made easier by the doctor performing it and his two assistant nurse who kept talking to me. Upon discharge I was given tea and biscuits and then discharged by a nurse who explain next steps. Thank you Whipps Cross Endoscopy Unit

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 10 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Malwina gave Dermatology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Department

I was referred to dermatologist to check on a mole on my skin that I was concerned about for some time. Arrived to my appointment on time and was seen by a doctor almost instantly. I explained my concerns and was given the treatment on the same day. Amazing! Both the doctor and the assistant nurse were very professional and very reassuring and made me feel like I had the best care I could wish for. Thank you!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 08 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

EGU Unit

I had to have a scan for my pregnancy a little earlier than expected. I was directed to the EGU unit at Whipps Cross Hospital. I would like to express my appreciation to the staff, specially the doctor! She is the most kind and sweet doctor ever! Very professional, experient and caring! Very positive experience, all I can say!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E

I had to visit the A&E at Whipps Cross twice within 2 weeks. I am ever so pleased with the care I received from reception to the doctors. Everyone was very helpful indeed! I have seen the first time one doctor and on the second time an A&E Doctor. I wish to express my gratitude to them! I wish all the success to their careers. It was one off for me but I will never forget all of them!

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 11 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 13 October 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback and for sharing the experience you have had at the A&E at Whipps Cross Hospital.

It is good to hear that you are happy with the care that you received. Your kind comments will be passed on to the team.

Many thanks,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Gary Duhig gave Orthopaedics at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Orthopaedic appointment

Having attended a 9:45 appointment to be told there was no delay I was finally seen 45 late after prompting them several times to find out that they had lost my notes. I was then told I should have been sent for an x ray and spoken to in an extremely rude manner. After my x ray I was returned to the chaos which goes by the name of Orthapaedics to wait for another 1.5 hours for a 30 second consultation. My 9.45 appoinment finally ended ay 13:00. I have been told that I need an operation on my knee but still wait for written confirmation of this.
In summary the hospital is a joke with staff whose attitude to its patients can only be discribed as rude.
If you have the option of going to any other hospital I suggest you take it rather than waste your time at Whipps Cross.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 12 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

karenogil gave Surgery - Vascular at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My baby has a heart condition he starting sweating 111 called and ambulance 35 mins still nothing we then both decided his care was safer at home called off ambulance to whipps cross I am glad I learend first aid for babies . Scarf that you are to frighten to take you or your child to your local hospital Cqc sort it out I pay my ni not into a postcode

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 October 2014

Excellent care

I had an ectopic pregnancy a few weeks ago that was luckily found early. I had many scans and blood tests and can honestly say every single member of staff was so kind and supportive. They are clearly very busy but gave me enough time to Ask questions and I felt very cared for. Even the reception lady made sure my mum was there to support me. It's a lovely clean building. Although a sad experience I appreciate everything they did. x

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 19 October 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 21 October 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to make a comment about the Gynaecology department at Whipps Cross Hospital. We are pleased you have had a positive experience and felt cared for by all staff members involved.  Your feedback is important to us and will be passed onto the service manager and matron to share among the team.

Barts Health NHS Trust

MHC gave Urology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Telephone responses to Appointments and Urology Dept.

Getting through on the telephone is appalling, Have tried to notify I am unable to attend at time given. On first day spent 20 mins trying to get through to Appointments and finally get to a point where one is asked for a message centre number - since public do not have such numbers it says "Goodbye". This is appalling.

Second day - today - 18/9/2014 - Finally got through to Appointments - 10 minutes - and was transferred to Urology. Phone rang in all for 33 mins and 37 secs before phone battery expired. No answer. Ended call at 11:41.

Am told if I do not attend at stated time I will be referred back to GP. What is one to do?.

The compulsory required information "When did you visit this hospital?" is irrelevant and should be ignored.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

dot gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

A & E

Over the last 4 or 5 weeks I have had to get to emergency . The staff in majors were amazing.
They acted quickly. talked to me about what was happening and got me out of pain quickly and calmly.
I was admitted to a ward with no waiting.
I can only say a massive Thank you to the fantastic teams.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 18 September 2014

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

disastrous

I just came 1h ago from A&E with my 1 year old baby,after we stayed there 4h.I sweared to myself that I`m not coming back to that hospital again only if I go with ambulance.How can they leave this little souls to stay in emergency with 100 people for so many hours with 40 degrees temperature,and then after 2 nurses and 1 doctor they just gave him a spoon of calpol and sent us home.What emergency they have if you need to wait hours until they see you.This is outrageous.

Visited in September 2014. Posted on 20 September 2014