Whipps Cross University Hospital

Telephone: 020 3416 5000
Address: Whipps Cross Road, London, E11 1NR
Website: http://www.bartshealth.nhs.uk/

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The worst,

I went to ENT.. Although reception staff were ok and the one that conducted my hearing test, I did not even see the doctor who was meant to be dealing with me which made me very anxious. I think I was handed over to a new trainee who did not explain much, was quite abrupt in questioning. Did not like their approach. Probably the worst service I have experienced given that I rarely use health services other then if I really have to, in this instance this was the case.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 26 January 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Len gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Last Tuesday evening I had to call the emergency services to attend to my wife.

Last Tuesday evening I had to call the emergency services to attend to my wife. I'd like, through this review to express my appreciation to the lady at the emergency services control who helped me; the motorcycle paramedic, who arrived first and the ambulance crew. I'd also like express my appreciation to the staff at the A&E. in particular the consultant, the senior doctor and the young doctor, who all kept me informed as to what was happening and the nurse who bought me a much appreciated cup of coffee in the early hours. I'd also like to express my thanks to the nurses on the Acute Assessment ward, especially the nurse who bought us cups of tea and biscuits.

You all were very professional. Compassion in action. A million blessings be upon you all.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 24 January 2015

Nat gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dr. Anupama Shahid at Emergency Gynaecology Unit (EGU)

Dr. Anupama Shahid is a great doctor. Her confidence and professionalism have given me the peace of mind which no other gynaecologist in has given me before. Every time I attend Dr. Shahid's appointment, she gives me the clear picture of my condition. At the end of each visit she prints out copies of her notes for me as well as for my GP. My notes I can keep for my records. This is something that I find very useful and greatly appreciate.

As I have moved home few times, this frequent change has created quite a few gaps in GP's medical records. The new GP's and gynaecologists never had a clear understanding of my condition and how long it has been going on. I have been feeling very hopeless and depressed. With the help of Dr. Shahid I have a complete understanding what is going on in my body. I know measurements and state of my Endometriosis, I am hopeful and I feel there is a possibility of life without a constant pain.

Dr. Shahid is a valuable asset in Whipps Cross University Hospital. Generally I do not like the Whipps Cross hospital because of my negative experience with previous gynaecologist, pelvic scan done at radiology unit, difficulty with getting an appointment at EGU, missed appointments because of late receipt of the appointment letters; Nevertheless, every time have an appointment with Dr. Shahid she remembers me and gives me the confidence in this hospital, that I am being looked after and everything is going to be OK.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 29 January 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

MrsNdiaye gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

couldnt be better

After a very traumatic labour, obgyn suggested csection, that was godsend and very well performed. Aftercare also was wonderful. All the midwives and doctors were very professional and helpful

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 06 February 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Z.Kalinova gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity - very positive birth experience,

I gave birth on my baby girl at Whipps Cross on 06.01.2015 and am very impressed with all staff who took care of me. I want to say a big thank you on midwifes who are friendly nice and helpful specially on midwife which was to me all the time. Thanks again to all of you.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 13 January 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Mr Blackwater gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exception A&E staff and Acute Assessment team

I received unbelievable care in the cleanest A&E I have been admitted to: calm, clear and caring.
I was transfered to AAU ward after A&E as an in patient and was struck by the positivity and dedication of the whole team there.
While the newspapers talk of a system close to breaking point, and it was clearly a busy time, whatever is being done at WC is working.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 15 January 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Jeremy Adam gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Level of A&E service

Attended with my partner last night. We arrived at 21.30 with suspected severe trapped abscess causing considerable pain and sickness. Consulting doctored confirmed the diagnosis and referred to Surgery. By 01.30 no member of the surgical team had attended the patient. Gave up as no information could be given as to when there might even be a surgical response. Told to come back in the morning and try again. No appreciation for patient’s level of pain and anxiety nor the potential/danger of the abscess risking further complications.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 15 January 2015

Anonymous reviewed General Surgery at Whipps Cross University Hospital

I hope never to have to go there again.

so much time wasted by staff running round like headless chickens doing menial tasks that ward assistants should be there for. Too few staff for too many patients - the result of EU immigration. Whenever you ask for something "in about an hour" was the usual response but 4 hours were more accurate. Admission x-ray not looked at so totally wrong diagnosis and medication. I, the patient, had to point basic things out to the doctors who hadn't bothered to look or ask.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 16 January 2015

Anonymous gave Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Our birth delivery

We had our baby on 7th January 2015 via Caesarean section. You could not fault the level of care we received. Before we went into theatre we were treated with the highest respect. In theatre, the surgeons were calm even when my blood pressure dropped, they acted instantly and took care of me.
We would like to say a special thank you to person who looked after us before and after delivery. Due to several complications we had to stay longer than expected in recovery. She looked after us, stayed longer than she needed to.
I can't believe the negative feedback I've read on this website. I couldn't fault the level of care we received. Thank you Whipps cross caesarean team. :-)

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 17 January 2015

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

father to be?? gave Gynaecology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very rude and inconsiderate nursing staff at the EGU

Despite the fact that my wife was referred back to the EGU ward for a blood test by an A&E doctor - the nurse at the EGU refused to grant an appointment because "it is not the usual procedure" and actually hung up the phone.

Given the fact that my wife is 5 weeks pregnant and bleeding intermittently and has been told by our GP, an EGU nurse and A&E that she needs some tests done we are now in a situation where we have no choice but to try and find another hospital further away from us to get the required tests done to see what is going on.

I fail to understand how it is possible for someone who is granting appointments is allowed to overrule what has been recommended by a doctor from the same hospital.

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 January 2015