Whipps Cross University Hospital

020 3416 5000 Whipps Cross Road , London, E11 1NR

Francis gave Diagnostic Imaging at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Colonoscopy

I received a colonoscopy on Tuesday 21/2/17. The staff was friendly and approachable, and kept me informed throughout the proceedure, and seemed to be very thorough in their work. They advised me against receiving sedation, which turned out to be good advice, as I was able to return home soon after the proceedure. I was sorry that I was wheeled out of the theatre before I had a chance to thank them properly.

Some of the nurses that I spoke with before the proceedure were difficult to understand, and perhaps need to improve their pronunciation of English.

The worst aspect was waiting for the proceedure to start. I was called at 8.15 am, but the proceedure did not start until 10.45 am. Could I not perhaps have been called later? During that time I became increasingly anxious, and frustrated at the need to wait so long.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback and we're glad to hear you found staff to be friendly and approachable. We can also understand how distressing it can be when procedures get delayed so we can only apologise for this.

Barts Health NHS Trust.

Gemma Haley gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Fab care for my baby

Arrived yesterday with my 13 month old ....with croup really high temp and a rash was seen within about 20 minutes and he was given treatment for the croup straight away.
His obs were done at regular intervals and I was kept updated about what was going on.
Staff in the children's department were lovely and helped with anything I needed.
After getting the all clear few hours later he is now a lot better.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

We're glad to hear that your son is a lot better and that your experience at the hospital was a positive one.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional staff

I have just visited Whipps Cross A&E with my fourteen year old son who had something in his eye. The senior nurse attended to us and was amazing. They were everything you could wish from a professional nurse, extremely efficient, kind, informative and the list goes on.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

We're delighted that you were treated with the safe and compassionate care we strive for on a daily basis. Thanks for taking the time to send in your comments.

Anonymous gave Urology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Plane Tree Ward

The initial handling of my surgery at the plane tree centre was frustrating as my date was moved quite close to the original date. This meant i was inconvenienced when trying to re arrange prebooked leave of work and care for after my surgery.

On the day the staff were very friendly and helpful but the wait time was ridiculous. I was asked in at 7am ans to be fasting and was told it would happen soon. I ended up waiting until 2pm for my turn after not eating since the night before.

The surgery went okay and the staff i had encountered were very nice. Post surgery i felt like it took a few times to ask for something not sure if thats because they were understaffed and busy or what. It was frustrating as i then ended up waiting until the ward was closing for the day at 7pm to be discharged. Which then felt rushed as i was given a few items and that was it. No after care advice or help whatsoever.

Since then i am due to go back for a post op check which was booked for 28th Feb and then moved to 2 days later on the day before again inconveniencing me. It has been quite an ordeal to say the least with delays at every point. I dont know if id look to go back there in the future if im honest.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to send in your feedback. We appreciate how distressing it can be when appointments are postponed or delayed so if you would like us to investigate this further, please contact the PALS Team on 020 3594 2040 or by email: pals@bartshealth.nhs.uk.

Best wishes,
Barts Health NHS Trust

Sandra S gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

First class service

I was advised to visit Whipps Cross Hospital after calling NHS Direct when I explained I had been diagnosed with a cartilage injury to my chest the week before and the pain was getting worse. From the time of arrival to departure I was treated extremely well. The reception staff listened carefully as did the GP who gave me sound advice. I had several checks and an xray which indeed confirmed muscle damage. I was happier when I left as the consultant (via the nurse) told me the pain would get worse before it gets better. I was given pain killers. The overall time from arrival to departure was approximately 3 hours. Thank you for a first class service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Paolo Ravellini gave Urology at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

leave me the catheter overtime

I finally had operation on the 16th of February (bladder neck incision) on the 28/02/ 17 I suppose to be attend for trial without catheter ,on the desk I was welcome with kind explanation that my appointment is cancel because the doctor is hill????? I simply question you , in an occidental country on 2017 in a modern hospital there no another doctor to attend the patience and you send people home 1 extra week with catheter on and with all discomforts which accompanying this therapy?
Absurd!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Chrissy B gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent care given in A&E

I arrived at A&E not knowing what to expect. a but anticipating a long wait. In total my care took about 3 hours - I had broken my ankle and this involved seeing a highly efficient and professional nurse practitioner, having a cast put on by an equally efficient and friendly practitioner and having 2 x-rays taken. I have nothing but praise for the dedication, goodwill and good humour of the staff. Thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital has not yet replied.

Amy Louise gave Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding ENT

So I was referred to Whipps Cross A and E department to go and see the ENT team due to a particularly nasty ear infection that had to be microsuctioned. I arrived at 10.15 and was registered immediately. By 10.20 I was triaged and by 10.30 I was being seen by the ENT Doctor who was absolutely outstanding and made me feel safe and comfortable. The procedure was really painful and I did cry, but the Doctor reassured me and suggested that they see me again in 2 days time to have it done again. I thought this service was amazing because I now have an ENT outpatient appointment tomorrow, and I was only seen yesterday! Very quick turnaround. The Doctor suggested using antibiotic ear drops to help take the ouch out of my ear and they will try microsuction tomorrow. The Doctor also put in an ear wick (which is like cotton wool) into my ear to help soak up the ear drops. Fabulous service and very quick. They didn't rush with me once, even when their pager beeped they continued their work on me for about one hour. Absolutely outstanding! I would certainly recommend ENT at Whipps Cross Hospital.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

A/E

Arrived at whipps Cross on Sunday with a lump under my armpit. From the receptionists to the surgeon the care I received was excellent. The lump was removed on the Monday morning. The care the nurses gave was brilliant. Thank you for the care I was given

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

Thanks for sending in your comments and we're glad that you were treated well by the staff who were treating you.

Barts Health NHS Trust

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Whipps Cross University Hospital

Thank you for caring for our friend Bo (John)

Our friend, Bo (John) was first admitted to Accident and Emergency Service (via ambulance) last week Monday, stayed in the resus area, then in the major's unit prior to being moved onto the Acute Assessment Ward, Bay J (early Monday morning). On Wednesday night he was moved to the Margaret Centre, where he sadly passed away. I want to thank the caring, dedicated, gentle and professional team (that is the wider MDT from HCAs to Nurses and Consultants; in particular a Nurse and the Consultant) for their outstanding holistic care over those 3 days. We are devastated but it brings a little peace to know that Bo (John) was looked after so well and kept as comfortable as possible. Kindest Regards from all the fan club xx

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Whipps Cross University Hospital replied on 28 February 2017

Thanks for sending this in to us. Our staff will be delighted to hear that they have a fan club.